What are some comfy city builders? After researching everything Dawn of Man got kinda boring

What are some comfy city builders? After researching everything Dawn of Man got kinda boring.
I already know about Cities Skylines but that's too modern.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.11 - 16.30.32.70.jpg (1920x1080, 651K)

Also, this shit annoys me. Why do I build walls if everything can just go around it anyways?

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.11 - 06.11.17.79.png (1920x1080, 3.86M)

What about foundation, is that any good?

Anno 1602 to 2070, 1404 being the best
The Settlers 2 to 5, while 3 and 5 are the best (inb4 2 spergs)

Also Banished with mods and Cultures

Also Anno 1800 comes out in a month

>inb4 2 spergs
Hello there!

Attached: 21345657876.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Also Life is Feudal: Forest Village, but Banished is better imo

Is this bait? 2 is the best...

I played the settlers since Settlers on windows 98 and was delighted when they finally got rid of the street system. 3 is the better game overall and 5 is really underrated. The campaign was awesome. Praising 2 is literally how to spot a redditor/hipster.

Also you can probably guess i_m German, so my opinion matters more than yours when it comes to these games.

OpenTTD is kind of fun because the cities grow on their own while you introduce resources into them. Its sort of like a cross between a city builder and factorio.

Attached: BonyGrimyAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif (455x250, 3.22M)

>After researching everything Dawn of Man got kinda boring.
Try playing on something other than bitch difficulty on a bitch map.

Are you joking? Even on hardcore difficulty and the "harder" maps this game is still a pisstake of ease.

Cool story bro.

Pre-historic towns were not build on a fucking grid ffs. It breaks immersion so badly.

Anno is not city builder it's much more a goods management. Like tycoon games. City building is just flavouring in those games not the goal (like in SimCity).

"Red" dangerous tier animals don't even fucking aggro on your dudes unless a scripted event occurs where they attack the village. You can easily defeat a herd of 3+ fully grown MAMMOTHS with like 5 or 6 dudes and flint spears, and this is in a straight up fight.

Laughable.

Attached: 134abc.jpg (337x404, 53K)

Why do you insist on proving that you've only played the game on bitch difficulty?

Shouldn't your argument be doing the opposite of that?

fucking this. beat the game once, then played hardest map on hardcore difficulty - haven't noticed anything different besides slightly larger enemy groups(which were still a joke)
This is game is unbalanced as fuck.

Played it on hardcore difficulty. Animals STILL don't aggro on your dudes.

"Raiders" are also a joke in this game, it always turns into a deathstack between them and your dudes whereupon both sides clip into eachother and become a giant stack. Just equip bows on all your dudes and you'll always win every raider encounter.

Terrain is another laughable joke. My dudes pulling fucking sleds or even pulling a heavy ass monolith can just walk right on over the steepest mountains in the game without giving a shit.

Attached: 13531.jpg (190x190, 6K)

>Animals STILL don't aggro on your dudes.
Yes they do.

But please, keep proving the fact that you've only played it on bitch difficulty and same fagging your own posts.

>Yes they do.

Nope. The harder difficulty makes it so animals are more like to run away when you try to attack them (which ironically makes it harder to kill them because it's so easy to beat them in a straight fight)

They even attack your villagers on regular difficulty unprovoked, so now you're just shit posting for the sake of being a faggot.

Job well done.

>The harder difficulty makes it so animals are more like to run away when you try to attack them

*meant easier difficulty

Anyway, anybody who actually plays this game will realize quickly that animal attacks are scripted events.

>They even attack your villagers on regular difficulty unprovoked

They actually don't unless it's a scripted event. Play the game, my dudes go drink water from the lake while a bear does the same right beside them.

And?
The animals behavior is governed by it's NEEDS/STATS, if it's HUNGRY, or you fuck with it's food source it WILL attack you.
>Play the game
Take your own advice and fuck off already.

>The animals behavior is governed by it's NEEDS/STATS, if it's HUNGRY, or you fuck with it's food source it WILL attack you.

Nope, still doesn't attack my villagers unprovoked, only when it's a scripted event senpai.

>mountain lion gets hungry
>attacks some type of bull creature for food, attacks an auroch and kills it
>aurochs buddy aggros on the cat and starts attacking it
>cat just stands there as the auroch headbutts it to death

lol.

Protip: Kill a small animal like a goat with your hunters and just let it's body sit on the ground while keeping 5 dudes with spears near it, practically every fucking predator on the map will magically sense there's free food on the ground and try to eat it. Watch how they approach a small carcass of food while your 5 dudes stand nearby with spears and whenever something gets close enough spear it to death with your dudes.

Attached: 13616777.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>Watch how they approach a small carcass of food while your 5 dudes stand nearby with spears and whenever something gets close enough spear it to death with your dudes.
That's a great way to get your villagers killed, but thanks for once again confirming that all you have played is the first map on bitch difficulty.

You're ignorant as fuck, clearly haven't played the game thoroughly and every post just confirms it.

You've spent more time shitposting about the game than playing it and for some reason you expect people to take you seriously.

>Nope, still doesn't attack my villagers unprovoked, only when it's a scripted event senpai.
Nah, not true, i've had lots of villagers attacked and killed by bears, lions and wolves whilst out and about.

>That's a great way to get your villagers killed, but thanks for once again confirming that all you have played is the first map on bitch difficulty.

You sound like you're shit at this easy game. 5 dudes with flint spears can beat even 3 fucking mammoths.

For anybody else playing this game, here's how you hunt: First get sleds unlocked, then get 5 dudes and go out manually and hunt a large herd of creatures, it's preferable if they're an aggressive type because chasing creatures is harder than actually straight up fighting them. Fight and kill the animals and after you've done so don't let any of your hunters harvest the death bodies, you want people back at your village to take the task because they'll grab a sled and use that for their harvesting.

Make sure to hang around the dead bodies for a while to fight off any predators that try to eat the kills.

Curious, maybe it's just bugged then because it rarely happens to me. I notice on their steam page they have in their roadmap to make improvements to animal aggression AI.