Should i sell my 1070TI and just go for the RTX? And if so, where should I sell it?

Should i sell my 1070TI and just go for the RTX? And if so, where should I sell it?

Attached: 6291648_sd.jpg (550x341, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/review/1808-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-vs-rtx-2060-vs-gtx-980-ti/
forums.tomshardware.com/threads/installing-windows-7-with-a-ryzen-5-keyboard-and-mouse-stop.3187283/
nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/
ustream.tv/gpu-technology-conference
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no, rtx 2070 is just a 1070ti with raytracing, that only works for battlefield 5 and metro exodus

dont do it user.
raytracing and DLSS will take 1-2 year to really get going and by then the current RTX cards will be outdated or at least a lot cheaper.
and I'm saying this as someone that bought a current RTX card. Even games that promised to get DLSS (like anthem) didn't even bother in the end.

Don't bother buying into anything this generation.
RTX cards are new and overpriced plus Nvidia is declining in sales. Give it a year or two before buying a card again and you'll get a both cheaper and better card.

Did the RTX failed bros? I've seen some good deals on pre builts with the 2060 but I can still pay 1k less on hand-picked specs

Rtx is the modern equivalent of blast processing

No

No. Barely any performance increase for a large cost jump. Just hang on to the 1070ti for another 2 years and get a 3070

Why would anyone spend 200$ extra over a 2060 for 2070 when it gives like 10-12 fps more?

Novideot suckers buying into marketing.

>new consoles likely to be revealed this or next year
>ray tracing used in barely any games and has a severe performance impact
>already have a 1070ti

not worth upgrading, unless you're swimming in money and you fucking love gaymen, but in that case you wouldn't be with a 1070ti now would you

No, nothing uses raytracing. Don't do it unless you hate your money.

Doesn't 2060 only have 6GB VRAM? That's 2015-tier.

A 2060 is faster than a 1070 Ti.

Okay and what current games cause issues with 6gb vram at the 2060 performance level?

6GB ram means you can't play anything other than Minecraft at 1440p

Yes get the 2080ti
Dont sell it either give it away or toss it into the trash

>6GB vram
Sure, its faster at playing Doom in a 400x600 window.

Devs can't even get drivers for RTX cards working properly yet and they're performing worse than older cards or having massive instability issues, you'd be a fucking idiot to buy one.

t.fuckingidiotwhobought one.

>not getting AMD to prepare for your eventual ascension to the GNU/Linux master race where NVidia is garbage and AMD is god

A lot of AAAs with textures on Ultra
RE2, Fallout 4, Siege, to name a few.

The vram on Turing is faster, yes.

linux is shit
gnu is meaningless

>another brainlet that doesnt understand how vram works

>Linux
Racists aren't allowed to use Linux. Its in the CoC.

Attached: Screenshot_20190311-092311_Firefox.jpg (1440x2039, 889K)

>getting assraped by Microsoft or Apple
>2019
Good luck with that.

What resolution are you currently using? A 1070TI is a very good card, and the price would not justify the performance increase unless you're playing games on a 4k monitor.

>pre builts

Attached: 1548086559378.jpg (707x641, 39K)

Nvidia just works™ for me in Ubuntu 18.10

Let's see those benchmarks.

You mean just for the RTX?
Hell no.
Now, if you want to jump a performance class, a RTX 2080 would be the sane upgrade, tho unnecessary, in my opinion, since the 1070 ti is still one hell of a card.
We will only really know if RTX features are worth it a year from now.
I bet it'll be gameworks all over again.

Didn't you retards get burned bad enough by the 970. Are you really going to fall for the same trick. 8gb is minimum acceptable vram these days. 12+gb is preferred.

>caring about some stupid code of conduct made for the linux developers, not the end users
READING

Draw yourself a graph that shows 1 frame per 5 seconds, because that's what happens when you're out of VRAM.

>Using a platform developed by trannies and communists

Should I bother with the i9 9900k from what I've seen the most I would ever need for the moment is i7 9700k or i7 8700k. Got my self a rtx 2080 ti so I'm not really worried about a gpu for the next 4-5 years.

Attached: Feels Interesting.png (456x450, 48K)

>GNU/Linux
Question.
Are Win 98 and older games playable on Linux?
I wanted to revisit some of my old games, but those fuckers don't work on Win7.

back to your discord, tranny

8700k is more than enough

Depends.
Are you happy with the performance you're getting?

Attached: speccy_newestest.png (833x597, 45K)

No, raytracing is still a meme, it still halves your framerate.

Intel is dead in the water
Buy a second gen ryzen or wait for 7nm in the next couple months.
Only a complete retard buys intel.

>eyecandy has performance impact
Who would have thunk it?

Honestly don't trust my self enough to fiddle around with wires, even after watching a fair number of tutorials on how to assemble a PC. also needed to get some asistence with my first build, when it comes to compatibility of the motherboard with the processor chip. What i'm saying is, don't buy before you look up compatibility.

t. amddrone

>eyecandy
>needs before and after shots to even tell the difference
lol, totally worth your $600+ card struggling to hit 60fps at 1080p.

A severe performance impact.

>needs before and after shots to even tell the difference
>needs to lie on the internet

t. israel

Unless you're a content creator or something you don't need an i9, you barely need an i7.

I'm here for benchmarks, not your biased bullshit.

>Eyecandy
Nope. 4k looks miles better than 1080p+rtx

question. what do you think of a fair price for selling a graphics card which is 1 year old? 25 percent or 50 or even 10.

Well, if you bought a 2080 ti, than I'm going to assume money is jo object and tell you to just go for the 9990k with the beefiest possible cooler.
Otherwise, yes. The 9700k and the 8700k are more than good enough.

I've got 0 experience and reserch when it comes to current ryzen stuff and what motherboards it's compatible with.

Attached: Feels Conflicting.jpg (804x802, 85K)

Noooo. I can't believe 4k reduces fps.

Where is a 2060 faster than a 1070ti, I thought the 2060=1070, not even the ti

Nobody benches those cards at those settings because they don't fucking run
It's like asking for a bench of a gt 1030 running Metro at 4K

Everywhere. There are more than a couple of cases of it being faster than a 1080.

70% of retail.

Well, then you better get to it, because the vrams on those cards aren't even the same tech.

If you're using intel then you'll need a new mobo anyway
AMD's ryzen chips all use AM4, and it will be supported until the release of next year's chips, for a total of 4 years, because AMD doesn't make you throw your mobo in the trash every year like intel.

Justs use PCpartpicker it's pretty much idiot proof when it comes to compatibility. The only thing you really need to know when it comes to Ryzen is Windows 7/8 doesn't have USB3.0 drivers for it, so unless you're running Windows 10 you're going to need a PS/2 mouse and keyboard to get everything set up and you'll have to do a lot of digging to find the USB drivers.

Not him, but
1660 ti = 1070
2060= 1070ti
Then the vega 56 averages somewhere between the two.

Yea, looked up some processor stats, and it doesn't seem to do all that much for gaming, which is what I mainly want it for, it's like 2-3 extra frames, for like a 50% price increase. Seems pretty meh.

Why would you upgrade your CPU that often?
People tend to grossly oversell the usefulness of this.

The 2070 is faster than the 1080, let alone the 1070 Ti. It's slightly closer than that chart suggests, given that even the Turing FE cards are factory overclocked and being compared to stock Pascal cards, but they don't come close to closing the gap.

Attached: relative-performance_2560-1440.png (500x1050, 56K)

You don't seem to understand how VRAM works
Speed and bandwidth mean nothing if there's literally not enough space to load the assets into memory.
6GB is fucking shit in 2019 and only good goys would buy such a shit card.

???

Attached: yP7JUyQ.jpg (1088x814, 293K)

Benchmarks are advertising. Check forums and see people complaining about periodic freezing when using a 2060 at 1440p

If it cycles it fast enough then there is no problem. A 2060 is faster than a 1070 Ti in every single test they made at 4k or any res.

>mfw people have been shilling this bullshit idea since before Vulkan was released

Attached: 1334554.png (574x566, 423K)

I bought ryzen, and I will buy ryzen 3 when it's released next year. ryzen was by far the best perfromance to dollar CPU lineup on the market, and I needed a new CPU. Ryzen 3 will be a big step up as it will be on a refined 7nm process.

I guess if you're building a barebones PC to start off with with the intention of upgrading the parts later, i went from a R5 1400 to a r7 2600X

Those users need to benchmark it themselves, then, so we have verifiable evidence.

Except the ones that need more than 6GB VRAM, in which case enjoy your shit textures for your overpriced RTX meme.

What games is it beating the 2060 at?

Techpowerup graphs are so biased. All bullshit.

That's what researching is for user, I never had an issue when looking for compatible parts because I spend actually time researching products. And started building rigs when I was 15yo, stop being lazy.

Show me a benchmark tool that can record framerates below 1

Well, it's a good thing the 2060 and 1070 Ti are both incompetent at 8k, so we don't need to worry about it.

That website is only good for quick reference. Nothing beats the good old gaming benchmarks.
techspot.com/review/1808-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-vs-rtx-2060-vs-gtx-980-ti/

cs go only

Attached: 8KDzB1K.jpg (1437x789, 377K)

W A I T F O R N A V I

Dota 2 at 480p
>resolution is the only thing that uses VRAM
Ah, so you're an idiot.

You just need to stream gameplay and switch between those two cards. I don't care what you have to say before then.

Meant to quote.

Ok so you buy 2060 because bechmarks shows it gives you 60+ fps on 1440p on most games, what does 6gb do to affect your experience?

so should i get a GTX 2080 or 2070? the difference in FPS is only 10-15, but the price difference is 200-250 euros( 225- 280$ ) ? i mean with that 200 euro, i put another 200 and get a 1440p monitor

Attached: 8t8t8856867490.jpg (517x491, 27K)

5-6fps is literally what you get when you cap on VRAM. Happens on siege, rust, pubg and other VRAM intense games, which is an alarming majority of recent releases these days.

T. 1060 3gb owner who kinda wishes he got a 480 8gb for the same price.

Don't even bother, user. RTX is currently justa meme and the cards are way overpriced. If you had an old ass GPU, that'd be another story.

Don't argue with thick-skulls. He has got nothing against the dozens of benchmarks.

I'd just get a 1080ti desu.

wait 2nd gen rtx cards

I got a 980 Ti back when it launched and I play at 1080p. It's been a good card. Don't know when I'll upgrade.

Not being lazy, user, just unaware that there could even be compatibility issues, also I built my first pc ... well after I earned enough money from a rich family that could afford things like gaming pcs, I used the laptops one of my only surviving parents got from work, since they came with the job. So yea, I did what reserch I could, I just didn't know about compatibility, which is why I payed the place I bought the parts from for asembly and assistence with compatibility. Which is when they explained the chip thing to me.

Attached: Feels Shrug.jpg (546x550, 51K)

You probably won't need to for another few years if you're only playing on 1080p.

*when I earned enough money from my job, I don't come from a rich family that could afford things like gaming pcs.*
Doh

If you play at 1080p, it'll probably last you another two years or so.
Even more if you are willing to tweak settings manually instead of using presets.

That's a low amount of slow memory. A 2060 has GDDR6 which is why it doesn't choke.

The 260 has a memory clock of 1920MHz and a width of 192bits. That works out to about 5.7GB/s. If you only have 6GB of ram, but a scene needs 6.5GB to render, you simple dont have the bandwidth to achieve 60fps.

rtx 2060 is best choice if you are in the market for new upper mid-end computer but if you already have 1070, 980 etc just wait next gen rtx cards.

Well i would say for example if it was 400 you could sell it for 300 or something

I can still run pretty much everything maxed out on a 970, you won't need to upgrade for a while.

You don't buy them for the RTX, outside of 2080Ti. Their raster performance is fine.

Although if you already won a 1070Ti then I would wait for the 30xx.

no they dont i havent see a game which exceeds 6gb at 1080p

All memory "chokes". Transfering data to VRAM is always much slower than reading memory already in VRAM. Any time a scene demands more memory than you have, you are suffering severe performance degradation. Faster BUS helps alleviate some issues where you need to quickly swap memory, such as when your character is spinning around rapidly, but it won't save you in a scene that simply needs more ram than you have.

25 to 30% seems fair. thanks for the info

Pascal needs 256bit because it was just GDDR5. Turing uses much faster GDDR6 and has more bandwidth with just a 192bit configuration.

Not him, but anything that records frame to frame intervals.
A vram dip generates a very noticeable spike in these kinds of charts.

Thats why we are talking about 1440p. 2060 is a great 1080p card. But you will hit scenes that cripple it at 1440p in some recent games

So wait another 1-2 years then?

Definitely wait unless 1440p+ is killing you.

I've seen people using this artument a lot, but I thing thats not actually the case.
To me, it seens like the ammounts of vram we get is more a result of how many SMs they decide to put on any give GPU.

Yeah. Probably till next gen. Or if the sales stay as slow as they are now, NVidia might release a GTX version of them with no RTX support for cheap. Then it would be worth it.

I mean, I might like to record gameplay every now and again, probably won't be streaming tho.

You can easily stream with as little as an R5 1600

those arent real benches have you used the user benchmark tool before its just synthetics

I'm fine with my 1080p 144hz monitor actually. And don't really plan on upgrading from that, more interested in a good balance between looks and frame rate.

Buy a 2080 TI, and you're set for the next 20 years, not even joking

That's never going to happen. All high end GPUs will be RTX from now on. Nvidia's future kind of depends on it.

If you mine with it for about a year and then sell it what you get + what you mined will probably do alright. Get the 2080 ti tho.

>$400 card
>mid
fuck jewidia

Upper mid, it's equivalent to an X80 of previous generations

>implying they can even keep track of contributors politics
it just sounds nice but won't ever be used

They are scrambling with the 1660 already. RTX is simply too pricey, especially when consoles are dirt cheap atm. Amd is shit, but at least its affordable shit

Wonder if ray tracing gives you an advantage, might see the enemy around the corner in a reflective surface. Hmm ... kinda like how you'd have an advantage with high settings shadows vs no shadows, if the shadows show from around corners, or my favorite, through walls, because the wall is so thin that the game engine just renders the shadow through the wall.

Attached: 35.png (274x258, 46K)

7nm RTX will sell like hot cakes. We already have so many people planning on skipping the 20.

No one outside the HEDT niche should buy it for RTX, honestly, but the price increase because of the tecnology is still there, either if you use it or not...

Yeah, you're good for the time being. Maybe consider a reliable (e.g not used for mining) used 1080ti if you feel like struggling at higher resolutions.

I got an RTX 2080 because it cost the same as a 1080Ti, and I was looking to upgrade anyway.
Since their performance is identical, even if the RTX came with meme features I would never use, I figured it would be more future proof than the 1080 Ti would be.

Well rtx 2080 ti feels pretty nice in score at least, from a max of 383.48 score it got 478.56 on the heaven benchmark on ultra from what I've seen. Also the rtx titan is apparently worse than the 2080 ti for gaming, and it's mainly gonna get used by neural networks.

Attached: 80.jpg (581x440, 121K)

there is hardly any value anymore, until the 1650 ti comes out maybe

Titans were never made for gaming in mind.

If you got the money sure, I got a 2080Ti and it's amazing, will probably not need another upgrade in a decade

Ray tracing is like going super saiyan. At first incredibly difficult and almost impossible. but you struggle and keep going, until boom, you have enough power to drop raster rendering. Then everything just works.

>recommending GPUs based on synthetic benchmarks' scores

That would be like if you bought a Geforce 256 in 1999 and you only decided to upgrade now. I don't believe you even if I factor in that hardware stopped evolving at the rate it did during the late 90s.

most games are cross platform, next gen consoles will have 1070-tier gimped navi, weaker than yours. your card may even carry you 5 more years if you game 1080p.

NO! Wait til June/July for Ryzen 3. They look stronk as fuck and on the cheap, and Intel just got hit with a new vulnerability that doesn't affect AMD. Intel cucks like me will be getting 15%-20% performance downgrades via patches very soon.
>t. waiting for Ryzen

I think you meant to say multiplatform, only Xbox games are cross-platform really, besides the occasional indie title.

Next turd Bethesda shits out will probably require a beast GPU to run, purely out of being unoptimized.

I paid $1140 CAD total for my rtx 2080. u mad?

The gap widens every update, too. I just bought a 2080 because my 1080 wasn't hacking it in 1440p 144hz gaming anymore. The 2080 has been running shit like a champ, but I couldn't justify the premium for the ti.

That's 1070 though, not 1070 ti.

I bought for around the same price in my currency. It would probably have been a lot cheaper if it wasn't for the extremely high VAT my country has on anything even in world standards.

>not TI
What're you poor?

I already shudder at the idea of Bethesda implementing RTX features.

Fallout 76 barely goes above 60 fps, now they are moving to next gen and putting RTX on top of it?

Do you have too much money on your hands or something? At least wait a year or two before upgrading your graphics card.

Intel either keeps pushing out minor improvements over the i9 9900k or they release 1st gen 10nm CPUs which you won't want to buy anyways because it's fucking 1st gen tech. It depends on how long you want to wait really since you can get a lot more out of a CPU than a GPU these days

Both Conroe and Nehalem were beasts though.

Not the same guy, I also have a 2080 non-ti, and the reason is that I couldn't justify the insanely large price difference for the ti over the regular one. I was only looking to upgrade to 1080ti to begin with.

Only the goodest goyim buy a new card from every.series released.

Less retarded goyim that bought 980ti or 970 and didn't buy the 1060 or 1070 or 1080 can consider the 20x0 series but even for them its a retarded waste most of the time.

Why sidegrade?
RTX is just a scam.

Wait for the next nvidia gen or for an AMD GPU.

>Nehalem
Was it? I'm literally on a Lynnfield i5 750 still and it seems like a bad choice compared to waiting a bit longer and getting the 2500k which is what virtually everyone got

Not everyone likes to play on laptop resolutions. I'm permanently making the move to 1440p.

Good advertisement for nvidia, though.

Attached: 1550071866181.gif (200x200, 1.32M)

Don't worry, their HQ would sooner explode while testing RTX for the first time on their 90-year-old engine

2500k stutters like a retard without hyperthreading. Based x58 is actually dominates it if you run a used 980/990x or Xeon.

yes

good goy, keep buying the latest video cards.

>when it comes to Ryzen is Windows 7/8 doesn't have USB3.0 drivers for it
There's no way this is true, right? If it is then AMDrones should really kys themselves and stop shilling their retarded product.

Why would I be mad that a retard overpaid for a shitty graphics card that loves to die?

I have a 970 right now (built my rig couple years ago) but I want to get a new card. Preferably around $300-$400.

What card will get me the best quality within that price range?

Which 2060 has least awful fans?

RTX 2060 or Vega 64 if you can find one.

Videos with benchmarks and comparisons have led me to 2060. Looks like you guys further confirmed it. Cheers.

It's true, don't act like this is an AMD specific p[roblem, the newest Intel chips are the same.
forums.tomshardware.com/threads/installing-windows-7-with-a-ryzen-5-keyboard-and-mouse-stop.3187283/

You can add them to the installer with 2 clicks.
When w7 came out USB 3.0 wasn't a thing yet.

I went 1070 to 2080. If I had a 1070Ti I probably would have just waited.

I sold it on ebay but it took me a couple tries because buyers are getting scummy as fuck on that site, maybe I was just unlucky though because I hadn't had any problems prior to this.

1660Ti, avoid the 2060 since its overpriced.

Fuck no

when is a gpu actually worth updating from a 1070 gonna release? it feels so stagnant right now.

Why would it be worth upgrading each generation unless you always buy the highest tier card?

Sometimes there is barely a difference in the price.

Just wait for Navi.

$250 for gtx 1080.

Whatever you do, don't got for the rtx. Just get a 1080ti or keep your old gpu if that satisfies you.

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

Lynnfield are actually excellent cpu's. I own an i5 760 and it's an absolutely fantastic cpu, can be oc'd into 3.5's easily, never had a single issue with it in almost ten years of having it.

If I wanted to play most new games on ultra and not worry about buying new card for a while, what card should I get to pair up with 9600k? I have 970 atm.

At least you're being more realistic now. I remember when it was RTX 2070 level for $250.

Attached: Untitled.png (1443x960, 67K)

$50-70 is not "barely".

I overclocked my i5 750 to 3.8ghz and it's just enough to play newer games at low settings. It's really struggling to keep up these days and why I'm upgrading my whole build now except for my 1060

I thought the 2070 was basically a 1080 though

GTX 1070Ti is a 1080 so yeah.

Sue said that the Radeon VII is the highest gpu they'll release this year, and she said the higher gpus will come out in 2020.

So Navi coming out this year at most will be a 1070ti/1080.

Isn't 1440p the new norm? So why the hell is 6gb of vram think is enough. The 1660 ti will only last a year before you'll be force to buy whatever new gpu jewvida shills out.

Most games are not that cpu intensive at all, having a four core 3.8 should be sufficient fir mid-high, not low.

2gb of VRAM should be fucking sufficient, it's just that devs got incredibly lazy at optimising their games and abuse the fuck out of RAM and VRAM now

Because nvidia just wants to jew everyone, its not enough but its cheaper for them and they can sell it like it was 8GB.
The 1660Ti screams planned obsolescence in every way possible, just look at the 120W power limit, sadly its the only cars that makes sense to buy this gen.

Are you an idiot? How much does the 2070 cost in comparison? The 2060 is an amazing deal.

The 1660Ti is $280-290, the 2060 is $360-390, the performance difference is not that big.

Which makes it the cheapest jump you'll ever get at that level.

I upgraded from a 980 4GB to a 2060 6GB to play at 1440p. How bad did I fuck up?

Why even bother picking up the 1660 ti or the 2060 or even the 2070 when you can pick up a used 1070/1070ti/1080 for around the same price?

It works for 60 fps now, but you are going to need to sell it later and buy a 30xx.

>2060
>amazing deal
1070 is better for the same money

Attached: 1551000937613.gif (255x160, 1008K)

Running the same card but at 3440x1440 and I will consider upgrading when the next round of cards release.

The new cards just make no sense at all.

Attached: relative-performance_1920-1080.png (500x1010, 52K)

>owns a 2080 ti
>wastes money on an inferior AMD processor
(lol

Pascal users upgrade is in 2020 with 7nm GPUs

Nvidia will probably announce their Volta successor, 7nm GPU at GTC next week since it's almost 2 years old by now

nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/

ustream.tv/gpu-technology-conference

There won't be any 10nm CPUs from Intel this year, it will be a paper launch. The only 10nm CPUs will be doled out to reviewers, it'll be slightly faster than what AMD's 3rd gen Ryzen but will also be expensive.

By the time they actually release 10nm CPUs that don't have marked up prices they'll face stiff competition from 7nm+ TSMC CPUs.

RTX is shit and not worth the money, and the only reason I have one is because I stole it

Still sitting on my old 980ti, is there even any point to upgrade yet?

I have the same card too, haven't bought a AAA game since Fallout 4, there is no reason to upgrade yet.

Thoughts on buying a 1080 from Ebay?

Enjoy your mining scraps.

inquire about a warranty and you may have to re-lubricate/replace the fans if it was previously a miner card.

Kek, based nigger

>steal
Pathetic. I got mine doing a "favor"

Attached: 39929220_2203323786362947_6315577854889295872_o.jpg.ba2d2ac106e560798f11bcb381c023f5.jpg (846x1200, 135K)

Say I don’t care about resolution beyond 1080p but I do want to get stable 240+ frames in games and I also want to get into the best VR I can. What combination of card/processor would you guys recommend?

240 isn't easy to get even in semi-old games. You'll need a 2080 Ti.

idk if u want to play ultra settings 4k if is not the case the 1070ti have enogh performance to carry u 2 to 4 years on the ultra 1440p , if u were u il keep the card and wait for the next gen .

I have an i5 8400 and an rtx 2060. I play 1080p 144hz. It's pretty based

Attached: 1546328166367.gif (200x200, 288K)

Sounds like a horrible build, something you would find in a prebuilt.

You really are the dumbest one on this board.

It's called a midrange build. High price/perf

Attached: cnn_goggles.jpg (696x695, 49K)

sure but damn a 2060 with a 8400 , something went terribly wrong in that guys head .

Attached: 1519863102773.jpg (650x490, 20K)

Nah youre just retarded or something

Attached: 1515183722601.gif (480x360, 1.61M)

You guys have any suggestion for someone like me who needs a gpu that can do dx11? I don't care about the graphics or anything. I just need a temp gpu to use until I can buy a gtx 1080.

Disgusting picture, shame on yourself you incel, get laid will help you.

Do you by any chance have a tumblr blog?

None of your business, get out of your room once in a while.