Is this good for a newcomer?

is this good for a newcomer?

Attached: 7f6e4bbc-69a4-4910-a424-8b4f14100c12.jpg (400x225, 19K)

It’s literally designed approachable for newcomers

Yes. They specifically called it World not just because of it's open area and literally new world area, but they wanted new comers to try the game since calling it Monster Hunter 5 would put off people.

It's an amazing game.

Oh, and one other thing: if you ever feel like you’re getting bored, use a different weapon. A lot of people say it’s like playing a different game; I wouldn’t go that far but it really freshens up the gameplay in a great way.

That's exactly what I did after 150 hours. Been using a mixture of longsword, duel swords, and the spear thingy with the bug. Decided to try the great hammer and it's completely different style of play.

it would ruin a newcomer
start at P3rd

yes

Agreed.

I want to play it but I'm scared of going into a MH game long after it's initial launch date since the community would already be at the end.

I had fun with it, was my first experience with MH even though I watched Yea Forums discuss the previous games since forever ago. Was too cheap to get a 3DS or previous consoles that supported it.

if you have a really short attention span, yes.
If you can handle reading now and then and want to spend time learning, Tri is still a good start.

That was the absolute intent. Capcom made this game for 2 reasons:
>To bring new fans in
>To show old fans capcom cares enough about monster hunter to give it the big budget treatment it deserves
Capcom wanted to treat old and new comers well with this one, old guards will screech about the game being too casual, but their favorite series is now the most profitable game Capcom has ever created, and I think Capcom wanted monster hunter fans to know that Capcom loves monster hunter too

Yes and No. Monster Hunter World is much more streamlined in it's gameplay features and level design. However this will spoil you, going back to play previous Monster Hunter games before it might be off putting because the level design is more disjointed and gameplay has less handholding.

To be honest even though I've played Monster Hunter since Tri, I have not been a big fan of how they executed level design. And what they did in World alone is enough for me not to want to go back.

Ya

First worlder here, game is fun if a bit short, weapon variety is nice, monster variety could use some work, and maybe disable the tent on AT hunts

What did you mean by disjointed level design? Separated areas?

>no g rank for another year
>endgame is just deco grinding
>only 1 notable event quest on at any given time if that
>hunters have jelly legs
>fucking ryu layered armour
its fun but it definitely has its flaws
if anything its worth getting just because of kulve taroth armour

Attached: dd2e7c6e-abbe-4548-c577-7040107f8b24.png (1700x2050, 2.16M)

It's the only monhun worth your time.

>you can equip a mantle that literally dodges attacks for you
this game was made for shitters

Wrong

it's the only monster hunter I've played and I've had a great time
kinda bored now though since I only play solo, the endgame is just farming decorations and only two monsters I haven't hunted (Kulve Taroth and Behemoth) apparently can't be done solo

Attached: 1551419439143.png (1500x1500, 897K)

they can be done solo, theyre just designed for multiplayer

its good for a gaycummer like you faggot

Dont worry, the community is still active even for the old MH games. Plus the MH community is really friendly and welcoming to new players, it's actually one of the least toxic hardcore communities I've seen, aside from the the flame wars world supremacists start on Yea Forums

based

Yes. If you can't get into MHW you will never get into Monster Hunter.

I can't go back to previous MH games after beating World.

>get bored of killing the same shit elders all the time
>too spoiled by pc graphics and a good controller to go back to 4u or xx

It's literally baby's first Monster Hunter. So yes.
For the long term though, it sucks.