Why did DMCV fail to overtake Bayo 2 as the undisputed king of the genre?

Why did DMCV fail to overtake Bayo 2 as the undisputed king of the genre?

I mean it had everything going for it. Itsuno as the director, capcoms full backing, enough dev time. And yet it's not the master piece everyone was hoping for. It's still a solid game, it just doesn't reach the level necessary to compete with the gods of the genre.

Attached: 1531484487739.jpg (425x630, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=StlPtT0L9mE
youtube.com/watch?v=AcdmaoFr8Wo
youtube.com/watch?v=bZWSoV6zE0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

V is better

Way better

Testing to see if its a certain someone

Attached: 1483046702329.png (680x420, 93K)

fpbp

No Nintendo bonus

That reminds me, I need to play Bayo 2. HOwever, back to DMC5 for now.

This might be the most pathetic cope mechanism I've ever seen.

Any negative post about a game you like will always be Barry seething about it being better than XV.

How long are you gonna keep forcing a rivalry, Barry?

Attached: 1552269556209.jpg (640x628, 41K)

Oh, you guys are still stuck in your honeymoon phase. I wish there was a way to remove your posts.

Consider this post a part of the attention you crave

I loved Bayo 1/2, but those scores should honestly be switched.

Fuck off, discord tranny.

Are you alright?

Attached: 1540608722356.png (800x633, 314K)

By your logic, GoW is better than Bayo in the hack n slash genre

Attached: 1545321543543.jpg (294x294, 18K)

How about you fuck off, discord tranny?

I know this is pure bait but Bayo 2 isn’t even better than 1. They completely fucked up the combat in so many ways but because casuals don’t know that they are awed by the spectacle.

2 was worse than Bayo 1, which is still worse than DMC5 with how much shitty downtime it has like the motorcycle or shooter missions, and the QTEs out the ass.

BayoII is a resounding meh. Even BayoI is better

You mean over the shoulder cinematic movie games?

>Rivalry between DMC, Kingdom Hearts, Sekiro, Nioh, and Bayo
>Not dumping this dumb console war shit and enjoying all the good games coming out

Lol no it isn’t. And keep in mind Bayo 2 is nowhere near as good as the original.

DMC has been overtaken by Bayonetta. No one who has seriously played both would prefer DMC.

Nobody is talking about consoles except for you. As a matter of fact you can play bayo 2 and DMCV on PC you fucking retard.

I prefer DMC, although the Bayo games were solid.

Attached: Howdy.png (1076x903, 208K)

>Bayo 2

user... I...

No, you’re the discord tranny. Fuck off.

Yes... user... you... aren't... too... retarded... to... set... up... an.... emulator... are... you...?...

youtube.com/watch?v=StlPtT0L9mE

No u. Disocrd tranny.

No dedicated dodge
Bad camera

As a newcomer to these types of games and just finished V, and Bayo1/2 about a month ago, Bayo feels a lot smoother/elegant to play. Jumping to dodge just doesn't feel/look good compared to Witch Time.

NO NO YOU ARE WRONG DMCV IS BETTER

>emulation
What a fucking meme that I extremely regret falling for

So what you are saying is that you actually ARE too retarded to set up an emulator. Pathetic.

>haha just emulate bro haha! haha lol pcbros win again haha! [console]fags btfo! haha ignore the terrible audio and visuals bro haha lol

Attached: WL6yNXM.jpg (1797x1011, 525K)

This. The only game that had Kamiyaisms in it that wasn’t severely hurt by it was Wonderful101

>DMC has been overtaken by Bayonetta.
Lol no it hasn’t. Bayo 1 is great but godawful Kamiyaisms and crap like dial-a-combo really limit what is possible.
That and I’ve never found Bayonetta’s weapons interesting.

Its not on the switch

Attached: 1551590903298.jpg (1125x1429, 182K)

Bayonetta is also a hell of a lot more limited in what you can actually do.

You realize the game does have a dodge, right? You're like the retards that complained about the parry in Revengeance.

Bayonetta is far better than Bayo 2.

>he actually believes this

No.

>easier game is rated higher by "journalists" who aren't good enough at games to make money off of people watching them play and aren't funny enough to make money off being bad at games
really giving me a big think here, user

>Needing a dedicated dodge button
Lmao, why do you guys keep repeating this shit? It's unnecessary and there is already many ways to dodge in DMC5

>no argument

It's because Bayo 2 is babby's first cuhrayzee action game. Not to mention it has a fanbase full of trannies and lesbians.
>Using "No U" in 2019

But it is though. Bayo 2 forces you to use witch time and umbral climax to do any damage because they made wicked weave fucking suck.

>it’s easier

Isn’t DMCV extremely easy on the tutorial difficulty?

Lock on and hit the stick to the side + A/X

FPBP
Imagine using Metacucks as an argument.
Fuck Nu-Yea Forums.

Attached: 1462987933536.gif (640x266, 3.24M)

no easier than Bayonetta 2 on the lowest difficulty

or use Gerbera and press Circle/B
or use Trickster and press Circle/B
or play as V and never be anywhere near enemies

It is in terms of enemies actually attacking and how much damage they do but the execution barrier is still higher than Bayonetta because only a couple of things are dial-a-combo in DMC

Bayo's a solid series but it annoys me when people complain that "THERE'S NO DEDICATED DODGE EVERYTHING BUTTON WTF" in DMC. There are many different ways to dodge shit depending on the situation, you have to actually experiment and learn.

Table Hopper too.
Seriously where did this fucking meme of HURR NO DODGE BUTTON come from?

doesn't Table Hopper use the regular dodge input AND require pretty tight timing

Bayo 2 is worse than Bayo 1 and that's QTE trash.
Seethe more Bayocuck/switchlet.

Attached: 1618161525182753.jpg (1024x1024, 54K)

i agree, i really liked bayo 2, but man there's something about DMC V, stupid game has way too much soul, it might lack amazing fights like The lumen sage
youtube.com/watch?v=AcdmaoFr8Wo
(Summons powerful Angels to counter bayo's demon summoning, and them they both fight as progressively more massive angels and demons they summon fight in the brackground and occasionally interrupt your own fight with the sage)
But i just can't help but to love DMC V, and something tells me the people at Platinum are all playing and loving the game too

Attached: 82a3d0d57a38a2fb5ef63e960c830965798a8f45_hq.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Dedicated dodge reduces the amount of moves you can do, instead you lock on and jump right or left which works better anyway

People don't talk enough about how terrible umbran climax is in of itself
It's fucking bizarre to me that the people making bayo 2 thought that PRESS L TO UNGA BUNGA BUNGA ENTIRE SCREEN was something that would fit the gameplay of bayonetta at all and I have nothing but fear for bayonetta 3 because of it

Please don't use the term "undisputed" on a board where people will dispute literally evertyhing.

>N-NO IT REQUIRES SKILL AND TIMING I WANT MY CRUTCH
Casuals BTFO

Bayo 2 was a Nintendo game

No. It's a platinum game.

Hell, I’d argue the concept of an “I win button” was done better in DMC5 too with SDT. Instead of getting MAXIMUM UNGA on existing moves you actually get a unique moveset.
It also didn’t replace regular DT and is a hell of a lot shorter.

ResetEra faggots so used to Bayo

It do but so does witch time in theory

When did Bayo fans became insufferable faggot?
>Nintendo exclusive
Oh that's right

You can play it on PC. Oh whoops, your entire post fell apart just like that.

Witch Time's timing is much looser, and it's still directly tied to the dedicated dodge button

coping KH fag

Attached: khr526.jpg (1196x1039, 323K)

Not officially

reviews are absolutely meaningless and have been for at least a decade and a half now

i love bayo too, but this user is right

This

is bayonetta permanently trapped in the nintendungeons now?

Yes

DMC3 is objectively the best action game of all time

hey there he is

better late than never

Seriously speaking, Bayonetta is a shitty great game.
It has flaws on every single corner, but it also has plenty of insanely cool stuff.
Overall, I genuinely enjoyed it, but Kamiya is a hack.

There is a dedicated dodge though

Jump/lock on roll/air hike/trickster/shadow and some other moves have I frames in them

Git gud faggot

>bad camera
Lol

*blocks your path*

Attached: IMG_2342.png (320x606, 185K)

Lol u mad

kh3 is trash worse than dmc5, ff15, nier automata etc

Bayo 2 was easy, one of the easiest in the genre. It's no wonder that journalists ate it up.

I fucking hate that shitty spaghati code of an emulator

Attached: 1549562336672.jpg (900x763, 141K)

*royal guards him into the trash where he belongs*

All of those games are shit so why does it matter? Bloodborne was the only good action game this decade besides Dark Souls

It's weird, because I loved Bayo1 and played it like 5 times. I barely finished Bayo2 and I've had no desire to replay it.

go away kh fag

t.kamiya

Bloodborne is a great game but it isn't without flaws, like the other games you're talking. Regardless, if you think Bloodborne is a better ACTION game than Automata or DMC5, you're properly brain dead.

Attached: 1544509401841.jpg (502x525, 42K)

what is wrong with you

BAYO 2 is way more casual and easier than dmc after that game has a dodge button etc and thats a pro with reviewers simple as that

Seething, KH was always completely shit just like everything Square has made since FFX.

Bad story, even for DMC. I was hoping for a switch and bait involving Vergils corpse but we HAD to have him return because Itsuno can't write for shit. Every prediction came true and it's completely upsetting that it occurred. Instead of something like Mundus hijacking Vergil's corpse so he could get vengeance on Dante by doing what Urizen did and V being an actual character.
Bad camera. The Camera is absolute jank. Having a moving camera in a room filled with walls and shit is awful.
Some room layouts are absolute cancer as V. Not unique to DMC5 but definitely the worst game in the series for it. They are either MASSIVE open arenas on par with boss rooms or filled with little raised platforms and crevices that hamper combos. The AI on Vs summons isn't good enough to deal with it so you end up with Kitty flailing against a wall or Raven trapped down under the floor since there's no dedicated reset button aside from the taunt, which isn't guaranteed.
Music is 90% shit. There's like 3 good tracks in the game and the rest are entirely bad and even worse than DmC.
Bosses are all fairly crap and I'd say they all feel like DmC as well. Aside from Vergin, they are all giant retards or arena style bosses with AI patterns that are insanely bad so you end up with ChickenWitch teleporting outside of your trickster range and spamming attacks or just doing her body shake endlessly. Same as King Cerberus when he decides to endlessly phase shift. The only good boss in the game was Vergin. Goliath is slow. Siren is a pain to fight at the point you fight her. Voltaic Knight 1 is pretty fun if it wasn't for fucking V. Voltaic Knight 2 is so easy that he could have been a regular enemy. V's boring ass plant boss was cancer. Chicken boss was cancer. All renditions of Urizen are trash and you spend 90% of the fight in his ass with enemy step where the only thing he can do is spin, which ironically means you can I-frame through it and keep on him.

DMC5 has awful visuals. Girls are ugly and environment is colorless and depressing. Bayo 2 has sexy girls and pleasant colorful aesthetic.

>there's no dedicated reset button aside from the taunt
backstep recalls Griffon, regular dodge recalls Shadow

GIT GUD

Yeah but at least Trish, Lady and Nico aren't tranny lesbian bait like people make Bayo and Jeanne out to be.

i do, but it's context sensitive if that's the right word, ie you have to input depending on orientation, and you can only dodge (?) on horizontal axis. i think you can do backflip in air or something.
the camera can be pretty bad, the FoV is so low.

both Nero and Dante have dedicated, omnidirectional dodge buttons

The dialogue is so absolute dog shit that it alone takes off several points. It ranges from just cheesy enough to cringe but not cheesy enough to be DMC to just plain puerile. Also, fuck V.

Nero doesn't if you don't have Gerbera.
Dante does with Trickster.

Neither are dedicated and V has the most unused buttons out of all characters by the end. He could easily have them mapped to shoulders instead and be fine.

If there's anything that characterizes Bayonetta, it's bullshit camera angles and emphasis on cinematics over actually getting to see what's going on. Seems like a logical extension of the concept to me.

>Neither are dedicated
it happens every single time you do backstep or dodge. Just because dodge isn't bound to a single button doesn't mean there isn't a dedicated command to recall the summons.

There still isn't anything as bad as filling your dark soul with the LIGHT

>rated higher than similar games of similar quality
>it's a Nintendo exclusive

hmmmmm

Yeah, but at least that's the kind of crappy writing that leaves you with a smile on your face. It's not "up your butt" or "yeah, sorry i'm about to kill you!"

and by doing the action, you are resetting the pet even if you don't actively want to. A dedicated resummon button that operates at any time the pet is "inactive" i.e not attacking would be vastly superior to having to dodge pointlessly aside from the resummon. Im aware you can dodge to reset the pets but you shouldnt fucking have to.

Corny bad is better than outright bad. Even the CUHRAZY cutscenes in this game feel watered down compared to the others.

Yikes. Just stick to Bayonetta lad.

Are you retarded? That's the dumbest suggestion I've heard so far

Bayonetta 2 isn't even the better Bayonetta.

Because it doesn't have a dodge button

Attached: 1550122966099.png (1152x4086, 1005K)

Because they made you play as Nero and V for half the goddamn game before you get to enjoy playing as Dante. Dante's play style is the only thing about this game that is good, Nero and V are just not fun. Same reason that DMC 4 was so much worse than 3.

I like V, but I still don't get why they keep trying to push these other characters off on us.

Without speaking to the game's actual quality, the mainstream perception of the game is probably linked to the lack of a dodge button.

Recently, I had a friend, who had never played a DMC game other than DmC, try out DMC5 and they were very confused as to why there wasn't a dodge button. They said that the game felt awkward and stiff to move around in and they were getting frustrated. They watched me play for a while and realized how fluid the movement could be once they learned the controls. They said that they wanted to get good at the game and I let them borrow a copy of it. Bayonetta does feel more fluid to people who haven't been really versed in the genre.

I hate it so much. I fell in love with DMC 3 in high school when a friend let me borrow it and all I want from the sequels is to have weapon swapping style switching Dante and I barely get it ever. At least he is so fun to play in V that it makes up for the dredge.

Are these people retarded? There is a dodge..

It's not a good dodge.

This is just hilarious lmao. Imagine thinking Bayo2 is a good action game, let alone thinking its better than DMC5. Top tier bait Barry, outdid yourself this time.

git gud

I don't know who barry is, but you guys talk about him like some 14 y/o schoolgirls in love. You just can't keep his name out of your mouth, fucking slut.

>moving the goal post
Also, it's not bad.

Well, Bayonetta is actually evolution of action games made by original creator of DMC while DMC5 is stagnation, they just bloat third game with more and more content and convoluted controls without moving forward. Bayonetta can do everything Dante can and much more. She has all the options of all the styles without needing of pointless styleswitching inputs. She has elegant weapon switch system on only one button when in DMC5 you can literally mash button 3 times just to switch a weapon. Unfortunately, Itsuno just can't improve. He made an amazing game back in the day but since then nothing changed.

Eh, i preferred Bayo 2, but DMC V will (probably) be GOTY when it comes around. I love both franchises and so i don't give a shit about having them compete.

Because game journalists are still pretending DmC was good long after they stopped being paid to do so.

Don't worry Bob you'll be shitting on DMC5 the same way when the next big thing gets you all excited.

Not to mention enemies that aren't Affinities/Acceptances can actually kill you. Every enemy in DMC only exists for you to style on.

DMC5 didn't have a strong independent womyn as the MC.

Who is Bob?

thinking dmc5 is better than bayo2 because "muh dante"

>Bayo 2 is nowhere near as good as the original.
Why? It has an actual color palette and no instant death bullshit QTEs.

Well if we're using that as a metric.

Attached: DMC.png (432x349, 50K)

does dmc5 really not have a dedicated dodge/ block button? even kh and ff15 have those

There he goes again pretending he's not Bob

no dedicated dodge button

I mean this is the major complaint of literally ALL the reviewers who drag down the dmc5 metascore, claiming how the game feels "outdated" without it".
It's seriously ridiculous, like these people don't understand anything about game design and why this mechanic wasn't embraced even though dmc2 already had it.

Because Bayo 1 is actually challenging and has better enemies and bosses. Bayo 2 is the definition of style over substance.

Do focus on the user reviews next time please.
We don't trust game journalist around here much.

>no dedicated dodge button
Why don't y'all just use the jump button? It's there so you can literally jump out of an attack's way. What more do these people want?

Wait is it really down to the dodge button when DMC offers other movement based options instead?

>The first time you encounter Gracious and Glorious
That was the first time when i actually got gud at Bayonetta without brute forcing. Wish DMC had those kind of enemies.

Attached: 1549572846597.jpg (1024x698, 71K)

brainlets don't understand that the jump button is the dedicated dodge button. They've been conditioned by dark souls and other baby tier action games to have a dodge roll be the only way to avoid taking damage.

>Brainlet that doesn't understand Bayonetta's combat
2 is worse in every single way mechanically. Way too forgiving witch time dodges, Umbran Climax, worse enemy design and less variety of the new enemies, too many human bosses.

Dodge roll input is jump sideways while locked on, but the thing is that regular jump has the same amount of i-frames
Also Dante has both a proper dodge and a block

>Skin color
>anything but white or yellow
Yikes and gross.

Well.... Rolling left or right is dedicated dodge on the ground so they aren't even able to argue that away. Also Dante has a dodge right out of the gate on top of everything amp'd by DT.

V is the only argument that could make since yeah he has double jump but his ground dodge is sorta aids and I found it rough to dodge shit like Goliaths charge in mission 13. Even then these brainlets won't go above Human/DH mode so that damage is minimal

I mean even going further than that
>Dante has Trickster turning Circle into a dodge button
>Nero let's you destruct a devil breaker to block attacks
>You can avoid attacks easily with V by running around the area while spamming Shadow and Griffon without locking on

Attached: DtcZEKHUUAAkM2l.jpg (577x675, 32K)

On Mission 15 or 16. I'm spoiled myself and im just taking my time but honestly id say whats ahead makes it look about equal to Bayo 2. Bayo 1 is better then bother and NGB/DMC3SE are still kings of the genre.

DMC5 is still a good mainline game.

So just the jump button? those games have dedicated jump buttons too

v has the best jump though, i swear V must also be channeling one of those frog demons. I went against the elder knight during the boss rush with only nightmare, and his hops were best for dodging all the swings, because his last blow left you the most time to read the book.

kh and ff15 have jump button, dodge button and block button

Blitz and corrupted assaults are 10 times harder than those retards. In 5 nobodies and Furies are way harder in DMD since after they DT they are ridiculous. Bayonetta is only harder than DMC on easy or normal difficulties. Infinite climax has nothing on DMD mode.

it's too "different", that's it

it takes time to get used to it in a time where pretty much all other action games just use i-frame based dedicated dodge button

Nincel bonus

>Because they made you play as Nero and V for half the goddamn game before you get to enjoy playing as Dante. Dante's play style is the only thing about this game that is good
After thinking about it, I can't disagree with this. I thought Nero felt okay to play as when the game first started, but I was pretty bored with him by the time the story finished. V was always shit, just the fact that he's not optional, means that I probably won't replay this one anywhere as much as 1 and 3. We really should be able to go through the entire game as one character after the first playthrough.

hell even nero's air taunt can be considered a good dodge

>implying DMD is hard

Attached: 14358524440440.png (500x500, 287K)

>after all those years people still cry about bayo 2
I never realized how much it hurt Yea Forums, but apparently you can't get over her.

>V
Yeah, sorry you don't have the 150 IQ required to enjoy him

where is there an ammo counter next to the devil breaker? it's not going down when I press circle, and holding circle breaks the thing entirely...

Imagine being so dumb you need a mechanic so you can just mash attack and then mash roll the second you see an animation instead of measuring and spacing.

Also jump iframes , tons of mechanics for movement , roll left or right on the ground avoids most shire. Double jump doesn't have iframes but avoids most stuff if you dodge visually. Neros dodge arm etc.

People are dumb and this is coming from someone who enjoyed NGB/NG2 more which has a dedicated dodge.

>ip count still the same
You ain't fooling anyone Barry.

yeah well too bad the gameplay in Bayo is fucking dogshit where you MUST dodge offset throughout the entire game with zero creativity

harder than anything in Bayonetta. I didn't even have to try to beat infinite climax.

I see nothing wrong with this. It's still the best DMC.

What a surprise. People can post multiple times in a thread. We should change the rules and ban everyone that does this. Fucking retard.

The only thing besides Dantes RG which is a parry but also blocks in the animation that DMC does have is a block which would trivialize the game and is for faggots.

Sometimes less is more. KOF isn't worse then GG just because GG has IAD/air dashes. Or just less base mechanics in general.

What the fuck are you talking about? He's by far the easiest and most brain dead character to play as, that's why he's so fucking boring. Is this bait?

Why so mad Barry?

>He didn't played non-stop ∞ Climax

Attached: 1549573309075.jpg (600x337, 42K)

I asked this twice already, but didn't get an answer. Who the fuck is barry and why is he constantly on your mind, faggot? Can you please not associate me with your love interest?

>with zero creativity
All those Bayo combo videos with amazing setups prove you wrong easily.

go away kh fag your boogeyman doesn't exist

It's because you're a DH babby

I find Nero extremely fun if you play him like a rythm game rather than trying to play him like Dante 2.0. Managing his charge shots, Exceed, Bringer Knucle, buster and devil breakers is extremely fun when they all click together. Some Devil Brakers like Tomboy and Punchline never get old and give him an expanded moveset. Can't get into V that much though.

>Barry still mad
kek

I never played Bayonetta but does the character Bayonetta play better than Dante? If not then all discussion is irrelevant.

rent free

Let me guess, you are barry and you are trying to make yourself popular by falseflagging and calling other people barry in a sorry attempt to take their credit? Fuck off, barry. Suck a dick. And if you are not that "barry" then I have never seen a gayer faggot than you who constantly talks about another man.

Yet you still replied. :)

free of rent

can anyone answer me? i dont get it

>no dedicated dodge button
all dmc games have a dedicated dodge button. only difference is that DmC emphasized it too much by having the game go slow mo whenever you perfectly dodge an attack (which i don't fucking understand at all). this is why journos praised it because a simple press of a button made them feel like they've just discovered how to dodge a bullet. dmc isn't meant to be a dodge simulator, it's a fucking character action, it encourages you to use different moves and execute combos.
also fuck this franchise war faggotry, you can enjoy both without being an elitsit prick

>it hasa higher metacritic scores its better!
The absolute fucking state of nu/v/, determining if a game is good based on what some """journalists""" say about it.

Your inbred piece of shit opinion is not worth anything.

>deny reality
who the fuck still thinks game journalists have integrity in 2019?

Neither is yours nor some soi boi journo, so why should I care about them?

>summon a black demon to launch
>summon a black demon to bounce off the ground
>summon a black demon to AOE
>summon a black demon to do power moves
VERY creative WOW

You are posting in this thread. You tell me why you care so much.

>ad hominem
Typical nu/v/. None of you fags play vidya so you have to rely on metacritic to form a opinion on something.

Attached: 1521640203488.gif (240x234, 2.72M)

Things that you make up don't automatically become reality. Are you mentally ill or something?

>Y-You care because you called OP a retard for being retarded!
Enjoy your last (You) then you assblasted tranny.

>I-I don't care for anyones opinion
What are you? Some gay ass tsundere? Go fuck yourself you insufferable cunt.

>even more ad hominem

Attached: 1518356184517.png (421x429, 87K)

Nintendo bonus.

Obsessed.

>SWOTRISWOTRISWOTRIGUNSWOTRIGUNSWO
WOW

Are you okay? It looks like you're having a seizure.

Meme at me all you want, but it's true.

No Royalguard
Confirmed casual.

Attached: 1529340484055.png (375x374, 170K)

I'm so glad I can just enjoy and see what's good about all of the games you mentioned.
Literally all just action games where you can do cool shit. Isn't that all we want?
The only ones I hate are soulsborne cos they have no depth and are plain boring to play. Nioh and sekiro are good though.

Attached: 4c8611c90688b8ff9fe1e7200d60cb79.0.png (585x720, 804K)

>Yea Forums doing the reasonable thing
How new are you? You either worship something as a gift from God and defend it to the death and deny and flaws or you absolutely despise it and refuse to acknowledge any good parts about it.

I'm playing Bayo 2 right now, and it's great. They moved special weapons to the shooting button, and added colors to the game. Sure, Umbran Climax is overpowered, but I'm enjoying it tons.

>454060624
Emulation is the only option to run it above 720p. My eyes get tired from playing bayo 2 coming from DMC5 on PC.

This. Put V on the Switch and throw some bing bing wahoo outfits and items in there and Yea Forums (and journalists) would claim it was the best thing ever.

Deduct the Nintendo Bonus and Bayonetta 2 is 82

If they do release it on Switch, it will be a streamed version.

DMC 5 didn't have easy dodge button for low iq subhumans. AlsoBayo 2 didn't have seething DmC fansoiboys actively trying to sabotage it with review scores..

Bayonetta 2 wasn't made by nintendo, you mentally challenged faggot.

>All those fucking stutters

>m playing Bayo 2 right now, and it's great

Attached: bayo2problems.png (629x1845, 365K)

If you were smart you'd look what he replied to and see that he's mocking the guy by doing it.

Nintendo bonus has nothing to do with the game being developed by Nintendo.

Ah yes. "Nintendo bonus" apparently means that you have to cope with the fact that one game scored higher than another one.

Thanks I didn't know that.

i Beat BotW in an emulator,had zero problems,and it ran better than switch

What about the sonygers that review bombed Bayo2 for being on soitendo

Just shut the fuck up bitch

I like Bayonetta 2 quite a lot actually but I'm not deluded enough to think it deserves a fucking 92. I don't think any Bayonetta fan is.

I've seen that image, but it doesn't reflect the amounts of fun I'm having with the game.

Attached: play history.jpg (1715x886, 186K)

Can you please stop talking to me? You have clearly mental issues. Why don't you ask a psychiatrist about your "nintendo bonus" problem.

who said that every action game must have a dedicated Dodge Button? dmc Works fine without it,and if you are too dumb to Lock and Dodge the jump Button hás i frames

Or maybe you should deal with the fact Bayonetta 2 is definitely not at 92.

Bayonetta can barely do half of what Dante can in 5. She’s about as complex as Nero is without the execution barrier to do the really cool shit and because you sound like a scrub who needs dial-a-combo to anything cool looking it makes sense that you like the easier game.

Bayonetta 2 is pretty shit mate. Lots of anons itt have explained why.

A lot of that is nitpicking. The two valid complaints are Umbran Climax and Witch Time changes.

>Stone awards on XIV

What's going on user

>pointed out legit problems about convoluted controls
>s-shut up! g-git gud, s-scrub!
Damn, you fanboys are insufferable.

DMC5 is for fightinggamefags who suck at fighting games and want to take their frustration out on a wooden dummies that don't fight back.

>l-look how deep the combat it
>I need to input simple commands that existed since the 80's!

Those nitpicks add up to a general feeling of less variety and trying to force the player to rely on witch time and umbral climax.
The changes to wicked weave also suck ass.

Attached: 34.png (566x609, 428K)

It's a nintendo exclusive brainlet.

Not a big fan of the space harrier section, but I'll get around to it.

>I need my combos decided for me in advance because I suck!
Bayos fun but let’s stop pretending it’s not railroaded as fuck.

>DMC5
>a game with infinite revives thus no tension
>good

>DMC5 is better the more you play it, almost infinitely
>Bayo (at least 1) is immediately accessible
>reviews go up day one
Hmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder if journalists ever dedicate themselves to a game or if they're fucking zoomers who can't focus long enough for a second playthrough, let alone 5-10

Bayo2 isn't even half as good as Bayo1

DMC5 would score better if you played as Dante in the Nero sections. Nero overall feels kinda bad to play if you aren't an expert at the exceed mechanic and Dante feels great even if you just use 2 styles and 2 weapons.

>reviving
Enjoy your shit rank scrub

>You're forced to revive infinitely if you die instead of restarting the level on your own
Great

Nice image from 2007

Rivining is admitting you do indeed have ADHD and only want to see the cutscenes.

I have to agree with the rest. The lack of a simplified, omni directional dodge button is what really made the game kind of a chore to me compared to games like Bayonetta, Nier Automata, and even Dark Souls/Nioh that has rolling mechanics instead. DMCV just feels kinda stiff. It basically still just plays the same as DMC3 a decade ago but you get to do more stuff (especially with regards to Dante's revamped skillset), which is cool for fans of the series I guess, but Platinum and Fromsoft has just spoiled me.

>j-just don't use an intended game mechanic that even breaks the "hardest" difficulty
Every single other game gets called out for game breaking bullshit like infinite heal potions and mid fight checkpoints.

Enjoy your casual shit.

In before he backpedals and says the game has a revive function therefore its DESIGNED AROUND REVIVES, just like the useless DLC shop that allows you to buy Red Orbs so the game is designed to give you less.

I feel like it’s that in combination with peoples hesitation on how and when to use breaker.
But man once you start to get Nero he becomes just as fun as Dante in my opinion, especially post-game.

You just missed him actually

Fuck this is awful bait but I'm so fucking mad at you for saying something so fucking dumb. Fuck yourself.

You can LITERALLY
>dodge left or right
>time it better for a better dodge
>use trickster
>parry
>break animations with the right attack
>jump
>use specific non-jump techniques to reposition yourself

Literally, LITERALLY if you get hit it's always your fault

If you're good enough you won't get to use those mechanics though?
What's the problem here, exactly?
Is your gamer cred being threatened?
Pathetic bait, here's your (you).

Don't pretend there's that much combo variety in DMC.

>Triangle, Triangle, Triangle
>Triangle, delay, Triangle, Triangle
>Air Combo
>Stinger
>BREAKDOWN

>OP left out the user scores
lmao keep SEETHING, Bayocuck.

Attached: OP BTFO.png (713x679, 112K)

Reminder that self imposed difficulty doesn't improve bad game design. You can choose not to overpower yourself and pause in heal in Nier but it still doesn't make the chip/heal system good.

The jump has i-frames on it.

That said, I think DMC is designed around limited defensive options, compared to bayo and Ninja Gaiden.

Bayo 2s user score was literally dragged down by "how could they betray us, PORT IT NOW!"

The smoothest option there is Trickster but still nowhere as smooth as like say, Nier Automata's dodge mechanic.

t. C rank

The game has some big gameplay destroyers like

>You cant swap betwen devil breakers
>V's devil trigger is broken

>Dante's sin devil trigger is op aswell

>Yelow orbs are quite unfair even if you are playing in son of Spartan mode

>If you die whit Nero you dont recover any devil breakers, pusing you to spend red orbs making it too annoyng

>In like 45% of the game the character tracks are substituted for generic combat music

>The 3 repeated bosses of V's dream are a cheap way to finish his arc

>i dont get why V's pets try to kill dante looking like another cheap bossfitgh

Aside all of that is a total masterpiece

People saying bayo 2 is better than 1 either
>played it once and didn’t try any other difficulties
>probably did the same with 1
>don’t give a fuck if it has all the horrible design choices on the combo system, witch time, Umbrian climax, item spam, etc because “muh color palette and no qtes”
I swear the moment anyone says bayo 1 is rightly better about 5 people immediately says mug qtes because that’s ALL bayo 2 has over it.

>Neither are dedicated
Holy shit good work user you just proved you're not worth even speaking to outside of just directly insulting, you fucking retard.

>The jump has i-frames on it.
Was this also a thing in DMC3 and DMC4?

Yes?

Over half the people who beat the game used revives on the last boss (m19 since 20 is a victory lap) in the game. How is this a good thing?

Attached: 20.jpg (948x225, 60K)

/thread

I think it was, yes. Right at the very start of the jumping animation.

The thing about bayo is that most people played it without realizing that dodge offset is a thing.

I was wondering why bayo 1 didn't include a tutorial on dodge offset. The fact that bayo 2 introduced umbran climax makes me think that devs don't want to scare people off by making them learn execution.

This enjoy both
Both DMC and Bayonetta have had similar staff
Remember Platinum games staff is literally Ex Capcom employees

>That said, I think DMC is designed around limited defensive options
Somewhat true for Nero and V, but Dante literally has a style that gives him mobility that would make Bayo blush and another one that gives him block/parry

Or just the fact that it's shit.

DMC 3 and 4 were already better than Bayo 1 though.
And Bayo 1 was better than 2.

You shouldn't base your opinions on Metacritic since the journalists that bolster those reviews don't actually play the games youtube.com/watch?v=bZWSoV6zE0M

Attached: 1515149517286.jpg (1067x1000, 132K)

To be fair it says continues, which means the people who just retired count along with the ones that used the orbs

Most non-faggots do like both but I think it’s okay to prefer one to the other and to discuss why.
Not this thread though as the whole thing was pure bait from the get go

So? You're meant to play this game multiple times. I remember dying countless times back when I played vanilla DMC3. Then way later I was doing no hit run on DMD. What's your point?

If you mean retry then no, since I retried 3 times and got the achievement.

Eh, I think the panther form in bayo is more versitile. I agree though, Dante has better options, especially with royal guard, which kinda breaks the Normal difficulty where enemies hardly attack you.

Still, even royal guard required you to master its timing if you want to make the best out of it.

are 5 metacritic points really enough to justify a shitpost thread?

Attached: 1536513736539.jpg (520x391, 51K)

>DMC 3 and 4 were already better than Bayo 1 though.
A lot of people will disagree.

For me it's Ninja Gaiden 2 > bayo 1 > DMC5.

It’s either be trapped by Nintendo or just die.
It’s like join the navy or die in the cold

Bayonetta has big tiddy mommy for main player character and that's it.

Bad game design is bad. Self imposed challenges doesn't fix it, it just mitigates it on a player by player basis.

Metacritic is the only thing Bayofags had for quite some time now. I don't remember the last time we had Bayo 2 thread that didn't involve just jerking off to metascore.

>Self imposed challenges
Uhhh, multiple difficulties are not self-imposed. They're part of the game. Part of the genre.
When I said that I was doing a no-hit run it was because I got good. Not because I was "self-imposing" a challenge. As opposed to dying multiple times on normal difficulty the first time.

>As a matter of fact you can play bayo 2 and DMCV on PC you fucking retard.
Emulators don't count mate, only real releases.

why did you hide the user score? it's not like the journo ones matter.

DMC fag here. anyone who's still a KH fag after the abortion that was KH3 is mentally ill. I would never shake hands with them.

You can revive on DMD though and people are bound to be dying more on that mode thus using a bad game mechanic even more.

Anyone who ever was a KHfag was always mentally ill.

>admitting to using gold orbs
Absolute state of shitters.

DMC5's rating is in line with the other DMC games
Also Bayo 2 is quite honestly just more normie friendly

>A lot of people will disagree.
A lot of people also love Fortnite and Nu-GoW.
Argumentum ad populum. Opinions of the masses and journalists aren't worth acknowledging just because many hold them.

Define smooth. What does N:A's dodge do that none of the abilities I listed can't?

I fought the DMC5 teleporter cunt on SoS last night and perfect dodged (sidestepped) an entire attack string, I've never felt that in control of a character in any game ever

>You cant swap betwen devil breakers
Why do people want this? Every Devil Breaker beside Helter-skelter is good no matter the situation.

No Nintendo bonus and modern game journalism.
But theories aside i personally had more fun plying Bayonetta 2 than DMCV but i just like the series more than DMC in general.

Attached: 1549738408795.gif (480x270, 346K)

Fuck you Bayonetta 2 basically fixed everything I hated about 1
Those fucking insta death qte

So what? The times of game over screens are long gone, people don't have patience for hard games nowadays. If you don't see how the yellow orbs make sense in DMC5, you're simply out of touch.

Meanwhile, hardcore players such as yourself can just ignore it, and restart from a checkpoint.

Your argument is even worse.

>V is better.
His gameplay is not that great.

Why are you bringing up masses? Sorry if it wasn't obvious I was referring to players who love action games.

That’s the only thing Bayo 2 has over 1

>People are still calling this DMCV
Jesus christ the title has a number "5" on it. People don't call DMC3 DMCIII or DMC4 DMCIV.

Attached: 1552250598681-v.png (534x520, 343K)

Complaining about insta death qte's is a sure sign you didn't play the game at least twice. Once you've unlocked Climax, you already know what's coming at you.

>newcomer that wants a dedicated dodge button (DmC) also prefers Bayo and uses vague buzzwords to justify it
I HOPE that this is just a falseflag in order to make Bayonetta fans seem like retards. I hope you're not one of these people

>Girls are ugly
They're not. In fact they're even hotter now. Maybe Trish's face look kinda crack whore-ish.

Both are sleep inducing tbqhfam

Attached: 1270741554245.jpg (500x375, 75K)

implying

>snoyfags are even more shit

Attached: dmc5.jpg (1200x541, 134K)

It wasn't an argument, just dismissal. I don't waste my time arguing about stylish action game mechanics on Yea Forums anymore.
I just hang around /cgg/ these days.

I hate to say it but unironically Bayo 2 got that score because it was a Nintendo exclusive

>only 20% of the people who beat the game never used a revive on the final boss
embarassing

>Game journos are subhuman until I can use their opinions to shit post

Kill yourself.

They're trying to be intelligent and cultured

>mash button to get the bonus!
FUCKING STOP
>decide to only mash at half speed because fuck your 1000 halos
>instadeath
Oh they're still there, just not in the same way. But yeah removing them from the stages was an improvement.

>I don't remember the last time we had Bayo 2 thread that didn't involve just jerking off to metascore
You know what, you're right I don't either. It's a shame too because Bayonetta is a great series and 2 is a great game. Metacritic really is a cancer.

While I haven't and don't plan to read DMCV reviews, I can imagine that's one of the reasons the game is scoring in the 80s. Nero and Dante don't have instant get out of jail free cards from the start unlike V. I haven't gotten to Dante in the story yet, but Nero's side roll and Table Hopper, with the latter needed to be unlocked, only work if he's locked onto something and I'm betting Dante isn't any different. There's no dedicated dodge or evade like in DmC or Bayonetta.

At the same time that's what makes DMC what it is. What you're able to do depends on whether or not you're locked on and you have to alternate between both. You can't just lock on and go ham on everything and occasionally dodge, you have to know when to let up and back off at your own discretion or pay for it.

gaming journalists are retarded, bayo 2 was a step down from 1 in almost every way while dmc5 was a step up from 4 in almost every way.

>smoothest
>smooth
Why are Yea Forumsermin so vague when it comes to describing in-depth mechanics?
How is Asstomata dodge "smooth" or objectively better in any way? Is it because it's braindead since it gives you a retarded amount of invincibility frames because the game has tacked on shmup elements and the only way to balance those in a 3D game is to make the movement babby-mode tier?

Attached: kusoge.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

This website train people to use dumb fucking words so they don't reveal just how shallow their knowledge of mechanics is.

Yeah I reckon that's the case. It wasn't always like this though. Things really degenerated lately.

Attached: 1550188331095.jpg (720x720, 73K)

Maybe it's you who's bad at comprehension if you don't know what "smooth" means?

Kingdom hearts... Zoomer plz