Thinking about getting this for about 40 bucks

Thinking about getting this for about 40 bucks.
What is it like?
How's the online community?

Attached: 1540-1.jpg (340x340, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_0sZJyCArfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There are a lot of really bad players, especially the chinese, they don't do village quests and just rush the hub key quest.
Otherwise, it's alright. Playing it with a friend is probably the best option.

I haven't played any MH game before world, but it looks like shit.

Says the faggots who’s top tier gear is literally the base weapon with some fur taped on it.
There’s actual colors instead of the same dull shit

Attached: 4F1B2C49-AF8B-48C7-B950-ABE1AFBB3371.jpg (534x712, 65K)

Your opinion has been noted and dealt with, appropriately.

As fun as World is, Generations is fucking toptier among action games, and OP should get it asap

Attached: 1543334618562.jpg (1536x2048, 442K)

no one cares about your 240p game nintentard

Fuck off World bandwagonner

>makes new weapon
>same weapon but with new colors
>doesn't see any numbers when fighting enemies so it's visually the same
>GUYS MHG HAS SO MUCH MORE CONTRNT THAN WORLD
>plays through same mission 100 times

stfu
based

Could you niggers pls stop fighting each other, I'm not asking about World

Tthis is the lowest IQ post in this thread.

This one comes pretty close.

It has the most content of any MH game, in terms of number of monsters and ways to play. It's easier than the previous MH games because you have more options (styles).

200 hours in and it didn't feel like I was anywhere near the end, there's a ton of shit to do in this game.
As for online, turns rooms are fun and I got a few multi-hour sessions with randoms out of those. It's one of the few Switch games that supports a keyboard for chat.(unfortunately only in the hubs and not during the hunt, although you do get customizable shoutouts for that)

How do you setup a keyboard for chat?

stfu

Just plug it in the dock, both wired and wireless keyboards work. You can also plug it into a undocked Switch by using a USB-C to USB cable.

Don't play online
But it's perfectly fine solo, as is most of the series.

It starts out pretty slow and takes about 4-5 hours to get into. About an hour if you just do the main quests to advance.
A lot of the game is: pick quest to kill monster, go to monster, kill it, repeated that until you get the drops you want, make better weapon, go on new quest

It's pretty much just "boss rush" the game. The only downside is there isn't any free hunting in the game, just quests. So you can't just go out into the field and fight a random monster - they're specific to the quests.

All in all you can get at least 300+ hours out of it - download the demo and play it at least 4-5 times to get feel for it. The gameplay and controls are terrible at first.

Switch Online killed all hope of a community. What a terrible waste

Aren't there mandatory online missions to progress in the rank system?
Whays so bad about the online?
Already tried the demo for the first time and yeah it feels kind of clunky

BING! Fuck paying for nintys online

There is progression for both Village(offline) and Hub,(offline/online) the former is scaled for singplayer and the latter for multiplayer. Village has low/high rank quests and Hub has low, high and G-rank quests.

I meant I don't play online since the community is pretty hit or miss and in MH, a bad player can make the mission incredibly hard since players can attack one another and being knocked around by an idiot isn't fun.

>Aren't there mandatory online missions to progress in the rank system?
Not that I know of. There are definitely offline quests that should be done to advance the story and sidequests to unlock more features to make things like farming easier

I don't recall anything being "multiplayer" only. There is an online quest hub but those can still be played offline. They're recommended to play with multiple players since the monster health is higher IIRC but you can get much better rewards than playing the village (offline/story) quests

>Already tried the demo for the first time and yeah it feels kind of clunky
Never played the demo but try out each of the weapons - some are a bit more clunky than others. Lance vs Sword and Shield for example.
Also make sure you use the lock on camera so you can quickly face the monster, which helps a lot.

Full of chinks.

Most content of any MH game outside of Frontier, lots of ways to play with styles but that also means a lot of ways to trivialize the game, you can easily do everything solo, even the stuff meant for multiplayer, breddy fun game

>Hurrr me monste game better cause i can play 480p dressup better and kill shit directly ported over from 4U i already fought before only this time in easier game with wacky anime moves

Attached: 1508726854563.png (645x773, 23K)

I bought this game and I'm up to killing astalos and other similar tier monsters. Should I keep going through village onto high then start fucking with hub quests or what.

Going through all of village will be better to do so you'll be better equipped going into hub quests since they have buffed stats

I did hub to grank before even touching HR village. Had to rush village for that transmog after so it doesn't really matter imo

I like it but I wish the fucking gunlance was more technical. GU nerfed it, World casualized it. Give me something to work with, at least bring it up to the skill ceiling of something like the charge blade

Generally the village quests unlock more things like the farm for that game and eventually gets you to the final story quest

The hub has more difficult monsters straight away, usually they have higher health but you also get better rewards like materials for crafting

Generally, I'd do village then hub - for example, you'll see Royal Ludroth at rank 1 in the hub but it'll be a rank 3 quest in the village.

But keep in mind if you do the hub quests first, that you will be overall more powerful and might find the village quests far easier than normal if you use the gear you get/make from hub monsters

Not worth the money, just emulate it.

I put 700 hours into it before getting burned out. Still gotta go back and finish up everything. Good game.

it's decent, you can emulate it pretty easily with the english patch and get free online because fuck paying for online

The main reason I'm looking forward it's that I'm a handled autists, otherwise I'd probably get World for the ps4, since my PC is a potato

Thx my dudes. I'm burnt out on world (until Arch nerg and iceborn after) so I've been trying MHGU and I've been having an experience. So many monsters to hunt. I'm having a fucking blast learning arts and shit. Been rocking valor greatsword.

I heard the online is fairly dead at the lower ranks but that’s to be expected. End game monsters and turn rooms typically make up most of the g rank rooms but if you put something up for a specific monster it most likely will fill quickly unless it’s something no one wants to hunt. It’s pretty much old monster hunter with arts and styles which offer a ton of different ways of hunting. Some weapons and style combos are shit but some are really fun like adept gun/lance and aerial dual blades. I’ve put in a ton of hours into the game and loved it but styles and arts seem to be pretty hit or miss. That said it’s fucking 30 fps unlike the silky smooth 60 of 4u, which is my only real complaint about the game.

4U is more like unstable ~45fps on n3DS, Generations went with a locked 30fps for some reason and they didn't bother to unlock it on Switch GU. It has some minor visual improvements over 3DS XX but they could have put in a little more effort on porting this.

Attached: 1551627483600.jpg (2667x1500, 713K)

Was it? It’s been awhile since I’ve played 4u, I just remember it looking a lot smoother than gen when I switched between them. And holy shit removing oils and double notes was a god damn crime.

Anyone want to group up for hunting? I'm only like HR5 but I'm solid. I can host.

I am waiting for a sale hopefully, because of the 15th anniversary and all fo that.

It does reach 60fps at times but it's highly variable.
youtube.com/watch?v=_0sZJyCArfg

By the way, I wish more 3DS games used the n3DS hardware like this, so many games didn't use the extra power at all.

nintendo basically made the N3ds for 4U with input from capcom, it's a shame they got really lazy with optimization with X/XX and World

If I finally get it count me in