Anti DMC5 thread

Can we try and have a somewhat polite and not-bait-heavy discussion about the things that are actually wrong with DMC5?

This game feels a lot like Souls games in a sense that it is certainly good and engaging enough to warrant multiple walkthroughs but it's also very flawed as far as other games in the series or genre go.

I've just watched Maximillian's the way people dick-ride it as if it's doing absolutely nothing wrong feels just weird.

My biggest pet peeves so far are:
>Level design being very lame and repetitive both gameplay and visuals-wise
>I respect what they were going for with V, he feels like a fighting game character (Zato, Carl Clover etc, y know) but I really don't fucking enjoy playing him and a thought of having to go through his missions in harder walkthroughs is just off-putting
>While there are a couple of good tracks the music in general feels way too bland, even when you are S ranking your levels
>Bayonetta has ruined dodging mechanics in DMC for me. Not being able to roll away at any moment feels way to stiff. It also fucks with Royal Guard because enemies have very little tracking to accommodate poor rolling mechanics meaning that they end up missing a lot when you attempt to cancel your attacks into parry
>Character designs. I came into the game thinking that I actually got used to Trish, Nico and Nero looking the way they do, but ended up still disliking them

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (500x626, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kj4oj-bLML0
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gSJe60g20
youtube.com/watch?v=pF77zLM3Zd4
strawpoll.me/17590802
youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ5vXH5yb4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also it was way too easy on first available difficulties.

>imagine Trish getting pinned against a gray wall, that's the same color of her fucking boring bitch-ass character who imperonates moms becuase she's literally an unholy wretch with no dignity whatsoever, while at the same time the demon-whore who suckled Mundus' big red tri-balls and had so much piss-stained demon cum splurged all over her hair, it got dyed blond, is being fisted with pizza up her matrix-2000 black fetish pants ripped apart, so hard the term yeast infection gets a new meaning, and with her last whoreish, skanky, breaths she coughs up the crusty, hell-cum out her ps2-octagon mouth, leaving her dark soul unfilled, yet her ass stuffed to the brim

Attached: dante embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 19K)

Your a faget

I know, right?

I enjoyed it immensely. I'll agree that level design got repetitive, but that's about all of your complaints I will take.

>Bayonetta spoiled me

You're god damn right. Bayonetta is incredibly forgiving with its witch time and dodge rolls/frames of invincibility. DMC is not.

Attached: ur_a_faget.jpg (600x600, 43K)

>DMC
>what we've seen so far of doom eternal

It seems like every game that tries to "invasion" mechanic will end up doing it better than dark souls even after five games.

But it's enemies are also more agressive, have wider attack ranges and their attacks track more.
Bayo on hard is definitely harder than DMC5 on Demon Hunter. Getting S rank is harder too.

I agree with these points, and I wish there were just multiple campaigns instead of forcing you to play as certain characters, once I got to Dante I only wanted to play as him, but like 3 missions later I have to play as fucking V again

How do dmc fags cope with the fact that every game recycles the same bosses

>Hard is harder than normal
Like, woah, man...I've never thought about that...

Well they should have made "hard" available from the start then. Instead of forcing me to play trough normal and then hard just to unlock proper hard.

Also, I felt they kinda did the same thing as DOOM in that most of the fights were in arena-like areas, I was kinda irritated by that. And all of the levels are so damn dark, on a few missions it's very difficult to see the fights sometimes.

My biggest problems:
>V isn't "unfun" to play but his moveset is SO vastly gimped and small (one special cane move, only two actual combos, the rest is AoE spamming). Nightmare is also slow and unresponsive having to scratch his ass & sip tea before every attack
>Back-to-back Vergil fights were unnecessary, Nero vs. Vergil would've been enough
>The cameo system is fucked unless one of your friends is online, half the time I wouldn't see anyone that was supposedly in my world
>The music is good, not great, and blends into the background alot of times (I didn't even hear King Cerberus's OST during the fight, maybe because i was too focused though). The dynamic tracks also glitch alot
>Level design just kind of gives up halfway through the game

I definitely agree about it being too easy on devil hunter and the level design being lame.
What's wrong with having a limited ability to dodge though? I like it that way because it forces me to commit to actions so I have to be more aware of what the other enemies are doing.
I wish enemies could do more to you when you go into the air. Most enemies can't touch you.

Pretty easily since they don't?

Mission 14 is like eating dried out bread

Attached: 1552209368780.jpg (720x817, 58K)

...which still doesn't matter because you have bayonettas dodge and witch time?
Dude you say you want no shitposting thread about what's wrong with dmc and you use subjective points? Read what you write.

I honestly let out a sigh IRL the first time I opened V's shop tabs and they dedicated an entire "Cane" section to...Royal Fork.
This fucker is supposed to be Vergil & apparently carries over his summon swords ability, but they couldn't be assed to give him more than one move utilizing it? Especially considering how lame the rest of his moveset is? I really want to know what they were thinking when designing this character.

>bayonettas dodge and witch time?
Which creates an incentive to risk try dodging things in the very last moment. A mechanic DMC5 is utterly lacking outside of Royal Guard...which Bayonetta also has.

>This game feels a lot like other DMC games in a sense that it is certainly good and engaging enough to warrant multiple walkthroughs but it's also very flawed as far as other games in the series or genre go.
fixed
Souls games didn't invent replayability

did it on human first because i'm a coward, now i hava SoS unlocked but i'm trying it on devil hunter first and it's so piss easy it's boring.

Ironically DMC 1 and DMD mode came before Souls

Yes but I feel like people used to dickride the most recent (non-DmC) game in the series up until now. 1 was great. Then 3 was unanimously considered the best. Then 4.

And now we have 5 that does some things better and a bunch of things worse than those games while staying on par overall quality-wise.

>Story focuses way too much on pointless fanservice and not enough on developing Nero even when he's supposed to be the new main protagonist
>Regarding that they really should've brought Kyrie back instead of Lady or Trish and developed her into a proper character since she's integral to Nero's own character development, yet they just finish all of it in one fucking phone call
>V was a complete waste of an interesting looking character, even if his gameplay was sometimes a mixed bag and doesn't have as much depth or responsiveness as Dante or Nero
>Lack of memorable secondary villains since both V and Urizen are literally just Vergil and everyone else are just fanservice nods or literal whos
>Campaign is too short considering the sheer number of playable characters and new gameplay additions that it doesn't really give the player time to get used to anything first, with Cerberus and Nero's Devil Bringer being the worst offenders considering when they're first introduced. If the fucking final boss of the game has a mid-game pause tutorial, something has definitely gone horribly wrong.
>Both Vergil fights are kind of ass compared to 3, not only in gameplay but also music and emotional load as well
>Music in general was a mixed bag, with Devil Trigger and Cavalier's fights being 10/10 tracks but many others being unmemorable, especially both Vergil fights
>Difficulty is pretty jumpy on first DH playthrough: most of the game is easy until mission 19 which is a big difficulty spike in comparison, followed by piss easy mission 20
Overall I think it's probably the best in the series considering the mechanical depth, but those were my biggest beefs with the game. I definitely didn't get the same sort of emotional catharsis from finishing 5 as I got from 3.

Attached: 1552260618318.jpg (607x1024, 79K)

Honestly? Just let me select what character I wanna use at all times during the second playthrough, I just don't wanna play V again.

that's because there's been a bunch of lobbyists in the game journo scene and anti-fans pushing for DmC to replace DMC, thus the dickriding backlash
my problem with 5 is the excessive amount of stages with city ruins and sewers, which is ironically also an issue I had with DmC. that game's level design was at its best during those Bayonetta-esque segments with shifting planes and colored outlandish backgrounds

King Cerberus is way more dynamic than Cerberus.

The only issue I have is gold orbs. When a boss fight is coming to it's end, is when it's at its most tense. Gold orbs will let you get back up and finish a boss fight as if it was nothing. No tension anymore.

You get style points for dodging shit last minute in DMC.

But having to commit to attacks rather than being able to bail yourself out of anything at any time is a good thing

I'm absolutely certain DMC5SE will include playable Vergil for V's stages, or an entire solo campaign like 4SE did.
and probably one for Trish/Lady too since they spend almost half of the game chilling in Nico's van, it doesn't make sense

i swear to god the game changed the control scheme on me near the end from what i set it to before, i set attacks to square but after i got devil trigger with nero it felt like the game changed it back to triangle

I know, Nero also has a just frame dodge. But those bonuses aren't as essential as witch time.

Lady & Trish will have their own 3-4 chapter side mission in DMC5SE, it'll be their job from Morrison.

You have to change it for each character, thankfully. I would be so fucking pissed if the game forced me to go into menus each time I have to play V because attacking with face buttons as him is a bitch.

Your 10 year old humour is embearassinge

still the same fucking boss

I barely even use this game's dodge because I spend as much time in the air as possible, and more often than not it's more effective to just jump out of the way of an attack.

An air dodge for Nero would be nice

My only complaints are replacing character themes for what feels like the majority of the game for low energy background music, and not giving you a devil breaker switch ability post game. Being able to switch on the fly between even 3 breakers without sacrificing them would be amazing

The art direction is absolute garbage, I don't understand why so many people are talking about how the characters look when the levels are so boring, the whole game is just generic destroyed city and then the plant. I also found it really tedious how some levels are just running down a corridor into an arena over and over.

V sucks and I just wanted his levels to end asap.

Trish and Lady do absolutely nothing of interest or purpose the whole game.

The story isnt engaging and doesn't make sense.

So is there a trick to using L2+R2 with nero at the same time? Cuz that looks like an insane damage boost.

Idk why people say that you have to commit to shit in DMC5 when you can chance anything into dodge/jump/guard as long as it lands which it always does. It just ruins the flow.

Attached: 21125125.jpg (1202x685, 60K)

Let's hope

Gotta say, poor level design definitely hurts the initial expirience but kinda pays off in the long run. When you replay the game on higher difficulties and you don't have to bother with puzzles and exploration just to progress further - it's rather nice for an action game.

It isn't better nor worse. It depends on how you like your games. Do you like being restricted to the bosses' patterns? Do you like being able to seamlessly switch between offense and defense? Personally, I prefer the DMC/Bayo style because it makes boss fights feel different and dynamic every time. Meanwhile, boss fights in games where I have to commit to every attack feels like I'm practicing a dance routine.

You've lost your mind.

I know that none of the games in the genre have ever been about story but Nero going full power of friendship in the end was just fucking cringy.

>kyrie, one of the main chars waifu, is reduced to a voice only

funny you say that. when i first played demons souls i thought to myself "hey this is like a really clunky open world devil may cry game."

>/pol/ culture warriors find out that a game has an ethnic woman
>Proceed to relentlessly shitpost about it because they don't care about anything except their agenda

There were some good interesting looking parts like the library in one mission, but yeah most of the game is just either dull destroyed city or the biological plant tower.

Shit level design and lack of quality music make it very souless. Glad I pirated it.

capcom knew people would rip the model and wanted her to remain pure

agree on the level design some. too much samey qliphoth. the section after you get dante's dt2 should've been a new setting

V kinda grew on me over time. I fucking HATED him at first but now he's ok. You can do some sick stuff and his taunts are amazing. His controls can be really unresponsive sometimes. I fucking can't do Griffon's lightning V skill consistently, I have no idea why. I also wish he had more cool tricks with summons, right now his moveset is kinda limited and crowd control isn't ideal considering how many enemies have superarmor in this game. Looking forward to play him on DMD and in Bloody Palace coop.

Bayonetta's hard mode also has to be unlocked. That's just how it is in the genre; the first playthrough is basically a tutorial to introduce you to all the enemy types and gradually give you access to all your abilities so you know what you're doing on the harder settings.

>Bayonetta's hard mode also has to be unlocked.
Not in 2.

>babynetta had to come with stuff already unlocked for tender bing bing wahoos
kek

It would be great if it would get some expansion/DLC like Dark Arisen that would add more areas, level design is too shitty and repetitive. Even then it would be a disappointment because it's series where you really have to nail the music and they failed to do it this time. As it is right now it's still a good game but it could've been much better. After MH: World (I'm not a huge fan but it has shit ton of soul in it) and REmakes I expected more from DMC.

Really, Kyrie is so underdeveloped they could've done literally anything with her while making her also do something in the plot rather than just acting as a damsel in distress. She could've also been used to pace Nero's own character development better by bringing up him still being still sad about Credo and lack of proper family earlier and building up Nero's feelings towards Vergil, rather than stuffing all of it into literally one phone call at the end of the game.

Attached: 80634fb04fc57793ba0b93b8257564a4[1].jpg (374x535, 33K)

>not being forced to play through babby mode before you can get some challenge off the game makes it for tender people
Not even mentioning the fact that you have to actually replay the fight you have lost whenever you do die.

Dark arisen was such a huge leap in difficulty from the main game it almost felt like a completely different one

The entire game was very linear. I liked the maze like layouts that you ran back through in DMC1 and 3.
Besides that it was my only gripe

Eh, it's cool for the first time but pain in the ass if you want to just replay on DMD.
The best solution is to have "action mode" with all cutscenes, puzzles and basically all movie\exploration segments removed. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge did this and it was amazing. Every action game should adopt such idea because it really makes reaplaying the game very enjoyable and easy without taking away from actual initial expirience.
DMC5 is a middle-ground. Nice to replay but kinda lame initially.

No, because the game is great, and dedicated threads for shitting on it aren't necessary. sure there's a few flaws, like that continue screen, but why focus on the negatives when there's so much positive unless you just knowingly want to stir the pot and make controversy for no good reason?

Attached: 1552156880501.jpg (655x753, 29K)

Yeah, I'm faintly hoping that a mod removes all the fluff because having to hammer start for everything gets annoying fast.

I think DMC4 is sort of better overall. I don't think anything in 5 actually beat the cinematic setups that 4 did.

youtube.com/watch?v=kj4oj-bLML0

youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gSJe60g20

normally I don't really care for black or ethnic women in vidya games, and usually it ticks the diversity quota box. But Nico was such a good character that it barely crossed my mind. Proof of what a game without pandering looks like.

Because there's nothing wrong in picking apart flaws of games you otherwise like.

Bayonetta 2's hard mode is really a normal mode, with normal being easy and easy being mash buttons with your face and win mode. Actual hard modes in these games do things like remix the enemy compositions, which is something that you should only do on a new game+ sort of affair.

Now I could see an argument for adding a new difficulty for DMCV that's somewhere between DH and SoS, but you absolutely should not start on SoS mode.

Yeah I have to admit I liked 4 better as well. I'll take backtraking any day over those gray depressing locations of 5 and 4 actually had story, new setting, new characters which did things. 5 was a pure fanservice and felt more like an apology for DmC and rushed DMC4 than actually new game.

I think they should have just made DH harder. Initial difficulty was also one of my major complaints against bayonetta and DMC5 gets even easier all things considered.
Although one of my friends would bitch about DLC orbs because he somehow managed to run out of both golden ones and red ones back in Chapter 19.

lol what the fuck man. what has the world come to when the first thing you want to do after playing a great game is go "I WANT TO TALK ABOUT ALL THE SHIT I DONT LIKE"
face it, your op is a shitpost and you just want (Yous) . Do you think when I finished chrono trigger for the first time and heard all of those awesome battle themes the first thing I did was went on a forum and went "I HATE THAT THE ANIMATIONS TAKE SO LONG AND THAT THE GAME DOESNT TELL ME I CAN GET MAGUS IN MY PARTY" no. Instead I talked about how awesome it was with a close friend, and we both downloaded the OST and searched for other games that gave that same feel. That's why I rented Chrono Cross.

Attached: MORE POWER.gif (360x276, 2.42M)

>DMC is not forgiving with dodge and invulnerability
uh, do you mean the timing for "Just dodge" in terms of getting table hopper/style increase vs getting witch time? Or do you mean just "avoid attack in a tight spot"? Because for the latter, vanilla jump as i-frames. Fairly easy to use on almost anything.

Hey you, have this

Attached: 1552229891414.png (1281x790, 1.3M)

There are 2 kinds of good games. The ones that leave you speechless and the ones that make you want to nitpick them while playing them more. DMC5 warrants and in depth discussion because the series is both old (providing you with a lot of shit to compare it to) and extremely complex and technical.
You should fuck off to reddit and twitch if you want nothing but circle-jerk .

the characters are all fucking ugly not even design wise but artstyle-wise (if u can even call ugly realism an artstyle)

Cool picture, thanks senpai.

>fuck off to reddit
take your own advice you manlet. post your DMC collection irl or you are a zoomer plebbitor for life.

>This game feels a lot like Souls games
>I've just watched
>not-bait-heavy discussion

People have always talked about what they liked or disliked in sequels or games in general, especially when comparing it to previous games in the series or other games in the genre and how it did or did not meet their expectations in different respects. People like to discuss both its good and bad precisely because they are fans. It's not like you're only allowed sing praises or hate a game with all your might right after its release and one thread in between discussing the game's shortcomings isn't anything new.

DMC5 is not immune to this either you thinskinned cockmongler. I think Yea Forums may not really be up your alley.

Stick to Bayonetta shitter. DMC isn't for you.

Oh yeah? Well yore ugleh

Attached: Yore Crazeh.gif (480x270, 1.64M)

Imagine being this literally, unbridledly autistic.
>I LIKE THE THING SO THE THING IS IMMUNE TO ANY CRITISISM AT ALL EVER EVEN FROM MY OBJECTIVE SELF
You realize how dumb you sound. Right?

My biggest gripe is the way the plot turned into fanwank. Now it's mostly high-quality fanwank, but I was still disappointed to see V get written out of the story. Nico also didn't have any deeper role in the story (unlike Lady in DMC3).

The game also kind of runs out of steam content-wise after Dante gets Sin Devil Trigger. The game is still fun as fuck but it stops introducing new enemy types and the levels get a bit samey. One or two extra high-tier enemies could have gone a long way. Maybe a third type of angelo that has a lot more mobility.

The drop-off is nowhere NEAR as bad as DMC4's second half though, and it never hits the lows of 1/3. Overall the game is quite solid and consistent in quality. Even the setpiece Gilgamesh boss is better than gimmick bosses in previous games (the Savior, Gigapede, etc).

Attached: toy dante.jpg (1920x1080, 388K)

You haven't even played the games if you think that

The bayonnetta roll at any moment will make the game too easy though

I'd say that 3 is still the most solid game overall.
>story is at least somewhat coherent
>great Dante, Best Lady
>all core gameplay elements besides style switching are already present in the game
>actual level designs albeit with some annoying parts
>best rival fights
>great music

It's better than 1 in almost every way and lacks extreme flaws of 4 and 5.

3's extreme flaw is that half the enemies and bosses suck.

V doesn't really get written out, going back and watching those scenes knowing who he is adds a whole new depth to them in a way.
Vergil now that he has mellowed will probably start adopting more of his human V traits. This is perfectly ok if he merges power lust with dorky V.

I want Bayonetta to talk dirty to me.

>>all core gameplay elements besides style switching are already present in the game

That's a pretty big miss though.

Dante has it too with Trickster.

>Level design
I like it a lot. There's not much environment variety but despite being mostly linear the areas are really fun to explore, there's a lot of detail in the levels themselves and in the background (which is something most action games ignore), and the secrets are just hidden enough to be a challenge without being bullshit unfair.

>V
I honestly think that V is a fantastic innovation in this genre. He lacks all the instant feedback and visceral aspects of most action game characters, but still has depth and complexity. It's an entirely different feeling, far more cerebral than Dante or Nero. I get that not everyone's going to like him, and truthfully I'm not the biggest fan personally, but he presents an entirely new way to make these kind of games.

>music
I personally love all three of the main battle themes and most boss themes. I do think that Urizen's theme is overused, as are a couple other atmospheric tracks.

>dodging
That's what Trickster is for. Also you shouldn't be rolling when you're using RG, either block it or don't, there's no middle ground.

>Character designs
I hated Nero's design in 4 so maybe I'm not the best judge but I like his new design. The one thing I don't like is how he's still very blue, the EX colour gives him more of his own personality I think. Nico is great, I didn't like her at first but the accent and the attitude make it work. Trish has shit hair but otherwise she's fine.

I loved everything apart from when the last half of the game became walking around that mind numbingly boring hell landscape.

So many of those levels felt like they should have been half as long.

The only thing wrong about DMC5 is that its TOO GOOD BABYYY, CAPCOM IS BACK BABY HO HO HO HO

Worst thing in my opinion is addition of Trish and Lady in 5. They were already pointless fanservice in 4 that didn't serve any purpose in the main plot, but in 5 they get outright downgraded into mid-game damsels in distress that are even worse than Kyrie at the job since at least she was Nero's driving motivation back then. Lady in 3 was a great character since she was an integral participant in the main plot and developed together with Dante, whereas in later games she just appears because apparently she's now expected to be a recurring character for some reason.

I would've very much preferred addition of new characters instead, or focusing more screen time on the player character trio. Regarding V I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being brought back later on as his own person through some bullshit handwave. I mean Nero keeps V's book and considering that 5's story already runs entirely on fanservice it wouldn't be surprising to get him back if fans liked him enough.

Unironically this. What a time to be alive.

My only problem is with nero I have a hard time keeping his style ranking up. I just dont feel there is enough variety, I can slash shoot a couple times use a breaker. It's boring. Truly enjoy dante especially balrog.

The areas feel bland and samey compared to 3's

Uh...the only thing I can think of that bothers me is the fact that drive, and thus overdrive, isn't available with Rebellion anymore.

...That's it. Everything else was all I've ever hoped for.

>cons:
no kyrie booty
final fight doesn't have remixed music from 3
>pros:
everything else

Trish lives with Dante, and Lady is another demon hunter. Why wouldn't they be here when there's a big demon fucking up a whole city? And they have a few nice interactions with V and Nero.

Based and redpilled

Attached: 1548763025507.png (578x1196, 557K)

Great game, best in the series for me.

Don't care that story is just fanservice, DMC has always been anime as fuck, don't play it for the plot.

Levels do look samey, but its a helluva lot better than backtracking through the same areas like in 3 and 4.

Dante is amazing. All his devil arms are at fun, I enjoy the changeup to the gauntlet weapons. New game plus Nero is good too; I'll give V is lacking, he needs more combos or interchangeable summons

thread isn't titled "things I like and dislike" its "DMC HATE THREAD" its shitposting through and through low effort content.

Yeah, that's kind of my beef. They're just there because they're expected to be rather than adding anything to the story and they're both way out of their league to the point you start asking what's even the point. At the very least they should've gotten some highlights rather than spending their entire time getting their ass kicked and sitting in a van. If you're going to relegate them into that role they could've as well gotten the Kyrie / Patty treatment.

Did you even read anything other than the thread title, cocksucker?
Any of the actual posts in this thread? Do you really have that low of an attention span?

First post clearly states that it's not a hate thread. There's nothing wrong with dedicating it to things people don't like when there are at least 8 circlejerk threads on Yea Forums right now and as long as people are polite about it.

Yeah imagine not focusing entirely on the negatives of every single thing you goddamn zoomer manlet. I know your type. You came with or on the tailcoats of the 2007 crowd. along with all the phoneposters and social media plebs. You spend all your time reposting memes on discord channels and tuning in to watch your favorite streamer play and complain about the latest games so you can come here and shitpost about it and pretend you actually know what you're talking about. you are the cancer that killed Yea Forums and every discussion forum. You're the reason game creators try to mass appeal and water things down for casuals. You absolute cockgobbling faggot.

Attached: Patty gameplay.webm (602x502, 230K)

>Trish and Lady are window dressing
>barely any content, makes DMC 2 feel great in terms of longevity
>story kind of blows and Dante is an out-of-character asshole
>Nero is ugly as fuck now and no one seems to mind except me
>Kyrie doesn't even make a physical appearance, you just hear her voice. How in the fuck did this not get more backlash?
>Nico. She's in the game. And she exists within the DMC universe.
>Trish also kind of becomes a bit of a cunt, for whatever reason
>level design is homogenized as fuck. 80% of the game is spent traversing in this plant from hell, and all the hallways look the same, terrible. First three missions of the game are the only interesting ones.
>red orb monetization
>checkpoints don't refill your health, so retrying a boss from a checkpoint is completely pointless on the higher difficulty settings. And no, this doesn't make the game more challenging, it just wastes the player's time. Fuck off
>no unlockables of any kind except super modes from beating DMD, and you basically have to beat the game three times just to get some sort of reward that's propotional to all your effort and time spent.
>Kyrie doesn't actually appear, this one is so bad I am listing it twice
>A lot of plotholes (how did Dante transform from stabbing himself if he was stabbed by Nero in DMC 4 and nothing happened?)
>not enough character development around, except for maybe a shred of Nero's

Attached: 1543616345817.jpg (315x310, 29K)

Kek, imagine going FULL THROTTLE AUSTISM because a thread isn't praising a game, holy shit.
Take a prozac and go outside, get a job

Attached: 1528501660433.jpg (1000x1000, 433K)

So many zoomers can't differentiate between criticism and overt negativity. They're the same as game journalists, essentially. So many false dichotomies

@454112946
Now this is some bait!

Attached: 1413079571244.jpg (254x334, 45K)

20 dollars have been deposited into your Shill Account. Keep up the good fight Capcu-er--Capcompany!

>checkpoints don't refill your health
SCRUB DETECTED

This image retroactively got even better now that we know V's identity.

Attached: Vergil Reacts to Trish.webm (1280x720, 2.66M)

where's your DMC collection zoomer? oh that's right. you don't have one. you probably didn't even play the fucking game

Someone add the style meter to the webm.

It's not though. Aside from being a big 3 headed dog the gameplay in those two bosses are completely different.

>barely any content, makes DMC 2 feel great in terms of longevity
hey, let's not get too crazy about it tho, DMC2 is the shortest game in the series and nearly half of the stages are shared between campaigns.

Someone's opinions mixed with not understanding parts of the game make it bait. There are maybe 1 or 2 actual points, but the rest is shit posting bait.

forcing the player to restart an entire mission AFTER they beat all of it and are now at the boss fight does not constitute a handicap or something a casual would need. Stop acting like a video game badass, you're going to die alone in your room after fapping for 42 times in a row anyway.

Stop condoning the waste of player's time.

> (how did Dante transform from stabbing himself if he was stabbed by Nero in DMC 4 and nothing happened?)
Are you so fucking stupid that you missed the fact that absorbing Rebellion AND Sparda was how he transformed? And that you have to be willing to transform, like how Vergil wanted to split himself in two as opposed to someone just randomly stabbing Dante?
Griffon even flat-out says it in the cutscene.

I like the game a lot but Vergil fights are poorly designed bosses. You can only attack during a time where the game lets you, otherwise Vergil teleports everywhere and you literally cannot touch him, it's boring

>people ITT actually discuss the game itself whereas shitposters who consider them "true fans" have to resort to empty ad hominems
Really makes you think.

Okay faglord, that's nice, but those are just conclusions you pulled from your ass. Just waving your hand and saying they're shit and that the post is bait does not alter reality or the fact that you have no argument. Facts don't care about your feelings.

>I can't refute any of the points without exposing myself as a troll, quick, what the Yea Forums meme word of the day? ZOOMER ZOOMER ZOOMER ZOOMER
>Ha! Showed him!
have one last (you)

I missed this, so hopefully it was explained. If come across it in another playthrough I'll stand corrected.

Well yeah, otherwise you could just combo him to death. That's the price of a boss who has actual hitstun, you can't just rush in and attack at will.
And there are a lot of places where you can attack him, if you're ballsy enough/have the right read

boss fight in DMC 3 was better designed though. Didnj't feel like you were constantly on the defensive.

I know that, but surely there's a better option than just having him teleport away constantly

this, in that same cutscene he explains how Vergil stabbed Rebellion into him. at the time it made him transform into regular DT for the first time.

The fact is that the list is bait and they are complaining about things explained in the game, have untrue things on the list and almost all of it is opinion. Sorry you didn't play the game so you can't even tell me which one is which, anyone who did play doesn't need it spelled out.

I don't know you couldn't notice it the first time unless you literally zoned out during the cutscene.
Both Dante AND Griffon spell it out.
youtube.com/watch?v=pF77zLM3Zd4

Or you could get better at the video game. DMC5 is generous with green orbs, particularly before a boss fight.

The whole purpose of mooks in a beat 'em up or similar action game is to weaken the player by the time they get to the boss. Go play some other games.

I played the original DMC and DMC4 when they came out. Do I need to play DMC2, DMC3, and the DMC prequel to understand the story?

I already admitted I'm probably wrong about the plotholes thing. Move on buttercup.

What's there to refute? you made a shitpost thread. you're shitposting in that thread, and now everyone knows you're just doing it for attention and (Yous) and that you haven't actually played the game yourself. now you can circlejerk about your favorite streamer's criticisms by yourself.

It was better designed but not for the reasons you're saying. You don't have to challenge Vergil while he's in DT because the regen is so slow, his jet move is predictable and free damage, and most of his strong moves are easy to evade. Helm breaker/judgement cut spam were much scarier
So the problem isn't that you're forced on the defensive, the problem is that you can actually play defensive and lame him out.
Sure, he should arbitrarily break out of your combos with an attack, which you can then dodge/RG and loop him to death. Much better

>the point of mooks in a beat em up
Okay, this was probably true for 80's arcade games but are we seriously saying games can't give some kind of bypass to skip the restarting headache? How is this such a bad thing? You can still grow your e peen by challenging yourself to not die once, just let other players save time because not all of us have something to prove.

3 yes, 2 not really.
3 is the only prequel. If you mean DmC that's not canon.

If you think that fighting enemies is a headache then this kind of game isn't for you.

You’re complaining that Dante got to fight vergil too.. just fuck off dude

also I haven't beaten Vergil on SoS, so that may change on harder difficulties.

I'm not the OP you absolute, battery acid sucking inbred autistic newfag nigger, learn to properly the fucking comment chains you reply to. Holy shit.

So play a higher difficulty you colossal faggot

That attitude is not one suited for this or any skill based game

The Red Grave city sections are at the very least visually distinct, the fucking Qliphoth sections are boring and are copy pasted assets on overdrive
Wish they did more with the idea of the Qliphoth being built from Virgil's memories and nightmares

Attached: Di_ue8kXsAAv52C.jpg (1200x1070, 114K)

DMC3 at the very least. It's a great game in its own right and arguably has the best story campaign in the series as well, so you'd be doing yourself a great disservice by not playing it. Apart from Dante not having style switching on the fly it's not even dated compared to 4 in any way, in fact it's better in some way due to Dante having more unlockable weapons, even if he is limited to 2 firearms and 2 devil arms each at a time.

Also DmC is not canon. It's an outsourced reboot that also conflicts with established lore.

Attached: latest[1].png (2616x3073, 3.11M)

>HAHA DUDE DANTE AND VERGIL GOTTA FIGHT BRO IT'S NOT LIKE WE'VE DONE THIS IN 3 SEPARATE GAMES ALREADY HAHA
You can fuck off, first.
And I wasn't complaining about the fact Dante fights him, I was complaining that you have back-to-back fights. It's redundant. Vergil vs. Nero would've been enough since it's, you know, Nero's game primarily.

in the game's compendium (idk if it's in morrison's letters or in the devil arms' profile) it's mentioned how all 3 swords rebellion, yamato and sparda contain Sparda's power.
so in order to go beyond regular DT, Dante had to absorb not only rebellion but sparda too. meanwhile, Vergil got Sin DT by eating the fruit, considering how he didn't absorb yamato as he still uses it normally, while Dante's swords are canonically gone and replaced by DS Dante.

Does max act only work if you have maxed out exceed? Was trying it in the void and it was only maxing out one bar which I can already do without it.

No one liked the constant backtracking and lame ass puzzles in the last game desu. I’m happy it’s more streamlined with optional paths

I'm a bit late to the party, only just finished the game.
I did like 2-3 missions per day or so.

Absolutely agree with V being boring to play as, and when I finally got Dante I realized that Nero wasn't as much fun as well. Still way better than V though.
I'd much prefer having only one playable character getting new stuff throughout the game.

The level design in the later missions took away my motivation to explore them for secrets.

That's why 3SE will always be my favorite. Then probably 4 then this.

You should play 3, it's a decent game and makes 5 feel even better when you see the evolution

>I’ll take backtracking anyday
Kill yourself

Spotted the hopeful e sports celebs who want to drown in pussy after they eventually "make it big."

>attitude
>it's not for you
Jesus christ my sides have been split in two from all the cringe. We're not in a dojo and you're not a 10th dan in the exquisite art of Martial Artsâ„¢

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1290x720, 136K)

Can someone translate this for me

How much did that @ irritate you sweatie? Maybe you should admit that at least half of your complaints are opinions presented as facts?

I think it's time to accept that DMC1 is the only good DMC game.

Things I want
>Kalinna Ann to use its fucking harpoon/knife like in dmc3 and 4
>alt fucking costumes not this half assed color shit they only 3D scanned the first costumes in re2 so they can do the same here
>add phantom to v’s moveset he is in the manga why is he not here

>and the DMC prequel
it's not a prequel, it's a reboot that has fuck all to do with the regular DMC 1-5 games in terms of story

5 shits all over the rest of the series

I feel good knowing I'll never understand you, or people like you. I did not notice a thing you just bitched about, because unlike you I'm not a total shitter.

>DMC
>e-sports
ok kid
again: if you don't think that fighting enemies (read: playing the game) is fun, if you just want to be able to beat the boss without needing to get better at the game, and if you think that valuing skill in a game is for cringelords, THEN THIS IS NOT THE GAME FOR YOU. I'm not sure why you chose to play it but you should go back to whatever you normally like.

Dumbass

Yeah except or that part where Dante in 3 transforms from being stabbed against his will.

I'm accusing them of being pretentious, holier than though video game "badasses" due to their syntax and vernacular. Maybe if you can't keep up with my posts, then posting on Yea Forums just isn't for you?
>sweatie
>you haven't truly beaten DMC if you haven't gone through DMD 100 times blindfolded with one hand behind your back, git gud casual

>OLD GAYEM GUD NEU GAYEM BAHD

The timing for max act is tighter than a normal rev. That said if you only have the capacity upgrade for one level of exceed its only gonna give you one, idiot.

It's okay, not all of us can be in the triple digits of IQ. Maybe if reading is too hard you should git gud at retaking the third grade?

I legit don't understand, do you think improving in games is bad?

That was just what awakened his normal Devil Trigger. Not Majin. Can you at least try to act like you know what your talking about before replying? Thanks a bunch.

>I've just watched Maximillian's the way people dick-ride it as if it's doing absolutely nothing wrong feels just weird.
>File: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (46 KB, 500x626)
SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT YOU ARE COMPLaiNING ABOUT A GAME YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED??????????????????

Attached: 1551480634730s.jpg (250x182, 5K)

I fucking love this game but here's my issues with this game
Enemies no longer leave you alone if they're off camera. This has been a rule of these games since DMC1 but for some reason I'm getting fucked from off screen in this game
Those fucking cage things in some missions that just randomly grow trapping you and enemies and fucking up the flow of the combat
That one Nero mission with all the fucking spikes. It felt like 3 little minigames thrown into the game for some reason. If I didn't know better I'd say Kamiya was involved
Nero getting his DT because...
So many of the hidden areas that you find don't have anything meaninful to find. I can find 5 hidden passages or alternate paths and 4 of them will just be red orbs with the fifth being a secret mission
The story felt unfocused especially in the later half
So just don't fucking use them. You can't complain about gold orbs removing tension when you're 100% at fault for using them
Also they've been around since 3SE so it's not even an issue with 5

>kid
Nigger, I've been playing DMC since the first game. I was controlling Dante before your zoomer ass was even a twinkle in your effeminate, soiy-boy Father's eyes. If a player has beaten the majority of the mission and has reached the boss, there is no fucking reason to not refill his health at the beginning of the boss on a retry. If you think making the player go through the entire mission just because he has to treat the game like a serious test of skill because video games are "super serious business, only meant for "true gamers" hurr durr, then you are a deluded shit stain.

>wasting the player's time=/=more challenge

>phantom
what? show a picture

>Level design being very lame and repetitive both gameplay and visuals-wise
Putting a meme complaint as your first one kinda makes me not want to take anything else you say seriously. Sorry but try harder next time.

I watched maximillian's his review, nigger. Do you really fucking think I would be able to judge bland level designs or V playing like garbage after watching that drooling retard gigglesquee throughout whole game?

>frogposter
No fucking wonder.

You can avoid the cages by avoiding the special bit of ground they spawn on

So why do you play DMC games if you think that playing the game is a massive waste of time?

So, I enjoyed 4 and 1, loved 3, I don't care about the story that much. How is the level design and gameplay? I want to buy it someday, but I'm not sure if it should be earlier or later.

Attached: 1532131505552.jpg (208x236, 16K)

Considering he hasn't even played the game none of his complaints hold water

>Watching him play the game and forming my own opinion is bad
>Watching his review and just taking his opinion as my own is good
Are you fucking retarded?

I really wish V was fleshed out more in the gameplay department. He doesn't get very many actual combo tools, you basically just fill the screen with AoE shit. Griffon's flank attack and some of Shadow's moves work for actually comboing things, but nightmare is just a big blob of AoE.

I have no clue what the enemy step is for since V can't combo anything on his own.

I also agree the level design was blah. Especially everything after M13. It's all samey and almost no story stuff happens for like 4 entire chapters. Malphas, who has been brain fucking V with illusion demons and organizing the other demons into finding Sparda, just kind of gets killed after standing around deep in the Qliphoth. So there's not even fun story stuff to contextualize the bland levels.

The ending also feels rushed. M17, M19, M20 are all just boss fights. And it all feels like the end of a story's second act. An old character returns and a protagonist has a major revelation that changes things for him. Then they just kind of get over it in the span of two cutscenes with barely any communication between any of the characters. I still don't get why Vergil, after V felt regret and guilt for everything he had done as Vergil, just goes to the top of the tree to await Dante instead of taking care of the Qliphoth. They wanted their big Vergil fight, no matter how little sense it made in the story.

Level design and gameplay are best in the series by a gigantic margin

This is genuinely the most baity of baits that has ever baited. Nero has:
Air Hike.
Triple jump in second+ runs.
Gerbera.
Air taunt.
LockOn+Forward+Attack in the air has armour properties.
Genuinely what are you on about?

They still cage enemies and sometimes you can't avoid it because you have to chase enemies

You really make me feel glad I can enjoy games the way I do. Like imagine tying yourself in knots trying to justify why you're so fucking bad

Level design is more linear with no real puzzles, but there are still branching paths and hidden areas with more stuff. They like to hide more orbs behind things, it's fun picking them out

>10 years+ of muscle memory
>DSD comes in and fucks SM over
I love when games remove depth :3
Thank god i can still use rebellion

I don't normally respond to loaded questions but seeing as how you're already keen to strawman out the ass, I'll humor you.

DMC is not a lifelong skill. It is not a profession, nor a trade, nor a vocation that one needs to constantly exceed at for some better purpose in life. It is a video game product sold and bought so that people can have fun while going through challenges.

You think I'm a casual for not wanting to restart an entire mission because I need to follow some Yea Forums-ordained rule of going through the entire thing without dying once, even if I lose to the boss? Here's the thing though, I don't give a shit about proving how "improved" I am at a video game. I never did. I just don't enjoy having my time wasted, especially because I'm not 15 years and don't still have all the disposable time you think I apparently have.

You brought up arcades as a reason for games being like this now. But arcades were specifically designed around siphoning more and more nickels out of player's wallets. It is not a valid comparison to make for contemporary games on consoles and/or PC. Now fuck off

Attached: 1355450441076.jpg (406x364, 118K)

Why would anyone watch him play he got into dmc AFTER DMC5 WAS ANNOUNCED he only played 3 and 4

How am I taking his opinion as my own when he praised the shit out of the game? Literally did not list a single flaw with it.

>Removing depth
>When DSD has it's own all new SM moveset to learn and get used to
>Not to mention it's own new moves

>That spacing
>Asking someone what the fuck they're on about is bad
>Improving at games is bad
Ah I see where you came from, head back there

The worst part is how Vergil fight is litereally a remake of DmC fight. He even uses doppelganger for whatever reason. Why? He never had it before DmC.
Another complain is how some arenas are too fucking huge. That final fight looks comical because there's just two tiny people fighting on that huge empty space. It also fucks with Dante's lack of mobility. Same fucking problem as in 4.

>I watched maximillian's his review, nigger. Do you really fucking think I would be able to judge bland level designs or V playing like garbage after watching that drooling retard gigglesquee throughout whole game?
You literally say right here that you formed your opinion on level design from what he said

How is the weird dmc co-op better than the souls summons?

A boss is usually the last part of a level to overcome. It's part of the level's challenge. You get through the level, making few mistakes, so that you have enough resources for the boss.

You bitching about it endlessly doesn't mean anything or change this design principle.

Hmmm sure bubby. Having another projectile button is depth

The majority of the things I dislike about the game are story-based, particularly the setting. Both Redgrave city and the Qliphoth have a lot of potential, especially with Redgrave being where Sparda and Eva settled down, but they do very little with it compared to the amount of character Mallet and the Temen-ni-gru and Fortuna had. There was a complete lack of personality in the bosses, Goliath was great, Artemis had nothing, Nidhogg was okay, Cavaliere (fought twice) had nothing, The enemy side lacking a proper secondary villain (like Arkham or Agnus) was gay, showing Nero's DT after Dante and Vergil fight rather than seeing him get it himself was dumb, the whole new job from Morrison thing with Lady and Trish felt dumb because they did literally nothing the entire game (just one cutscene where they actually kill shit, Lady had one in 3, Gloria got one in 4, that's all it takes). I suppose the bosses while great individually are lacking overall, ignoring the mob and mirage fights there's only 10 and one of them you fight five fucking times and another twice in a row. I suppose it's better than including shit like Gigapede and Arkham, but it's still a downer.

PC version crashes with frame rates above 60fps and reshade

>no real puzzles
Well, that's a no from me. Thanks for answering my question though.

Attached: vegeta.gif (540x304, 2.15M)

>Level design
Better unless you're the kind of autist who liked the shitty RE-style backtracking puzzles and retarded fixed camera jumping.
>gameplay
Best it's ever been, except for the V levels, arguably, and you get relatively little time with Dante. But BP will fix that problem soon.

>wait a minute that spacing...

If you think it's just a projectile button then you're actually retarded

After finishing the game when you go view the main menu Nero and Vergil are just casually chilling together in the menu screen.
That's where the communication happens.

I get people not liking V because he's easy, but not liking him because you get your ass kicked, how exactly?

DMC5 is LITERALLY a perfect 10/10 game with ZERO (0) flaws.
If you disagree you're:

Barry
Trolling
Zoomer
DmCfag
Game Journo
Need to git gud

bayonettashits seething lmfao

I said that I would not be able to fucking do it because his stream is just him fakehyping through all of his first walkthrough. If anything I would be defending the game now if it was all of my exposure to it.

My arm grew back because I love mai waifu XD XD so randumb

This is literally Gohan Blanco tier dumb powerlevel bullshit. I also hated Sin DT because it plays like absolute trash and feels like Kamiya flying section

I love how they knew he was boring so they gave him optional missions.

>Kyrie doesn't actually appear, this one is so bad I am listing it twice

people liked kyrie? frankly i was disappointed she's not dead. i imagine the only reason she's alive is it would be tough to justify nero's cocky attitude if kyrie had died a month prior

Can you reset Griffon's glide with enemy step? That feels like it should be exploitable. Maybe it won't be practical, but it would be stylish as fuck to glide to an airborne enemy, JC off of it into another glide, then have Shadow launch another enemy for another JC.

A boss should be a challenge in and of itself. It's why games like Resident Evil 1 (the original, back in 1998) gave you herbs before boss rooms. Do you have any fucking concept of game balance?

>if you die at any point in the game your save gets erased, you are banned from loading up a new save for 3 hours, and you lose any items you collected on the way
"Guys, just git gud, it's supposed to be this way."

Almost agree, there could be some better menu QoL and BP, but otherwise yes
Stop fucking trying to pit Bayochads and DMChads against each other. The genre is already tiny and basically involves the same people everywhere

This fan base truly has gone to shit... Fucking hell we only had to deal with the occasional reboot retard and now we have to deal with the "DMC5 is perfection" fags. Truly the worst timeline.
Well it's not like they can argue or anything, they just ad hominem at you.

It's always been dumb powerlvl shit

You can.

Wait a minute....that spacing...

I don't actually find him boring, just easy. He's still fun to play as, love standing there taunting the whole battle while my cat and bird fuck everything up.

>I also hated Sin DT because it plays like absolute trash and feels like Kamiya flying section
This, barely even used it. I wish they just powered up his actual DT instead.

So why did you bring him up if he has nothing to do with your opinion? You're not making any sense user

Sin DT was a mistake! Give Rebellion and Sparda Back!

Its like dark souls.
Everything you say can be counters with git gud

fuck off Barry

You can have those two weapons back after you beat the game. Lets you choose which sword of the three you wanna use.

Because I saw Yea Forums shitting itself over the game acting like it is literally perfect and then I saw his review parroting this blind hype and literally refusing to name a single fucking flaw and it motivated me to make this thread.

You mean like how DMC5 gave you green orb drops before every boss?

>so autistic and new you don't get sweatie
>spurg out uncontrollably
Take your meds and get off the internet dude.

Attached: coffeespins.webm (480x360, 2.32M)

Fuck off barry

That is not the problem, they are gone storywise. We won't see them again.

ive been playing for the past hour or so only just done the first boss. one thing ive realised is that the combat feels super clunky i expected it to feel like god of war considering it's a hack and slash but it just feels a bit dodgy.

christ, I can't believe there are people like you on Yea Forums

L2+triangle L2+square were a lot better than his actual DT. I didn't get the nightmare thing.

what it feels clunky it's not great for hack and slash standards

Yeah it felt forced but dammit if his DT doesn't look cool I don't know what does

This is bait

>refusing to name
whoa there user, calm down
he did mention how V felt weird and how the game dragged on halfway in, he just said that 5 is better than the other 4 games that’s all

>implying Vergil won't just split them back with Yamato

fuck off im not baiting thats how it feels

It feels "clunky" because you actually have full control over everything and half the combat doesn't consist of canned animations

He literally called it the best fucking action game ever.

>He even uses doppelganger for whatever reason. Why

itsuno likes DmC, makes sense he'd take some things from it. i don't have a problem with the doppelganger, i think it works for vergil better than for dante. i don't really love that fight overall but the doppelganger is fine in theory

Nightmare is pretty good for dealing with groups and distracting bosses, but yeah, bird and cat powered up are significantly better.

nah it's the way the hits sword swings word they feel like they have no weight to them at all

First three difficulties are piss easy
80% of the game takes place inside a visually uninteresting tree interior
Custom music doesn't play, because it gets overwrittened by STORY music. I paid money for this battle music, let me fucking hear it.
Bosses nowhere near as good as previous entries, with Cavalier being the only exception.
Story was god awful. Vergil was an asspull and a half. Could have been redeemed if they played his OG theme remixed like they did the dmc1 crew

Bayonetta is better. It was still fun though, it just feels clunkier than it should.

he can’t, otherwise he would be nerfing Dante back to regular DT and they’d need to plant another tree of might for Dante to compensate

work*

Retard

ONE OF
watch it again, faget

You’re a fucking retard

Not an argument.

This pretty much echoes my own thoughts to t outside of the music. It feels like they tried to go TOO BIG by cramming every fucking thing from the past games into this one, and then ran out of the time after Vergil merged to do anything more. It ends up being more of a fan service game than something brand new, but that ya understandable considering they're retreading the same beats as 3, and were actively trying to make amends for DmC. Still amazed by the game, but it's one of those games that are so good you can see how much easier if could have been even better.

Attached: 1552206682327.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

They did extremely poor job on controls in general. One thing I hoped for them to improve and they completely fucked it up. They should've fuse all the styles into one universal control scheme somehow. But they didn't even make current control scheme sensical in any way.

Your feelings have no value in face of reallity.

it's not feelings as in emotion it's feeling as in the way the game plays you plebian

The bike is fucking gay. It's just slow and boring as fuck.
The hat is super lame too moves-wise.

My problem with V (and Nero) is that they both have much less options in battle than Dante.

Why not just give Dante the red queen and V's pets and let the player choose if they want to use them or not.

An easy way to do so would be pause combo with directional inputs. But it would make execution more difficult.

Holy shit taste

>Aesthetically game looks boring and uninspired
>Lady and Trish is pure fanservice
>Nico VA
>Music is really bad, except couple boss fight themes (Goliath, Cavaliere Angelo). I want orchestral DMC3 music back
>Plot is awful, especially in 3rd act of the game
>Urizen and V wasted because of awful twist

Love everything else

Attached: 12141251.png (393x276, 72K)

The word you are looking for is feedback retard. Your fucking feelings are not what how the game show enemy reaction to being hit which are facts.

DMC is literally Sonic Mania, way too concerned over lore references, memes and shit to appease longtime fans rather than make new stuff, thus the game ends up being more of a celebration of all the fans love instead of being a proper sequel.
curiously, DMC4 also worked like Sonic Unleashed. new characters, story and gameplay, but half of the game was shit

nah you're just being pedantic

DMC5, I mean

>ZERO (0) flaws.
>Microtransactions for Rorbs/ Borbs
>Story music trumps custom music.
>Cant use every character on every stage

Look i love this game but it does have flaws.

Not sure all the fans loved Nero.

Bike was just a poor attempt to copy Bayonetta.

This shit thread deserves to be absolutely bombed

Attached: 1544593966471.jpg (749x854, 78K)

I've only just got to dante and he actually feels a little limited, at least for now. Rebellion sucks in comparison to the murder gloves and I found myself mostly sticking to trickster style since enemies just weren't aggressive enough to use royal guard efficiently, at least on devil hunter. I guess coming off of nero with his get out of jail free hand and V letting the minions do all the work Dante actually makes me have to play properly.

>>Difficulty is pretty jumpy on first DH playthrough: most of the game is easy until mission 19 which is a big difficulty spike in comparison, followed by piss easy mission 20

Agree with you there - I found the Cerberus fight to be quite big difficulty spike alongside the following boss fight with Vergil in Chapter 19. Then all of a sudden it became ridiculously easy as Nero in Chapter 20.

DLC costumes when?

Attached: 53196650_2305535136394511_1768553934902788096_n.jpg (583x960, 35K)

Bayonetta dowsn’t have a bike weapon though, she has playable bike segments but you only ride it normally

Words have specifics meanings. Do not ever get into law, it will traumatise you.

when 5SE lands
we need Gloria and crumbling hobo Vergil

muh dick

user why did you lead me out here? There is nothing here

Attached: 1378916853127.jpg (807x669, 260K)

I doubt it, they'd have to make two new movesets for them.

Attached: 1539816913616.jpg (500x405, 112K)

Holy shit!
DMC5 is literally Sonic Adventure 2.
>had all fucking characters for no reason otehr than to shove them in
>One of which is a brooding edgy teenager bait that sacrifices himself at the end
>three gameplay styles: good one, ok one and a shit one
>extremely overhyped at launch but is going to be remembered as a flawed game
>even shows time at the beginning of each chapter

Attached: wew.png (307x268, 166K)

When I got him I almost exclusively used Balrog.
Being able to switch weapons and styles on the fly is just amazing.
I wish Nero could get more than one weapon.

lol yes you are, deny it all you want but you know its true. I know it was you replying multiple times to the same comment too you dumb ape

The concept is "a weapon that allows you to gold button to extend it's damage" which is at Bayonetta's core.

based

yo wtf

Attached: Vergil-vergil-dmc-39903777-369-500.jpg (369x500, 31K)

Attached: At last I truly see.png (447x378, 11K)

aside from the obvious problems with the level design in the 2nd half of the game i still think devil trigger is the only good battle theme in the game

Why not just spend the red orbs for the amount of health you went in missing when you die? That is what I do if I am too shit to not beat the boss and even get to the boss with my health so low the healing orbs nearby can't take care of it.

You're onto something...

>anti-hero contemplating about a blonde woman who died trying to save his life before the final battle
>protagonist learns a new transformation and teams up with his rival to save the world

Attached: 1551545147397.jpg (620x456, 102K)

>but I really don't fucking enjoy playing him and a thought of having to go through his missions is just off-putting
This is how I've felt about Nero since 4 and it hasn't changed with 5.

Fuck crapcom shills, DMC V is shit

I will fuck you right here and now!

I would'nt call it shit but it sure looks like it.

you can easily just not buy them and earn everything in the game yourself

>cute girl next door type who uses a weapon that's too big for her
>sexy femme fatale type with dark/demonic fashion sense
>hero is blue and travels around with a mechanical genius who makes all kinds of neat devices for him to use

>if you kill your dad you're never going to recover from that
>Lady, 2019

>Nero's game primarily.
That's what Itsuno and Bingo were clearly going for, as confirmed in multiple interviews and promo materials featuring Nero as the most prominent/center-most character.

But it sure as fuck doesn't feel that way while actually playing aside from "this is the first and last character you play as, so he's the main." He's literally just along for the ride. The story does not explore any type of internal conflict, character growth, or emotional issues of Nero aside from 'muh right arm' (which was more of an impetus to make him relevant to the story) until literally mission 18 out of 20 when he finds out Vergil is his father. Then we proceed to play with Dante missions 18 - 19, only to see Nero's emotional Devil Trigger in a flashback at the beginning of mission 20. He was more of an MC in DMC4. Not that I'm complaining. I was really paranoid about him stealing spotlight from Dante and V.

Attached: 1550795007384.png (378x365, 141K)

In 4 his character development was just "KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEE", in 5 he has more complex motivations.

I fucking hate how if you start on Devil Hunter you don't get the human achievement for beating the game on Human.

Yeah I read that meta critic review too

>complex motivations

>Haha dude. Look at those two faggots fighting again.
Vergin is your dad!
>Nooo, stop fighting! *grows his hand back and becomes an angel*
>"Heh. I guess in the end I am the devil and I may cry, huh, Nico?"

Attached: 1550777727855.jpg (509x477, 19K)

I miss distortion impact. It was cheap, but felt incredible to execute.

Why is this called anti DMC thread?
My criticisms are
>Level design feels bland in some regards, no puzzles that require any thought. DMC1 and DMC3 puzzles weren't hard but they were there and made some stuff memorable. Feels like you're on a treasure hunt which fit a Devil Hunter's aesthetic
>Melee enemies feel weak to the aerial mobility of the game. Whether I want to give them ranged attacks is up for debate since they can get really annoying on DMD. Enemy DT needs a rebalance if they decide to give meleee enemies ranged attacks on higher difficulty
>Lock on switching while moving. This was a problem in 4 and I have no idea why it's not in 5 when it worked in 3.
>Dialogue was really good until the end part where Dante felt a bit too like DMC4 Dante when acknowledgement of Vergil's faults was necessary. Made Dante feel less on a hero. His characterization in 4 was flawed in this regard, especially when 1 and 3 handled it well.
>Swearing. This feels tacked on and it didn't feel right to have this much, even if it's just little, in a DMC game. Griffon screaming "Flock Yeah" instead of "Fuck Yeah" would've been funnier and Nero screaming "Rock You" over "Fuck You" is a better fit and a bigger middle finger to DmC.
>Some of the music are good but some really suffer like Cerberus' music and Vergil's final music.
>I don't prefer photorealistic models but I can accept it. I want Capcom to make their own models to see if this engine is actually good and not just a meme.
Pretty good 8.5/10 game.

You forgot
>NOOOOOOOOOO DONT CALL ME DEAD WEIGHT AAAAAAAAA
*trips over breaker*
KYRIEEE HELP MEEEE

>complex motivations.
>"Muh right arm"
>"muh pride"
>"complex"
Are you fucking kidding me? He didn't get anything vaguely complex until mission 18, and even then - the conclusion was rushed to hell and back.

Attached: Oa9C8XI.png (200x271, 68K)

Retard. Probably bait.

>no Kyrie's phat ass in glorious RE engine

Jews have made everyone think they're critics and instead of enjoying anything, they're watching/playing/reading actively looking for flaws to complain about. A new era, create nothing, complain about everything.

Honestly I don't think it is, there are genuinely autistic people on this board. No one's that dedicated to bait.

user you made my DMC wait great.I love you.

Attached: 1533799114626.png (700x700, 537K)

> IF YOU DON'T SHILL FOR THIS COMMERCIAL PRODUCT THEN UR A JOOS!!!!!!
Next you are going to tell me that capcom is made of saints.

>Jews are why people are criticizing a game I like
Really?

Capcom was garbage for years, but the complaints leveled at this game are almost always purely "my opinion is better", like about Nero, about the music (people unironically like the only song that is pure garbage and hate everything else, which would be Dante's theme), and claiming the DMC3 had better level design. Also, everyone is critiquing the difficulty, yet the achievement ratios show how few people are actually even getting S ranks, so unless every single good player is concentrated on Yea Forums, which is an obvious joke, there are people parroting others they look up to. Mechanics matter, that's fucking it at the end of the day. If you're trying to rate a DMC game via its story, you're braindead, and this game has given us more tools than any past DMC game period.
>but nero said fuck
Yeah, he said it in 4 too. Rekt, leave my board.

Shit I died like 7 times while Fighting Vergil

Attached: vergil why.jpg (339x419, 11K)

>Stop criticizing my game :(

Loading screens can get retarded at times

>load into pre mission menu
>go to customization
>loading
>exit customization
>another loading screen

>things that are actually wrong with the game

>I don't enjoy...
>it feels...
>my biggest pet peeves...
>for me...
>I came into the game thinking...
>I ended up disliking them...

Go fuck yourself, you narcissistic fuck.

Attached: 1476206749491.jpg (300x365, 20K)

If we had an autoskip cutscene option, it'd be fine, but nope. I'll write that in my xanga like the rest of the faggots with important opinions.

What did he mean by this?

This game makes me wish Bayonetta 3 was out

Post disregarded

"Hey V who are you?"
"I am going to tell you who I am... I am Ve-"
*ONE MONTH AGO*
"Dante, who exactly is Urizen?"
"Well, he is Ve-..."
*2 Weeks later*
"Nero, you kind of look like my brother... Ve-"
*19 years ago*
"OH YES, TAKE IT SLUT, OH FUCK YEAH NOW IM MOTIVATED. TAKE ALL OF MY POWER INSIDE OF YOUR PU-"
*19 years later*
"Dante! I am not dead weight! I will kill that fucker, he stole my arm I am going to fucking murder him!"
"He is your father!"
"DAMN IT DANTE DONT FIGHT AGAINST HIM! STOP FIGHTING AAAAAA KYRIE!"

Attached: Dante+is+a+boomer_1a393e_6680671.png (1200x661, 539K)

Bayonetta 3 really only needs to stay as good as 2 while implementing some sort of style switching to shit all over 5 in every way possible.

why is her voice so disgusting
why is her design so fucking atrocious
why is she such a shit character

I don't think that's true but I do find Bayonetta a lot more fun and will replay them after wrapping up DMC5.

Based

Nice head canon. Now explain to me how shill for a product you paid for magically snips your penis.

Her voice is hot. I don't like the tats but she's still got a great body. Her character is perfect and exactly what DMC needed, it's well past time we had a human character besides Lady who can do cool shit.

What else besides style switching does DMC5 have over B2 in your opinion?

GIVE ME PLAYABLE TRISH ITSUNO

Attached: Trish (12).jpg (1280x720, 644K)

>Her voice is hot
if you're fucking deaf maybe

kill yourself

Gonna be a yikes from me

Now do V opening his book and seeing U R A FAGET

ouch

>ONE boss is a heavily overhauled version of a DMC3 boss.
>Hur dur DMC recycles bosses guys, trust me.

2 isn't even as good as 1

>Complaining about a Dante vs Vergil fight
Did you even play the rest of this series?

Why do you think so?

1 is only better as far as it's ending goes. But that is not to say that 2's ending is actually bad, it's just that 1's ending is the kind of TTGL shit you can not replicate. Outside of that 2 is a perfect sequel that fixed everything that was wrong with 1.

The game feels very incomplete.
The stages seemed rushed, particularly at the end with misisons 13-20
The plot is frankly a mess with very little set up, then mission 12 rolls along, and then very little happens until the last stretch of the game. It feels like a lot was cut out or they were going for a different plot half way through development but realized they wouldn't be able to do it.

nah, sure she’s /fit/ but there are no t&a worth saving there
I only got a bit horny due to her personality, like when she let out that OMG when Nero complimented her, or getting all giddy when she first met Dante. but I’d take Kyrie’s fat ass over her any day, no matter how many times she keeps showing her sexy belly and those gun tats inviting you to shoot inside

Reminder this game was in development for like 5 years.

How did they end up making such a shitty game considering?

Did they actually work on it for fiveyears or was there some devlopment limbo gaps?

>Complains about gold orbs as a flaw in dmc5
>they've been in the series since 3se
>just don't use them
You're actually retarded aren't you.

Umbran Climax is way overpowered, otherwise it's great. My favorite change in bayo 2 is that they moved special weapons to pistols.

Looking at the credits it looks like it was ongoing development. I wonder how long it will take Yea Forums to realize how sad this was. They didn't even manage to get BP and Vergil playable in time for the launch, what the fuck were they doing?

honestly, it feels like all city segments are filler.
all development happens while you’re climbing the tree.
the game doesn’t justify having you wandering all over the city for 2/3 of the game just to rescue the girls and visiting Eva’s house. going anywhere else for the purpose of destroying qliphoth roots is a bullshit filler.

TIME TO CHOOSE

strawpoll.me/17590802

Sorry you can't keep up anymore, gramps. Maybe it's time to hang up the hat.

For me it's Ninja Gaiden 2 > bayo1/2 > DMC5

The characters are ugly neve buying from crapcom again i son't want to see ugly western designs in my japanese games.

it seems that working RE Engine to outclass MT Framework proved to be a far more challenging task than they expected

Refining the re engine aesthetic maybe? rewriting the story multiple time to fit them?
It really depend how big the dev team, how it grew or shrunk during those 5 years. Can't achieve much in a short periode of time with few working men.

I love both. I acknowledge that at higher levels 2 falters a bit, I still love it all the same. It's in my Top 10 games of all time, along with DMC3.

Interesting. I've only played one Ninja Gaiden game, the Wii U one and it was pretty fun. But anyway I typically go DMC3 > Bayo 1/2 > DMC5. All are fucking stellar though.

MT Framework has nothing to do with the game's development time, it's developed by their tech team for multiple titles Several of which came out before DMC5.

Unless it had a really really low budget somehow, I can't imagine justifying the end product in terms of quality. Given its long development phase.

Think about it.

It's too bad Ninja Gaiden 2 is not available on more platforms.
youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ5vXH5yb4

What are you smoking m8?, I want some.

The actual comparison is as far-fetched as to say Minecraft is like Souls because it too is endlessly replayable but flawed. In fact it is even more like souls than DMC because it has a lot of exploration.

of course it has nothing to do with DMC5 you dingus, they replaced it for RE Engine, that’s the point

The longer the time the higher the cost, at least when it comes to vidya. Beside quality doesn't necessarily come with time or money. Maybe the dev were just a bunch of hacks?

4 was never considered the best apart from those that started the series 4. Most of them quickly switched to 3 when they actually played it.

Sorry I meant to say RE engine there.

Yes I think they were. When you look at it objectively there's no excuse for DMC5 taking 5~ years.

I'm just glad I can skip all the cutscenes, this game has way too many

Attached: weww.webm (852x480, 2.12M)

>quality doesn’t necessarily come with time or money
nor do they come with the lack thereof

Of course he didn't, he said in the OP (presuming it's him) that he watched a stream of it.

the bit where dante mocks him by revving the rebellion always makes me kek

That is entirely dependent on the project's scale, one guy working on something small with no budget as a hobby for years can come out pretty damn good, a fruit of his passion. Then again it implies talent and motivation.

>what has the world come to when the first thing you want to do after playing a great game is go "I WANT TO TALK ABOUT ALL THE SHIT I DONT LIKE

YEAH GAMES ARE PERFECT UNTIL WE WAIT A COUPLE OF MONTHS ONLY THEN WE CAN CRITICIZE ANYTHING ABOUT THEM DAMN IT

They made Trish and Lady uglier and I dislike them for it.

> can't read

user, he literally did not say anything of the sort. Fuck's sake, this is why you're a disappointment to your parents.

> laments that Trish and Lady weren't more developed as characters
> brings up fucking Kyrie

retard.

The game really should've given Nero's Devil Bringer and DT earlier in the first playthrough. First Devil Breakers act as an improved replacement to Bringer, but then the game decides to give both the former and also all the stuff from 4 which opens up Nero even further. So fucking fun.

This is your wingman for tonight. Say something nice about her.

Attached: 1552215376118.jpg (835x1200, 112K)

>they've been in the series since 3se
No they haven't. In 3, they let you start from a checkpoint when you died, rather than start the mission from the beginning. Nothing like 5 where you can go back to full health in the middle of a boss fight, which is ridiculous

I think giving you the arm back at the very end was a good decision: it gives players more reason to replay the game on Hard.

Ugly tatoo trash.

They are letting casuals play the game in a casual manner. I don't see the problem here, just don't use them.

NICO I NEED FREE ARMS I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY JUST FUCKING GIVE THEM TO ME

I can agree, but I'm bothered it sort of forces mission 20 to be a glorified tutorial for DT and Devil Bringer. I guess mission 19's supposed to be "real" final boss as far as difficulty goes, but I kind of wish Nero also had his proper final challenge to overcome (in gameplay) considering he's supposed to be the main protagonist.

>when you breeze through the game but still feel like you're trash because you're not S-ranking every fight

is that normal?

Nero, V and Dante should have been separate campaigns with V being a shorter unlockable bonus campaign. I think the pacing just feels off because some missions are like 2 fights + boss fight and then you switch to the next character before even really warming up to the one you just played.

yes

also remember that there's no SS rank in the game so don't beat yourself up too much for mostly getting A's and a couple of S's here and there

The game sucks ass, but you're bad too.

he said MORE complex, not complex

I'm not gonna argue that the game is perfect or even bother to defend it at all, but why is it that most shitstains who come here to make long-ass posts about why a given game sucks are always parroting the opinions of some literally who e-celeb faggot?

Yeah, I immediately changed V's battle theme after one mission playing him.

Probably because they are discussing one and the same game.

Subhuman grew on me, I think it works well in the game.

Can you change battle themes between already existing ones in 5 if you don't have the deluxe edition DLC?

>not bait heavy
>implies that souls games invented replay ability
>the first DMC was replayable and is older than dark souls
>replay ability in general is literally as old as arcade games
This is a zoomer thread

The reason why it feels weird to see people dickride the game is because the sum value of a game is not just the tally of its flaws against his virtues. The game play is great. Its outstandingly great. Phenomenally great. It really cant' be understated. Thats what excels the game beyond its flaws. Its easy to make a game without flaws, its hard to make something that is excellent beyond them.
>spoiled by Bayo dodge
Sounds like your problem. I love when newfags throw the term "stiff" around as if it means anything. The dodging isn't stiff, your fingers just suck. Learn how to jump, learn how to trickster. You're not locked into using defense moves that aren't good for the situation.

>change all battle themes to Vergil-2
Fixed the game. I like Devil Trigger but the other two songs not so much

Is DOOM your favorite game? If so, you'll love the level design.

My only flaws with the game is that you don't unlock Nico, Trish, or Lady as style announcers. I wish you could even turn it off, it sucks.

To be fair, the default button layout sucks. You need to at least rebind shooting to a shoulder button to play efficiently.

Also, having to press 3 buttons at once to roll sideways does sound a bit stiff, especially to someone who's new to the series.

Still in the middle of my first playthrough.

>don't like how easy it is to score high ranks, died once and still got an A on a mission
>dislike the zoom-in slo-mo from DmC
>can't remap the taunt button
>can't disable the easy auto mid-game toggle button
>lots of the swearing feels very gratuitous
>don't know if it's a problem with the DLC or what, but getting access to new devil breakers in the stage pickups before the cutscene introduces them
>so many loading screens

I don't think so.

I instantly ignore any poster that complains about the swearing in DMC5. Grow up.

the real question is can we model swap like in REmake2? Can RE2 characters be imported?

Attached: 2bazcq0vxmry.jpg (540x313, 23K)

How fucking ironic. Kill yourself you autistic faggot.

In order to be "more" complex, his motivations must have at least some semblance of complexity. They still don't.

Disgusts me how many of you only seem to care about the story. What the fuck is wrong with you.

>Dante is an out-of-character asshole
How would you feel if some one arm dead weight came and tried to help you while you were getting your ass beat only to do nothing and almost die thus requiring you to save him?

I don't know, I really disliked the ending's sudden power of friendship DT since story wise there's no proper build up to it with Nero getting the father reveal only just before it, and has his entire character arc where he decides to stop the brothers from fighting (not to mention Vergil murdering countless innocents gets glossed over) takes place in the span of one phone call, but I actually laughed out loud at the FUCK YOU. It's just so stupid but it works perfectly together with the first DT activation and Nero being angry at his daddy.

But I really think we shouldn't have gotten two Vergil fights in a row, since they're essentially same albeit with different player characters and the latter is a complete cakewalk. Player's first encounter with Vergil should've been with Nero with it also doubling as a proper final boss rather than just DT tutorial. It's like they were running out of budget.

>only seem to care about the story
>only
user, you can criticize the story while liking the gameplay and considering we've previously had games in the series where the story indeed was much better than now it's not like you're not allowed to bring it up at all. You can like one part of the game while admitting the other part of it is shit.

I think he's talking about people who's opinion goes something tlike
>combat is literally perfect
>story sucks
>6/10

Exactly. Story in a dmc is maybe 5-10% of the final product.
Personally I really liked the story, but regardless it's a tiny piece of the pie.

>Story in a dmc is maybe 5-10% of the final product.
You're fucking dumb.

The gameplay isn't even that good, all I ever really liked about DMC was the story and 5's is shit tier.

Combat isn't perfect.

6/10

You're fucking dumb. You've chosen a series widely renowned for its gameplay and focused in on the story.
You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. It's one of the peaks of action gameplay. The story is a good top off to the series. It's always been campy and tropey and nothing has changed.

This post isn't that good.
5/10

I'm not dumb I've been playing DMC for almost 20 years.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets sonic adventure vibes from these games. DMC3 gave me the same feeling as when I played sonic as a kid, maybe that's why I immediately loved it

Attached: 1550125935999.png (1000x595, 183K)

>You need to at least rebind shooting to a shoulder button to play efficiently.
No. You really don't. I'm no 2bepower, but I can play both stylishly and proficiently with default controls just fine. It's just easier to pull high level play by using charge shots more.

What's the point of Rebellion and Sparda once you unlock DSD?

I wish I could use Rebellion since it's much more aesthetic than the other two

DMC isn't the peak of shit. Just because you can do fancy combos on punching bags doesn't make it a good game and the story/characters were always good to decent until 5 which was just terrible.

cringe

>fancy combos on punching bags
oh boy this again. You can leave the thread any time, secondary.

Good for you. I played the first one around release and the rest of the series as well. And I played them for the gameplay as intended not the fucking story.
It is absolutely one of the peaks along with NG and perhaps God Hand. You can't name better because they don't exist.
The story was always whatever, the characters have always been good and they remain good in 5.

I mostly agree, but I think story can also serve to give enjoyable context to the challenging gameplay and enhance it. Beating the balls-to-the-wall difficult Vergil in 3 and getting the bittersweet ending, preceded by Lady wrapping up her own arc with Arkham are genuinely one of the most memorable video game moments for me. There's a good reason why Vergil or Lady became fan favorite characters in the first place. DMC3 really managed to nail both gameplay and story while 5 felt derivatively lackluster in latter, even though gameplay wise it's easily my favorite in the series.

I don't think it's about the story deciding whether a game is good or bad, but a good story possibly enhancing an already excellent gameplay with the context it provides.

>Good for you. I played the first one around release and the rest of the series as well. And I played them for the gameplay as intended not the fucking story.
Okay?

Those are some hot opinions you have there, faggots. Keep in mind that Platinum games are all better action games and even God of War out classes DMC in sales. You just like punching bags when other people have more refined taste.

You know, that doesn't become true the more you say it.

this is the problem with most people who play videogames. In passing they just want more consumable media to occupy them.

People passionate about something being evergreen, an experience they can enjoy now, at another level 5 weeks from now, and again in another way 5 years from now are the people who are shitting on you. The skill and execution of the game are part of the experience which makes it enjoyable. None of the posters you responded to are hopeful e sports celebs or make it big. They are in fact 10th Dan action game players capable of pulling off ridiculous shit in games like this because they live and breathe for games like this.

I know you can't understand or even begin to comprehend someone with a different mindset from your own but that's exactly what's going on here. You are making a lot of presumptuous mistakes. It is to be expected of nu/v/ though so continue shitposting and carry on.

As for the topic I haven't even finished the game so I wont pretend to say it has flaws. The only thing that felt a little bit off was V summon style combat but as I bought more moves it became more interesting and started to click more.

In time I'll be able to state an opinion rather than just throwing out broad wave off subjective statements like:
>lame level design
>V isn't fun to play
>music felt boring
>it doesn't play enough like other series
>dont like how they look

Instead of watching someone play I will complete the game myself. Instead of subjectively making statements about my feelings after opening about objective faults I will make sure to focus on either one or the other.
Instead of being a bitch nigga on the internet I wont be one.

Well my pizza is almost done and I'm not cracking open another monster until I wake up to start playing tomorrow. Stay free faggots. Based boomers keep enjoying the quality Capcom kino they're in rare form and I hope they keep it up. If suffering DmC got us this it was fucking worth it.

Attached: 1344841499732.png (520x520, 17K)

>Those are some hot opinions you have there, faggots.

> You can reflect Goliath's fireballs with Round Trip

Also post >yfw consolecucks have to go through 20,40,60,80 floors of Timed BP just to fight Goliath, Geryon, Chickie, and Artemis

Attached: consolecuck.jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

Platinum isn't even in the same league and GoW was basically just a chinese knock off.

GoW didn't copy anything from DMC and Platinum games are almost all better than DMC.

do you just use cheat engine to switch characters? might b cool for SoS so I don't have to do V when I don't want to

DMC basically invented the genre. No plat game is on the same level as DMC3 4 or 5. When they were clover they made God Hand with is truly great. But Bayo MGR and W101 are all a significant chunk below the greats.

Gow copied the idea of action game mechanics. It also copied enemy DT's for higher difficulty. Red orbs for leveling up and acquiring moves, not RPG stats. The creative director of GoW is quoted as saying "I know we'll never be as good as DMC, but we try". I'm not even a faggot who thinks you can't like both, but your'e clearly too young to remember the history.

Action games existed long before DMC came out. You must be real sad only DMC has your punching bag retarded enemies.

It's an action game that doesn't play at all like DMC. There are dozens of them.

Yeah zoomer confirmed. I was alive when DMC came out and developers were clamoring to be the next big thing. It doesn't matter what you "think" about the trend, the fact is that DMC was at the top of everyone's mind whenever an action game out, and referenced directly in any interview. You're a fucking baby now get out my thread.

How old are you man? Even developers agree that DMC pioneered a new style of action game. I was alive and there to see it. There were a few attempts at 3d action before it, onimusha was good but not quite the same.

Since we are having a like/dislike contest, personally I enjoy both Ninja Gaiden 2 and bayo more than DMC. In my opinion dodge offset is the better mechanic than styles because it allows for aggressive enemies.

I think Lady was worth including in the story solely for the scene where she begs Nero not to go fight Vergil. With the context of DMC3 it's probably one of the most emotionally impactful line deliveries in the game. Trish on the hand literally does nothing besides being a wall for V to exposition at.

Attached: 1552248721358.png (1280x715, 703K)

I like how you said literally nothing. You're desperately trying to change the subject.

I'm 29 and get this, I don't suck off DMC unlike you and a random developer. God of War sells far more than DMC does for a reason you dumbass. And there were lots of action games before DMC.

The director of God of War sucked off DMC back in the day. You don't know what you're talking about.

God of War started as a blatant DMC clone you retard
>b-but muh nu-GoW
Hardly a fucking action game anymore

Attached: 1548282406162.jpg (249x244, 9K)

And...? It still plays completely differently.

No it didn't.

The thing both you pricks need to understand is that developers themselves believed they were living in the shadow of DMC. Its not just bullshit, this was the common truth. Its not just me asserting my point of view, you can literally find quotes from dozens of directors saying "we tried to make X like Devil May Cry".

What's the point of ever using Faust when you still need to purchase upgrades and Breakers?

This was my only real complaint. I am not a picky gamer, a game just needs to be fun which this was. Holy shit it was easy though on the first play through. Made the game feel way too short.

>developers kiss the ass of other developers
And it's completely irrelevant.

Because when you upgrade Faust you get an insane multiplier on the orbs you get.

Nico is actually fucking disgusting

A fully upgraded Faust nets you way more red orbs than you'd ever possibly expend with it

Bayo and W101 are both better than any DMC.

there is both SS and SSS

It was too easy though. Made the game feel way too short. I am not even a hardcore DMC fan and I barely died. I remember dying more in DMC3.

>all action games are derivative of the original DMC
>no they aren't
>yes they are, they even say as much
>that's irrelevant

Attached: 1528971278035.png (702x1260, 274K)

>they even say as much
The problem with your shitposting is that they don't. There were action games before it and most action games use elements not even seen in DMC.

Not even close.
It sells more because it's cinematic and has qtes out the ass and casual basic gameplay. I enjoy the series and own 1-3 but thems the breaks.
I put NG up with the GOATS but Bayo just doesn't get there for me.

My only criticism is no cheat to unlock DMD

DMC was the first of it's kind. What you're trying to do here is like arguing WoW didn't influence MMOs for like a decade.

And DMC doesn't sell well because the gameplay isn't at all fun unless you enjoy attacking punching bags which most people don't, because they don't have autism.

This isn't rocket science.

beating Urizen in the prologue does it I believe, though one can hardly call it a cheat.

Have you learnt dodge offset?

It sells fine. I guarantee you couldn't beat them on DmD for all your talk of enemies not fighting back.

DMC was consistently one of Capcom highest selling game series when they were still coming out
DMC5 is selling gangbusters
cope harder

Attached: 1547153197133.jpg (591x643, 206K)

The sad thing is that morons like him will influence the future and in 20 years no one will remember the splash DMC made in an era before the internet documented everything.

Yep. I don't like dedicated dodge button, I don't like slomo (I'm aware it's disabled for infinite climax) I don't like dial a combos, it takes too long to get to the move I want.

It's by no means a bad game and it's one of the best. It's just not quite at the summit for me. Also Kamiya needs to fuck off with the minigame bullshit.

>you'll never shoot your load into Nico
Why is there so little porn of her?

I don't think so. Too many youtubers do retrospectives and shit all the time for this information to be lost.

>DMC was the first of it's kind.
It's the only of its kind and it's part of the larger action game genre.

I have finished DmD in 3 and 4 and guess what, I don't think the gameplay is that good. Bayonetta was signifcantly harder and more fun same with most Platinum games. I barely even like God of War and I consider its gameplay better too.

I'd rather play "bad" action games like Samurai Western, Okami, Tera, or Bully than DMC.

>muh sales
You're the one coping you loser, I only brought up sales to frame the point that DMC isn't the best action game according to several millions of people. Grasping at straws talking about sales figures you have no idea about too.

>DMC isn't the best action game according to several millions of people.
Reminder than more than half the market share in the video games industry is sports games. So by the metric of sales, FIFA is a better action game than any hack an slash.

Fair enough then.

Weak damage control. Stay on topic you dumb nigger.

>Warned everyone in several DMC threads post-release that the board will be full of shitposting once everyone's played it, regardless of quality.
>Get told this won't be the case, the sheer hype and what we've seen so far will keep people from shitposting and the ones who try will be ignored.
I told you so.
These people were simply waiting for an opportunity to argue. Games are just a method to bitch, whine, complain, and argue. They don't care about the game as long as they can get more replies on an anonymous imageboard.

Attached: PUFFY.jpg (439x601, 115K)

Popularity is not a metric of quality.

why does she make my pp hard tho

DMC isn't the best action game either.

This will never get old.

You have supremely bad taste or really like hyperbole. Bully is a supremely shitty game.

Have fun in your juggly simulator you damn autist.

>So by the metric of sales, FIFA is a better action game than any hack an slash.
your conclusion has abolutely nothing to do with the logic presented up to that point.
yes, FIFA is a good game. the fact so many people keep buying it is a testament to it being satisfying for its audience. but what does it have to do with it being an action game?
also, genres aren't superior to others. you can't measure popularity in different genres as means to measure their overall quality, since taste is subjective and therefore it's impossible to have a fair measurement in objective quality between two games of different genres for the same audience
your logic is just as retarded as pointing to everyone else who has a PS4 but doesn't buy sports games and say SEE? LOOK AT THESE MILLIONS OF LOST SALES, THIS MEANS THE GAME IS NOT UP TO THEIR STANDARDS AND THEREFORE IT'S SHIT

I will. Secure in the knowledge that my taste is amazing and I'll never to stupid enough to call Bully better than the widely recognized progenitor of a genre.

Bully is rated higher and will probably have sold more too by the way. Great game with fun combat.

>DMC was the first of it's kind
Onimusha. Pistol juggling in DMC1 is literally copied from Onimusha.

A bug in onimusha gave them the idea. But they're very different games. Onimusha doesn't have jumping or much depth. I love the game but it's like dmc 0.5.
Ratings and sales don't determine quality dude, it has dogshit combat.

DMC has dog shit combat too.

Factually wrong.

Then what do you mean by "of its kind"?

Onimusha is a 3D third-person action-adventure game. You defeat enemies using an array of weapons and collect three types of souls: one for currency, one for health, and one for super moves. Using red souls you can upgrade your stats and get new moves for you weapons.

That's very similar to what DMC1 ended up as.

If you expect all elements of DMC to be in an earlier game to be "of its kind", of course DMC1 will be the first game "of its kind".

But saying that "DMC basically invented the genre" is laughably ignorant.

It's really not. The devs of the time will say the same thing and have in many interviews. Onimusa was fucking tank controls.

Berserk on DC was another 3D action game before its time. Soul Reaver and other PS1/N64 games existed too. Then you had 2D games.

Devs kissing ass is completely irrelevant. You're grasping at straws from one developer to justify your argument, give it up already.
DMC1 also had tank controls.

I'm citing Onimusha because it's really close to DMC1. Same publisher, same lineage (Biohazard), similar mechanics, and released within a year or so. A bird's eye view of games could trace the genre back to Castlevania or earlier.

Unrefined design doesn't place the game outside the genre. DayZ and PUBG are absolutely within the same genre, though PUBG is far more refined than DayZ.

Again, if the genre is "character action-adventure", DMC was a watershed but not the inception. If the genre is "DMC-like", DMC by definition is the original.

Dmc1 did not have tank controls, you just made it very clear you don't know what those are.

>DMC1 also had tank controls.
I have no idea what the two of you are actually arguing about but this is completely wrong

Attached: 1542995503844.gif (614x428, 3.19M)

Fucking hell nigga, just take the L and use a gold orb for full HP recovery, you should have like 15+ by the half way point unless you seriously aren't learning how to play the game.
>tfw can use a gold orb but my style points exceeded the requirements for it that the 0.9x multiplier still gives me S rank anyways.
Feels real fucking good. I'll beat it without dying later, I'm taking my time going through the game embracing what I waited 10 years for.

AND THERE IT IS LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, YOU'VE ALL BEEN ARGUING WITH SOMEONE WHO'S YOUNGER THAN THE ENTIRE SERIES, WE DID IT, WE CAN ALL GO HOME.

Attached: sillyoldbear.jpg (640x640, 62K)

I'm 29

Then fucking act like it.

then by elimination of this hypothesis, we can all conclude you either don't know what you're talking about or you're baiting

I am.

Or it could be that you're just wrong.

Please refer to my third point
>just don't use them

>Or it could be that you're just wrong.
DMC1 didn't have tank controls. I... I just played it last week. There's no more explaining it. It just didn't. I don't know what proof you need. I'm honestly appalled at this level of contrarianism.

It's sad that you care so much

under (You)'d post

Yes

Theres no easy way to come back at this, he's 100% right.

>The red guy is the physically strongest of the group

Then neither did Onimusha.

YEs it did.

I agree with this user 100%. For just about every game that comes out, the first threads that appear are always just pointing out only petty flaws in such a melodramatic fashion and any time you speak highly of a game, you get called a shill or told to make a general for the game. It's so obnoxious and points out the real issue with this website of everyone being immature pessimist who feel that their jaded attitudes somehow makes gives them superior taste over others.

I'm tired of it. I want to enjoy everything to the fullest extent.

You faggots are all wrong. The closest thing to DMC before it was released was Rising Zan, Onimusha has almost nothing to do with DMC1.

>I'm tired of it. I want to enjoy everything to the fullest extent.
Go back to resetera then faggot, we actually care about games here.