Can it be saved?

Can it be saved?

Attached: Final_Fantasy_logo.png (2000x860, 414K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only if they give FFV & VI a remake in the style of FFIII and IV remakes for DS.

3's DS remake was good but 4 was absolutely horrible, so I don't trust them to make 5/6 remakes good.
also the graphics were shit i'd rather they just give a proper cleaned sprite remake, like 4 on psp.
anyway, as a whole, no, the series is fucked. Steep decline since X, they literally made 2 MMOs, they only care about turning a profit. 13/15 being graffix bullshittery with 0 gameplay to speak of lends credence to that as well, the entire game's (15s) story can be pieced together through fucking ads.

Yes, but not by Square-Enix.

>implying XV was bad

No I'm outright saying that XV was bad.

I only had to play the demo for 10 minutes to know XV was gonna be fucking awful

Came here to post this.

SE has tanked the entire franchise, and the original devs have scattered to the winds. There's nothing left but Korean ports and cup noodles.

>implying the DS will still be relevant by 2020
>implying anyone at SE is competent enough to make a Switch port without outsourcing or poorly migrating the mobile versions
Enjoy your funko pop FF5 "remake" in 2032, user. Maybe FF6 will be completely forgotten by then, so we won't suffer through them doing further damage.

Only if Yoshi-P or Yoko Taro directs

Who would you give it to then

It hurts me knowing what could have been.
youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8&

>Can it be saved?

Maybe.

But a few things would need to be done:
Stop announcing shit too early (VersusXIII/XV and VII Remake)
Stop re-inventing the wheel with every damn installment (look at the radical changes from X to XII to XIII to XV and not all of them were good)
No multimedia stuff just to tell the story of one game (aka what XV did with it's DLCs (some of which got cancelled), Movie, Multiplayer (seriously, story for a single player game locked behind multiplayer DLC is sad), and anime)

Even if they went back to it's roots, it would still tank because turn based rpgs are boring af. Chrono Trigger and FF7 are the best we're going to get until they figure out a way to keep it away from turn based gameplay

No.
Their half-assed trash sold millions, why even put effort anymore when people will buy it just because a post on reddit/Yea Forums told them it was good?

>Another thread of disenfranchised morons bitching about being left behind and pretending modern FF doesn't sell millions of copies even though they hate it
When will you accept the harsh truth that you're just not part of their target audience anymore?
When will you stop pretending FF has ever not being shit?

Attached: 1517704053340.jpg (562x600, 37K)

Final Fantasy hasn't been turned based in a long time

There's a difference between "not being the target audience" and "the game lacks the soul it had years ago"

I can only speak for myself, but what I enjoyed most about turn-based combat in FF was having control over the entire party. It feels more meaningful to obtain skills and equipment when you get to use them yourself. How would one even go about achieving this feeling with real-time combat?

You don't, it's impossible to control an entire party yourself without turn based combat. Even if you can swap control between party members you'll still have the AI making stupid decisions while you're not controlling the other 3 characters.
Closest we got was FFXII's gambit system, where you basically could program them to respond to certain things, but it still wasn't the same level of control you get with turn based.

>put mainline dormant
>return to turnbased and straight fantasy via spinoffs
>generate some goodwill and survey what the fans like and dislike
>then return with a mainline game and dear fucking god drop the realistic movie boner

Attached: Girugamesh.jpg (680x498, 52K)

>3's DS remake was good but 4 was absolutely horrible
Funny, I feel the exact opposite. FFIV felt like a fresh take after Advance. FFIII was only liked because it was the only one remake and the only version to officially leave Japan.

Attached: based.png (1080x1520, 1.04M)

They can't even do a throwback game that "returns to our roots" because they've already been milking off nostalgic imagery for over a decade now

4 on PSP looked like shit though user

i don't like the soul vs soulless memes but what they did with that pixel res felt very phoned in, it all had an RPG maker vibe

not NEARLY as bad as the V and VI mobile ports though

Beg The Gooch to come back.

Attached: sakaguchi_headshot_interview.jpg (1280x1350, 129K)

Getting rid of him was their biggest mistake, he's literally the soul of Final Fantasy

This. SE considers the series to be better than it's ever been. Even the wikipedia pages for X-XV suggest critical acclaim and record sales. Boomers just got left behind.