This is Banjo. He will be your 3rd DLC character in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pass

This is Banjo. He will be your 3rd DLC character in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pass.

Say something nice about him.

Attached: 1536198931724.png (800x500, 816K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_HqBvv_cJd0
youtube.com/watch?v=qLXBfEa2GCI
youtube.com/watch?v=QLWLdO9GLWM
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/451047991/#451047991
youtube.com/watch?v=7Yh_RE0Xcx0
youtube.com/watch?v=GejiOQQazJo
gonintendo.com/stories/302660-sakurai-details-his-experience-of-playing-minecraft-on-the-switch
nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-shares-details-on-jokers-development-and-reveal-says-online-matchmaking-is-under-investigation
twitter.com/Ghoulyboy/status/1104793667674488832
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not a big fan of the series, but I'm always happy to see more characters in Smash. I hope his moveset is interesting.

Kazooie sexy bird

>A leaker yesterday said he'd also be the THIRD

wtf its real

Bro yo he in game

I haven't been around Yea Forums for awhile. Is this something new I missed?

if he's 3rd than who's 2nd

Erdrick

Are people still trying to convince themselves that Ertdrick is not just a forced promotional pick for a game no one cares about outside of Japan?

Can't wait to laugh at all the Stevefags. All their smug posts and constant mockery will be turned fully against them. It will be glorious.

Attached: 1550644037711.gif (385x279, 2.03M)

Edrick is most likely in and hopefully he would be more than just another anime swordsman

I have never seen anybody unironically love a Dragon Quest character. It's such a boring series.

SE has just a huge diverse cast of characters. And they settle on Erdrick. Huge waste really.

Why 3rd?

The only thing going for him is a few leakers with dodgy reliability at best. Brave could honestly be anyone. I'm not against Edrick, but everyone assuming he's in is just annoying. Odd for me to say that since im huge for Banjo-Kazooie getting in. I have my doubts, but they honestly have way more going for them than Edrick and certainly has way more than that Blockhead.

Attached: DxG1VRyUUAEmoRI.jpg large.jpg (683x2048, 183K)

He's iconic as fuck, his games were great, the duo will be great additions to smash

Attached: 53923228_822376754788467_7650384227980017664_n.jpg (418x385, 14K)

It could be redrick is just one pallet swap and the others are different characters from dragon quest

or the leakers just got dai In jumpforce confused with a dragon quest character in smash erdrick being the one they heard most

But I know nothing about dragon quest so I could be wrong

I cannot wait till banjo is confirmed to NOT be in Smash

All the Banjo games were overrated shit
RareWare's a bitch.
Sans and 2B is in.
Screencap this.

>2B
Already in SoulCaliber. Try again.

Attached: 1548856269624.png (500x331, 270K)

If Steve isn't in (he will be though), Stevefags will claim they were being ironic. Guaranteed

Banjo’s chances mostly rely on if they chose dlc with fan request in mind and with Nintendo choosing the dlc it’s less likely

My dad is Sakurai
Here is the confirmed list:
Sans
2B
Crash
Steve
Fortnite guy

If you even DARE call me wrong, my dad will ban you from playing Smash
Have a nice day!

Those fools will claim anything so long as they get to look like they are above it all. The people that actually want Steve are barely noticable where all the others are just shitposters who latched onto him because of Vergeben. If you were to actually advocate for Steve before then you'd be laughed out the thread.

I feel like the only picks not to get in due to Nintendo picking are niche ones, side characters and retros that haven't had games into the new millenium.

Out of everything people have been predicting the only character I don't see getting in I'd put money on is Mach rider

>STILL BELIEVING VERGEBEN

Considering that big fan requests like K.Rool, Ridley and Belmonts were the big reveals at E3, im fairly confident that fan demand is playing a role here. I didn't think Banjo would get in base roster, gotta make a deal with Microsoft so they can get a cut. Phil Spencer has been very vocal about wanting them in Smash brothers. There is no doubt that the Nintendo Execs would hear Phil out as they worked on this Xbox live partnership. Putting Banjo-Kazooie in Smash would be like a sign of good faith for both Phil, the fans, and sell like hotcakes since they have been fan demands since Melee.

Attached: Banjo.png (807x906, 432K)

I don't listen to dorks claiming they know anything.. I listen to my heart user

>STILL THINKING STEVE, A MORE WESTERN CHARACTER THEN BANJO, WHO BASICALLY IS AN INDIE CHARACTER, WILL GET IN

>Basically an Indie character.

Wow...so indie.

Attached: DywAARJXQAAWvMC.jpg large.jpg (1200x1200, 233K)

>No n64 mini
>No gamepass on switch
Fuck

Attached: Sad Banjo.jpg (800x450, 116K)

He means Steve is somewhat of an indie character

>Gamepass is coming to Switch
>Has fucking Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, along with Conker and Jet Force.

it's not bro... we were bamboozled again

Maybe. Sentence structure looked a bit weird. I still stand by my post though.

> Conker
Nintendo wasn't nothing to do with him anymore, Nips didn't even get Bad Fur Day.

I agree with this he definently has a chance I just don’t want to get my hope up too high so I don’t get disappointed if he doesn’t make it

while I believe it will happen since Microsoft has mentioned wanting to do this in the past, gamepass coming to switch isn’t set in stone

I prefer Steve to be honest

Absolutely based
Fuck Banjo niggers

>Nintendo pushed for Conker to extend the pissing scenes
>Miyamoto wanted the piss move in mutli player
It'll happen.

>Stevefags being this desperate and delusional.

Yea, I'm thinking hes based

Attached: Smash fans.png (682x2048, 1.9M)

You faggots can't meme to save your lives.

Attached: f035bf1cfb6588a1addfcbb1d2db0663.png (420x420, 401K)

>editing something to seem relevant.
B-BUH VERGEBEN SAID HIS SOURCE PLAYED MINECRAFT IN SMASH'S BASE GAME!

I prefer Banjo but I like Steve too and have no problems with his inclusion and I will enjoy the shitposting that happens afterwards

Give me the rundown on Steve fags
I just personally hate Banjo fags more than Steve shitposters

The only thing worse than banjo is banjofags desu. Get cancer

Fucking Agumon has a better chance then Steve.

reminder that stevefags are redditors

Attached: meme.png (627x103, 22K)

It's still nice to hope though. Its the one thing that separates us from the quitters and false-flaggers. Im taking this fight as the final stand with the Geno, Shante, and Issac fans since everyone loves to dump on them.

Attached: 1548379998003.png (640x1136, 1.07M)

>banjies calling others delusional and desperate
i'll just say this on your behalf, youch

Attached: what happens when you combine the banjo isaac and geno fanbases.jpg (5069x5267, 3.45M)

The original Stevefag thought when Vergeben was 'leaking' '''true''' leaks about Minecraft being in the base game and his source played it, some diaper fetish foot fag vore faggot made the 'le creepy steve' model. Complete with cock bigger then his body.
She/He (they're trans, post op.) then posted Steve 'le epicly pwning' Banjo by voring him, Geno by ass raping him, Isaac by dragging him away.
They usually sit on their discord and come flooding in when a Banjo/smash thread is on Yea Forums.

>Edrick is most likely in and hopefully he would be more than just another anime swordsman
You doubt Sakurai.
He literally made Joker's dagger as long as a shortsword

Verge 'New Zelda will have nothing to do with Link to the Past' Ben tell you to post that?

>ANYONE WHO WANTS BANJO IN IS A GRINCHFAG

Fuck off, I was one of the first to not believe it. Faggot.

Jesus fuck that's dengerate. But pretty much perfect for shitposting.
To be fair I've rarely seen them shitpost in general smash threads.
Thank you for the rundown

What the fuck I love stevechads now?

its not nice to throw your fellow grinchies under the bus user

Yeah, cute, Stevefag, now go tell your discord buddies to come visit.

Fuck the Grinch, Trust the Grouch.

Attached: Oscar.png (369x326, 163K)

banjo is in smash.

Where do I find them? I use to despise them but they kinda sound based from the sounds of it

The way I see it, Banjobros make good arguments as to why he works in smash bros. I'll admit we got a little to big for our breeches during the Grinch leak, but at least we keep faith. Even off Yea Forums I see Banjobros showing support for other characters. Lots of Genos, Issacs, Kroolbros and Ridleybros show support for the bear and bird where everyone shows utter contempt for Steve. Anyone Krool or Ridley fan that dumps on a Banjobro is a falseflagger.

Stevefags only prattle on about inconsequential shit like relevancy and game sales and can't articulate how to make that 'thing' work. Then again most of them don't really care or play smash so their trolling comes off as weak and annoying.

Attached: Soul Vs Soulless.jpg (480x360, 35K)

steve isn't in
hitagi said he was in since an august build, YET sakurai hadn't even started work on the dlc (besides plant) until after the game was finished
there's also the fact that hitagi and xenother said a SE character would be revealed at the game awards, which surprise surprise, didn't happen
Your dream is over, speculation is free to happen without leakfags plaguing threads

Attached: 102391.jpg (748x937, 188K)

>wants to join their actual furry diaper vore discord

Thats usually the best time to abandon thread when the trannies come flocking to a Banjo thread. I can bet you that a Steve thread will be thrown up within 6-8 hours in retaliation to a Banjo thread. Most Banjo threads are pretty wholesome until they show up to shit on it.

Its best to just throw up Pic related when they show up and laugh as they stumble over each other trying to disprove it.

Attached: Oink Oink Little Pigs..jpg (1280x720, 140K)

This is why i hate banjoFags
This Kingdom Hearts attitude.
That and I think the Banjo games are shit.

All that being said, fuck Stevefags.

Reminder that this is the average Stevefag, just a bunch of unfunny Discord boys.

youtube.com/watch?v=_HqBvv_cJd0

>banjo threads
>wholesome
this thread doesn't look very wholesome to me user

there's also the fact that the oh so refuted nip erdrick leak really does not make sense in terms of erdrick's height and brave's
for the nip leak, it states that erdrick would have luminary as an alt
unfortunately, brave is, of course, ness' size, which conflicts with the size of luminary, since even if we get chibi erdrick, luminary's size wouldn't match up

Honestly I’ve seen Steve fans give ideas for his move set but I’ve never seen a fully move set that isn’t a shitpost with vore and brapping as his moves

And even if they can the animations would be hard to do since he’s so stiff

Lol never happening

Stay delusional sword-goku fag

I like to feel optimistic.

Attached: abf.gif (230x357, 384K)

Holy shit, wrong link

youtube.com/watch?v=qLXBfEa2GCI

What is even more hilarious is that usually the haters would just throw up the Duck hunt excuse and laugh away. Considering that Bowser Jr was used as a base for Plant, it is very possible that Duck Hunt Dog is being used to become a base for Banjo-Kazooie. I know it's a stretch, but if it is true, the hilarity will be monstrous.

Attached: Wi7sWmK.png (1280x720, 615K)

The "irrelevancy" arguments for Banjo confuse me to no end. It's literally the whole "Too Big" argument Ridley went through. Specifically for that character, that term doesn't matter. Banjo is a well recognized part of Nintendo history, and we all know any new Banjo game announcement would be a huge hit ( so long as they don't do another Nuts and Bolts type of thing obviously). Let's not forget how well Yooka-Laylee did in the kickstarters BECAUSE it was a Banjo clone. For Banjo specifically, being "irrelevant" isn't an argument, because it's just plain not true. I wouldn't mind Steve being in the game, but all the obnoxious Steve posting makes me not want him in, and if anything, he'd be fine just as a Mii Swordfighter outfit.

I think the other video works just as well

>banjo is nothing like duck hunt!
>b-but if he gets added he would be a rebuilt duck hunt

Based, and do I say, redpilled, a toast to the death of Stevefags!

Attached: egg.png (680x680, 126K)

Like K.Rool would have been a clone of Bowser, right?

Attached: just a clone.png (838x315, 99K)

chad's don't call themselves chad's faggot

you sound like a faggot

naw because king k rool's whole shtick is that he's supposed to do things that heavies don't usually do, sorry sweetie but banjos whole dynamic is taken by duck hunt

He'd be a shitty character, but his moveset wouldn't be too hard to come up with
>Forward Smash: Pickaxe
>Up smash: Upward sword swipe
>Forward tilt: Sword Slash
>Down Smash: Downward pickaxe swipe
>Up Special: Elytra, flies upwards at a diagonal angle. Elytra breaks after certain distance
>Neutral Special: Bow and arrow, like Link's but much weaker and doesn't need to charge
>Side Special: Minecart, Steve sets down track depending on how long you charge, hops into the Minecraft and then speeds into enemies
>Down Special: TNT block, can be thrown
>Final Smash: There's a few different things that would work here, like temporary diamond armour and weapons, summoning the ender dragon or a nether portal that sucks in enemies
I'm too lazy to come up with more, but it's not that hard.

A lot of them miss the point as to why he doesn't work because they assume he works because Game and Watch exists. They fail to see how a fighter has to convey what they are doing to both the player using them and the player fighting against them. Steve in any way is impossible to show that, no matter how much you rejigger his model to bend his legs and arms.

Banjo works because all their moves from the games can be made into a viable moveset, complete with ways to show emotion and personality. Steve has none, and cannot show any at all.

Attached: DpcEFGSU8AAIrN2.jpg (1085x951, 136K)

Yeah, I love when DuckHunt Dog used the duck as a gun, firing out different types of eggs.

>ness main
>people actually main ness over lucas

This is also a good pic to throw at Stevie blunders, to remind them of the pecking order of Minecraft merchandising (that is, Steve literally being lower than dirt).

Nah, sweetie, K.Rool wouldn't be in Smash Ultimate cause he'd just be a Bowser Clone! ;)

lol forgot pic

Attached: 511PecgfrxL.jpg (500x500, 45K)

so you want duck hunt but with mario or luigi's neutral b

And Duck Hunt's gimmick is a walking reference to SNES games. By that logic Dr.Mario, is out. This includes all the Marth clones, Luigi, Isabelle, Dark Pit, Dark Samus, Lucas, Pichu, Falco, Wolf and Daisy since they all are either complete clones or have a lot of moves similar to the original fighter. The only thing similar between B-K and Duck is the concept of bird on Mammal and a few normals involving the bird pecking. By your logic, we can't have Little Mac because a bunch of other characters punch things, namely King K.Rool and his boxing glove Side smash. Looks like Incineroar and Ganon can't be in the roster because Bowser already has a command grab.

Go back to Gamefaqs, Wolfrules, go be a bitch there.

Attached: 902805.png (650x508, 287K)

Hey, much better then literally, square villager.

I've still yet to see anybody make a convincing case as for why Erdrick would be a good choice aside from Dragon Quest being big in Japan. The character just seems insanely boring to me in every way.

This statue is roughly $430 Bucks American. I dare anyone to find a piece of Steve merch that comes this close to it. Why would Microsoft make such a Statue if their franchise is so dead?

Attached: banjo-kazooie-statue.jpg (1152x648, 79K)

So would you say Piranha Plant is basically the same as Bowser Jr.?

Not to defend stevefags, but because they know you neckbeard redditfags will dish out top dollar for "muh nostalgia"

How many of you have played Banjo Kazooie? How many of you have played Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie?

I am willing to bet 90% of the people who post about Banjo or other charcters in Smash haven't even played their respective games. They are just bandwagoning because they are obsessed with Smash roster discussion, and nothing else.

Well with the game having so many anime swordfighters it’s understandable why people would think he’s in

also Totaku and Plush

Attached: totaku.png (648x508, 424K)

100% Both and replay them yearly.

If people didn't play their games, they probably wouldn't care so much and would rather argue for a character from a game they have played and enjoyed.

Should add, got them when they came out. Banjo Kazooie was my third/fourth N64 game.

I’ve played the first game on n64 and on xbox I beat that one and I’m playing tooie

You obviously cannot read. Let me explain it again. Ike was used as a base to make Cloud, Zero Suit was used as a base to make Bayonetta, Duck Hunt can easily be tweaked and edited to make Banjo-Kazooie. Why would the devs want to waste all that time making a model from scratch if they can take a similar model and give it a few edits?

Attached: DyaOnHEX0AInAfp.jpg (567x428, 51K)

and ?
Discover things from Nintendo/gaming history is part of the Smash interest. Just like everyone wanted to play Castlevania after Simon's reveal.

Ike and Zero Suit was probably used for animations purpose, I think Cloud and Bayonetta's models were made from scratch.
But the Duck Hunt/Banjo argument is still up

Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie both came out right when the majority of the people on the board right now were kids getting into video games. If anything the opposite of what you're saying is probably true, I am willing to bet that only ~10% of the people who post about Banjo didn't play the games.

Implying that Banjobros are just bandwagoning is ignorant at best. I'm willing to be that a good %10 haven't played the games. I played them back then they first came out when I was a kid. Still have my copy of both and still %100 them a few times a year.

Why aren't people playing Art Academy then? Vince got in as an AT

so not only does duck hunt steal banjo's dynamic but he offers even more by being a retro rep that represents a bunch of games the other retro reps didn't. also sweetie clones aren't added to offer something new, they are extra additions that are easy to add. also they already stated they aren't adding echos to the fighter pass so sorry sweetie

I understand the thought behind this and I could be true but they could be using duck hunt for another 4 legged character

Or the glitch with duck hunt and sword fighter could Be nothing

It's not uncommon for Devs to shave time by using existing models. Hell, Krystal would've been in but instead they choose Wolf because he's similar to Fox.

Don't be stupid. I said Simon, a playable character. We talk about Banjo, as a playable character.

Good thing the game isn't supposed to pander to you specifically but to the entire world. He isn't extrenely boring to a lot of people, in fact a bunch like him, so he gets in.

Right... but I was thinking about Piranha Plant's base which was Bowser Jr, and Jr was used for some moves.

Maybe that depend of the character

There is a difference between a cool looking playable fighter with a nice cinematic trailer and an okay assist trophy

>Promotional pick
Erdrick comes from the second best selling franchise on the NES, he is a logical pick.

>Implying everyone uses "sweetie" constantly.

Sure thing, Wolfrulez64. Keep telling yourself that. Run back to Gamefaqs. No use trying to convince a bitch like you. Must be hard doing those mental gymnastics.

Attached: 1550643091017.jpg (500x478, 149K)

I think the most likely case is that they used Ike and ZSS to make sure Cloud and Bayo's animations looked alright before they actually had models for them, using the former two character's models as stand-ins because they were the most similar in appearance they had available.

Fuck off bandwaggoning Banjofags, you only care abort the roster and not anything else, being represented is a huge honor you know

>no argument
aw hell yea new record, i humbly accept your concession

Falseflagging should be bannable.

Yeah but of course people are going to be more interested in a playable fighter’s games than an assist trophy

Also just because people were more interested in Simon doesn’t mean nobody went to play or at least check out vince’s Games or even other assist trophy’s games

>zero suit goes from acrobatic space bounty hunter to combo heavy witch
>bowser jr goes from mech car to extendo chompy plant
>duck hunt goes from mammal and bird duo retro rep to mammal and bird duo that does more generic punches and kicks
hmmm something doesn't line up

you got a source on that?

Big dick energy! 8D

Zero suit and bowser jr were used because of their move set and body shape/movement so duck hunt being banjo doesn’t work well there but if they used it based off of aperience he works

This is why I don’t like this theory too much

>Banjofags trying to coat tail off lizardbros
Get that microsoft shit out of here and join your puppet friends in the corner

Attached: Krool pathetic.jpg (1503x1080, 334K)

>falseflagging the post
Banjo and K.Rool are fucking family.

Retard.

I'm not banjofag, I only said something obvious : people care for playable character more than AT.

Doesn't mean nobody played AT games, Isaac is a good example.

> [Steve Mayles' character] is shit ! [Steve Mayles' character] is better !
Okay.

>if you like one character you have to like everything else that creator made
Imagine being this desperate to be associated with chads

Attached: 1521405807863.gif (306x200, 605K)

As a Kroolbro, I hope the best for Banjobros. Fuck you

>FAAAALSE FLAGGING

I found you, falseflagger!

>no argument
Better luck next time xboys

Attached: 1533751054927.gif (197x236, 360K)

AHEM
*taps on Mic*
AHEMMMMM
*Mic reverb shatters glass*
FUCK BANJOFAGS
FUCK K ROOL FAGS
FUCK STEVE FAGS

GO BACK TO R*DDIT

Attached: 1551345325402.jpg (196x167, 14K)

I didn't concede anything, Bitch. There's no point making an argument against you because you didn't come in this threat for that purpose. All you want is to troll. You want one though? I'll bite.

Pac-Man also counts as a retro rep due to his specials and normals referencing his Wakka-Wakka state and other aspects of namco arcade games like Galaga. Guess Pac-Man can't be in because he's to much like Duck-Hunt in that regard. Banjo-Kazooie could possibly be used to rep Rareware, a company that helped the N64 gain it's popularity. You assertion that DHD steals Banjo's gimmick is a weak strawman because there is more to them than just bird pecks. Banjo pulls his weight without Kazooie by using his backpack as a weapon, carrying case, transport. The dynamic of the bear and bird is that banjo uses Kazooie is a swiss army bird.

youtube.com/watch?v=QLWLdO9GLWM This trailer to Nuts & Bolts demolishes your argument because it shows the creativity of their partnership. Within a few seconds banjo uses Kazooie is a lockpick, and then as a freaken chainsaw. Lets see Duck Hunt do that.

Attached: D-Smash.gif (300x230, 2.62M)

Dont you DARE invoke his name in this thread. He's blessed and doesn't deserve to be included in this redditfest you fucking Banjofag

Attached: 1552288170208m.jpg (747x1024, 112K)

cringe pepe go back to 2014

Again, the models were used as a base because they look similar and then rejiggered with the character in mind. Once the base model is reworked to suit the new character, the animations are then crafted to suit their moveset Tweak the values like weight and air speed and you got a new character.

no but you have to at least respect your brothers

Banjo and K.Rool were literally never evers, rare bros. I can't wait for them to be reunited.

Piss off Pac-Punk, I do what I want.

Attached: 1549400116852.png (454x448, 164K)

>tfw he's in Smash and Banjofags are going to lose out to Sans and some toddler from Dragon Quest
Feels amazing.

Attached: 55c.gif (270x220, 24K)

Look what I got

Attached: E77CCA75-857A-4677-8658-19F16CEF692C.jpg (600x450, 19K)

C-can I join you Banjobros?

Attached: 1552151107633.png (894x894, 721K)

That is probably true to an extent since Shulk and Cloud's base skeletons line up pretty close to Ike's base skeleton (by "base" skeletons I mean their core proportions, not character specific stuff like clothing physics bones). But it seems usually there's another link that makes them desirable to use as a groundwork and their skeletal similarities are a coincidence (Piranha Plant's based on Bowser Jr. for example but their skeletons almost nothing alike). Ike probably works best for characters with big ol' swords, ZSS likely lent herself to an athletic character with projectiles, and Bowser Jr. seems best for characters confined to some sort of transportation "vehicle".

For Banjo, the best base to use would depend on how they'd handle Kazooie. If she doesn't have independence then yeah, Duck Hunt would make sense. If she had some degree of separation however, then Ice Climbers or Rosalina would make more sense.

Christ, Pacfags are insuffrably obnoxious.

Sure.

Attached: Banjojo.png (500x290, 74K)

You literally made a self-indulgent thread you retarded banjofag. Jesus christ how delusional are you fuckwits? Hahaha you're making SteveFags look rational

Attached: 1552283520237.png (430x403, 107K)

Why are so many against Banjo being in Smash? I thought the majority loves BK and want to see more of these characters. I thought it was only Stevefags, but a ton of other hate on Banjo too.

I'm not OP, you asshurt retard.

>3rd
>Banjofags became S-E apologists now
2 SONGS
S
O
N
G
S

Because you faggots wont shut the fuck up about BK and make threads like this

SEETHING LMAO

Attached: Featured-Image.png (300x300, 61K)

>gamepass is planned for sony consoles too
looks like Banjo is coming to PSASBR bros...

We're on Yea Forums

>y-you're just being a big meanie
>p-pacman is just a clone of duck hunt by your logic because he has a couple cameos of other games
>banjo would be a retro rep just like all these famicom icons meme
>unironically listing grab animation potential as something that would make banjo stand out
youch you banjroids sure do stretch thin to say such nonsense

I don't see them implementing a full split-up mechanic, though I can see it working. Kazooie rarely pops out the backpack, but it does show a lot of character for her head to always be peeking out and looking around. Kazooie has usually been an extension of Banjo's abilities where she lends her wings for flight and hovering. In other cases Banjo uses Kazooie as an active tool like a Gun/Bayonet. I had a funny idea in mind where the side smash would be Kazooie smacking the Magic Wrench from N&B down and not using it for it's intended purpose to grab things.

Attached: a0c.png (1280x780, 676K)

They are just pissy they can't troll Banjobros into submission. Stevefags are just annoying, plain and simple.

>One Thread in a week
>WHY ARE YOU MAKING SO MANY BANJO THREADS!!! STOP IT!!!

Piss off.

Attached: Z7HeRxU.jpg (600x600, 83K)

so duck hunt

Banjo is more relevant than Pac-Man, fuck off.

>Cloud is a sword guy with magic
>therefore Robin clone

Nintendo and S-E cares about promoting japanese franchises in the west than giving into Japanese shit taste atm.
for example, adding corrin in because of a western release of fates.
meanwhile, S-E wants to push DQ west presence instead of dealing with the flop garbage they spawn for the past years.

i dunno why you fags didnt learn from Rex and Bandana Dee, "muh japan" never held a merit for this season and Sakurai has yet to add Undertale spirits even.

>Retorts with a mock crying response
>no argument
aw hell yea new record, i humbly accept your concession.

Attached: Grunty lol.jpg (400x400, 23K)

>not his official clay model
>only lucas had a sprite because none official exist
fake

seeGet fucked.

Literally just did a 100% run (all Mumbo Tokens included) of Kazooie last week, pal.

> Implying Pacfags didn't spam Pac-Man threads back in Sm4sh days by constantly saying "NAMCO WORK ON SM4SH NAMCO WORK ON SM4SH"

Your coping is just. Abyssmal. You know what? Normally I'd keep shitposting you retards till the thread dies, but you guys are so fucking sad and pathetic I'm actually going to go.
The fact you know in the bottom of your heart that Banjo isnt going to be in Smash is victory enough for me.

Have fun with the braindead Stevefags and trannies
Pac-Chad out.

Attached: PicsArt_03-10-11.00.01.jpg (1080x1234, 174K)

>can't physically and mentally continue reading after being mocked
if you're gonna bail so soon after coming back you better have a doctors note sweetie

>longposting seethe about a children's party game on a Mongolian fishing forum
>"Chad"

Sentence structure was very clear he was talking about steve. English not your native tongue?

Not him, but just let it go. You're making us Banjobros look pathetic

Based

Attached: Smooth Steve.png (620x349, 316K)

Shut the fuck up Stevecuck, I'm not with you

Attached: fuckman.png (800x393, 459K)

>calling yourself a "chad"
oh lord

That's the bed you've made, you angry contrarian nigger. Enjoy it.

I'm gay btw if that matters

Friendly reminder that Koichi Sugiyama, the composer for the Dragon Quest series, is a greedy jap that is extremely protective about his musical works and if Erdrick or any DQ rep gets into Smash, you'll get midi samples of the DQ music and nothing else.

Is Final Fantasy as an IP not directly owned by Square or something? I'm wondering if that's why they didn't include any FF spirits or extra music. Unless Square was really being jewish and expected compensation for every piece of FF material used in the game.

Come on I'll eat you !

Attached: pukman.png (282x244, 117K)

They own FF itself as far as I know, but the composer for many of the games (Nobue Uematsu), including FF7, owns the rights to his compositions. That's why you only get three tracks (including the victory music) and they're only game rips. Of course, Square Enix themselves are turbojews too, so working to wrangle the rights to any FF content is just an exercise in frustration (and with how much worse the DQ composer is I have a hard time believing a DQ rep would happen unless it only came with like one stage song or something).

"Everyone is Here" almost fell apart since a certain company needed their arms twisted, according to Sakurai. People have been able to piece together that it was Squeenix, as if there was any doubt. It had been rumored that SE wanted Nintendo to hold Cloud back as DLC, and I think there's truth to it; the smoking gun is how Cloud is the dead last character in the internal character ordering in the base game, and how his model and textures are some of the least changed amongst Sm4sh veterans. Plus the lack of FF spirits besides two Smash renders for Cloud is telling IMO.

Cloud (and a theoretical DQ rep) are absolutely the first on the chopping block whenever The Great Purge happens for the series.

>Stevefags seething people already accepted DQ isnt intertwined to virginben bullshit
are people forgetting all the lucky guesses he made during the last hype cycle?
Incineroar and "Minecraft content" was just his trump card to tell insiders shitting on him to fuck off

meanwhile ResetERA insiders say Erdrick is 100% in but Minecraft rumors looking to be all possible bullshit or leakbait.
Liam Robertson says Microsoft is getting a rep but Steve seems unlikely.

> (and with how much worse the DQ composer is I have a hard time believing a DQ rep would happen unless it only came with like one stage song or something).
imagine still using the Sugiyama bogeyman after DQXIS

Attached: fuck china.jpg (999x717, 332K)

It seems Veggie did have legit sources at some points (sorry but Simon is too much for me to chalk him up as entirely sourceless). I think what people miss, however, is that a lot of his sources are bunk or he sometimes probably even just made shit up. There was a lot he also got wrong about Ultimate.

As for a Microsoft rep, I don't think they're especially likely but I don't think it's too out of the question either. But where has this retarded recent notion of it being Cuphead come from? Is it a meme leak like the one a month ago that claimed that Square Enix's second rep would be some little girl from some edgy anime?

THAT K ROOL IS A BLOODY SPY

my number one character as long as i can remember. godspeed.

Link that claim

Man, that will be the best day to look at all these crying stevefags.

Cuphead is a Microsoft character that isn’t banjo,Steve, or master chief that would be interesting to have in smash but most people don’t think he’s actually going to be in or even could be in it’s just fun to think about

I played Banjo, SMRPG, Minecraft and even Dragon Quest III

>Liam Robertson says Microsoft is getting a rep but Steve seems unlikely.

source?

As long as they base their design on the N64 games and not that shitty Nuts and Bolts look.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/451047991/#451047991
now tell me why Liam Robertson is less reliable than Vergeben, Stevecuck

If he does get announced I'll buy the entire fighter pass

That much is fine, but I've been seeing people trying to claim that he's likely.

>Everyone I don’t like is from Discord
Alright, WHO was the original creator of the model?

He would be a cool character to have in smash with his old style drawn cartoon animations but people are taking that and saying he’s likely

He has a chance but a very small chance

There can only be so many idiots in a single thread. Those who still want Banjo in lack a brain inside their head!

Attached: unnamed-9.gif (248x250, 114K)

Banjo-Kazooie is a fucking classic video game you brainlet

Stevefags at least don’t harass Rare and Playtonic employees with constant bickering about Smash and the old days
>t-they like it
Probably because of good PR, you delusional and obsessed dummies

>There can only be so many idiots in a single thread. Those who still want Steve in lack a brain inside their head!
Fixed that for you, Grunty.

Attached: 1550359932570.jpg (1024x819, 84K)

based

Your loss for thinking people who say Steve is in are lying.

When the blocky man joins Smash Bros. instead of Banjo, don't come back crying!

Attached: images-327.jpg (210x240, 6K)

youtube.com/watch?v=7Yh_RE0Xcx0

Very disappointed in you Pac-fag

HE COMES

Attached: worldofsteve.png (800x3375, 3.35M)

> Stevefags at least don’t harass Rare and Playtonic employees with constant bickering about Smash and the old days
youtube.com/watch?v=GejiOQQazJo
> Embarass people with question about another game at the minecon
Sure they DIDN'T AT ALL force with their shit

Sorry it took me so long banjo, you’re in

Attached: 172D3EA5-03D7-4A3E-B867-91C65D903F8A.png (896x552, 520K)

an obvious photoshop fake said the dlc would be cuphead, jibanyan, chrono (spelled wrong), and doom marine

Jesus this thread actually made me despise Banjofags. The delusion, the condescending attitude, the lies, you might as well be Genofags 2.0 since you're from the same breed of cancer.

Attached: borf.png (583x256, 72K)

Did they reveal the second DLC character? or ar Banjofags getting ahead of themselves?

based Incinechad

> Stevefags constantly shitpost and being condescendant
> No problem
> Banjofags do this once this time
> MUH GENOFAGS CANCER

At least Sakurai wants Geno, he can't put him in due to Square.

this and what lies?

>an appropriate question at a Minecraft themed con is the same thing as every day harassment and obsession on twitter

>B-BUT STEVEFAGS
Where in my post did I defend Stevefags you paranoid nutjob?
And besides, a shitty action from a group does not justify the shitty actions of another group.

Non-Smashfag here. What games have Banjo and Tooie appeared in? I don't pay attention to ancient games.

>Banjo and Tooie
OHOHO NO NO NO
based zoomer

Why doesn't anyone else realize Steve would be a perfect Mii Sword fighter costume

Happy for ya, bear pal.

NOW GIMME GRUNTY THEME REMIX OR SCRAM

Ikr

the Q&A was about Minecraft 2, Smashfags constantly push their shitty game like this is the only thing matter in video game. I didn't defend Waluigi's fanbase twitter harassment.

I wish there was a mass report feature so I could report everyone in this thread for being underage

Attached: NoU.png (248x380, 68K)

I'm pretty sure that they are saying that he will be the next.
>Piranha Plant
>Joker

>Muh Samurai is my Ally
Soccerguy also loves Dragon Quest and a bunch of shit.

Plant isn't part of the fighter pass

Joker. First was Piranha Plant.

Which is why Erdrick is coming

You don't get to pull the "no u" card after unironically participating in a playground fight over children's video game characters

>Call it a banjo thread
>Start complaining about Steve instantly
Leave it to the Banjo boys to keep Steve topical in the smash ring while all the chads are sleeping it off til April. So much for being optimistic

Attached: Steve Christ.png (763x656, 19K)

Careful what you say young one
gonintendo.com/stories/302660-sakurai-details-his-experience-of-playing-minecraft-on-the-switch

participating in a Yea Forums Yea Forums thread is the real sin user

>incinifag
Why do the most reddit tier characters support Banjofags?
Like fuck Stevefags and all, but jesus christ you flannel wearing faggots are annoying and cringey as shit
Fuck off furfag

Plant isn't in the pass, retard. Joker was explicitly announced as fighter pack 1.

That's unironically the best course of action for fighter representation for MC (although you could make it work with Gunner and Brawler too). A proper Steve moveset would either be too pared down to be faithful or it'd be a bloated and awkward playstyle.

Hell, a STAGE would work better to rep MC.

Has anyone thought of a way they could incorporate BK's collectathon mechanic into their moveset?
Almost all the 3rd characters now have something grossly unique about them
>Cloud Limit Break
>Bayo's combos and guns
>Ryu's inputs and light/heavy moves
We all know what they're regular moves would be. They practically have an entire smash moveset in their own game. I'm just wondering about specials

Attached: firstthepokemonthenstevefurryswanttoRuinsmash.jpg (620x684, 97K)

Banjo-Kazooie was literally my first N64 game fucktard.

OP didn't mention the fighter pass, retard. They said 3rd DLC character.

> Not Mario 64
Fuck off underage

to be honest, if its true that stage builder getting added in 3.0, then it being Minecraft themed would probably be the best representation possible

I have not played a single banjo game in my life but i want banjo in

> Super Overrated 64
yeah, no.

t. hype train sheep
at least stevefag zoomers actually played minecraft

Banjo has always been a poor mans Mario 64. There's a reason why Banjo died off when the 3d platformer trend faded

Sorry fag, but I play incineroar for Yea Forums reasons. His character gets the wrestling itch out I needed in the game

Attached: 375EC41F-BABD-4FB1-85DF-6E61C3442CB2.jpg (1024x576, 84K)

>defending stevefags at all
Shut the fucking hell up zoomer faggot
You dont have to play a characters game or even watch it to want someone in

>There's a reason why Banjo died off when the 3d platformer trend faded

Attached: whatisabait.png (368x218, 16K)

Banjo-Kazooie had better worlds than Mario 64, this is undeniable.

>banjofags this absolutely insecure and delusional
You make me want steve

>His character gets the wrestling itch out I needed in the game
There's less furfag options for wrestling characters.

Attached: dxplK61.gif (480x270, 2.04M)

If he was in the game I’d flock to him in an instant, but currently he’s not in, so I have to work with incineroar

I'm gonna give you a minute to actually read OP's post. Get back to me when you're done.

>Yea Forums reasons
Okay slightly respectable reasoning. I retract my previous statements and will settle on just calling you a furfag.

Sorry Banjofags, you won't be part of the pass.
But don't worry, we will enjoy Smash!

Attached: 1545789023497.gif (813x665, 123K)

Attached: N64 mini.jpg (3917x2108, 989K)

>lewding pokegirls

Stop that shit alrady you sickos.

Every single one of them is meant to be someone's childhood love so just keep them away from unclean stuff. Got it?

I know someone trying to plan a full on wrasslin' moveset in Project M for Star Man from Pro Wrestling, and he plans on borrowing Incineroar's ropes move. How would that strike your fancy?

>banjo is more relevant than fucking pacman

Christ the delusion

Naw Sakurai didn't add in Geno because he had absolutely no future, just like banjo

Mario 64 was a tech demo, Banjo and Spyro were more interesting to play.

That would be a yes from me

Attached: B483D8FE-3000-4097-B805-44D35CE18451.gif (355x210, 1011K)

Attached: e71c493b6a01c38b7b5a4d8ff52770d6.png (707x1000, 524K)

Sorry but animu characters aren't allowed in Smash, Son Gohan

Attached: PXUvSnP.png (175x406, 104K)

Reignited and N Sane made mad cash, you think Microsoft won't get a bite of that?

> No future
> When K.Rool got in

I played BK 20 years ago on my N64, then Tooie on an emulator during my high school years. I've wanted them in since Smash 64.

> Killer Instinct in 2013
> Battletoads in 2018
Microsoft revive Rare IPs, I'm sure Banjo-Kazooie's revival is planned, even if Banjo doesn't make it in Smash.

I really wish all smash faggots were banned from Yea Forums and banished to /vg/. Every time there's the slightest sliver of news you shit up the catalog for weeks with tons of threads but then when the thing actually releases you all stop talking about it within a couple of days.

You are just interested in the hype, you don't give a single shit about video games.

Yea just like they revived him when they saw yooka laylee making it rain the minute they opened their kick starter

*ahem*

Attached: SteveFeasts.webm (640x480, 211K)

Mooooods
Mooooooooooods!
Save me! They are breaching my safe space!

Maybe that opponents drop notes when hit, like Wario’s coin grab in PM, and these notes can be collected

That was in a world before the 3D platformer revival

>NO MY PEPES AND WOJAKS!
>PLEASE STOP VIDEO GAME DISCUSSION!

>the more items they collect, the more powerful they get
I actually like the sound of that. Although I think it'd be too fucking confusing for matches with multiple Banjos.
Maybe some kind of "search for items" move like Phoenix Wright in MvC3?

Not fat enough

mmmmmm, tasty!

Nah, they wouldn’t be a powerup; it’s just for visuals

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1551957185464.webm (960x540, 1.12M)

>Yooka Laylee did well in fundraising
>A Hat in Time regarded highly
>Crash N. Sane trilogy sold and reviewed well
>Spyro Reignited reviewed well
>Super Mario Odyssey (touted by Nintendo as a return to collectathon style gameplay) reviewed well and is the best selling 3D Mario after only a year
>Banjo-Kazooie love still going strong based on the success of the Yooka Laylee crowdfunding and the persistent popularity of them as a Smash request
How many more signs do MS and Rare need? A full remake of the first two Banjo games would do gangbusters if they have faithful core gameplay and don't use the Nuts and Bolts artstyle.

Most of those games you listed are Western shit

gif pls

because only old farts like you still care about banjo. the fact that banjo requires smash for anyone to still talk about him is pretty telling

>western games don’t count as games
Get out, weeb

>banjo requires smash for anyone to still talk about him
He doesn't. He's just the most popular pick for Smash that isn't in yet and that's still standing. That's why he's being shitposted to death.
And what makes Crash and Spyro any different from Banjo in terms of why they cant be brought back?

So... Why would that negatively impact whether MS and Rare (western companies) would want to do any Banjo remakes?

>c. thing

that's not what he said user.

learn to read

I can't believe you toxic stevefags are shitting up my thread. This is what every K. Rool thread was like before he was announced: toxic, seething, shitposting, etc. Banjo is coming. Discordfags stop raiding my thread!

Attached: rip steve.jpg (1534x1568, 715K)

Nope

Attached: basedsora.png (327x364, 134K)

n-nooo... this was supposed to be our chance..... argh...

Attached: 1550595465721.jpg (600x528, 36K)

Discord is the new Muh Russia

You aren't part of the pass either, don't worry though, you'll be part of my cringe collection

Attached: Kingdom_Hearts_3.jpg (3840x2160, 1.07M)

I agree

Attached: 49465985_519311948476832_3827394208150399208_n.jpg (1080x719, 44K)

Tell me about it

Attached: 51870127_444940259580041_3439502570920165219_n.jpg (320x320, 15K)

At some point, you just have to give up on Geno's chances

Attached: themouseseesall.jpg (1640x1242, 168K)

What?

Already did. Still like him and I'll still support him all the way

Sorafags and Genofags are gonna enjoy watching Erdrick be forgotten in like 2 weeks after he gets announced

Attached: 1536643469343.jpg (200x200, 12K)

This

geno isn't in smash because he's too busy tending to his baby ducks

Geno is just a good meme at this point

Attached: D0IgJ1cU8AEmKBJ.png (639x376, 395K)

Haven't finished Kazooie but I finished Tooie twice on the 64 when it came out.

>mfw this is from an actual nintendo publication in the uk (which is weird because they never got smrpg on snes)

holy fuck

>two weeks
Pfft. Hahaha, no way fag. it'd take even less time for people to stop giving a shit. I'd give him a week at most after his hypothetical release.

The worst part about a DQ rep, if it gets in, will be the huge wave of circlejerking hipsters and posers in Smash circles to act like Dragon Quest is their most favoritest game/franchise of all time and something they've deeply wanted in Smash all along, and totally not just something they bandwagoned on after popular rumors. It'd be Simon all over again but without a Richter surprise to expose bullshitters this time.

>but without a Richter surprise to expose bullshitters this time.
absolute best part of the Simon reveal
>"Oh snap, they put in my boy Ritch-turr!"

Good thing that won't happen then thanks to a certain mouse

Attached: themouse.jpg (1100x619, 43K)

I can't wait if he ever gets announced the literally confusion and disappointment he brings. Joker was a great start but this possible next guy would lead to a road of confusion on why they added a dragon ball character.

You're wrong.

Ray Coffman was the only genuine fan outta the “reaction” clique

If Erdrick's fun to play I'll main him.

>all the illiterate faggots somehow thinking his name had a silent fucking "T" and calling him "Richer"
>some doing so even after translator-Sakurai's detailed spiel on the Belmonts using his correct pronunciation
Reaction fags genuinely have average IQs around the double digits. The only good one I've seen was that boomer dude who was a genuine CV geek that rattled off his knowledge of the series and lost his shit when Richter was revealed.

Attached: ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u2.png (413x549, 82K)

i just want everyone's favorite character to get in desu

Steve's biggest problem is that combat in Minecraft sucks, and all of his animations are super shit and would be jarring as fuck.in Smash.

You who would be cool though? Chosen Undead. Dark Souls would be
quite the off the wall pick.

Jokers already in so I don't care anymore. Honestly will anything be able to top his announcement at the gay awards?

I have this feeling that EVO or E3 will give us something pretty damn nuts too.

Maybe.

Place bets. When do you think they'll reveal the next character for the pass? During what ever direct they'll have before Joker releases, or we gonna be waiting till e3?

When's E3 again?

June. We're getting Joker "before the end of April"

You talk as if Erdrick was a fad character from some zoomer game and not from 31 years ago.

Unlike Sora and Geno who have no bandwagoning whatsoever, right?
Dragon Quest has been talked about since Cloud was revealed.

i don't understand why banjofags still act like they understand the thought process that goes into making characters when for a solid week they grasped super hard to a fake blurry image leak that said we were getting 7 more characters revealed before launch

Because Banjofags=/=Grinchies

Would be nice. I just hope we get some genre diversity is all. I know RPGs are big in Japan, and I love 'em too, but if Eldegard is legit that'd be two rpg characters. Give us something like Dante, Doomguy, Banjo Kazooie, etc for the rest. Only other RPG character I'd really want would be Crono, but that's just personal preference.

Technically whatever character is announced next will be the third. PP, Joker, Third

I have savefiles in Dragon Warrior that are older than you, seething zoomer.

Attached: 2807909_p0.png (500x500, 55K)

>But DQ11 Switch
Remember that the Brave model does not make sense for an Erdrick fighter unless they used a chibi model and that too does not make sense either.

That fact really bothers me the most about Erdrick being the next DLC fighter for Smash Ultimate. How come the "leakers/insiders" confidently know that Erdrick is the next fighter when the Brave stat and height contradict everything about the "leaks" say?

I hope they show off the next fighter at a Smash-only direct and then the 3rd pack to be announced at E3 because we're like 1/4 into the year already and there's going to be 5 fighter in the pass. Plus the last one will released in feb of 2020.

Attached: 5fd08295-2536-4ea9-ad64-dcac179d079b.png (503x385, 218K)

Cause we're talking dlc characters I wanna know what everybody thinks of piranaha plant. I was mediocre at best at smash until plant came out, last week went to a local tourney and got 3rd. Is he broken like people say or did I just find a character that clicked?

see

I absolutely think the 3.0.0/Joker news spot (which I'm guessing will be in the form of a mini Direct) will be our next fighter reveal too. Four months in out of the 14 months total for the DLC cycle (the last content is planned to release by Feb 2020) seems more than due for the next reveal. Apparently Joker was picked last so that's probably why he's pushed off Pack 2's announcement for so long.

Totally baseless guess of the reveal pipeline:
>VGAs 2018 (duh)
>April 3.0.0 update reveal
>E3 2019
>EVO 2019
>October or November general Direct

Smash 4 did pretty good with it's dlc newcomers
>Cloud - classic jrpg
>Ryu - OG fighting game
>Bayo - modern action game
variety's the spice of life. I'm sure Sakurai knows this and we'll at least one "toony" non-anime character

dragon warrior monsters II Cobis journey still best dragon warrior game

>Apparently Joker was picked last
shit really? source? I mean, that would explain why he's taking so long to come out, but hopefully it means the remainder of the pack won't be so spaced out

>Not Tara

I just realized 4 out of 6 Smash 4 DLC characters were RPG characters. Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Cloud. Not a big deal but it never dawned on me. Maybe cause I never really factored in the veteran character DLC when I think of Smash 4 DLC.

>Remember that the Brave model does not make sense for an Erdrick fighter unless they used a chibi model and that too does not make sense either.
Sincerely, who knows. Sakurai is all about retro representation, and there is chibi art of male erdrick and all of the party members in DQ3.
Chibi Erdrick would also kill down the chances of Steve since it would mean the leak was wrong.

Attached: 56a8e2bd9cceea4d0c212e9e70fd15a8.jpg (886x1200, 184K)

>Every single DQ3 character art has some sort of blue accessory
Soul

Attached: 52a7525c9c6063c227580a0f54958dfc--elisabeth-ii-queen-elizabeth-ii.jpg (236x434, 17K)

Can someone explain to me why they think Erdrick is likely when he's not even the most popular Dragon Quest character?

Attached: Alena.(Dragon.Quest.IV).full.184914.jpg (900x1349, 124K)

Holy finna based

Didn't the "leak" from 5chan/2chan also said that Erdrick would also have Luminary as an alt as well from what said earlier? That wouldn't make sense either if SoccerGuy wanted to use a chibi version of Erdrick.
>Chibi Erdrick would also kill down the chances of Steve since it would mean the leak was wrong
No, that would make the other 5chan/2chan "leak" and the Stevefags even more powerful if Erdrick is confirmed as the next fighter.

Discrediting your irrelevant ass is just as important as advocating for Banjo. Plus it's fun watching you faggots smug it up and act like you are above it all.

Attached: 1551611769676.jpg (425x490, 56K)

[Seethes in contrarian zoomer]

Alenafag, why are you so desperate to please people who hate Dragon Quest?
Anyway, Dragon Quest 3 is the most popular Dragon Quest by far, you go into the Dragon Quest museum and the first thing you see is Roto's Armor.

Attached: 42673.jpg (800x533, 77K)

There is nothing saying the 2ch "leak" which claims to be from Reddit is right. Erdrick could be Chibi because he doesn't need a Luminary alt.

I'm trying to find where I think he said it, I recall it as a Twitter post or an interview. In a different interview however, he had pointed out that Joker barely started even being modeled when Nintendo wanted him to be revealed at the VGAs (modeling and rigging being the Step One of a fully new fighter), so they had to settle for the 2D animation (which even then was running against the clock since the voice actors were hard to all get together properly for it). Here's the interview for that at least:

nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-shares-details-on-jokers-development-and-reveal-says-online-matchmaking-is-under-investigation

With the evidence of "Brave" in the files, it's clear that at least some of the fighters are being made concurrently with each other, so I doubt the time table will be that cramped. Remember, it took Smash 4 DLC six months to get rolling with Mewtwo (a VETERAN) as the first release and it got faster from there with Ryu being revealed and released two months later, so this is actually accelerated in comparison, considering we're dealing with five brand new fighters instead of Sm4sh's 4.

I'm also very tired work was killer last night. Looking back I see it was directed at the Blockhead. My bad.

Attached: 1550518831333.jpg (296x272, 27K)

I still find it funny the "jack" and "brave" filename stuff was removed in the 2.0 update.
They really don't want us snooping around

Not a DQFag by any means but Smash typically goes for the most well known protagonist or best representation of a series over fan favorites (i.e picking Simon over Alucard). From what I can tell DQIII is the most well known and popular like FFVII so it's just seems natural.

Attached: DvDrVzVVAAATqRR.jpg (318x360, 27K)

>there are still people retarded enough to unironically think Erdrick is coming

Attached: themouseseekstributes.png (382x395, 171K)

Ok fair enough but what about the Jade costume alt for Joker that the dataminer found when the first "leak" with Joker & Erdrick forgot to add about that when that "leak" somehow got a lot of info about Erdrick down to a T?

It's unironically the second best selling third party game on Nintendo platforms, losing on the SF. You'd be retarded in thinking Dragon Quest was not at least discussed.

>Still no arguement.

Another admission of defeat? Sure I'll take it. Keep going. Every time you say sweetie it just makes you look like pic related.

Attached: 1546149702645.jpg (601x508, 94K)

>he thinks Sakurai won't give players the option to play as female Erdrick if Erdrick was in

I really want to see an Us styled poster of Discord Steve and regular Steve

They're lucky that the Brave stats as-was were too inconclusive on their own for communities to form any real unanimous conclusions. My personal thoughts: Brave is predictably Erdrick, E3 will be a fanwank pick like Banjo or Doomguy to respectively coincide with a Game Pass announcement or a Doom Eternal spot, EVO will be Heihachi or a Dark Souls rep, and the final reveal will be something batshit like Goku.

>he thinks there will be a reveal at EVO when that has never happened before

no

Attached: banjoBlue.jpg (250x156, 50K)

>he thinks there will be a Direct reveal at EVO when there wasn't one befo-
>*whirrrrrrrrr*
>AAAAAAAAA NONONONO HELP ME PATTERNFAGS

Banjo Kazooie was among my first 3-5 N64 games. It was the first game that ever gripped me as a kid. I've beaten Kazooie and Tooie several times completely. When I was a kid, I was so glued to the screen playing them that I'd postpone going to the bathroom until I was prairie-dogging.

How old are you? I feel like only zoomers hate on Banjo because they grew up with Minecraft yuck

1st appearance was in Diddy Kong Racing. 2nd was Banjo Kazooie, 3rd was in Banjo-Tooie, 4th was Banjo Pilot for GBA, 5th was Grunty's Revenge for GBA, 6th was Nuts and Bolts, 7th was a cameo in Sonic And Sega All-Stars racing.

Should also be noted that there is a Banjo-kazooie themed skin pack for the switch version of Minecraft.

Attached: 1548258828725.gif (500x265, 491K)

It was definitely discussed, until he entered the room.

Attached: mickey-magic-kingdom.jpg (320x185, 10K)

The absolute best headcanon

>tfw I've learned to stop worrying about who does or doesn't get in and will embrace whoever it might be even Steve
I trust in Sakurai

Attached: qoRA720dWTwDOOq1wqTckHjNfR0CP1663O8J_icn_nZ6XNVtyEPuJaAtIvf6UvB9.jpg (810x780, 70K)

what does Disney have to do with DQ, silly retard man?

Thanks. If you are able to, play Kazooie and Tooie. They are both great games. I even like little bits of Nuts and Bolts.

Attached: 1549485166586.jpg (720x538, 108K)

He's talking about Sora user

Got an Xbox? You can get the games off the XBLA, and Gamepass.

>I trust in Sakurai

Attached: smash-bros-ultimate-online-menu-nintendo.jpg (1024x576, 127K)

he's replying to Erdrick posts

I don't play online, so I really don't give a fuck

It is the case for some Squeenix games, but Uematsu doesn't own the FFVII music outright or there would be a copyright credit for him like there are for a few others, like Keiichi Suzuki (Earthbound).
Honestly it's bizarre that Shigesato Itoi co-owns the copyright/IP for the Mother series. He must secretly be a genius lawyer.

Attached: song copyright.png (1996x1200, 522K)

Post YFW Banjo and Kazooie are confirmed. I'll start!

Attached: 1546726781548.gif (320x320, 2.71M)

Rare and Playtonic employees bathe in the adulation you silly person.
Steve Mayles, responsible for the original B&K and the ugly blocky B&K, is suggesting to his own brother that Nuts & Bolts isn't the real Banjo-Threeie and wants him to make it some day.
Gregg even replied in rhyme

Attached: 'animosity' for fans.png (590x689, 133K)

Why would you pin the poor servers *outside* of Japan on him?

>Steve Mayles, responsible for the original B&K and the ugly blocky B&K, is suggesting to his own brother that Nuts & Bolts isn't the real Banjo-Threeie and wants him to make it some day.
Is this yoga, cause this is a good STRETCH

Well shit. I guess Square themselves are just turbojews in both the case of game AND music content then.

Speaking of music, I really hope hacking gives the ability to expand song lists like Smash 4 hacking did. There's a number of franchises I'd like to unofficially fill out (Final Fantasy, Sonic, Mother, and misc being key ones).

Steve quit Rare to make Yooka because Gregg doesn't want to make another B-K. He used the hashtag Banjo-Threeie. Put two and two together

Played them both and I still have that keychain plush and Jon Lovitz promotional tape.

Nice try. I'm talking about the shitty matchmaking setup and options.

>a guy named Steve was responsible for Banjo's blocky Nuts and Bolts design
you can't make this shit up

Yeah, fair enough

>Steve made the blocky BK design
Meme magic at its finest

Attached: poetry_by_thetechromancer-dcvcozy.gif (323x233, 1.54M)

found it in the archive

Attached: proof.png (1889x627, 182K)

>muh Yea Forums text leak “”””””””””proof””””””””””
lol

>making Edelgard the E3 reveal
Why is this stupid enough to be true

He wasn't actually responsible for the character designs in N&B, according to his twitter.

Attached: stevemayles.png (659x475, 50K)

Nuts & Bolts is about building things out of blocks and predates Minecraft. It really was its own death knell

But he did design the ugly monster versions of their severed heads in Grabbed by the Ghoulies, so it does rhyme after all

These are all the characters Steve created, for the record

Attached: stevemaylescharacters.png (2356x1130, 2.96M)

Well that's good to know. Still the general art style is what he was in charge of, that's why Yooka-Laylee looks like it.

X

I'm an Insider on a popular gaming news website. It's looking like this is real.

The E3 Direct does seem ripe for a shill reveal, especially since the one general Direct reveal for Ultimate was Isabelle for AC2019.

Steve is such a common name, it's more proof of what a lazy hack Notch is.
It is kind of hilarious though

>Joker
>Porky
>Lip
>Ryu Hayabusa
>Phoenix Wright
Find a flaw.

Didn't Notch want people to not care for Minecraft's player avatar?

loli bait

Lip for one.

Most likely. Everyone makes their own skin immediately

>previous leak involving version 3.0 mentions skin editor
>people edit Steve’s skin right away
Yeah, he’s in

>Some crocodile with a crown
LMAO this has to be fake.

It's almost like people only care about Steve now because it makes other people mad.

Attached: 1543813310984.gif (220x274, 302K)

>be me
>be notch
>create the biggest video game phenomenon on the 2010s
>am asked as a joke that the default skins name is
>say Steve and laugh
>years of people talking about “Steve” and painting him as a character with personality
>microsoft buys my game
>years later they partner with Nintendo and put the minecraft default skin in the biggest crossover in gaming history under the name I made as a joke
>mfw a character i designed in 20 minites and gave a joke name gets to fight Mario

>Franchise wasn't even able to surpass 10 million sales, last well loved game was 20 years ago, third party, owned by Microsoft and won't mean a thing to anyone who didn't own a 64
I wonder why?

I should spellcheck

>skin editor
All you're getting is stage builder and home run contest and you will like it.

What if they haven’t shown stage builder because they’re going to reveal it with minecraft

>theres a rumor going around now Banjo and Kazooie were named after Yamauchi's family

Attached: 1529118111673.png (866x575, 284K)

>won't mean a thing to anyone who didn't own a 64
I’m fairly certain that 98% of the smash demographic have played on or owned a 64

>rumor
Was actually confirmed by the Mayles’ for Banjo at least, but Kazooie wasn’t

not a rumor twitter.com/Ghoulyboy/status/1104793667674488832

It's true, his grandson is actually named Banjo and Yamauchi's son Kazuhito was nicknamed "Kazu"

We're in the most cursed timeline

Honestly *if* these features were planned they could have just waited a few months longer to release it and it would have been fine. Was it just rushed for Christmas?

>Honestly *if* these features were planned they could have just waited a few months longer to release it and it would have been fine. Was it just rushed for Christmas?
With the plant being basically done during the last Smash direct. I entirely think this was the case.

Well that just hammers home how intrinsically connected to Nintendo the whole thing is

Attached: 1545630326052.png (1024x581, 493K)

No but he is still a DLC character

That just makes things even sadder to be honest. Nintendo must have had high hopes for Banjo as a franchise.

Thanks for ruining things, Miyamoto

Blame the Stampers for selling most of the shares of Rare, it's what left Nintendo with no choice but to sell them off afterward.

Give it to me straight how likely are his chances? I've been waiting for 15 years

Attached: Resident_Evil_4_-_Leon_Scott_Kennedy_with_jacket_render (1).jpg (1400x2000, 548K)

Chris is the main character of Resident Evil series.
Unless he is an echo fighter or something, not happening.

OHOHO NO NO NO
OHOHO
OOOOOOOHHHH
KHAAAAAAAAAA HA HAAAAAA
OOO- KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAA HAA HAAAAAAAAAA

Anyone have that picture of NoA’s walls with Nintendo’s All stars hanging up, including Banjo Kazooie and even Conker

Next best thing is Dante

Why are you blaming Miyamoto is he the one who euthanized Banjo?

He started to get really sour with Rare, and vice versa, part of it was him demanding Dinosaur Planet become a Star Fox game

>Shigeru "replace all unique characters with toads" Miyamoto
>Shigeru "Pikmin 4 is very close to completion" Miyamoto
>Shigeru "Donkey Kong Country proves gamers will put up with mediocre gameplay if the art is good" Miyamoto
>Shigeru "But I don't know, at this point, what direction we could go in with a new F-Zero." Miyamoto

Attached: Asshole.jpg (220x318, 21K)

Allegedly (I haven't found a real source yet) Iwata said he wouldn't have wanted to sell Rare if he had become the president earlier.
>promoted May 2002
>Rare sold in September 2002 the day after Star Fox Adventures comes out

Here's half

Attached: 1547565119979.jpg (640x480, 51K)

(Cont)
Plus games were becoming expensive to make, and Nintendo didn’t want to buy Rare (saving them tons of money)

Got a kek out of me

At least half of those are not things he said or people being too literal with his suggestions.

>creates the most beloved gaming icon in history
>grows old and begins to force his deluded ideas on everything
>ruins the 2 mario RPG series by extracting all the soul resulting in color splash and paper jam
>went south with rare and killed banjo indirectly
>lied about pikmin 4, still nothing on the game years after being “”almost done””
The story is incredibly bittersweet and its going to be interesting when he dies because of the “He was a legend” and “He ruined franchises” crowds butting heads hadd

>Shigeru “Do we REALLY need K.Rool back in DKCR” Miyamoto
>Shigeru “Don’t you fucking put that storybook segment in Mario Galaxy, Koizumi” Miyamoto

The fuck? The storybook was based

>selling rare was the worst mistake nintendo has ever made
ggggggggg4eODD3NDAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

>what is sony

In a vacuum it's not invalid to suggest that DK could get a new villain for a new game. When you see Shiggy's track record, however, it becomes less likely that it came from a place of genuine desire for innovation and more likely that it came from a place of spite for parts of his franchises he didn't make himself.

Jeez, as iffy as Aonuma has been for Zelda, imagine the shitshow the series would be if Shiggy was running the show nowadays.

>Shigeru “Here’s your new Star Fox game, but fuck you have a soulless N64 remake with gyro controls lol” Miyamoto

>we cant so anything new with F-Zero so oops its dead
>heres the 2nd retelling of Star Fox 1 rofl
What did he mean by this?

I don't think a RE rep is too far-fetched. It helped define the horror genre, but part of me thinks Simon fills that role, so I don't know if Sakurai sees it as a priority.

I think with the success of the Resident Evil 2 remake we could see him becoming a fighter to tie-in with the game's port to the Switch

>Mewtwo and Roy
popular characters returning from Melee
>Lucas
popular character returning from Brawl

funny thing about the 5ch/2ch thing is that it fits right in with the actual newcomers in 4. think about it
>pioneer of the jrpg
>classic nes series
>best selling "indie" title even before getting bought out
>pioneer of fps
replace one of them with a first party pick like someone from ARMS and that would actually be a realistic dlc list.

Achieveing one of the biggest honors in the industry by being lazy and not giving a fuck

Imagine being this much of a brainlet.

RE4 will be on Switch too. Isn't it the one that really made Leon iconic?

A couple of the games in Rare Replay like Blast Corps have the old "executive producer Hiroshi Yamauchi" like every Nintendo game of the day. I don't know if these credits were left in or cut out of the Microsoft ports

Attached: resident-evil-4-gamecube-front-cover.jpg (800x1106, 195K)

I agree. People who enjoy Dragon Quest are brainlets.

I hope that "fighters pass being entirely 3rd party" theory is true, just so we can sidestep cancer like this

I mean I would hope so, but I'm thinking at this point all of the DLC fighters are going to relate in some way to a recent game coming out on the Switch or a port of a big game coming to it. This had lead me to believe that a Pokémon from Sword/Shield, and a Fire Emblem Three Houses character are both practically guaranteed

>2 new shillmon in one smash game
kill me

>I don't want Nintendo's most successful franchise to be represented! AHHHHH

>having the most unique fighters in the game even beating out Mario
>having an item that summons over 40 different characters from the series specifically
>not represented
I don't think I have a brainlet reaction image strong enough for you

I don't hate Pokemon, I've just had zero interest in it for 8 years. But after 17.5 years of shilling Fire Emblems and new Pokemon you just have to get used to it. Fire Emblem might ""need advertising"" because it's not that popular in the west but Pokemon doesn't need anything to help it.

fuck they've got a point

Attached: crusader.png (500x370, 49K)

That's Smash Bros, not Pokémon X Fire Emblem : The Game (Feat some guests)

Sakurai obviously loves Pokemon more then Fire Emblem. There is only one Pokemon clone compared to 5 Marth clones.

>>But DQ11 Switch
what's wrong faggot? cant use your sugiyama boogeyman anymore and moving goalposts to brave bullshit?

and what about Brave's shield data? its the same size as Marth and Snake, which makes me ultra doubtful about the chibi nonsense.

Played both of them about 20 years ago, they are piss easy games honestly. This is the first time I put attention to smash speculation, and it surprises me the amount of retards that pretty much overrate their games and their importance to the 64 and gaming in general. Banjo is pretty much one of the crappiest aspects of his game and controls in a mediocre way, game would have been amazing if they just axed him and just kept Kazooie.

A Pokémon doesn't have to be a bad thing necessarily. I wasn't, nor am I a big fan of Incineroar at all but it being added to the roster was possibly one of the best Alolan Pokémon we could have gotten. No other fighter plays like Incineroar, and as long as there's a unique and interesting monster from the new game that can offer a fresh moveset that's a good thing even if it's from an overpopulated series.

Fire Emblem characters, however are all simply Marth with slight twists except for Robin and Corrin. My greatest wish is that the Edelgard rumors are true because at least then we could get an ax wielder on the roster

the "reddit" half of the 5ch rumor is separate tho, posted like 6 hours before the Jack Frost half
meanwhile the Jack Frost half is the one calling all the shots here oppose to the Reddit half, which also originally didn't have the said "leak" included first-hand according to Ayumi, the guy who translated the rumor, on Smashboards.

It was edited in the Reddit half right after and someone should find out when it was included.

>Shilling
Every pick you don't like is shilling, isn't it? Only the characters you think "deserve" to get in are not shilling.
Pokemon characters get in because they are popular, deal with it, faggot.

The 64 had some of the lowest amount of games among any console that sold more than peanuts. If you say Banjo or Rare aren't important to the 64 you are left with what, 3 worthwhile games?

I have beaten and 100%ed Banjo Kazooie and Tooie multiple times. I still own my original N64 copies of the games, as well as the Rare Replay and played the 360 marketplace ports. I also have the GBA games, Nuts and Bolts, and Diddy Kong Racing. I even got Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing starring Banjo-Kazooie It's a small but enjoyable collection of games, it's funny how looking back, how much history Banjo has with vehicle/kart games.

Attached: 1550271177397.png (634x451, 134K)

Don't pretend the concept of a shill character doesn't exist when we have Corrin.

I've been looking for this everywhere! Thanks, user. Got the other half?

Attached: 1550857077192.jpg (400x500, 102K)

Pokemon are usually chosen for Smash before they're revealed to the public. A character can't be popular before anyone even knows it exists.

It does, but what defines what is or is not a shill character? Sincerely, so far only Corrin, who came from a game that was not out, seems to be one. Yet people call popular characters shill pick, people call decades-old characters shill picks, people call characters that are important to Nintendo shill picks. What gives?

Played Kazooie since i was five, Tooie since i was eleven.
Three years ago i decided to replay Kazooie out of nostalgia. I thought playing a level per day would make the game last longer. I ended up top 160 in the 100% speedruns with 5 hours 24 minutes

It is absolutely shilling. I even fell for it in 2008 because I got Radiant Dawn because I liked Ike in Brawl and wanted to know more. But frankly I remember none of the game.

FE has had Japanese fans since 1990. Half the series is still exclusive there.

It was unknown in the west until one finally came out in 2003. Because of Melee.

Attached: fe series.png (447x682, 84K)

Corrin is the only true one, imo. Roy was too, but at least he was a low effort clone back in Melee. Money and dev time went into a character literally no one wanted (because he didn't even exist yet) and as paid DLC, no less.
Moveset is fine and all, but Corrin is the only character in the 70+ roster I actually dislike on principle.

It would be odd if Conker and Joanna were advertised with the E rated ones

Attached: 1547565182392.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Or, y'know, ROY. The character whose very first game appearance was fucking Smash in order to promote a game that hadn't yet come out anywhere.

Corrin was gross but I feel Roy is the worst of shill repping in Smash. He had literally no presence before Smash, he exudes very little of his actual game self, and brings nothing meaningfully new to the table.

Where did I say Rare wasn't Important? Rare's contribution were important but people overrate the importance of the Banjo games and now are pushing this narrative of Banjo being this savior and super important landmark from Rare when the game that should have this reputation is Goldeneye which popularized Console FPS. While there are good SP games, the real deal of the N64 is that it had a great library of games that were 4-player which is an aspect that many people underrate nowadays for some reason (most likely being friendless autists growing up but whatever). Rare best shit on the N64 like PD, Goldeneye, and DKR had extremely fun MP. Even games like Tooie and BFD had MP integrated as well with BFD being fun as hell.

What if - hear me out on this - what if the Jet Force Gemini team ended up being the new character?
You can change between them like the pokemon trainer.
I just want more Vela nudes, seeing her panties ingame has left me very thirsty ;_;

Hey fellas? What was the name of that leaker who first "leaked" steve again? I just can't seem to recall his name, what was it?

It was Hitagi the retard

Quick what is your personal worst case scenario for the final four DLC characters?

They're equally bad

No Banjo

Steve
Sans
Reimu
Sword Gohan

Attached: dbz.jpg (426x320, 16K)

Anime swords x 4

Steve
Fortnite Guy
Sans
Fire Emblem Rep

Not really, I would argue that Sony was worse but only because Nintendo had a shitty relationship with a lot of developers as well. For Rare, the key talent behind Goldeneye and PD departed and Nintendo owned the biggest IP from Rare (DK). So it wasn't that big of a loss in that sense.

Yooka-Laylee get in instead of Banjo-Kazooie
Sans
Steve
Some faggot with a sword from some obscure indie game

i just read

I'll always support Banjo bros because they are just like us.
>Old Rare character designed by Steve Mayles
>Called irrelevant constantly due to lack of game appearances in recent years and the designated "boomer" pick.
>Both have one group of shit-posters who constantly taunt and invade our threads, pic related for Rools and Steve for Banjo.
I want to see the Banjo's get justice and victory over Steveposting.

Attached: a19c7278dbe4f2599fd49f32373833edf505b932.jpg (780x764, 220K)

He's the last character I actually want.
I got Wario, I got Olimar, I got K Rool.
If Banjo makes it, all my most wanted since I was a kid would have made it. it'll truly be the ultimate smash bros for me.

>Sans
>Steve
>Dovahkiin
>Saber
>Heihachi
>Pokémon shill rep
>Fire Emblem shill rep
>a clone or semiclone that TECHNICALLY doesn't count as an "Echo"
>Fortnite rep
>Fallout rep
>any FPS rep that isn't Doomguy
>non-vidya trash
Pick any 4. They're all hell.

> Heihachi
He's okay for me

> any FPS rep that isn't Doomguy
based, but I think Master Chief is okay too (if we get Banjo too)

lol fag, K.Roolfags were mocked all within the same vein regardless of DK's status.

Porky will be in.

Attached: 1547508112696.jpg (720x964, 142K)

never ever

Don't you fucking dare compare your one dimensional loli to Banjo and Kazooie. Banjofags are nothing like you, because Banjo's actually going to be in the game. Half of you dumb fucks haven't even played Wario Ware.

Attached: 1551445393860.jpg (500x378, 34K)

Reading comprehension? I'm a Rool bro, stating that Ashley was the Steve to Banjo-Kazooie's K. Rool

For me, Heihachi wouldn't be offensively bad like the rest of my list, just criminally boring. What would he bring to the table, being a jugglenigger? We've already got two reps for the pivotal fighting game in.

As for Chief, my big issue is that he's had absolutely no presence on Nintendo beyond a Minecraft skin (the DS tech demo doesn't mean anything since it was an unsolicited pitch). I'm already iffy on Joker, one reason being him coming dangerously close to having no Nintendo presence (even Cloud had more with FF and KH spinoffs, plus the importance of his franchise and his specific game supercede him as a character IMO).

>invade Rool threads pre August, smugly shitposting and demeaning Roolbros
>WTF WHY DO ROOLBROS INVADE OUR PITY PARTY THREADS

lmao this is Isaacfags theory tier