Is Android a gaming platform?

Is Android a gaming platform?

Attached: rererge.jpg (635x908, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/4Grb84C.jpg
archive.nyafuu.org/meta/thread/196966/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's pretty good for emulation.

Attached: 0_0_480_1_70__News_xperia play thumb1.jpg (480x464, 31K)

no, I only afk runescape on mobile from time to time.
Playing games with touchscreen controls will never ever be fun.

I feel like it makes more sense to get an Android tablet for gaming rather than using your phone.

YESSSS YOU FUCKING RETARDSSSSSS
THE SWITCH LITERALLY HAS AN OLD AS FUCK MOBILE GPU
but it comes with controllers so all of a sudden its the "next step" for gaming.

I have absolutely no respect for console owners above the age of 12.

What the fuck does the Switch have to do with anything in this thread
Why are you so obsessed?

Seething

Call me when I can install every nintendo game on android running at 100% with total bluetooth controller compatibility

I mean you've got a phone anyway, I don't know why more people don't use it for emulation.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (728x411, 17K)

Are you stupid?

>playing on a baby screen with a baby controller
Pathetic

What the fuck did he holding?

Controller for ants?

This. It's not like a bought the phone specifically to play games but if I have it anyway why not download some emulators to pass time on the train?

Mobile apps =/= video games

the touch analogs were absolutely useless (also the build quality isn't great - 2-3 years before the screen goes full retard)
Was great for 8-16bit emulators, tho

the fact that mid tier phones have better hardware?
If nintendo made those joycons for mobile and foregoing the switch altogether, they would have made a killing

Attached: phones 2019.png (1916x1080, 1.14M)

people have dealt with more compact layouts on n-gage (or any qwerty nokia phone) frankly

phone gaming is like the tranny of video games; Pretends and disguises it self to be something its not and the results show.

Attached: 1359868463698.jpg (208x271, 29K)

Are you above 12? This is an Android thread and you're bitch-screaming about the Switch?

>Is Android a gaming platform?
>android has better processing hardware for gaming than dedicated gaming console
>buy $30 bluetooth controller on amazon and it's now more capable than a switch

Yes

Attached: giphy.gif (559x254, 1.04M)

If that let you play psp titles it would have sold like hotcakes.

Too bad Sony is retarded.

>being this defensive about your 2015 tablet with $70 controllers and having to rebuy games that have been emulated for decades

I have no respect for console owners above the age of 12.

Attached: 1535091175523.jpg (228x228, 6K)

While I agree with all of this, what the fuck are the tubes supposed to be in the lower left?

It is a phone that runs Java. Not a game console.

lol what a dumbass

Attached: YouAreStupid.png (261x108, 54K)

YOU are a gaming platform.
Let me put my disc into you, baby.

>here's your controller bro

Attached: 49494.jpg (1439x1267, 799K)

Lot of soi in thread

Sure

Attached: dol.png (558x659, 16K)

>He thinks the reason people buy game consoles and computers is for the technology
You stupid cunt, I pity you

fucking kek'd. sadly, still better option than touch.

>t. Switch owner over the age of 20

Attached: 0812038.jpg (475x480, 66K)

>t. phone gamer

Nigga, you are like, bottom of the barrel tier shit when it comes to video games.

Attached: 80462491.jpg (342x336, 21K)

The Nintendo Switch was developed by Nvidia, based on their 'Shield' line of tablets/android boxes. The Switch is an Android tablet, in short.

The hardware arms race is wasteful and useless. It only manages to make games more expensive to develop, as well as being out paced by gaming PC within months.

Yeah, cause you replied

Attached: 72a8c69065d54fa5648374ea738bc50c.jpg (1200x630, 77K)

Emulation is emulation, retard.
If you honestly think that playing the same game on my phone that I have been emulating on my PC for years is the same as playing games made for the phone then you're just as retarded as I would expect a console owner over the age of 12 to be.

user...no.

If you lipsync music from your favorite band your dog-faced crush will want to fuck you.

>You will never be this asshurt about Nintendo products as much as this kid

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 44K)

for me it's the Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I'm gonna hold onto this thing for dear life until the notch/cutout meme dies

Attached: dims.jpeg.jpg (980x653, 122K)

This thread turned into an autistic shitfest real fast.

>all these angry switch owners
It's not my fault you're wasting your money on trash *and* subscribing to use P2P servers.
It doesn't matter how angry you get in this thread, you're still going to be a retard in real life until you start making changes.

Attached: y8Ea8jB.gif (480x358, 1.14M)

>Emulation is emulation, retard.
no shit?

Attached: 1442646128111.jpg (369x369, 28K)

I wish there was a way to upgrade this thing to have better specs and the newest Android version. I have one collecting dust because the hardware is severely outdated

Pretty much. Get an XBOX controller and a stand and you're set with a relatively inexpensive gaming device. The biggest problem with Android is actually finding games. There's a lot of stuff to sort through.

Weird how the Note 9 looks the same as my Note 8. That said I agree. Don't need anything newer at this point.

>Thread went to shit because someone is butthurt about Nintendo in a phone thread
>blame it on everyone else

Nice

>be shit eating phone (((gamer)))
>>b-b-b-b-but NINTENDOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
lmao

ITT literal chinks defending mobile gaming lmao

Attached: DNssCtLV4AIXlWl.jpg (680x535, 47K)

>If you're on Verizon then good luck finding anything except flagships
You can get literally any unlocked phone that has a CDMA antenna in it. My personal favorite has been the Moto G6. You should be buying unlocked phones anyway, fuck carrier phones.

Recently switched to Android and got a Nokia 8. Planning to hold on to this phone for a while.

it doesn't matter, but nearly every half decent phone on the market rn can play switch tier games.
The phones need a controller apparatus and that's it.

>asked an unrelated question
>BUT NINTENDO, GUYS. NINTENDO SUCKS. PLEASE LOVE ME, MOMMY.
Yeah, you're a baiting retard.

>potato processor
no thanks

Note 9 has a smaller chin/forehead, it's really noticeable when you physically put them side by side. Not worth upgrading, but it is a difference.

Alright, enjoy your chinkphone loaded with spyware, then.

>every phone that costs as much as the switch can play switch games
damn dude tell me more. Does it require electrical power as well?

ouch lol

Attached: Accidentally letting go of R but it still works perfectly.webm (720x404, 2.88M)

If you play mobile phone games you should not be on this board. This board sure has changed in the 9 years ive been here. People actually play mobile trash now willingly

Attached: 1513696539217.jpg (1210x1435, 757K)

Are those teeth?

The switch is so successful because people in there early 30s who grew up with video games are now adults with careers and children with little free time who still want to play. It is literally designed for adults to still work video games into there lives.

It went to shit because switch owners can't comprehend what they're reading.

Attached: 1535083272586.gif (272x198, 1002K)

>he says after randomly bringing up switch
Rent free

Attached: Flargunnstow_remix.gif (192x291, 874K)

It's cheaper to get a raspberry piece of shit and you will see better performance and graffix since some upscaling will be possible.

a) mid tier phones do not have better gpus than the tegra x1
b) mid tier phones are still $100 more expensive than a switch.

the drugs you will take to forget the buyers remorse of buying a phone in the current year.

Putting status info in the sidebar is inconvenient. I drag it every move like a madman.

My absolute negro, just picked one up last month and its the best phone ive ever owned.

Yo whatā€™s up with all these bitch ass tripfag niggers in this thread

>(((jacobs)))

the curved edges on samsung phones are just as cancerous as notches

Um. X1 wasn't that old when Switch first came out. Mobile hardware has a 2-3 year turnaround at best.

>not rooting your phone and flashing AOSP
kek

Attached: smartphone-walmart.jpg (663x279, 69K)

>being this butthurt about Nintendo in a PHONE THREAD

>implying these phones don't have hardware-level backdoors that can be exploited regardless of the rom installed

yeah but mid tier phones are a multipurpose tool everyone has.
I'd rather spend 5 bones on a phone than 4 on a switch

Your trying to hard to fit in

Note 9 master race reporting.
It is as "future proof" as a cell phone can get, although it fucking should be for $1500.

The price of Apple shit should be enough to make anybody with a brain snot buy any Apple trash.

>comparing one mobile device to another is off topic in a thread about if one of the devices is a console
>the device in question has more powerful hardware than the device everyone agrees is a console

It's funny because these manchildren who own switches are really trying to justify to themselves why they're okay with being retarded, not me.
Maybe one day they'll learn and grow up, but not if they don't think they need to.

Attached: 1532178501246.jpg (1024x1024, 766K)

yeah even high school staceys think the switch is for small souled manbabies

Can you not emulate on an iphone?

yeah you can I play PS1 games erry day

It's a combo of mobile getting better and people getting comfortable with touch controls

Touch screens suck ass for any games that aren't turn based RPGs. People talk about emulating PSP games on their phone but you either have to suffer with touch controls or carry a bulky controller around

Maybe if your fat ass got your heavy hands off the Caps lock and S screen button and learned to stay on topic and not type like a non functioning retard, then maybe we would have some understanding

Attached: Chef-Cooking-up-a-hot-curry.jpg (300x338, 33K)

>He plays with a phone with already decaying battery life with some shitty controller clip
Step it up, senpai

Attached: IMG_20190216_103531349.jpg (4160x3120, 2.52M)

I assume you can emulate, it's just Apple's stringent about App development.

Just got one of those, specifically the 2nd model, it's fucking great. Pretty much replacing my hacked Vita now. My only issue is the thumbsticks don't have much legroom but that's not really too different from how the Vita's feel anyway.

Attached: flydigi_wee2_bluetooth_controller_.jpg (554x554, 24K)

Controller clips have gotten really nice.

see

>comes to a thread specifically about retro emulation on a mobile platform to bitch about mobile-dedicated games
leave it up to a cuck tripfag to have absolutely zero reading comprehension

Yeah I'm not even sure they have real analog input. Sucks for FPS, but good enough for emulating 2D stuff.

No, it wouldn't.
Nobody ever cared about the PSP or Vita.

>Is Android a gaming platform? was the question and topic of the thread, relating to smart phones

>BUT NINTENDO SWITCH!!! a video game hybrid console dedicated to video games

Dumbass, what fuck is you doing?

Attached: holy-shit-a-talking-animal.jpg (278x217, 62K)

>it's retarded
the only thing that killed the vita was proprietary flash carts
it's a pocket ps3 dude

I kind of want to buy the Daqi M1 now to see if it the sticks are any better but from what I've read it has some unique problems of its own. Like the face buttons being really tiny.

Attached: daqi_m1.jpg (679x679, 41K)

Yeah but we're talking about handheld/mobile gaming. Raspberry isn't handheld without a lot of finaggling

Funniest thing is that the switch itself without the dock is a small tablet, NOT a phone.

>comparing one mobile device to another is off topic in a thread about if one of the devices is a console
>the device in question has more powerful hardware than the device everyone agrees is a console

You need to take a remedial English course before anyone will take you seriously. You simply do not understand the language well enough to make effective use of it.

Have a nice day.

Attached: 1541388137414.png (480x480, 163K)

They sell switches in the congo?
And they're only 4 bones?

Attached: ooga booga.jpg (962x642, 254K)

>if the switch is considered a gaming platform then the android must be too because it has greater potential to play games than the switch
Not him, but the switch owners in this thread aren't that bright.

Attached: 1537784224481.jpg (921x640, 100K)

>300 coins
Spend that shit nigga. Get a hat or sth

I just don't think you're going to get quality analogs on a compact controller. I've got pic related as well and they're a bit better. It has analog input, but it maxes out like halfway to the edge of where you can actually tilt them. Way too sensitive.

Attached: iu[2].jpg (1003x1003, 147K)

>Drop Switch
>Takes impact like nothing cause quality control
>Drop phone
>Back breaks because it's literally made of glass

im running an 3/4 yr old chinkphone. i only got into 'mobile gaming' through emulators.

first game im playing atm is Pokemon Black 2 on Drastic (DS emulator) and it works great. I just wish I could somehow have physical buttons.

These controller add-ons are not an elegant solution and look dumb mostly.
This is prob the best design. Would a normal qwerty keyboard be too cramped?
Plus you could somehow put the front camera on the slide-out bit to go full bezel-less.

Nobody seriously can be this dumb and uninformed.

Attached: ohyou.png (397x584, 544K)

Yeah I figured but those aren't as easy to fit in your pocket and take on the go. Also I like that the Wee and Daqi let you place your phone vertically as well, it's amazing for DS emulation.

>mobile """""gaming""""

Attached: 26926.jpg (192x192, 12K)

spotted the underage
go play some ports

>presented with logical arguments
>Nobody seriously can be this dumb and uninformed.

Switch owners, ladies and gentlemen.
Thank you, thank you. They'll be here all week.

Attached: 1535501481798.jpg (480x360, 26K)

these things are not available in poland, no matter the brand. sometimes being the first world country is not enough

Attached: 93875908165363.png (452x676, 79K)

>You need to take a remedial English
>YESSSS YOU FUCKING RETARDSSSSSS
THE SWITCH LITERALLY HAS AN OLD AS FUCK MOBILE GPU

Attached: MFW.png (600x622, 536K)

One is a toy made mainly for kids and the other is a luxury product for adults. This is like comparing a plastic cup to a crystal glass.

There's far better options for handheld shit and "mobile" gayman is a meme that needs to die unless you're underage b&. Hate to be a wannabe DIAMOND DOG, but knock it off.

Yep, I mostly use the Wee. The one with a clip fits in a coat pocket fine though and it can fit my phone more easily. I had to get an ultra-slim case for my phone to fit in the Wee because of the vertical height limit and it leaves me feeling like my phone is vulnerable.

Ooga booga

order online.
Besides it's not quite there yet, be patient, brate.

>There's far better options for handheld shit
Like what?

What does "platform" mean to you moron

i.imgur.com/4Grb84C.jpg

archive.nyafuu.org/meta/thread/196966/

Attached: Starved for attention.jpg (955x377, 62K)

>Question still not answered while thread is derailed by some child mad at Switch.

Where the fuck are the mods at?

>resorts to racism because he's out of arguments
be a nigger elsewhere

Attached: 7lZwLKc.jpg (511x606, 87K)

There's no reason to use android over iphone

Iphones are more expensive and thus give you a higher status

If you use an android people will think you are poor

You are beyond retarded.

This post doesn't even work as bait because you see poor ass niggers with the latest iphones all the time because they don't know how to properly spend their money.

dis nigga over here ain't got a Galaxy Fold

>Arguments
>It was a joke
I think you need to clean the dry semen off your screen, because I just got into this thread.

android has better third party support. iPhones are for poors who think people care and teen girls

Attached: Screenshot_20190311-162125.jpg (1080x1277, 536K)

>tfw I overheard a couple of co-workers actually dissing green bubbles
lol I thought it was just a meme but these bitches really don't fuck with Android users

what?

Attached: fellowkids.jpg (900x720, 87K)

Half the draw to mobile gaming is having it wherever you go, are you going to bring a tablet on the bus/work/class/whatever?

My female co-workers did this to me when I got my android phone. Women are sheep to Apple.

Does it really matter if you got a cute girl already and good pals? I never understood why people cared so much about that kind of shit.

>tfw all good phones nowadays don't even have a physical home button and are 99% screen
When my S7 dies, I'll just buy another one desu

Attached: 1510603814631.jpg (522x590, 32K)

>>presented with logical arguments
>what aboutism comparison of two different devices with completely different functions and hardware
>in a thread about Smart Phones being good for games

You had no arguments from the get-go.

Attached: 1231223.png (500x390, 197K)

what?

Attached: 1e84a2608dea8a633eea8638407d1bf0.png (256x256, 40K)

>are you going to bring a tablet on the bus/work/class/whatever?
Well yeah, tablets generally fit inside any bag a man would use.

men don't use bags bro

Until there's a decent controller shell for a smartphone the answer is no
I have the 8bitdo SN30 Pro and the phone clip is a joke

Y does it matter to you what other people do when on the train or waiting for something?
Just do something else than stare at others hoping a cute girl with give you passing eye contact you beta bitch.

Mods should have deleted this post before this thread got to this size.

More like if you have an android you look like you actually know shit about phones, iPhone are for boomers and idiots
T. Former phone salesman

I use my old Samsung tablet for PS1/GBA/genesis Emulation. Pretty good emulation overall but the touch screen sucks ass

>Nobody ever cared about the PSP

It sold 80 million you pleb

Attached: 1551192720363.png (656x524, 309K)

>buying an inferior brand
>"know shit about phones"

iphone is more popular
iphone is better

t. NEET

It's amazing how much of a hivemind applefags are. Any indication of an android user on twitter sends them into a screaming fit about it.

I just have a Note 3 right now and have had it for 2 years. Should I switch to a Note 9 now or get the Note 10 when it comes out?

if it plays vydia it literally is a gaming platform.

like a real hat?
How did I get these coins? I pirated all those games

I prefer the physical fingerprint scanner and bezel camera of the 9 series, but we don't really know what the Note 10 is going to look like yet so it's hard to say.

Nothing screams "I HAVE AN AUTISM" louder then someone setting up a tablet in public, with a control, to play SNES games alone instead of doing it privately to themselves on there phone and just dealing with shit controls until they get home.

Iphones get support even 5 years down the line while a fucking S7 is already not supported by any official mean.
My 7 year old Iphone 5 is still perfectly functional and almost as fast as it was on the day it came out only thing I had to replace was the battery but thats standard for every phone at this age.
Iphones also have a completely different ecosystem with apps you cant get on the android and it also makes sense to use an Iphone when you have a macbook and other apple products.
Nice fucking phone salesman you are you dont even know basic consumer shit.

>More popular= better
Marvel movies beg to differ

Though technically, it can't be a video game if the game itself isn't a video.
With consoles, the game is rendered and transferred to the television set through the cables to a Video setting. However mobile phones lack any video settings in the first place and lack the cables. Therefore, one must ask the question. Is it really a video game, if there is no video?

nice try DCuck

Still using this phone. Won't change until I find a better phone with a slide out keyboard.

I tried. Some titles from DS were alright, like Ace Attorney series emulated on drastic. Couple of VN for PSP with ppsspp. But overall, even with dedicated controller (I even bought 8bitdo nes pro for it) it's not very comfy. In the end just emulate old games on hacked 3ds. Even bought flashcart for it.

Attached: 1547782497849.jpg (540x480, 38K)

>chink shilling chinkphones
shocking

>He bought a flashcart

user both iPhones and Huawei are chink phones. They're all made in China.

How's the lag? I stopped caring because the lag was unbearable.

YOU'RE made in china

Maybe get the note 9 when it's discounted when the Note 10 comes out.

Back then DS emulation from SD was wonky and barely working. I heard even now there's a lot of problems. So I don't regret it.

Fair enough

Whoops forgot pic

Attached: blackberry priv.jpg (2500x1667, 2.72M)

You can emulate ds from sd?

I have a oneplus6 and an 8bitdo and just play a shit ton of good shit like pokemon nuzlocke during my night guard job

They should have just shoved a 2G radio in the PSP and let us take calls. It would have been the perfect poor man's iPhone back then.

Close user but no, aim more southwards.

Yeah, there've been significant progress in this regard.

>poor people make poor financial decisions like financing a 1300 dollar phone
>wealthy people buy within their means by getting a cheap but capable phone
More accurate than you may realize.

Attached: 1550704336058.png (1280x1553, 1.31M)

the lastest phones can play GameCube games at full speed

I really don't know why my ps4 controller isn't working with my phone. It says it's a wireless controller and I'm trying to do the steam link beta with it.

>has all but ensured I'll never go back
>has all but

what does this even mean??

why not say
>it has ensured I'll never go back

Its actually pretty nice if u can get past how stupid small it is

living within your means is exactly how you get a monetary kick up in life.
Poors finance brand new BMWs to impress their pub mates, but well off people I know drive 10 year old volvos or smol hatchbacks

I don't do public transportation because I'm not poor or a europoor. Only peasants ride the train/bus/whatever.

I want to play chess with my dad online. He has an eye phone five s. Is there an app for chess that both android and apple users can play on?

if you drive in a city you're turbo retarded
t./o/

what's it called

You need to connect it by USB first, so you need an OTG connector.

Look up the fxtec pro 1

Is it actually comfortable? Seems like a solid option to carry around instead of a full controller but I can also already feel my hands cramping

Chess TimeĀ® -Multiplayer Chess
Apparently this

Is that controller bigger than his penis? It'd explain a lot.

It is. So are tiger watches and the N-gage. doesn't mean they are good or wortwhile gaming platforms.

What midtier phone can perform a TerraFLOP? Even the Tegra X1 in the Switch needs to be plugged in with active cooling for it to work.

My midtier dick can pump 4 niggaflops into your ass whitey

Looks neat, cheers. I'll consider it as a replacement when this phone starts to shit itself.

like a fucking vita or a PSP

YES I AGREE

DELETE A PERFECTLY VALID POST BECAUSE IT INDIRECTLY CRITICIZED NINTENDO

Attached: 1448066799754.jpg (404x403, 43K)

Not really but android is definitely way fucking better for using emulators to play roms, if only because of the way you install apps on android compared to iphone.

A very good idea that caters to what most people wanted in a portable emulator machine but the way that one is designed was very shitty. Not only were the specs outdated as fuck but the actual controls on the thing were low quality phone buttons that were too small, too recessed into the phone's shell, and broke easily (looking at you, L and R) while the touch pad thing that was supposed to be dual analog sticks won't work unless the app specifically has it programmed in and also has just as bad a time registering properly as the New 3DS C-Nipple.

I already have a library of decent to legit good games on my Android account. I don't mind double dipping for a PC port, but I don't think it makes any sense for me to buy a new device so I can play some of the same games I already have on my tablet.

If you did not know, the Nintendo Switch has a bunch of mobile ports, like Danmaku Unlimited, Morphite, and Galaxy on Fire.

Jesus fucking christ that controller gave me carpal tunnel just from looking at it.

oh I bet you have sinuses too

I dont understand you phone tin foilers
Who exactly is prying into your shit?

No, it's an OS.

Yeah, you don't? You should see a doctor about that. They should be in your face.

no its fucking shit and I have tiny hands. Get a shield tv bluetooth controller

I don't know what it's called but it's from 8bitdo. Honestly you can just get a sn30 pad and a clip for it that docks your phone to the controller if you wanna go all out.

>stretched widescreen

>not pulling your switch out of your red Mario fanny pack and playing Mario with the volume on max

buy a gooseneck stand

This man knows what's up. That device was amazing to play with, but mine ended up getting damaged.

Switch in public with headphones is acceptable.