Anub’arak

Loyal servent, or unwilling, bitter slave?

Attached: 5D3AAAB2-D893-4819-8327-63795A1BB127.jpg (337x244, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yETtjZLSSIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Loyal, bitter slave.

Slave

"Never thought... I'd be free of him..."
C'mon user.

MY MIGHT CANNOT BE MATCHED

It bugs me to this day that blizzard refuses to do anything with the living nerubians. The should have joined the alliance.

Attached: nerubian_frost_mage_by_leonidusak.jpg (684x416, 99K)

Wait isn't that nyx assassin?

gay beetle

Attached: 539358230958.jpg (600x450, 90K)

when does he say this

Can't have cool races user, remember, need more faggot Elves for the cancerous cretins that still play this shitty game.

So the Nerubians call him the traitor king because they mistakenly believe he betrayed them. Sad when you think about it...

FUCKING SLAVES GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE

Attached: gachi slave.png (469x352, 222K)

When you kill him in Azjol-Nerub.

yes blizzard copied him for heroes of the storm. imagine stealing dota heroes and ur game still failing lol

>wow
>canon
lol

yes

You're right. I should've said "killed".

>arakkoa
>mantids
>jinyu
>ogre
>dragonkin
>mogu
Here's a void elf LOL

He means Metzen

Nerubians for Alliance.
Ogres for Horde.

This is how it should have been! Not more elves and trolls!

Attached: 290E2F3D-A92B-47E8-912C-675110FAA650.jpg (1300x859, 187K)

oh, okay. I thought he would have said that in his raid. which he didn't. he barely said anything

LMAO

Attached: 1BA1ADFD-16AD-44C5-8D44-180396C24250.png (352x288, 172K)

Attached: 1501462435330.gif (384x239, 3M)

It would take blizzard 5 expansions of Resources© to get armour rigged for an octoped

Is it bad that I have the entire audio 110% memorized?

Not a slave, but strongly bound to an undead hivemind that knows his every thought and movement which makes it pretty hard to protest.

Oddly Scourge aren't a mindless horde, many kept their personality and banter. Ner'zhul knows something about the mythology that the living races don't, and he seems more of a dark enlightener than an enslaver.

A hivemind would be really comfy to be a part of, no one would be hiding anything and we trust each other without hesitation

Why the fuck would Nerubians join the Alliance specifically?

Doesn't sound very comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=yETtjZLSSIk

The Lich King strips free will while keeping personalities intact
Some operate without even realizing they're serving exactly as he wants them to (ie every single Death Knight PV)

Not that it matters now, but the RPG has Brann visiting the living Nerubians in an ambassadorial role. There's an exchange of gifts and the Nerubians are very impressed with Brann's age. It's a nice little story.

can't waste money designing every piece of armor for interesting races as we can just use the same mold if they all look similar under our "meritocracy"

This

Attached: 28A5AABC-0319-42CD-AED8-99A38782980F.jpg (500x333, 111K)

this.

>no fun discussion between arthas and anub about how they fucked over their living kingdoms
because "gee thanks heroes for killing me, now I'm free" is more interesting apparently?

Attached: 1550030116975.gif (220x260, 1.19M)

>tfw your hivemind is a fucking drug addict.

FACTION SCOURGE WHEN????

>WC3 TFT loyal servent
>nu-lore after WoW rape bitter slave

Attached: 1524547945716.jpg (720x1000, 122K)

KINKY!

Why do rando hero units in Warcraft 3 have a million times the personality than characters in WoW?

Why do devs immediately discard characters in WoW that players like (Lorewalker Cho, Yrel, Oculeth, Flynn)?

It feels like the people at the bottom (making quest stories and characters) are great at their job, but the people at the top running things are COMPLETE RETARDS

Attached: yrel.jpg (1024x1024, 246K)

Metzen stopped caring after vanilla and he retired after wod.

>characters in WoW that players like
>Yrel

Attached: 1550035527141.png (411x479, 362K)

>Killed Admiral Taylor randomly for no reason whatsoever.
This was the exact point when the last tiny fraction of faith in blizzard vanished.

I agree they should have made a female-only crossbreed off-shoot race of spider waifu

Attached: Muffet_2414f3_5850608.jpg (600x967, 157K)

Isn't Yrel barely canon?

>blizzard refuses to do anything with the living nerubians
They did, they just didn't do much with them after WotLK.
>The should have joined the alliance.
Why would any of the Aqir ever ally themselves with other races on Azeroth? They're Old God worshiping fanatics. Closest we got to that were the sect of Mantid, and even they were just using us as a means to an end.

>Isn't Yrel barely canon?

She's in like 20 quests and half a dozen cinematics during WoD. But she stays on Draenor when everyone leaves(aka she vanishes with zero word in game). Then draenor is suddenly 30 years in the future or something(who the fuck knows).

Oh and she shows up for 10 seconds as old lady and Light-Side-Fanatic-Hitler in the Mag'har orc scenario.

>They're Old Gods worshipping fanatics.
Not the Nerubians. They dropped them so long ago they had become a bad racial memory turned myth, as you can see from Anub'arak shock in TFT that they were real.

>Oh and she shows up for 10 seconds as old lady and Light-Side-Fanatic-Hitler in the Mag'har orc scenario.
She doesn't. She is leading the fanatic Light worshipers, but she doesn't show up.

The only way they can remotely save that decision if they make DK Nazgrim a boss (because he's alive again kinda), they bring back Ghost Scribe Taylor to battle him.

>Yrel
Waifufags aren't people, user.

Attached: 1550765519139.png (750x750, 26K)

It's pretty clear they doubled-back on that in WotLK. In their war against Arthas they dug up some Old God stuff from before they broke away. Hence the Faceless in Ahn'kahet.

GEE

>that voice change he got in WoW
Disgusting

Attached: 1474300293745.jpg (500x372, 29K)

Wtf, blizzard is ripping off hi-rez of all things

Attached: 2Qu1RSF.jpg (1920x1201, 796K)

Mate, the quest to kill that Faceless One is given to you by the Nerubians. Your job is to kill the aberrant fools desperate enough to return to the Old Gods.

not as bad as Tyrande becoming spic and Sylvanas getting so nasally

It's given by *a* Nerubian. There don't seem to be all that many left who aren't either living corpses or octopus-lovers. But I get your point. Only other reason I can think of as to why Nerubians would never join the other races is xenophobia then. Sure the Old Gods aren't telling them to slaughter folks now, don't mean they can't be racist pricks towards them.

I'm still mad Maraad died.

We all are.

But when you refight him in ToC he's clearly 100% loyal to the Lich King. Did he get reanimated and enslaved?

Die

Attached: hi_rez_tribes_ascend_death_scene.gif (400x300, 1.7M)

At least he had a cool last line.... Even if it was to save that Mary sue.

It's hard to extrapolate when you look at the full lore because Metzen is a fucking hack that can't into consistency. Anub'arak was a willing servant in Warcraft 3, akin to Ner'zhul's other generals. He and Arthas spoke on equal terms and were both clearly in control of their faculties beyond the baseline loyalty to the Lich King. So, if that's as far into the lore as you go, he was a loyal servant.

However, WotLK fucks this up by suggesting that he was enslaved to turn on his people. When he's defeated the first time, he expresses relief at being freed from his servitude. The second time he appears, he's basically a mindless husk. Neither are consistent with WC3, either personality wise or lore wise (he's literally the only Scourge to be resurrected from death after being undead).

Personally, I refuse to acknowledge the WoW lore. Metzen ruined dozens of storylines and Anub'arak's was one of the most egregious considering his role in raising Arthas to become the Lich King.

Fear of total annihilation. Their kingdom was ruined with the first Lich King; now being extremely vulnerable, what happens if the second one decides to replenish his stock of Crypt Fiends. They've already had positive experiences with the pc in WotLK, there's also

I hate WoW "lore" so much.
The worst part is that Golden retconned the friendship between KT and Arthas.

Loyal servant.
The reason Anub'arak was so entertaining in WC3 was because he was half of the buddy-cop duo with Arthas. The scourge were entertaining because of the juxtaposition of a genocidal undead faction being lead by Arthas, Kel'thuzad and Anubarak, all of whom were cracking jokes and getting along with each other.

Making them unwilling slaves ruins it.

I recently watched the Warcraft III campaign, and he seems to be loyal during that portion too. Maybe he was loyal, and eventually grew sick of it. But it's not like you can leave when you're that far deep.

>Personally, I refuse to acknowledge the WoW lore.
The only sane person in this thread.

I'm still bitter after all these years because WoW lore/story is trash compared to w3.

Honestly, re-reading some of the tidbit mentions they get in Cataclysm and BFA, it's feasible. Doubt it'll happen, but it's feasible.

>because "gee thanks heroes for killing me, now I'm free" is more interesting apparently?

This is WoW in a nutshell :

Let's take a big stinky shit on the lore, the characters, the stories, just to inflate the ego of the nerds who pay $13 per month.

EELEDAN WAT ES EEN THAT VIAL

>Tyrande becoming spic
You do know it's been Elisa Gabrielli the whole time, right?

Attached: qePyT5Tx.jpg (512x512, 60K)

Oh I don't think it would happen at all, I'd just hate to see the Nerubians regress like so much in WoW. In the Aqir we see
Silithid: Slaves to the Old Gods
Klaxxi: Free, but loyal to the Old Gods
Nerubian: Completely free
To see them become Silithids 2.0 would be a damn shame.

True. Really to see them used at all would be nice at this rate.

It's not like any of their games are faithful to the lore of the previous game in the series anyways.

well she sounds spic

It's more likely the sound direction telling her to sound whatever you think is spic, but sure.

Indubitably