ITT: Series that literally only have one good game

>ITT: Series that literally only have one good game

Attached: 220px-Star_Control_II_cover.jpg (220x261, 31K)

Star Control was also pretty good, it's just that you fucking zoomies don't see the value in a good fighting game.

there might be a second after the stardock butt fuck gets knee deep

Attached: spes.png (789x697, 214K)

>50 year old Gen Xers who haven't made a decent game since the early 90's and a bunch of baby-tier trash since are suddenly going to pull out a 10/10 followup to a game they were involved in 25+ years ago

You must donate to a lot of Kickstarters, user.

How about you suck my fucking cock, Stardock fanboy?

Brad Wardell is a faggot and Origins sucks dick. Literally all of the in-house Stardock games suck dick. And so do you. Anyone who throws money at [guy who made(worked on) video game that was good decades ago] because [I promise to make a game that will be just like the ones from your childhood] is a retard and you only exist to prop up failing careers and studios with crowdfunding money.

Attached: a5MZ4DL_700b.jpg (326x294, 18K)

I don't think Star Control is bad per se, it's just that it's largely obsolete thanks to SC2 Super Melee.

>stardock fanboy screeching on the defensive
>b-b-b-brad Wardell isn't a liar or a thief! hash tage gamegate!!!

Pathetic.

>fighting game

Well, that is one way to described it.

Pvp asteroids is another.

To feed your trolling ass, SC has always relied on the writing with pretty basic gameplay.

At the least its worth a shot.

Point is we're 4 games deep and if someone asked me what game to reccommend I'd only be able to say in good conscience SCII.

>SC1 is just the super melee mode in SCII but worse
>SCIII is a gigantic slap in the face, had tons of completely awful narrative and gameplay decisions.
>SC:O is just SCII, but instead of bringing the mechanics into the new era of game design, they literally just translated all of them into a 3D game. That and they removed the time limit

Asteroids is PvE SpaceWar

Attached: SpaceWar.png (1024x768, 1.27M)

Yeah just like PoE right

fgbg

Attached: 71flJ2CsLQS._SL1074_.jpg (737x1074, 126K)

Duke Nukem

I didn't think the story of Origins was that bad. Alot of the concepts that seemed original were actually decent. The rough point was that every ljne had to be a joke.

Attached: 56839125c8b1ec7e5b0badd67f76ecfd--bruce-campbell-evil-dead.jpg (600x841, 56K)

I can't play Star Control 1, I just can't grasp where I can move my units, the moving stars make it impossible for me to guess what star is connected to what other star. Am I retarded? Am I missing something? If I can't know where I can move my units to reach a specific place I can't even make any plans.

The actual gameplay of star control has always been kinda shit and only elevated because of how amazing the writing and setting is. As long as they can still do that and reasonably nail the gameplay it still should be good

I mean, you're not wrong but some come close.

Also fite me.

Attached: 14930_front.jpg (640x904, 109K)

I just don't like the lander gameplay, it's boring. and it's a big chunk of the game

Just start with II

SC isn't really shit. It's a fun, simple arcade game that doesn't get up in your face.

>Just start with II
beaten it twice

i mean you can try origins