Why haven't you made your own game and become successful? You're not just an "ideas guy," are you?

Why haven't you made your own game and become successful? You're not just an "ideas guy," are you?

Attached: TobyFox[1].png (378x320, 306K)

>You're not just an "ideas guy," are you?
Yes i am

Let's be real. Undertale is shit and he was just at the right place at the right time.

I'm no foxfag but what he did was pretty smart. He got deep into the homestuck fandom, learned what made it tick, then made his own game and used homestuck's massive audience to propel his game into the stratosphere. He's a marketing genius who made himself a millionaire when Hussie could barely make bank off that leigon of austists and their trollsonas.

well obviously i am NOT an ideas guy im a billionaire and im going to make the greates bideo game known to man and its going to bw splendid trust me fella

>popular bad
Neck yourself retard.

>You're not just an "ideas guy," are you?

no
i dont even have any ideas

NPC

Idea guy can't make music.
t.idea guy

I am making a game but I fear no one will play it despite it being a free WebGL browser game.

>if you disagree with me you lack an inner monologue
go back there

To be fair he did had a big audience coming from his time with homestuck. Also he appeal to Fur fags so that's a huge market in it self. He also did a duo interview with that Moon Nigga that made Neir or whatever. He is going fucking places and making hella money

Attached: 1551999239963.png (540x406, 253K)

So what the deal with Homestuck? Why do people like it? What niches does it strike? I tried it but I just closed it after couple choices and never had the energy to revisit.

Everyone has ideas.
If you hire a music or code or whatever guy you also get an idea guy.

Pure idea guys are literally worthless.
Go get a job at mcdonalds you dum.

>people here unironically think they have good ideas
>the average v poster would make a game about protecting their virginity or a cuckold game
Lmao lads

>persuading people to make more asset flips in Steam

Did you know about the whole conception of Gainax and the Evangelion IP holders? It was one idea guy with nothing to contribute, but he put a team together and got rich.

I did but I capped out at around 6k in profit and than got embarrassed about what I made because I felt like it was shit and than my audience faded away and now I cry myself to sleep

Attached: that sucks.png (650x517, 378K)

What game did shroud make?

I started programming and 3D modelling at 14 then realized game dev is a shit industry and went into physics instead.

He had money and management skills. Not exactly what I'd call an idea guy.

I have zero drive to do anything except going to work, getting back home to jerk off and sleep. Only way I even can muster the energy play videogames is alcohol, which I abuse almost daily.

While wasted I actually once downloaded Unity and finished one tutorial. It was actually lot easier than I thought, but never touched it again and that was eight months ago. Actually doing the development is just too much compared to lying in bed and daydreaming about it.

He had a bunch of friends help him didn't he?

Reminder that Toby said nigger.

Idea guys are the worst poison a dev-team can get.
It is no coincidence best game ideas come from people with knowledge of at least one concretic aspect of the craft. The more things you know(as in coding, art, writing, etc) the better idea you have of what can be done and the more things you can play around with during production to find what makes the game work, experiment with can make it better, and improve it as a GAME.
They can navigate the process and explore and push the limits of their ideas to forge them into great games.

Idea guys are clueless about everything that goes into making games, they do not understand games, they do not know what makes them tick or how to tweak them.
They are lost in the desert with no map to their goal.
"Hey! Let's go to Japan!"
"Okay, how do we get there?"
"I don't know YOU figure it out, I'm the one that got the idea"

Ideas guys are all useless failu-

Attached: miyamoto.jpg (214x317, 9K)

Working hard right now in pre-production, on creating something genuinely unique. If I were to create a standard and generic 2D platformer or 3D collect-a-thon, I would already be more than halfway done. I'm not here for the quick buck.

Rather actually trying to create something memorable and well thought out, maybe something the player won't or can't expect. Have jumped through many different ideas, though I have not yet decided "the one" yet. I'm generally thankful for this however. I feel I'm constantly learning more and more through each failed pitch/attempt.

Maybe somewhere down the line, in 7-10 years, I'll finish this passion project. Friendly reminder to myself and other anons: make something you actually want to play yourself. If you're in this purely for the money, you'll end up as extremely miserable. Good luck anons.

Attached: 24c1b4eb78fbd3b08a6b79ea351c9e7f--manga.jpg (225x350, 13K)

doesnt matter if you are literally non human

You should do some studying, Miyamoto had a fuckload of development know-how back when he was tasked to recreate older video game cabinets into Donkey Kong arcade machines.

Fun fact, once you make something "you want to play yourself" you'll never be able to actually enjoy it

Creators burden is a bitch

Swapping arcade boards is a lot easier than you think it is.

Undertale is good and I went into it with a bad attitude expecting to hate it