Game is just over a month old

>Game is just over a month old
>Already forgotten
Can we have an honest discussion on what exactly went wrong?

Attached: Kingdom_Hearts_III_Logo.png (3340x2032, 2.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nv0XyR5Vkjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Same as KH2 except KH2 had gameplay to back it up

>wait 1 million years to release your game
>dont worry we'll fix it with a full version later guys (:
i wonder

No FF characters and a Winnie the Pooh level that took about ten minutes. The hardest difficulty was quite possibly easier than KH2's easiest difficulty too.

>already forgotten
nigga i see more kingdom hearts threads on this board than any other game

Fuckin lol

nomura being a hack

Attached: kh3 do nothing and literally win.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

IT'S BORING. THE GAME IS TOO EASY. ATTRACTION SPAM haHAA. DISNEY PANDERING. WTF IS THAT PACING. DIALOGUE TREATS YOU LIKE YOU ARE A MINDLESS RETARD.

>RDR2 was forgotten over a month
>REmake 4 was forgotten over a month
>GoW 4 was forgotten over a month
>Spider man 2018 was forgotten over a month

basically, every single player games gets forgotten over a month

>Winnie the Pooh level that took about ten minutes
That's a good thing though

Next to not having one altogether anyways

it was literally months of dev time wasted on useless shit

>Disney worlds are literally just the movie + Sora
>No Lingering Will vs Terranort rematch playable fight
>No Lingering Will coming back to help Terra reassert control
>Very few worlds, very short worlds, never felt like there was a good reason to stick around past the first passthrough unless you're a completionist autismo
>No fucking FF characters (moogle doesn't count)
>"Superboss" looks like an edgier version of those sword-wielding "invisible" heartless, and looks incredibly easy compared to Mysterious Faggot and Lingering Will, hell it even looks easy compared to Sephiroth in either KH
>Certain fights/areas look more like gimmicky minigames than proper KH fare

DLC when.

Goty edition incoming

Main thing that went wrong is Barry not being banned quick enough and retards actually falling for his low effort butt hurt shitposts.

It's a series made for autistic retards anyway.

It would require an entire book series to explain why KH3 is such a letdown

Forgotten? But I enjoyed the game and I'll check the DLC when it gets released. It sounds like you want it to be forgotten.

KH3 isn't a letdown. It wrapped up the Xehanort storyline, brought back all your niggas, and ended with a cliffhanger to confirm to us that this isn't the end of KH. At very worst it's the best KH game released in over a decade. The biggest complaints I see are from people who find the plot confusing because they haven't been paying attention, retarded fanboys not getting 100% of what they wanted, people who played KH1 and 2 then came into KH3 thinking they'd know what was going on, people who hate attractions (which you don't have to use) and people upset that Frozen and Tangled weren't that great story-wise (you can skip cutscenes). Yes, there are problems with it for sure, but the most complaints I see are barely if at all valid and nitpicky.

Same thing duke nuk'em forever suffered from. Being the third game in a triology that took forever to come out. Why do you think we're never getting half-life 3?

Which reason do you want, OP?

>Game marketed for children with a plot so 3depp5me that even Nomura stopped giving a fuck,
>Gameplay that is basically "press triangle to win",
>Redundant characters,
>Seriously not even one likable / relatable villain,
>Fuckhorrible voice acting

>

>>Game marketed for children with a plot so 3depp5me that even Nomura stopped giving a fuck,
Yes, because "Xehanort evil" and "Xehanort corrupts people for his evil plans" and "use friendship and your heart to save the day" is so complicated and deep.
>>Seriously not even one likable / relatable villain,
Wait, you mean you dislike the bad guy?! Fuck Kingdom Hearts!

Majority of the boss fights are absolute dogshit and the ones that had potential ended way too fast.

By the time the Org members started using actual interesting moves, they were already one hit from death.

attractions was a fucking mistake. it had no place in the game.

i like too think the reason it was so short was not to piss off chinas great leader.

>attractions was a fucking mistake. it had no place in the game.
>The biggest complaints I see are [...] people who hate attractions (which you don't have to use)
Like clockwork.

They're not terrible. It just appears way too often. It definitely should not appear in boss fights though.

Fuck. Meant for

The gameplay had too many pointless gimmicks and the story was rushed as fuck and felt like it was catered to people who watched 10 minute recaps instead of fans who played every game.

By bringing all your niggas back, you mean quickly going through a checklist in the last hour of the game so everyone can have their two minutes of scene time?

Nomura wrapped everything up in the laziest way possible. Not a single plot point wrapped up in a satisfying way. Even 100 Acre Wood, which is supposed to be the most lighthearted, feel good storyline ends with Sora realizing he kinda doesn't give a fuck about Pooh's fatass anymore for some unexplained reason.

The big problem was that attractions appeared way too fucking often. It was cool riding the RGB choo choo train against the Rock Titan, but it's pretty damn tiring to have multiple attractions be usable in every single encounter in the game. Also, two hours into the game, you've already seen all the attractions.

And why the fuck does the battle music have to change whenever you make the mistake of deciding to use an Attraction.

>Disney worlds are literally just the movie + Sora

This is something I despised about KH II.

Took too long in development and couldn't live up to hype and expectations.

More like it didn't even try to live up to it.

>The big problem was that attractions appeared way too fucking often. It was cool riding the RGB choo choo train against the Rock Titan, but it's pretty damn tiring to have multiple attractions be usable in every single encounter in the game. Also, two hours into the game, you've already seen all the attractions.
Just don't fucking use them you dumb cunt.

Because it’s a shit game in a shit series.

>hardest boss in the game was an optional gummy ship one that you need to beat anyway for the ultima weapon

lol

It was rushed as fuck. not sure how that happened with the amount of time they took to release it.

I just cheesed it with the Omega Weapon ship

Officially this year.
So probably 2021.

Has a big numbered trilogy ender EVER satisfied?

Sly Cooper. And then they fuck it up 8 years later

No memeability.
Wasn't that fun
No meaningful character interactions, so many characters have to have screen time everything feels like noise
Ending that just pissed fans off
No actual closure

It's not a fun enough game to carry the retarded plot. Ironically the plot wasn't retarded ENOUGH. maybe if we got scenes like mickey'so "door to darkness" or every scene with Ansem seeker of darkness it would have been fun enough to laugh at and remember
But there's nothing.

You either wished Kingdom Hearts was good, or so bad it was good. Sadly it falls in the "just bad" zone where no one really cares anymore.

Attached: 1552283524552.jpg (648x579, 69K)

Sly 3 is a disaster.

not a trilogy but MGS peaked at 3

Magic was overpowered too and made everything boring as shit. Have to not use that too.

A game should encourage you to use it's mechanics instead of making you not want to use any of them so the game can have any semblance of challenge and be entertaining.

The game felt so cynical and self-aware at times. I think being thrown off FFXV really fucked Nomura up too much.

Maybe you have dementia?

MGS3 was a valley, not a peak. Not a terrible game, but it tried too many new things and not enough of them were strict improvements.

The only good part of the story is when every baddie is having their shitty dying monologue, talking about how they're not actually bad and wanna be Sora's friend, and Vanitas is just "nah this evil darkness shit is rad. Fuck you faggot"

If you pretend 2 doesn't exist.

That too. Which seems like an accomplishment because Nomura turned sora into a retard.

not on switch.

>Ending that just pissed fans off
The braindead retarded ones, yeah

In the original Japanese, it's more like Vanitas accepting that he is the darkness to Sora and Ventus's light and being okay with it.

Yeah man fuck Sora. Everyone else got their picture perfect happy ending despite how bullshit a lot of it is but not Sora because fuck him he doesn't deserve it.

/thread

Based on this description, I like the localization better. Telling him to choose, and him saying he chooses darkness is a good line.

>people who hate attractions (which you don't have to use)
No, but you DO have to constantly pay attention to them. If you use them, they take up the entire screen, take away from all of the action, and expect you to play a mini-game that distracts from the actual game. If you don't want to use them, you need to actively pay attention to keep from accidentally using them when you are wanting to use something else or worse yet, when you are just trying to open a fucking chest.

Sora faced the consequences of his actions, those being overusing the power of waking, beyond what he could handle. So in your world it makes more sense for Sora to face zero consequences for abusing the fuck out of a power he just got?

He really doesn't. Kid's a dumbass and a borderline psychopath.

Nothing can top the daily DMC5 threads since it's reveal

>borderline psychopath
I don't think you know what that word means user

The only thing I wanted from this game was to see Sora, Donald and Goofy deepen their friendship and prove how strong they are together. Needless to say I had the last laugh.

It makes more sense to not fucking happen in the first place dumbass. People who only think of the story in the confines of how it ended up being written are so goddamn retarded. Never before KH3 was it established that abusing the Power of Waking would lead to erasure. Nomura just pulled it out of his ass simply because he wanted to Sora to die at the end.

Really because I wanted the main villain just to be a misunderstood hero after being built up to be some mustache twirling boy molester (because Nomura self inserts as him)
I wanted literally every character that ever existed to have a bullshit throwaway 2 minute predictable "closure" scene before they vanished
Sora disappearing and that yozora shit was terrible. I felt posed since it was clear Nomura was more concerned in expressing his butthurt over vs13 than wanting to give an ounce of effort into the plot outside of wasting my time closing up the loose ends of all these characters whose stories should have ended a long as time ago.
Oh yeah, and setting up the cliffhanger that leads into the terrible fortune teller plot, fuck me. I'd rather have the norts come back AGAIN.
Anyone who thinks the final scenes of the game were good is just wrong

>"why would a very powerful ability take something out of the user if they spam it like ten times in an hour"

Attached: Brainlet_f3217f_6615771.png (1200x1335, 269K)

>the main villain just to be a misunderstood hero
This didn't happen and I'm getting really tired of this retarded "Xehanort was redeemed in the end/was forgiven" meme.
>I felt posed
Wait nevermind phoneposter detected why would I bother responding

Oh and I forgot to mention
>PHIL ISN'T EVEN FUCKING VOICED
>N O C O L I S E U M M A T C H E S

The narrative switched tracks a little too hard there at the end.
>Sora, you need the power of waking to do anything
>Sora, stop trying to help. You can literally club giant gods to death, but none of that is worth anything. The power of waking is the only thing that you should ever do from now on, so get that first
*starts using power of waking*
>Sora what the fuck are you doing? You have to stop using the power of waking. Who even told you to do that. Damnit.

Luckily, this is KH, and they don't have to elaborate on anything.

It's not like anyone expected him to have to use it like ten times within the space of less than an hour. IDK why you think they should have told him "hey don't spam this a hundred times" when they were originally just planning to use it a couple of times.
He literally did need the power of waking because he couldn't have awoken Ventus without it and they were banking on him to be a capable light guardian dude so they didn't have to drag Disney princesses into it against their will.

Can you turn off attractions or what the fucking ever that shit is where you ride with cups and shit

I hate it

Everything was just a fucking shitfest man.
Worlds felt so fucking empty. You only visited them once.
3 of worlds was just like watching the movie with cutscenes and you killing 3 Heartless.

The whole attraction thing was just a circus. Fuck that shit sucked.
Dialogue felt so forced.
Everything was piss easy.

There was so little gameplay with the cutscenes and the attractions take up 60% of the fucking battle.

But i did really like the graphics and the smoothness of it.
yikes dude.

>He literally did need the power of waking because he couldn't have awoken Ventus without it and they were banking on him to be a capable light guardian
So why wasn't he allowed to go into the world of Darkness with Riku and Mickey without it if restoring Ventus was all they planned it for?

IIRC they wanted it so they could use it on Aqua and Ventus. Mickey and Riku already have it so they went to save Aqua. Since Sora didn't have it, he wasn't allowed to go as all he would do is get himself hurt and be no help to anyone. I don't really remember if he did use it to help Aqua or if they just got through to her or whatever, but my point is that this is a reasonable thing for Riku and Mickey to do. They didn't perceive Sora as being able to help since he didn't have the power of waking, and didn't want him to get hurt unnecessarily. Being overprotective isn't a plot hole, and add on to all that that Sora was reset to level 1 after what happened in DDD and Riku and Mickey knew it.

Damn if only there was someone else who had the power of waking. Maybe someone whose been in the series since the start. Maybe someone who is a playable character alongside Sora in the game where Sora was supposed to learn the power of waking. Maybe a childhood friend named Riku

>reset to level 1
The first world of the game has Sora taking on all four Titans.

>love that allies look so cool fighting with you against bosses
>hate that your allies are so fucking good that every boss is cheesed

Attached: this will hurt me thank you.jpg (241x381, 34K)

>any game ever
>months after release
>FORGOTTEN EPIC FAILLLL

come on Yea Forums

Kairi too, up until the point she got ganked.
Yeah, save them first, and have the ones who can wake help split the work for the rest.

If Riku and Mickey already have it, why the fuck does Sora need it. Clearly you can use it over and over since Sora did until he killed himself.

Sora could have done literally anything else (like helping train Axel and Kairi to not be complete jobbers) instead of obtaining a power that the Guardians already have in their possession

XBC2 threads still going strong.

Attached: 1551392395163m.jpg (1024x576, 112K)

>have five years of dev time and 8 years to get ideas from all over
>literally have the entire library of FF and Disney movies for ideas
>only pick nu-disney shit and nothing from Final Fantasy
>completely nerf the difficulty of the previous games
>hardly any fucking superbosses
>botched conclusion and sequel baiting
This game is no Mega Man X6 or Shadow the Hedgehog, but is this the best they can give us after making us wait so long?

Attached: how pathetic!.png (992x714, 671K)

Baldur's Gate is considered a trilogy.

What was the point of anything when you have Donald and Goofy?

Everyone gets one shot by Terranort except Goofy who doesn't give a fuck and just blocks it before Donald fires a planet-destroying orbital laser out of his staff that literally disintegrates the bad guy. No monologue while gracefully fading away. Just gone. No evidence of the brutal murder committed by a duck. Donald didn't sacrifice himself or anything to do that. Just needed a nap afterward. Fuck the 7 vs 13 prophecy. Let Donald go on a killing spree

unironically Halo and God of War

Attached: Hey Riku did you miss me.gif (500x281, 1.92M)

Dead Space
Shits fucked everyones dead yay

Halo
Fight status: Finished

>I felt posed

Can phone posters please, PLEASE, just fuck off?

youtube.com/watch?v=Nv0XyR5Vkjg

The ending of Halo 3 is true kino. This is how you end a trilogy.

I only enjoyed the Arrendele wolf, Aqua and Mystery Niggas boss fights. Everything else was really unsatisfying and felt like training dummies. I'm pretty damn sure I downed most of phase 1 goatnort in a single combo string of weapon switches and magic without triggering revenge AI. I mean that was pretty satisfying to pull off but I shouldn't be able to do that at all.

I hope MCC gets announced for PC soon, I heard that there will be an announcement

Attached: sora approves.gif (500x279, 601K)

>No FF characters because we don't need them anymore. They don't serve any purpose anymore
Telling me the Hollow Bastion crew didn't even bother trying to help? Not at all? Literally the first people Sora meets after his adventure begins and explain what the hell is going on, and help Sora save the universe twice, building what's supposed to be an unbreakable bond of friendship along the way.

Either they're a bunch of dicks for not wanting to help anymore or Sora is a huge cunt who couldn't even be assed to ask anyone "Hey, I sure hope my pal Leon is doing okay"

>Gummi shit has a cool new open world but the missions themselves are HORRIBLY watered down from kh2
>every single thing in the entire game is way too fucking easy, no critical mode to address this
>half the worlds are 1:1 movie retellings except they cut out 80% of the movie so it feels retarded. You meet elsa, get thrown off a cliff, meet her singing and get thrown off a cliff, meet ana singing and get thrown off a cliff, meet elsa hitting ana and get thrown off a cliff, and then kill hanz who shows up in a single scene with no dialogue before becoming a heartless. Tangled, Caribbean, and Frozen share this issue
>the new voice actor for xehanort is one of the worst VAs to have ever existed
>game has less keyblades than every other entry yet still needs to recycle formchanges
>very little original music. the remixes from previous games are good but if you ever use a disney ride or a summon they get replaced by a generic theme
>the summons aren't interesting mechanically and don't even share themes with the worlds you get them
>big hero 6 is gta lite with nothing to do
>all the shitty minigame bosses like dark baymax, the boats, etc
>twilight town reduced to a 5th its original size
>cooking minigame that adds absolutely nothing to the experience in any way shape or form
>100 acre wood can now be skipped entirely (good) but lasts 4 minutes (bad)
>80% of your total moves are given to you in the first world, making leveling incredibly unsatisfying
>kairi and axel train the entire game only to job in their 3 seconds of battle time
>riku and aqua fully playable with unique kits, only used in one fight each
>axel, ventus, xion, roxas, riku, and mickey are only party members for a single fight each
>donald has a suicide bomber move that has never been mentioned before
>yen sid has a map wipe ability but never does anything with it
>keyblades created from the keyblade war all have mom's eye for some reason
>demyx
>no final fantasy characters

>Makes thread about game.
>Claims it is forgotten.

>the X-blade is made out of 13 No-Names, not an original design
>only 13 pieces, not 20

What were they thinking?

>Month old
>Forgotten
This board say this about every game.

>the new voice actor for xehanort is one of the worst VAs to have ever existed
Yeah honestly I knew no one would ever live up to the OG Nimoy but fuck dude, it was so bad.

>Also, two hours into the game, you've already seen all the attractions.
This, holy shit. If you're going to put in some gimmicky bullshit at least have the decency to flesh it out.

I'll never forgive them for putting the entirety of Let it Go in it while Sora watches in the background doing nothing because Frozen still gets pushed to hell and back.

Only 3 worlds copy the plot of their movies. B&B inserts Xaldin, Herc is more about Sora and Auron, NMBC is a sequel, and Aladdin/Tron are mostly original content.

Why would I talk about a single player game I beat in 20 hours for over a month straight?

Now that you mentioned single player, how would a multiplayer kingdom hearts game be like?

>play level 1 proud run for the first time on any kh game
>enjoying it at the beginning
>get to second hub feeling like a slog
>get to pirates
>that stupid flying heartless boss at the beginning
>all this chip damage

damn this is going to get worse is it? this game really needs some kind of damage scaling because I'm getting a little bored with the chip damage, that being said, I find that I use attractions more in level 1

>want to form change
> can't because I have to wait for the attraction timer to run out

>so many characters have to have screen time
And yet it wasted so much of it on 1:1 recreations of movie scenes, gotta push how good those grafix are for the casuals, right?

You know they have a button to scroll through situation commands right?

nigga press L2 to select the triangle commands

it would just be monster hunter but fast

Not only that, but you can activate the attraction and then immediately cancel it with one of the other shoulder buttons.

this, it's as if people don't pay attention to the menu text and read the fucking tutorials

>game keeps teasing that it's about to play the pirates of the carribean theme
>never does
FUCK

Not that guy but holy fuck I didn't know that. I'm in Toyland right now and the rocket is garbage so I just waited until it ran out.

Nah man. The game is kinda bad about this shit.

>axel, ventus, xion, roxas, riku, and mickey are only party members for a single fight each
You don't even get combo limits with any of them, who thought that was okay?

not the game's fault that you zoom zoom past the tutorial text that clearly state all these basic ship

>You don't even get combo limits with any of them
Oh yeah, you don't. Damn you, I wasn't even disappointed about that before.

Why are you lying? RE2 and DMC5 threads dominate the board. RE2 was released before KH3 and their threads are still going strong. KH3 threads are slow as fuck and most die off

>>REmake 4 was forgotten over a month
REmake 2 still gets threads you fucking shill

What's there to discuss? Sora beat Xehanort, and then fucked off to Shibuya or some shit to dick around with not-Noctis.

Literally FFXV all over again. Squeenix are a joke at this point

Attached: 1522168594744.png (866x783, 295K)