So we all agree Rebellion > Devil Sword right?

So we all agree Rebellion > Devil Sword right?

Attached: Devil sword.jpg (650x366, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MidnightCrest/status/1104868369260400641
youtube.com/watch?v=oKWG7TuOpW8&t=7s
streamable.com/191uv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that sword design is so shit
looks like something from dark souls

Attached: 1542128853718.png (500x265, 174K)

I dunno the Devil Sword is really growing on me. It's just weird seeing Dante use something other than Rebellion after all this time. His costumes and shit have changed but Ebony, Ivory and Rebellion have always been a staple imo

>Design
DSS > Alastor > DSD > Rebellion > Force Edge

>Gameplay
DSD > the rest

>Rebellion
>a staple
Look mom, a secondary

Not gonna lie I completely forgot he had a different sword in 1.

Not having to swap to swordmaster for air attacks is a godsend. I do think rebellion looks alot betterAlastor still reigns supreme in sword design though

The moveset for Dante Sword is dumb dumb dumb. Sword master shouldn't be projectiles without animations....

>tfw i keep fucking up helmbreaker because im not used to the new input after 18 years

Attached: 1519589937947s.jpg (241x250, 7K)

It looks like it's made from Nergigante.

Alastor mod swap for rebellion/DSD when?

I love the gameplay more but the design is garbage.

If they hadn't taken Drive off Rebellion, yes.

Hopefully somebody can mod it back into it's moveset.

Whats the difference between Sparda and Rebellion

does vergil leave devil trigger form after he jumps into it? I'm on mission 19 btw I feel like I can't get a hit in once he DTs

why wasn’t alastor in dmcv bros

Also, DSD looks like a fucking Nergigante weapon from MHW, I'm not a fan of its look.

Attached: 1551446788829.jpg (846x500, 40K)

He’s stuck in movieland for almost 20 years

Sparda is the force edge once it's awakened
Rebellion is a different sword? I don't get what you're asking actually
how? the whole narrative is dante taking the sword force edge that he gets at the end of 3 and awakening it into DSS

I'm still confused as to why the sword-wielding bat-winged purple-lightning demon boss wasn't Alastor.

Aerial Rave without Swordmaster is a pretty strong argument in favor of DSD.

I miss Round Trip on it though.

Im asking what the difference is gameplay wise dummy.

Attached: 1550635418664.jpg (155x177, 13K)

Hold circle in swordmaster.

Sparda represents Sparda's power and will. Rebellion represents his defiance against Mundus. It's in the files.

Devil Sword Dante looks great with his majin form. But it's obvious it was designed to only look great with it. It's a bit too big to look good with regular human form Dante.

both designs are stolen from Soul Calibur's soul edge afaik

Sparda is Sparda's power in sword form while Rebellion is another sword that represents his rebellion against Mundus. Sort of funny how the Rebellion wasn't even in the game where Dante actually fought Mundus since it wasn't even conceived yet until DMC2.

Sparda's longer
That's it

>Force Edge died while in its ugly Sparda form
It's not fair.

Attached: Force_Edge_1.png (583x732, 184K)

I'm glad Sparda got eaten by Dante, now we won't have SPARDA'S POWER be another plot device for the next game. It got tiring after 3 games.

Wrong that would be Sparda, DSD doesn't look anything like Soul edge

Attached: DMC5_Devil_Sword_Sparda.png (1202x1980, 1.38M)

Well considering the way they designed MH weapons in World, I'm not surprised in the slightest. They look like shit and so does this.

Yeah but you have to charge it there, where it inputs instantly on Rebellion/Sparda with lockon + back + style

I kinda like the rocky design of it.

>Wants to fight Dante while he's healed
>Has him go through an annoying level with the 3 summonable stooges pestering him before fighting him
>Still ends up essentially getting a draw against Dante
>Gets beaten by a vanilla Devil Trigger Nero
Is sanity the price to pay for power?

Attached: %21%21f.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

What would Devil Sword Vergil look like?

i wish they would bring this design from 2's knightmare alt 1

Attached: sciiknightmarealt1.jpg (198x254, 12K)

Yeah it's clearly designed to go with Dante's Sin Devil Trigger.

Attached: %212d.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

stylized katanas dont work. many games tried but the classic ones are the best really.

SCII had the best looking weapons

Attached: Soul_Calibur_(Evil).jpg (800x1193, 109K)

I hope they show up in SMT V

WHERE ARE ALL THE NAKED MODELS

So do they expect me to exceed with two buttons now?
What the fuck? This game feels really bloated they keep on giving me mechanics all the way to the credits.
THE CREDITS LITERALLY CAME WITH A TUTORIAL

Attached: 1548538824446.jpg (567x564, 71K)

like this? The Yamato is slightly different looking and Vergil does have his "ultimate" devil trigger.

And you can even see a concept of his base devil trigger in the gallery.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

I doubt that'll happen. It was a one time deal for Kaneko designing the DMC3 devil triggers.

And thats why i dont like Nero. His playstyle is autistic timing minigame trash.

Because that would mean you replace Alastor with a slow bike weapon. Alastor is never coming back as long as Rebellion clones exist. This way, You reference it without completely replacing it.

SFM of Artemis when

Attached: 1551953671809.jpg (631x658, 38K)

Dante is boring as shit in DMC5 in general. I'm not a fan of the weapon and style swapping anymore now that Nero got upgraded gameplay and feels a lot more coherent.

They are having collaboration with SMT Dx2 right now.

Oh then nevermind. I didn't keep up to date with the mobile game.

>Put naked girls in demons
>???????
>Profit

are the retarded nun-chucks new or have they been in previous DMCs?

Attached: crazy-pills.jpg (320x246, 36K)

holy shit
literally git gud

DMC3

>Have to keep doing 2 different exceed things
>While having charged shot on
>While keeping eye on your arm things
>While having to juggle your DT
Nero was a mistake.

Attached: 1521508393649.png (1152x628, 72K)

DMC3

Yep.

They were in DMC3 but DMC5 is different with the bo staff and 3 spronged staff variation.

>Design
>DSD better than anything
Booooooooo~

Nah, you guys just suck. If it bothers you so much just stick to the normal button configuration and do one thing at a time. If you were good with him in DMC4 you should feel right at home.

>royal guard DT Vergils shit like eight times in a row
>blast him out of the sky with a full RG release as he does his flyaround move
my dick was never harder

Attached: 1524574764264.jpg (913x1024, 64K)

Can we talk about what an unrepentant asshole Vergil is?

It's really bothering me how the gang pretty much handwaved the fact he genocided and entire city because he's related to them. The fucking guy didn't even show any remorse. I thought maybe when V reunited with him he'd have a new perspective or something, but nope.

And here's the thing; he fucking SUCKS at his own goals anyway. Loses to Dante in 3, loses to Mundus, loses to Dante again in 1, loses to Dante as two separate beings in 5, loses to his crippled son after that.

Why would anyone want to keep this dick around?

Attached: vergil.png (959x959, 885K)

>It's really bothering me how the gang pretty much handwaved the fact he genocided and entire city because he's related to them.
Blame Nero for that, he doesn't get how much of a shithead his dad is because Dante didn't tell him any bedtime stories about it. Dante was planning to kill Vergil but then Nero said "No fighting".

Oh, just wait when Mundus make his return, user.

DMC3, but they kinda ruined them in V. There are all these new, long auto attacks on held button presses and it sucks. Put the nunchuck in swordmaster and hold O and Dante will attack for 8 seconds without you pressing another button.

V is a fucking asshole too. First he acts like he wants to stop Vergil and then when he's essentially dead he decides to merge with him.

Even the "human" side of Vergil is a fucking asshole cunt.

So are they going to have Dante using DS Dante in all his appearances from now on? Rebellion is pretty iconic imo

I dont think they can even kill each other anyways

I dont agree, he clearly changed at the end, he doesnt want power anymore, and he looks actually happy to fuck around with his brother, I can say the same for dante too, inside his "wohoo lets rock" persona its an actually jaded dude that feels alone, having vergil around changed that and you can see it at the end were they laugh at the tought that they have "plenty of time". Besides in the novels V actually cares for humans and tries to save as many as he can.

Unless something happens to make him spit out Rebellion, yes he's stuck with DSD from now on.

I heard the gang wasn't fine with it. Somebody said the files tells different. He thanked Nero which was more than I expected from him and he tried to close the portal with Dante. I have more problems with Dante not saying anything. It was a flaw for his characterization in 4 and his dialogue up until the last part is perfect.

oh yeah soul edge
I knew it reminded me of something but my first thought was something from dark souls

Don't tilde me you slut

thank you esl kun

isn't going downstairs basically his punishment? I mean he'll probably enjoy it but if that's not atonement then I don't know what is

it's literally dmc3's ending again except Dante tags along to make sure he won't get his shit fucked again or whatever

>Nero is my favorite character
>Manage him effortlessly
>Completely shit SSS
>Intimidated by Dante's number of options and his switch tech
>Always felt like a brainlet for it
>The people ITT who feel Nero has too much going on
The fuck?

Attached: 1548840293203.png (331x352, 211K)

Because its pravtically interchangable with alastor and it doesnt even make sense why he wouldnt have it in dmc 1

All dantes swords are the same shit anyways

>tfw keep getting killed by DMD Artemis
This isn't what I meant when I said I wanted to be raped by Lady.

Attached: 1541036749928.png (660x536, 405K)

>Dante's most versatile Sword yet with summoned swords
>Ifrit mixed with a moveset which is practically and entire weapon on its own
>dual wielding heavy weapon turning into a motorcycle
>Cerberus from 3 but now with additional electric and firestaff power
>Dr.Faust
>motherfucking double rocket launcher
>>>boring
you just hate fun, the only reason nero can barely keep up is that he got his arm back at the end of the game

I think Dante is the best character gameplay wise in this whole game. Nero didn't start getting fun to me until the second playthrough when you get Devil Trigger and the Devil Bringer moves

Some people are good with other characters.

Attached: 1549613417232.png (518x633, 343K)

>Expected Vergul and Dante to be anything but an asshole

They were an insufferable asshole that never give a single fuck about the others ever since DMC3, user

get good you fucking babys

Red Queen is the best sword.

That just means everyone will want Dante's power.

Attached: i seriously hope you guys don't use gold orbs.png (974x737, 595K)

You're not meant to do the buster punch on every hit like exceed, just on moves that knock enemies away to extend combos

Nero has fewer options but still requires insane apm and timing with double exceed

I would be fine with DT enemies coming back if DT gave new moves but it just makes them beefier.

Does pressing Devil Bringer after attacking do something? It's like he does a quick jab after a swing.

>now we won't have SPARDA'S POWER be another plot device for the next game
until Sparda himself shows ups

>DSD > Rebellion > Force Edge

Attached: 1449882491889.png (322x314, 26K)

chargedown activated sword makes me blow my load something fierce so devil sword is much better

This the new DMC thread? I figured out how to unlock V's EX color.

Attached: 20190311030412_1.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

If Nero walked around Red Grave city and saw all those corpses and knew that it was Vergil's doing and STILL didn't get what a cunt he is, then he has brain damage.

This. I thought the game was going to have a sort of dilemma where a character would have to decide if Vergil was more V or more Urizen by the end, but it got pushed to the wayside for the sake of an epic boss fight.

You cant blame the guy for choosing not die

Has there been any news on the artbook? I know you get it when you order the ultra deluxe version that also has the van but I just want the book.

At any rate I'm totally content being a Nero guy. Just don't tell the Dantefags that I'm jealous of Kalina Ann's macross missile barrages

>swordmaster stuff gets inherited by DSD
I'm not the most avid DMC player but wouldn't this really fuck with muscle memory? Having to mash the style button while you attack seems kind of tiring too, why not just have the summoned swords do their thing automatically?

Does Vergil ever talk about motivation in this game?

Yes, I still mash triangle to helm breaker.

Yes, I tested it out last night.

You only need to pass Nero's credit challenge and Dante's credit challenge once a piece. So you can fuck up one and try again later to get the other one. You don't need to pass them at the same time,

Found this out by failing Nero's and passing Dante's twice, then passing Nero's and failing Dante's once. It also unlocked Nero's bubble gum taunt.

Attached: ECvseBuIBptsQPC0JXfd_PHjTjMU48W08isCfcKVpxctJi-pjwkn38vT5reHdsnx.jpg (1920x2560, 978K)

>spam L2/LT while attacking with sword
>configure gun to R2/RT
>just use gerbera
>occasionally glance at dt to see if it's full/nearly full
your birth was a mistake

Going back to previous games would probably be a bitch now too.

Oh no he missed one game. Shut up you nigger, you use FE for whole 5 minutes before you get alastor

how do you even fail those lol

t. died to Vergil like 10 times
t. died to V's pets like 3 times
t. died to Urizen too many times

Not that I've noticed. It's weird how the last few missioms are so fanservicey but completely miss out on some obvious opportunities. Cerberus' Suffer Remix for the King Cerberus fight should've been set in stone.

gerbera

Attached: ket.jpg (219x218, 20K)

A lot of the boss music in this game is really whack. The only exception that actually comes to mind is Cavalier Angelo since it actually has its own identity.

>DSD opens up in devil trigger or when you spend bar to summon swords manually
>Akantor Greatsword vibes
I love it. Its a different kind of design from Rebellion but I got no issues with it, both are fine but if DSD is here to stay, I don't mind.

Attached: 116f3ceb58e479422fcf01a78b19d9b8.png (426x1023, 226K)

The Hell Junta (or whatever) fucked me over by teleporting around too much. I think I only fought one as Nero before so I didn't realize you're not supposed to knock them back to deal proper damage.

I have no idea how I failed Dante's one. It was a joke the first two times, then suddenly became a mess the third.

For anyone experiencing crashes in V missions - rolling back Nvidia drivers back to 399.24 seems to have fixed it for me.

He doesn't need one since Yamato was always completely broken and way better than Rebellion.

I agree too. The story in 5 is by far the worst aspect of it.
I expected vergil to show at least.some sort of "im sorry for that urizen stuff, im not that sociopathic, V is still inside me"
Hell, in 5 he doesn't even have a purpose besides surviving. No greater plan, no higher cause or justification.
At least in 3 it was clear what his objectives were, to the point he let dante survive to instead go check the portal with the complete amulet
He never seemed to be "I NEED TO KILL MY BROTHER", he seemed to be "I NEED TO BE STRONGER, EVEN IF I HAVE TO KILL MY BROTHER FOR THAT".

WACK
IT'S WACK
WHY DID THEY SPELL IT WHACK WTF CAPCOM

I think Double exceed can safely be ignored, DESU. It adds to the ceiling, but even on DMD, I hardly felt like I needed to use it on every move. It feels more like an alternative to Exceed, than a supplement. It gives a different effect, and it might not always be what you want out of it.

Why does he look like James Franco in this pic?

Gerb's a crutch. The problem was I've gotten too used to feeling safe in the air and she kept getting me with her 'tard scream, just needed to dust those cobwebs off. And also to stop trying to counter her airplane rush consistently.

I guess you kill things too slow? I think that's how I failed Nero's the first time around

Yes, it does a quick jab after a swing. You can use it to negate the knockback on attacks like streak.

>Grind Dante's first level to learn to combos, grind red Orbs for future weapons, etc
>Later get Devil Sword + SDT
>Muscle memory fucked for the next hour while learning new sword inputs
This happen to anyone else?

Woah shit, was that a thing in 4 too? Having to Exceed on top of that sounds annoying. Not to mention charging the gun and Devil Breakers.

these games are too galaxy brain for me desu

2 different exceed things? What's this mean?

>retards wont learn new sword
>its worse somehow

Beat the game. Nero gets a new ability that is timing based like Exceed.

WHEN THE NIGHT ENDS IT'S NOT OVER

Attached: 1536224698522.png (700x736, 871K)

>Best Looks
Extended Force Edge (the sword without the Sparda goo or scythe on it)
Activated Devil Sword Dante
Force Edge
DMC5 Rebellion
Merciless
DMC3&4 Rebellion
DMC1-4 Sparda
Dormant Devil Sword Dante
Vendetta
DMC5 Sparda
Alastor
>Least Best

I like having rave and shredder on dedicated button instead of shitty swords that act and feel like they have no impact on my target, thanks.

I haven't gotten to that point yet but isn't that a little redundant for a character that can bring enemies to him from across the level? More stylish I guess. I already double calibur with JC and it's smooth as butter

you can counter it?

Can you buster it? I only finished my first runthrough yesterday so I haven't had any time to mess with Nero's true moveset.

I honestly hate the Devil Sword. Its only redeeming factor is that Dante doesn't need swordmaster for air game now, but when every swordmaster move is now limp dick red swords just kinda spinning everywhere it just completely ruins that style for me. Best thing about Dante is being able to switch back to Sparda after you beat the game.

Red Queen is best sword, fool.

>can't equip both
>can't just not have a sword in your loadout

That's oddly restrictive considering the rest of the options you have. I thought that would be unlocked after the first playthrough, but no.

I'm a bit confused, what do you guys mean by Nero needing double exceed now?

user...

I just set some music to play for the three characters but nothing seems to happen, what gives?

>tfw the time hasn't come and so haven't I

Wasn't a thing in 4. The damage is very minor and if you mess up the timing you'll end up doing snatch or buster, so I wouldn't try using it all the time. There are some instances where you can use it freely though, like riding Punchline or doing Tomboy's retard air spin.
Nothing is redundant if it's stylish.

Pressing R2 on certain moves gives you another exceed like command with his Devil Bringer instead adding another attack to it i.e calibur and streak

What's the difference between Breaker snatch and Buster snatch? What about Breaker buster and Buster buster?

Attached: me trying to understand the mechanics.png (362x385, 140K)

Yes. You can do the same to Goliath and Vergil, and probably other bosses (haven't tried everyone yet though). Welcome to Nero, enjoy your stay.

it works on every move. it's a plain dps increase and you'll get kicked from raids if you don't do it

I love DSD but removing my Swordmaster can fuck right off

Think we will get a dmc 6 anytime soon? Id fucking buy it even if it was on the exact same engine with reused assets.

>he genocided an entire city
Urizen did that, not Vergil. If you were a pure demon entity with no sympathy for anything in your pursuit of power and had the means to do it like that, you'd do the same
>unrepentant, the fucking guy didnt even show any remorse
He thanked Nero and even suggested closing the portal himself.
>b-but muh "yeah, sorry"
How many times has Vergil let his emotions out in the open like that? Do you understand his character or are you a secondary who started with 5?

Oh really? I didn't know that. I assumed it was only for those kinds of moves since I only got the regular bringer on his strings. Guess I need to work on my timing.

wow, I couldn't disagree more, I liked this version of Dante more than any other DMC
DSD is far more versatile than any of his other swords ever, and in swordmaster you can just mash triangle and circle together for ludicrous combos with his summoned swords
balrog's punch mode is incredibly satisfying, and it's kick mode is really strong (though I found it harder to use because it relies on a lot of flowing moves that are harder to interrupt)
caviliere was kind of meh due to how slow it was, but it's aerial utility in swordmaster is kind of ridiculous in a good way
cerberus is AMAZING, every single move is good, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE, the only bad part is you get it quite late in the game

I don't really have a comment on the guns though because I barely use them except when forced to (or to one-shot sin scissors)

also I just beat the game 20 minutes ago, and I kind of want to know if Nero's DT is overpowered, or if they nerfed Vergil for the final fight, I was getting my ass kicked as Dante and had many restarts, but did it as Nero on the first try

Alastor > both.

>Trying to get Nero's exceed and ghost punch at the same time

Attached: 1535063287653.jpg (522x522, 110K)

I think it's Yamato. Either when he split himself the sword fused with his demon half or it fused with him when V and Urizen fused back. It explains him having a SDT.

Goliath has a charge move? Or is it on that jump he does.

If nothing else we'll get a special edition game/DLC (hopefully DLC) with Vergil in a year or three.

Thanks, didn't know that. Is it mentioned in the game or you found out just by practicing?

>Yamato Dimension Cuts itself and makes a new sword, Yamato stays the same because it's fucking Yamato
>Devil Sword Vergil becomes a short sword with an appearance that looks like V's Cane with a few hints of Force Edge in its design
>DSV hovers by Vergil's side at all times, defending him automatically since he "just wanted to be protected"
>DSV's motions somewhat replicate DMC3&4 Vergil's Force Edge moveset
>Also has attacks that replicate V's Griffon energy attacks

Attached: 601150_20190310035507_1.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

>getting max act
>and buster punch
>while doing an air taunt

Attached: hard.jpg (583x583, 38K)

I found out when some other anons mentioned you getting another exceed like action after beating the game. Asked for clarification and they gave it to me.

I think being able to buster Vergil as Nero is why the Nero fight is easier, you take off so much health with that move. Being able to hit Vergil with charged pistol shots helps too.

I only mentioned Dante's swords. Otherwise Fortuna's Order swords would be at the top of the list.

Attached: DMC4 weapons1529063528085.jpg (1280x1873, 712K)

Huh, on DMD and never realized. Is it any useful? Seems kinda useless and I hit SSS fine without it

Isn't it this one right here at 0:24?

twitter.com/MidnightCrest/status/1104868369260400641

I'm only finding about this now myself and it looks like it has a use like it does on that video.

It might be in the skill list, I haven't had a chance to read the four seconds of "here's everything Nero can do now" during the end credits nor have I gone back into Nero's skill lists to check.

Never Surrender battle music DLC fucking when?

I have no idea what are you guys talking about, V has a EX color? Unlockable taunts? What are those Nero/Dante challenges?

Attached: 1550106086079.png (1195x672, 651K)

You know how in DMC3/4 during the credits you can kill enemies? And how if you beat enough of them you get a special something? That's what we're talking about here. Killing enough enemies with Nero unlocks a taunt for him and killing more demons than Vergil with Dante unlocks V's EX color.

>Dante is boring as shit in DMC5
this is objectively wrong, unironically the best Dante and overall playable character in the game

Attached: 355.png (389x389, 99K)

charge shot and jump cancel slash her head
save air hike for oh shit moments
if you want the fight trivial use gerbera

>Look mom, I played only the first one once so I could shit on actual DMC fans in true Reddit style
The only game with no Rebellion is 1 and Alastor is the same fucking design. Get your head out of your ass.

BLAST!

The fights during the credits
Nero's fight is just killing all enemies in time
Dante's is killing more enemies than Vergil

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190311045743.png (1920x1080, 3.11M)

The Nero and Dante challenges are the end credits fights. You know you "beat" them if Nico says something positive at the end of Nero's and Dante tells Vergil he killed more demons than Vergil did.

There's also a once per mission healing taunt that you can unlock as well (I forget the condition for unlocking it) but I'm not sure how it's used.

ldk mode when
dmc4se is my favourite musou

same

BAYGONE

DON'T FUCK WITH ME

Attached: fuck you trigger.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

>Getting over his nightmares was a key part of Virgil.
>DSV looks like V's cane but with that dark inky effect of nightmare
>behaves like a rapier, relying on piercing strikes for up close damage
>Swings cause shadows of demons to follow up the attacks
>Combo's make the shadows merge into the other forms
>Finishing blows make a shadow of Vergil appear and use one of V's finishers

Why can´t I spin my sword anymore on command after getting it? Stuck fucking using a combo before I can spin once.

>killing more demons than Vergil with Dante unlocks V's EX color
Dante clearly said he killed more demons in that sequence for me and I still don't have shit. Is the EX color the same one that comes with the deluxe edition? Do those colors have added effects or something?

This is part of the reason why I'm down on DSD but at the same time fuck its watered down Swordmaster list.

shcum

breaker snatch can be enhanced with rawhide
bringer snatch can hold
breaker buster does more damage, and break age buster cannot be interrupted

The problem with Vergil in DMC5 is that they won't even explain how he survived after being destroyed as an Angelo. Like, what happened to him during all these years and how the fuck did he get out of hell and gone to Fortuna? If they gave a background talking about how his very soul was corrupted, then it would make sense for him to sever himself into two, to look for power.

>behaves like a rapier, relying on piercing strikes for up close damage
Already soiled, because that means no judgement nut. Get outta here with these shit designs.

Because you got summoned swords now and they can launch just as well as sword spin, maybe even better.

>If they gave a background talking about how his very soul was corrupted,
V does say his body was corrupted.

like Yamato. You can't improve on perfection.

>redundant
No, specific timing for unnecessary but cool shit has always been a Nero thing. This is a great addition to our boy.

It doesn't make sense at all, because V was supposed to be the "good" counterpart of Vergil, his human side.

Where he rushes at you like a flailing retard. Overture counters it, if you're rising Punchline you can joust with him, and you can buster it.

Attached: Jousting.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

DSD is ugly as fuck
gameplay's good (putting Helm Breaker on Back + Attack was a mistake though, the Swordmaster stuff is really neat)

>Like, what happened to him during all these years and how the fuck did he get out of hell and gone to Fortuna?
He went to Fortuna before DMC3.

I have no idea either, I can't tell if it's part of a combo or what.

Does he throw the finger up every time he transforms? I get it's a call back to DMC4 but it's still kinda funny.

Nero gets DT regen the first time you fight Vergil
the fight is nothing more than a victory lap

Vergil separated his weaker half from him, along with the corruption, whether it was good or bad doesn't factor in.

Donguri uploaded a video where he instantly comboes into SDT without doing the long ass animation, how do you skip it?

If Vergil doesn’t want power at the end anymore then why the hell is he fighting Dante?

Are you saying his good side can't be corrupted? Why the fuck not? That's usually what traumatic shit does, it fucks up the innocent super hard.

Did I miss something after DMC3? I thought Vergil was going to hell to fuck over demons. But now he got back all broken and got some weird disease that forced him split to live.

>He went to Fortuna before DMC3.
Did you play the fucking game? Nero lives in Fortuna with Kyrie, Vergil magically showed up there to rip his arm off.

>I have no idea either, I can't tell if it's part of a combo or what.
Its the YYdelayYY combo now.

You never played DMC1?

>Who would win
>Giant flaming monster that can eat buildings
>A human on a hoverboard.

Opposite for me Dante easy SSS, not brainlet though.

They really nailed Nero this time around, if it weren't for V the game would be 10/10 gameplay. Hopefully Vergil comes free with BP.

>Dante can move faster than light
>Does a slow boomer jog to stpp both when Urizen eats the fruit and when V fuses with him

Defend this

Oh that way.

Activate it, get SSS rank, have the ability that de-activates it without losing your SDT meter IF you have SSS rank, you can re-activate it on command then.

who do you think I am, some kind of boomer?

But if V was corrupted why what's the purpose of Urizen?

>Vergil
>free

DMC3, DMC4 and DmC + DMC5 only. Do explain.

It keeps enemies from flying away after certain moves and if you're on DT you can do 2 punches at once.

The power of cutscenes is stronger than the power of logic.

>double exceed AND charge shot added at the last second
i'll be honest i went from loving nero to kinda resenting him. i was so glad they got rid of charge shot, the input is just RTI inducing and colour up is more satisfying as-is, and double exceed is just obnoxious. i'll give mastering it a fair shot but it feels like more trouble than its worth

>still fucking lost the first time I did it
>still completely whiffed bustering his jet charge even though it apparently has the most generous timing of all of them
God, I always fucking mess up Nero's last ezpz missions.

V is human half + corruption + memories
Urizen is just demon half + power autism

Where did Dante learn how to count?

Attached: 1552275841577.png (610x700, 656K)

Is Vergil's EX unlock beating C19/20 with no continues?

Nah, DSD is the shit, i never knew i wanted it until i got it

just switch it with DT so you can hold L1 during your combos

I think he still wants power but accepts that Nero beat him and in Vergil's special "I'm going to do the right thing but only so that the bad guys don't get in the way of me proving I'm better than you" way goes to do the right thing.

Then once they take down the tree Vergil was probably like "We still need to find out who's stronger" but they seem to be doing it in a brotherly way where they're keeping score rather than trying to murder each other.

I don't know why Dante and Vergil are trapped down there though. Yamato can create dimensional doors and Dante has already gotten out of hell once.

>Does a slow boomer jog to stpp both when Urizen eats the fruit
He stopped. Probably a lot going through his mind over there but he probably felt confident enough to win even powered up Urizen.
>and when V fuses with him
He was weakened from the fight that just went down. Vergil after coming back even tells him to heal up.

his Drive ability

>Does he throw the finger up every time he transforms?
No, that's just for the cinematic DT in the final fight

>doing mission 13 as nero on SoS
>get matched with a Dante who is clearly fucking orb farming
>his faust hat also gives ME a shit ton of orbs while im doing SSS on these enemies
>he's just spamming hat and taunting
>come out of the mission with 100k extra orbs

His mother. She told him he is always one up Vergil no matter what they do.

Deluxe EX is the same. You just unlock it differently.

He went to Fortuna BEFORE DMC1.

Judgement Pierce - have summoned swords in the shape of the rapier stab you from several sides, Judgement Pierce End would just be spikes around the entire area

where did you learn to count
I want to learn too

Attached: borgil.png (973x1080, 1.01M)

I remember back when trying to be as cool as cutscene Dante was the goal, now cutscene Dante's a chump.

problem is i already did that with exceed. i've tried other setups and there's nowhere to really put the knuckle other than r2

Attached: 1531690678461.jpg (125x125, 7K)

Oh shit, it's 5Borgil

Vergil was exhausted and fucked up after DMC3
Got stuck in hell
Arkham undid the seal Sparda placed, so all hell is waking up
Including the king, Mundus, who wastes no time and confronts Vergil
Fucks up Vergil something fierce
Turns him into Nelo Angelo

DMC1 happens
Dante goes to Mallet Island
Confronts Nelo Angelo three times
"Kills" him and realizes Nelo Angelo was Vergil

Turns out, Vergil wasn't killed, just fucked up even further after the DMC1 events

Battled, beat and bruised and still plagued by Mundus STD. He sought Yamato. He found Nero.

DMC5 happens.

They really fucked the online mode in this game. I thought we would be getting Ninja Gaiden 3 Sigma co-op fights, but we got fucking nothing.

They're trapped until DMC6 obviously where some new plot machine will bring them back. Don't forget Morrison's new job too.

BIGGER

youtube.com/watch?v=oKWG7TuOpW8&t=7s
>"playable" vergil leaked
>literally no one gives a fuck
I thought you people were better than this.

NOSE

Thanks bro, btw, was SE DMC4 Virgil not canon?

I think I saw him do it every time he DTs, gotta recheck.

We've been talking about this
Same with the supposed leak about a Trish and Lady c-op DLC
And all the other things someone claims to have found via datamining

This
There's probably a player right now doing a SSS, no hit run, all secrets, perfect play though and their Dante is still retarded in cutscenes. Doesn't matter in the end, but what if it did? That shit would be great
>Beat intro boss
>Credits
>Beat him as Dante SSS without being hit in level 11
>Alternate cutscene of V & Nero walking in on Dante finishing him
My dick would be diamonds

he always does it (on the ground at least) there's just no cinematic camera pan

>it's just a replacement mod for Nero
Is it really going to be that the reboot is going to be the only one to give Vergil his own playable campaign? Come the fuck on, Capcom.

>Already switched Exceed to L1
Then what's stopping you from just putting the guns on L2 and becoming a style god

Attached: 1550436538608.jpg (1200x800, 110K)

I feel like the cameo system and mission 15 is testing the waters for coop bloody palace or cameo system in Dragons Dogma 2

>I'M NOT LETTING YOU DIE
>*grows human hand*
Fugg, I legit started crying.

Attached: Nero wings.jpg (960x540, 161K)

Canon, it was before 3

So I guess I got them already without having to do anything. And there's no added effects like unlimited DT or shit like that right? I think I read somewhere that you can get stuff like that in higher difficulties?

Also how do I wear the hood with Nero?

I thought the summons were there of their own will. Didn’t Dante say something about them wanting to redeem themselves?
Thing

Yea, just a extra "what if" kinda thing

This could be a single post in one of the multiple devil may cry threads already around, but nooooo, we gotta spam the same fucking game all over the board nonstop.

this really felt hamfisted to me, Dante and Vergil are having fun upstairs and then there's this punk who got tricked into awakening DT

I mean even when he doesn't act retarded most of the stuff they do in cutscenes is out of reach. I tried to pierce lucifer's darts in a heart shape for so long before realising I couldn't. Same for piercing rebellion to a wall and standing over it, using pandora's jealousy form in the ground, deflecting bullets in 3 as vergil, etc.

Ironically enough, DMC1 cutscene dante is the most doable among them all since he doesn't really do anything overly crazy.

You're not supposed to treat the ghost punch as another exceed. The damage is negligeable. You have to look at the utility it offers and only use it in certain situations.
What it does is that it stops momentum from your attacks if you time it right. If you don't want an enemy to fly away from you or do some kind of crazy infinite Calibur string then you use the ghost punch, but never treat it as a second exceed because that's not what it's supposed to be, it's purely utility.

The way I see it is like this: this was Sparda's plan all along. We know that he was fond of being a demon and of his true home (from DMC4), despite banishing his entire race to live there. So I think this duality of his are still expressed on his sons, Dante just wants to protect humankind and he draws power to protect those he love, while Vergil seeks power through his demon nature, always involving opening a portal between the worlds or going to hell himself. Sparda protected humankind but also left a lot of Hell Gates throughout the world, so that he could be at ease about visiting his home any time he wanted. Dante and Vergil are essentially Sparda split in two.

But it looks cool if you pull it off for a combo and that's all that matters

My only problem with DSD is it seems a little too thick, looks kinda awkward.
Now I've been hoping that playable vergil has his force edge replaced with a borrowed DSD that Dante has to let him borrow for some reason.

cringe doomer

i do, i just don't like it. it's not a "fun" input, it doesn't feel like a mechanical test in the way other inputs do. it was only ever added because they didn't have time to give nero more shit in dmc4 so they had to make his gun interesting somehow

No, it is not a what if. It 100% takes place. It explains how he dicked some lady to make nero. It takes place roughly a year or two before dmc3

I was more angry have they shat on Nero after that it turns out that Dante just let Nero fight cause of him being angsty and Virgil let him win, they just bitchslapped him like nothing and went to hell to party, which just further drives in how weak Nero was. Feel bad for him.

it does more damage than Dante's new swordmaster lol

Who's the wife?

DEAD WEIGHT

Does defeating Vergil in mission 20 always end in the same way? I grabbed his clone and smashed it against his head and it was so sick. Or does that happen for everyone?

>Vergil
>Letting anyone win

They totally are, Griffin himself says that he's there to make sure that dante is strong enough to be ready to fight vergil

>they just bitchslapped him like nothing
Nero stopped them both while they were in SDT and trying to kill each other
When they dunked him, he wasn't expecting it, and them both punching him was still not as strong as him bitchslapping Dante.

He has been reborned dude, and getting assraped in hell changes you.

I mean, when he was told about their fighting, he assumed it was to the death because of the wording, and it's not like he saw them actually fight before.

They're also going on a suicide mission. Cause they need to die to rid Vergil of Mundus' influence completely.

>guns on L2
>exceed on L1
>devil buster on R2
>lock-on on R1
where do I put the breaker break then?

>having fun
It was a deathmatch. That was the whole point. They were going to kill each other.
Nero came in and taught them that they don't need to kill each other because of their sibling feud, that there were more ways to settle it.
If Nero hadn't come in then one or the other would have died, that was the whole point, the deadly sibling feud, was that Nero, with his own life experiences, knows that power can be used in other ways than just to get stronger and kill each other.

I don't mind the knuckle, but fuck charge shot is obnoxious

When Nero jumped in, they both just stopped since they were surprised, or you would see them swinging their swords. Dante recovered instantly from DT punch and just sat that one out since he deemed it a fight Nero had to have.

D-Pad because breaking is for fags that got hit

Attached: 1543351414274.jpg (327x327, 24K)

It WAS to death, that's the whole point.

>Also how do I wear the hood with Nero?
I think it's a B level taunt. He pulls the hood up and keeps it up until he's hit

>But it looks cool
It looks even cooler when you use it for it's true utility purpose. It's a whole new layer of depth for every single facet of Nero's moveset, and if you use it like an exceed then you completely disregard what it can actually be used for, the combos that can be made with it will be far more cool and far more technical and deeper if you actually use it like a momentum stopper instead of trying to use it as an exceed.

you mad? Dante sword is lit af

I can't be the only one who finds Nero incredibly boring and easy to play right? He's basically the same from 4 only with Devil breakers added. And usually they just amount to an additional attack.

Meanwhile Dante is so fucking damn fun hopping between styles and twirling my faust hat around.

>yfw you land red hot night on Vergil and take off a quarter of his health.

Attached: 1473194588623.png (771x771, 728K)

What? Vergil did not let him win. How retarded are you to think that Vergil would ever let anybody win, let alone his own bastard son he never cared about before that moment?

I dont think there is any practical difference between them; Sparda might be a bit bigger but otherwise they use the same moves and do the same damage.

I always felt its a what if because he fights the same bosses down to the final boss, something impossible imo if its not a what if.

Nigga, just unequip the charge shot ability in the Customize screen and ignore the the Buster exceed entirely. I doubt any of those are a must even if you're going to S rank all missions in DMD. Hell, most people probably don't even try to Ex/Max-Act and the game might still be doable without mastering that. The fact Nero can now rev his sword while running and jumping already makes a huge difference from DMC4.

I don't know, Dante seemed pretty worn out when he just kinda laid down. You think it was just him being "oh it's your burden" again?

Trapped until DLC

The actual levels are yeah, but he was actually in fortuna, the cutscenes arent a what if.

I don't get it. Why make Color Up at all if they were going to bring back charge shot?

idk didn't feel like a deathmatch to me

honestly I don't feel like they want to kill each other at all despite what everyone in the game is saying, they make it seem like they fight each other to the death for fun

Attached: 1552127548470.jpg (2560x1440, 341K)

This.

>He's basically the same from 4 only with Devil breakers added
This proves to me that you are shit at Nero and have not discovered or is not using all the new tools he has now.
Bringer knuckle adds an entirely new layer to his combat and makes it far more technical than just "hurr just 4 but devil breakers".

>breaking is for fags that got hit
Except when you wanna actively change your breaker?

>D-pad
And where does DT activation go?

Ive had the hoodie taunt happen at both a and s rank style level, it seems pretty random

>ex colors to Trish and Lady
>they're not even playable
Why

Attached: 1540566093.png (428x448, 194K)

I don't even really use charge shot except against certain bosses. I just leap and fly around exceeding on everything. Why are there autists who think they need to constantly perform every move at every single moment?

Attached: puddingcat.gif (250x341, 2.88M)

Someone needs to make an edit where when V and Urizen fuse DMC Vergil emerges lol

This doesn't look good, though.

Am a brainlet so could someone correct me if I’m wrong? In the end, Dante went to kill Vergil to stop him from doing other stupid shit while Vergil, now a changed man just wants to beat Dante once to prove his worth. Then Nero comes along and beats them both up to tell them that there are other ways of going about things and they both fuck off to hell to have a good time? That’s how I interpreted it

Vergil has one too and you can't play as him. Yet

Maybe for bloody palace?

L1 like everyone else

because charge shot is fun and color up gives you a back up plan to stun enemies

who do i believe

Attached: 1543770413614.jpg (827x464, 103K)

I've never seen this guy this happy besides that all smiles picture

It's kind of surprising that Dante didn't want Vergil to come back and flipped his shit when he realized what V was going to do, they looked absolutely ecstatic seeing each other again

>i play sub optimally like a single digit iq tardo, why do other people prefer to make full use of the game's systems instead of crippling themselves like me?

>Vergil let him win
>Outright says "If I beat him that means I beat you Dante, deal?"
Are you retarded son?

I find Dante very fun to play now that his weapons are more fleshed out than they were in 4 but since I can't into style switching and love Nero's ability to pull people to him (especially now that he's got his buster back) I like Nero more.

Just because I don't use one of his skills doesn't mean I can't play him. I've already S'd DMD mode. I just find style switching way more fun then grapples and shit. Reminds me too much of god of war.

Did you read the reply chain? L1 is already taken by exceed.

Not the same Vergil as before.

Go back to V's talk with Trish.

>I-I CAN STILL FIGHT!
>WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO COUNT? WE'RE EVEN!
Nah, he's still the manchild he's always been who hates losing.

They were both too stuck in their ways, and Nero breaking up the fight is what breaks them out of it. Their fight in the epilogue, where they are actually shown to be just having fun, is contraposed to their fight on the tree, where they were trying to kill each other.

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190309234505.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

I like to use Nero's Charge shot at close range. Gives me a boner.

Wait, so you're whining and bitching and complaining that you can't play Nero, but then you harp on about how great you are? Pick a damn tale retard.

Square since Guns are on L1/L2

Dante went to go kill him because through his actions it resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths, (for a second time, he's killed a city before) Vergil knew Dante would react that way so he fucked off to go wait for him to heal up because he'd find it dishonorable to just dick Dante into the floor after he was tired from fighting Urizen. They are 100% fighting to the death in mission 19, Nero comes in and bitch slaps them both because he wasnt able to save Credo, his childhood friend, and now with the sudden realization he has actual family he refuses to lose them either. So he dabs on his dad and uncle, who kinda take the beating and go "fine dickhead", stop fighting each other, and go fuck off to fix the mess while trying to repair whatever their brotherly relationship is.

Wouldnt Vergil be kinda boring to play now that he only has Yamato?

The summoned swords are actually extremely good once you get over the changed moveset.

Optimal is SSS rank. I can use whatever gets me there and don't need to fire a single charged blue rose shot. Eat my liquid feces

That sounds like a recipe for failed random activations. I mean I'll try it but I dont like how the layout looks at all. All this ass backwards shit so I can use gun, fucking hell.

Attached: 1545406333305.png (640x640, 193K)

As someone else said, if you compare the boss fight to the fight at the end where they're clearly just fighting each other for the fun of it, you can see the difference.

I was a little surprised that Dante wanted to just rush and kill Vergil right away. Vergil himself told Dante to take a break and come back at full strength. I feel like Dante could have said "okay I'll see you in 6 months at our old house" and Vergil would have been there with bells on.

Not if theres a post game campaign where they fight through hell and he gets some new devil arms of his own in the process.

Attached: 1522549283576.png (1067x625, 524K)

tfw thinking about buying Nero's coat, I'm tall with broad shoulders and not overweight so I might be able to pull it off

Maybe Vergil could get three new weapons based on his summons as V.

Attached: 1552230512749.jpg (698x760, 129K)

It takes like 30 seconds to acclimate but getting easy charged shots in the middle of fighting is great

You weren't hit enough as a child.

Trenchcoats are already a giant red flag in the real world that indicate to everyone around you that you're a doof.

I'm sure they do good damage and whatever else but they just seem very low impact.

The weakest point of the game and the one that ends up preventing it from being the best game in the series. One of the greatest mistakes of this game is listening too much to the fans, for years fans have been memeing about Vergil and trhe devs took this meme Vergil and put into the game, "the alpha and omega" title card pretty much spell it out that this is meme Vergil

Yeah, Dante rushing in to stop V struck me as kind of weird. You'd think he'd want to see him after how 3 ended but nope.

>they both just stopped since they were surprised, or you would see them swinging their swords
They couldn't swing their swords because Nero was holding their arms.

The important thing is they can attack while you move and do other things. They kinda semi stay doing their own thing for a moment after activation.

Like in 3 and 4 they could just ignore all continuity and give him back Beowulf and Force Edge.

>complains about finding Nero boring
>admits to not using, experimenting with and learning bringer knuckle momentum cancels which is the absolute biggest new thing for Nero's combat and adds an entirely new layer of depth to his moveset because of momentum stop

Where were you when DMC5 confirmed Donguri is an absolute pleb at games that are not DMC4?

The fact that it's missing an arm is a little weird.

I think Dante was just sick of Vergils shit at that point. With how many people Vergil had killed and had even killed himself in pursuit of power, Dante was probably at his wits end over it and just decided it needed to be over.

this is accurate

a big factor of the fun of these games is mastering them, getting good feels great and you can really see a difference. at a certain point though the complexity and input barrier is so high that playing it stops really being fun and feels more like work, but resigning yourself to not even bothering takes value from the game for people who enjoy the mastery curve

call it autism, call it casual, but i like to feel like i'm getting good at something and ascending to mastery over time while still actually enjoying the gameplay.

Alright guys here me out...

What if... Lucia DLC?

Attached: DMC2_-_Lucia_02.png (680x956, 274K)

Give that Borgil to me.

Attached: dmc5 borgil.png (513x468, 237K)

Does anybody else feel like all the insane Vergil wanking in this story detracts from the character? He's cool in DMC3 because he's calculating and subdued in contrast to Dante's bombastic attitude. The fact that he was such a good mirror to you, the protag, and the fact that the two of you grow together over the course of the game are the things that made him cool. Now a tree that reaches to outer space heralds his coming and he's also half the main characters (2/3 if you count this as Nero's game) and when those characters fuse again the reinvigorated Vergil starts flying around like a jet plane knocking shit down. Anybody see the problem?

NEVER EVER

>be teenage boy
>go to hot chick's party, she's legal now but still won't fuck anyone but alright I'll take the challenge
>she lives in this weird-ass mansion, lots of cleaning stuff scattered around
>still, pretty fun party, all the regular bros and hoes showed up
>halfway through the night there's some rumbling noise
>look outside and a van erupts from the yard
>bunch of literally whos come flooding out with swords and shit
>ohfuck.jpg
>some 40-year-old boomer kicks the door open and chucks like twenty boxes of pizza on the table from across the room
>guy that doesn't look much older than the rest of us walks in and waves at us awkwardly
>blonde woman carries in a fucking jukebox with like one arm
>other chick with glasses is yelling and cursing not to drop the damn thing
>lady with a fucking rocket launcher walks in and gives bedroom eyes to what feels like the whole room
>another 40-year-old boomer that looks like he never left his twenties walks over and just fucking stares at me
>I go to take a drink and he starts autistically rambling about having power and his motivation or whatever the fuck
>birthday girl is all over the first boomer, he looks like he really doesn't wanna be here
>20-year-old is drawing all the girls' eyes but screams something about "KIERYEH" or some shit
>revs his fucking sword, no lie, and rides it out the front door
>both boomers hang around the blonde chick looking even more uncomfortable than before
>even the hot lady with the rocket launcher is getting piss drunk it looks like
>boomer throws pizza slice at the other guy and screams "WOOHOOHOO"
>guy slices the thing out of mid-air and screams "NOW I'M MOTIVATED"
>both of them turn into fucking bat demons and fly through the roof
>the rest of them are just acting like this is normal
>chick with glasses walks over and starts talking about how hard it was to make a robot arm that drills but still has a good grip
>I can't tell if she's coming on to me
>mfw I just wanted to smash

Attached: 1552274143399.png (376x438, 265K)

Not true, he has Devil Sword Vergil too

user, stop. You're hurting yourself. I like that black ginger too but she's stuck in novels and DMC2.

It was actually kind of concerning watching him do his live playthrough and being complete ass. He failed both credits sequences.

What I don’t get is why even after V said that he realised what he threw away in the pursuit of power, he just tries to kill Dante to prove himself as more powerful right after merging

Cringe.

This is why I didn't stream my playthrough the first time, I don't need people seeing me die to vergil 10 times.

That """hilt""" ruins it tbqh. Without it it wouldn't look that much like an item from some korean MMORPG

>at credits
>dante/vergil challenge
>combowombo the fuck outta demons like its nothing
>he just judgement cuts them from like 3 continents over to finish them off
>tfw getting cuked by vergil

Attached: 1551860709541.jpg (584x575, 50K)

Because re fusing doesn't make him V. He's part V part Urizen. And Urizen is a power hungry dickhead. All V is, is a window into Vergil not being a complete cunt all the time, and that he wouldn't have been a bad person had he not seen his mother die and then gotten separated from his brother. V is what Vergil would have been like without the lust for power autism.

Who else Red Hot Night here?

Attached: 1543374571933.png (1093x1223, 2.61M)

I thought this too. Its the fucking spikes around the guard on the sword. Look like they're straight from MHW.

How long as Nico been around, we know from the arm theft flashback she has been working with Nero since just after 4, but she has never met Dante??

Also why did they never show Kyrie, did Capcom not wanna model her

AS I STARE INTO THE EYE
OF THE COMING
APOCALYPSE

Fucking kek.

It’s missing the sleeve and looks “torn” off. You’d look wack no matter what user

What's the point of setting your battle themes if they don't even play most of the time?

unironically get good

exceed after every swing for more fast
bringer knuckle during swings for extra damage/knockback cancel
hold that charge shot for giga shot every 15 seconds
better be ready to DT if you see damage coming, and if you're out, time to break away
I honestly love nero's full kit so much

Everyone who shows up in DMC5 has to be made ugly as fuck, Itsuno wanted to spare Kyrie that fate.

Where can I find the control scheme that comes up during the credits to actually look at properly?

>it takes 30 seconds to forget muscle memory
I mean I don't deny how shit I am at the game but fuck you.

It’s why I have an Elite controller for Xbox One X so I can map certain buttons to the paddles on the back.
It’s a bitch holding charge as Nero but needing to swing his sword.
Same goes with V as I always charge the lightning as the bird while attacking with the panther.

No. Also

DMC2 Rebellion > Rebellion

All the more reason to bring it back now that Rebellion is gone.

Lucia theme DLC is already in the game.

Attached: Morrison Boner.png (1024x576, 531K)

Which would be a better DLC?
>Dante and Vergil's whacky underworld adventures
>Trish and Lady contracted to rescue the Sparda twins from the underworld

Do NOT get my hopes up, user.

Skill list in pause menu. Devil Bringer page.

The first one. Dante and Vergil brotherly banter is a long time coming.

Dante and Vergil obviously. Trish and Lady were always trash.

Dante and Vergil.

While I like Lady I've never found Trish very fascinating. She just feels like a leftover from DMC1 that doesn't really have a purpose.

>Dantes theme says something about being Omega
>Vergils title is Alpha and Omega

Attached: 1545676450643.jpg (320x473, 33K)

Devil Sword fixes the archaic nature of Dante's air moveset in a respectful way. Although design wise I prefer the simplicity of Alastor

Both as separate 10-mission campaigns with a four-man cameo crossover setpiece for the finale.

Who´s Morgan Freeman and that Patty women? Is it from that pre-release DMC5 novel?

Does DMD give enemies more/new attacks this time around or no?

Attached: 6550_20180629205609_1.png (1920x1080, 856K)

Yes? Why wouldn't it?

VICIOUS KITTY!

Attached: 1461382196835.webm (800x450, 2.81M)

They're from the anime

DMC5 SE:
-Dante and Vergil Hell adventures
-6 New bosses
-Vergil playable
-Yamato and two new weapons
-Dante get one new weapon and one old
-5 hours long
-You can play whoever on all levels now

30 bucks. Would you pay?

I watched the anime but can literally not remember the black guy

There music mods for this game yet?

No extra costumes?

Only bosses, but they do get DT.
Cause they are lazy.

Morrison was white until now. For some reason he was changed.

Makes sense when you consider that Vergil wrote his title himself.

They are Kingdom Hearts Final Mix tier by now with their SE. Releasing the game fully planning to release it again with some extra stuff for a cancerous price

Yes, user. I will buy every bit of DLC for this game.

I feel like playing all levels as anyone will be an update anyway but yes I'll buy it

He was white then

Any cool mysterious character gets lame when they become deeper. His motivation for power obviously stemmed from his past, but having to spell that out so directly for the audience makes him look even weaker.

I would like it, it would be nice to see what they could do with Lucia with proper development time

You are the cancer killing the industry.

>one of Dante's quotes for not continuing is "Man I'm old"

It was like 5 years and a game between 4 and 4SE so i doubt it was intended, they'll probably do dlc this time.

Omega because he's the younger brother. Vergil just puts it there too because of his autism.

No that's SJWs and ideology driven developers who hire for diversity rather than competence.

>Why do people want to use the options available to them to be stylish and have fun?
It's a fucking mystery m8 we'll never know

faggot

In terms of aesthetics when used by Dante.

Alastor>DSD>Rebellion>Sparda>Force Edge

Attached: 1552114715478.jpg (741x711, 116K)

I died a lot to Vergil and it bugged every time there because he's younger than Vergil so his age is not a good excuse.

What is the difference between the credits sequence if you fail them or succeed? I have no idea which happened to me. Vergil was talking during the second credits scene and got cut-off midsentence. Like when I was fightin Urizen and he was saying something and I just chunked all his health, missing the dialogue

Remake DMC2 first.

completing both credits sequences successfully unlocks V's EX color, as well as the special cutscenes.

Well shit I guess I fucked up. What are the special cutscenes?

What does everyone mean by Nero's counter?

This is the best Dante has been in any DMC game. Design, personality and gameplay.

>spending quality time with Vergil in hell
>you just know they'll use this as sequel bait for Dante and Vergil adventures

The future of DMC is looking so bright, I love you itsuno.
Only downside is no Vergil route. Would be even worse if they bring him back with the same set from DMC3 and 4 SE

Morrison giving Trish and Lady a new job.
Dante and Vergil in hell having friendly fights and keeping score of who gets the upper hand, then murdering demons together and ending on a JACKPOT

Weird, I got those cutscenes but I don't remember getting V's costume.

Would be even more boring if they just brought back Beowulf and Force Edge. Expand Yamato, expand JC mechanics, expand summoned swords, expand motivation meter but balance it better, give him four styles to mirror Dante (Darkslayer as Trickster, an alternate stance type thing for Yamato as SM, Summoned Sword-based style for GS, something similar to Royalguard but instead of building meter for release it focuses on parrying like he does as a boss maybe with different direction parries having different effects like launching, knockdown, dazing), give him new weapons, just don't fucking rehash Beowulf and Force Edge again.

I'm thinking of putting gun on L1 and moving the Break Away to square, but i'm a bit worried i'll hit it on accident and go through all of my arms, does anyone else have it set to square?

The first is seeing Lady and Trish being at Devil May Cry and taking up Morrison's new mission; while the second is one between Dante and Vergil and ending with jackpot. And don't worry about the EX color, it doesn't have to be in the same run, just pass them separately and it'll still unlock.

>worried about V's gameplay pre release
>ending up absolutely fucking ADORING it
>love V as a character too, every thing about him
>ends up being wasted as 'amalgamation of Vergil's humanity' and will never ever come back
Fuck my life

Attached: 46604372_684251725310553_1648743461750956354_n.jpg (1022x1277, 68K)

He will come back in DD2

he might get asspulled back into existence somehow. Vergil gave nero the book

V isn't entirely Vergil, just an aspect of him, and even then V outright says that Dante and Vergil must fight, even his human-side understands that dynamic can't change just like that.

I do, you'll get used to it.

That's not his kill animation, it just plays anytime he and the clone are near each-other. It's supposed to show you that you can Buster two enemies at once.
I killed him by shooting him in the back after dodging a Rapid Slash. I feel kinda dirty for doing it, too.

Dont hit him when hes in devil trigger mode just avoid his attacks and wait for him to go back to normal

So what the hell was Vergil doing during all those years between DMC1 and 5 and why didn't he come back sooner?

This is bs. I got both cutscene, failed the two mini missions and got no V ex colour.

>Healing taunt
That would explain why I was at one point getting my shit handed to me when suddenly I went from a bar or two of health to full or nearly full.

Interesting.

He was extremely repentant. V is Vergil. Urizen is not Vergil. This is evidenced by demonstrating that V has Vergil's memories while Urizen does not and is nothing more than the embodiment of craving power and destruction.

Vergil split himself to save himself from dying of Mundus aids, he didn't do it so his evil half could make a giant tree and kill a billion people. His decision to split him self was a bad one, but it came from the mind of man who had been tortured and warped in hell for over a decade and was in his death throes. He barely had any memory of who he was even before he split himself.

If Vergil had won at the end and killed Dante after he became Vergil again, he would have done exactly what he ended up doing. Going to hell and sealing the portals. Then he probably would have autisticly worked on a plan to revenge kill Mundus.

If you want to talk about how Vergil was an asshole then the prime example is definitely not DMC5, it's DMC3. The only excuse he really has for summoning a tower that likely killed thousands of innocents was an "ends justifies the means" mentality where once he had the power of Sparda he would use it to prevent further innocent deaths by fucking Mundus and hell's shit up so they would never invade.

Attached: 1552102593468.png (638x824, 225K)

>he fucking SUCKS at his own goals anyway. Loses to Dante in 3, loses to Mundus, loses to Dante again in 1, loses to Dante as two separate beings in 5, loses to his crippled son after that.
To be fair he did beat Dante round one in 3

Side rolling has more i frames than jumps, right?

Attached: 1552250695283.gif (550x340, 2.9M)

Dante and Vergil DLC
Lady and Trish campaign in the SE released with the next gen consoles

That's where you got it wrong. There is no good or evil side. Just the weak and strong side. They're both evil in the end.

Just started my SoS playthrough and I gotta say, this feels like the game truly begins here. It's such a well balanced difficulty so far. Enemies have enough health to style properly but not so much that they become a chore, the new enemy placement freshens things up and bosses becoming more aggressive much earlier makes the battle a lot more tense as well.

To be fair, he was standing at the top chilling while Dante had to cut through all the demons to get there.

>He barely had any memory of who he was even before he split himself.

This is exemplified by V saying "I remember now" when he recalls the town being attacked before. Vergil is still recovering his old memories and undoing Mundus' corruption.

>be piratefag
>pick mission 13
>get conncting to network during loading screen
>still dont see anyone
fug

Fun and all, till you face Urie, whacking the crystals is no fun.

I don't think so. Jump has I frames through the whole rising animation. While roll only has it through the start and mid part of the roll animation, not the end.

Why do people act like DMD is the be all end all difficulty of Devil May Cry games when Hell or Hell exists?

Attached: 1552105144419.jpg (1920x1080, 478K)

Oh, you poor thief

I suck ass at the game like I normally do on my first playthrough of DMC. I actually don't feel like I'm having much fun until about a second playthrough.
Anyway, the enemies are barely even attacking me in Devil Hunter, Royal Guard seems useless against the trash enemies because they never counter-attack. Will they be more aggressive in SoS?

If V is corrupted then why isn't Vergil corrupted once he is whole again

>be piratefag
>loading screen in mission 13 says connecting to network
>still dont meet anyone
Fug.

Yeah but I think that animation lasts slightly longer than the rising animation

>Finally get to play dante
>he sucks
I don't know, maybe its because i'd had a few beers by that point but I just couldn't enjoy dante. V is so fucking overpowered and dancing around while my cat and bird fuck everything up is too entertaining, same with nero's interchangeable arms. Dante just feels boring in comparison. His first chapter is the first time I didn't get an S rank either.

>thief
capcom released it drm free as a gift, how is this stealing

He doesn't suck, you just don't know how to play him

Dante is the most fun to play as, if you use Royal guard + the fist

if you get shit talked by Nico/Vergil you failed

>Urizen is not Vergil
Dante disagrees with you, he treats V like a complete stranger but seems to consider Urizen to basically be Vergil ("that was your brother?" "afraid so")

Holy shit it's not just me then. When I switched to RG for the Vergil fight I went with to Balrog without even thinking.

>Not Fucking off all of that and just using Tomboys

Attached: 1542477525305.jpg (856x960, 97K)

Because SoS difficulty monsters isn't the hardest.

Because Hell or Hell demons dont have DMD devil triggers.

Either because of the effects of the fruit, or perhaps V's summons were the Mundus aids personified.

That's a fair price for 5 more hours of gameplay and a character

His gameplay may return as something Vergil does. Who knows.

It's been a long fucking time since I played a devil may cry game so I guess i've forgotten how to play him, but fuck it, fuck this boomer faggot, give me my goth boy.
The fists are fun but I don't like how often you accidentally switch between feet/hands and they look goofy as hell, I found RG totally fucking useless though since on devil hunter the enemies just don't attack enough.

Is there someone at Capcom who could direct DMC6 besides Itsuno?

Yes, but Urizen himself says he doesn't even have memories of the event that Vergil's entire character and motivation is based around. He treats V like an asshole because he always knew V was Vergil. That's why he's constantly avoiding him like when he rides cavalier away even though V tells him to wait. That's why he even trusts V enough to finish off Urizen. If he didn't know who V was he wouldn't have let the dude even close to the dying Urizen, he was giving his brother a chance for redemption. He even says he knew who V was when Nero asks what the fuck just happened and he says Vergil's two halves just re-united.

Give it to Matt if Itsuno wont do it.

>DMC6 is set after a big timeskip
>Two main characters - Nero's kids
>one is a jock with Dante/Nero-like gameplay
>the other is a nerd with V-like gameplay

I've had the complete opposite experience. I can steamroll just about everything as Dante, but I can't figure out V for shit.
I beat all of Dante's bosses on the first shot, except Cerberus and Vergil (continued from a checkpoint / restarted mission once each to beat them), but I died to fucking Nidhogg 5 goddamn times on Normal, and can't do any encounter without losing 5 or 6 bars of health.
I'm nearing the end of SoS, and I've started doing janky shit like enemy-stepping and taunting or just blocking for a minute straight, to raise my style before I even start attacking. Meanwhile, with V, I just get facefucked by enemies. It doesn't help that I start mashing triangle and my stupid fucking idiot cat just fucking stands there and watches the mobs skitter around. Shadow is always a fucking asshole, always has been.
So I'm constantly practicing and replaying V's missions and figuring him out because that's the whole point of the game and I'm not letting it beat me.

Attached: 1552246787078.png (552x896, 241K)

It's a higher level taunt, at least.

Attached: Sorry pops.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

>He treats V like an asshole because he always knew V was Vergil
Wrong. He only figures it out once V is about to fuse with Urizen.

I like Matt, but he is just a hypeman.

I hope he could, he seems like he's itsunos protege in a lot of ways. He might rather continue to work with itsuno though.

>Balrog and RG
So I'm not alone. Good. I've always hated RG, honestly, and now it just clicks with Balrog.

That's because Dante doesn't get it either. He views his brother, in his own mind, as a power obsessed and indeed very powerful demon. If he had actually payed any attention to V, he'd have noticed but, and this is the WHOLE POINT, Dante has a huge blind spot when it comes to Vergil's human side. Just as Vergil sees nothing BUT Dante's human side.

They're like, opposites. GET IT.

Attached: consider.jpg (569x428, 25K)

The Latter. Notice that the tattoos appear on V's body the second that he is separated? The summons were always tied to Nelo Angelo and his abominable thoughts. Once V merged with Urizen, it purged the final bits of Nelo Angelo from his consciousness and Griffon, Shadow and Nightmare became real, instead of dreams again. Even if Urizen didn't eat the fruit, the merge would have still saved them, which was what V was counting on when he hired Dante. He wanted to kill Urizen even before he got a chance to eat the fruit, the original plan was to kill him when he was sleeping while the tree was growing. The only thing the fruit did for them was give them a stupid large power boost, enough to match Dante.

Hype and love for a series is all you need to try to steer it in the right direction. He doesn't have to make the game, just take the helm.

He knew it by the time he went to home.
What he figured out when V went to fuse with Urizen, was that V's plan was to fuse all along.

Urizen is Vergil enough to make the house of childhood his final battleground against Dante, even if he doesn't remember WHY it needs to be the place.
You know, the place his mother abandoned him for Dante. The place and day he soliloquy-ed about at the top of the qliphoth.
Urizen even calls out Dante during his fight that Dante never lost anything.

Not saying anything you wrote is wrong, but I think Urizen as a character can't be written off just because he has no memories. He is still a fragment of Vergil, and his instinctive choices WITHOUT memories speak more of Vergil's core than most give credit for.

With V you literally just stand there and taunt while your cat and bird trash everything, if shit gets too frantic summon your big boy and ride his back. The cat does get stuck on shit sometimes which I guess is what you're describing, you just need to get closer to the enemy and he'll spawn right between you and the enemy though, powering the cat with DT seems to be a smart move too since he works much more efficiently then. I haven't finished the story yet though so I can't comment on how he is in SoS.

If you paid attention you would realize he knew it was him the entire time. Even the very first cutscene where Lady/Trish ask "who the fuck is that guy?" when V decides to leave instead of confront Urizen and Dante says "nobody important".

It is very much implied that when he told Dante about the job and that the demon he was hunting was Vergil he also told him how he split himself in two with Yamato.

Vergil was ready for his life to end in final duel with Dante. Even fragments of his mind fought against Dante while knowing they have no fucking chance at winning and Dante noticed that it's like they wanted to atone for something.
The one who saved Vergil was Nero who is hell-bent on not losing his family. Dante loves him too despite their decades long struggle.

I am going to miss Rebellion guys ;_; why they replace it with this muh anime sword

Put break away on d-pad

I think the DLC that takes the highest priority should be the option to play any mission as any character.

Dante knows its Vergil from the beginning. In the cutscene where Dante meets V and V tells him Urizen is his reason for fighting, the cutscene ends with V mouthing the name Vergil.

Rebellion was an anime sword too.

What's even worse is that from all the new backstory, it was the reverse when they were young. Dante was a little theiving shithead that acted like a demon, while Vergil was a pure innocent soul who was always polite and playing. Dante getting saved by his mom and seeing her die caused him to move away from that, while Vergil had the opposite happen, he realized he needed to stop being a goody two shoes and actually do something about the demons and so started to crave power above all else and started to associate his loss of a happy life with Dante.

It already was an anime sword

Okay but what does Trish use now though

Anime already was sword

Also, because of this. It means that Sparda knew the switch would happen. The boys were given their respective swords when they started being trained in swordsmenship by Sparda. But then does that mean that Sparda left to ensure that Eva would die and the boys would become the people that he envisioned? Dante did say that his dad could be pretty Grim, since Rebellion is actually the Sword of Revenge.

Alastor

Already sword anime was

Dunno if this is common knowledge but if you start Nightmare's big laser he'll finish regardless of if you get DT drained or end DT yourself, has made him a lot more useful to me.

Attached: Nightmare Laser.webm (900x506, 2.92M)

I really the sword splitted mode when Dante is in majin form. Other than that yeah the design sucks balls.
The gameplay is good though

That's just him saying Urizen is Vergil.
He goes
>that demon is your reason for fighting. his name is Vergil
Nothing there implies he told Dante he is also Vergil.

It's the hilt that ruins it

Is it just me or does the combat and especially the bosses feel boring and easy as fuck

Yeah but why would he stop at that. Why keep it a secret that Vergil split himself. Like the other user said, when Dante doesnt elaborate to Lady and Trish it implies he isnt just a regular client.
Also in mission 18 when Dante goes:
>Damnit V, was this your plan all along?
implies that he already knew, atleast to me.

No it's not, it's the shit in the middle

Striving for survival is wrong? He splitted himself up to survive and fight one last time with Dante, Urizen fucks shit up but also to survive as absorbing tree blood and eating the fruit will cure his AIDS and in the end V merged back to survive too because V still have the AIDS.

You are playing on Normal. Of course it is easy.

you can jc ex and jab the same hit, it's insane i love it

He gave his astute, reserved, and obedient son a blade that rewards careful use. He gave his brash, overbearing brat of a son a giant broadsword that rewards overbearing strength.

That part of them never really changed.

I blame the dry as hell music on them aside from Cavalier Angelo.

I only like playing Nero if I have certain Breakers, otherwise he feels pretty one-note.

Why the fuck can't I do secret mission 5? The second grim grip won't let me grab it.

Attached: 20190311095154_1.jpg (1920x1080, 322K)

DH is easy as piss save for the Vergil fight though. I'm surprised they don't let you pick a harder difficulty to start but it is tradition I guess.
Still, DH is so easy I can't imagine playing the game on human mode for the trophy. Why didn't they just bundle it with completing DH?

Shoot it

We are one and the same
But you've lost me
And I've lost you
Yet we are connected
By that one feeling

Attached: Tsuyomaru%27s_DMC5_Before_the_Nightmare_V.png (595x842, 341K)

you are shooting them right?

Where's all this revealed? The novel? I don't recall anything much about their past in game asides from the one Eva cutscene.

anyone else still not convinced nero is vergil's son?
from vergil not remembering to vergil banging some random thot, I find that high fucking unlikely
maybe he's some kind of experiment made in fortuna, somehow related to vergil/sparda?

Attached: 1528918842494.jpg (592x555, 60K)

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 52K)

oh well there's me being a dummy and wondering why I couldn't use that grim grip in the tutorial

He already know that shit before as he was saying "if yamata has the power to split man from demon etc..." in mission 12

I'm scared of playing against Vergil with V when Bloody Palace comes out.

Attached: sk8erV.png (1024x717, 342K)

Being able to ride Shadow was based.

Yes, but their function beyond that. He gave the sword that could separate human and demon to the son that would eventually despise his humanity. While he gave the sword that could inject more demon into the son that would embrace his humanity more then his demonic heritage.

Both swords would be what they needed at those times. You could argue that Sparda thought that the swords would need to be used on the other brother. That Vergil could use Yamato to separate the demon from Dante. While Dante would need to inject more demon into Vergil, but it doesn't feel like that.

>First he acts like he wants to stop Vergil
it's possible his plan was to reemerge with Vergil all along or at least find an alternative where Urizen won't win, which is why he was concerned with getting to the tree in quick time
If he told Dante everything Dante probably wouldn't be too cool with it

They can get out at any time like you said. This might not be official canon but it's the reason why you can see them chilling in the van afterwards. Nero sperging out over them having to stay makes no sense, or he's not aware that Yamato can do that. For all we know they were pretending to have to stay so they could fight all they want without Nero interrupting. "We have plenty of time."

Gallery entries. An old diary you find from the Library reveals that an old man once met Vergil, who talks about how Dante always takes his things if he doesn't write his name in them.

I wonder what his special kill animation will be against him. Stabbing through the chest?

>tfw you royal guard release Vergil's jet

Attached: 1537592292091.png (284x437, 170K)

Just beat the game on DH, what the hell is Double Exceed can you enlight me.

Attached: 1544834677499.jpg (1080x1316, 146K)

I suppose look at it from Dante's perspective
>hey your father is dead but he's my brother and he's crazy obsessed with power or motivation and tried to kill everyone
and given Dante's carefree attitude and his penchant for being pretty reserved about his personal life he probably just wanted Nero to live without that emotional hangup
someone brought up in another thread how Nero, at least up until he fights Vergil, didn't have daddy issues and he arguably turned out the best out of everyone mentally

Attached: 1534401588402.jpg (637x607, 64K)

streamable.com/191uv