Hey, just picked up one of these bad boys. Recommend me some ROMS

Hey, just picked up one of these bad boys. Recommend me some ROMS

Does GBA emulation work on these things?

Attached: r4i-gold-pro-ntrboot-and-ds-games.jpg (800x800, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

get this thing called a computer and play all and any of your emulators on it

H*ck your 3DS, and use this gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/

Playing on the DS itself is much more comfortable than playing on a computer.

Should I have mentioned that R4 is for DS?

Your pic show R43DS so...

Use an homebrew emulator maybe ?

I know what the r4 card is for
for retards that bought a handheld when they already had a laptop

You play DS games on a laptop? Tell me how that goes...

Is your card the r4 from www.r4isdhc.com? Those have timebomb on them. Which expires around 2023 I think in the latest firmware. If that concerns you replace the kernel with Ysmenu as the GBA emulator, GBArunner2 is finicky with the official kernel. As for other emulators that I've tested NESDS for the NES and GameYob for the GB, GBC games. Both work quite well.

The GBARunner2 works not as much on the r4. Check for compatibility. The 3DS and the DS GBA slot is better for GBA as it supports it natively.

a 3ds is like $100. why would you not spend such a small amount of money to get a far superior experience compared to emulating on a laptop?

>Those have timebomb on them.

What's the deal with this? I hear I just have to rewing your DS clock to fix it. If you have to be somewhat computer literate to use these things why would they try to Jew over people with something so easily fixed?

gba doens't work unless you don't get a slot-2 nds flashcart

If you want to play GBA you'll want an ez flash 3 in 1 to go with your DS card, be aware that the age of these devices might mean the internal battery is dead, easy enough to replace though.

That's the point. A softmodded 3DS is far better value than a DS with a flashcard.

I got the exact same one but to get the gba to work i had to do the the vc injector. Was kind of a pain at first but I love it now. Got all my favorite DS games on the flashcart and gba games i never got to play on the sd card.
I also recommend getting the snes emulator.
However if you are using a ds and not a 3ds I think your best bet is to get a flashcart for the gba slot.

hotel dusk
last window
neves
pokemon HG/SS
pokemon ranger
pokemon negroes/whiteys 1 and 2
warioware touched
dementium and dementium II
resident evil ds
super mario 64 ds
TWEWY
mariokart DS
suikoden tierkreis

This should keep you busy for a while.

>R4
>2019
Is this meme still going

Attached: 1519881255727.png (324x399, 209K)

Forget GBA emulation. It does not work well. You'll have sounf issues an 40% of the frames. If you want to play GBA games on an original DS, you should look for flashcards that come with the complimentary gameboy advance cartridge, which allows to natively play GBA instead of emulation. If you havr a 3ds vc injects are the way to go. Most gba games are supported.

damn... bros... look at this...

I think he's criticizing the controls. Touch controld duck with a mouse, unless it's simple point and click acrions.

The DSTWO will emulate GBA games since it has a built-in CPU in the card,no need for the GBA slot.

Why the fuck are slot2 flashcarts so FUCKING EXPENSIVE. Also fuck that everdrive faggot, he charges insane prices for his fucking carts. 100 fucking dollars for a gba flashcart. Eat my fucking ass. Where can I get a shitty chinese gba flashcart for 20 bucks these days.

But that's the card I am talking about. Games run at best with half the frames. The cpu inside is not nearly strong enough. It was a marketing ploy.

Great taste user. I was highly disappointed by the hotel dusk (prequel?) on the 3ds.
A simple/comfy platformer that gets over looked is Garfield's Nightmare.
Phantasy Star was really fun (Not sure how great it is now that there are no servers)

Weird because I could run Mother 3 at full speed on my DS

I think you might be retarded

GBA cartridges (like classic SNES or Mega Drive) are just innately harder to imitate than DS cartridges.

You're an idiot who can't perceive frameskipping.

I guess it depends on the game. ai noticed slowdowns in the pokemon games , kingdom hearts, gta and max payne. These were all the games I tried to be fair.

Stop with this shit Arbore

Attached: 093806.jpg (290x268, 32K)

Issue with that is a lot of anons had a DS and still have their old flash cards laying around and the old cards can croak since they're chinkshit. I had a cycloDS, which I loved but I think /vg/ shits on it. Not everyone is your age, bro. user might just want to play on his DS again and doesn't want to fuckin' buy a 3DS or emulate since emulating DS is crap when you already have one lying around.

R4 is the best card for 3DS at present, that's why it still gets play. I always thought CycloDS was better.

>No multiplayer what so ever
>Graphical glitches everywhere
>No portability
>No touch
Yeah, truly amazing, PC Master Race 999 DS -100

Where should I start with smt for ds/3ds?

>Not a single legitimate R4 has been made in at least 10 years
>Retards like OP still buy them as babby's first flash cart
I can understand getting one for ntrboothax on a 3DS, but come on.

Play Nocturne if you haven’t already
Then Strange Journey/Redux
Then IV
Finish off with IV:A
Then join the wait for V

Can I skip nocturne? I'm just looking for rpgs to play on my 3ds

Which one should I get then? Everyone keeps recommending R4i Gold 3DS

Why would you recommend that abomination Suikoden to anyone?

yes
most SMT games are independent of each other.

That one works fine. What he means it that the original R4 team have been out of action for years and everything with the name "R4" is just a clone of a clone of a clone.

Inbreeding then?