These things are worse than the salamanders from dark souls 2...horrible game design...instant death for pawns...

These things are worse than the salamanders from dark souls 2...horrible game design...instant death for pawns,and an instant death attack that GOES THROUGH WALLS WTF...you see that red circle spinning you know you are FUCKED

Attached: pieceofshit.png (526x565, 510K)

Move out of the circle retard

Lol i did , still an instant death attack is unacceptable,artificial difficulty.

Kill them before they finish casting, idiot.

im level 30 i did no damage to it,instead ran away and it disappeared...guess i won , yay!

>I'm retarded
>but it's the game's fault!

Not my problem

you shouldn't be running into these at lvl 30. you went to BBI way too early

You went to BBI earlier than you were prepped to handle it. That is on you. You don't even need to be able to kill a mimic, just flinch it out of a casting animation. If you have no gear that can preform that feat it's just a lack of prep.

Yeah i figured as much...the enemies before that chest were pretty easy so i didnt suspect...then all of a sudden it's cranked up to 11

What class is your preference?

Assassin...dashing around has been a lot of fun so far

>exequy

You have several seconds to escape a tiny ring with a clear countdown AND a bit extra time in the actual activation. Literally just walk out of it; hell it doesn't even Rift pawns so if all three go down faster than your mum when the sailor's come knockin just do the usual retard roundup to get 'em back on their feet.

A single hit frees anyone being chewed, you can also mash free if you're the victim and your pawns aren't feeling helpful, or if you can't be arsed one way or another just let it swallow you and burn one of your bajillion Wakestones to rez at full life with no penalty.

The irony here is Exequy is smaller, slower to activate, and less certainly-lethal than Maelstrom.

>bitching about a postgame dungeon offering even the barest hint of challenge
>probably hasn't even fought the titular dragon yet which isn't even the end of the main game

Attached: SHIT.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

Explosive arrows have a fucking massive flinch potential.

>instant death attack that's avoidable is artificial difficulty

lmao op you're a fucking retard git gud

No dice...i only have sleep poison and blind arrows

how many of these things are in this dungeon?

ugh so there will be more instant death things around?

BBI is the hardest thing in the game, which is the best thing about it. You're allowed to go at any time and if you have massive fucking balls its even possible to finish parts of it at lower than normal levels however it is ultimately meant for characters who're closer to level 100+ than level 10.

Come back after 20 levels and fuck around some more. Once you get curb stomped again leave and come back after another 20. You'll creep through and the trouble you go through will amounts to extra wealth and a chance at obtaining very powerful armor early. The quality of your armor really counts. It's possible to play the whole game up using armor that looks how you like but it effectiveness is your preference there is a best in slot in every sense.

how was he supposed to know that?

Google it. Explosive arrows can be crafted. You only need to understand what items you should be picking up and combining on sight.

The vast majority of items can be crafted. The more used to that you are the more you process the junk into shit you'll use. It's one of the most important differences between a new player and one that stomps shit. Knowing how to great the items and charms that are best for you is very, very big.

idk look it up before starting a thread screaming "artificial difficulty"

>See the enemy charging an attack.
>See a dark red circle with a draining meter appear in the place you are standing the same time.

Surely these two things are unrelated.

I love crafting in this game , havent found explosive arrows yet though

I wish BBI was more than it was though. It felt like one "stratum" (to borrow that word from EO) that you had to do twice to finish it. And your main motivation to explore it several times were to get the unique BBI gear, but once you get it you're hilariously OP and there is no point in playing any more.

If we get a DD2 they better include (or make a proper DLC later) a really deep dungeon as post-game content

I was merely joking, friends

Attached: DSP_CowboyHat.png (237x200, 58K)

Those things are great. I love watching my cute elf pawn get vored.

>waaaaah instant death attacks are too hard

what a soft generation

The best part about BBI Mimics is that they can appear randomly to a certain extent. I'll explain.

Rooms in BBI eventually repopulate. If memory serves every three days it'll fill again on a room by room basis. The game fills rooms in the order you cleared them. Chests and all.

There are specific rooms with specific chests that CAN be a mimic. Sometimes there is no mimic. Sometimes either chest will have one. Astronomically rarely both will. The chests that CAN be mimics are never close together. Beating a mimic results in it dropping from the Mimic foe's personal drop table which contains way better shit then the drop table of the chest it'll randomly inhabit.

No one is renting my pawn reeeeeeeeee

I definitely wanted more when I beat it too, though I don't think it was because BBI was too short. I just think it was so good to play a harder Dragon's Dogma that it was fuckin addicting.

I still have wet dreams about a world where we got Dragon's Dogma to fuse the idea of Bitterblack Isle and its challenge level with the idea of the Everfall.

>tfw you learn how to deal with mimics as a solo assassin

truly I have never felt more enlightened

Attached: 1486681275911.jpg (349x358, 41K)

If true am reasonably impressed user.

These things are awesome when you're high enough level to kill them every time, insta-BBI loot.

Alright let me explain so you can all be enlightened:
>approach suspicious chest
>use assassin skill which places down powder charge
>walk away from the chest, do a decent loop of the nearby area and come back
>trigger the powder charge while standing right in front of the chest
>immediately open the chest
>the powder blast uses your path between placing and igniting as a fuse, so the fuse will loop back and the blast will knock you out of any potential mimic
>use blast arrows/powder charges/any other means to dispatch the mimic once you are free

>instant death for pawns
lol just jumpslash it twice with a greatsword

dude just set yourself on fire

The Egression augment from Fighter makes it much easier to get out of those, it's extremely useful for escaping multiple enemy grabs in BBI.

Hehehhe im laughin

Attached: 20190311_104710.jpg (717x717, 162K)

can you roll or perfect block the grab when you open the chest?

>If we get a DD2
There are strait up saurians in DMC5. It looks like preproduction has already started.

There are only 2 chests in the entire isle that are guaranteed to have them, the rest are random. On you're first run there can only be one per area so if you encounter one in the area you're good to go for opening the other chests without a problem.

You ARE going to want to kill them though because IIRC they drop lvl2 or 3 cursed loot, some of the best in the game.

>Get grabbed by a mimic
>All my pawns do nothing to help

Thanks fags