How come there are no more good singleplayer FPS?

How come there are no more good singleplayer FPS?

Attached: HH-SS-0573.jpg (1920x1080, 439K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fJ1wXRrkC6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dusk was pretty good

singleplayer games are shit and no one wants to play them.

Because devs look at twitch, and what people are watching others play and they go "hmm it seems battle royales and mobile games are the most popular kinds of games" and they make more of them.

I'M SELLING MY FUCKING PC.

zoom zoom

Because call of duty noted increasingly fewer and fewer people were bothering with the single player campaign every year, everyone wanted multiplayer and zombies instead. I think it was infinite warfare that had like under 5% of all owners ever launched the single player for it.

because singleplayer sucks. multiplayer is always more fun

Gee I wonder if it was because doing the exact same fucking thing every Call of Duty got old

On top of that, the Ghosts campaign was fucking bad

big budgets are run by faggots who chase the lowest common denominator and faggot consumers won't look at non big budgets

metro exodus was just released you faggot.

One of the most popular game series in the world noted a shift away from interest in single player, so other devs played follow the leader, because they always do.
go fucking figure.

Battlefield 1942

Bulletstorm is a fun FPS game. Immature, but fun immature.

Looking for offline bot games like battlefield 2 and unreal 2k4

because its a western genre and western games are really fucked to shit currently.

>good

yea in the last decade there was like 4 decent ones

Wrath: Aeon of Ruin looks promising.

Seconded, just wanna run around and blast things

It's a shame because the campaign was actually really good, it even managed to have likeable characters, as cliché as they were

Are you a butthurt Steam fag, or following (((THOUGHT LEADER CRITICS))) ?

>good
>singleplayer FPS
Pick one and only one.

Because for some reason it takes those fucking Croats almost ten years to come up with a sequel.
Apparently they're placing the 100.000 enemies by hand.

No, I don't give a shit about steam. Metro Exodus was just boring shit.

Level design is too hard.

OK baby.

According to most cod players COD changes to much.

doom wads exist
a more proper answer is the focus on multiplayer and the excuse for dropping what made fps interesting besides the shooting
imagine a timeline where wolfenstein 3d came after doom
realism also comes to mind because you can't create interesting enemy encounters if they're all just generic realistic terrorists, which is why segments such as turret sequences for example exist

>asking for more good single players
>user says metro which is a good game
"NO thats a shit game"

maybe you are the problem here user

Hot take, singleplayer FPS is and always was a dogshit genre.

All of them. Half life, bioshock system shock. You name it, it's dogshit.

Being a retard isn't hot user.

>which is a good game

Attached: 1541838580147.png (324x313, 235K)

see using those examples is why you think they're shit

hardcore henry was a good film

Whatever.
Fair point. The Scifi ones can be fun. But those are often forgotten so I just associate the genre with military dogshit.

Bulletstorm was fun.

I liked the last wolfenstein game.

Hot take: "Hot take" is a retarded ass term used by retards who think their opinions aren't good enough, so they must slap this term to make them stand out and get attention
Most people who refers to their shit as hot takes don't even believe what they say
See: TheGamingBrit and Feels

There’s a reason Quake 3 is praised more than 1 or 2.

Face it single player virgins multiplayer chads always win

It's my genuine opinion. Along with 3d collectathons I find them to be the genre with the least depth or worthwhile mechanics. They skate by on "immersion and story"

not him but it suffers from the same problem that the previous two games suffered from, which is hollywood movie wannabe syndrome
if they had a bigger budget, better voice actors, and better animations, it could be good

and don't even get me started on that one Anna scene in the good ending (you know which one it is), that shit is just pure fucking cringe, I don't understand what the fuck they were thinking when they decided to add that, it completely ruined the atmosphere and emotional strength of the ending

Just wait
youtu.be/fJ1wXRrkC6Y

Attached: IMG_20190306_163324.jpg (499x214, 42K)

Attached: 06EE3EDE-49CF-44C2-939B-B8C5D3EAC3F8.jpg (4570x3047, 1.43M)

>single-player
There are no good FPS games anymore period. Online or not, they're all shit nowadays.

?
Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they don't exist you retarded faggot

Attached: 1517767037255.jpg (680x794, 71K)

Because they don’t make money.

Attached: 60E92675-FB77-4B45-B6A4-C83FD23BA384.jpg (750x432, 57K)

What I want to know is why science fiction setting for fps means AR-15 that fires blue bullets?

>retro single player FPS
Back in the day, the only good part of an FPS was the multiplayer. The single player was shit.

Attached: 1428569537794.jpg (511x509, 52K)

Because it's cheaper and more profitable to make online multiplayer ones.

lookin ass

lookin ass

Tell us more about back in the day, zoomer.

If you weren't around to remember that Quake 3 and UT dumped single player for a reason, then you are the zoomer.

Only starting with Quake 3, when they completely ignored the single player.

And look where those games are now.
Meanwhile, both Quake 1 and DOOM get jerked off so much their 2.5D/early 3D cock must be all shriveled out.

Those are pretty hard to make. One needs to do some serious work to design a game and make decent level design, variety of enemies and weapons, and stitch it all together. Then again, that would not sell too good.
It's much easier to come up with some half-assed arenas, shit netcode and add some level progression and lootboxes.
That kind of game should be supported with regular patches for a year or two, thogh. But it only takes shifting the balance slightly and releasing new guns and levels every patch.

If you were actually around during that time you would also have remembered that doing so was incredibly fucking controversial.

That's Cowboy Henk or something it's a movie.

I thought it was pretty fucking boring and bad

Which was ultimately suicide since the earlier SP in those series was top tier and they just threw it away.

Ravenfield

Quake 3 had no SP since Quake 2's SP was trash, unlike Quake 1

We still have Titanfall 2. Even then it's still considerably short ( even if the campaign is well paced)

>Quake 3 and UT
Zoomer.

Unfortunately Exodus wasn't really good. It has a high potential but somehow the end result was incompetent.