Map is the smallest in the series

>Map is the smallest in the series
>still feels the most comfy and natural to explore

Attached: steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_163901399_preview.jpg (1795x1848, 613K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1scc9Eq1ZAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Couldn't get away with just making things look pretty and making large amounts of empty space back then.

That's not the Vice City map. Thought you said smallest?

I genuinely think GTA V has the best map in the series. The scale allows for things the other games could never do, like cliffside roads, a genuinely fucking gigantic mountain, a flat desert area for off roading, hills of both the steep and rolling kind, very natural transitions between different "zones" in the city.

I guess I really enjoy variety which is why SAs map is a close second for me, but it makes me sad so many people shit on Vs map.

GTA V does a good recreation of an area of America people shit on in real life too.

I can't even begin to comprehend how anyone could have taste THIS shit

VC was slightly bigger.
Problem is that the second island was another shoreside vale.

it wasn't. VC has less square miles.
You only think III's LC is comfy because it has no map and requires muscle memory.
For me, it's LCS.

Attached: 1471638437-389932993.jpg (1024x768, 216K)

The problem with V's map is that most of the game's content is in Los Santos and the rest of the map is barren by comparison. I really think they should have built another medium sized city on the upper half of the map instead of Paleto Bay which is tiny.

Even SA has that problem. I always felt that 3 and VC had the best maps because the map is used better.

Small well designed maps will always be better than big, equally well designed maps. Postal 2 is a perfect example of this.

>>still feels the most comfy and natural to explore
umm you posted the wrong pic pal

Attached: 358324-1466509340-UHD.jpg (2039x1982, 614K)

You have to explore that one as a nigger, so...

Nah, SA is impressive but the map is bigger than it needs to be. Not enough missions in San Fierro or Las Venturas. You never get to know those cities like you do Los Santos and the space in between is cool, but again, you don't see enough of it in detail.

Again, the most impressive map in GTA in my opinion because of the tech at the time and it's scope, plus it still upgraded the graphics from Vice City, but the map in GTA 3 and Vice City is used nearly 100% by the missions in the game. Nothing gets wasted.

>wanting a generic edgy/mysterious white dude instead of CJ
spotted the retard
los santos is the most detailed city, las venturas is probably the least detailed one
also a lot of parts of los santos are barely ever used in missions (east los santos for example) but the city is still really inmersive imo
idk i played so many hours on SAMP that i know nearly every inch of Los Santos, and theres probably some backalleys or rooftops i havent even seen yet

The first island was literally half empty beach.

bullshit bro you clear LS twice and basically traverse clockwise through the story.
It's all used and even shit in bumfuck nowhere like the quarry is a minigame.
It feels empty because you're playing the pc version, of which all three games are lacking map assets, lighting, and audio files

Attached: 6e057bcb1c2b.png (1920x1080, 3.65M)

CJ was worse than both Tommy and Niko. Toni was a bland wiseguy, I'll give you that.
I'd argue Vic is the better black protag because he's not a caricature.

It also has the most secretive and best secrets in the series

Attached: GTA 3_ghosttown01.jpg (300x225, 6K)

>map is huge
>most of it has no purpose

Attached: file.png (891x564, 326K)

Rockstar makes the map first and then the missions. It's ass backwards I think but that's why the games are how they are.

As much as I loved IV it really felt like the biggest "look but don't touch" map. Basically almost no interaction with the world whatsoever.

I agree, V's map is incredibly good. Although sometimes there is barely any reason to go anywhere other than Los Santos.

SA takes a huge fucking detour once you leave Los Santos, its like your suddenly playing a different GTA game altogether

you know i get they wanted to adapt NYC/Jersey but they could have diversified the areas a bit more
they could have included some of the forest areas, more of the Jersey projects or hell atleast have Stanton Island
i got so sick of seeing Skylines in the game after 10 hours

Attached: staten-island-wheel-and-mall-could-be-derailed.jpg (2048x1536, 2.61M)

It doesn't help that we've seen NYC in over a dozen games at this point. I really do hope they avoid doing it again for another decade at the very least. The Division already did a really good current gen version so we don't need it for GTA 6.

How big is this map relative to irl?

GTA london for 6 please

GTA3?

Maybe 4 square kilometers including the water between islands. The cars only drive at like 30-40 kph.

I feel like GTAIII Liberty really captured that "at a glance" feel of New York and it's Burroughs pretty well, while also making it it's own thing. I remember spending hours driving around Stanton and Shoreside with no real direction other than appreciating the scenery. I kind of wish Vice City utilized it's space nearly as well as III did. Obviously the technique was perfected San Andreas, but still, like OP said, there's something to be said about how Liberty feels in comparison to the rest.

gta v map is atrocious. there's not even islands or real deep rivers warranting the use of a fucking boat ever.

also the HILLS are fun but the MOUNTAINS are just barren useless filler obstacles. you fire your nitrocar off the top once and you've seen it all. if they just put some fucking cabins or a forest up there but its literally completely empty mountains with barely a tree in sight.

only the cult area is okay and chiliad ar least has a bit of a path to downhill and uphill with a bike.

but the shit near the military base and the eastern side are just empty fucking filler.

london already had a GTA game
time for mainland europe, or maybe russia
in GTA 3 the top speed of many cars reach 180km/h ...
GTA 4 is the one where they made driving incredibly slow to make the map seem bigger

Nah man, this city felt alived and lived in as fuck. I still prefer it over V's Los Santos. Kind of wish it got a proper upscale treatment like V's next-gen ports did, because man is it blurry as fuck these days. And those "paint-like" textures are distracting.

I KNOW A PLACE ON THE EDGE OF THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT WHERE WE CAN LAY LOW

BUT MY HANDS ARE ALL MESSED UP, SO YOU BETTER DRIVE, BROTHA

prague?

A Russian shit hole would be pretty fun to be honest. Too bad they already did an eastern-european related plotline.

The best would be a Narco themed in a made up Latin American country based on Mexico with parts of Colombia.

Official map ranking:
SA >> VC > 3 >>> 5 >>>> shit >>>> 4

I liked it but I wish it had more city type areas and less barren empty wilderness and desert

>GTA Cocaine Coast - Arousa Vice
>80's Spain
>you're a galician drug dealer using high-speed boats to do tobacco contraband
>get to meet colombian drug dealer
>start importing cocaine into the coast of spain but this causes internal struggles with the other druglords (could be the main plot)
pic related
youtube.com/watch?v=1scc9Eq1ZAw
>make russian GTA city
>it runs great on all systems because all the apartment models are copy pasted from the same

Attached: mapa-trafico-coca-codigo-nuevo.jpg (1129x583, 86K)

Nah. Too much useless forest and shitty lack of streets. Driving around Costa Rica is fun as fuck in person but I'll be damned if I'll put up with it in a GTA game. Things are just tooo spaced apart. It will be GTAV's useless countryside all over again. But they already made crocs in Red Dead so might as well reuse those assets.

I honestly don't get this boomer shit, having bigger maps is superior for this type of gameplay.

MY MOTHER'S MAH SISTER

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

game map could look something like this

Attached: supermapafarinha.jpg (500x283, 107K)

Would have been perfect if there were some more restaurants, nightclubs, bars, maybe even malls. I still think this is the best city map of all time as an exterior but there just isn’t enough stuff in it. If it were me I would have really decreased the number of missions, since a lot of them are meh, and focused more on the social aspect.

Reminder: install the PS2 graphics mod for SA!

Quality > quantity game developers have forgotten this