Why wasn't Capcom able to overhaul DMC much like Santa Monica did with God of War? DMCV is a good game...

Why wasn't Capcom able to overhaul DMC much like Santa Monica did with God of War? DMCV is a good game, but it's still the same dmc game I played when 3 came out. God of War completely reinvented itself, and set a new industry standard. I just wonder why Capcom didn't do something similar with V.

Attached: vs.jpg (1616x1500, 1.08M)

reinveinted= homogeneous, generic, triple A garbage
sure thing

>Boy go fetch my S.0.y

reinvent it with discount souls + bamham combat?
kill yourself

Because GoW was trash and DMC was already good.

Eat shit sonytranny.

New industry standard?
Explain

I didn't like GoW before, but I bought and enjoyed the latest one. I believe the original's fans could only enjoy this one as a different thing as a whole.
DMC pleases its audience by remaining the same shit, just like pokemon does all the time.

Attached: 12121.jpg (606x146, 39K)

It doesn't need one. I actually have a problem of making levels more straight hallways like KH2 did after KH. Level design really suffered in DMC5.

best journalist meme, even darksydephil fell for GoW's "reinventive" gimmick.

All aboard the trollercoaster

Things that would be cutscenes in God of War are gameplay mechanics in Devil May Cry.

Attached: God of War_20190118144632.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

8 FUCKING HOURS OF ZERO GAMEPLAY

GoW was always a shit action series
NuGoW is even worse

if it ain't broke

Attached: 1552165760135.png (1315x1074, 1.97M)

I beat it last weekend, thought it was pretty good, much better actually than I expected, even if I pretty much rushed through the second half of the game because I knew if I started DMC 5 I would never finish gow
it had a lot more to offer than I was expecting from all the muh sony movie game meme Yea Forums likes to throw around desu
gameplay was enjoyable and satisfying, I actually liked the bit of exploration the game has to offer, story was okay and it was really well performed too

I'm having a blast with DMC right now though, but I was waiting for this game since DMC 4, so there's that, the hype is still in me but I think it is really a good game objectively, I'm only like halfway through tough so we'll see I guess, but I can't imagine it getting so much worse that it'd ruin my enjoyment

Attached: 54428371_2094841400637595_7766657509602885632_o.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

>falling for this low quality bait
retards

Attached: 1533083201128.jpg (238x480, 28K)

>8 hours in a 16-hour game
Truly a new standard

Well mr troll, DMC gameplay was already good, whereas GOW gameplay was serviceable at best.

GoW gameplay was always simple so nobody cares about it changing. DMC combat is the best of its genre so why would it change for no reason?

Ahh another movie game. boring

Does this include the walking and boat scenes?

t. thinks both of these games are some of the best of this generation

Attached: b for bait.jpg (720x264, 29K)

>set a new industry standard by following the same standards that have been around since the first uncharted
ok

why the fuck are you even comparing those two?

the correct way of analyzing these decisions is from a business strategy standpoint
anything else is nonsense

Attached: porter-generic-strategies-diagram.jpg (655x493, 131K)

yeah what dmc really needs is crafting, gear levels, enemy levels, an open world, and a focus on story at the expense of gameplay

Funniest part about Dad of War's reception here was seeing all the people pretending to have liked the original games.

Attached: 1352108195731.jpg (652x325, 62K)

God of War was downgraded, not that it matters since it was already average.

Yes, and some combat.

They made God of War worse. DMC is fine the way it is. Why fix what isn't broken?

snoy of war is not my cup of tea

It throws away the tone and combat of the original series to make something utterly bland and derivative and family friendly.

You're a boring person and dad of war is a boring game. It's no surprise you like it

Holy fuck what's with all the DMC bait threads this and the Bayonetta one are right next to each other

>reinvented
>looks and feels like every other snoy exclusive

>set a new industry standard
are you snoyniggers really this delusional?

i agree with you op. one can only hope capcom will redesign god hand into a walkie talkie movie game when they do the imminent reboot.

Yeah, we clearly all wished DMC 5 had 8 hours of unskippable cutscene just like GoW.

I don't think you played it.

this is a bait thread peoples. nothing to see here.

I did, it was okay overall. Not as much of a movie game as Yea Forums makes out but it still feels like they spent most of the time focusing on the engine and graphics rather then gameplay.

>DMCV

Attached: groupinou.png (406x390, 245K)

>god of snoy is a movie gaem
DmCV interrupts your gameplay about every 2 minutes. Loading screens, cutscenes, every fucking enemy introduction. Everything.

Because it didn't need to. God of War did, those games were fucking dogshit.

Wasn't there a Dante version of this?

>Loading screens
No it doesn't. You can also actually skip all those cutscenes the game doesn't disguise loading screens as cutscenes or sections where you just hold forward to progress as Kratos and Atreus call through a tiny space or some shit.

>Reviewers were telling Santa Monica to retire the franchise after GoW3
>Fans were begging Capcom to go back to the originals after DmC

Basically that.

Everything in GoW is skippable. Meanwhile, dmc requires a loading screen just to get into to customization menu, where you are greeted with a cutscene. Nico doing something obnoxious.

Why are you lying? I've played both, dmc on my computer and not only are the loading screens extremely quick for me but any time I go to the shop its literally just Nico leaning against the counter while you browse moves.

end yourself, the old god of war games, though not better than their counter part were still fun and way better videogames than nu god of soi

stfu, GOW sucks, it's not even as good as God of war 1 on the ps fucking 2.

>God of War completely reinvented itself, and set a new industry standard

Attached: 1335552710842.jpg (317x317, 21K)

yeah but its actual gameplay isnt generic homogenous shit that sacrifices gameplay for shitty camerawork

>extremely quick
And still present. I'm not wrong. God of War doesn't want you to put down the controller. DMC begs for it.

GoW 2018 is a game you play once and never play again and it's shallow as shit. DMC has infinite replayability due to it's combat. I prefer replayable games with depth to setpiece walky talky "experiences"

Attached: gos.png (1375x807, 1.09M)

Nice bait. Almost went for it.

>God of War completely reinvented itself, and set a new industry standard.
No. GOW followed the industry standard of overwritten story and mediocre gameplay with amazing production value and zero soul.

Holding forward while Kratos slowly walks and talks at BOI isn't exactly my idea of riveting gameplay.
>DMC begs for it
I can't tell if you're being serious or merely pretending but you aren't getting another (You) from me.

God of War has never been good
mashing square to open doors so exciting gameplay

Yeah, though the Ryu one was the original I'm fairly certain.

The DMC franchise would be better if they dropped the ranking system. It has an immediate negative effect on the gameplay. Variety builds rank. That's all there's to it, so every fight becomes you going down a list of chores (moves), and then you get triple S. Oh man oh man, so good. But not. Get rid of the ranking system and you're not mechanically tied down anymore.

bad bait

>God of War completely reinvented itself, and set a new industry standard.
A new standard of shit games, yes.

Maybe don't suck so much instead of mashing square square triangle lmao

Shit, I was just about to point that. This was so cash.

>"The story is about Kratos teaching his son..."
>Conan: "Yeah, but I've been a father so now I just want to stay away from it"
>Hader nods.

GoW2018 was a joke.

>absolutely shit on dad of soi
>BTFO XV-kun and final fantasy fanboys effortlessly and shit all over XV
Based Conan.

Yes, unlike the Last of Us one which is deceptively short

God of War's combat is pretty bad, but there's definitely worse out there. It get the movie game treatment because over half the game is cutscenes unless you're on the highest difficulty in which case it's "only" half the game. Basically it's like 5 or 6 out of 10 that everyone is treating as a 10/10

GoW needed a reboot after Ascension was poorly received (“too much more of the same, even if it had a fun-ish multiplayer”). The only reason GoW3 got a lot of hype was the cliffhanger ending from 2, and people wanting to see “next-gen graphics” for GoW. For a GoW to have mattered at all in today’s world, it needed to do something different. And the new combat engine worked surprisingly well, everything else was just icing on the cake.

DMC5 is the newest installment since 4, for most people. It’s fan service at this point, especially with the split reception of DmC.

More of the same is fine for Japanese games. Just look at Pokémon, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, etc. God of War doesn’t have a ravenous fan base so experimentation is fine, and it was done well

What a bad bait....

Attached: 6e6522d10e20bfc0b2349a8c7248168c9160c31205fae3df655270d4898e3413.jpg (720x467, 31K)

>and set a new industry standard
what standard? more cinematics per minute or something?

Reboots are unironically a cancer.
Kill yourself OP.

Doom reboot was shit
Zelda reboot was shit
Devil May Cry reboot was shit
God of War reboot was shit
Tomb Raider reboot was shit

All reboots are always shit. It is a fundamentally retarded concept.
>"what if we pretended all the other preceding things didn't exist???"
The unambiguous answer is: shut up, you're retarded.

I thought If it was a reboot it was starting from scratch again, this is a proper sequel. Kratos fucked up Greece and fucked off and ended up in Norway.

Fucking hell, I dunno if I´m more angry in how shit the story became or how garbage the gameplay got. It plays like total fucking trash and the RPG system are just artificial roadblocks (Took down Valkyries even though I lacked level and gear, boring and drawn out).

if you do nothing but press square in GoW, you will simply die. Even on the middle difficulty. You need to at least sometimes block, evade or stun with triangle.

>I believe the original's fans could only enjoy this one as a different thing as a whole.
You are wrong. As a fan of the earlier games and their DMC-lite gameplay, the new one was fucking dreadful. Too cinematic, and gameplay that was incredibly mediocre.

Someone bring out the bingo sheet.

>why didn't DMC5 utterly botch the camera and insert some unnecessary tacked on RPG elements
I gotta hand it to GoW though, it was still an alright game after fucking up in those areas.

They tried that with DmC and look how well that turned out.

NuGOW is shit btw.

Attached: 1458707228381.png (378x366, 24K)

Why need a big overhaul when you can just tune up what works well?
Not to mention the fact that this game is fan pandering as fuck to a positive and negative degree, why alienate your fanbase with needless changes that may not work, like how they fucked up 6 years ago
Norse GoW it's own thing and works fine with whatever it was trying to go for, but that was Santa Monica's own decision to reinvent themselves

Basedfag go to other reddtards

Because DMCV isn't afraid of being a Video Game. It's not ashamed to focus on complex combat and fun gameplay. It doesn't have create a cinematic experience it's not apologetic about zooming it's camera out so the player can actually see the action rather than holding it hostage in a tight cinematic over the shoulder view even if it doesn't suit the game.

God of War was a game trying to be as cinematic as possible because it views Video Games as an inferior medium to film, DMCV is content with just being a great game.

>and set a new industry standard
? I enjoyed the combat at first but it feels simplistic compared to other popular games in the genre though to be fair GoW's combat has always been that way. DMC and Dark Souls will go down as more influential than GoW unless we're considering the cutscenes that broke up boss fights which fuck I hope that's not the case

>God of War completely reinvented
They reinvented it and it became generic game with worse mechanics than the original games.

Or better yet, how about you kill yourself? Sounds good to me.

>The DMC franchise would be better if they dropped the reason you play this game
what did he mean by this?

Game is good and seems to be really popular so thus it must be shitposted.
It’ll blow over once Sekiro comes out and that becomes the new thing to dump on.

nu/v/ hates anything popular regardless if the game is good or not.

reinvented = take an action game and turn it into a walk and talk game

Why fix what isn't broken in the first place? Sometimes the base game is good enough that you just need to refine and add some new features.

Also the God of war "reinvention" seemed to basically just turn it into another over the shoulder camera action game, hardly redefining any genres.