You did merge with helios right, Yea Forums?

You did merge with helios right, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1546303541618.jpg (631x591, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v4Q4PyTpLuU
youtu.be/BdavWpPa4eg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's literally the only logical option
The other two endings are flat out retarded in comparison

yes

I agree, I can't imagine anyone picked the asian dudes ending.

The music is really good.

>someone presses the self-destruct button on the generator
>machine cannot interface with the system powering it and dies
wow really powerful """god""" there

Cringe, technology is bad going back is better

>shut down the internet
>somehow this means all technology will miraculously go away
Great plan you got there, chief.

What game?

my friend literally goes TECHNOLOGY BAD in every game he can

>Tfw didn't know I could save Paul and felt retarded for the rest of the game

Fuck that, I joined the illuminati

I felt like it was the biggest fuck you to both sides so I chose it

You don't miss out on much but that's what you get for running like a bitch.

You did well.

Attached: big win.png (1516x828, 288K)

gag ending

I did not have nerves of steel

The problem is that all the endings are so vague.
I replayed Deus Ex this week and went for Tong because I'm into Ted K and crashing the whole fucking world atm.

However, destroying global communications would realistically do fuck all and shit would be up and running after a few years. There wouldn't be "citystates, villages, craftsmen" etc. You'd have to destroy a lot more than a comm hub for that to happen.

The Illuminati ending was interesting until Paul said it would be 20th century capitalism all over again, and Morgan's shadiness started shining through. The 20th century was the biggest disaster in history.

The only reason we have to believe Helios wouldn't pave over the whole planet and put everyone on a diet of Onions Food is the vague promise that maybe JC's influence would lead to something more human than that.

Attached: 1311894444044.png (400x400, 159K)

I choose my nigga Everett, best song for the ending
youtube.com/watch?v=v4Q4PyTpLuU

>The problem is that all the endings are so vague.
Then play Invisible War, where every single ending is canon at the same time and they somehow made it make sense.

>However, destroying global communications would realistically do fuck all and shit would be up and running after a few years. There wouldn't be "citystates, villages, craftsmen" etc. You'd have to destroy a lot more than a comm hub for that to happen.
tong's ending is to destroy area 51 to make an emp and fuck all electronics up, killing communications is just a side effect, that's what the ps2 version of the ending shows anyways

yessss.........

>The 20th century was the biggest disaster in history.
Not in DX history. The 20th century was a pretty chill time compared to the 21th when shit really hit the fan on a global scale.

Helios is the best ending in both games. Yes invisible war wasn't very good but if it got one thing right it was the helios ending

IIRC it never said anything about EMP to me, on PC. Maybe I missed a dialogue somewhere.
It just said destroying the communications hub that is A-51 and thus wrecking all telecomms.

What does EMP even do? If it literally fries every single circuit in the world beyond use, that's pretty based. If it's temporary, it's lame.

Source? I thought pre-2001 world history was canon to Deus Ex?

>and they somehow made it make sense
Oh no, they did not. It was a cop-out.

It's not so much the best ending in IW as it is the one that sucks the least by a relatively small margin.

>IIRC it never said anything about EMP to me, on PC. Maybe I missed a dialogue somewhere.
>It just said destroying the communications hub that is A-51 and thus wrecking all telecomms.
I can really remember honestly, I think you just gotta assume tong wants to fuck up electronics
>What does EMP even do? If it literally fries every single circuit in the world beyond use, that's pretty based. If it's temporary, it's lame.
I think it depends on the magnitude of it, I aint really sure
here's the ps2 ending by the way
youtu.be/BdavWpPa4eg

If you count the events of nu-DX (which I dont) and IW then it's roughly as bad as the 20th century with its endless wars. The Grey Death was pretty horrific though, there aren't any specific death toll numbers but we know it's incredibly infectious and only Ambrosia or immunity can counteract it. Which is one reason not to choose the Tong ending, since it also destroys all means of ever using the UC to fabricate any more, although depending on what you believe an EMP might also kill all the GD nanites but that's not very likely and it'd only take one surviving to re-infect everyone.

He says posting on the internet with his fancy shmancy cell phone in a well lit room probably with a TV on in the room

>I thought pre-2001 world history was canon to Deus Ex?
Yes. Thing is, what follows is so much worse it retrospectively makes 20th a fucking wonderful time to be alive.

Illuminati did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1531759145107.jpg (2560x1440, 701K)

>If you count the events of nu-DX (which I dont)
I don't. For DX I count only the game, its design documents, and to a lesser degree IW canon. Same team, same writers, little time between production, but it's clear that less effort an d thought went into it. Regardless, it's good to clear up some intentions behind the original's endings. But for history, in particular I accept the Deus Ex Bible's version of 21th century world events, and it's anything but nice.