I’m just not having fun with the combat system :/ Never played a DMC game before. Maybe it’s not for me...

I’m just not having fun with the combat system :/ Never played a DMC game before. Maybe it’s not for me. It just feels very imprecise and floaty. I also hate that there’s no block button and dodging feels random. I love everything about the game tho. Story, Visuals, Characters.

Attached: 72B7734C-D1D1-4430-8AAF-13989ED9F96B.jpg (800x533, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QTYr3W_FI5I
youtu.be/GK3z1LWhpgI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Awesome dude wow your opinion rocks dude awesome

Maybe you should try to git gud you fucking faggot

> :/
purge emote users NOW

I hate the story and characters but like the combat, feels better than Nier 2, MGR or Bayonetta (my only expierience with these kinds of games)
Takes an hour to get used to but it feels great.

Nah, you just suck

Dante even has a dedicated block and dodge button. Git gud faggot

wow you got it completely mixed up. the story is shit, the visuals are bland, and the characters are shallow character tropes. the gameplay is good though. yeah, it's supposed to be floaty. you're gonna spend 70% of the time fighting juggling demons in the air. jumping is your actual dodge button

>Le git Gud meme
Game is piss easy outside of DMD mode. Why are all you DMC dick riders so defensive? I didn’t say the game was terrible. I just found games like GOW, MGR, Bayonetta and Souls more fun to play

>Why are all you DMC dick riders so defensive?
They're autistic. I highly doubt we'll ever have another good DMC thread because of these faggots.

They completely ruined discussing the games.

>has beat devil Hunter
>has beat son of sparda
>still playing dante must die
>this games combat sucks

Sure you have, I totally believe you, I bet you even S ranked every mission.

>there’s no block button
>dodging feels random
>somehow made it to DMD
You’re either lying about having made it to that difficulty, or you never used trickster/royal guard. Hate and enjoy whatever you like, no problem, but don’t act like DMC feels imprecise when its depth rivals fighting games in terms of execution and complexity. Literally and unironically get good.

>pre-release threads were comfy
>now full of elitist fuckheads
it's just falseflaggers right?

DMC fags are basically Proto Souls fans. They think they’re super hardcore for playing these games.

>circlejerk of literal shills
>people who actually played the game and realized what went wrong

>bayo fags can't stand not having a dodge button
>mgr fags can't stand not having a block button
>"y-you DMC elitists are a bunch of j-jerks! This game plays like shit"
>gow fags...
Fucking lol

youtu.be/QTYr3W_FI5I
Y'all fucking suck lol, btw you can do the same shit in 5

youtu.be/GK3z1LWhpgI

Bayo and MGR are both better than that slow shit.

>the autismo fell for the shilling
AHAHAHAHA GET FUCKED

its just another moviegame with 50% cutscene to gameplay ratio

I'm angry at Cavaliere. If it were a person, I'd say hurtful things to it. Just when I start to feel comfortable with Dante for the first time since DMC3 this piece of shit flies into my inventory and decides that any time I attempt to use it, it should lock me into 20-year-long animations that ensure I get hit and ruin my style rank.

Attached: 1548827733585.jpg (474x457, 35K)

Yeah I really don't like the weapon either. Big slow weapons have never done it for me in these kinds of action games, and I only use 2 swords/guns because I'm still stuck in DMC3 mentally

You suck at using it and you do not have to have it equipped. Get labbing.

Sorry, Cavaliere is high IQ weapon. If you just mash it like retard you better stick with Balrog.

Don't fucking talk down to me while being a filthy, oily ESL

It just sounds like you suck ass at the game, pham.

>I’m just not having fun with the combat system
Sucks to be you.

What is Dante's best crowd control tool? Seems like all of his basic attacks are single target. I'm struggling to play as him, compared to Nero and V who just instant win on crowd control with streak or nightmare

swordmaster-balrog-feet spin2win
cavalier 3rd hit spin2win
rocket launcher gunslinger in mid air

>there’s no block button
lrn 2 royalguard
>dodging feels random
Your main dodge is your jump. You pretty much get i-frames all the way up.

I use million stab like I'm still playing DMC1. I also use Balrog's gunslinger move in blow mode, preferably fired up

>"Wah it's slow though!"
Nice job moving this goal posts faggot

>Game has slow heavy attacks
>Enemies power thru them and hit you anyway
Can action games pleeeeease stop fucking doing this???? Why even give me slow, heavy attacks when mashing the light attack button is a million times easier!!

>that ensure I get hit and ruin my style rank
You don't lose style of you get hit during superarmor frames, literally git gud

>Balrog's gunslinger move

Attached: jester8.jpg (596x334, 21K)

so you're saying i should dt

Attached: 1548840293203.png (331x352, 211K)

Attached: Not crazy.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

I'm saying you should hit the fucking enemy and not swing at the air

Attached: 1552132079983.jpg (390x398, 135K)

adapt and you will receive the true gift of sss

Attached: 1538554670293.gif (350x263, 574K)

These games were never good, you got memed

I know exactly what you mean. Most action games now a days have auto tracking. Instead on holding a lock on button, 99% of games pull you towards the closest target whenever you initiate combat. DMC doesn’t have this. If your position isn’t just right, you’ll end up hacking at the air. It’s a dated way of doing things and I don’t like it. I’m glad I played it tho. Gonna trade it in or sell it towards $$ for Seriko

I wasn't the other guy.

>Didn’t like the game
>Still recommending it to my friends
Wasn’t for me, but I wanna keep supporting games like this

based
Support good games.

Looks like it's not for you. Move on.

>:/
>I also hate that there’s no block button and dodging feels random
I really hope you're just pretending.

>:/

Attached: dmc jester.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

>I also hate that there’s no block button and dodging feels random
this just tells me that you're bad at the game. go into the void and practice. turn on the enemy AI. go to the divinity statue thing customise option and try table hopper so you know whether or not your timing is accurate. dante can block, nero can only parry

I can see where all the frustration is coming from. Honestly, this isn’t a “git gud” issue. It’s purely my own autism that down let me enjoy certain things. Jumping to dodge looks so dumb. It’s not cool. Sorry for the confusion.

Like I said before, git gud faggot.

>Honestly, this isn’t a “git gud” issue
it 100% is.

jump has i frame but it isn't really the didge, the side roll is. table hooper is proof of this. juping having i frame is really just there so you can dodge an attack and immediately counter attakc but it's also more risky as you're more vulnerable in the air unless you have the right style/devil breaker/air hike. just stick to side rolling and only use jump once you actually know what you're doing. the void is a great place to practice as you'll have infinite health and can fight any enemy you've fought so far aside from bosses. just remember to turn on their ai in the pause menu under "enemy settings"

>shorthopping over stuff and coming down with an attack isn't cool

Sounds like you don't know what cool is.

>all those fucking typos
pls forgive me i wasn't paying attention ;_;

>he cant shuffle cancel
>he cant tablehopper
>he cant use trickster
>he cant parry or use RG
>he cant use the moveset to his advantage
what are you, a faggot?

it said side roll equals dodge

Gid
Gud
!
Just kidding
You can call me V

I’m 7 missions in. When does the combat get deep? I’ve just mashing square and triangle and have gotten easily through everything.

>being in the air
>risky
No way man, being in the air is the safest place in the world. If you're even slightly close to an enemy you have enemy step, you have airhike, Nero has his air taunt and Snatch while Dante has trickster which can now instantly ground him. Hell even moves like Calibur and both character's Killer Bee can get you out of the way of incoming attacks if you just fly to a different target.

>dedicated block and dodge
If you mean trickster and r. Guard that makes 2 button to press for guarding and dodging

>being in the air
>risky
No way man, being in the air is the safest place in the world. If you're even slightly close to an enemy you have enemy step, you have airhike, Nero has his air taunt and Snatch while Dante has trickster which can now instantly ground him. Hell even moves like Calibur and both character's Killer Bee can get you out of the way of incoming attacks if you just fly to a different target.

Get a trainer
Give 99999999 orbs
Buy every move

Barry pls

Shuffle has lots of i-frames, right? I tried to deflect Goliath's projectiles back into him and while I failed with both Devil Bringer and Shuffle I noticed how orbs just flew through Nero. I never used this move much even in 4 but if it has such insane invulnerability it's actually should be super useful.

shuffle is designed to be a "dodge and hit back" attack so yes there is i-frames. You can also cancel the backstep with a jump or dodge

neing in the air is only safe if you know what you're doing. new players are better off not bothering as they wont know how to dodge attacks when they're off the ground

yeah dedicated buttons, DEAL WITH IT GIT GUD FAGGOT

Nah fuck donte
I am Gud with Nero so
Donte plays like shit

>imagine Trish getting pinned against a gray wall, that's the same color of her fucking boring bitch-ass character who imperonates moms becuase she's literally an unholy wretch with no dignity whatsoever, while at the same time the demon-whore who suckled Mundus' big red tri-balls and had so much piss-stained demon cum splurged all over her hair, it got dyed blond, is being fisted with pizza up her matrix-2000 black fetish pants ripped apart, so hard the term yeast infection gets a new meaning, and with her last whoreish, skanky, breaths she coughs up the crusty, hell-cum out her ps2-octagon mouth, leaving her dark soul unfilled, yet her ass stuffed to the brim

Attached: dante embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 19K)