3 >4:SE >5 >1 >DmC >2

3 >4:SE >5 >1 >DmC >2

I dont even think this opinion is controversial

Attached: 080C2501-4E20-4328-AFA6-DE23F32AAEAD.jpg (1920x1080, 742K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PMxysjfVMDE
wccftech.com/devil-may-cry-5-data-mining-new-playable-character/
metacritic.com/game/pc/bayonetta
youtu.be/kfCeBOZHwxg
youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac
youtube.com/watch?v=rx2ocAXZ9o8
youtube.com/watch?v=kG8RcAA8Fyo
youtube.com/watch?v=YV5IheNfK54
youtube.com/watch?v=bmYijVr_HYw
youtube.com/watch?v=T3fCDIQNWKE
youtube.com/watch?v=g8A7NGqnq5w
youtube.com/watch?v=NK4YbzLuNDM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

4>5>DmC>>>>>>(3>2=1) =trash
The only valid opinion

4 > 1 > 3 > DmC > 2
haven't played 5 yet

3>5>4SE>1>DmC>2

5 is the best

based

5 is literally a better 4

I think 5 is better than 4SE, but 3 is still the king.

It really isn't. It's just the newest.

5 = 3SE > 1 > 4SE > 3 > DmC > 4>>>>>>>>>DMC2

That’s the canon ranking.

3 > 5 > 4:SE > the irrelevant rest

There are inferior elements in 5. Artsyle, level design, enemy design e.t.c

i would put 5 over 3, but otherwise this is it

3 >5 = 4SE> 1> 2
DmC is not a devil may cry game and does not apply, suck it tameem

this is the correct opinion

glad to hear it, i'm looking forward to playing i t

Move 4:SE to below 1 and you'd be right.

>backtracking simulator over 5
You know damn well your opinion is controversial.

Anybody who puts any version of 4 above anything except 2 and DmC has brain damage. 4 is a fucking trash-ass game and I'm glad DMC5 put it in the dirt so we can forget about it forever. The ONLY thing it has is combat. Shit level design, shit camera, shit campaign, shit BP, shit story, shit music. Fuck that game.

>le ebin "1 is irrelevant" maymay again
Fuck off

Do you even realise how much 5 borrows from DmC?

4 actually has way nicer setpieces than V. but thats about it.

>inferior artstyle to 4
>DUDE A CHURCH TOWN LOL
>DUDE NOW A FOREST LOL
>DUDE NOW ANOR LONDO-LIE CHURCH IN SNOW LOL
>DUDE NOW A LAB LOL
>DUDE NOW ANOTHER CHURCH LOL
>OKAY NOW JUST DO IT ALL BACKWARDS HAHA
Did you suck batteries as a kid? 5's level design blows everything about 4's out of the water. At least it's consistent.

Attached: bye.gif (308x234, 3.01M)

you have a shit opinion lad, and you'll notice i'm arguing my point the same way you're arguing yours. shit opinion, shit stance, shit taste.

It’s not that bad but it definitely is weaker than 1, 3 and 5.

Who gives a shit about the backtracking when it has the best combat?

5>3>1>4>DmC>2

Attached: 601150_20190309175307_1.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

no, fuck off and i'm not that guy. Dmc4 isn't the pinnacle of variety but half of dmc5 is walking straight and jumping up inside a fucking tree with hellscape background and you know it.

Oh wait you ride a lava elevator and grapple too.

I'm not going to bother arguing with anybody who likes 4, I'm not writing you a thesis on game design regarding that piece of shit. The fact you need to be convinced of it tells me you're beyond the point of convincing in the first place due to being handicapped

What are you smoking? 5's combat is 4 but improved.

like I said. Shit taste. Judging by your posts your thesis would also be an ejaculation of buzzword and opinion so please, don't bother.

This and Either or really. I think the final verdict will come once the new shinyness of 5 wears off.

5 > 3SE = 4SE > 1 > DmC > 2

4SE and 3SE are about on the same level for me with 3 being slightly higher, it's a better overall game but 4SE has like five playable characters and a lot of neat changes

Attached: 567433124567.png (380x349, 97K)

>V knew that saving one or two people wouldn’t stop the Qliphoth, but if it bought one or two seconds more, he was still willing to do it. V’s soul told him he was obligated to do it.

Vergil is a good boy.

The only thing 4 has over 5 is "muh inertia"

3 = 5 > 1 > 4 > 2

I'd have to replay 3 again so it's in fresh memory to decide if it's better or worse than 5

>4 > 5
If you unironically think this then you reevaluate your life.

>LOL ALLCAPS MEANS IM RIGHT

The music, story and artstyle is better in 4 than in 5.

5 would be superior to 4 if it didn't have an awful story easily.
Also the hellscapes suck

1 > DmC: DE > 4 > 5 > 3 > 2

All these years and the first remains the best because simplicity is the true sophistication. Dealwithit

The only way you'd be a bigger contrarian is if you put 2 first

lmao no

You just described DMC4 only replace "walking straigh and jumping up inside a fucking tree" with arbitrary puzzle shit that added nothing to the game but to pad out it's already unfinished playtime length.
5's level designs are not only better, but don't fucking jarringly switch from zone to zone from mission to mission.
Sorry your bing-bang-wahoo Nintendo platforming sections are all gone, but those were easily the worst parts of the older games and will not be missed by a majority other than nostalgiafags

4SE has
>Turbo Mode
>5 playable characters
>less lag after moves

OP didn't say 4. He said 4:SE. Make an argument about how 5 is better of fuck off. V and not being able to see shit in the dark half the time puts 5 down a fair bit imo.

The real joke is that you could do that and it still wouldnt save you since the only people going "muh 4" are literal retards who dont even understand anything about the game and only "like" the game by watching other people play it on youtube

Attached: 1540996934572.jpg (640x686, 64K)

>5 is better because
>i just say so ok

nah fuck off it really isn't. Same grey shit every level.

Don't fucking reply to me avatarfag, I'd sooner suck the dick of the brainlet who argued in 4's favor than validate you. Filtered. Don't reply to this faggot.

This. And no V.

What's even funnier is that Yea Forums used to have pretty tame opinions on 4, only liking it for the gameplay and bloody palace and more or less universally agreeing that the actual campaign is utter shit.

But now it's an older game, and 5 is the newest, so it's going to be fashionable to hate 5 and praise 4 until 6 comes out, even if 5 does everything 4 does except better, and the only real advantage 4 has is that it has more playable characters for now.

Filtered what exactly

Attached: 1546603130276.gif (500x256, 1.31M)

Attached: all the power I need right here.jpg (534x489, 38K)

5 didn't really improve in level design, especially when it comes to visuals. mission 2 is cool and after that it's just construction sites and sewers. they really didn't utilize the modern urban setting

>completely unrelated bing bang wahoo shit because user literally cannot think on his own
I see why you enjoy seeing the same grey shit and thinking it's better to walk in a straight line than to walk in a straight line with a few puzzles and backgrounds

3 > 5 > 1 > 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> literal dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>> 2

Never played the reboot outside of a demo. It seemed fun from what I've played of it though.

>Unironically defending musou tier characters like Trish and Lady In that game

Cringe

5 > 3 > DmC = 1 > 4 > 2

Attached: 4L_sehagmuy.jpg (720x790, 166K)

>4 wasn't amazing so this means 5 is better

Its the same shit every level. London in pieces or the inside of a goo tree. Nothing in 5 is memorable.

Both options are so shitty it's pointless to discuss. Like why is it even an argument? What DMC game WASN'T a straight linear path with very little deviation? Arguably 1, but only because it had some backtracking, all the others were completely linear with some small branching paths, just like 5. The focus on this series very clearly isn't branching and varied levels.

You have V, a literal dragon's dogma tier class.

>4 "puzzles"
>Smack this spinny-top into a wall
>Chess game lol
>Grapple grapple grapple grapple grapple
Wow such riveting gameplay and game design
>it's better to walk in a straight line
Yeah, it is, because less nintentard puzzle shit means more action and combat, something that 5 makes a focus of. You know, which is the point of the series?

Dragon's Dogma is sophisticated unlike musou

Attached: 2c4.png (427x576, 310K)

Imagine Trish

For me
5 > 3 = 1 > 4 > DmC > 2

DmC > 5 > 1 > 3 >>> 4

never played 2 never will

Yeah, 5 is better. It's a finished game with better combat, better enemies, better bosses and a less obnoxious protagonist. Having some puzzles along the linear path doesn't make 4s levels any less shit.

5 > 3SE > 4SE > 1 >> DmCDE >>>>> 2

You'd have to be a dumbass to put 3 or 4 above 5. Both those games have tons of shitty bosses and enemies whereas 5 has no weak spots like that, unless you're a brainlet who cannot into V or a hothead who hates Nero.

I'm not arguing that, and i'd personally love a potential dogma 2 summoner class exactly like V, but you wanna talk out of place for the game lad there you go

they keep pulling off the combat and completely fucking up the level design

hopefully they'll try to replicate 1's design in dmc6, but probably not since this sold so well

Nah, I agree. I'd probably put 5 above 4:SE but V gameplay is trash so I can't argue anyone who doesn't.

Attached: 1551812321337.png (1067x625, 798K)

Not with those bosses is isn't. Look forward to there not being any cool videos of boss fights in the upcoming months, because you can't do shit.

1 (Honestly don't even know why I love it so much, didn't even play it first) > 5 > 3 > 4 > DmC > 2

>no 'nintendard puzzle shit'
>just action, you know, the point of the series?
Did you even fucking play 1 and 3?

4:SE is still the best at the moment. Will change once 5 gets bloody palace and more playable characters
5 will be infinitely better than the rest if Bloody Palace is coop

Attached: 1552133350457.jpg (600x450, 23K)

5 could use more quality bosses to be fair. The selection is sparse with Nidhogg and Gilgamesh being duds and Artemis being kinda lame too.

3 is fun but 4 and 5 improve on the gameplay in every way, especially 4SE.

More characters literally equals more gameplay.

Personally I didn't like the actual tower parts of DMC3 and the lack of style switching sucks dick.

Puzzles were one of the lowest points of 4

>unless you are a brainlet that cannot into V

He is literally press L1 to SSS rank. He is the most braindead DMC has been since just shooting everything in DMC2. Get fucked, worst part of the game by FAR.

5 > 4 = 3 > 1 = DmC > 2

>Did you even fucking play 1 and 3?
Yeah, and the puzzles were boring arbitrary shit there that took away from the combat, too, just like in 4.
Don't you have Super Mario Brothers to go play, or something?

But 5 has literally the worst level and boss deisng of the whole saga.

They could have released a 10 hours video of Dante taking a shit and people like you would love it "omg best game, they made it agai n xd xd"

That really, really doesn't mean they don't have an established place in the series, rather than being buzzworded as "Nintendo shit."

You do realize you're trying to be funny yet are BTFOing yourself?

>He is literally press L1 to SSS rank
yeah because the other DTs don't do the heavy lifting for you. retard

>heh, puzzles are Nintendo shit! Not the game!
>w-well yeah, they did always have puzzles
>b-but I didn't like them! Nintendo!
o b s e s s e d

user
They were pure trash

How do I buster Malphas? My arm just bounced off her even though she was downed

>It's a finished game with better combat
Where is bloody palace? Also, V segments
>better enemies
Literally only the ones from previous games, all orginal enemies in 5 are forgettable
>better bosses
You mean "easier"
>no obnoxious protagonist
Yet Nero and V exist
>Having some puzzles along the linear path doesn't make 4s levels any less shit
Doesn't make 5 better though

DMC 5 has a worse story and level design than DMC 2. Let that sink in a little.

Attached: 1483180851884.gif (400x310, 2.37M)

>I didn't like them
Great. Still part of the game.

Not like his do faggot, how are you actually defending V holy shit

She has to be down together with her chicken.
Then you stand on the chicken and buster Malphas herself.

>up your butt
how do you respond

Attached: d3ff926e7ec2492cd8560fa794c86c2a.jpg (836x1285, 447K)

3>1>DmC>5>4>2

Attached: Fuck you shadow.png (552x896, 241K)

>worst level design
No, you're thinking of DMC1 with it's pirate ship, forest maze, level reuse near the end, and the horribly stiff platforming. Or maybe you're thinking of DMC2 and its spastic Tony Hawk rails and swimming sections. Or DMC3 with its nonsense foyer, hell of elevators, disgusting little rotating tower, and that Tick Tock Clock knockoff room. Or DMC4 with that hyper backtracking bullshit and really dumbfuck progression blocks in the form of grapple points.

No, I'm not saying I didn't like them.
I didn't like them in 1 and 3.

But in 4, they were just horseshit smeared on a birthday cake.

Oh, shit, user. You just opened my eyes!

Do I need to charge it or the regular one will do?

>I didn't like them in 4
hey, at least they broke up the monotony of running forward in a grey tree and occassionally breaking to the left to find a nidhogg egg.

I believe I charged it, but you can do it with either. Charged one will do more damage.

It's literally 19 levels of the same evil corridor with darkness/goo/glyphoth around it. Oh and that first level in the city copied from DmC.

To be fair it kinda looks like a bad dragon.

>I didn't like them in 4
No, no

Read

>can't disprove anything he said, so I better just mock & spout random shit out-of-context!
Seethe harder that your kiddie sections are gone, underage lessor-than.

4>5=DmC>3>1>2
3 and 1 aged like milk.

What are you talking about dawg
>Bridge
>Downtown district
>Hotel
>Church & courtyard
>Big-ass sewer
>Library
And this is only the three missions

Retard

Why the fuck wont Capcom release DmC:DE on pc. It's the only one I havent played and fuck playing without a lockon.

Attached: 1513779946811.jpg (640x640, 36K)

I know it wasn't LITERALLY the same every time. But it was just as bad.

I know you want to justify your purchase. Other aspects were good, levels weren't.

>can't disprove
user, i'm not the one who said puzzles in DMC were Nintendo shit and not part of the series. Your constant strawmanning and absolute inability to post without literal reddit speak buzzwords lets me know you dont know how to end this.

You must be that kind of person. We know about your kind, you don't need to hide or anything.

I liked the levels.
Not as varied as DMC4 levels, but varied enough to not become stale.
Better than DMC1 or DMC3, for instance.

>The V backlash is already starting

Delicious

>3 and 1 aged like milk.

1 could be released tomorrow and still be deeper than most newer action games.

>Better than DMC1 or DMC3, for instance.
>DMC1

you mean the one with the most varied visuals, despite being set on a tiny ass island?

gameplay
5 > 4 = 3 > DmC > the rest

overall feel
1 > all

5>3>SE:4>1>DmC >2

Attached: 1551875149796.png (849x481, 273K)

i'd switch 1 and 4 but otherwise fucking this

Gameplay:
5 > 4 > 3

Story:
3>4>5

Art design:
4>3>5

Bosses:
5>=4>3

Overall:
3>4>5

The levels were closest to God Hand the series has seen (no filler """puzzles""", focus on the strength: combat, but without hurting the pacing by making it all back-to-back fights as arcade beat'em ups do) which automatically puts it in the running for best levels of the series.
I also liked how big arenas could get and the game had less flat arenas than the other games.

Attached: 1527274059497.jpg (443x335, 33K)

>it's all the same
>but not LITERALLY the same
you're a fucking retard m8.

3 is the best simply because it isn't a shitty nero game

>5
>worst boss design of the whole saga
absolute kek

Hallway arenas are cancer. Might as well say you don't give a shit about anything but gameplay mechanics in general like the absolute cuhrayzeefag sperg you are. DMC1 & 3 did backtracking right and provide them with a sense of place.

5=3>4:SE>1>2

DmC is not a part of the series in my opinion.

1 has aged poorly, couldn't play it today. It was very good back in the day tho.
2 was a disaster.
3 had good visuals, good music, good plot, good bosses, good weapons. It would be flawless if not for the backtracking and levels that look very similar design-wise.
4 was very good mechanics-wise, but it also suffered from backtracking. Main plot and final boss were terrible, but with Special Edition is a huge bag of good fun. In the end it offers more than 3, but it lacks the magic of it.
5 is going to be flawless after all the DLCs and Special Editions will be released. It suffers from mediocre Boss designs and same'y levels, but at least it's not straight up backtracking.

Capcom is back.

They're terrible, can't wait for all the Gilgamesh videos, amirite.

>needing dlc to be able to be complete
5 is awful and no dlc is going to fix it

Thank you
Will try again in a couple of hours

>4's story is terrible
>5's isn't
Not sure what you're smoking, but 5's story is considerably worse and more incomplete than 4

I ignore her because she fucking sucks

You know this is the same series with Griffon 2, shmup Mundus, infested helicopter and tank, Arkham 2, Gigapede, Leviathan Heart, a fucking window and the Savior right?

Stay angry, I love Nero

Are you fucking retarded? DMC3 and 4 both had "dlc", not that youd know since your first time playing the series was the hd collection on PC

3=5 in all honesty

Nostalgiafags are retarded, is 4 came out now people would rank it bellow 1, it's half a game and 3 has nowhere near the depth of 5 and half the bosses were trash and the game was stuffed with retarded puzzles noone wants to do, 5 is so clearly the best in the series in everything but story but the story has never been good or important, even then it's the second best.

>Might as well say you don't give a shit about anything but gameplay mechanics in general
Hey, if they could make puzzles as good as The Witness or exploration as good as Rain World then the game would benefit from that sort of design. But they don't. They never could. Which is why dropping it is the best choice.

>liking dantes mediocre replacement

Bloody Palace is confirmed freeLC coming in about a month, and no 5 has some decent original enemies such as Empusa queen.

Nero isn't nearly as angsty, annoying and obnoxious as he was in 4, he's growing into his own character and had plenty fun scenes and lines in 5. But of course you're a massive Yea Forums contrarian who will hate 5 until 6 comes out, so of course you prefer the out of place teenangst simulator that was Nero in 4.

4 is literally RELIGION BAD, POPE IS THE FINAL BOSS

5 is superior in every aspect. You have 3 playable point of views to the story, they build up on the DMC Lore with all the extra info we get and the only reason it wasn't surprising is because we knew who Nero is 11 years ago and DMC5 plot leaked before release.

Also Trailers, they revealed way too much, but that's the Nippon's way of marketing. They spoiled Gogeta before Super Broly release for example.

Sure, there bad bosses, but for every Griffon 2 (not surewhat your issue with this fight even is) there's a Nelo Angelo, or a Nightmare, for every Gigpede and Leviathan Heart there's a Nevan or Beowulf or Vergil, for every Saviour there's an Echidna or a fucking Dante.

I think the only DMC5 boss I actually like is Cavaliere

Your opinion isn't fact. Life gets easier once you accept that

>DUDE *4 dramatically differenc settings*
vs
>20 fucking levels of demonic ruins with varying degrees of demonic and ruins

>4 being better than 5
No.

>SE

unfair. Think about how long it took for SE to happen and even then the main flow of the game is still lackluster compared to 4. Yes, it has more content, but we will see what DMC5 looks like in 2 years.

So far,

5>3>4>1>2

>c*tholicism
>religion
Pick one

4 is literally just Nero being bland as can be while shouting KYRRIIEE and Dante not even pretending to care going way overboard with the funny wacky wohoo pizza act while the most boring villain of all time fullfills his generic open a demon portal evil plan. 5 has actual character development and Dante actually acts like something DMC dante would turn into.

I agree that for the most part, 1 had excellent bosses and is overall still a fantastic game (replayed it during the week in preparation for 5, so fresh hot opinions not clouded by years of subconsciously filtering away the bad) but Griffon 2 is fucking terrible. Griffon to begin with is a pretty bad boss because of its focus on ranged attacking, but Griffon 2 not only has the same focus on ranged attacking, it takes place in camera angle hell covered in obstructing terrain. It's not a hard fight mind you, just fucking boring and tedious.

>listing Nightmare
>listing input reading Dante and not Credo
5 also has Cerberus, V’s 3 demons and Vergil. And if you say Beowulf is good then Urizen and Malphas are at least decent

5 has more setting than that, half of it is in the city, some in resident evil like mansions and some by the coast with some but not that much corruption it's in ruins sure but it's nothing like inside the tree, then 3 of the levels take place on top or in the flashback dream world which is also quite different from inside the tree. DMC 5 has at the very least 3 different settings

>3 >5 >4:SE>1 >4>DmC >2

>Nero being bland as can be while shouting KYRRIIEE
Nero sells Kyrie, though. I ended up liking her quite a lot when most of what I know about her is essentially based on Nero.

Fuck off.
I loved 3 the first time but going back to it really isn't that fun most of the time. It's "that part" the game. Not a game I go back to often due to poor levels and regular enemies.
4, any version of it is half a disappointing game and half of it was with a fun character with no depth or a weak ass character with no levels and takes a lifetime to master. The SE on PC is buggy as shit too

truths but faggots tend to hate reality and anything negative, Even more linear corridors as well

4 has a simple story about Nero going muh Kyrie, he gives a shit about his waifu and Dante has a cool time messing around.
It works for Nero, since the order sets him up to show Kyrie that he is a demon and Dante helps him and trusts him enough to give him Yamato.

5 has no character development aside from V, whose entire character seems to be made null and void when he is merged right back into Vergil and Vergil immediately just wants to kill Dante.
Dante doesn't have any character development, he doesn't seem to care and just treat Vergil coming back as a bother.
Nero cares about Vergil being his daddy and is pissed about his arm, but they don't do anything with that.

It doesn't have any character development to speak of, and potentially good stuff like V's book being Vergils favorite childhood book is hidden away in the library rather than giving V a throwaway line

1 > 3 > whatever

Nero has character development in 5.
Dante has character development in 5.
Vergil has character development in 5.
Even fucking Griffon has character development in 5.

>Anor Londo reference when DMC4 predated DS1

What a gay you are

>whose entire character seems to be made null and void when he is merged right back into Vergil and Vergil immediately just wants to kill Dante.
without V's sacrifice Vergil would not have calmed down after getting slapped by Nero

At least that's way better than fucking 3.

>Griffon to begin with is a pretty bad boss because of its focus on ranged attacking

I disagree with this, DMC1 is not DMC3+, it's more like NGB. And like NGB had a rangedb ossfight against the Helicopter, so too does DMC1 have a ranged fight. Except this being DMC1 it's a little deeper than that and it is possible to melee him when he lands to slash you with his talons even before you fuck up his wing. But generally, his boss fight is about weaving between his lightning attacks and summoned wing while still shooting him down.

Nightmare is so deep, totally holds up today. Thanks for listing even more good bosses for me I guess? Urizen after eating the Fruit is a good fight, the 20 times you fight him before that is absolute bullshit however. I don't really like Malphas because as mostbosses in this game, she just runs away a lot and you pretty much have to use the Buster V gives you (which feels very anti-DMC to me) to slow it down...I might be missing something here but where's the depth? Even Cavaliere had sword clashing.

I'd agree with this even if DMC4 is a much better game technically than 1 and 3, 1 is aged but it revolutionized action gaming, still has some of the best levels and enemies/villians and when viewed in its own lens as a "actiony RE game" it's pretty solid. Plus the original use of Jackpot as a character motivational that one day Dante's gonna hit the jackpot and get revenge is pretty kino. 4 I think has too many unfinished development feels and Nero still didn't fully come into his own yet till V gameplay wise.

We can make level design arguments all day but 2-5 have all been equally shit to mediocre so I think we can't hold it against V, it's more of a it would've been a nice bonus thing.

Please explain how Dante at the start of 5 is different from Dante at the end of 5 as a personality or character

I get how he's supposed to be fought, I just found it boring and tedious because ranged combat always felt like a supplement to the meaty melee in DMC, including 1. Especially in 1 actually, since 1 lacks gunslinger.

I didn't get that impression at all and it seems like speculation to me.
If Vergil had learned shit from V, he wouldn't want to kill Dante all over again for very little reason, cared about Nero being his son and he should have felt remorse from the get go killing howevermany the blood tree murdered

>because I say so!

Attached: 1546135164237.jpg (640x360, 42K)

Thread should've had ended here

1 > 5 > DmC > 3 > 4 > 2

>I didn't get that impression at all and it seems like speculation to me.
what the fuck do you think the point of Vergil's nightmares being defeating was for? remember that this new Vergil still had a fruit-eating Urizen in him.

Only the slow mo at the end of every battle, and the fuck you from Nero, wow, what a bunch of shit....

Dante goes from woohoo pizza man to a serious bsns man to a wise man to a tired yet relaxed woohoo pizza man.

In the beginning, he tells Nero to fuck off 24/7, but after learning what's going on and seeing Nero suffering from a huge inferiority complex due to being told to fuck off Dante actually stops and tries to explain himself.
Through interaction with Nero and summons, he grows beyond his resentment for brother and can actually face him with a smile on his face after all those years - even if he's still aiming to kill him.
And after the Nero interfered at the last moment, Dante had finally realized the reason for them to fight to the death was already gone.

Griffon, Nightmare and Shadow aren't Vergils nightmares, watching mommy die is his actual nightmare, or being mundus bitch again, or becoming mundus maybe.

So no, that doesn't work

>1 is aged but it revolutionized action gaming

Again, DMC1 is not DMC3+, sure it had combos and stuff, but it was still more on how to kill the enemy than how to flex on them, they didn't even have that much health and you could even one shot some of them. Not dunking on DMC3+ but if you ever get tired of combo simulators and want to just fight enemies, DMC1 is your game.

But the Grenadegun isn't really a 'supplement' weapon though, any more than the bow in NGB. And I don't think it's tedious at all, on DMD his lightning patterns can destroy you if you're not careful and you can even use Meteor to get best damage if you're good enough.

Did you fall asleep during mission 18?

I thought people on this board jizzed at the idea of extracting plot information from item descriptions.

Also Dante totally passes the torch to Nero. He wanted to protect Nero from having to fight and kill his own family. He tried to keep Nero from having the same struggle as his. DMC has always and will always be shonen-tier stort telling.

Sure it's nice to see the story unfold but everyone who is a hardcore fan of the series has always and will always show up for the gameplay

Attached: 20190311170203_1.jpg (1920x1080, 573K)

i like this one.
the worst thing about 5 is how they did Trish dirty.
and nico might be to much of a caricature.

Combat is the end all be all for dmc games.

>He wanted to protect Nero from having to fight and kill his own family.

What was with Lady saying 'you'd never recover from that' when she did, they really going to pretend she has slight PTSD over it? Complete nonsense.

name 1 song that comes close to this

youtube.com/watch?v=PMxysjfVMDE

The way I fought Malphas was exceeding my air taunts during her teleport phases and then dumping big damage with a streak to get in then overcharging with Tomboy.

Nero has sooo many options to close distance and keep up with fast enemies

NOW KISS

5>1>3>4SE>2
I'm basing it on how much fun I had with each game

wccftech.com/devil-may-cry-5-data-mining-new-playable-character/

Dante explains stuff because Nero is asking and he couldn't withhold it any longer.
>Through interaction with Nero and summons, he grows beyond his resentment for brother and can actually face him with a smile on his face after all those years - even if he's still aiming to kill him.
That isn't what happens, Dante wants to kill Vergil, Nero interferes and goes "If I'll beat the fuck out of you, Vergil, you'll stop trying to kill Dante." Who accepts, Dante literally says 'whatever, fine with me' and he doesn't seem to care.

It isn't like he resents Vergil, he just goes "it is something i have to do/deal with" and treats it like a bother in 5. At the end when they're stuck fighting in hell he seems to have a good time, but that is it. They didn't sort out any differences, they're still fighting but not to the death.

Griffon flat out says that they're just Vergil's bad thoughts, not that are some sort of nightmare that he has to conquer

Yes, and enemy moveset is also part of combat...which is why I'm currently triggering myself defending DMC1 in this thread.

But her teleport phase is too fucking long, to go back to what I said earlier, enemy moveset is part of combat and her moveset is runaway bullshit. (Fucking FUCK Artemis too)

>Griffon flat out says that they're just Vergil's bad thoughts, not that are some sort of nightmare that he has to conquer

I think they represent his bad memories of Mallet Island/DMC1, a time in which he was used as a puppet.

> An unfinished game being above 5

Attached: unknown.png (326x286, 110K)

Combat
4 > 3 > 5 > 1
Story
3 > 1 > 4 >5 >2
OST
1 > 3 > 5 > 4 > 2
Fun
5 > 3 > 1 > 4 >2

what is even happening here

Only bosses matter. Every enemy in every game except Dmc4s blitz is just a sandbag for your combos

>That isn't what happens
That's exactly what happens. You are failing to read between the lines.
Your narrative makes the scenes of V minions, solo Vergil and before Vergil and Dante fight absolutely pointless. Meanwhile, they tell a story you had missed, user.

>implying

Attached: ka.jpg (973x794, 381K)

>Combat:
5 > 4 > 3 > 1 >>>>>>> 2
>Story:
3 > 5 > 1 > 4 >>>>>>> 2
>OST:
5 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 2
Overall:
5 > 3 > 1 > 4 >>>>>>>>>> 2

>imagine Trish getting pinned against a gray wall, that's the same color of her fucking boring bitch-ass character who imperonates moms becuase she's literally an unholy wretch with no dignity whatsoever, while at the same time the demon-whore who suckled Mundus' big red tri-balls and had so much piss-stained demon cum splurged all over her hair, it got dyed blond, is being fisted with pizza up her matrix-2000 black fetish pants ripped apart, so hard the term yeast infection gets a new meaning, and with her last whoreish, skanky, breaths she coughs up the crusty, hell-cum out her ps2-octagon mouth, leaving her dark soul unfilled, yet her ass stuffed to the brim

Attached: dante embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 19K)

>DMC1 has better story DMC4
GO AWAY DEMON YOU MAY HAVE HER LOOKS BUT I WILL FILL YOUR SOUL WITH LIGHT AND USE YOUR POWER

They say 'abominable thoughts' not something like trauma, repressed memories or something like that.
I don't see how V's minions are Vergils trauma even in the slightest

>Failing to read between the lines
It isn't there, flat out. Either show it or make a compelling argument, but don't tell me some bullshit

Idk how you can say the combat in 3 is better than 5 when 5 is just an improvement to 3. Unless you are talking about 3 with the mod to style switch in game. Even then you can switch to 4 guns / weapons and 4 styles right on the fly in 5. Each weapon also has more moves than those in 3. The only thing I can see you say here is that you liked the weapons in 3 which is fine that's just preference but mechanically 5 is much more complex even if you don't like the weapons as much.

T u r b o
Also no weapon or guard cancels

Well you have to take into account when it was written. Sure judging it now will make it look dated and cliche but it wasn't that much then.

>Not with those bosses is isn't

are you implying that 3 had good bosses besides vergil and beowulf

>It isn't there, flat out. Either show it or make a compelling argument, but don't tell me some bullshit
You were shown it. And your response had amounted to "no".

I mean she did have a chance to ice him earlier in the story but didnt because she was emotionally manipulated. It's not completely out of character for it to be a demon that haunts her.

and DMC 4's Dante and the Credo were the only good ones

5=3>4>1>2
Didnt play DmC

If her teleport phase is too long why is that a problem? Gives you ample time to max exceed and color up

>I don't see how there is character development for this character, show me
>read between the lines bro
What do you expect, for me to agree based on that?

Lol just get mods

>dmc4 dante
>good
That was a shit fight

2>DmC>1>4>3>FFXV>Dark Souls 2>God of War>Spiderman>TLOU>Roblox>pewdiepies game>5

>DMC4
>Good bosses
Legit the only good boss in 4 was credo.

>Virgin
>Lightening guy
>Big stomach guy
>Horse guy
>Demon king guy
Already more better bosses than DMC 3 +4

>Every enemy in every game except Dmc4s blitz is just a sandbag for your combos

DMC1 enemies weren't, even the Puppets in groups could murderyou if you didn't blitz them. Other than that you couldn't even launch most of them, all you could do was evade them and attack like you'd expect from a non combo based action game. Shadows are the best enemy of all time because they had amazing attacks, amazing animations and the fight was you trying to open them up (was it just me who tried shooting Shadow in DMC5 to see what happened?) while dodging them. One of the best moments in the game is going through Hard Mode for the first time and entering the hallway where you fight the Puppets in front of alastor and you hear the slow tapping of a Shadowsclaws and realize you're going to fight one on that cramped hallway.

Other than that, what else? Scissors? Can't be combo'd, reward game knowledge with a oneshot kill, then they added enemies like them in DMC3/4 but made them not one-shottable so they're really fucking annoying because of their intangibility.

Frosts/Assaults/Nobody - all about dodging their attacks and either one shotting them in the case of Assaults or taking advantage of elemental weakness like you can with Ifrit against Frosts.

Don't drag DMC1 down with the rest of the series.

300 iq post

DmC:DE legit just adds in mods that are already available on PC.

Yea well you are gay

Berial, Bael and Echidna were completely acceptable bosses and fun to fight
Agnus, Sanctus and Dante are fine
Credo is fantastic
Window and Savior suck

4 is still king of combat
3 is still king of OVERALL
5 is my favorite for right now. But i really need that bloody palace and turbo capcom.

Also Rebellion > DSD

Thanks for exposing you dont know what youre talking about

Attached: 1539650909941.jpg (1080x1350, 159K)

Idiots think hard = good but Dante was just an unfair cheese fight

>5 has character development
What do you mean? Everyone is literally the same from start to finish except for V who is gone. Dante is this still the wacky manchild, Virgil is still as autistic as ever. the only one who changed is Nero but he didnt change in the game but between 4 and 5 which we dont see developed at all.

Attached: 1552243395587.png (800x587, 504K)

And Nevan, and Cerberus, and AgniRuda..

DmC > 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit > 5

Attached: 1524158371613.jpg (500x500, 26K)

You were shown specifically where to look and were specifically told what exactly contradicts your position.
Your response was "no".

DMC is so dramatically different I don't even consider it a dmc game.

Dante is an input reading cunt, that fight was just boring

>5
>Virigin
>Yea sorry
Shit ass character development

I play on console so I don't have access to your mods for turbo. :^(

>Shadows are the best enemy of all time
Shadows are literally a worse Blitz.

Cerberus and Nevan boring as fuck. Honestly DMC3 only has 3 good bosses, Beowulf, AgniRudra and Vergil

based Embarrassing poster

Pretty much. After this mess we are getting DmC 2 for sure. Which is what they should have done in the first place. Best part is, it will be only xbox so we wont have to deal with censored sony shit and pc fags crying over muh fps all the time.

You just claimed its there, that there is some narrative and that is it, you didn't even explain what you meant.

Dante learns to move past his feud with Vergil and goes from trying to protect Nero to respecting him and letting him cover the human world, the same trust that lets him repair his relationship with Vergil. Vergil grew from his experience as V and finally learned that there is more to power than sacrifice which is why he is willing to try to form a relationship with Dante and Nero

Maybe he means the super saiyan god super saiyan power boosts but not actual character development.

DmC>5>3

The rest are not even worth playing. Bayonetta is what DMC should've been.

DmC sold less than fucking DMC2 user. They are never gonna deal with that reboot universe again.

He did not learn shit from V. He only backed down when Nero beat his ass and even then acted autistic in the whole "next time" shit. Then he just goes back to fighting Dante in hell.

3>1>5>4>2

your opinion is controversial now that vee is on honeymoon phase and 5 is the second coming of christ

1>3>5>4>DmC>2

Sorry, this is the factual ranking,

Attached: Consider the following.jpg (1080x1920, 306K)

3SE with style switcher mod 5>4SE>3SE>3>4>1>DmC>>

Attached: breedpestilence.png (411x443, 174K)

5 games and only 6 good booses.
Nelo Angelo 3
Credo
Vergil 2
Vergil 3
Cavalier
Vergil 4

Sad

based

5 fails because of boring locales, predictable story, no legendary dark knight, boring bosses and lame unlockables

>Nevan
Fucking chore
>Cerberus
dude swordmaster lmao
>agni rudra
dude cerberus revolver lmao

Nice headcanon but the first thing Virgil wanted to do after merging back with V is fight dante. He only agreed to go with Dante because he got beat. And they're still going at it as usual in hell so the rivalry continues.

At least it was an actual game. DMC 5 is just fanservice. Why are half of the characters there? What was even the ultimate outcome? There is nowhere for the story to go now. Nero is a powerhouse like Dante now, whats next? Nero's sons? Female DMC protag? I think the reason capcom stopped making DMC is because they were just out of ideas. Then fans forced this shit. The best we can hope for is a DMC 1 remake

>DmC
>Good
>Spam the same 3 hit combo over and over for a SSS rank
>Awful weapon designs
>Enyx is the worst fist based weapon in all of action games, fucking Hercules gantlets from GoW3 are better

gr8 b8 m8

Attached: Smile.png (810x1038, 1.09M)

Well, it has the best gameplay of the series, that's a fact.
And in the end gameplay>everything else.

>LE DARK SOULS
die in a fire

Do you think all Vs dialoge was for nothing? Why do you think he didn't just go to the underworld solo like in 3 rather than accept defeat and move forward WITH Dante. Why do you think he gave the book to Nero. Vergil is still prideful but you can not tell me to Vergil we saw at the beginning of the game ripping Neros arm off is the same one giving him to book and slinging bants while having a friendly duel with Dante

No, because Blitz take way longer to kill, have worse attacks and aren't always targetable.

>Plot
3 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 2 > DmC
>Gameplay
5 > 4 > 3 > 1 > DmC > 2
>Music
5 = 1 > 3 = 4 > 2 > DmC

These shitposts are hilarious honestly, I appreciate the effort user

Attached: 416B2BDA-DA0A-4A9A-96CA-800C85ABF74D.gif (550x400, 1.59M)

>Spam the same 3 hit combo over and over for a SSS rank
They patched that though.

You're all faggots

Attached: no saving me.png (376x438, 265K)

That's weird considering it started the series but at least you acknowledge it's a different type of action game and not a prototype of DMC3 I guess.

nah

The fuck is wrong with your brightness settings? I never had trouble seeing things in 5.

>Dante learns to move past his feud with Vergil
Their rivalry was never was a feud, until Vergil wanted to take Dante's necklace and take daddy's power, and Dante just went that he has to stop him, no matter what.
Why feels he has to kill him in 5 isn't really explored and he just treats it as a bother. He isn't angry, regretful, sad or determined to fight revived Vergil.

>trying to protect Nero to respecting him and letting him cover the human world
He already respected Nero when he gave him Yamato in 4, he called him a dead weight because he was one

>Vergil grew from his experience as V
He didn't, he wants to kill Dante all over again. If he had learned from it, he'd be at least a bit regretful, care for Nero being his son, the fact that he ripped his own son's arm out or try and repent for planting a tree of mass destruction in some way.
He only agrees not to murder Dante when Nero slaps the fucking shit out of him.

>DmC
>Good plot
>Literally just copy and paste plot from the movie They Live
>Out of date political messages
>Sparda was never actually some big hero in the DmC Universe but for some reason all the Demons know him

He would have fucking killed Nero in that last fight don't even pretend. It was all for nothing which is why people are mad. V was a wasted character who should have brought redemption to Vergil, instead we had dues ex machina with Nero getting devil trigger out of nowhere to save the day and resolve everything in 1 mission

V gets SSS by pressing L1
Dante gets SSS by abusing Sin DT
Nero gets SSS by charging breakers.
But i guess its okay when japan does it

>Cerberus and Nevan boring as fuck.

Can't say I agree there, Nevan's attacks are fun to parry, and fucking her shield up instantly makes you feel like a God.

>The actual state of DmC defenders

One big jojo reference

>using fucking God Hand as the high mark for level design in action games

Holy fucking shit you're an idiot. Comparing the level design in this game to God Hand would be a legit insult.

Attached: 1547227345430.jpg (300x300, 19K)

Bayonetta is a noticable chunk below the other action genres. It's an S to dmc's SSS

>Patched
No they didn't. They only fixed it in the definitive edition which sold like 10k copies, and even then its an option you have to turn on, it's not on by default

Well he was Mundie's second so they would have known him. He was also made the example to all demons

>tfw we can genuinely discuss a newly released AAA game as the best one in its franchise
This is the best timeline.

Why do you think he gives Nero the book? The entire point of V is to show the Vergil side you don't get to see, he even says as V "I realised the gravity of the crimes I commited" do you think that's just a throwaway line?

>tfw you ordered the DMC5 Collector's Edition
In case you don't know, most people who pre-ordered one have yet to get one. Only a few got shipped out over the weekend and many people are getting told it will be shipping starting April 11th at the earliest. This problem is affecting people in both the US and Canada and seems to affect you regardless of how early or late you pre-ordered. People who ordered back in December 2018 are getting fucked the same people who ordered in January 2019.

AMAZON EXCLUSIVITY IS PURE CANCER. FUCK AMAZON.

Also, please share your personal info or anecdotes about this situation if you too pre-ordered it. Did you get yours yet? What does your tracking info say? What has Customer Service told you? Where do you live? [which coast and which country at least]

Attached: 04-5.jpg (546x416, 44K)

He didnt even know he had a son until the end of DMCV he just thought it was just some asshole who stole his Yamato and got it back. Virgil was never opposed to teaming up, they did that against Arkham too, after that was settled they just went back to their rivalry bullshit. Just like they did at the end of DMCV when they were dueling again in hell.

>replying to bait

This post doesn't take into account that you can play each boss in DMC3 wildly different depending on what style you use (and even Gigapede has cool tricks to do, for as much as everyone likes to meme on him).

Retarded opinion. Bayonetta was killing DMC in terms of gameplay till 5. Now they are both their own things and actually have interesting aspects to their gameplay which separates them

Delusional

>Can't wrap his head around the fact that a character who is obsessed with power and strength would change his view after someone bests him

That and S ranking missions is pretty much just based red orbs now. You can be a slow ass and just shoot everything and get D-C ranks for style and still get an S if you never get hit.

What the fuck Capcom?

People genuinely consider Bayo better than dmc and I disagree wholeheartedly.

>The best we can hope for is a DMC 1 remake

No thank you, especially if Kamiya's not involved.

They didn't put definitive on pc which is a real fucking loss.

Vergil is as much Urizen as he is V, more Urizen really, but the point of V was to show him going through internal character development without changing what people like about vergil too much, but the change still shows in how he for example deals with loss, look at dmc 3 and dmc 5 how he reacts to losing

Youre absolutely delusional user

5 > 4SE = 3SE > 1 > 2

so I started SoS and I got this, and I'm on PC
it was uncensored when I played it on DH

Attached: U0WfiYV.jpg (1609x884, 69K)

At least I am not a retard like you

You are aware that the dueling in hell was playfull sparring right? That's why they counted a point whenever someone took a knee instead of popping a devil trigger

Only 4 combo autismos disagree

>story
3>5>4>1>2
>gameplay
5>4>3>1>2
>visuals
5>4>3>1>2

Attached: jackpot.jpg (1920x1080, 454K)

Read the posts, you dingus.
>Griffin tells Dante they are fragments of Vergil's consciousness and wish him luck facing Vergil.
What you've missed is that Griffin essentially hints Dante Vergil wants to be saved as the wishes of the minions are ultimately Vergil's wishes - even if latent.
Dante, meanwhile, gets the message.
>Vergil contemplates his and Dante's fates and asks himself are "consequences" at fault.
What you've missed is Vergil realizing it's no one's fault he ended up being an autistic power-hungry faggot. Dante's dialogue with Urizen before their final fight suggests that's actually important.
>Dante and Vergil have a chit-chat before the fight and smile at each other
What you've missed is the immense difference in attitude Dante had there compared to the first Vergil's appearance.

By the end of the fight, they already lost the reason to kill each other, they were just continuing what they had started because it felt like a necessary thing to do.
When Nero stops them - he ruins the atmosphere and makes everything awkward. The brothers realize how stupid is everything and their battle to the death seamlessly changes into a battle to a win.
It's Vergil who says "If I win against him - I by default win against you, agreed?" - It's not a fight to the death anymore. It's just a competition.
Nero is being ultra-salty and tryhard is kinda hilarious, though.

If Vergil realized how fucked up his search for power is and changed, then why does he try to kill Dante again?
Why doesn't he care about his own son and ends up fighting him?
Why doesn't he try to repent before Dante shows up to murder him? Motherfucker just sits at the top of the tree.
Nero could have stayed home, Vergil and Dante would have fought to the death and that would have been the end.

Then V's character development is made null and void all over again.

>Devil Hunter mode
yea no shit it's easier. In DmC you could still get SSS on DMD mode by just spamming

thats because DMC 5 has some of the highest hights and some of the lowest lows for the series

Nah other than graphics no way is 4SE better than 3SE

Bayo isn't even on par with dmc3 let alone 4.

Nintendies and journos hardly count as people

>4:SE >5
user, stahp

Not true. Look up any old review for the game when it came out.
The story was always listed as the low point of the game, and considered trash.

Hows the cope?
metacritic.com/game/pc/bayonetta

Mine is supposedly out for delivery today. Bitched at amazon and got an upgrade to 1-day shipping. I preordered in December of last year.

I think this is probably Capcom supply chain's fault. They failed to have the collector's edtion to amazon on time yo meet street date.

I just pre-loaded a digital copy on Ps4 and beat it day 1 because I'm not a poorfag

Because Vergils entire character is pride he is more Urizen than V but he still is willing to repent he just excuses it with "the roots will interfere with out bussinies, it's not like I want to help or anything" notice how he has no problem tagging along with Dante. He also does care about his son, that's why he gives him the book

I don't know how people can say 3 is better than 4, even with 4 being half finished it's hard to go back to 3 because of style switching.

Blitz doesn't take longer to kill.
Blitz also gives you multiple options for approaching him.
Blitz also doesn't degrade into shoot > jump > repeat with literally no other inputs in-between.
Blitz also presents more challenge after you've learned the patterns.

Live in Ohio btw, mine shipped out of seattle

Aside from DMC 1, all the bosses were trash.

I could not get less of a fuck about metacritic.

You have really good taste, user.

Attached: tyson_son.jpg (650x367, 100K)

>Nero is being ultra-salty and tryhard is kinda hilarious, though.
Poor guy has to deal with being the least powerful descendant of Sparda. Of course, the other two are like 18 years his seniors.

>Bayo shitters liking DmC the most
Not even suprised.

Because nostaligafags are bad at the game and can't into style switching anyways, the combat is what makes the series worthwhile, and it has improved from every game since the first if you disregard 2

This sums it up pretty well. Dante and Vergil are still acting like children

>Why feels he has to kill him in 5 isn't really explored
Because he was indirectly responsible for the demon tree and the deaths of thousands of innocents.

Quite a lot of people do

shh its ok user. I have evidence to support my claim and you just have nothing. Please leave the thread -

>based on red orbs now
Thats a blatant fucking lie. It's based entirely off style now. And there really is no need for the time anymore since the levels are linear now with no puzzles.

>the wishes of the minions are ultimately Vergil's wishes
So killing Dante again? What are you even trying to say?
>Vergil realizing it's no one's fault he ended up being an autistic power-hungry faggot.
The throwaway line where he goes "would you be in my place if our fates were switched?" That one was sudden and it doesn't lead to anything
>immense difference in attitude Dante had there compared to the first Vergil's appearance.
Sure, Dante likes fighting and this isn't a fight to the death
>The brothers realize how stupid is everything and their battle to the death
That doesn't happen, and Vergil actually contradicts that when he fights Nero and wants it to count as a victory over Dante if he beats Nero.

At best these things just hint to character development, but it doesn't actually happen. The characters do not show a change in personality.

Blitzes can be beaten extremely fast in 4, RG feedback with gilgamesh straights or fullhouse, pandora's box opening, shotgun JC, Lucifer climax. Only Nero is limited to charge shot 3 because lack of moves.
Not sure how shadows in 5 are supposed to be countered/fought. From what I've seen its parry attack, get like 3 quick attacks in and they go back to zipping around?

third post best post

>Blitz doesn't take longer to kill.

Yes hedoes, you can nearly be done with killing a DMD Shadow before you've even removed a Blitz' electricity.

>Blitz also gives you multiple options for approaching him.

Such as

>Blitz also doesn't degrade into shoot > jump > repeat with literally no other inputs in-between.

Yeah, the Shadow IS trying to kill you the entire time, that's why your jumping and shooting, and there's no 'devolving' here, guns in DMC1 are actually useful in the game beyond combo filler/extender, that's by design.

>Blitz also presents more challenge after you've learned the patterns.

To each his own on that, I find them a chore no matter what because of their stupid gimmick.

The opinions of journalists are a knock against your stance if anything desu.

tfw i never beat 3 and it's gonna be really hard to go back to it after 5

Attached: maxpin.jpg (200x200, 6K)

No real need to. All the Definitive Edition did was copy mods from the PC version and add them into the console version of the game. Both versions sold like shit regardless and is widely hated so it really doesnt matter

git gud retard

but all of these are better in 5, fuck your dice games and fuck chimeras

>Bayo has better combat than DMC
>Bayo
>Spam dodge and win even on highest difficulty
>""""""""better combat"""""""""""""

>no u

But the highest difficulty doesn't let you stop time with dodge user

>So killing Dante again? What are you even trying to say?
During the mission, Dante says "they know they don't stand a chance, why are they trying?"
Ther are non-threat to Dante and they know it.
>That one was sudden and it doesn't lead to anything
It does, you're just stupid.
>Sure, Dante likes fighting and this isn't a fight to the death
It would've been were Nero not to stop them.
>That doesn't happen
It does, you're just too stupid.

This. 4 is overrated af

Objective answer: 3>1>5>4>2

Dodge Offset was the best addition to the genre in years, and the main gimmick for Bayonetta in Witch Time, was the most fun reward mechanic in tthe genre since DMC3 Royal Guard.

>game journos are irrelevant unless they support my narrative

The absolute state of nu-Yea Forums

Yea I know. I still beat it by spamming dodge.

How dense are you, all your arguments and ideas are based on you thinking all lines that show character development are wasted or thrown away so it fits your headcannon, the nightmares knew they couldnt beat Dante, Vergils line wasnt a throwaway. Not him btw

1 > 3 > 4 > DmC > 5 > 2

You're Objectively wrong.

It is your fault that you are too stupid to fullhouse, RG, fullhouse, rg, fullhouse rg and in 2 seconds flat his electricity down.

>It would've been were Nero not to stop them.
Which shows that Vergil doesn't have character development, that everything that V did was pointless and Dante doesn't make even the slightest effort to try and patch things up with Vergil

>DMC1 is the best
Why even play action games if you just want Resident Evil?

>Yes hedoes, you can nearly be done with killing a DMD Shadow before you've even removed a Blitz' electricity.
DMD Blitz can be killed in like 15 seconds, I believe.
>Such as
Guns, Royal Guard, DT superarmor, Pandora, Lucifer.
Even Nero has half a choice with Maximum Bet.
>your jumping and shooting
You missed the "no other input" part. Shadow can just start endlessly spamming the spear.

You're just piggybacking off the other guy who answered my honest question for you in an attempt to sound good at the game, fuck off.

Are you telling me you cannot dodge every attack in DMC? That would seem like a very poor dodge mechanic

Note: I did not include DmC because it's not a devil may cry game.

>Which shows
everything that I said.
It also shows that you're incapable of following the stories unless they are simplified to the extent that requires literally zero thought process from you.

Move over scum proper ranking comming through
Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call>2>DmC>1>4>3>5

1 has some very questionable decisions which make me worry if people actually praise those things too.
Shit like clunky swimming missions, dropping players in the middle of a huge ass arena with dozens of paths to take without giving any real indication of what to do, missions where you will be fucked if you drop the game for a bit and forget what you were supposed to do.

5 already has serviceable light exploration with optional hidden paths in some missions. I would be OK if they dwelled on those a bit more, as well as making more cohesive environments which need less invisible walls; but I prefer them to work upon those foundations rather than retreading to 1 and adding gimmick puzzles and setpieces just because that was popular for early 3D games.

youtu.be/kfCeBOZHwxg

>copy and paste plot from the movie They Live
did you even watch they live or are you parroting that shitty article that says DmC is better than DMC5 because it has a message like they live?

I wish there was more unique arena layouts, the fight on the escalators in the subway station was pretty rad but that's pretty much the only really wacky arena.

>During the mission, Dante says "they know they don't stand a chance, why are they trying?"
I don't understand what you are trying to say. Your first argument was something along the lines of V's minions being Vergils nightmare, that Vergil wants to be saved

>It does, you're just stupid.
Tell me what it leads to then, retard. Because at the end Vergil still wants to kill Dante and he would have if Nero hadn't shown up.

>It does, you're just too stupid.
It doesn't, prove me wrong

It's an issue with the way Platinum designs their dodge mechanic's. They give you way too many invincibility frames. In Bayo when you dodge you are invincible from the start of the animation to a few frames after its already ended. In DMC you are only invincible during the roll so if you dodge too late you still get hit.

If DMC 1 is the best then the series is absolute ass which has made no improvement in 20 years

yea. it feels like the game was designed with 1 big map in mind and then diversified sections. it does feel samey at some points bcs of the assets so stuff liek the subway station stick out.

>Shit like clunky swimming missions

The swimming parts COMBINED are about 1o minutes long.

>dropping players in the middle of a huge ass arena with dozens of paths to take without giving any real indication of what to do

Said no one ever.

>if you drop the game for a bit and forget what you were supposed to do.

That's entirely on you.

>I don't understand what you are trying to say
>Tell me what it leads to then
You were literally told what it means and what it leads to, though.

What about the elevators you can actually knock demons off?

>I just won't tell you how I am right or show you, deal with it
Okay, you're full of shit and a retard then

>didn't even try to patch things up with Vergil

To be fair every single time Dante had seen Vergil from DMC3 and on he was at the center of a demonic disaster. The man is always costing innocent people their lives, why should Dante forgive someone who has wiped out two cities?

>Spending hours talking about which one is better like it stops you from playing the others
They all have good and bad things about them, why worry about it when you could be playing any of them right now instead?

Dude he explained exactly what it lead to reread the conversation

>I just won't tell you how
I literally told you, though. Literally.

It never got even close to be as bad as 2.
And it never did dumb shit like having a tableboard minigame or idiotic shmups sections.

Its flaws are much more negligible than that of the other games.

its the purpose of these threads. to see where some consensus might lie.

i think dmc 5 has very good and very bad things and i want to see if other players recognized the same flaws/assets

You're neglecting the various attacks rhat can also be used for evasion, Nero's shuffle and Dante's Balrog stuff. Trickster is also hilariously safe and can now infinitely chain dashes.

>Story
3 > 5 > 4 > 1
>Gameplay
5 > 4 > 3 > 1
>Music
3 > 4 > 5 > 1

Attached: 1540002280345.jpg (2782x3600, 3.48M)

You just want to make yourself feel better.
>"Oh yea! My friends on Yea Forums agree with me!"
>"I am so smart!"

i agree but with the lows i pretty much mean design decisions exclusively

Because it is his brother, Vergil's motives and trauma is pretty clear and Dante very clearly cares about Vergil at the end of 3, since he cries over him.

I'd be fine with it if Dante was actually angry at Vergil for doing this shit again, that he is becoming like Mundus, that he learned nothing from 3 or that he dishonors their fathers legacy - something like that, that makes sense rather than just treating it like an annoying burden he has to deal with.

>Lowest lows in the series
No that still goes to DMC3. DMC5 only has 1 bad boss and no shitty platforming, in DMC3 half the bosses are shit and the platforming is very awkward.

Dante always plays it cool even when he is upset or mad

5 has the worst story and some terrible, sudden moments.
>Nero's phonecall triggers DT
>That awful scene with Niko and Nero in the van where she goes 'cry bitch'
Also some really, really bad music like Subhuman, King Cerberus' theme

I wish I had a lightning gf

Unironically this

>Entire story boils down to Nero saying "You guys don't have to destroy the world every time you want to fight" and the other two being too stupid to realize that on their own

I want a game where we see how stupid Sparda was because all of his descendants are high functioning retards

Attached: 1541731250223.png (500x514, 179K)

So if your brother was responsible for the destruction of multiple cities and showed no signs of changing for the better you'd try to talk it out? You can be sad and upset about having to fight your family but it's very clear that Vergil is too damn strong and too dangerous to be left alone

>That awful scene with Niko and Nero in the van where she goes 'cry bitch'
The joke that came out of that scene is comedy gold, don't know what you're talking about m8.

Those things can be done with him playing it cool and hiding his emotions, although in 3 he is pretty damn determined and reasonably emotional with his cheesy dialogue

>"You came back with another tower, killed some more people. Decided to shame our father's name a bit more, huh?"
With the right delivery it'd be perfectly in character, make sense and work

Not talking about him letting Vergil go, just some emotions, mixed or not, rather than absolutely nothing
>Showed no signs of changing for the better you'd try to talk it out?
There was hope when V was around and talked about the gravity of his sins, but that went down the pisser.

It is just sad to think about how bad the writing in this is.

Requesting Vergil edit of this

Attached: 1434024798090.png (188x389, 17K)

>Jester
>get stabbed triggers DT
>even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one
3 was the exact same

>It is just sad to think about how bad the writing in this is.
The writing is good, though.
The story makes sense and it's great.
They managed to redeem Vergil in the best possible way.

For me it's
3se>4se>3>DmCde>4>DmC>1>2

>But maybe even a Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition: Dante's Awakening when he loses a loved one

By the way, did Devils Cry? I mean, not on the inside.
I mean, aside from Nero crying the whole game after being called dead weight.

>featuring dante from devil may cry

>Nero's phonecall triggers DT
>DMC3 Dante gets stabbed with his own sword
>Somehow triggers DT

3 actually had great writing, considerable character development.
Jester is meant to be annoying and silly, Dante's DT gets triggered because it seems to be the first time that somebody mortally wounds him
And
>even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one
is a great, cheesy but it works and it is well delivered.

>5
>Vergil redeemed
He in no way is redeemed, he is still a massive dick, doesn't care about his own son, wanted to kill Dante and might have succeeded before Nero beat the flying fuck out of him
Are you stupid?

Where's 5 in all that though.

Bosses were plenty a good, you can do a lot of shit with them

why even play dmc when you can play marlow briggs instead

How do I get gud with Dante? I'm doing fine and acing shit with Nero, but I'm doing mediocre work with Dante.

>first time that somebody mortally wounds him
>First cutscene of the game is Dante getting stabbed 5 times at once

>Are you stupid?
Are you? Vergil gave up on the idea of killing Dante before he fought with Nero. Nero did stop them from killing each other, but not by fighting Vergil.

There is such a very small percentage of enemies and most of the game is a walk in the park.

Dante's attitude towards needing to off Vergil seems pretty consistent with DMC3, with telling both Nero and Lady that this was his job. He didn't really show much emotion other than conviction to do what needed to be done, only crying after the deed was done. Seeing as he got interrupted before he could finish the job and his general good attitude in the end he seems pretty happy with the result.

5 is the best along with 3

>all these fucking posers trying to earn clout by claiming they like 3 or 4 the best, inevitably and always putting 2 at worst

lol

I agree. 1 is my favorite, but I think overall this is how I place things.

Defend Gilgamesh

How is 2 not by far the worst? 3 is a classic and 4 had the best combat before 5

>entirely off style now
But it's not and you'd know this if you played DMD and Hell and Hell where you can literally go through shooting everything get D in style and still get an S as long as you don't get hit.

The style points transfer into red orbs and you get bonus red orbs for doing shit. Urizen drops a fuck ton of red orbs in the prologue which gives you guaranteed S rank despite what your style was.

you press the buttons dog

The intro stabs he casually takes without seeming to mind, the stab from Vergil actually makes him lie and stay down for a bit.

It is inconsistent because DMC is like that, but my point stands.

>Vergil gave up on the idea of killing Dante
Vergil flat out sits on top of the tree, waiting for Dante so they can battle to the death. Where do you get the idea that Vergil doesn't want to kill Dante?

>Vergil doesn't want to kill Dante
>But Nero has to come up, beat the fuck out of Vergil and make him agree that if he beats him killing Dante is off the table.
Its nonsense

Sure it is his job, but it just doesn't work if he doesn't show the slightest emotion. It is as close to apathy as he can be and still deciding to do it.

Fun and cinematic although not mechanically deep

You can actually stay on top of him the whole time but it becomes increasingly difficult.
Also, while he's a "hit the spot" boss, he's pretty hard and also a faggot that crawls over buildings and shit.
Not the best boss out there, but among the better takes on this kind of a boss.

>Where do you get the idea that Vergil doesn't want to kill Dante?
Both Dante and Vergil lost all desire to kill each other after Nero stopped them.

I thought Gilgamesh was a rad alien type boss.

Controversial opinion, but 1 remains my favorite. The gameplay has only improved with each iteration, but I think 1 still has the best music/level design/bosses/etc.

1 > 3=5 > 4 > 2 >>>>>>dogshit > DmC

>Subhuman
What were they fucking thinking?

5 is the only one that comes somewhat close to 1s atmosphere

If only 4 was allowed to be finished... 5 would be very different today.

I noticed something.
Going through the each game Dante never seems to be in danger, he kept a cool head or showed attitude even after taking heavy damage. Until 5 where he gets thrown around like a ragdoll, gets exhausted, stays down after fights.

In 4 he gets the least levels and does not beat the final boss. 5 is like that too, if you exclude V getting the least amount of levels. The themes of 4 and 5 in the ending cutscenes is that of a passing of the torch to a new generation.
I think that Itsuno wants to do away with Dante. Nero gets a team of sorts with Nico, new gameplay mechanics including a power up that allows him to "kill" a powered up Dante, and a rent free use of the Devil May Cry brand.

Will DMC 6 be Nero only?

More like: instead of playing the fucking saga and enjoy it I rather shitpost for hours.

3 = 5 > 1 = 4 >>>>>>>>>>> 2
This is the objective truth

>bosses
yeah I love fighting the same mediocre guys five times each. mmmmmmMMMm shmup section! yummy!

>Will DMC 6 be Nero only?
I doubt it, it would be a huge downgrade from 4, unless he gets a ton of new mechanics. They will probably introduce more new playable as well.

Are you actually implying that 2 is better than DmC?

DmC is trash but it's still better than 2

Attached: 1511517798968.png (531x435, 94K)

>Nelo Angelo
>mediocre
I will find you and skin you alive

huge downgrade from 5*

My thoughts exactly, I just can't enjoy 4 as much as the others

It's been floating around for some time so don't thank me

Attached: 1552242545986.jpg (300x621, 27K)

Poor man's Credo and easily broken by simply using the ground combo over and over. Come at me.

>mediocre

No, there may be a limited selection, but they are all good. Nightmare is deeper than any boss inthis fucking game that's for sure.

>five times each

At least they change each time

What combo?

T, T, swivel the left stick, T, T, swivel, T, T, swivel, repeat

My ass is deep but that doesn't mean it's full of shit. Nightmare has lots of shitty gimmicks to it but it's still a terrible fight with boring attack patterns and zero room for creativity.

For a game as old as DMC1 the fact that you can fight him like, 3 different ways and he has a defined ruleset and isn't just designed around looking cool or has any BS (Look at the Lumen Sage in Bayonetta 2, absolute garbage fight) is impressive.

And he's way harder than Credo. Much like DMC1 is way harder than DMC4.

>Gilgamesh
>hard

>Nero's grappling platforming is still in
>Qilphoth still has some
>secret missions in general
dumbass snoyboy

>And he's way harder
Well if difficulty is how we judge boss fights all of a sudden that you have no other arguments, I guess both fights lose to I Wanna Be The Guy.

5 > 3 > 4 > 1 > DmC > 2

My man.

Attached: 1488837564914.gif (540x400, 1.61M)

He hasn't got gimmicks, what are you talking about? Almost everything about Nightmare rewards you with more openings. es, even the Nightmare realm when you sink into him can be used strategically. As far as creativity goes, there's playing him right or playing wrong and not understanding him, but his dance is still fun, not every boss needs to be fodder for 'beat without touching the floor' compilations or whatever.

Still working my way through the series, but how many weapons/guns does each game allow you to hold at a time? Which ones (3-5) let you switch styles on the fly?

Actually Arkham and his alias Jester are meant to show the extremes of the Sparda sons personality.

Jester is overly cocky and wacky while Arkham is devoid of any love for his family and only feigns it to protect his interests

It's not but I dunno' if it's just me but I sorely lament the fact that this genre actually used to be hard and reward skill, and now they're all super easy, DMD doesn't mean shit anymore in this series, it used to be a question of if you could defeat it and now it's just a question of when,

> Enemy design in 4
> Literally every enemy is designed for Nero and sucks to fight as Dante

> Swords that stay in the ground for fucking ever
> Those fucking vines that posess the enemies and stop you doing any air combos so you have to use exclusively gunslinger unless you only want to do 2 hit combos.
> Blitz; lol what if you just shoot and dodge for 2 minutes, get 1 combo, then shoot and dodge for another 2 minutes!!
> Ice faggots that fuck off and snipe you, and also occasionally hide in ice shields to regenerate
> Raptor shield faggots that fuck off and snipe you with invisible projectiles
> Puppets that are constantly moving and you can never tell what's a random undulation, what's a windup to an attack, and what's actually damaging.

I learned to deal with them, but fuck me every enemy in 4 is pretty much designed to be as annoying as possible. 5 shits all over 4's enemy design, almost all of them are way more fun to fight.

Attached: 40,000 anime girls.png (104x135, 13K)

le devil may cry 2 is bad meme, nigger it's the worst dmc game, but it's still better than 70% of the games ever released, that final battle is pure fucking vidya KINO, one of the best final boss battles in all of vidya, of all time

also people ranking DmC over DMC2? fucking really? bunch of fakers and zoomers who didn't even play it, this place has become worse than reddit

Attached: 1460393986689.png (1334x750, 755K)

Yo, I love Dante in this and all, but he's not a patch on the goofy and crutal mix of DMC1/3 Dante that DMC4 Dante was. And on top of that, his humanity shines the brightest, ending in the scene where he gives the Yamato to Nero because "That's the only kind of gift worth giving" which is a more touching sentiment than anything he does in DMC5.

Even out of those the vast majority seems to like 5 because it has tons of new shit to play around with, if anything its the people who suck up to the "4 combo autismos" but cant actually do anything even remotely similar who cry about DMC5 to appear somehow patrician

>and some of the lowest lows for the series

fucking delusional

DMC5 is literally the one DMC that doesnt have "glaring lows". DMC3 is the game you just described

Attached: 1526395087074.jpg (600x785, 94K)

DMD was never that hard. Play NG. At least DMC5 lets you play DMD without having to go through the entire game twice.

The number of buzzwords in this post directly correlates with your IQ point count.

DMC4 was way too easy and fucking boring. I'm getting sick of you retards circle jerking about how it's the best in the series.

Only if 3 has the style changer installed. Otherwise it's below 4 and 5

I'd rank both 3 and 5 over 4, 4 is overrated, poor mans bayonettta

When did this fucking meme that DMC1 has some magical "level design" that was never replicated in the series since then?

If anything, DMC3 probably has the objectively most complex (and only) "level design" in the series that actually turns the world into an interconnected maze that isnt always clear to navigate. The vast majority of the retards talking about level design are either talking about the fucking art design or they were actually stupid enough to somehow gawk at the epic "design" in DMC1 where you run to the end of a hallway, pick up the key item, run back to where you started, open a locked door and then run to the end of another hallway before the 5 minute mission ends

Attached: 1551200389906.gif (400x266, 470K)

What if Patty gets tricked into giving Vergil her V-card because he owes Dante a favor for the Tower of Power: Part 2?

People always admired combat in DMC4, but shitting on everything alse.

I do miss the boss rush, and some of the atomsphere that the earlier games had. I certaintly think DMC5 avoid the the biggest pitfalls of the one before it. None of the levels feel annoying to playthrough but at the same time none of them have anything that really stands out aside from what you fight at the end.

Really the only level that I found interesting to traverse was Nero's divergent path (Mission 17 I think). It was neat to have paths focused on breaker gimmicks

3 > 5 > 4SE > 2 > 1

I hate 1

3 doesn't have style switching.

2 is the only one I haven't played. What's wrong with it? How can it possibly be worse than DmC?

Attached: 1512698926505.gif (288x377, 1.83M)

>lag
RECOVERY. Smash fags were a mistake

You only need to use the square button.

DmC maybe a super watered down version of 3 and 4 but it still demands a little bit of effort by the player

DMC2 was my first DMC game and it put me off from the series for 10 years. It's not just a bad DMC game, it's just a terrible game in general. I used to laugh at my friend who was a DMC fanatic because I legitimately thought the entire series was shit for years.

Someone link him to the Pussy Thrust gif from DMC2.

As far as I'm concerned, only the odd numbered DMCs are worth anyone's time. People who put 4 over 1 are insane.

Attached: 1528742520752.png (280x200, 26K)

Too bad that by the time you get to play Dante the game is already a stale rehash of itself.

Lol

5> MASSIVE POWER GAP> 4SE>3>4>1>2

>4>1
Fuck off faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac

Anyone disappointed at how shallow the Cavaliere weapons ended up being? They're the chainsaws from Bayonetta 2 but a lot slower.

>all of the faggots ITT putting VANILLA DmC over DMC1
Just because it's different from the rest of the series and not about combos doesn't mean it's bad you colossal faggots

Attached: 1518493536629.jpg (800x763, 166K)

someone post the edit of V on the dance floor with the creatures

You sure you understand how the weapon works?

Brotip: When someone says 3 or 4 or DmC they're talking about the objectively superior rereleases.

DmC is not THAT bad. It still a good game for it's genre.
youtube.com/watch?v=rx2ocAXZ9o8

Been tryin to say this all thread.

YOU LAND THE FINAL BLOW, V

Attached: 1548179593758.jpg (1200x1176, 168K)

Just bought it a few minutes ago, haven't played it yet, judging by the demo it's the best though

Is playing as V fun on higher difficulties?
Can't check for myself right now since I'm still going through the story for the first time.

Wait till' the weapons turn purple, am I missing something?

I think it would be cool if it was something like this
>Dante has gone missing
>Lady and Trish are injured or busy so they're not here
>Nero and Vergil team up to find him
>features a new character who is a mage and also uses guns crafted by Nico
>Vergil is introduced later, he finds new weapons and develops new styles of his own
>Nero spends the game further mastering his DT and gets swappable breakers which he can also combine in exchange of reducing their durability

thank

Attached: 1434955209246.png (903x522, 325K)

Gameplay:
5>3>4>DmC>1>2

Bosses and big enemies 1 shot your pets as early as SoS and you can't do shit. No idea how bad it gets on DMD. It's the absolute opposite of fun for sure, instead of fighting enemies you FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE half the time.

I know for a fact that people who keep bitching about "V is just mash for SSS lol ez" haven't been above DH.

I want to cum inside Lady!

>leaving her dark soul unfilled
Damn

Yeah. You can chain attacks including chaining regular attacks into swordmaster hits. People spout retarded shit about cavaliere because they think there's only one attack in each combo so I wanted to ask.

So in other words, literally like the chainsaws in Bayonetta 2. Except theirs was a just frame.

>no other input
you can land on top of it's extended shadow spike and shoot it from there.

>4 above 1

Why the fuck is the camera like that in Mission 19, it ruins the entire fight.

>using a gold orb

4 bosses are literally garbage, Credo is the only good fight

This and moreso the fact that the evade and shoot is supposed to be the fun part of the fight, the extended list of attacks Shadows can do makes it dynami, if it's still too simplistic for you just remember it's an old PS2 game.

Almost correct. I would put DmC:DE above 4.

>if it's still too simplistic for you just remember it's an old PS2 game
So you agree that it's extremely dated and doesn't hold up against modern examples?

No, because DMC1 isn't like DMC3+ or Bayonetta, as long as every action game ever wants to be a combo simulator then DMC1 will always have a reason to exist. It's no more outdated than Ninja Gaiden Black is.

>series is absolute ass which has made no improvement in 20 years
Those improvements were the series shifting into another direction entirely. Me I just want to kill enemies quick and to the point, nice and short missions too.

bayonetta was literally directed by the same person who directed dmc1.

>nice and short missions too.

This is the worst thing about modern action games. I can't believe the same guy who made DMC1 is responsible for the travesty that is having to Pure Platinum that long ass Space Harrier part in Bayonetta and then Jeanne 4 after that, the Space Harrier part ensured you never did that boss again once you got the PP.

Yes, how does that negate what I said?

>Yes, how does that negate what I said?
>DMC1 isn't like bayonetta
it was made by the same guy

He made two different games, differently, did I just blow your mind?

>story of any part better than 3

3>5>4>1>>DmC>, all SE's by default.

Attached: 175.png (750x750, 39K)

FOCUS ON THE MISSION

youtube.com/watch?v=kG8RcAA8Fyo
youtube.com/watch?v=YV5IheNfK54
youtube.com/watch?v=bmYijVr_HYw
youtube.com/watch?v=T3fCDIQNWKE
youtube.com/watch?v=g8A7NGqnq5w
youtube.com/watch?v=NK4YbzLuNDM

You only needed to post Faded Tone, user

Also, does V ever do his trailer finisher in game anywhere?

Attached: teleports behind u.gif (600x321, 3.88M)

5>3
And these 2 are the only games worth playing from this series.

Attached: 1540683574431.png (400x400, 7K)

His Goliath finisher**
I'm retarded

Attached: Boomers.png (900x900, 52K)

3>5>4>1>DmC>2

On the fake cavalier angelo which is exactly what hes fighting there

Fuck Vergil's summoned Swords, and what's with Balrog's wack Killer bee equivalent?

Yeah I know, I was retarded and referring to

>You only needed to post Faded Tone, user
I know, I wanted to post more because I'm in fucking love with the OST.
I don't actually like King Cerberus though, just felt like being a shit.
>Also, does V ever do his trailer finisher in game anywhere?
>His Goliath finisher**
I'm retarded
Yes, in the boss rush, he fights a fake Goliath too. Also you'll be able to do it after Bloody Palace gets released, just like the Nightmare vs Goliath bit from the trailer.

>Level design
Yeah no. Sure the tower gets repetitive, but 4 wasn't even close to a complete game.

I now lapsed twice into my retardation, forgetting that I killed him with Nightmare instead of executing him, thank you anyway though.
Also
>If you hack V into the Vergil fight(s), you can see a unique execute animation just for him
My fucking dick.

Attached: monster may cry.jpg (1969x1969, 658K)

> just like the Nightmare vs Goliath bit from the trailer.
I'm the retarded one, it seems. Just rewatched the trailer and realized that's the finsher you're referring to.
Wonder if someone's managed to figure how to do it yet in the boss rush.

That theme is crazy good.

3 nostalgia is gay as fuck and it was my favorite game for over a decade. 5 is better, more tools to play with, and 3 never had good level design.

Real Talk: were it not for the Orb revives most people would never beat Vergil.

He's right though