Why do zoomers love battle royale so much?

Why do zoomers love battle royale so much?

Attached: 1552257266700.gif (923x677, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNpNkFFAkDY
youtu.be/lYbGEfoOUbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do boomers love dota so much? they're equally shit genres.

Attached: thor.jpg (540x856, 126K)

They don't, it's just attached to free titles featuring bright, flashy colors and easy UI.

It removes player skill entirely from the gameplay

What the fuck is a zoomer

Because kids are easily manipulated and do whatever their friends do

Little peer pressure brainwashed kids

WE LIKE WINGMAN WE LIKE WINGMAN

Someone born after late 90s

Cope

Why do millennials love third-person shooters like COD so much?

Attached: 1551850337299.jpg (129x251, 8K)

>no progression mechanics except raw skill
>hard (1v99)
>requires both reflexes and strategy
they're based

Go find a mirror and look into it, the flossing soigobling you see is a zoomer.

both genre have low skill floor

the hell's a zoomer

>dota
>not Brood War
zoomer get ye gone

>no progression mechanics except raw skill
and RNG

DROP IN, DROP OUT.
AIN'T GOT THE TIME
DROP IN AND DIE.

Zoomers only play what super popular e-celebs play and BR is premium streamer bait because of close call epic moments so twitch ecelebs play it and zoomers eat it up

the rng introduces some chaos into the system which is why it's appealing, it's almost like gambling

Zoomer shooters unironically have insanely high skill ceilings. Everyone is the most skilled at video games when they're 16-21.

and is why the game is bad from the "raw skill and strategy" side. if there was an alternative to the gambling, like an ability to sell your guns to buy a gun of the type you want, then it would've been better

0 skill req.

lets take the new popular game Apex legends as n example , it goes like this : land (relying on battle royale inherent luck factor so -skill > find that weird shotgun -skill > run arond the map looting w/o engaging - skill > inevitably engage when the circle is too small > jump spamming ur shotty > win becouse u face a squad with 1 or 2 less players (likely lone wolf early game or dc early game) > win the game , was it becouse u were better then the other 57 players or becosue u were lucky ? .

The lie of being number one. Even though many winners finish a match with maybe five kills, they placed 1 out of 100 and can tell themselves and their friends that they bested 99 players. And when they spend all match riding the outside of the circle and get to the final gunfight and die like a bitch, well at least they're better than 98% of the players out there

well that's like saying poker takes no skill because of rng but there are pro players who consistently win

Attached: bigYIKES.png (645x773, 11K)

Because their friends and surrogate e-friends play them.

aggressive marketing
the same reason children like literally any product

That's the way we zoomers roll

BASED

>Implying Zoomers play video games.
All they do is watch streams of video games.

Attached: 1415524641832.png (420x447, 268K)

>another wojak

COD is an Early Zoomer childhood game

Attached: 1549505718815.jpg (2590x4061, 1.27M)

>CoD first appeared on the 360
Are you fucking retarded?

I miss Windows 98

the feeling when u ask ur parents for a Playstation and they get u a Sega saturn , i mean thanks and sht but god damn it was rough

i don't see any zoomers playing counter strike or starcraft so no, they just love gambling

It's a game with zero commitment or repercussion for losing. You just reload and play again.

>no rng in CS
you never played CS i take it

so like any video game?

I sold my Saturn and Panzer Dragoon Saga for a PS2.

AHHHHH

>dota
>low skill floor

What? The only genre with a high skill floor than Dota is strategy games.

It's a trend

I asked my dad for a ps2 when it came out and this is what he told me , " get a job " . I was 12yo fck didnt got one till i turn 14 and got a job cleaning on a local cyber cafe .

>BATTLE ROYALE TAKE NO SKILL
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNpNkFFAkDY

I've had more squad kills than that, get out of here you retarded Redditor. The game is easy.

Cod 4 was the first one to be a massive meme game so I think you might be the retard

Because it is a big place with lots of shooting to do.

Zoomer here, here are all of the video game crazes I can think of

>Pokemon, 1998-2000
>Halo, 2001-2007
>CoD, 2007-2012
>Minecraft, 2012-ongoing
>League of Legends/Dotas - ???
>Fornite/PUBG/Battle rouyales, 2017-ongoing

Any i'm missing? what was it pre-pokemon?

pure unadulterated delusion

Attached: cute.png (570x533, 8K)

boomers love battle royale too

I think people forget about DayZ a lot

Maybe you should stop sucking ass.

Attached: r5apex_2019-03-09_11-43-36.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

based

They never got to play an FPS that had free for all or wasn't something tiny like an 8v8 before. Battle Royale is "new" and "unique" to them.

Zoomed related question:

2000's era culture was when hot topic shit was relevant and mall culture was at its height? Since that stuff I register mentally as "2000's era" in my mind. Not sure why.

implying that you

Mascot platformers were a huge thing from 1990 to 1999

early to mid 90s = fighting games and mascot platformers

Early 90s:
Original Game Boy and its staple game, Tetris.
Sonic the Hedgehog.
Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat.

just look at the people that play this garbage
how embarrassing

Because it's not about learning a game anymore it's about socializing with friends. BR games do that. They have low barrier to entry and are made to be played by groups. Games used to be about mastering a set of skills that let you beat the game or get better at beating others. But that turns off the people who don't want to learn spray patterns and watch hours of pros to learn strats. Just connect and jump into a game, shoot stuff, cut up with your buddies, and get off.

It's all they know.

>Games used to be about mastering a set of skills

oh fucking please

jesus christ Pokemon Go fucking exploded didn't it

And like, Pokemon go was still even only SOMEWHAT close to as big as Pokemon was in the 90's, fucking insane

Attached: ssdsadd.png (1153x609, 62K)

i'm like thirty and i still play PUBG. i got my friends into it, but they've moved onto apex; don't want to get origin

Attached: 1548974771740.png (450x699, 313K)

>litterally outclippsed youtube for a while

Attached: cxzxcxz.png (1153x609, 61K)

It's a genre where loss is practically meaningless and easy to blame on things other than your own lack of skill.
Sorta like a bad roguelike except there's at least 80 other players whose luck can also factor into why you lost

That said I fucking love Tetris 99, it's the first form of Tetris in a fucking while to actually make me rethink how I play the game. I skipped effect but it just seems like people way overhyped its VR mode because the only notable mechanic change it makes is zone. I know it's an outlier in the battle royale genre but it proves potential that I was frankly just late to the party on seeing

I keep thinking of going back to PUBG, Apex is way too easy and gives me no adrenaline.
PUBG is also pretty easy but at least I can get some adrenaline in tight situations.

Coz they like being pack animals and doing the recent things that confuse the last generation.. it's honestly the perfect storm for a teen

If you played Vidya as a kid and it wasn't a shooter you were seen as childish. Now all the "mature gamers" have actually become adults who can ONLY play shooters lol

don't forget RTS
>1995-2008

>what was it pre-pokemon?
platformers and top/side scrolling shooting/fighting

I'm confused by how people don't understand the appeal of BR. You literally don't have to even play it to figure out why.

>randomized loot and changing drop positions keeps rounds feeling different, where other people drop also changes where you drop
>game area being slowly restricted guarantees an actual structure to each game, tension is slowly ratcheted up to a fever pitch as people are FORCED into combat whether they're ready or not
>huge reward to winning as no respawning and 99 players means if you win you beat A LOT of people, you weren't just the best of a few people you were the best of A LOT of people, rarity of getting it keeps it exciting.

I will take BR over the headless chicken runaround MP that infested gen 7 like battlefield and CoD anyday, at least there's an actual structure and pacing to it, instead of just running around shooting people over and over with no highlights or lowlights.

Attached: very happy tom.jpg (600x421, 48K)

Bright colours, low skill ceiling and requirement, plenty of streamers, high max player count.

Attached: 1505434838462.webm (710x400, 2.19M)

Doesn't require any skill and basically functions like ergotherapy.
Its literally Skyrim with guns or Fallout 4 Battle Royale, a hiking and looting simulator that exploits human psychology, specially young peoples.

Because its mostly free

Everything you listed is cope except for shitting on CoD and BF.

Mario was a super challenging game that took years of dedication to truly play yo.

Boomers are so fucking mad LEL.

Attached: Bald boomer BTFO by fortnite scrapper.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! GUYS HE ONLY POSTED A ONE WORD RESPONSE! SEE HOW COOL AND ABOVE IT ALL HE IS! COPE OOF WEW LAD DAMN SON!
Get fucked, get fucked, get fucked. I hope you are destroyed. I want you to be raped, I hate you so much. Fuck you, with every fiber of my being fuck you. Stop posting like fucking girls on this board. Stop responding with one word comments like "cope" or "oof." This shit is fucking infuriating and it's been going on for way to fucking long.
>"b-but I was just talking like a girl ironically"
Oh yeah, and I dressed your dad up in a wig and fucked him up the ass "ironically." Wow so funny am I right? What irony! Stop ruining this fucking board with this fucking cope bullshit. Nobody is better for having read a single word comment just saying cope. That bandwidth could have gone to something better, the net negative value of your comment is such that it is actively destroying the internet one bit at a time. Maybe those pixels that would have been used to say "cope" on your screen could go to a more worthy cause, like reddit or a facebook group!
>"cop-"
No stop right fucking there. I no you're going to comment back with "cope," I know you just can't get enough of that retarded shit. I want you to know you're disappointing everybody right now with everything you say. Get fucked. Nobody comes here so they can see the word "cope" unaccompanied by anything else. If that were the case, they could just get a marker and some paper and write "cope" on their own time. Leave it by their computer maybe. Fuck you and your cope.
>"please, st-stop being mean to me"
Then fix your life. Fix how you comment. Maybe fix what sites you go to. Stop with this cope crap that's just fucking irritating.
Remember this: nobody wants, nobody likes, cope cope cope

Late millennials are just doomers

Attached: 1538887132748m.jpg (1024x618, 83K)

Based, quality post if not copypasta.

I like how you tried to make
>Sitting and running around doing nothing until the 3 seconds of actual fire fight
As tension

Attached: 1552021139459.png (2000x1410, 406K)

based
rek the tranny zoomers

>randomized loot
only a bad thing, it's literally forced variety, not by choice but by set in game RNG luck

>game area being slowly restricted guarantees an actual structure to each game, tension is slowly ratcheted up to a fever pitch as people are FORCED into combat whether they're ready or not
oh my fucking god, the level of retardity
>play game
>the game forces you to -actually- play the game! OH MY GOD WHAT AN AMAZING FEATURE!!
face it retard, the only reason it exists is so that people can FIND eachother in those vast shitty maps

>no respawning and 99 players means if you win you beat A LOT of people,
>you weren't just the best of a few people you were the best of A LOT of people
thinking that winning a round of BR means you were the best in the round is the dumbest fucking retard piece of shit garbage brainlet autist moron shithead opinion that I have ever read.
Why?
go back to your first point
>rng loot
>random people etc

There could be a literal god in the game, who just doesn't get the right gear or enough heals, you can beat them by being absolutely shit but lucky
It does NOT mean you were better

The entire gameplay revolves on the element of surprise and how good gear you found
Retards get the illusion of being good at the game when they survive a long time, when the average player kills maybe 1-6 people per round, even those who make it to the last 10.
Hell, it's more likely that those with many kills die earlier because that means they're not trying to win, but play for the PVP.
At best, they wear out their supplies in constant combat, meaning it'll be harder for them to actually win
At worst, they just get jumped by several people and lose despite being one of the top players in the match

Attached: 1433255379946.jpg (1110x684, 658K)

>dumbest fucking retard piece of shit garbage brainlet autist moron shithead opinion
this

>There could be a literal god in the game, who just doesn't get the right gear or enough heals, you can beat them by being absolutely shit but lucky
This happens on a regular basis. The game marks the "champion" of the match (usually whoever won their last games.) I've had plenty of scenarios where I drop in and dab all over the previous champion before they have a chance to get geared up.

Battle Royale games are for a quick dopamine loop and that's it. If you don't like the genre then you don't like it, I have no idea why people need to try and convince others to play their games. I'm perfectly fine with going back to Titanfall 2 after all this dies down.

>only a bad thing, it's literally forced variety, not by choice but by set in game RNG luck
I'm all for player freedom and deep movesets, but I've also played enough roguelikes to confidently say "forced variety" is in no way a bad thing. I mean really if the problem here is that it's "forced" then pretty much any aspect of gameplay is forced because the devs implemented mechanics to affect the game in mostly intended ways. randomized loot doesn't remove a skill ceiling or stop devs from creating interesting options for the players, it keeps games fresh by preventing dominant strategy.
Honestly I don't wanna read the rest of your post because this first line is so stupid but
>oh my fucking god, the level of retardity
what he said was perfectly sound, and retardity isn't a word.
>face it retard, the only reason it exists is so that people can FIND eachother in those vast shitty maps
the maps are vast so early-game is essentially a preparation phase where you look for items and maybe pick off the runts.
>thinking that winning a round of BR means you were the best in the round is the dumbest fucking retard piece of shit garbage brainlet autist moron shithead opinion that I have ever read.
sure, you probably aren't the objectively most skilled player in the round just because you won, but skill still ultimately plays a big factor and if you can win consistently it is impressive.
>There could be a literal god in the game, who just doesn't get the right gear or enough heals, you can beat them by being absolutely shit but lucky
depends on the game, a well designed one will let the god win more consistently
>The entire gameplay revolves on the element of surprise and how good gear you found
again depends on the game, but also man this is some funny grammar, stay in school kid

BR is the Dota of FPS.
oldfags hate it because it's less about mechanics and more about tactics

0 skill required? well then, I hope to see you soon topping the charts and winning tournaments Mr. Professional. Do tell, what is your handle user? someone as good as you shouldn't be going around anonymous!

you write like a fucking tranny
why are zoomers always behaving like girls on the internet?

>Get shot in memenite
>Builea replica of Statue of Liberty

>I've also played enough roguelikes to confidently say "forced variety" is in no way a bad thing
It's bad because the variety comes from luck and "power ups" (better weapons, armor etc)
it removes skill and strategy, and just rewards faggots who happened to be in the right place at the right time.

>the maps are vast so early-game is essentially a preparation phase where you look for items
no, the maps are vast so that the game isn't a clusterfuck in the first minutes of the game.
The map is vast so that there is room for atleast SOME variety, which in turn is just forced on players by making them move where the game tells them to.
This means they don't reward strategical thinking and instead just give cheap thrills by "out of the oven and in to the frying pan" bullshit

>skill still ultimately plays a big factor and if you can win consistently it is impressive.
Of course it does, but people who win more are often faggots who play like some pubg pussy ass bitch camper, once they have relatively good gear there's no incentive to look for fights.
You benefit more from going to the center of the arena ASAP and just cheese your way to victory.

Actual skilled players are those who win fights and have high K/D ratio, not the survivors.

>also man this is some funny grammar, stay in school kid
Yeah I'd like to see you try and learn to speak 4 languages, nigger
I bet you can barely speak one.

Attached: 1500807008406.jpg (480x360, 31K)

>gets called out on his bullshit
>starts using ad hominem
Like pottery.

I'm just happy people finally realized they don't actually like team games

Fucking based. Zoomer trannies and other resetera degenerates REKT & BTFO

Good pasta

>current dota
>high skill

lmao

Fuck no!
i hate Battle Royale as a genre, its literally the shittiest incarnation of Arena shooters to possibly exist.
i actually started playing oldschool fps games like Quake TF with strafejumping, and i dont ever want to go back to realistic movement games.

>ad hominem
Holy fucking shit you zoomers are absolute sissies.

Attached: zommer faggot.png (1335x185, 15K)

Because it has a low skill floor, they can blame their deaths on rng, if they die they can instantly start a new game.

>BR
>Arena shooter
Please stop insulting Arena shooters.

okay

So like Unreal Tournament, All CoD games and CS?

Another Zoomer here.
League was from 2009-2016
League fucking died in 2015, if i could pin the exact point, it was the map update specifically
it is just all downhill from there.
Dota still has players but not that many, league is on a noticable decline and will be until its eventual demise. League private servers like LOM and LS will definitely do a good job at preserving the old game as best they can in the same way ManGOSD preserved vanilla. not much differences but a few

Attached: gems.png (192x211, 68K)

There is no such thing as a good BR game. Its all shit even the highest quality one. The genre is bad and you should play good single player instead. Thank god games like DMC5 are still alive and well.

Attached: 1532423350288.jpg (960x960, 104K)

Wow, you swear so much, definitely you must be a grown up.

this is the first time that 18-20 year olds are discriminated against on Yea Forums
meanwhile 30+ year old boomers have no shame in admitting their age whilst still browsing a video game board
truly an amazing time to be alive

>tfw gen y and i own a switch

I played wingman in titanfall2 before it got memed

And though i despise br games, apex turned out surprisingly well. Respawn just knows their gunplay

people playing these games are zombies, they dont know any better
just dont make them feel welcome, they'll die off

Battle royale is absolutely an insult to all arena shooters

low risk rewards, if you die its instantly onto the next match. there is nothing on the line, it's not like a game of dota or league or some other game where matches go on for 30 minutes or more and raging out results in getting punished, so you are locked into hell.

if there is 0 skill required then he wouldnt be topping the charts in battle royale, because 0 skill required means its random who wins
and you dont have to be the best to want to play video games that dont involve so much gambling
your points are fucking retarded

Attached: dab-1154319-1280x0.jpg (1280x753, 79K)

To expand on what has said. BR is the soccer of videogames.
The inherent fact of not having the same level of control over your legs as your arms causes more randomness and unpredictability in the outcome of each match. Whenever you pit two teams against each other, the randomness can make up for an initial difference of skill. The underdog winning is a huge narrative we can all relate to.
All this applies to BR.
Individual players have very limited control over their environment, and are subject to the other 99 players' positions, their current loadouts/armor/vehicles (which is impossible to predict unlike static map shooters) and if there's building involved, how much they can spam the build a structure command.
All this creates a constant crescendo of tension with players dying and the playing field shrinking. Still at the end of the day a victory or defeat is shallow and pointless, since the other 99 players left and started another match as soon as they got eliminated.

>its random who wins
This is literally every BR game

>if there is 0 skill required then he wouldnt be topping the charts in battle royale, because 0 skill required means its random who wins
>and you dont have to be the best to want to play video games that dont involve so much gambling
>your points are fucking retarded
Okay then how do people consistently win and get kills if it's random?

cope more shitter
>its random!!! RNGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>clearly multiple people better than you on the regular
LOL cope more faggot. What is it with boomers not being able to admit they're just fucking shit and past it? stick to single player AssCreed for muh story

Attached: armstrong.jpg (960x758, 146K)

>furfag
>shit opinion

Attached: yikes.png (530x530, 360K)

they're children
why do you care

>be a poor zoomer so I grew up with PS1 and PS2

If that's how these games go for you then you play like a bitch

because its 3 grouped absolutely average people vs retards and kids that cant play for shit

you can do literally absolutely nothing and get 2nd place

there is no mmr in these games, so by being in the top 1% skill you'll beat almost everyone even in the first encounter with worse weapons
if everyone had the same skill these games would be pure RNG

Didn't really like Apex. Gunplay felt like shit and the weapon variations as well.

Attached: 1550613089876.jpg (888x894, 68K)

you can do nothing in BR games and still win the match

These

The new hottest facebook meme.
It was the word cuck before and now it's zoomer/boomer wojaks ad infinium.
Welcome to redditbook, the current state of 4channel.

zoomer cuck detected

I be flossiiiiinnn...

Attached: angery.gif (404x347, 1003K)

>it removes skill and strategy, and just rewards faggots who happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Not necessarily. This still depends on the game, luck doesn't have to kill skill.
>no, the maps are vast so that the game isn't a clusterfuck in the first minutes of the game.
correct... this is a bad thing because...? I mean that doesn't even disagree with what I said.
>The map is vast so that there is room for atleast SOME variety, which in turn is just forced on players by making them move where the game tells them to.
>This means they don't reward strategical thinking and instead just give cheap thrills by "out of the oven and in to the frying pan" bullshit
Battle Royales are all about strategy, it couldn't be more obvious you never played one for more than a game or two
>people who win more are often faggots who play like some pubg pussy ass bitch camper
you can argue battle royale games should do more to discourage this playstyle, but it's not a mark against the genre because it's not an inherent trait to them. it's really more of a general shooter problem.
>Actual skilled players are those who win fights and have high K/D ratio, not the survivors.
says you. skill isn't always about direct encounters or reaction time, nor should it be, at least not for every game. to me this line just says you shouldn't be playing games with more than two players, because it seems no matter how the game is designed you'll bitch about the fact that it can be won by being passive (which the decreasing arena size exists to counter in this case anyway)

Let's try this
Describe in the greatest detail possible how you would design an arena shooter for a free-for-all format of over 30 players. Provide a solution for as many of your complaints as possible, since almost all of them seem to be tied to the design choices of individual games and not this baseline concept. I'd love to see what you come up with.

Attached: 395.jpg (1280x683, 125K)

battle royale is an inherently flawed genre and can't die fast enough.

you spend 50% of your time loading or waiting for people with a wooden pc to finish loading into a new game, then quickly looting boring shit in an empty map until you get shot behind your back and die within 5 seconds.

don't try to defend it with "HURR DURR GIT GUD": it *is* fun *when* you can get to the top 3, but by design the the moment-by-moment experience of half the players is 10 seconds of gameplay(getting shot) every 2 minutes.

Next fad will be better.

why are boomers so fucking based? we had all the best shit. the best opinions. the best games. the best operating system. the best consoles. we were the the perfect age to appreciate the golden age of vidya from 97-07. we experienced the early days of online gaming before everything was rote and rigid. we had over a decade of online social culture before social media, censorship, sjw shit and when memes were more than just myriad rehashes of pepe and wojack. and we grew up during the perfect crossover period of the analogue and digital world.

boomers are absolutely and unequivocally based and everyone envies our life experiences.

if youre good you dont have to deal with the bad points you raise, and evidently most bad players dont even care because they keep queuing up.

so either cope or git gud

>Actual skilled players are those who win fights and have high K/D ratio, not the survivors.
The people with high k/d ratios are typically the ones with high win rates as well.

LoL has private servers?

how did they fuck up so much that the need for those arised?

Fucking hate being an inbetweener when it comes to this boomer zoomer fights

>by design the the moment-by-moment experience of half the players is 10 seconds of gameplay(getting shot) every 2 minutes.
you have to be pretty terrible at games to lose consistently enough for this to be your entire experience. death is such a slap on the wrist that an early loss or two is a footnote on someone's experience
>Next fad will be better.
probably, yeah

mascot platformer, digital card games, crafting survivals ( with minecraft), hero based arena shooters, live service looter shooter.

not all fads were very big.

Because they have shit taste in video games. They know NOTHING about good games. There very loud annoying like a child who hasn't been raised right when this happens you only way to fix the problem is to kill the child because the damage already broken the child. Also make sure the parents are killed as well to ensure less breeding and or less broken kids.

Hope

>greatest detail possible how you would design an arena shooter for a free-for-all format of over 30 players
- the arena is a toilet bowel
- the whole country of india can connect over the ipvpoo protocol
- the mission is to frag as many other indians and make a tower of dead bodies so you can escape the arena and take a shit outside of the toilet bowel

Can we start with the ones in this board?

Yes

Some shitty meme based on an already shitty marketing term.

you are a bloomer or a doomer
bloom or doom on my friend

arcades, street fighter 2 and fighting games generally, doom and doom clones, nintendo/mario and lesser mascot platformers, the 16 bit wars, jap rpgs in the late 16 and 32 bit eras, FMV and shit looking early 3D games, the CRPG renaissance on PC starting in 97, warcraft and starcraft, diablo clones

theres probably more

Nah fuck you im a goober
youtu.be/lYbGEfoOUbs

Dota is for nu-boomers. Boomercore hates it for casualizing RTS and putting the main genre on life support

They like battle royal because it's for kids and low IQ adults. If they tried something hard they would blow there special snowflake head off.

Cope harder

I am a boomer and I absolutely fucking hate MOBAs

Hope harder

Attached: 1535661586542.jpg (471x388, 94K)

>Battle Royales are all about strategy

>skill isn't always about direct encounters or reaction time, nor should it be
Yeah, skill isn't supposed to be measured by talent, outsmarting and being efficient! it should be measured by who has the best gear and more hp/armor at the end lol

Attached: 1549914645163.png (711x590, 395K)

They are conditioned to love it.
We boomers were taught teamwork in Counter-Strike, Capture the Flag, they're only thought there's place for one on top, and you've got to kill the 99% to reach it.

>Yeah, skill isn't supposed to be measured by talent, outsmarting and being efficient! it should be measured by who has the best gear and more hp/armor at the end lol
Not what I said at all.
Strategy isn't just about what you do in a direct encounter, it's about how you prepare for them, know when to escape them, avoid them, and more. the person I was replying to was implying that skill only encompasses what a person does in a 1v1 and I think that's silly as hell.

Why did zoomers love minecraft so much?
Why did zommers love pokemon so much?

because thats what was advertised?

>minecraft
Interesting game that tries to merge creativity with survival. it's at its best in multiplayer, where you essentially live out a miniature society with your friends filling in specific roles to get better items and make better structures. It's not perfect but I don't think you have to think too hard to see why people liked it.
>pokemon
Fantastic world concept that will never be delivered on in the main games, unique niche in the form of a multiplayer turn-based RPG, and tons of designs both cute and cool. you have to be really stupid to ask this one.

>third-person shooters like COD
Is that bait, right?

>it's about how you prepare for them, know when to escape them, avoid them, and more
you can't have a high KDR if you don't do that in any FPS, so I doubt he was implying that

>pokemon
Pokemon is a millenial vidya.

He also said the survivors aren't skilled, which implies there's no skill in making it far into a match without killing a lot of people

>skill only encompasses what a person does in a 1v1 and I think that's silly as hell.
Having High K/D without winning is literally what it means to have high skill
It means that player wasn't hiding the entire game, it means that this player probably faced others with good gear and got his gear off them etc

When you talk about strategy, you bring the bare minimum to the table
>how you prepare for them
you mean how lucky you got, right?

>knowing when to fight
are you saying you get to choose when you another player finds you?
Majority of the time, you're not the one to decide when the shooting happens

>avoid them
so basically you're just proving the point
play like a coward once you have good enough gear and then proceed to focus on just living until you're forced to move.
Riveting gameplay.
Amazing high IQ 4D chess

even counterstrike has more strategy to it than a BR shit

Attached: 1539019641717.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

MOBAs are for Sooners though, I’ve never seen a boomer play dota or league

CS and Quake are more boomer games than Dota.

Nigga we were making fun of COD for being the same fucking game every release since COD 2

This nigga doesnt remember you could play third person cod

More like zoomers don't love anything, they are told what to love by massive bandwagoning and media in general
How many times we have seen that it's just a mass of people that grab on to anything that's popular and then move on to the next thing once it's 15 minutes of fame is done?

Which it is? I only played og, 2 and mws.

*afks and wins the round*
im a god

>Starcraft 2 is bigger then ever
Dumb zoomer faggot

Because it's just deathmatch in a large environment. Deathmatch is literally entry level vidya that nearly every kid went through.

this
when boomers were kids, there were a few games, but people still found their niché interests and almost everyone had that one or two games they liked that their friends didn't

today, despite there being more variety in the market than ever before, these retards choose to play 1-3 games at best and create a big ass cult around them.

I don't know a single zoomer who has played a game that was made before their birth, other than maybe some meme games like tetris, mario or pacman,
that alone says a lot about their shit taste and lack of imagination.

>At least half of his head shots are back of the head

Based crooked judges

Basically,
Riot changed the game to be completely fucking unrecognisable. riot basically systematically deleted content, replaced champions with nearly unrecognisable replacements that are "reworks" and modifyed existing stuff to be complicated and symplistic in ALL the wrong places. not even mentioning how shitty riot is as a company now
look up "What happened to league of legends?" on youtube by a guy called "The Act Man" he does a really good job on it.

Attached: virginggernaut vs undead chadpion.png (4404x2036, 562K)

>It means that player wasn't hiding the entire game, it means that this player probably faced others with good gear and got his gear off them etc
but you literally can't hide the whole game, the arena shrinks and you can't spend an entire game behind cover. you can play passively but you can also specifically go for people that do.
>you mean how lucky you got, right?
I get the feeling you got your ass beat too many times and refuse to accept that some of the blame is on you
>are you saying you get to choose when you another player finds you?
most battle royales have stealth as a factor, so in a way, yes
>Majority of the time, you're not the one to decide when the shooting happens
if you suck at stealth or they're good at finding people
>avoiding fights means bad
sometimes you need to know when you can't win, whether it be because low HP or because they have good items. and in that situation you need to try and use stealth and escape opponents in order to avoid dying.

Their friends play it and it’s free. That’s it. I watched my nephews play fort nite. None of them got a kill or really looked like they were enjoying themselves. It’s just normie shit

Attached: 4DFC2218-1D85-445A-8A1E-940D86E5749C.jpg (499x543, 50K)

>live in a post-commie country
>everything from gen x to early millenials doesn't exist
>most people born in these years just think games are stupid

With great heights come great falls, we also happened to have felt the worst of the Retard zoomer menace as we never exeperoenced something all that bad til zoomed gen

What? People who claim LoL was a better game before are either jaded or have the "old=better" mentality.
Did people forget how S3-5 Top lane was a slogfest of two late-game champions farming all day? Or how teams could have an entire area of the map locked down by buying pink wards en masse? Or how champions were so fucking useless that they were considered troll picks? I give you that not all reworks have been good (Rework/Nerf Skarner then release Vi, nerf Vi then release Camille)

The game has changed for the better, and this is objective given how many more champions are now viable to play compared to the 10 champion pool from before, i still prefer DotA's mentality where champion counters still exist or how no matter how beaten you were in the early game, with the right strategy you could still win what appeared to be a losing game

Exacto mundo.

Young kids + shiny new thing = money.

>35 year old boomer
>try Fortnite to see what the fuss is all about
>start game, jump from flying bus and land at the border of the map
>find gun, walk around a bit
>spot guy, kill him
>didn't realize I should've be moving to the center of the map, get caught in the thunderstorm thing and die
>SEVERAL MINUTES of waiting the next round
>land closer to center of the map this time
>actively hunting people to have what to do
>guy snipes me from his self built wooden tower

For me it seems it's a game you can play in-between playing something on your phone, almost like one of those idle games. That's my guess on why it's so zoomer friendly.

Fuck, I really loved old Sion, and his boots

>but you literally can't hide the whole game, the arena shrinks and you can't spend an entire game behind cover. you can play passively but you can also specifically go for people that do.
you can't hide the whole game, but you can hurry your ass to the "goal" and just wait until other players off themselves

>I get the feeling you got your ass beat too many times and refuse to accept that some of the blame is on you
>Y-you just suck!
RNG apologist comeback at it's finest
No, I don't play BR shit, anyone with half a brain cell would have understood that already

>most battle royales have stealth as a factor, so in a way, yes
so you're saying you CAN hide the entire game? huh..

>if you suck at stealth or they're good at finding people
or, you know, they happen to be going in the same direction as you or are already there, waiting for you at some chokepoint or rooftop

>sometimes you need to know when you can't win, whether it be because low HP or because they have good items. and in that situation you need to try and use stealth and escape opponents in order to avoid dying.
so basically having an underwhelming start or getting constantly drained out of resources, means you have to play the game like some fucking hyena, waiting for scraps that may never happen or just roam the map looking for gear instead of, actually playing the game and showing off that amazing strategy and skill you have.
nice m8, really made me rethink that whole ironic '4D chess' comment

Pic related:
It's you

Attached: 1549314306826.gif (320x240, 1.87M)

So alienating the core playerbase in exchange for general audience appeal and "muh esports" is a good thing? deleting history and making it so the game is a overly complex shoehorned shitfest is good?
did you know that riot literally doesnt do urf anymore because it causes older players to quit, as they realize how much fun they could be having.
>Or how champions were so fucking useless that they were considered troll picks?
if people still play then, isn't that good game design? that they created something fun? not every champion needs to be a rigid competitive pick. it is a game after all.

Attached: lom.png (640x804, 808K)

I have this theory that all those boomer games aren't played by that many people to begin with. For every chucklefuck streaming itself on Twitch actually playing the game i feel like there is 100 fucking babies watching them on their phones

It's like the old "LOL ONLY KIDS ARE PLAYING COD" meme except no one plays the games anymore, they just watch other people do it

>No, I don't play BR shit, anyone with half a brain cell would have understood that already
oh ok

Attached: file.png (649x480, 305K)

his taunt is unironically the best taunt that ever existed in game.
old champions IMO are more memorable, especially if they were Cheesy, in the same way the Room is memorable. the whole Cornyness and unprofessionalism adds character

Attached: f15827_4006777.jpg (1014x947, 258K)

>tfw you can't cope

Low attention span

Not that user, but people with skill generally search out fights, no matter their gear. If they had mediocre/shit gear, they will loot the bodies of the people they kill for the weapons they want and then start to really take off.

And I agree, BR games are a lot more RNG focused than other competitive games. But skill is still an important factor. That's why there's some people who get a significant amount of wins and others who lose a lot. That makes it fun to people who aren't as skilled (like me), because you can even the playing ground by being lucky.

>thread about why retards like BR
>wise, more experienced people tell why retards like BR
>argue why BR is not for retards
>get btfo by people who know alot about BR despite not playing it because they know it's shit

"ur opinion is invalid, I win by default" - the post

that's like saying that a scientist who studies the dangers of drugs has to be a junkie to be allowed to criticize or preach about it

I’m born in 93 and I can never tell if I’m core or late millennial. Both were part of my childhood and preteen years

You have to love how the retards here were too dumb and ultimately confused to discern Generation Z, Millenials, Generation X and Boomers so they just cut them down to OLD and YOUNG.

they see them as school shooter simulators. gettin some practise in for monday

I guess we will never agree then.
Old Sion was what, a troll pick that was a one trick pony? You could build him AP and do the same one thing to every enemy or build him AD and just run an autoattack the enemies, the design was so fucking basic barebones that made the Skeleton King from DotA like you were playing 4D chess. The character was just a Swarchzenegger ripoff ("ITS FUNNY, IT'S LE CHOPPER MEME! HAHA")

If the champion is horrible then it's not good game design, in the 3 years i played i only saw like 4 Sion picks and they were all trolls, i don't count that as good game design at all, even if it's funny (For like 2 seconds, then your team starts losing and it's not funny anymore). I used to play old Urgot and it took me out of Gold division because no one knew what the fuck Urgot did and he was also a one trick pony with the most what the fuck ultimate in the game that most of the time guaranteed you'd get killed

>but people with skill generally search out fights, no matter their gear. If they had mediocre/shit gear, they will loot the bodies of the people they kill for the weapons they want and then start to really take off.
I already said that in my earlier posts

>That makes it fun to people who aren't as skilled (like me), because you can even the playing ground by being lucky.
That's exactly why I've been saying it's garbage, bro

>that's like saying that a scientist who studies the dangers of drugs has to be a junkie to be allowed to criticize or preach about it
video game genres, yes even if you dislike them, are not drugs.

Thing is, they don't grow out of it nowadays.
They just keep the manchild state forever, giving money away for products that are basically marketing bait.
This is the future we have: brainless consumism and proud-to-be underdeveloped people.

End me now pls

I think the same.
Volibear was made because "Volibear is the result of the game's forums' ongoing joke regarding armored bears".
Now they put stuff in the lore that makes Volibear a fucking cthulu abomination.

Easy and quick to get into matches means you can have shitty players able to jump in and out of matches easily

No my friend, this is a fingerpointing thread why those young people like BRs, which is a dumb question to begin with when in fact the majority of Apex and PUBG players are Millenials or as this place calls them now, Boomers.

You can still win consistently if you're good at the game. Look at streams from Shroud or whatever guy is really good at the game. They win around 60-70% of the matches that I've seen live.

But yes, you are right that RNG and luck are a lot more prominent in BRs than in other competitive shooters. Anybody who denies that is just being a retard. I understand why people dislike it, but I also understand why people like it. Doing the best with the odds you've been given can be a lot of fucking fun. Killing a guy with objectively better gear can only be done due to skill, so there's no excuse on his side (except for a DC).
I've lost fights with a peacekeeper (one of the most OP guns) to a guy with a P2020 (one of the worst guns). I definitely will condede that he was aiming, and manoeuvering a whole lot better than I was. So there's still skill involved in the game, that's also undeniable.

I'm a Boomer, I'm friend of a lot of normal fags, who are also Boomers, and no one plays those games anymore.
The only ones I see playing it are the younger brothers, ranging from 15~20.

Remember when Nasus was a god from an other world?
Remember when Sivir was just a bandit?
Remember when Cassiopeia was just some bitch who got cursed for being a bitch?
Remember when 'summoners' existed and actually gave a purpose for all the characters to fight with and against one another?
Remember when said "summoner magic" was so powerful it bend literal monsters like Cho'gath & Nocturne, to prevent them from going on a murderous spree and also explaining why they work for the league?

I 'member

League is nothing but sjw pixar gay bullshit now and has lost it's soul over half a decade ago

I'm 31 and my friends even older and all we ever play together these days are exactly these two and Battlefield

In my experience, the 'boomers' are actually enjoying Apex and PUBG, while the zoomers are all still playing Fortnite, because the other 2 are too difficult and don't have epic dances.

>League is nothing but sjw pixar gay bullshit now and has lost it's soul over half a decade ago

League is the most non-SJW popular game out there right now
They treat their female characters as living sex dolls

I remember, and the new direction sucks ass. I dont understand why remove the whole you are a summoner thing from the game.

that's manily thanks to the chinese,
that doesn't excuse their working force being full leftist/feminist scum that would gladly shape the game in whatever direction they want, if only they were allowed to.
As much as it's the e-sports fags and chinese people's fault that the game is so irredeemably shit today, it's also mainly thanks to asians that the they're just sane enough to keep the character design department clean of purple haired ugly fat creatures (both artists and characters)

I might be wrong but i think it's thanks to the chinese that Taliyah wasn't a tranny like she was planned to be

It's a quick dopamine rush.

because it's fun
maybe if you people actually played games you'd work it out

based insects

Apex is good but I miss CTF and TDM

no you don't

Attached: illegal_operation_screenshot.gif (398x135, 12K)

You forgot World of Warcraft in 2004. It literally sucked the life out of most dudes.

What if you were born in mid 90s but your first console was an nes

Maybe they just like playing with alot of people?
When I was young I played Quake constantly for exactly that because of how cathartic it was.

Attached: wag.gif (634x400, 91K)

It's challenging, they can bring all their friends, it's popular, it runs on potato computers.

What more do you want?

Why shouldn't they love it? No contrarian reasons.

oof

yikes

cringe

cope

wew

This but unironically, people longer here than 2016 years have seen this shit times and times again with other genius phrases like "U Mad?", it's just poor form used by retarded people to feel smug.

show mmr bud

someone born after 2002

i mean i could spend 5000 hours playing a fighting game and probably be good enough to win some kind of tournament. but spend the same amount of time in dota and youre still nowhere near good enough to be anywhere near the top

i was born in 2000 but all the shit i had growing up that i remember was from late millenial. i wasnt even poor, i just think this list needs to be shifted back slightly