Smash 4 comes out

>Smash 4 comes out
>melee players hate it and shit on it whenever they can
>Smash Ultimate comes out
>is literally just Smash 4 but polished a bit harder and with tons of content irrelevant to competative players
>nothing but praise from the melee community and melee is literally dying as top players jump ship to run from HBox
Are these people retarded or what? It's the same damn game, and they are only just now realizing "Hey, I kinda like this game that's the same game I've been playing for almost 2 decades"
The only understandable one to hate is Brawl.

Attached: 307.jpg (599x529, 47K)

Who cares smash is for stinky autists and literal children

Have you seen literally any competative game and its fanbase?
Stinky autists? Check.
Literal children? Even on your "mature games for mature gamers" you bet your ass that's a check

Because they only pretended to hate the new games because of gatekeeping and to not be associated with the lame wii or wii u.

C O P E

Because ultimate actually is enjoyable to play in comparison to 4.

Only smelee gets complaints about smelling though meaning despite others smelling, melee fans are worse, and melee is even more childish. Doesn't really help your case

smash is way worse. when you go to a fightan weekly, most people there shower and own cars. smash wekklies are a fucking nightmare of stink niggers with no cars, all riding bikes and taking the bus and shit

>because of gatekeeping
This much is clear.
>to not be associated with the Wii or wiiu
Was the gamecube ever looked at by the wider population any differently than the Wii or wiiu?

>my case
Did you read the op?
>smash is way worse
I cant even find smash events where I live but I've been to a tekken tournament and I was appalled. I refuse to believe it can get worse.

Attached: 1551324113602.jpg (449x550, 41K)

Anime fighters are the worst.

It's a lot of fun though.
I hope Meleefags will all jump ship soon so pro matches might actually be fun to watch.
Melee is played out at this point.

I work at a mom-and-pop game store part time and we run streetfighter weeklies, anime game weeklies, and smash. Smash is the worst easily, fucking offensively stinky. Every scene has their share of stinkers, but smash is next level

Melee is played almost exclusively on modified wiis.

What do you expect? Competitive Smash players are in an entire autism league of their own. Not even the Sonic autists can compete with that kind of mental aberration.

No but its old, so it's automatically less lame

no they're not.
smash is the worst.

Does anyone have either of the Simon/Death edits, preferably the three panel one?

Its obviously worse and only smeleefags would think otherwise

>fun party game comes out
>get autistically competitive
>devs go out of their way to stop you
>complain instead of playing a different game

Take a shower fatty.

Ultimate is much faster than the Wii U game and toned down defensive options which were the biggest two complaints about Smash Wii U from Melee players.

Obviously, they also complained about almost all other mechanical changes, but it seems like fixing those two was enough to break the dam and get people on board.

Jigglypuff rising in Melee at the same time (since she isn't a fast characters, making the overall game slower and more defensive) also likely helped.

never realised how nostalgic smash 64's logo is for me until now

>series is literally called "Smash"
>the first title is the only one where "Smash" takes precedence over "super"
The first logo was the only one that wasnt shit

I can't comprehend how people can let this happen.
I'm a fat autist who is certainly capable of accumulating a stink but I'd be fucking HORRIFIED at the idea of being in a crowded space smelling like shit.
Anyone who is so mentally removed from society to not shower before going to a social event should be physically removed from society.

I'm in the same boat. It's absolutely disgusting. Considering that not all smelly Smashies are fat, however, I think it comes down to hygiene and grooming first and foremost. As a former reddit bugman, I can tell you from my time in r/smashbros that the competitive roaches there look for any excuse under the sun as to why they can't bathe or wear deodorant/body spray whenever a PSA post comes up politely urging people to groom themselves for public events.

And before anyone tries to start a bigass war over which Smash game playerbase has the worse stink, let me nip that in the bud right now. Project M players are the worst by far, which is tragic since I do love me some PM.

Every single copepost is itself a form of coping

So, now what? You're on like three layers of cope now.

And I guess that makes me on four layers.

if only ultimate's single player content wasn't a tedious snorefest. at least i have friends to play with.

Attached: 1429286968812.jpg (79x106, 5K)

I can only hope that the DLC game modes amount to more than just Home Run and Stage Builder.

I only have this one.

Attached: D0i8dDhXgAAtA7r.jpg (449x550, 39K)

>is literally just Smash 4 but polished a bit harder
That's a false narrative. Ultimate uses assets from Sm4sh, but the pace of gameplay is way different. It's significantly faster, rewards offensive play more, and is just overall more intelligently balanced. It's only superficially similar.

>>is literally just Smash 4 but polished a bit harder
Smash Ultimate doesn't require you to to get people to 200% do kill them, and defensive options are all nerfed, these make the game good. Smash 4 was fucking ass.

the only really good single player mode in the entire series was Melee's Adventure Mode

I don't know, I've been seeing a lot of ultimate lately and I just don't find it that exiting to watch as melee, but, at least I think it's already better to watch than any other smash game with the exception of the later

Agreed that melee is very much played out by now. I don't see ultimate lasting very long though it's just not that interesting. You can only do so much with static hit-stun. No momentum based input, l-canceling, and a very gimped wavedash which might as well not exist. It'll likely replace melee if enough people switch but the hype of both games is basically gone.

Brawl’s wasn't bad, but they still wasted a good chance of doing something great, the material is there but I guess they weren't interested in making a great story for the single player mode

Try playing both in the same day. Smash 4 feels like molasses now

Brawl's was ruined by the terribad core gameplay (movement, character frame data, etc), but SSE by itself wasn't the problem. Try playing it with Project M.

>It's the same damn game

That is a lie, and that is why you are confused. It plays much faster, most importantly, Recovery has been substantially nerfed.

no, it was bad.

no, it wasn't.

yes it was

the point is that you're not providing any points to be discussed, you're just throwing your opinion around, which is useless on Yea Forums, just go to /vg/ or reddit

Smash 4 was really, REALLY slow and honestly boring as hell. Smash Ultimate looks the same but the gameplay is way more enjoyable somehow.

Subspace's problems are much morw than the physics. The platforming is literal pissbabby Kirby tier, this is what people who DON'T play Kirby games see the games as. The locales are fucking boring, the enemies are fucking boring, and there is little to no incentive to not go directly from point A to point B

some slower characters do look similar but overall it looks a lot faster than 4 though.

>The platforming is literal pissbabby Kirby tier, this is what people who DON'T play Kirby games see the games as.
Definetly not the focus of the game, the "platforming" is just you moving and sightseeing mostly.

>The locales are fucking boring,
How so? The game is beautiful

>the enemies are fucking boring,
How so? There's a lot of enemy variety and each has their own attack patterns, as well as bosses

> and there is little to no incentive to not go directly from point A to point B
I don't think I remember this all too well, but I remember that you could find some trophies by exploring

>gatekeeping
Haha, do you browse /r/gatekeeping too? Upvoted!

64 had by far the strongest identity of the series.
>toy thematic reflected on its low poly models
>very characteristic arrangements and original tracks, best version of Brinstar (Planet Zebes) to date
>top notch UI design
>best announcer
>best sound effects (after overseas version)
>most well rounded roster despite 8% of it being a clone
It's a shame Melee was so dull artistically and Brawl was the point of no return.

I found the physics to be the main problem. Much like Melee's Adventure mode, the Smash physics don't feel at all satisfying for regular platforming. Brawl was even worse of course, because of the lack of momentum jumping.

I think you're the retarded one here, or you've never seen a side by side of 4 and Ultimate. The game is a lot fucking faster and the engine rewards aggressive play and edge guarding.
If you want the most glaring thing, look at how slow launches are in 4. It's like someone used a fucking stopwatch the way characters slowly meander their way towards the blast zone even if they were hit by a Falcon Punch at 999.

ultimate actually punishing you for being in disadvantage radically changes the game. you can't just mash airdodge or hold shield and punish absolutely every approach.

Cause while not being the best game ever, Ultimate crosses the line of good enough. Meleefags like to pretend their game was always growing, but in the brawl days it did get eroded a bit. They were only saved by brawl being the biggest trash fire ever as a competitive game, then EVO doing the donation drive.

A pretty unique set of events that create a unique mentality. Keeping smash alive now equalled keeping melee alive. So when Smash 4 was just okay they rejected it for the most part. Ultimate manages to cross the line of good, which makes people realise that the community can be supported by other games. Which is helped by melee now developing in the meme 20XX way they wanted.

Attached: xlHXmCQ.png (774x657, 502K)

Let me spell this out for you
>campy Bayo players and Zero are fucking trash at Ultimate
>people who played fast and aggressive in 4 are the top players now (Light, MkLeo, etc)
The engine is so different it completely changed who's able to compete at the top level.

*Which is helped by melee not developing in the meme 20XX way they wanted.

Melee's meta is in a very different state now than it was back when Sm4sh released.
Melee is solved for good now, and people are ready to try something else.

What characters even allowed you to play aggressive in 4 besides Bayo and Cloud? Sheik? Diddy? I'm drawing blanks here.

You mean
>people are tired of Hungrybox
both playing against him and watching him is a fucking chore. It doesn't help that he acts like a chode either

Your comment on the launch speed is funny to me. Back when Ultimate was revealed people were complaining about "balloon launching" and how it would kill combos and make it easier to camp.
Nowadays people look back on Sm4sh and say "wow you launch so slow in this game, it's like I'm watching slow-motion."

>competative
That's twice now OP you Facebook-tier retard. Competitive*, learn to fucking spell.

That's what I mean when I say Melee is solved. Jiggs will continue to dominate now that people recognize she can accomplish more with less input.

I think a lot of melee players had to accept that they need to move on to a new game eventually, having two smash games in tournaments was getting awkward.

Fox
Marth wasn't the absolute fastest but his dash speed was good and he was very flashy, at least the way Leo played him. Getting ridiculous call out kills with tippers at 50 was hype

While you aren't wrong, Melee isn't going to see massive changes in the meta now. People might get better at fighting puff, but there aren't multiple hidden game changers. The only way I could see that happening is massive rule changes where they force people to take new approaches. Which I don't see being popular.

Attached: ultimate.png (449x540, 424K)

>Bayo
>Cloud
>fast and aggressive
Bayo looked that way on the surface but she was actually one of the campiest characters in the game. Same went for Diddy.
Cloud was just a wall of giant sword hitboxes and running away to charge limit.

This. Bayo's entire game plan was camping you out until you made a mistake and then punishing with a 0-death directly into the blast zone.

>The platforming is literal pissbabby Kirby tier, this is what people who DON'T play Kirby games see the games as.

SSE was much more focused on fighting than platforming though. There's a reason it locked you into a showdown with grunts every other screen (aside from the Labyrinth at the end).

The problem is that those grunts didn't interact well with the fighters. Many attacks were outright useless.

Exactly

Attached: 20018302-A635-4D83-BCE1-087D5DC0E64C.gif (445x250, 3.09M)

anyone who's played ultimate for longer than 5 fucking minutes can tell that it's far better than sm4sh was
sm4sh was a more polished version of brawl (which was shit), so the melee community rightfully ignored it
the community that built up around 4 was cancerous, and you only need to look at evo 2018 finals to see that
now that there's a new smash game that actually rewards competitive gameplay instead of actively hindering it, the melee crowd is starting to shift over

Beautiful peepee right there

>be chubby
>be self conscious of my body odor growing up
>shower everyday, always wear antiperspirant etc.
>still smell like balls after a long day
>start deodorizing my crack and area around my nuts

I can't deal without it now. At least I dont smell like balls anymore.

Attached: 5598E24EF2394EF19E5A38952ACAF2F1.png (306x404, 184K)

>>start deodorizing my crack and area around my nuts
Doesn't that fuck with the skin in these areas? Or you're using specialized stuff?

Well, they know the alternative is facing this.

Attached: puff.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

it’s funny seeing your melee “gods” struggle in a new game. it just goes to show how melee players aside from leffen are all one trick ponies. meanwhile people in the fgc don’t have trouble switching between multiple games. guys like tokido will always be relevant in the fgc because fg players have a better mentality towards adapting to new games. i hope melee players continue to get curb stomped in ultimate.

>I don't see ultimate lasting very long though
It will last until the next Smash, which is perfectly normal

>magnet hands still exist
just because 1/3rd of the cast has bad recovery doesn’t excuse rob, fox, inkling, etc.

"Hands hurt from winning 6k yesterday, btw did Mango even take a game at summit"?

Attached: 155223900340.jpg (733x745, 374K)

*crack*
*sip*

Based

*crack* ahh summit tree, now that was a gud tournament

Attached: 200CB5E2-AA34-4E70-90C7-F49ABE4D22C1.jpg (900x670, 112K)

Based Salem winning almost as much as Dabuz did.

Attached: 1547263399414.jpg (2900x1935, 1.02M)

>one trick
Except melee is 10000x harder to play and learn than ult?

>friends ask me if I'm going to get ultimate
>"nah i lost interest in the series after melee"
>FUCK YOU WHY ARE MELEE ELITISTS SO INSUFERABBLE!!!111!11ONE!11!UNO!!
dude i just don't care about the game. social media was a mistake.

Melee Fox/Falco* is 10000x harder to play and learn than ult
Everything else is pretty self-explanitory and not much harder to learn at all

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes melee's visual style.
People describe it as "plasticy" as if that's a GOOD thing. That game's graphics have not aged well at all.

hahahahaha no. the top 10 melee characters have more depth and things to learn than all the ult characters combined

People call the nu smash games plastic not melee.

>nothing but praise from the melee community and melee is literally dying as top players jump ship to run from HBox
this isn't the case
melee players in my region all ignore ultimate

It's a product of its time, with the boring early 2000s UI aesthetic, the distant sounding processed announcer lines and the raw looking texturing. Easy to give a pass by its gameplay, but still a pretty big letdown from 64's vibrant celebration vibes.

>Puff
>bair
>bair
WoOOOOOOOw

I dislike puff as well but its telling thats the only thing you can meme about.
inb4 wobbling the 1 other lame thing melee has

Nigger characters like Marth are simple as hell and all about fundamentals.
>w-wavedashing and other basic movement
I had never wavedashed in my life and I succeeded on my first attempt despite only ever watching pro players do it because it's simple and intuitive if you have even a vague idea of what to do.

>Melee is played almost exclusively on modified wiis.
wait, really? Why? Aren’t Meleefags such autists that they refuse to play on anything except CRTs with broken Wavebirds? I would expect they’d be just as obsessive about their consoles too

So since you wavedashed once you can do it on command in the heat of a fight every time? No, you cant. Melee is a difficult and complex game and theres literally nothing you can say thats going to change that. Its extremely obvious you dont know what youre talking about.

Great, you know how to do a fundamental tech. Now, try the variants and tell me how long it took you:
>Wavelanding on platforms
>Perfect wavedash
>Max length wavedash
>Invincible ledgedash
>Wavedash oos
>Waveshine with both spacies
>Fully invincible haxdash

I could pick up Marth and immediately do well because I have good fundamentals, and indeed have.
>could you do it in the heat of the moment
If I had more than 5 hours of Melee under my belt you're damn right.
Melee is not a difficult and complex game, Fox is a difficult and complex character.
Sorry you can't be an elitist about the entire game instead of only one character, but this shit is just as easy as any other smash game.
Source; Hungrybox existing

Yeah you dont know what your talking about.
>b-but hungrybox
What does that have anything to do with every other character in melee? Last (you) from me shitposter.
also this

Why not? It's a beefier Gamecube and it's everywhere.

Ultimate's a lot more faster paced, which makes it better for everyone. Melee players are giving it a chance because it's not a piece of shit like Smash 4 was.

>Leffen got rekted and is still crying about his characters
>Salem found his main and beat the best Snake in the world
Genuinely excited to see his next tourney. He'll probably be sponsored again soon.