What's the pettiest reason you ever had for NOT playing a video game?

What's the pettiest reason you ever had for NOT playing a video game?

Attached: A1 (59).jpg (369x360, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OrJDjLfgrWc&t=3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Feeling like noone I'd play with wants me around.
Feeling like I'm uncapable of learning and getting better.

I don't buy any game that has Shovel Knight in it.

The first 5 minutes were just too mediocre to be entertaining, ended up returning it.

The dev team was made up entirely of minorities and women
oh, I thought you said reasonable

Attached: 1543093325019.jpg (552x826, 164K)

I died once and turned it off.

Because of this douchebag ruining the fanbase itself and being a overall controlling dick
youtube.com/watch?v=OrJDjLfgrWc&t=3s

Attached: Dosukebe Chat Lady Chisato-Chan.webm (640x480, 2.87M)

When I was young I thought the box art for Mischief Makers looked dumb so I never wanted to play it. I really want to play the game now.

Attached: n64_mischief_makers_p_7eav6j.jpg (2100x1536, 805K)

I don't play Monster Hunter games because all the Hunters are left handed.

Probably Manhunt. Never liked Rockstar on principle but Manhunt's the one series of theirs that looked halfway interesting. Only halfway though so fuck if I actually care.

I couldn't finish Nioh since KH3 and DMC5 came out and I wanted to play those games.......

Attached: 1549026499096.png (396x512, 204K)

Why is this thing so sexual?

Too bad for you, should've played it then. It was good then, but it doesn't hold up now.
SHAKE SHAKE

>insert piracy mental gymnastics excuse here

They said something I don't like on social media!

They'e not left handed you dingbat, shields were often historically used by the right hand because it doesn't matter if your good hand has the sword if you're dead.

I need to download Origin for it
I get that Apex is free and all and supposedly really good, but I just can't forgive EA and be bothered to install Origin

Someone once told me I'd love [game] despite that person never playing video games themselves, let alone play titles I actually enjoy.

how could u be retarded

I got ass raped by a deathclaw right out vault 101 on FO3 and dropped the game for months. I loved the old games and thought 3D fallout was a mistake, but eventually came back anyway.

Happened to me in 08, didn’t play it again till 2017 and beat it in like a week.

Friend of mine doesnt want to play dark souls because he "can't deal with only having 60 fps, it's jarring"

>not playing indie games at all
Your loss.

What the fuck does he play, then?
The only game I've ever beat 60fps on was uncapped OpenRCT2

people on Yea Forums like it

It wouldn't let me set Enter as jump

Attached: bioshock-infinite---button-1546669924735.jpg (1024x1024, 328K)

I've never played a single battle royale game because of their mass popularity and my intense dislike of twitch.tv and zoomer meme culture that is pervasive in them and nothing to do with the games themselves.

I avoided playing Shadow of War over what they did to Shelob.
I won't play Apex Legends due to it being connected to EA.
I actively avoid nintendo in general over Metroid Other M.
Micro transactions make any game for me persona non grata. I tolerate the many small expansion pack systems of stuff like Stellaris though.
Even Stellaris annoys me due to the gender option, wtf man i'm aliens why can't I make them gender fluid cuttlefish.

I don't play splatoon because you shoot the fucking floor to win, not players, what the fuck is up with that shit

That's only in 2 of the modes.

Undetale's fandom

I stopped playing Rivals of Aether when shovel knight got added, though my interest was already waning.
More commonly, I have a hard if not impossible time getting into a game with an art style I don't like.
I won't get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for a combination of art style and the fact that it thought gacha mechanics were a good idea for a console JRPG. I am told this is petty but I'm honestly doubting if hating an art style is really a petty reason to not wanna play a game.
Persona 3 does an equal amount right and wrong and I desperately want to play it to the end because the story and characters seem great but I CAN'T. Maybe it's not petty but fuck man it bugs me.

Japan is filled with pedos.

I don't understand that shit, than again I tend to have a preference for women who are older than me (4-10 years older for whatever reason) so of course I don't.

Fuck I mean Undertale

Thats like half of the pvp modes though

forgot to mention another roadblock for XB2 is that what I've seen of the story is hilaribad, but I heard this supposedly gets better

That video is comedy gold though.

Both perfectly reasonable

post more speedrun cringe

If I have to keep track of more than one set of username and password, I refuse to buy it. This used to mean no blizzard or EA games, and recently Bethesda games too, which luckily are all hot garbage anyway, but now Epic has been using chinese government money to force out of Steam games that I was really looking forwards to, and that's gotten me sad.

I refused to play Horizon Zero Dawn just because Aloy was ugly

>come across a webm of undertale when the game was still under wraps.
>instantly won over by it, find its kickstarter page and have a blast with its demo
>recommend my friends to check it out and give it a try.
>they both shrug and say it looks quaint etc. Etc.
>fast forward to when the game is released.
>I bought the game but due to my work schedule can't find the time to play it.
>soon enough the two of those friends I recommended the game to start excitedly asking me if I played this new game that came out.
>ask them which one they're talking about.
>'user, it's this new game called undertale! It's full of charm and heart and it does things differently than most games. It's like earthbound, and it has stellar music, and it will pay your taxes, wash your dishes, bring back your dead childhood pet, etc. Etc.
>you've got to try it out user.
>YOU'VE GOT TO TRY IT
>at this point I'm beyond the realm of words..
>I've never picked up the game since

To this day they're still die hard fans of the game and wonder why I haven't touched it yet. They even tried gifting the game to me during numerous steam sales, and one even wanted to lent their switch to me just so I could physically touch it.
The whole affair is jacked up, but until the day I'm dead I'll never play that game.

yep that's petty
why not just tell them you showed it to them in the demo stages? even then this is a really stupid vendetta to hold.

I refuse to play Celeste because it has a black person in it.

I understand, I'm also somewhat creeped out by how energetic for a lack of better terms some people are in regards to recommending Undertale.
But the actual reason for me not playing it is because I really can't stand the humor and characters.

I don't think it has anything to do with who originally played/found something but rather the eerie feeling of people turning completely after playing a certain game.

If it looks like it's pushing an leftist agenda I won't buy it and I probably won't play it.

That the person who recommended it to me kept whooping my ass in Melee with Ice Climbers.

user, you card.
I think he's talking about Smash.
And I think you knew.

Offensive use of graphical technologies like normal maps and self-shadowing.

>credits to sarkeesian

Knowing that the story ends on a cliff-hanger.

I want to fug akko

Got any examples?

Bam Ham games I had to stay away from.

Bulletstorm was particularly bad, but not a game I ever wanted to play in the first place.

Because I didn't like the way the devs were treating already established lore. Ended up being a good decision because the game was a shitshow on release.
You know which game.

TESO, I'd assume, but who the fuck knows, man, you're describing a lot of games.

>be me
>playing fallout 2
>walk too far south out of Arroyo
>get assraped by roving enclave murder squads
there seems to be a trend here

I didn't play WoW because everyone I met that did play WoW was a fucking prick

I also purposely avoided numerous games because they were sold through DRM services, especially steam

It didn't get fun or entertaining within the first hour so I stopped playing it.
Hollow Knight

Had paid DLC available or planned.

It's popular.

Fallout 76

That's not particularly petty, that's a pretty good reason to stop playing something.

Ree.
I agree it takes a while to pick up. Still, one of my friends dropped it after literally five minutes, just enough to time make it into Dirtmouth and decide "where's the fucking enemies, shit game"

Didn’t play Nier because of infinite dodging.

After mass effect 3's opening cutscene ended I learned I couldn't jump and immediately went to return it

This is just straight up wrong dude

Consuming videogames is not an obligation

Blacks in the trailer.
I'm not racist or anything but FUCK NIGGERS FUCK KIKES FUCK SPICS AND FUCK JANNIES

Attached: 1552074344776.jpg (511x671, 41K)

I dropped d44m because the HUD, pause menus and minimal were ugly and nauseating.

aren’t deathclaws in fo3 limited to places in the far north of the CW, like old olney? I’ve never encountered any deathclaws around 101 in all my playthroughs, even when level 30+

>but m-muh BACKLOG!!

There’s a rather common early game random encounter where a guy is running away from a crippled Deathclaw, but that one should be easy enough to handle for anyone with ranged weapons. Other than that, I don’t think that it’s possible to meet Deathclaws in the area near 101 or Megaton.

all the idols from splatoon are actually legal, the playable characters arent though

I didn't want to download an emulator