I fell for the arcade stick meme. I love fighting games and these things are 100% a downgrade from controller...

I fell for the arcade stick meme. I love fighting games and these things are 100% a downgrade from controller. What a waste of money for something that makes everything more difficult.

Attached: 33545433.png (548x434, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ROxLv1yduUY&t=1m56s
youtu.be/_I_eygGYHUw?t=323
amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK12QBG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=H6KKDyscAbk
focusattack.com/artwork-print-and-cut-for-hori-rap-n/
glittergraphics.org/topk/anime-manga-wallpaper/
i.imgur.com/WQBeDUF.jpg
amazon.com/Elite-Arcade-Stick-Android-Switch/dp/B07CXJ77DT/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=mayflash elite&link_code=qs&qid=1552313305&s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&tag=mozilla-20
amazon.com/Dengeki-Bunko-Fighting-Ignition-VERSION-6427831011/dp/B0152Y5UOO
youtube.com/watch?v=hEeb9rOKn3Y
focusattack.com/ps3-pc-zero-delay-usb-encoder-pcb-japan-style-controls/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fight stick thread?
Fight stick thread.

its more difficult because you're not used to it retard. hurr i have millions of hours on controller and 0 hours on fight stick. why dis harder durr.

This. Took me awhile to get decent on stick but uts worth it. Its more fun

i dont regret getting mine. it actually feels more fun, and reminds me of when i played in the arcade. you fucked up because you flat out bought a $200 stick. i bought $20 parts and made it from a shoebox to first try and see if i liked it, then upgraded parts (but kept the shoebox, because cases are way too expensive).

Attached: af5.gif (467x490, 1.31M)

Nice blog.

Buy a budget stick, get a budget experience.

Except I grew up in arcades, and the stick itself is the absolute worst part of it. It's objectively worse and causes much larger motions to do very simple things.
>oh boy I much prefer operating 8 buttons with one hand because I have 8 fingers

How's that? It makes clickety-clack noises when you backdash?

Attached: 1552192088551.jpg (356x321, 33K)

Small sticks are not very comfy, too light and shaky.

It's a $50 stick with a swapped octagon gate because hurrr square gates make sense

>just spend more money on the same thing and it'll be better
What's better about it? They still have a stick with a fuckhuge wasted range of motion and 8 buttons.

Attached: 0eYFv9U.png (696x665, 742K)

lol you're such a faggot crybaby.

just play on whatver you like. people have one evo with sticks and pads.

there's a reason so many people prefer stick though. when I switched it took getting used to, but eventually it helped my execution immensely. there's certain characters that just feel better for me on stick.

I planned to get a bat-stick instead eventually but after using it for a few months I decided the whole thing was like a lead weight around my ankles.

>people have one evo
Nice.

So moving the stick from all the way forward to all the way back crossing 6x the space of an analog stick over and over "feels good"?

Attached: 885456458.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

>Except I grew up in arcades
no you didnt you fucking zoomer.

Whoaaa you totally know me, man. I never played streets of rage or the simpsons or had a top score placement on area 51. Definitely didn't spend $50 a week at sports plus shitting on people in virtua fighter (to this day i'll shit inside your mouth with shun di).

I'd say get fucked but you're probably squatting on top of your arcade stick as we squeak.

Attached: 1551489613989.jpg (493x387, 37K)

Feeling good is subjective

Attached: L5dV8W8.png (587x547, 432K)

>streets of rage
>arcade
just stop user

Okay, so why not just buy a $15 controller instead of a DualShock 4 / Xbox One Controller?

Why not just get a Raspberry Pi instead of a gaming PC?

What feels good to you will not feel good to others and nothing will change that. Posting an image isn't a counter argument by the way.

Lol no, you didn't grow up in an arcade. You're so full of shit.

Lets hijack OP's shitty thread and post our fight sticks.

Attached: HRAP V Hayabusa.jpg (1280x770, 72K)

I still have my SFIV TE with a new board and seimitsu stick in it. The thing has survived so much abuse. It's a tank.

Just use the dpad on the controller yo.

>Investing hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours
>To play some of the worst fighting games in a decade
>With the worst state of community since the early 2000s death row for most of the games
You missed the train user. Enjoy playing with welfare negros and chinamen that try to fit in with their thuggish demeanor.

>Much larger motions to do simple things

Like what? If you're riding the gate you are doing it wrong. Also controlling several buttons with your entire hand is much easier than using your thumb and index fingers only.

Neither is no argument at all and just saying "feels good cause feels good" even though nothing about it is mechanically at all better than a controller.

"what's better about it"
>WELL UHH I MEAN UHH WHAT ABOUT THESE OTHER THINGS
My favorite xbox 360 controller is a madcatz, I use an xbone controller because bluetooth. If the madcatz one had bluetooth I'd be using that.

Holy shit you're actually retarded. No more (you)'s for (you) kiddo.

Attached: 8RXTgcy.png (529x440, 164K)

xbox live doesnt count you fucking zoomer

Everybody just jump ship and stop giving this fucking retard replies.

Not sure what kind of goofy-footed chicken claw grip you're using but on controller you have use of 6 fingers total. Instead of an entire hand to control movement.

I do?

I'm 31. Take your entirely unbased projections elsewhere.

Attached: 1551483891373.gif (800x352, 2.74M)

Bare Knuckle existed in the arcades thru Sega's Mega Play arcade board only in the Asia and PAL region. Considering that guy referred to it as "Streets of Rage", he's full of shit.

>31
You're almost my age but still several years younger and you have shit opinions and shit video game skills. I don't know what's fucking worse.

dang what a faggot.

Fuck user, I'm sorry. Every child deserves to grow up in a home.

>Gayflash
Oof.

>oh boy I much prefer operating 8 buttons with one hand because I have 8 fingers
Never play piano.

Arcade sticks are God tier for shmups as well.

I can get pretty far on a standard controller but my 1ccs have always been sealed on the actual machine or with a Hori stick.

What kind of grip are you talking about? I'm talking about the generic grip almost every controller is designed for.

Attached: first-person-view-of-a-person-playing-with-an-xbox-360-microsoft-controller-EHGFYX.jpg (1300x955, 92K)

Sorry I wasn't wearing my kimono when I was 8 years old. Sure looked like streets of rage gameplay to me. Could have been another beat em up.

Keep avoiding the topic to nitpick because you wasted money on an objectively worse piece of hardware.

Attached: 1551944858937.gif (245x240, 1.02M)

I mean, from the get-go it was pretty obvious OP was a shithead. Now we at least know he's a lying shithead.

It was called Streets of Rage in the UK, which is part of the PAL region.

Any other type of game, sure maybe I could see arguments for them. Shmups could be fun with an arcade stick. Fighting games however are not at all better and nothing has been posted in this thread to say otherwise.

Not sure this needs to be explained to you but left thumb on left stick/d-pad, pointer and middle on bumper/trigger. Right thumb on the 4 face buttons/analog stick, pointer and middle on bumper/trigger. Is this not how every single person plays? Why would you use your pointer finger for both top buttons?

Attached: 1551423851871.jpg (529x372, 46K)

Arcade stick money waster cope because (i guess?) i got the name of a game from 20+ years ago wrong. Just keep avoiding the point. Every other box was a beat em up, autistically sperging that
>ackshully streets of rage was known under a different title
doesn't dispute anything I've said.

Still waiting for anyone to post anything that's good about arcade sticks over controllers because I'd love to hear it.

Attached: tYIo5XE.png (318x267, 187K)

i bought an arcade stick because holding zero's z buster in umvc3 on pad is cancer. also plink dashing is nearly impossible

pad

OP is so full oft shit. Hung up in stick motion like a pleb when the buttons are the real advantage oft a stick. Come in motherfucker. Do something like a kara demon with Gouki in 3S before the first forward string hits. Ill wait.

Never played that one specifically. I do know that in the megaman x games I had/have to adopt a really wonky position with my pointer finger to keep the shots charged while I dash/jumped through levels. If that's the case then it makes sense in this one particular case even though you could probably just rebind it to something more comfortable.

>pff he's just hung up on the entire movement aspect of every fighting game being bad
>try doing this single combo you definitely know what the fuck i'm talking about
Nice dude, so only half of the arcade pad is completely awful in your one combos case. When buttons are bound properly to the game you're playing, arcade stick buttons are in no way more accessible than buttons on a controller. Especially when your thumb is touching all 4 of them at once.

The buttons are the least offensive part of the layout, but they're still not an improvement over controller. You only have one hand with 5 fingers to press 8 buttons instead of 2 hands with 6. Your entire left hand is completely wasted by making a gnarled fist to move around and getting no use out of any of those individual fingers.

Attached: 1550940042437.jpg (750x366, 55K)

I can't even imagine using a fucking keyboard, that has to be really gross. Hitbox is the one with the WASD movement and 8 buttons right? That actually seemed more palatable than the arcade stick just because of the instant movement ability. I think if you could have a detached d-pad on something gross like a wii nunchuk and the 8 buttons on a pad it would be pretty decent. I found myself constantly wishing I could just hold a controller with my left hand and use the fight stick buttons with my right.

Attached: 0FUS1tz.png (629x298, 30K)

ITT: zoomers that have never been to an arcade in their life buy a stick because they think it'll magically make them better after they saw their favourite fat streamer using one

Attached: 1546965702341.gif (142x148, 1.05M)

>31 year old z-zoomers
Still no argument though right? Nice cope, smell you in the next smash tournament.

Attached: u9MU8yw.png (718x628, 971K)

I prefer keyboard over pad.
It's a lot easier for me to do anything with because i'm more used to it and it's easier to have a finger per input than it is with a pad which increases my reaction speed a lot.

What do you use for action buttons, numpad keys? I dunno that sounds horriific to me but I've never tried it, guess it could be ok? Just seems like a lot of extra buttons in the way.

Attached: 1550992147708.gif (492x376, 337K)

if you think doing circular motions or pretzel motions or wave dashing on a fucking dpad is more comfortable than doing it on a beautiful lollipop top candy cab stick, then you are massively retarded. if you think having macros (lol) bound to little shoulder buttons so your fingers look like talons gripping two sides of an egg instead of having big beautiful candy cab buttons resting under your fingers you are massively retarded
>but lol you dont have 8 fingers on your right hand
motherfucker what fucking arcade fighter uses eight buttons? let me just consul-- oh thats right, none of them.

Attached: 1456353043813.jpg (1080x1080, 118K)

I prefer playing on a stick to a pad (for fighting games). Pad is easier to move with but I hate the DS4 d-pad and triggers
I'm a Neanderthal that finds it fun to hit button to do combo and playing on Pad does not give me that satisfaction
I kinda wish I had gotten a hitbox tho

Sucks you wasted cash but at least it was a cheap stick if it's pic related. Just go sell it and stay on pad. No sense in forcing yourself to use a control method you dislike.

Yes i use numpad just because it's slightly clearer than anything else, but if you are as familiar with a keyboard as me you could use literally any buttons you like. Why would the extra buttons bother in any way? It's not like you have to press anything you don't need to.

My brother gave me a Qanba drone as a gift you obnoxious cunt.

Imagine being so invested in a worthless plastic box that you namedrop parts like it adds anything to what you're saying. Lollipop sticks are the worst version of this already bad thing imaginable, but have fun wine-glassing them gently like your boyfriends balls.
>pretzel motions
You're playing a game where you have to make "pretzel motions" with a joystick and I'm the retard?

Tekken 7 uses all 4 face buttons, the bumpers and the triggers. Soul Calibur does too if I'm not mistaken (not always and some are duplicates/or combination buttons, but they're there). The difference is I can reach all of them instantly and don't have to move my whole hand to do it, or curl my fingers awkwardly underneath my palm from a comfortable resting position.

Attached: 1551018352026.png (377x424, 241K)

so you "fell for the arcade stick meme" by receiving a gift?
you're either an idiot or a faggot, or, in all likelihood, both.

Attached: 1462475769077.jpg (529x399, 26K)

The guy you're talking to isn't OP. Noticeably because I posted the fucking stick I had in the OP you absolute mongoloid. Keep slapping that sweaty dick-shaped object around all day though though, it means you can be pretentious.

Attached: 1550483892781.jpg (422x422, 48K)

tekken 7 uses exactly four (4) buttons. i know because i played it at the arcade, something you have probably not done.
>namedrop parts
lol
>You're playing a game where you have to make "pretzel motions" with a joystick and I'm the retard?
so king of fighters is retarded? oh, you dont know that game because you've never been to an arcade and are a faggot claiming to have "grown up" in the arcades but dislike/be unable to use a fucking joystick.

Attached: 1465882423738.jpg (250x279, 16K)

the stick in the OP is such a piece of shit that i thought you posted that instead of the one you actually bought as a joke. my bad.

I understand what you mean and it makes sense in theory. However, in application, it doesn't go quite as smoothly. For instance, I use L1 as my medium punch button, and one of Makoto's main pokes is low MP cancelled into MP Hayate. That entire motion is done with my left hand while my right hand has nothing to do. You should try it, it's not exactly the most comfortable motion to do.

Another technique Makoto utilizes is double Fukiage. That requires you to press HK(my triangle) and MP(my L1) 1 frame apart from each other. Timing something so precise across your two arms is a lot less accurate than between your ring and middle finger on your right hand. Sure, I can rebind my buttons but I've been using this button layout for decades and overwriting muscle memory is out of the question.

Nope. You're the only joke here, friend.
>piece of shit
So the buttons don't work? Or the stick doesn't work? Which one cause they all seemed to correlate to an action.
>i-if you spent $400 like I did
haha

Except those other buttons like single-input throws and rage arts. But considering who I'm talking to you probably think pressing multiple buttons instead of one makes a difference.
>you probably didn't play it at the arcade
Arcades are dead kiddo. I haven't seen an arcade machine in easily 15 years except for a sticky galaga machine at a bodega or whatever the fuck. Good on you if you have one in your area still, but it doesn't change anything we're talking about since I'm specifically talking about arcade sticks.

Normals on shoulder buttons would feel really weird. Like I said I've never played that one so maybe that's normal for the game. Changing layouts can also be frustrating especially between specific characters like I always want to do in Soul Calibur. I always forget or have to swap them back between matches and it's a pain in the ass.

>overwriting muscle memory
Yeah I played so much god damned megaman x4 that even when they let you rebind keys I couldn't do it. I always used the same retarded claw grip with my pointer finger to keep shots charged. In the new game 20XX (really good megaman clone on steam) I think I even had to set the dash button back from the massively better bumper button to B/O because my hand was so used to doing it the bad way. I know the comparison isn't 1:1 but you talking about the buster mechanics made it pop into my mind.

Side note: is that game fun? it got a lot of flak on release but I heard they changed things up since

Attached: 1550940681628.png (640x632, 312K)

>
>only half of the arcade pad is completely awful
you're just admitting that your execution is shit at this point.

>doesn't know what karas are
absolute pleb 100% confirmed. this nigga has MAYBE seen an arcade from afar... ONCE. you did not grow up playing fighting games. just give up

Do the following on a pad:
youtube.com/watch?v=ROxLv1yduUY&t=1m56s

Missed this one between all the shitters. Yeah it's not so bad It only cost me ~$50, just more junk peripherals on the pile in my closet. I might sell it at some point but I kind of like keeping them around to remind myself to stop being retarded. I gave it 5-6 months, was really excited when I first ordered it and installed the octagon gate. I completely refused to use my controller again until I learned it even though it felt absolutely horrible from the start. Shame it was such a meme, going back to controller alleviated 90% of my stress from playing.

Attached: 1546679377693.gif (500x280, 1009K)

>Side note: is that game fun? it got a lot of flak on release but I heard they changed things up since
What, 3rd Strike? I was talking about Makoto in 3rd Strike.

Attached: SoreOrangeKrill.webm (854x454, 1.1M)

Sanwa or Seimitsu?

>street fighter
Sorry if you got confused, we're talking about fighting games here.
>jumping kick
>jumping kick
>jumping kick
>jumping kick
Oh man you finally got in I wonder what you'll do next! haha. I said I grew up playing arcade games friend-o, I only listed one fighting game. The point wasn't that I'm a fighting game master, the point is that arcade sticks in general are not alien to me. Sorry I don't know about your particular characters particular move, I'm sure it looks -super cool- when the other player isn't crouch blocking in the corner of the screen for 90% of the match though dude.

Attached: Qsket7d.png (213x300, 148K)

Ah I was talking about MvC but I forgot the new one isn't numbered it's called infinite. I got to play MvC (1 or 2 I don't remember) in the movie theater by my house when I was a kid, fucking machine was swamped all the time but megaman was my jam. I used to laugh every time he threw out his air upward attack and yelled whatever the fuck he did. Sounded like "WOMBLE LIMBLE BLOB BLOB". Got a little off track there but fucking kek I need to go find him saying it now.

Attached: 1551701184288.jpg (708x716, 77K)

I wish I was good with a stick. Unfortunately I don't have the time or the patience to sit there and relearn every fighting game I play just to use a stick. Street fighter is the only one I can play on stick well.

I'll wait for a less autistic fightstick thread to come up before I ask about my Chun Li TE2 stick.

youtu.be/_I_eygGYHUw?t=323

Yup it was 1

more autistic*

Attached: rPRe4RW.png (284x335, 147K)

For some reason I lost the images of it completed. Cardboard is surprisingly durable during normal use.

Attached: 784832804_2785854040_0.jpg (368x276, 73K)

yea, almost everyone in this thread is super fucking retarded and knows nothing about arcade sticks or fighting games at all.
whats your question? the madcatz te2 sticks are quality. i have about 2,000 hours on mine and it still works like new.

>it gets worse somehow

Attached: 1548165443598.jpg (450x443, 33K)

Okay, just got my first fightstick - the same one the OP posted. The buttons are shit, but I'm fine with that. What really trips me up is the restrictor gate. It's a square one but it feels so strange to use. Would replacing it with a circular one or an octagonal one, or am I just a dummy and need to learn to get used to a square one?

Or would a mixbox be better?

Attached: mixbox.jpg (800x533, 34K)

I did something similar last gen. Got a very cheap Hori to learn stick, did that for months, hated the absolute fuck out of it, but my friend eventually let me use his SFIV stick and it was wild how much better it felt in the quality of parts, weight and how it actually sat in my lap. I still use pad (funny enough I like Hori's FC4 pad) but that experience kinda opened my eyes. I'll disagree with your statement in the OP since I think sticks are good too, just not my thing and you gotta shell out for nice ones. I'd definitely just sell that stick and stay with your pad. Fighting games are already frustrating you don't need to be fighting your controller too, bro.

Attached: 1505500482019.jpg (315x391, 14K)

>mfw i worked at a game store when we had these
>mfw i have the answers you need
>mfw i'm not going to answer your questions because you were a big dumb meanie head
>mfw for the first time in this entire thread i don't have a face

Can confirm, got a TE1 round 2 and it's indestructable, the amount of years i spent smashing the buttons and abusing the joystick has me really surprised that it still works like new.

>tfw still use my 09er special

Shit's still going on strong and easy to work with if I have to replace parts. I love it. I'm surprised Madcatz went out of business, they made surprisingly good sticks.

Attached: 51kwswLL2FL._AC_.jpg (764x523, 36K)

I feel like I can't efficiently shift from down forward and forward. I feel like it is something wrong with the activators/directional sensors (pardon the incorrect lingo), or it might be me but I've been completely discouraged from using it lately for the games I'm playing like DBFZ and Street Fighter 5 where I'm rewatching these replays of my inputs and the input history arrows and character block orientation are freaking the fuck out and it makes me too salty when I get hit by lows. If this is a faulty device issue, what do I replace and should I consider octogate?

Also, the button alignment sometimes causes me to miss O (bottom row second column.) How do you position your fingers? I can use your experience for this as reference.

>I'm surprised Madcatz went out of business
They went too deep for Rock Band 4.

>OP writing this thread
It's all preference dummy. Neither is better than the other. You really think that many top players limit themselves by using something inferior? While at the same time a dude can win EVO with a PS1 controller? Its preference.

Attached: IMG_20190311_054923.jpg (1024x564, 56K)

>oh baby I have all the answers
>vanishes
Fight stick cunts, am I right?

The square gate is legitimately unplayable, get an octagon at the very least, but you'll still wish you were using a controller the entire time.

Attached: 1542502935674.jpg (744x615, 23K)

if you bought pic related, then fucking duh, you got the cheapest joystick on the market

it's actually a great joystick for other reasons, but you need to put Sanwa parts into it first

This faggot OP doesn’t know what Kara demon is. Get real.

What about its cheapness makes it bad? All the issues I had with it were very basic overall problems that every stick will have. Maybe a much smaller gate would help, but realistically everything does what it's supposed to. It's the entire concept that I find flawed. I was suggested this one specifically as a great starter so I did that, and bought an octagon gate at the same time. Was planning to buy a bat stick and buttons for it but I'm glad I waited because the interface is so bad in general.

It is an enormous analog stick, and the same buttons only completely spread out and more annoying to reach.

Attached: 1548377453475.gif (460x243, 1.16M)

Theres nothing good about them and you've started a thread about an elitist faggot genre in an elitist faggot board. What the fuck did you expect?

Imagine getting so blown the fuck out that you won't even respond to the reply that did it, and resorting to lurking for over an hour just to stick your lanky street fighting neck out again.

Attached: 1551018799067.gif (540x310, 463K)

Entertainment and absolute explosive autism from said elitists faggots.
It's still paying dividends

Attached: 1547037638655.gif (216x200, 592K)

Imagine baby sitting your thread for 5 hours while getting btfo by the entirety of Yea Forums for the whole duration.

>i'll say the thing that he said
>that'll show him!
haha

Attached: ZBbcPHJ.png (631x624, 543K)

OP is a huge retard. I'd perform double tapping anyday on stick than on pad which seems like torture. Stick has its benefits.

>I’ll just post another reaction image to mask my butthurt

>getting btfo by the entirety of Yea Forums
Thats the equivalent of a 5 year old calling you a meanie

Yea man 5 year olds call me nigger all the time

>implying it doesn't hurt when a 5 year old calls you a meanie

The fuck is wrong with today's children?

The buttons are the most important part of arcade sticks and the buttons in those cheap ones work similarily to a membrane keyboard where the buttons touch a PCB. It doesn't feel nearly as responsive as a button with switch mechanic under it. It's the same thing with cheap keyboards and mechanical keyboards.

What pad do you use?

Funny thing is, linking that super at the end requires pianoing which you can't do on controller. You're stuck with winging a 1 frame link.

>inb4 OEM Console controllers

more often than not it makes me happy because I hate most children except those that are intellectually above their age and are willing to assist me in fucking with people

i dont understand your problem. youre pressing the diagonal and its registering as another input? are you putting the stick in the actual diagonal corner of the gate? you can even hear it click when it registers that you went from down to down/forward. that is what makes square gates the best. maybe you're being too gentle with it. dont be afraid to really jam each direction on the stick.
and i just dont understand how you can "miss" any of the buttons. they should be massive and you just feel where they are. if youve never used a stick, i guess youll just get used to it. you dont "miss" buttons on a controller, do you? i position my fingers with my thumb over lk, and my index, middle, and ring over lp,mp, and hp, respectively.

>double-tapping is better with a stick
Yeah who wants instant results when you can just move the stick then let it reset to neutral then move it again really fast over and over like a retard? Boy howdy I sure hope it's a sanwa though!

haha ow my butt! You sure are hurting that thing by posting in my thread over and over unable to release yourself from this pressure cooker of autism I created then let you wander into before closing the lid.

Attached: 1544285705215.jpg (578x477, 35K)

Are the push buttons that use cherry switches any good? Was thinking about replacing my buttons with them.

The buttons responsiveness wasn't even close to the thing I had an issue with though. I definitely understand what you're saying since I use a mechanical keyboard and ughhhh they're better, but that didn't really factor in for me as a problem.

>inb4 you say that thing you already said 3 hours ago
got me good fucker

Already said I use an xbone controller, though my madcatz xbox360 controller is better for most games. New xbone controller has a really nice clicky d-pad and I have holy fuckhuge ogre hands so I can't use a PS3 controller. Never used a ps4 controller but the d-pad on all previous iterations were complete smooshy dogshit. I looked into some other pc-specific controllers like ones from logitech but honestly if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Attached: 1539060579147.gif (500x375, 547K)

What fighting games do you currently play?

>Fighting games however are not at all better and nothing has been posted in this thread to say otherwise
Because it doesn't matter anymore. Buying a fight stick for fighting games has always been about personal preference, what feels right to you. I can use either or, but I don't I'm not spending money on a fight stick unless I plan on playing fighters seriously, which I won't. Most the veteran pro players use one because they literally grew up around arcades so it's more natural to use a fight stick over a controller. The newer generation didn't have arcades to go to or flat out couldn't go to one and therefore learned how to play on a gamepad with that. Not exactly rocket science to figure that out.

Just get a hitbox then you stupid faggot.

>square gate is legitimately unplayable
To you, yes, but countless other people play fine with it. I really don't understand the point of this thread other than to stir shit up.

GameFingers? I have never used them. Some people swear by them but I can't say how a Cherry switch designed for keyboards beats something designed for arcades that has stood the test of time. If you want sound dampened keys apparently Sanwa's solution is less that ideal and feels a bit mushy or something, and the GameFingers are allegedly doing a better job in that area. I dunno. Don't you ever get MX Blues for your stick though if there are even any. That would just be the hight of retardation.

>I really don't understand the point of this thread other than to stir shit up.
That is all there is to it. OP is mad at the fact that he has shit execution, so it has to be the stick's fault. Because no one else has ever won Evo on a stick. Ever. Nope. Didn't happen. Let's face it he can't handle the fact that there are better plays than him. It's pure salt.

>tfw youre good enough to go to tournaments but not good enough to win them so going to them is pointless and you live ina small shithole anyway so getting better is imposible cause no pro locals
REEEEEEE

>from this pressure cooker of autism I created
I’m lmao’ing at your life

Tekken 7, DBfZ, Soul Calibur 4, Soul Calibur 6 are the only ones in rotation for me right now. Everything else seems pretty bad and my brain can't hold too many control schemes from similar games at once. I mostly play shooters but fighting games are good for when you need to get really fucking angry and only have 10 minutes to do it, or when you want to tear at the final threads holding your irl friendships together.

wasd=/= d-pad but I can definitely see where you're going with that. It may even be playable for me that way but I'll never spend that much to find out.

If you're someone who hits gates they are most definitely unplayable. If you aren't then why would it matter?
>All the moves are quarter/half/full circles, so what shape gate could we use?
>ok...hear me out

Attached: 1551011854028.png (364x270, 102K)

Enjoy your sloppy inputs i guess...

>shit execution
>has yet to make a case for how taking an analog stick and making it 20x bigger makes anything better
inb4 "y-you just wouldn't understand" for the 50th time with no argument.

I'm just here to spread some joy.
>and some cheeks nigga toot that ass up

Attached: 1XWi6Pu.jpg (834x696, 47K)

Pressing right makes the character move right.
Oh shit dog look at those sloppy inputs! It would definitely be better if I used a manual transmission shifter in a janky ass claw grip that utilizes none of my extremely articulate fingers properly to operate my dudes feetsies.

Attached: 1543297616180.gif (230x230, 1.27M)

Sorry about your bad taste.

This.

That said, I wouldn't say there's absolutely no difference between controller inputs. Some inputs are easier on a controller, like 360s I'd argue and some on the stick are easier. If I recall, the issue with hitboxes & keyboard controls with some older games is that it can cause some fuckery due to being able to have two opposite directional inputs which can lead to exploits. But those are limited to older games, I don't think newer ones tend to have em since they get patched out or never have that issue in the first place.

>oh man tell me what totally $4 rad anime fighter game you play you're so hip and awesome i bet it's cool as heck

Attached: K6WKR2g.png (476x414, 227K)

>he spent $60 ona game that died after a month
ooohhhhh nonononono HELP

Its better for playing arcade games and beat em ups than fighting games to me

I fell for the real guitar meme. I love playing music and these things are 100% a downgrade from guitar hero controller. What a waste of money for something that makes everything more difficult.

Attached: 203293-L-LO.jpg (400x400, 10K)

>It would definitely be better if I used a manual transmission shifter in a janky ass claw grip that utilizes none of my extremely articulate fingers properly

But you don't if the only thing you are capable of is "Lol dude I can beat all my friends with my sloppy inputs!"

>haha ow my butt
>and some cheeks nigga toot that ass up
I dislike arcade sticks as well OP but know they work and have their audience. Rarely have I experienced genuine second-hand embarrassment on this board but if you're actually 31 and making posts like these please stop. Jesus.

>he doesn't have a group of irl friends he's been playing fighting games with for 15 years
>the only rivals he's ever had are one-off fights with high ping russians
ooohhhhh nonononono HELP

Attached: 1550723510044.gif (480x480, 669K)

what even is this garbage
check yourself my dude

why is this the only argument that animeniggers give? your games are dead user

>hold on guys i got this chump
>posts example so completely irrelevant that no one in the thread thinks he was even fully conscious when making it
>nothin personnel kid
Keep waiting on those high fives, they're coming.

I started somewhat in earnest expecting literally anyone to be able to defend them and maybe give me an idea of why anyone would ever choose them, but now I'm just using it for entertainment because all I've gotten are "you just don't know because, like, you just don't know" responses. The only thing you should be embarrassed about is that in a thread made 4 hours ago with ~130 responses, maybe 3 people made remotely reasonable arguments for this peripheral that everyone sucks off constantly but can't even begin to explain why.

>unironic actual babbling nonsense
Are you ok user? I'm seeing a lot of sloppy keyboard inputs, maybe you should use the end of a baseball bat to type with, that might be more comfortable for you.

Attached: Q8urly1.png (1300x1080, 929K)

>he's making fun of obscure anime games
>i know what i'll do
>i'll call him out for playing anime games
You'll get him next time son.

Check this, faggot
*unzips fight stick*

Attached: 6325343.gif (300x300, 408K)

I just want a d-pad on a controller for PC gaming that isn't complete shit.

Attached: 1499432417953.png (881x1604, 1.26M)

Get a fucking converter for a Saturn or SNES controller, then.

You just posted mine. Great choice, user.

Unironically the "new" xbone one really isn't bad, there might be better ones on the market but I haven't used a ton of different controllers because of hand size. They got away from that horrible disc shit, then they made it clicky and responsive. The older xbone ones were fucking terrible and smooshy though.

Attached: 674574.jpg (650x1000, 83K)

Fuck fightsticks. What's the best gamepad for fighting games that doesn't sacrifice controls for other kinds of games?

I know pic related is the best thing you can get for fighting games, or at least everyone says. But I refuse to pay like 50 bucks for something that I can't use to play 3D games.

Attached: 515vQbgs6aL._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 10K)

>virtua fighter

i beat a pro player using a regular controller with my feet. this is not a joke. i did it to prove a point about virtua fighter specifically.

>addendum
It does kind of suck that it isn't where the analog stick is sometimes though. Still decently comfortable to use.

Attached: 1536987007524.jpg (960x540, 81K)

keyboard chads ww@?

Attached: 1543895043854.jpg (400x400, 46K)

It's not that much money for something you're going to be using for years and years. I think I found mine on sale for like $40.

The problem with d-pads that are clicky: Really accurate with cardinal directions, a bitch to pull circles or easy diagonals. They're better exactly for every other 2D game than fighters, or for fighters that are not fucking street fighter clones.

i beat the computer in wii boxing once by dangling the controllers by the cable and jangling them like a set of keys. this is not a joke. i did it to prove a point about wii boxing specifically.

is anyone else here an ABSOLUTE MADMAN™?

Attached: 1484627429809.jpg (374x454, 32K)

Probably this one.

Attached: sn30pro.jpg (466x466, 13K)

Yeah that's fair. I find myself unconsciously veering toward the analog for half/full circles, but at least they dulled the corners down a bit so you don't completely shred your god damned fingers anymore.

Attached: 1550391503557.gif (500x375, 1017K)

I'm not about to pay that for a 2D pad, and another 50/60 bucks for a 3D pad, I'm sorry. I have gamepads that still work fine that cost me like 15 or 25 bucks back in the early 2000s. Don't give me that shit. It's even less convenient and also usually modern pads don't last that long.

Something like this with horns and analog triggers I would buy for 60 bucks, but it ain't there. I like the SNES pad a lot, just not comfortable to hold. Controls are perfect otherwise.

Reading this thread makes me glad I've never gotten addicted to shitposting to the point of making threads like these. I couldn't imagine how pathetic my life would be if that is the kind of entertainment that activated my noggin.
>But please argue with me! My stance is rigid and I am not open to change my mind at all and am consumed with an intense surge of autistic intent about a fucking choice of controller that arguing with me would only entertain my retardation, but do go ahead and try to prove me wrobg in this meaningless debate over subjective taste.
But I do admit that I want to believe you are actually THAT childishly petty and stupid. Part of me really want to believe peopke as pathetic as you exist out there trying to shit on other people to cope wity retarded consumer habits. It would really make me feel better about myself.
Alas, you're just a shitposting manchild.

Lollipop tops are for faggots and wannabe Japanese queers

You'll probably want to keep an eye out for the SN30 Pro+ then. It's got both of those things.

Based retart

I might buy the xbone controller, the problem I have is that there's like 20 different models and I heard the latest has issues with any OS other than Windows 10, even though it's the better one (apparently better d-pad and can be connected through bluetooth). I'm fine with the position of the d-pad. Hell, I never found the 360 gamepad d-pad to be uncomfortable becase of the position, or even the round d-pad itself. It's the fact that you can only either make it not register shit, or register shit accidentally with a piece of plastic behind the d-pad. It's really inaccurate.

>no argument just like everyone else in this thread
>i haven't been posting here i swear i'm just passing through
haha ok man see you later then

Attached: 1541195215825.gif (259x259, 1.75M)

>summer
Fuck.

>thumb and index fingers only.
what the fuck are you doin

>if you think doing circular motions or pretzel motions or wave dashing
only shit games have these kinds of mechanics though?

Sticks are more of an endurance thing for me. I can maybe play a good 30 minutes with a controller before my thumb starts hurting. Sticks let me play a lot longer.

Pic related. Just bought a new skin for a stick I'm throwing together. It's for a venom that I'm replacing with Sanwa parts. Nice user made this skin for me on /vg/. Will have three red buttons on the bottom, two blues on the side and three pink on the top.

Attached: 1551617273185.png (1458x835, 652K)

Depends what you're into.
I find certain actions way harder on controllers.
Regardless, I bought one of those universal fightsticks, and I use it for arcade games, fighters, whatever. I find it really satisfying. Gives a little more authenticity to arcade roms, which feel like they lose a little bit of the magic being emulated.
I've actually improved with Street Fighter games using my stick.
I'm not that competitive. I grew up poor and it feels cathartic to be able to play these arcade games with an authentic feel after all these years of watching the demo play.

Dragonball Fighterz and Tekken are way easier with a pad for me. Fighterz feels like it was designed around controllers.
I think it depends on how you use your hands and the motion of your wrists. Don't feel bad user, it's just not for you. I'm sorry it was wasted money.

If you search "xbox one controller" it's the top one (pic related). The older ones look a bit different near the top, I always look for the flattened xbox button and that little indent around it.

They connect via bluetooth and I've never had any issues but I do use windows 10, if you use a different OS then I can't speak for that. Really fucking sturdy, I've been known to, uhhhh place my controller on the other side of my apartment from my desk chair very quickly once or twice and haven't had one break. I feel like a shill for microsoft at this point, but they really made a good controller this time.

Attached: HNPOTHo.png (670x262, 63K)

It's always so pathetic when nerds try this hard online.

ps. Maybe I'm retarded, but I always fucking hated how playstation and xbox controllers at the hard punch and kicks to the right shoulder buttons.
Playing with a stick, I vary my kicks and punches A LOT more. If it's a 4-button game, I'll usually play with a pad, like DOA, tekken, etc. The stick just helps with the button layout.
Maybe you can get one of those arcade layout pads instead?

>Pic related
>I bought this with my own real life money
user why are you this autistic, what were your parents doing

Looks dope man. Focus Attack takes a while to get your art to you, so be patient.

i really want a good stick but damn theyre expensive. even the hitboxes are expensive too.

HOT TAKE: People who prefer any gate but square are just trying to be different.

>posts a maytrash f300

anyways. i started using stick last year and i love it. it was hard to get used to but my execution is a lot better and more consistent in 3D fighters now. i still prefer to play 2D fighters on Dpad tho so maybe i should get a Hori FC or something.

at any rate neither of us will ever be good enough at fighting games for it to matter, especially you. so dont worry about it. i bought a stick because i wanted to learn to play stick for years and so i did. when you say you fell for a meme what did you think? that youd buy a stick and finally crack top 8 at your weeklies after a weekend of practice?

>expects anons to disprove his OP claim of sticks being bad/worse when it's his to prove
All that I've gathered is he personally doesn't like or understand sticks/their lay out and prefers pads, which is absolutely fine. I switch between both depending on the game.

>>oh boy I much prefer operating 8 buttons with one hand because I have 8 fingers

playing on pad and operating 4 buttons with your thumb is better?

I found this to be the opposite for me actually. Stick made my wrists hurt after awhile and since I wasn't letting myself go back to controller until I gave it a fair shake I'd have to take a lot of breaks. I have a tendency to manhandle shit and put way too much force into what I'm doing though so maybe it's just me.

I think some metal slug or something like that would be a perfect use for an arcade stick. I just don't think fighting games are a good use for it ironically. Tekken in particular felt like I was fighting myself more than the other person, I could get away with it in DBfZ but it still didn't feel good. At least I bought a cheap one, eh? I almost went full retard and bought a really expensive one off the bat.

Attached: 1546660031906.jpg (1440x1350, 831K)

Here is my Qanba Carbon. Got it for DBFZ but I use it for quite a few games these days, not just fighters.

Attached: eRI0Cpu.jpg (2576x1932, 575K)

That's the last one then. I will most likely grab it.

they got JUSTed by rock band.

they didnt just make "surprisingly" good sticks. they made the absolute best sticks and between themselves and hori they revolutionized the home fight stick market.

That's some nice stuff user. I'm just working with my plain old SFIV TE.

The best controller is the one you use the most

people who prefer octogates are just used to console and riding the gate to do QCF motions and the likes

Spbp

Retired living the dream.

Thanks. Actually it'll be here tomorrow surprisingly. Ordered it last Tuesday I think. The stick's not here yet though. Ordered it but didn't realize it's shipping from the UK. The worst part is I got the replacement stick for it already. So all I can do is fiddle with it and act like I'm playing a game.

I see I see. I've always been gentle with my controllers but I have friends like that that just DESTROY their controllers because of how in to it they get. Not a stick but one guy I lent my PS2 controller to for a week when he was just getting into fighting games. Got it back with both the rubber pads on the analog sticks worn down from rubbing so hard. Those fucking things last a lifetime and he wrecked it in one week. Wasn't even mad, just impressed.

But yeah it helps if you're gentle with it in my opinion. You have to flow, like water. Be like water user.

Attached: __aino_heart_and_tsuzura_saki_arcana_heart_and_etc_drawn_by_eric_muentes__bafc90214b1938f6861b9e082a (800x450, 300K)

Bought my first stick about two weeks ago, pic related, and love it. The first few days were awkward, combos I could do one a controller were feeling impossible, but as I've played on it I've come to really like it. Just give it some time.

Attached: 41nwqBkPAmL._AC_SY400_.jpg (500x220, 17K)

I’ve always wanted to use a stick, but at this point I’ve got like 4 or 5 years on controller and keyboard. Should I just stick with what I’ve got?

the obsf dropins from paradise arcade are amazing, gamerfinger buttons suck ass and their shell has a massive design flaw that makes them gum and stick in most cases

This is ice cold, anyone who understands how gates work understands that octo is only for things like shmups and using anything but a square in fighting games is gimping yourself.

Yeah it's going to take a good bit of time to get used to a fightstick. You are essentially retraining your muscle memory but I've enjoyed the experience as well.

Get a hitbox if you're used to keyboard.

>Retired living the dream.
imagine lying on the internet cause someone made fun of your little girl cartoons

it won't take all that long to adjust and sticks are cheaper to maintain and generally more versatile

big initial price investment and it barely matters for most games these days though, most games these days are practically designed for pad and have tons of built in input leniency, if you only play sfv and/or tekken or nrs you might as well stick with pad

Faggot

Attached: whthefuckyoulying.gif (220x225, 514K)

keyboard is fine desu. if youre not gonna compete just stick with it

if you are gonna compete you could get a mixbox. which is a stick with a wasd instead of an actual stick

stick with what you've got, they offer no tactical advantage whatsoever
say you're X good at keyboard right now, you will only ever reach X on [other device], anything you get past X has nothing to do with the controller and is just you getting better
just stay on keyboard, no one cares

>i wasted money and will now tell an user to do the same
i repeat: sticks are not magical gitgud devices. there is no applicable use for them SPECIFICALLY
anyone with a keyboard can beat anyone with a stick and visa versa. it literally is preference and nothing else

>burden of proof is backwards this one time and is on me somehow even though everyone else are the ones saying they're good and i, like, just, totally, like, don't get it, man

You mean those 8* buttons that you're touching all of at the same time on controller? I mean, yeah. Especially when throws/specials are generally 2 button combinations specifically cornered to x/y y/b a/b x/a. I haven't found a move in a game I couldn't do because I didn't have 3-4 extra buttons I wasn't currently touching. The actual stick is the real issue I have with them, the buttons can be more or less fine depending on game and I've said that.

I'm a complete mongoloid with that, I have really big hands and when I'm not paying constant attention my fingers think pressing harder = more damage. I do it with my mouse in shooters even. If I'm focusing on it I can relax a little but in the heat of a fight I'm absolutely mashing that shit. Back in the day I was notoriously bad with guitar hero, I used to press the notes as hard as I could for no reason and it took forever (and a million hand cramps) to learn to chill.

I would obviously say just stay with what you have now. I don't know about keyboard but if you're comfortable with it an arcade stick won't help. At best it will take you months to just adjust to the feeling, and at worst it will take longer than that and make you worse with whatever you're using now. They have that WASD arcade pad, that might be ok if you're used to a keyboard. The stick itself will absolutely fuck your muscle memory and you won't be able to pull off half the shit you can now because you have to train your entire wrist instead of just your thumb.

Attached: 1536638401656.jpg (720x833, 27K)

>My parents being retired and happy is an unbelievable lie
Wut?

Attached: 1508204445694.png (314x278, 129K)

best boy

fuck off you subhuman faggot you didn't even read my post

>My parents are retired
>"Retired and living the dream"
you do know these arent the same sentence sir?

DO NOT buy a mixbox, it negates the main advantage of using all buttons and only exists to rip off retards who don't know any better.

>keyboard
good luck playing old fighters without input shortcuts. at least get a fucking pad user

>>i wasted money and will now tell an user to do the same

>keyboard is fine desu. if youre not gonna compete just stick with it
keyboard is fine outside of competing because theyre banned in most competition
>if you are gonna compete you could get a mixbox.
"could"

are you a fucking retard? i never told the guy what to do. i offered him some advice based on his question. i play on a second hand stick that i got off some simp for like 70 bux. cope harder that you get dabbed on by stick users at your weeklies.

>My parents being retired AND happy
>Retired and living the dream
Checks out for me. Are you really this desperate to argue with someone?

Attached: 1541117503381.jpg (621x654, 74K)

>retired and living the dream
>i know for a fact you arent
>w-well my parents are
why the fuck would you post a smug anime girl in this situation, are weebs actually this socially unsalvageable?

Just ignore them user. They tried feebly attempted arguing with me and got shut down hard so now they're just lashing out at literally anyone for no reason at all. Don't let them milk replies from reasonable people, make them stay permanently blueballed like god intended.

Attached: 34Gw8Vi.png (245x224, 52K)

>wasted parents retirement money on fight stick
>wasted parents retirement money on anime cover for fight stick
PLEASE show us how many figurines you have bought with your parents money

The fuck are you talking about? Is your reading comprehension that bad?
>what were your parents doing
>Retired living the dream.

I never fucking said I was retired.

Yes they are faggot

Cute greentext. Maybe add a stutter next time for greater effect. You made the claims in the OP and I've yet to see anything to prove or support it beyond your personal opinion. I think the only thing your pathetic ass has done right is carry on the grand tradition of OP being a faggot.

Attached: RivalAkira2.png (276x600, 160K)

ur retireded

I’d rather use a stick because hehe joystick spin spin
Nice to know I shouldn’t just go for it ASAP though

>Magical Git Gud device
I’ve already been through that, I’ve learned two control schemes. I know it’ll take some learning, and I’m okay with that.

Good to know. Is it true they can work for games that aren’t fighting games as well?

I didn’t ask you OP

ok kid

>I’ve already been through that, I’ve learned two control schemes. I know it’ll take some learning, and I’m okay with that.
you're missing the point
you may get just as good IF NOT BETTER on the stick eventually
the point is you would have got that good IF NOT BETTER, ANYWAY, the stick has absolutely nothing to do with it

None. I buy my own weeb figures with my own weeb money. Don't have any pics atm though.

Attached: __aino_heart_and_tsuzura_saki_arcana_heart_drawn_by_kazuoki__22f6df7256e0666a3abd918bc4757d37.png (640x480, 207K)

>not playing on a $5 keyboard
lmaoing at ur life

all the current major ps4 retail sticks and basically every custom pcb all work for pc in general so yes you can use them for whatever is decent with digital input, people using them for shmups is pretty common but some people don't like the square gate/ looser spring that are ideal for fgs on a shmup so ymmv

>Using a keyboard
>Not just a trackball

Wooooooooow. Get on my level.

Please do not bring Akira into this, she is too cute and pure for this.

How would I even customize this? What tools would I need?

Attached: filename.jpg (4096x3072, 2.31M)

I had to leave something good in this thread before eventually bailing. I am sorry.

Didn't ask me? In MY thread?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEHOWDAREYOUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Glad you liked it, here's some more
>he doesn't understand how burden of proof works at all
>can't defend his position because his position is apparently indefensible or else somebody would have defended it
>OP is a fag that universally stumped an entire taiwanese underwater dance theory forum that is literally gay for video games and should have at least one answer to this but doesn't
>laughingOPs.jpg
I'll be here all week if you come up with something.

Attached: 56864565.png (512x512, 571K)

Stick is the best because I like slapping the big fucking buttons, that's why. It's satisfying as fuck.

Sure you could play a racing game on an analog stick just fine, but why do that when you could be having a blast using a steering wheel and peddles?

Attached: 1512668062774.png (1366x768, 912K)

you said the magic word and now op has to post the mouse he uses to make people beat their dusty little dicks even harder
>it's gonna be Y U G E

Attached: qMetTYM.png (917x773, 743K)

>Good to know. Is it true they can work for games that aren’t fighting games as well?

yeah. i'm this guy.
the stick i got second hand was a HRAP SA-VX. pretty old stick but the guy that sold it to me was a shmup pleb and didnt know that you could swap the gates and wanted an octogate for his shmups. i said a nothing and handed over the cash. not bad for a barely used and very good stick.

anyways it'll work on PC with any game that supports a 360 controller, which is all of them. although obviously youre gonna have issues with certain games. you can also buy a brooks universal converter and use it on other consoles or get a universal PCB and swap it out. tho i've heard sony tend to make updates that make it so that the universal PCBs no longer work.

customize it how
you'll have to be more specific
the bottom will open with a phillips, the stick is mounted with phillips screws, the buttons are held in place by popout plastic tabs, the stick itself is held together by an eclip that you can pull out with a thin screwdriver or needlenose pliers

Everything on modern sticks can be swapped in and out with no more then having to screw things in and out.

brook has almost always had updates out that fix it within hours of sony updates that cause timeout, it's usually not even a full day before there's a patch

a screw driver and whatever new parts you want

i didnt know that. thats very good of them. how much latency do the inline converters add?

Hey, even Anthony Burch needs someone to make him feel better.

Attached: 1551309863498.gif (800x659, 432K)

less than a frame on average depending on where the input window falls, it's generally around 10ms

Don't know shit about screws but I have a philips screwdriver somewhere. The bottom seems easy to take apart but what is the top screws? I want to change the stick and buttons and maybe some art. The buttons are fine but when I got it I had no idea they were "low" profile. Any recommendations?
Hopefully, never taken a stick apart. Shouldn't be pretty easy right?

Attached: 73079766_.jpg (1200x1200, 559K)

I use both, depending on the game. SF, Tekken, anime fighters, and snk games feel better on a stick. DoA, MK, and KI feel better on a pad.

look up what stick you have specifically. i know the old HRAP sticks were hard to put custom art into, you had to use a hair dryer to break the glue down and remove the plates and re-glue etc. as far as the buttons and lever goes its easy. you dont need a soldering iron or anything, just a screw driver. the ball top will screw off the lever and then you pull it out through the underside of the plate

Yes, it's very easy. At most you might need this if you're replacing your stick with a sanwa one.
amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK12QBG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't think it really matters what kind of buttons you get as long as they aren't plungers. Buttons really depend on how you like the feel. Sanwa are good and what I use, but they're super super light so if you don't like that go for something like a Crown SDB-201. Haven't used them but I heard they are clickier.

the top panel bolts are held in by washers, if you need to remove them to put on plexi you'll need to get a hex key, not going to look it up but that stick looks like the top art is lami-label, you'll want to peel it off and buy plexi from somewhere like tek innovations to put over art you print, places like tek will print and cut your art too if you're lazy

Whatever you do, MAKE SURE you take pictures of the setup before you take anything apart. Otherwise you’ll be playing the guessing game

It is the Hori Real Arcade Pro N Hayabusa. I think it is glued on.
That looks pretty neat user will look into that.
I have a hex key but it seems like it is too big and it the washers are round. Never heard of Tek innovations but that will be my last step. I should be able to draw something ok-ish since there is zero fucking art on most UNIST characters.

Here user this might help.
youtube.com/watch?v=H6KKDyscAbk

focusattack.com/artwork-print-and-cut-for-hori-rap-n/

you'll need to look up a guide on replacing the plexi. at this point my stick is so old that i think its aesthetics speak for themselves so i've never looked into doing a custom job.

if the washers are round then they're held in with hex bolts underneath and you need a hex socket wrench to undo them, generally 3mm but you should measure to make sure

screwheads rather not washers obv.
this vid. would suggest that they're keyed heads and your picture looks like 2.5mm hex heads, they don't look round to me but it's a little hard to tell

Holy hell. I have to take it completely apart to replace the cover/art it seems. So I might as well do it all at once.
Neat

It's better imo. Microdashes become so much easier.

Attached: Razer+Panthera+Review+Main.jpg (1000x750, 702K)

Anyone up for Dengeki bunko fighting climax?

Attached: Parental_Abuse.webm (426x240, 2.96M)

Attached: mkstk.jpg (2000x1067, 1.46M)

>mayflash
well there's your problem.

Picked up one of these the other day and so far I really like it. Smarter layout and design than the RAP3SA I was using until now. The lever and buttons are both Hayabusa brand which I'm, so far, liking more than both Sanwa and Seimitsu. Especially the lever.

The one thing I dislike about the new design is that it omits the L3 and R3 buttons which it turns are more important to have than you realize.

Attached: 51sJVy-zp1L._SX679_.jpg (679x288, 23K)

>Razer Panthera
Yo seriously for real? Isn't that shit like ludicrously expensive?

Is that Miku?
How are the buttons?
I would if it wasn't 65 bucks for the ps4

>Paying less than $250 on a stick

Hahahaha! Really!? Please help me.

Attached: 1516918732788.gif (500x411, 178K)

That's pretty sick user. What's the picture of?

All you gay ass niggas with anime bitches on your fight sticks.
You need to step it up and use a true man's fight stick like this.

Attached: DMLtAngXcAABWTT.jpg (1097x640, 79K)

Looks like Miku's module
glittergraphics.org/topk/anime-manga-wallpaper/

Yes, cost me £200.
Fucking phenomenal. It's very responsive and virtually no lag input for SFV, my main gripe was the cable.

Attached: 1516499521819.gif (489x417, 1.17M)

Attached: 1548885583661.png (270x321, 21K)

I paid $200 for my HRAP V Hayabusa, Razer Panthera here is like $350. Okay granted I do live in Aus so sticks in stores are very rare to find and usually have to import from playasia or so.

The arcade stick is suppost to be used while emulation arcade games and some games are better with an arcade stick like there are some rts games that are great with it.

>£200.
Fuck me user, why not just fly to Japan and just buy a stick and then fly back, it would probably cost you less overall and you'll get a holiday and play some video games.

I got the SC TE and yeah, it just does not stop

Probably gonna finally get a hitbox when it dies, if that ever even happens.

Sure

Attached: 20181103_100548.jpg (4032x3024, 3.5M)

Well now you can main Zangief. Also try using it with MAME.

how much do you think plane tickets cost

I don’t want to read or do a lot of research, what a good stick out of the box for less than 100? is the hori stick on Amazon good (yes I know it’s more than 100)

I think the reason they don't work for many people is because your posture isn't the same as using arcade sticks. No one plays arcade games with the stick sitting on their lap, or on a table more or less at waist height (although this is closer). They're either standing or sitting with the stick in an arms reaching down position and no way of repositioning the stick, you can only reposition yourself.

So the actual "retro feel" just isn't the same. If you want that you'd have to buy an actual cabinet.

Attached: Quiet.webm (960x540, 2.84M)

What HORI stick? If it's a hrap it should be good. Hayabusa buttons and stick most likely but you can switch them out latter if you like.

This or this for artwork on my stick?
i.imgur.com/WQBeDUF.jpg

Attached: Megurine.Luka.full.548036.jpg (1600x900, 902K)

>the hori stick
You're going to have to narrow it down. Hori has over 80 models of sticks.

Out of the box not modding the best you can do is probably this.
amazon.com/Elite-Arcade-Stick-Android-Switch/dp/B07CXJ77DT/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=mayflash elite&link_code=qs&qid=1552313305&s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&tag=mozilla-20

But i'd really suggest just buying a f500 or f300 and modding that yourself.

If you mean the $150 one then yeah it's decent.

I like the Luka one more but it looks like most of the design will be covered by buttons, maybe flip it?

I like the one you posted. It looks more elegant. But the second one might work better with the button placement.

Weird, I had the opposite experience. I bought a stick and love using it but I'm not really a fan of fighting games.

Was thinking the same thing. I like both, wish Orie would have more art. Drawing her is a pain. While Luka has so much art to chose from online.

>I would if it wasn't 65 bucks for the ps4
It isn't, well at least I got it for £30

>L3 and R3

they're on the side

amazon.com/Dengeki-Bunko-Fighting-Ignition-VERSION-6427831011/dp/B0152Y5UOO
:/ I already have the ps vita version but that one doesn't have Emi in it.

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=hEeb9rOKn3Y

you RETARD. sticks are potentially better because you use multiple fingers for your buttons while you mainly use 1 finger on a controller for most of your buttons.

it's like typing with 10 fingers versus typing with 2.

i played on pad for years then adapted within like 3 days to a stick.
some games are objectively better on pad though, mainly mortal kombat and dead or alive. my te2 broke however and now i have to learn tekken 7 on a pad which is absolute hell because i main king and the rolling death cradle input on a pad is nearly fucking impossible.
that being said im getting a new stick when i get my paycheck, what do yall think about the qanba obsidan?

people say it takes weeks/months to get back to the same level. but you'll get there eventually.

that's not really the main reason they're better, no
sometimes it is easier to push certain combos on stick yes but only really old games don't have ingame macros and face + shoulder isn't that hard to do

the main reason they're better is actually something that doesn't matter to everyone,
if you get a decent adrenaline dump your fine motor control goes to shit and the imprecision inherent in the stick actuation zones and the larger muscle groups involved will be much easier to be accurate with under pressure than just moving your thumb

i wouldnt say so, it really depends on the game. i picked up sf4 and actually got significantly better after i bought a stick

What's the best way to go about learning stick? I have a Hori Rap 4, but it feels like I can't ever learn it whenever I try to bust it out. Everything about it just feels awkward.

do you use it for other games?

>DOA objectively better on pad
How so? I enjoy playing 6 on my sticks and have a difficult time using my PS4 controller.

i shouldnt have said objective for doa, just for mk. what i meant is i greatly prefer doa on a pad simply because i pull off the inputs more easily. i dont know why i might just be autistic

You need to sit down and actually drill the motions and make sure you're executing them correctly. You only need to hit them 5-10m a day but do it every day and in a few weeks you'll have smoothed out most of your flaws. In terms of everything being natural it's still just a matter of playtime.

Is this the most retarded arcade stick layout ever made?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

I bought a hori mini stick to try out fightsticks and I actually really enjoy it. My only problem is that it's really cramped and I can't get a good purchase on things comfortably.
Would a mayflash f500 be a good step up for something bigger and better but not break the bank? I see a lot of people praise the rap 4 but I don't know if I play fightan seriously enough to drop that kind of money on a stick yet.

No, you already wasted the money on one budget stick don't buy another. If you don't want to pay at least $140 for one of the HRAP4s then don't bother, you will regret anything cheaper just like how you have regrets about buying the budget stick you already have.

Boy howdy if I didn't explain this like 7 times throughout the thread. You have access to LESS BUTTONS AT ONCE on an arcade stick. This is not even arguable. I'm not gonna hold another person's hand through it, if this isn't obvious to you then you're already far beyond help.

Attached: P668R2S.png (441x549, 412K)

Etokki Omni and TES+ checking in

Attached: Screenshot (18).png (1086x823, 1.13M)

you can get used premium sticks for under 100. the stock parts in the f500 are budget parts so you'll have to upgrade it with premium shit if you want an actual upgrade over the hori mini.

on the other hand, if you ever wanted to mod a controller/stick, the f500 is good starting point. its a cheap stick so its not like youre drawing over the mona lisa like if you mod a real premium stick. and its designed with modification in mind so its like lego.

>5 fingers for 4-8 buttons
>1 thumb and index and middle finger for 6 buttons

do you maths?

Why

Attached: spider-verse_post-credits_primary.jpg (825x464, 54K)

You are unironically putting yourself at a disatvantage by using pad. Especially for arc sys games. Have fun breaking your thumb doing dashes in combos, IADs and just dropping inputs left and right. Most japanese fgs are made for sticks

Except once you swap all the f500 parts for sanwa you're very close to the price of a HRAP4 except your shell and pcb are still worse.

Buying a used stick is a great idea especially since you can swap out anything degraded, but DO NOT BUY BUDGET STICKS. Building in a cardboard shell is a better idea than buying a f500. DO NOT BUY BUDGET.

Why would the PCB matter?

yeah but
>playing arcsys games

Did someone actual manufacture that or is it a custom layout? I assume it was made in the US considering the stick.

did you make the one on the bottom left? looks nice. is there a guide?

i agree but if you want a stick that you can mod without reducing its value or prestige or whatever you wanna call it then the f500 is a good choice imo. like i wouldnt buy a qanba obsidian just to start pulling parts out of it. and i wouldnt get a second hand TE2 and then fuck around with what is a tried and true design.

i'm saying a learning exercise that fucking up an f500 is much better idea than fucking up a stick that is tournament standard right outta the box.

>You have access to LESS BUTTONS AT ONCE on an arcade stick
how does that make sense in your mind? on stick you can push several buttons at once and all kinds of combinations with ease. you can barely do the same on pad.

How the fuck do I even use Bison with a circular stick?

Cheap PCBs have more input latency and are more prone to developing serious hardware issues like disconnecting and dropping inputs, and if the PCB develops issues then replacing it will run you minimum $40 unless you only care about PC play.

sorry square.

Six fingers used on controller for all buttons being touched at once in neutral.
vs
5 fingers on 5 buttons with your entire left hand balled up negating every digit on it to control just movement and having to adjust your right hand to reach any other than the 5 they rest on in neutral.

6 fingers for 8 buttons +movement
vs
all 10 fingers for 5 buttons +movement

Looks like I really did have to walk you through it after all. Turn your fucking brain on.

Attached: 2612462765865345.png (433x424, 353K)

That is the point. You are using just your thumb for four buttons, making it particularly less intuitive to hit them individually with a precise timing, or to hit odder combinations properly (e.g. A and Y or B and X on the xbox controller).

Pianoing is similarly more difficult. Not impossible, simply more difficult.

Stop trying to make pad players look retarded.

>unless you only care about PC play.
What do you mean? Sorry I don't really know anything about fighting stick pcbs.

I bought an old PS3 TE Madcatz for like 70 bucks a few years back and had fun using it. It's not compatible at all with modern PCs due to some USB port shenanigans or some shit, but I really like using it when I can. What helps is learning a brand new game with the stick. If you have to unlearn a pad control method, it's gonna be a bit tougher.

xinput PCBs are cheaper than console ones

You absolutely can. It's less intuitive though.

idk why does he have a lot of qcf inputs? I mainly play tekken and arc sys games

Attached: 1547817539109.jpg (250x250, 71K)

This PCB is really good for the price but only works on PS3/PC so you need a converter ($30-40) or a PS4 pcb (usually $40+)

>Pianoing
>mfw playing vsav and having to piano into my shoulder buttons

Attached: 1546124142038.png (191x172, 35K)

Occasionally arcade games

>A/Y B/X
Name a game that has these as legitimate single inputs and they aren't also bound to another single button press like bumpers or triggers. No fighting game would do this without alternates or at the very least being able to be rebound.

>damage control because he actually imagined he had a good argument until he thought about it for .03 seconds
>n-no you're retarded

Attached: 97pVMUE.png (613x308, 200K)

Nobody thinks you're actually using "all 10 fingers" to push buttons on your pad dude. Even genuine retards will see that you're just falseflagging for attention at this point, you pushed it way too far, better luck next time.

I'm s simple man of simple tastes.

Attached: benom.jpg (466x298, 15K)

Holy fuck. You're not even trolling. You're legitimately so stupid that you think I meant 10 fingers on a controller and not on the fucking arcade stick hahaha. Where did you think I meant the 6 fingers were you dumb shit?

Count with me user: How many fingers does mr left hand have? Correct!
And how many fingers does your right hand have? Very good!

Now, for the gold star on the calendar: when you're using your arcade stick, how many of your fingers are being used?

Attached: 8745877.gif (434x477, 257K)

get on my level

Attached: fpst.png (1367x800, 2.13M)

>Count with me user: How many fingers does mr left hand have? Correct!
>And how many fingers does your right hand have? Very good!
Why are you talking to yourself?

I think it's the official MK9 stick.

What exactly is different about cheapo parts vs nice parts? I don't mind paying 150 or so if it's a big difference, I just don't know what to expect from a nice stick other than I'm guessing better or more robust build quality.
Is 150 or so considered the border for budget vs non budget?

MK Cabinets had the same layout, so I assume it's an official stick like said

Would Sanwa OBSF 30mm's fit on the Tekken 7 fightstick?

cringe

Haha yeah buddy that's what I thought. Better luck next time.

Attached: 1518243874229.gif (375x375, 179K)

Better switches, better quality parts. Real Sanwas are pretty comparable to cherry red keyboard switches, you barely have to touch them for them to actuate, and they're very snappy. A sanwa stick pcb has similar switches, you only need to move a few mm for actuation where some crappier sticks you have to gateride which makes your throws slower/sloppier.

The cutoff is just $150ish because that's how much a HRAP4 costs, probably around $50 of that is the actual shell as a set of top quality parts is around $100. Note though that would actually give you a better PCB than the base HRAP4 since custom PCBs are mostly only high end.

Considering you can frequently get used sticks at $100 with all Sanwa parts, and considering how many issues you'll have with any budget stick it's just not a good idea to buy anything cheaper than a HRAP4.

So now you want us to think you cut off 4 fingers to use your pad? You wouldn't be able to hold it if you did that. Put in more effort, please. This is getting boring.

Yeah I prefer Hayabusa over Sanwa. Kuro was straight up garbage.

If I saw someone using this try to sit down to play I would just get up and leave. Attention whores that use dumb shit like this don't deserve your time.

I got this for 65 euros. Second hand sticks are amazing value.

>comparable to cherry red keyboard switches
That helps a lot, and sold me on it. thanks user, I'll see if I can find a rap 4 or something similar on sale some time.

Attached: 1520352444407.jpg (540x539, 69K)

If I went into someones room and saw a fight stick I would leave and never talk to that person ever again.

The average person has less than 10 fingers though

Image got eaten. It's a good stick with PC compatibility and a 0ms latency PCB as standard. Obviously uses quality sanwa parts

Attached: IMG_20190311_152727.jpg (3968x2976, 2.04M)

I should note that the HRAP4 doesn't use Sanwa buttons though, it uses Hayabusa buttons. They're very similar quality but a little softer and not quite as snappy. Replacement buttons are fairly cheap down the line though if you feel like it.

Attached: Games - Hardware - FightStick Q4RAF.jpg (1500x1125, 483K)

They're more responsive than Sanwas, brutally so. I can't even rest my hands on them. The Sanwa being quality meme needs to die.

I bought a cheapo custom stick from a yard sale and it runs good enough on PC, but I can't identify it. There are no markings on it or inside it that tell me what console it's for.
How do I figure out what console an unknown stick is for? don't know what converter to get.

Attached: 1551660893101.jpg (640x480, 55K)

there must be at least a serial on it somewhere
take a picture of the pcb

By posting a picture? What connector does it use USB? That should narrow it down quite a bit. Since those haven't been on consoles for too long.

I really hate that they don't make smaller arcade sticks any more, this one died after 7 years and no other stick felt good to me ever since. I really hate how every new school arcade stick has to be xbox huge to make it as inconvenient as possible to take to locals. Take the padpill, it only takes a few days to get your execution back to what it was.

Attached: 1535778355178.jpg (625x352, 37K)

As a zoomer with a stick when I first got it id play nothing but fighting games for a week and It felt natural after like a week

I hate using a pad now though

Attached: yuyukostick.jpg (2048x1152, 246K)

i took a quick pick of the insides, i saw something that says "bosega joystick" on the pcb but idk if it means anything for the console type. usb connection btw

Attached: guts.jpg (1024x498, 86K)

keyboard > hitbox > f-stick > controla

theres loads of small sticks now mate. the qanba drone comes to mind right away

>My favorite xbox 360 controller is a madcatz

Attached: 1544961208323.jpg (640x480, 42K)

sticks are just preference. if you're older and grew up playing fighters on actual arcades, you had no choice but to play with arcade stick.
if you're mid/late 90's and only got into fighters on PS1/PS2 with no arcade sticks, controllers are the way to go.
i bought a stick too but my performance even after months of trying to get used to it went down the shitter when playing Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, now I only use controller.

Fairly sure the best dpads are better than these for high end play

Only reason 50% of fighters use them over standard controller is sponsorship deals or they don't like some thing about stock controller

I would like to know what best dpad is

Is it Nintendo Wii classic controllers? Is it genisis?

I've basically reached a point where I don't care about analogue sticks or analogue triggers and the only reason I would own a controller is dpad

People have said you can use a mechanical keyboard as fast as good dpad for fighting games but I'm not convinced will work with Z moves n such

I'm a zoomer with no arcade experience but i've never been able to do shit with a controller switching to stick made things easier and more comfortable for me but it's just preference as you said

Attached: 1541138143418.jpg (1360x1344, 171K)

>unwittingly spending all that money for something that will obviously fuck with your muscle memory

Well its true arm movements are faster than finger movements by 80ms or so

But you can roll a finger over a dpad very fast I expect its close

Dpad is better for registering speed (as in how fast you can enter/complete complex moves

Stick is better for reaction time

If you a proactive in ya game use dpad if you reactive use stick

Lots of the pro players switch between the two its also used as a method to psyc out ya opponent and what play style you will show to be using ..

Some are just wise cunts and only use one and think head games like that are stupid

thank you for the help.
i hope the ps3->ps4 stuff isnt hard to figure out. i dont think my joystick would even have a playstation button to activate it with

i've got no arcade experience too, and i'm sure if i tried, i could get really good with an arcade, but my preference will always be controller because it's smaller and feels more comfortable for me to use.
i wish people would just get that it's 100% a preference thing, and that switching to stick doesn't instantly make you good.

>Lots of the pro players switch between the two

no they dont. only punk did that for a while when he was really feeling himself like 2 seasons ago in the CPT

hello again. nintendo classic cross Dpads are best. the ps d pad is also good. the xbox is irredeemable

2d games or even games on a 2d plane like tekken I don't even consider video games

So who cares

Stop playing ya 2d interactive "displays" and stop calling them games

You probably don't know what Sega means

Also is PS dpad really good people said the ps1 one was unusable I feel people only say ps dpad is good because of Xbox360 one being so bad

you might have to order another button + hookup but the zerodelay does have a plugin for a "home" button

Yeah some people don't realize that sometimes they just suck because they don't have enough experience and think that using a different controller will be some kind of shortcut to improving just use whatever you like

This one was actually a gift sent to me from a friend in japan who modded all the parts in it

Attached: MzsTHzp.jpg (3264x1836, 538K)

Attached: 1537390071911.png (303x311, 177K)

>are they good for games that arent fighting games
i used my te2 for csgo a few times

>Sega in 2019

Luffy won EVO with a PS1 controller and Problem X won it with a PS4 controller, NuckleDu and MenaRD have both won capcom cup with a PS4 pad.

SFV might not be the best game, and the version of SF4 that Luffy won was a bit suspect, but nonetheless they did it with the PS controllers against the best competitors in the world.

Enjoy ya "flat" "games"

I'm baffled as to how retarded this post was, I don't even think someone can be this retarded intentionally.

Attached: 15a2c525-626c-405b-af27-fa15e7aa8780.png (261x238, 71K)

He used a ps1 dual shock? Thou right??

Ps1 pad before they added analogues was bad apparently myb they fixed

I sorta get ya vibe thou most dpad are probably fine its probably mostly due to shape

POSTINGGGGGGGGG
ALSO OP IS FAGGOT AND THAT STICK IN HIS POST IS GOOD!
FUCK THAT TIER LIST

Attached: file.png (1032x581, 1M)

This is my collection so far. I have more somewhere.

Attached: C016E069-E799-4998-904F-E32E4C0DE160.jpg (3264x2448, 1.66M)

my overall completion just went to 100%, if you know what I mean...

Paid about £130 for mine, it was the street fighter edition, its ridiculously fun doing lariats on, it's just a shame it doesn't come with an octagonal gate right out of the box

I just woke up.

For the directional issue, there were several times that I realized that something wasn't right and I changed my grip on the stick to keep it yanked in downback in the middle of an online match of Street Fighter 5. I watched in the replay as I see Ryu teabagging across the stage instead of just sitting still when I know the stick was motionless and pulled all the way in the corner. At first, I assuumed MAYBE it's some weird connection issue that's resetting my inputs to neutral for this particular match, I don't know. I lost all motivation to continue learning arcade stick teaching a friend how to play Fighterz locally and I keep getting hit by a low when trying to explain that I can just hold crouchblock unless he learns mixups and dragon rush.

The button thing is probably that I don't maintain a single position with my right hand on the stick, so I'll work on that. I probably hover my entire hand over buttons of interest during combos and press the same strings with different fingers sometimes. Sometimes I skipped over a button, sometimes I pressed in between and just tapped the plexiglass.

>it gets better 40 hours in

Not on the Pro.V they aren't.

you don't play fighting games, stop being a retard

wtf gime one

Had the mayflash OP posted until i upgraded to pic related. I fucking love the feel of this one

until the panel for the cord storage broke off

Attached: 01G-02AY-00001-S05.jpg (640x480, 33K)

it's only gay if sticks touch

Attached: lLK52Uw.png (320x428, 285K)

Are classic controllers like the M30 good for fighting games?

I was thinking of grabbing a modern controller, but my 360 one still works fine.

Attached: Dp3QUj5UwAAfneG.jpg (1200x1200, 69K)

>not posted yet
come one now

Attached: 1518541618442.png (1000x5000, 1.69M)

what all should i do to it (the f300 or f500)

>what all should i do to it
I'll help you out esl, change the joystick and buttons.

Playing KoF on a dpad is literally impossible while DoA is perfectly fine.

I'd say some games are indeed better played with a stick.

Rate my stick Yea Forums.

Attached: do9mhc.jpg (640x480, 69K)

Based, OP is a fag

goyim tier

Attached: Untitled.png (1389x783, 2.61M)

These things are amazing for 2D games, but I think 3D plays better with a controller.

I play Divekick professionally as well

Damn cool P4U stick

Attached: DDP Stick.jpg (4048x2598, 2.15M)

Is funny how no one uses bat top joysticks on their home builds, despite the fact that virtually all north american fighting games used them in the arcade.

They buy the weird little Japanese sticks and convex buttons because some self imporant person on YouTube endorsed them (superior nipponese ball top folded 1o mirron times!) but that wasn't what we used in real arcades.

this is mine

Attached: stick1.jpg (830x468, 32K)

I got this one for an absolute steal

It's built like a tank as well so I'm not parting with it any time soon

Attached: 81SxOozBJmL.AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x935, 175K)

Fighters I play now weren't in American arcades either senpai, it's not all for nostalgia's sake

>implying we're all north american

I apologize to all you SEAniggers I offended, then.

American parts are trash.

>31
Oh so you were barely old enough to play games at all during the golden age, good to know your opinion doesnt matter

>I’m an expert at games because i kicked ass all the time in this game!
>Lmao who cares that i got details wrong that out me as a liar

Nah, it's real, famalam. It's based off the layouts used on real MK cabinets. The buttons on the left were high punch and low punch, the button on the middle was to block, the buttons on the right were for high kick and lock kick, and the button on the far bottom left was the run button (for MK3 and MK4). While the layout is shit when used for other games, it does work a lot for MK.
I remember Ed Boon said in an interview once that the block button was placed in the middle so you could press it with your palm when fighting, and considering some actions require pressing the block button in tandem with the other buttons, the layout works well with MK.

Attached: MK cabinet.jpg (480x360, 41K)

I would, but idk if you would complain about not executing the things you want.

>tfw poor fag

Attached: 1540895721533.gif (260x195, 1.6M)

That's a panzer 3 unless you mean the artwork then yes

Got this bad boy

Attached: Namco_Arcade_Stick_(1996).jpg (400x295, 48K)

>The square gate is legitimately unplayable, get an octagon at the very least, but you'll still wish you were using a controller the entire time.
this is the dumbest thing I've ever read lol, you are a garbage scrub

>hori will never rerelease these
Feels bad man. Not spending +$300 from Jap resellers.

Attached: touhouHRAPsticks.jpg (900x796, 232K)