How do you even get started making a youtube channel in 2019? I feel like there's no point. Has Yea Forums had any luck?

How do you even get started making a youtube channel in 2019? I feel like there's no point. Has Yea Forums had any luck?

Attached: YouTube-icon.png (512x512, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0JU7s7OGIs
youtube.com/watch?v=fyYHNbJCyB8
youtube.com/c/SomeGuy234
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Starting a Youtube channel

Attached: 3454565.jpg (504x568, 44K)

Find a niche that either no one's filling already, or find a niche that people are already doing except poorly, and do it better.

What niches haven't been filled?

Shit nigga Iunno. I gotta do everythang fo ya?

it's going to be like trying to add piss to an ocean, but have fun

If you're doing it for fun, just go for it. If you're looking to "make it big" and start a "career", you're doing it for the wrong reason.

Even if you do find a niche, you better make damn sure you know where to find your target audience. I tried a more adult targeted youtube (because youtube was filled with screaming soiboys that appealed to children) and nobody seemed to want to watch it. I like to watch funny video game videos but I get so fucking sick of the juvenile level autists that do this shit, so I decided to try something that wasn't screaming at the top of my head LOLSOFAHNY while basically doing some comedy, as well as tutorial videos. Shit, our most popular videos are battletech tutorials and DCSworld tutorials. The problem is exposure, and we didn't know where to shill. We tried reddit but those cock suckers either weren't interested in what I called 'south park like humor' or shadowbanned us, so we didn't know where else to go, because we sure as shit weren't going to join a network. Yea Forums is also too damn autistic to shill the channel, so we're sitting here with a great channel idea with no audience. Shit sucks man.

Do a let's play while eating enormous amounts of food. Let's Play Mukbang

>you sound fat
& I never made another video.

Attached: dreamcast.jpg (1500x1125, 987K)

>just letting a dreamcast sit there
DUDE WHAT THE HELL

>Have been wanting a Dreamcast for ages now
>Tfw a Dreamcast will never randomly appear on your doorstep

How do you balance being funny and being informative? I want to do some reviews without being cringe.

Infotainment? Yeah good luck. I've only seen two good ones and they're both science based.

Is this really Yea Forums related?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0JU7s7OGIs
youtube.com/watch?v=fyYHNbJCyB8
Make 10 videos so you build a routine and learn how to use the various hardware/software/develop a workflow.
Record audio under a blanket with blankets/soundfoam to reduce echo. Wait ten seconds before speaking to allow the microphone to pick up on ambient sound so that you can remove it later on.
Keep doing it.

suicide tutorial videos. make sure to stream them as well.

Yeah I watch a pretty good channel and they've languished in mediocrity with barely 10k subs for years. It's a bitch out there on current YouTube if you don't have the blessing of the algorithm.

Isn't 10,000 subs good though? I thought that was a lot. I guess my standards are really low. I just want 10 comments a video.

Attached: journey.jpg (1024x991, 145K)

It's too late now. Even guys in a basement full of video games with professional editing software just get 8k views a video until they quit. They're pretty clearly taking the site away from gaming.
Thank god. When I think about how much of Youtube's massive data collection is literally people chucking gameplay footage into the void it's pretty sad, dinosaurs died for this crap

I started mine as far as back as 2015, late 2015 and only with smash replies, but still, it is hard to see any good growth.
youtube.com/c/SomeGuy234

At the very least, i got almost 800 subs.
And well, some indie group gifted me a game so I can review it or something.

Attached: 1519688671655.jpg (900x900, 128K)

The algorithm means your content wont even be seen. Dont do it to make money do it to build a community.

I've been at this YouTube thing for 5+ years and my channel's completely stagnated because of the site's shitty decisions. I haven't uploaded in weeks and I feel like garbage about it. Nothing feels worth it anymore, especially not this. What's the point if greedy retards who don't know how to manage a site keep looking for new and fascinating ways to dick everyone over?

Attached: raccoon.jpg (720x720, 45K)

What IS the algorithm? Are you saying YouTube's only gonna recommend stuff if. You've got a dedicated following of autists?

Ya thats why everyone says like share and subscribe and dont forget to hit the bell icon.

stream on twitch instead
at least you have a minuscule chance of getting lucky there

Hey, you do some good shit.
Keep up the good work.

How do you keep motivation up. That's depressing.

Don't play anything that is remotely mainstream.
Play anime games, titty games, DS games, Wii titles, Indie titles, NES titles, Sega Genesis titles, Sega Saturn titles, Sega Dreamcast titles, Turbographix titles, Arcade titles, Real Life Streaming, and anything different that is NOT
MOBAs
FPS
TPS
Battle Royales
Speedrunning common (face it people would rather watch old games being beat in under par time then you to struggle with it blind)

Also another thing is to have friends to play with. Just hang in there and just enjoy vidya people. Even if you have a bad time. Try to explore different games from time to time. If people leave you then thats ok. Its just you gaming to the world.

Attached: ZylpheRenuis.jpg (500x500, 42K)

stop being fat then

I'm about to start one with a friend.
We'll be mostly playing fighting games at first because we love the genre and there are a lot of games that need some love.
Something kinda like Friday Night Fisticuffs RIP

The thing is we're not native English speakers and we aren't sure in which language we should speak, mostly because the South American community is cancerous as hell.

Would you guys watch some dudes with shitty accents or is that a deal breaker?

Attached: 1550668488399.jpg (600x600, 58K)

Do something new, that nobody has seen before.

And do it well.

>Post stupid and random videos in 2008 when I was 13-14
>Videos now have 100k to 460k views, 4k subscribers
>Post videos in 2019 with actual effort
>300-500 views if I'm lucky

I mean, I'm not complaining. I do this for fun when I have spare time and I'm thankful for the views and comments that I get. It's just funny how easy it was back then to get popular.

>actually am fat
>get strangers irl and online telling me I should do radio or voice work
I've really gotta put more effort into weight loss

Make good videos that people need? That's been my motto. I think that people just need to sincerely introspect and ask 'why am I even making this in the first place'. If you can answer that, then you'll get an audience and viewers. Most people just do it for fame or to copy someone that is already popular. They don't think 'this needs to be made because no one else will do it'. I think you need to treat a youtube channel and youtube videos the same way people treat art.

I'm at +26k subs and I'm pretty happy with it overall. I don't do it for the money or fame but to get people to recognize important elements about life and art.

Attached: smug satisfaction.png (773x671, 363K)