Do you like ARG's Yea Forums?

Do you like ARG's Yea Forums?

Attached: petscop_icon.jpg (600x600, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dkxi71OUckg
youtube.com/user/alantutorial
youtube.com/watch?v=A-HKMDOFKW4
wiki.crygaia.org/view/Alternate_Reality_Game
youtube.com/watch?v=TgxSIFcTvLo
youtube.com/watch?v=wjZTfP2lNAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only when they're interactive, actually leading up to something, and know how to pace themselves. Petscop fails at all of this.

>Petscop
shut up and finish the goddamn series

I haven't kept up on this in a while. I think the last episode I watched was 13

That's a dead kid.

Binge watched all episodes for the first time 2 days ago. What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: qe2y40qg5kwy.png (177x256, 30K)

You mean Marvin? He's the father of Care and probably abused her.

I know, but why would he kill his own friend, to "rebirth" her as his daughter and then later on actually kidnap his own daughter?

Well there's only been 3 more episodes which were almost literally nothing so you didn't miss much

i detest when an ARG is just a longwinded advert so that some goy can charge shekels to continue the story
that being said the various ones where in a 'serial killer' leaves a trail of clues involving real unsolved cases tickles my true crime pickle

Is that Hyo-Hyo from Kaiba?

Attached: 285583.jpg (225x350, 17K)

Petscop is pretty cool. Less an ARG and more of a spooky story told through the guise of a guy playing an old unlicensed PS1 game he found that included notes on what to do to find things out. The guy creating it makes a pretty convincing looking "lost" PS1 game for sure.

a lot of ARGs are just creepypastas with bonus media
the AR part is obviously that he uploads his shit to a real website as if it were real
the G is where it lacks in that for all the theorizing about it theres little to no interaction between producer and players

I feel like it would've been a step further to being an ARG if the creator also made a Garalina website or something that hid a secret.

Or to have Paul interact with the comments in some way. Even if he's only seriously interacting with sock accounts when it comes to what he does in game.

Creator is pretty smart to not include any other medium except for Youtube. Otherwise, it'll already turned into a shitfest.

Yeah, there's no need for it to have ARG qualities. Staying as what is basically just a TV series made to look like a Let's Play is fine enough.

I liked the first few episodes, but then it just gets confusing. I don't even know who is who in this show. Is it just me or that's also a part of the series?

Is Petscop even an ARG?

I just hope we will get a new episode within the next 24 hours.

More like next 24 weeks.

Let's see.
>Paul: Protag, pretty obvious
>Care: Only girl sprite in the game
>Marvin: creepy green bean guy
>Tiara/Belle: Smiley face
>Jill: not in the game
>Dead Kid: Probably the one who runs the tool, not directly shown
>Paul's mysterious friend: not in the game
There's also a triangle headed dude and G I R L who are still not revealed.

I love ARGs, when they are done right.

youtube.com/watch?v=dkxi71OUckg
was this done right or wrong?

I like them when they're done right. In other words the only ones worth a shit 99% of the time are the ones done by Alan Resnick.

Attached: Alan Resnick.jpg (900x900, 66K)

Holy shit, based kaiba poster.

I hope they are actually making a game with this stuff basically being a tutorial for accessing arg tier content
I'd buy it

Oh yeah, the guy behind all those Adult Swim early morning short films. He's damn good at horror for being a comedy guy.

I love them in fact but pic related is dogshit. You can't have these huge gaps of dead silence and expect people to stay interested. Like a couple weeks to a month is cool but fuck, haven't there been 5 month gaps at points now?

He also made the pure kino that is Alantutorial.
youtube.com/user/alantutorial

Update never fucking ever

What a guy.

The Secret World had the best ARG events in vidya up until it reached a point where people discovered a real-world location and one of the players had to physically go there, find what was there, and tell everyone else about it. It blended real-world and in-game information together really well. The puzzles missions were like that to a lesser degree too. Too bad the overall gameplay was sub-par and it died.

Attached: ea_tsw_1.jpg (1280x720, 827K)

Wrong, obviously. If you’re doxing and getting confused for terrorists, you’re fucking up big time.

The only interesting ARGs are ones that either have something real behind them (like that Cicada thing which was apparently a job test) or maintain possibility there's something real.

It feels like he's making it up as he goes along

I wonder what hell he would unleash if a studio gave him the money to make a film.

Was it the one with the 300 year wait and one of the hints were hidden near the Eiffel tower?

I honestly can't imagine.

Trials Evolution.

No. My inability to participate in the IRL portions always trigger my autism. no ARG is going to take place in bumblefuck, saskatchewan

I GOT ____ ____ IN THA TRUNK

Was Cicada's goal ever figured out? They say it's to recruit but I don't think anyone has actually confirmed

Fucking pyro make part 2 already

IF YOU HEAR BEFORE YOU SEE ME

I think it was actually a cybersecurity company.

I respect the work they've put into Petscop but the last few eps (13-16) have been a bit too much for anyone who doesn't follow the wikis to keep up with anymore. With all the colors, different players, demo mode, etc. etc.

Also it's been 4 months come on guys, 7 months really since the last update wasn't shit

Attached: dubious.png (898x862, 705K)

I like the idea but they're rarely done right nowadays, and I never got to participate in a good one. I also don't think it's possible to make a good ARG now that the wild west days of the internet are gone and everything has to be safe and normalfag-friendly.

When is the god damn furry gonna finish part 2

>saskatchewan
oh fuck you now i have have to sing
>youtube.com/watch?v=A-HKMDOFKW4
but i know your pain, maybe geotagging is more up your alley

Unless Adult Swim decides to do one

I swear args are never a big thing anymore. Back during the portal ones it felt like they were this big event that everyone was trying to solve.

Valve use to be so good at ARGs back when they cared.

Attached: 7939010bd4e872f57385d532d5d836de.png (1004x743, 459K)

Potato Sack ARG was the only one I participated in, barely missed out on completing it

>There will probably never be an ARG as huge and crazy as ilovebees again
Hold me bros

Attached: 1531789905338.png (300x255, 13K)

There's been so many that I don't remember anymore.

Attached: tswargs.png (1700x849, 47K)

Link to that wiki?

ilovebees was how I discovered ARGs. that was some cool shit

petscop spooked me hard for the first few episodes. the tension has sort of dissolved since it's not going to do much beyond being cryptic. it needs more stuff like
also pic related was my captcha lol

Attached: biker.png (404x585, 254K)

wiki.crygaia.org/view/Alternate_Reality_Game

It doesn't have very much information about the ARGs themselves, it's mostly just who contributed what to solving them

It was kinda bullshit, since it was designed to only be completed by people who owned expensive Razer gaming mice, and you had to inject dlls and violate a game's ToS if you didn't own one.

Attached: boilemmashemstickeminastew.png (999x221, 31K)

Oh and the company that made a few of the ARGs for The Secret World also made a game called The Black Watchmen. I never checked it out, but I heard it's a singleplayer ARG-style puzzle game. It's probably worth checking out for the people who never got a chance to see any args firsthand. Or for anyone who posted in this thread, really. It's got a demo on steam.

Oh yeah, that's the one. Anything new from the new game?

Black watchmen is pretty neat and has a sequel too. Not as immersive as a full ARG because it's an actual game and never pretends not to be but it flexes the same puzzle muscles

there's probably going to be an episode today, today being the 2nd anniversary and all

Why did The Secret World have so many ARGs? From what I remember it never really had that large of a playerbase. Do the devs just like them I guess?

What furry, user? Why so afraid to say the name?

It's in their wheelhouse. The puzzles in that game were top-notch. I've recommended people play it just for the puzzles before, if they can stomach the bland MMO gameplay. The setting itself is cool, too.

Heard he did another thing last year called May I Please Enter. Was it any good?

Watch it yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=TgxSIFcTvLo

>tfw no Local 58 game

Attached: 1551733342272.jpg (400x532, 50K)

What would it be? You, as a character in the game, watching it on TV?

It was creepy when it started but now it makes no progress and it's just another husk for MatPat to make click bait bucks off of

I love ARG when they are done right, petscop is shit
Garbage pacing, doesn't lead to anything, you literally do nothing but watch shitty youtube vids that even a 12 year old could follow, its trying to be edgy waaay too much

The premise was really interesting but i really think they ran this shit to the ground. Looks like an authentic enough PS1 game, but the pacing was awful, at each episode nothing was getting solved while 10 new mysteries with no explanation were being added. They're going to write theirselves into a corner like this.

The best thing about Petscop is the idea of inputs you make when playing being used to find stuff in the demo screen. It's neat and should be in an actual game.

Not an ARG.

I'm extremely worried the delay is because they wrote themselves into a corner. I really want to believe this guy had a game plan with Petscop, but it's getting harder to believe.

I was thinking more like managing a TV station in some rural american town, if done right the atmosphere could be great.

It felt like the Newmaker stuff was initially supposed to be the plot-twist but people found it out too fast and now the guy is trying to come up with a bunch of nonsensical shit that may or may not end up in something coherent.

I can totally believe he's written himself into a corner.

ARG? as in the abbreviation of argentina? no, i fucking hate those big nosed fuckers

>ARG
>every update takes months or years
Fuck this gay shit. I'll binge watch it when it's finished.

So like, managing the TV station and trying to stop the rogue frequency from showing up on TVs in the area or what.

I remember finding out about Meatsleep, only to also find out that they're a bunch of pretentious little shits that were just making things up as they went along. I can't believe they just "ended" their series like this. Especially with the whole intent to garner sympathy points after one of them already admitted to mocking people with mental issues who thought they were real.
youtube.com/watch?v=wjZTfP2lNAw

>no "The Sun Vanished" game

Would be one hell of a survival horror game when done right.

>ARG
>Doesn't even have any form of audience interaction
Petscop is a webseries, not an ARG.
OP is a faggot.

Driving through the woods while avoiding looking at the moon and trying to get a ragdoll into victory position.

Remember the SOMA ARG?
I used to have a folder with all the pictures and shit from it but I guess its gone now