Now that the dust has settled, can we admit that playing as him sucks?

Now that the dust has settled, can we admit that playing as him sucks?

Attached: devil-may-cry-5-v.jpg (620x349, 28K)

he always sucked, can't make a puppet character feel fun in a character action game

this is why he barely has any missions
itsuno did good

Point finger on bird, middle on panther, ring on golem, just spam that and hold lock on with left hand and jerk left stic in all directions, easy sss rank

No. You suck.

No. I have fun with him. Especially on SoS and DMD. His style meter is lenient though. I suggest only Shadow only affects style. Nightmare only can while in Promotion. Griffon and Nightmare without promotion just holds it. Enemy AI should target V more, even in DH and give melee units while on DT telegraphed ranged attacks.

I wouldn't say it sucked, but definitely a low point.

Why would I admit to something that's not true? V is fun as fuck to play with once you understand how to handle him.

Not enough mechanics and moves.

I wouldn't say he sucks but I don't really enjoy playing as him.

No, because he's fun

If anything, his summons need more moves, but I still love his missions. Good bosses, too, with Nidhogg and Elder Geryon

100% this. I realize that Dante and Nero have building blocks from years of progress, but V is missing just a little something from his kit to put him on their level. Otherwise I think he's pretty enjoyable, and I'm honestly impressed a character like Zato-1 works this well in 3D.

Attached: 1550265501954.jpg (699x393, 39K)

V was a mistake. His bossfights are the least fun thing in the series. Worse than DMC2.

he doesn't work well. controling Shadow's movement is literally impossible.

t.plebe, the only bad V mission is mission 14.

Literally everything about V is stupid. His origin is bullshit and makes no sense. His character design makes no sense for what he's supposed to be, and has retarded edgylord The Crow fanboy from early 2000's aesthetic and personality, and his mechanics feel totally broken and untested - you just mash square and triangle and everything turns white, then you circle and clean everything up like a janitor with a broom and dust pan, boring as fuck.

Even his mouth bothers me. And in the end he turns out to be pointless for the ongoing story after 5. V shouldn't fucking exist.

Shadow goes to your lock-on target on his own, but if you dodge then he cancels his attacks and goes to where you are, and has to walk back. Same for Griffon. Conveniently, this is also how you keep them out of harms way.

>alternate between mashing and holding square and triangle at the same time while reading poems, when DT guage is full press L1
>Easy S+ ranking every fight

Wow, that was hard to figure out.

It's also why you don't want to stay too far away from whatever you're locked on to, because the further away you are, the further Shadow has to travel to get back in melee range.

>now that the unoriginal thread template has settled.

God this board sucks.

>can't make a puppet character feel fun in a character action game
lolno

Attached: The_Wonderful_101_Combo_Video_3_[YT-f43][TqRqHM7RhyU].dur.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

>I'm honestly impressed a character like Zato-1 works this well in 3D
They could just steal some things from his kit and from Melty Blood symbiote character. Probably style switching for Shadow to turn him into different animals, more large summons (imagine sharks, elephants, rhinos or even dragon), ground mobility move in the battle.

I feel like the issue is how disconnected Nightmare, Shadow and Griffon feel. You basically just spam through every possible attack button to watch pretty explosions in the distance. It would have been better if you can only use one of them at once and have a dedicated button to quickly switch between them. So say you juggle an enemy into the air with shadow, you can continue comboing them with shadow or you can switch to another familiar and start a different combo. Right now you might as well just spam unrelated attacks at the target regardless of which combo you started.

>So say you juggle an enemy into the air with shadow, you can continue comboing them with shadow
you can do combos like launching enemy with a bird and following up with shadow spikes from below

I know. But those combos feel super basic since they designed them around the fact that you have to control 2 familiars simultaneously.

and forcing the player to babysit each familiar will improve this how?

>Pikmin button masher
>Good puppet character

Absolutely.

He is definitely the worst of the 3. I never look forward to playing as him.

Yes you can, by porting mechanics from fighting games just like dmc always has

The issue with V is that the summons arent responsive in the way they would need to be and his playstyle is more like a reactive charge character rather than a setup/puppetmaster

In order of how much I enjoy playing as them in 5

Nero>V>Dante

Nero feels great like the game is balanced around his mechanics. V feels like you're playing as a boss character he feels overpowered but you have to constabtly guard a glaring weakpoint which still makes it fun. Dante feels like you're playing as the final boss and there is nothing anyone can even do at this point to stop him.

I'd wish he sucks my cock desu.

it has more depth than say DMC3/4

apart from controlling your main character and doing all your regular launchers, stingers you can send out up to 4 teams out doing the same at any moment

Attached: dur A_Wonderful_101_Combo_Video-[YT-f43][alBdlMRQEbM].webm (640x360, 2.82M)

>more than DMC3
Arguably
>more than DMC4
Get your head out of your ass.

No, his playstyle was unique. I'd rather play a V level than any walking and climbing section in the new God of War.

you can give each familiar a more complex moveset. Instead of managing the button inputs for 2 mediocre familiars simultaneously you can manage it for 2 amazing familiars one at a time.

>Infinite juggle button smash simulator
>Good

this thread "template" has been around for like four years

>mfw picked up on him instantly and get SS or better every encounter

Attached: V_devil_may_cry.jpg (1920x1080, 437K)

> Get your head out of your ass.
if definitely has more moves than DMC4 simply of combinations of all possible moves from 5 groups -- main hero + 4 groups.

I liked him (kind of) on my first playthrough, but I'm struggling to enjoy him on the higher difficulties

it's the exact opposite for me, it gets boring when it takes years to kill an enemy

yeah, so posting it should give you an autoban

Only people who dislike him are combo autists from 4.

If I'd compare him to anything, I'd say that V is like DMC 4 Nero. He's got a framework of something good, but Nero honestly didn't feel like a complete character until DMC5 gave him the Devil Breakers. V needs his own Devil Breaker. What that would look like, I have no idea. Probably do something with the D-pad though, since that's left unused.

Playing him kinda reminded me about TWEWY

case in point.

>Playing as Nero
Hope you like holding down three buttons at all times and mashing EX
>Playing as Dante
Hope you like autistically shuffling through weapons and styles
>Playing as V
"And into my garden stole, when the night ha-" Excuse me guys, can you keep it down over there, I'm trying to read.

You can S rank with dante using only DSD

No

I actually like playing as him once I realised you shouldn't stay locked on while using him, even though it feels like you should. Mainn issue is how unresponsive Griffon and Shadow can be at times.

>Hope you like autistically shuffling through weapons and styles
What's not to like? You don't even like playing DMC so why even bother coming here

I think V will grow on people with time. Just wait until people figure out how to do cool shit with him.

It doesn't suck, but he's far less interesting and fun than either Dante or Nero.

He doesn't have a lot at his disposal, so he's pretty limited.

I'm disappointed that the first SSS I ever got while playing a DMC game was while I was playing as him, it didn't feel like I earned it at all.

This. Most of his move list is upgraded versions of existing moves.

I was enjoying my second playthrough using Nero's new abilities, and I immediately stopped and haven't returned when I got to V's missions.

It's pretty easy to SSS with him compared to Dante or Nero

Nero is the only hard one to SSS off of when you start, Dante can just switch to Balrog.

He's hard as fuck on Dante Must Die
Nidhogg pushed my shit in because I refused to use gold orbs and there's no way to heal in that fight (V's DT doesnt restore HP)

You insulted him a little

I really like that Vergil's human side is an edgy cowardly nerd

He's not cowardly, he can't afford to pick big fights like gilgamesh given his vulnerable state

id say that was the best one actually

No, he's great. I want a summoner class in dogma 2 that's just like him.

Wonderful 101 has nothing to do with puppets though? It's a standard character action game with a weird way of changing weapons, they play closer to Dante than V.

no

>It's a standard character action game with a weird way of changing weapons, they play closer to Dante than V.
it's that + you can create separate groups of people doing indepedant things, see webms where player sends out several launchers, boomerangs and so on out while doing something else himself

SAVIOR
BLOODSTAIN
HELLFIRE
SHADOW
HEAVEN ON A LANDSLIDE

Fuck off, he's a really unique and fun characters. The only bad things about him is that he could use some more moves and getting style rankings is really easy

He's not really cowardly, he's just weak as fuck due to having only the smallest amount of demonic power. Some of his taunts and lines during combat have him saying how he has to keep going, which isn't exactly something I'd picture a coward doing.

BROTHERS IN THE DARK
FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE

Attached: 1551930861241.png (1244x800, 491K)

>can both Bringer Knuckle and EX-ACT for every single hit
This shit is crazy