Why is it so easy? what happened?

why is it so easy? what happened?
ceberus took me like 5 tries my first time around

Attached: dawd213412r341dsdad131.jpg (380x537, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

devilmaycry.fandom.com/wiki/Cerberus
youtu.be/lcvw1E0Mcac
youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he plays human difficulty

>Why is easy so easy!
t. games jounalists.

>easy
>took five tries on human/DH mode
BASED CERB IS STILL THE CASUAL FILTER

>this is so easy haha
>I died five times by the way

Attached: 130719130758.jpg (425x412, 20K)

im playing on devil hunter, if i could increase the difficulty i would what the fuck is wrong with you

>why is the game so easy
>loses five times on easy mode

>he thinks cerberus is a dmc 5 boss
please go back

Yes, King Cerberus is a DMC 5 boss, redditor.

if you played dmc3 when it came out you probably died 10 times at least.

>5 times
I died 12 times on my entire first playthrough lmfao you suck even more than me

Finish them game to unlock more difficulties.

devilmaycry.fandom.com/wiki/Cerberus
oh i said KING cerberus? holy fuck i didnt see that
i was obviously comparing dmc 5 to 3, are you seriously this fucking retarded

>Buys red orbs to get revived

>playing on what is normal
>still dies five times
>gosh why is normal so easy
T. Games Jounalist EXBrainlet: Special Edition.

I've been breezing through the game with absolute ease all the way until the Dante vs Vergil fight. I can get him to summon his dopple ganger but once that happens they cover each other so well.

well i will im talking about my first playthrough, its surprising how easy it is
i havent died even once and im playing at the highest difficulty level you can in a first playthrough holy fucking shit when did this board turn into defenders of easy games what the fuck

It's not my fault you structure your sentences like a toddler.

>Artemis kicks my fucking teeth in first time around
>decide to try again around chapter 10
>still fucking destroys me

What's the trick besides using Gerbera?

its not my fault you cant read my dude

He's clearly talking about DMC3 you retards.

>cerberus took me 5 tries
>haven't died once
what now

nothing, now you learn to read, and get dmc hd edition, play 20 minutes of the first game, and come back to this thread

3rd game* holy shit my brain cells are literally dying, but im glad to introduce new fans to the series

you've got btfo, shut the fuck up already

Attached: 1547562090840.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

You don't have an opinion. You're either a zoomer or a nu-male, so your brain literally doesn't even work.
You are an entirely insecure loser who has been taunted into perservering through truly garbage souls games under the guise that the games weren't actually bad, but instead (You) were, and that you just needed to "git gud".

If you want a harder challenge out of DMC5 then feel free to stop progressing, replay the prologue and kill urizen to unlock the next difficulty without the rollover abilities from beating the end of the game. That'll fuck you up real good nigger, of getting assfucked is what you're looking for.

You're basing the difficulty of a game in a genre that has both mechanical and encounter changes between modes on the first difficulties available to you. Not dying should be expected on those modes because you aren't playing on the hard mode. Its almost like they made a HARDER MODE for people looking to play the game on HARD. Wooooooowww the beginning modes that were literally made to be played by the average joe is not very hard? WHO WOULDVE EVER THOUGHT.

Are you the sort of person who stops playing a game because mentor wasn't as hard as master ninja? Or 2nd climax wasn't as hard as nonstop infinite?

>youre a zoomer now if you think a game is easy
no im saying the game the first time around, before the new modes is easier than dmc 3
i am really sorry this got you so mad
but then again i dont expect you two to have played the previous games, so you probably have no fucking idea what im talking about

Okay, I misunderstood your original post as saying you died 5 times to king cerberus. I get you now.
I agree that 5 is an easy game, at least on first playthrough.

yeah thats alright dude, at least youre not sperging out like the other retard in this post lol

I mean, I only died once to Virgil through the whole playthrough, so I guess that the game isn'T really that easy for you

>I'm clearly calling you a retard for offering a nothing insight about a mode made for casuals
>'w-wow stop being mad'
T.Brainlet Dante must derp mode: master edition. Complain when you compard DMD of 5 to DMD of 4 (because 3's was awful), then we can have something to talk about. I can't believe you are this retarded.

I agree with you. Start a new game on human, beat urizen in the prologue and you'll immediately unlock sons of sparda. Clear that without any starting abilities if you want more of a challenge.

Cerberus' difficulty is overhyped. The only difficult bosses in DMC3 are the Vergil fights.

i literally said my first time around, you do realize we are talking about the difficulty on your FIRST TIME AROUND right? why do you ignore words, my dude? youre endlessly retarded and im done with you
i didnt know that was a thing, i will do that, thanks
i didnt even know that was a thing, feels bad i got him to almost half hp
yeah but im really talking about your first playthrough, after i beat him once it wasnt too difficult to beat him on harder modes

>yeah but im really talking about your first playthrough
So was I.

>my first playthrough on the casual mode didn't offer me a challenge guys! Its almost like theres a future mode made to challenge people who want to go further in the game but I'm too retarded to understand this so I'll continue to complain that the beginner modes weren't the dark souls of gaming.
Zoomers are funny.

Attached: 1349954017333.jpg (272x333, 41K)

>w-why is this game so easy when i'm playing on the easy modes and haven't unlocked the harder difficulties yet???

Attached: 1513586322622.png (645x773, 71K)

>acting like a harder mode than devil hunter being available at the start would be a bad thing
is this the same board that says "git gud" all the time?

the better question is why is devil hunter the hardest starting difficulty when it can put you to sleep?

I don't know why you fags get so defensive, it's a legitimate complaint.

holy fucking shit thank you

Thats an entirely different conversation (even though unlocking modes is a genre staple and you'd think given its so easy you could just get through the game faster. I mean seriously it only took me 8 hours to beat it on devil hunter first playthrough). We're talking about how silly it is acting like its some travesty that a mode literally made for beginning players isn't challenging. Next you'll complain that the sky is blue.

its the conversation the post was literally about, its your fault for not understanding it
"why is this so easy, cerberus took me 5 tries my FIRST TIME AROUND"
now, ignoring the fact that you forgot cerberus is a boss in dmc 3, or fuck maybe you didnt even play it
how the fuck do you ignore me stating a dozen times that im talking about the first playthrough?
normal should be for casuals, devil hunter should at least offer some challenge, what do you disagree with here? or are you just purposefully trying to act retarded?

Maybe you’re just more experienced in the genre so what used to take you multiple deaths to complete normal in dmc3 now takes a higher difficulty to challenge you again. The problem is that the starting modes aren’t enough of a challenge anymore because you’ve played enough dmc games to where you’re used to dmd mode.
But like someone said you can unlock the dmd early on to fix that problem for you

>was doing fine until Vergil
>Can't win without using gold orb
>Fucked up the credit scenes
Man I sucked at action game
Any tips on how to get gud?

So you're saying you have to sink 8 hours (really you're being generous, it's more like double that even if you're getting S rank speed clears on every mission) into a game on easy mode before you can start to enjoy it. Luckily the game actually gives you a solution since you can clear it by beating urizen in the prologue, but most people don't know that. And while that should have been the answer from the start, instead what's actually silly is a bunch of retards dog piling on someone for complaining that the game is too easy and they want a harder starting difficulty. That's just fucking stupid. Christ. People get so defensive over the stupidest shit.

yeah its what i plan to do when i get home, its a bit of a secret
i just think that they shoudlve made normal for casuals, devil hunter should not be this easy
do people find it hard? if they do maybe im in the minority, but i really dont think this was a way to go
also im not sure if the revive system is a good idea, id rather they stick with the green orbs thing, its a good thing its optional
do the bosses get healed as well if you use them?

>died 5 times to cerberus in dmc3
I own both dmc 3 and special edition on ps2, cerberus is not a hard boss, its almost like if you can dodge roll or just use trickster you can beat the boss on the first try, which I did.
>now, ignoring the fact that you forgot cerberus is a boss in dmc 3, or fuck maybe you didnt even play it
how the fuck do you ignore me stating a dozen times that im talking about the first playthrough?
normal should be for casuals, devil hunter should at least offer some challenge, what do you disagree with here? or are you just purposefully trying to act retarded?
You are retarded, it literally says in the description that human is for people that know absolutely know nothing about vidya and devil hunter is for people who know what they are doing. Which makes devil hunter normal, the base, the first runthrough in a game which is never hard. Its almost like there are HARDER MODES MEANT TO BE UNLOCKED TO PROVIDE YOU CHALLENGE. You are complaining that the easier modes are easy, and thats the FUCKING REASON those modes exist. TO BE EASY AND INTRODUCE PEOPLE INTO THE GAME SO THEY CAN GO ON TO HARDER MODES WHICH WILL ACTUALLY TEST THEIR MECHANICS. You are the dumbest person I have ever seen on Yea Forums today, congratulations.

Default difficulties have always been just tutorial for next ones in DMC

no, I've been seeing lots of complaints about devil hunter being too easy

>devil hunter is for people who know what they are doing
>its a normal mode
do you know realize how retarded you sound?
also im not gonna repeat what this guy said, please stop sperging out and read what people are saying
>>>

Probably the same reason why bayo 1 doesn't have a dodge offset tutorial: devs are scared to turn players off with hard stuff.

yes, i agree, and this tutorial is too easy, it wasnt like this in the previous games

The game is still in its initial stages of people with sunken cost fallacy and kikes defending it.

When the dust settles people will be more coherent in discussion and mostly talk about this as preventing it from being a good game in the end. It's way too easy even on top difficulties, and the story is weak as hell.

>That room with 4 lizards and a goat wizard in it on DMD in mission 3
how the fuck do I beat this shit, it's literally harder than Vergil

I never finished DMC3 because I was bad, and because of the whole difficulty setting shennanigan they created by accident.

Remind me, Dante's styles, were they something you changed on the fly or did you pick a style before each mission? I vaguely remember you choosing one style before each level.

I was thinking about buying the DMC HD collection after I finished V to finally beat DMC3.

>5 tries
How much did you want?

do it dude, its a good game
so its a problem then, and having a secret hard mode doesnt solve this shit
introducing players to dmc like this isnt really doing a service to the series
i dont hate it if anything i like it so far, i dont know if its because i am playing a new dmc game
we'll see, ill beat the first boss to unlock the higher difficulty, it has to be fun bois...

Are you zoomers this naive that you've never played a game in this genre before? This is this is the staple of DMC1,3,4,5, Ninja Gaiden 1,2,3, Bayo1 and 2 and finally MGR, and . These games are built around combat mastery and the modes are made to ween you into the ultimate difficulty. You are complaining about a staple of the genre that has existed since day one and the only thing you can glean from that is that the normal mode didn't offer you challenge? Who would've every guessed? The point of these modes is to introduce you into the mechanical differences of the game, these games are not long at all, especially if you're good at them.

If you lack the attention span to go through one playthrough I don't know what to tell your add ass. Jesus christ.

>and having a secret hard mode doesnt solve this shit
I think it does. But I agree otherwise, it does a disservice to make the game this easy from the start.

Samefag.

if it's easy why did you die to king cerberus 5 times?

Your memory serves you well. Dante's style switching was introduced in 4.

why are you acting like devil hunter in this game comes even close to starting modes in the games you listed (the harder starting difficulties)
>attention spam, le zoomers
dude youre getting defensive over someone wanting a harder difficulty at the begging, what the fuck are you even saying
kill yourself

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (382x97, 4K)

(you)

Attached: file.png (917x453, 64K)

Yeah, see, the problem is that the games for a beginner used to be somewhat challenging at the start and then just continued to get more challenging. The user used dmc3 cerberus as an example of a retard filter, which it is. This game on the other hand is just too easy on devil hunter even for beginners, and for players experienced with 4, it is relentlessly boring because skill in 4 carries over almost 1:1. Normal enemies die in about 3 hits for the first half of the game if you're landing exceeds. It just isn't fun.

Gerbera and chaining your hook. Make sure you shoot the floating drone things for easy re-engages when she flys to the other side of the room. I like cancelling Neros downward dash slash from airborne with gerbera. You can spend most of that fight airborne.

>it gets good 50 hours in!
yeah, nah

3 had a good beginner difficulty to it
4 was a bit easier but still acceptable
5 is really, really easy

they needed to tune the difficulty up across the board

You were 7 when DMC3 released and you didn’t understand the mechanics off the bat as well as you do with DMC5

i played 4 when i was 14
i played 3 when i was 16
i replayed both last year to prepare for 5

If you deserved a harder difficulty from the get go you'd have it unlocked in the first 10 minutes

Devil Hunter is just a tutorial/story mode cruise

Because you're a dumbass who doesn't understand the genre or games as a whole. These games share the same ancestry with arcade games meant for multiple playthroughs like contra or more importantly schmups. Capcom is still a company that wants to make money, they want the largest amount of people playing this game. These are not dark souls where the reaction skill ceiling is extremely low and you can just mash triangle through most shit. Go look at the statistics of how many people actually finish games and how many people simply drop it, thats why they implemented elder game modes to provide the challenge for people who want it. Thats why it doesn't matter how good ninja dog or devil hunter mode is, what matters is how much DMD stacks up to DMD. They want a larger audience playing this game and thus they lowered the difficulty in the normal mode. Which is fine because these games are short and it shouldn't take you very long to get through them these are not 20+ hour games (well maybe if you actually had trouble on dmc3 cerberus.) You can complain all you want about the beginning not being difficult but this problem is generally circumvented by player skill. Nobody in their right might would judge the difficulty of a game based on normal, they're going to go for the mode that's actually made to test the player: DMD, MNM, REVENGENCE, NSIC, JUST, etc

you complain that the beginning mode is easy? my response is why haven't you breezed through it yet then to get to where the big boys are playing? Why are you that bad at the game?

>implying anyone would know this off the bat
>implying devil hunter should be a story mode cruise

>it takes this user 50 hours to get to dmd
uhhh user...

>game presents you with a boss
>you didn't defeat the boss because yer bad enjoy normal mode
>good player defeats boss, enjoy hard mode
whoa..

dude youre writing the same essay over and over again
bayonettas and dmc 3 hard mode are not as easy as this one is
my suggestion makes the game better right of the bat with allowing 1 more difficulty mode
your suggestions make people who are bad at the game to have a good time and drop it anyways because they are not interested in a challenge, and people who are good at the game to suffer because they are playing an 8 hour tutorial

for the 10th time, stop tying, read what people are saying
stop trying to casualize everything, and who the fuck in their right mind advocates for an 8 hour tutorial

Cerberus took you 5 tries because you didn't know what you were doing.

It's like a lot of people who bitched that "DS3 was too easy" but in fact it was just them sucking ass at DS1 that made it seem harder.
Meanwhole many of those who started with DS3 say it's fucking brutal.

maybe if they gave any indication that you could actually win you would have a point, but even someone proficient at the game is going to take about an hour of attempts at that shit on human if they don't have any upgrades and they've never beaten him like that before, and if you die the mission just ends so you have to keep reloading checkpoint when you think you're going to die

that's why it gives a meme ending, because you're not supposed to do it, it's a fucking easter egg

Cerberus was a casual filter while you had extremely limited moveset in the beginning of the game.
Not to mention you already have experience with 3.

I only died once as that was to Vergil. The game was a bit on the easy side compared to 1 and 3.

Not that that bothers me though

If it's that easy for you and you can't stand playing through the game like this go beat urizen in the prologue to instantly unlock the next difficulty

>beat the previous games on the hardest diff., sunk 30 hours into it, feelsgoodman
>die once to a boss designed to be so hard, that you get rewarded a hard mode for beating it
>lol you play this tutorial, see you in 9 hours

DS2 and DS3 got endlessly ribbed for rehashes. DMC5 final boss is literally a rehash of DMC3 final boss fought twice with different character build.
- Geryon literal rehash
- Cerberus literal rehash
- Cavaliere is Credo rehash
Literally all the memorable bosses are rehashes, the ones that are not are forgettable and gimmicky, like Gilgamesh and Urizen, who is also rehashed within the game literally as end bosses for 4 missions.

Shameless, really

Attached: images.jpg (320x157, 5K)

>my suggestion makes the game better right of the bat with allowing 1 more difficulty mode
The problem with your suggestion is there will be a lot of bad players who think they are hot shit, pick the hardest difficulty, get their ass kicked and proceed to complain that it's the game's fault and the game is bad.

You're not reading any of the points because you're a brainlet. If you were good at the game to begin with you would've beat urizen and gone straight to son of sparda mode. but you didn't and now you're complaining that the normal mode made for casuals is easy. The only thing casual here is your own lack of skill in beating the game, one again come back when you're on DMD mode.

>Cerberus literal rehash
Except in 3 he was completely static with one charge attack.

and instead of they restarting the game, now picking an easier difficulty, i should play an 8 hour tutorial
you are literally arguing for casuals dude, and youre calling me a zoomer, holy shit
>lol bro you didnt find an easter egg, i guess youre a casual!

>claims to be badass gamer who don't need no tutorial
>can't beat boss
Sounds like you need to beat Devil Hunter first and buy some upgrades and learn the game

WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD TO ACT OR MAX-ACT NOW
I CANT DO EITHER NO MATTER WHAT
FUUUUUCK

Attached: luminesce.png (324x607, 200K)

>game tested you on mechanics, you failed, have to go through normal difficulty now.
wewlad

Attached: 1346781882411.jpg (184x184, 6K)

In 5 he stays in the middle, the only difference is that you can slash his butt in this one. He doesn't chase you around to the edge of the area, given he has plenty of AOEs

see and

I didn't call you anything, different guy here.

>you are literally arguing for casuals dude
Pretty much, yes, because I assume that's what the publisher is thinking.

You're probably used to turbo timing, ACTs are a lot easier in this game.

nice fucking meme dude

I put exceed on R2, I'm just pressing Y+R2 every time, and some of the hits come out on fire.

>there will be a lot of bad players who think they are hot shit, pick the hardest difficulty, get their ass kicked and proceed to complain that it's the game's fault and the game is bad.

That's their problem and not anyone elses. God Hand didn't do this pussy hand holding shit and it was a better game for it. It even went out of its way to insult you for picking the lower difficulty, and it could still be hard as balls on normal if you preformed well.

No, I beat him without upgrades, but I definitely wouldn't put the expectation on anyone to beat him first try, no upgrades. Not even on human. And especially not when they haven't even touched the game yet, even if they're experienced with 4. You have to willfully and intentionally grind the prologue. Again, it's a fucking easter egg.

You sound like you think you're hot shit. Lets a video of your clear on DH without upgrades or arm.

This is my first DMC game. I’m not finding it easy. I don’t really understand how dodging works. Table hopper window seems super tight, and only being able to dodge in two directions really fucks me up.

>facts are memes now
spoken like a true shitter, see you at dmd.

I'm not the one claiming to be the elite gamer here bud.

They feel way easier in this one, I'm guessing its because of the DT version you get after beating the game once.

Keep in mind jumping also has invincibility frames on it at the very start of the animation.

Guess I just gotta git fucking gud.

Your first playthrough is the Tutorial, even on Devil Hunter. You shouldn't really struggle but the skill gap between mission 1 and 20 should be big. Then starting on SOS is the real first playthrough.

sorry dude the guy is posting 20 essays a minute
i understand what they are thinking, and i disagree with that
Im pretty sure i should just go ahead and leave right now because people are now claiming not knowing an easteregg exists means youre a casual
neither am i, i will beat him tonight
nobody actually believes that you think people should've killed him on their first try lol

ITT: The introduction mode mean to wean players on the game mechanics isn't a satisfactory challenge for me megabadass #234342. I have played all of the previous games and its not that I've gotten better, the game is just casualized because the normal mode is not hard. Now there was a way for me to skip normal mode but I didn't do that, I decided instead to complain instead of beating the challenge presented to me by the game. You know I'm really looking for challenge and the best way to get challenge is to ignore challenges.

You are, since you're arguing that someone is bad because they didn't beat urizen first try in the prologue, as if that's a normal occurrence or should be an expectation of literally anyone the first time they touch the game.

>play on normal
>complain that game is too easy
Yea Forums really is retarded. "Normal" in DMC3 wasn't normal btw.

>"Normal" in DMC3 wasn't normal btw.
Yes it was. You're holding 5 to a completely different standard for whatever retarded reason.

im gonna remember this thread next time someone argues for an easy mode in dark souls
i forgot how tryhard contrarian this fucking board is

Normal in DMC3 was actually the Hard difficulty. They fixed it for the special edition.

ITT: people reading the first sentence of someones post and deciding to respond to that
(as soon as someone told me i could get sos by beating him i said i would do it)
also ITT: people claiming to know what the dmc series is about, while now knowing cerberus was a boss in the 3rd game

Normal in the special edition was still much more challenging than this is. The special edition didn't change all that much.

ITT: I lost on an easy boss in dmc3 and now I will complain about easy mode being easy. Because I'm a brainlet.

Fucking newfags

>now there was a way for me to skip normal mode
god fobid someone doesn't know about an easter egg literal meme ending

If Normal was Hard, was Hard and DMD even harder? Or was it a bug, and Hard was just the same?

YOU are the one saying that.

In fact, look at what you just implied, that losing to Urizen, a very tough boss but beatable by skilled veterans, is NORMAL and an expectation of literally anyone the first time they touch the game. Which is why if you lose to him you just continue playing on normal mode and gradually learn the game.

This isn't hard (heh) to understand.

normal was normal

the game was just more challenging in general, so much so that they toned it down in the special edition

wrong, the difficulties were shifted. the ntsc version's normal was everyone else's hard. the ntsc hard didn't exist in any other version, until the se release, where it was called very hard.

NA Hard was unique, it later became VH in SE.

Makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

I said that it isn't a normal expectation to beat him or even know that you can beat him while you shitposted trash about deserving baby difficulty for babies for losing to him first try
>If you deserved a harder difficulty from the get go you'd have it unlocked in the first 10 minutes

No one, no one at all is going to clear that fucker in the first 10 minutes of attempts on DH without arms or upgrades. Urizen without upgrades is a hard as fuck clear even on human. All I'm saying is that if someone doesn't know about it, there is no chance in hell they're going to get it, so you can't hold it over someone's head and use it as a metric for whether or not they should be allowed to play SOS right off the bat. It's totally flawed reasoning and a totally flawed expectation, so I'm actually arguing the exact opposite of that. That's why anyone who thinks DH is too easy even for normal difficulty is well within their right to complain IF they never knew about the prologue skip. Because DH urizen clear without any upgrades or arms is legitimately a fucking farm. It will likely take you at least an hour the first time you do it.

>I'm not mad u are!

Not that user, why 3 was awful to you?, I wasn't having problems.

>have trouble with beserkers because they can break out of combos
>accidentally mash out unga dash when one wakes up
>unga armour not only stops you from being staggered but gives you style for getting hit
I know it's scrubby to get hit at all but it fits Nero's FUCK YOU attitude to a T

Attached: 200% perfect.png (497x732, 454K)

if i am not going to die to some boss at least 40 times I will say nuGow is better game, is dmcv still retarted as before for locking proper difficulty settings behind multiple playtroughs

You're the one calling people "bad" and "babies" for playing on normal, the difficulty 99% of the people are playing right now with no issue. Now that's a shitpost.

If you're really that bothered by it just use a trainer to unlock DMD. It's a single player game you know, have fun your way, it won't hurt anybody.

I didn't say anyone was bad for playing on DH you strawmanning fuck. I've never even used the words bad or badies to describe anyone. I said DH is very easy for normal difficutly, by regular DMC standards and I'm seeing the same sentiment echoed a lot so I know I'm not alone.

I'm not a cheater. I already got my SOS unlock and it's fine now. The problem is fuckerturds like you who spout stupid shit. I don't know what happened to this place, it used to be people relentlessly complained when games got easier and now it seems to be the exact opposite.

What kind of child do you have to be to think the world revolves around you and your own personal experiences?

Normal has always been like this, NTSC DMC3 aside.

Dodging in DMC has always been shit, it's why people jump instead and pretend everything is fine. If it's your first DMC game there's a good chance it's your first "what ever the fuck this genre is called" game too so there's that.

because its not a stiff and clunky PS2 game

this seems like the best place to ask, after playing dmcv i wanna play the rest, but i always see people talking negatively about 2, whys that? is it really that bad?

It is really bad dude

youtu.be/lcvw1E0Mcac

The project was in shambles and pretty much the whole game was made in 4 months

It's playable, it's just bad. At least it's piss easy so you can get through it just fine, you will just be bored.

OST is great though, much better than this fucking game.

youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac
skip it

play them in order, and if after half way through 4 you feel like the game has significantly gone downward in quality, you can just stop because it was heavily rushed and doesn't get any better

it is stiff and clunky though, you have to lock on to pull off the majority of your moves and then turn off lock to pull off the rest which are just as important in combat
there's no proper dodging except for trickster style, enemies just attack on a whim without much of a windup at which point you can either hope to hit a lucky parry, super armor through or detonate your breaker (only as nero)

thanks guys, i can handle clunky games, and i'd feel bad if i skipped it, at least i can get through it quickly, at least i know i have two games to look forward to.
anyone played the hd collection? is the pc port any good?

Yeah it's fine

alright, looks like i'll buy it

Devil Hunter mode is the tutorial. Literally. You get the final gameplay mechanic in the last mission.

>there's no proper dodging except for trickster style
???????????????????????????????????????????????

Attached: 27972576_1600406893368595_1616973054465670749_n.jpg (331x300, 12K)

DMC3 had fucked up difficulty levels outside of Japan normal mode was the japanese hard. It's not a fair comparison.

People tend to forget that outside of the Dante fight, DMC4 was also piss easy on DH.

Imagine trying to brag but just wind up admitting you're retarded

Cerberus is hard on DMD but DMD Vergil 3 is probably the hardest boss in the whole medium

it's kind of a shitty formula though

at least have hard unlocked at the start

DMC 5 is far easier than normal DMC3 or even 4, at least SOS and DMD make up for it.

Sure, but that's not what OP is complaining about. He's complaining about DMC5's DH difficulty not being as hard as DMC3's SoS equivalent.

People say that one button dodge in bayo is overpowered. People also say that having to press 3 buttons at once to roll sideways in dmc is stiff.

NTSC DMC3 was pretty fucking great though.

I’m happy about the prologue skip existing at least, but SOS in all of these games should be available from the beginning.

i beat Cerberus first try when i play 3 for the first time

I struggled to get good with any character because of the story jumping between them and it's kinda putting me off doing son of sparda, help.

3 handled DMD the worst out of all DMC titles, since the enemy DTs make everyone a bullet sponge. I'd say 1 still has the best DMD, haven't tried 5 DMD yet.

I died a ton on vergil even on devil hunter but then again i only bought like two blue orbs and one dt upgrade and was trying to royal guard basically everything he did

Attached: 1522998258518.gif (500x239, 187K)

There is a practice mode.

i get that but my little brain struggles to change play styles between them so i'd have to spend like 30 minutes in there before a character change just to remember how to play them well.

Everything is a sponge in 5 DMD as well.