Loire

>Loire
>レウァール
>Rewāru

How the fuck is this stupid name pronounced?

Attached: Ff8-laguna2.jpg (866x946, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ロワール川
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like noir but with an L

Are you retarded?

i've been saying rinoa like rhino-a luckily ff8 isn't popular so people can have their head cannon on how things are said.

rowa like rowan

americans can't into language lmao

KEE-STISS

>Squall.
>スコール
>Sukōru

How the fuck do you pronounce this name? Who thought this was a good idea?

Attached: whatever.png (1095x903, 299K)

It's French

Attached: River Phoenix squall.jpg (225x225, 10K)

>>レウァール
>>Rewāru

ウ is u, not wa

Wait, really? I've never gone for the u side of saying it, I've kept it on the o side.

Like the word loiter, but instead of the -ter (or -der) just the -r.

ウァ converts u to wa, though.

Never seen this one, that's great.

Ahhh, Jpop's obsession with the French language. It's still running strong, too... from what I know. Unless Kpop changed the landscape that much.

Damn, this guy would be a perfect Squall. What's he up to these days?

No.
nwär

Like "Film Noir" except the "N" is an "L"

Attached: Man With the Machine-Gun.jpg (850x2527, 370K)

It's the name of a river in France. is correct.

Attached: 1280px-LoireAChamptoceaux.jpg (1280x960, 194K)

He's a florist.

Attached: river.jpg (386x280, 42K)

What a weird origin for a name, but then again I guess this is a series where some dude's last name is fucking "Strife."

ウ is used for W sounds sometimes, like in ウォークマン

Squall is explicitly stated by Nomura to be based to look like him.

I fuckin' laughed, dude. Nice.

Attached: Adel.jpg (320x224, 28K)

Yes, I know how to say Noir, but I've always interpreted Loire differently. If his last name was, let's say, Louwre, I would've gone for that sort of substitution as you did.

It's supposedly a subtle hint at his connection with Squall. Both of them (and Raine) have water-inspired named. Laguna takes his surname from a river, which flows calmly, contrasting with the more turbulent imagery Squall's name invokes.

>River Phoenix
>What's he up to these days?
>He's a florist.
You know, sometimes, Yea Forums is alright.

Attached: Balamb Port.gif (448x224, 197K)

I don't get it.

Dude's dead. I assume the florist thing is similar to the "pushing up daisies" euphemism.

gay ass joke.

I don't see it much. I think this guy from AYAOTD was the missed opportunity.

Attached: image.jpg (873x645, 64K)

>Lawyer

Why are Zell and Irving such shit characters?.

If they were women they would be some of the most beloved characters in the series, especially Irving.

Zell is the best.
He eats hot dogs and doesn’t afraid of anything

Look at those fucking forearms.

9/10: everything before the Prison
7/10: Prison to Esthar
4/10: Esthar to getting the Ragnarok
7/10: endgame content to Ultimecia

reminder that FF8 is the most underrated of the entire series

I doubt anyone would even know who David was, dude. They'd be surprised to know Ryan Gosling was even a child actor.

That has the j in-between the i and the r, so it's not quite the same.

Gotta give Nomura credit. He makes his men look like men.

>Your dad will never be as cool as Laguna
Why live.

I'd gay FF8 men

Attached: Face_of_Seifer_Almasy.jpg (2000x3268, 907K)

It has the best atmosphere and IMHO the most interesting characters. It's just that the English version was botched.

If you're the type that thinks Squall says "whatever" too often, then I already dismiss anything you have to say as being foolishly pedantic.

Attached: Raijin.jpg (500x600, 44K)

Fujin > Raijin

Laguna > Fujin > everyone else.

S O U L

Laguna is the best!

Attached: 1552228952444.png (960x800, 99K)

I still like that the game started with Squall and Seifer each giving each other cool scars that really added to the aesthetic of their designs.

He was the only good thing about FF8

Also, why is he naked?

Zell isnt he has the best limit break in the game eats hot dogs and tears each boss a new one

Yes, to nothing but retarded plot points

What in the fuck are you talking about? They were literally the same fucking game nothing was botched it was what it was.

The translation was awful like all of Square's PS1 games.

I honestly don't know what the fuck Square's problem is, they've ported the games to so many systems at this point, they could easily sit down and do a retranslation. But they're so fucking lazy they just rerelease it with no changes and I guess everyone is too stupid to care because they just keep buying it.

>FF Tactics, Xenogears or Vagrant Story
>translation was awful

You have to admit they could have been better.

Of course you think that, your brainlet sized brain didn't get the joke the first time.

Attached: 2Q.png (221x228, 57K)

If you can stomach 1, 3, 5 (but 5 was written to be humorous so it's okay), 9, any of the 13s, you've got far enough tolerance for FF8s story

I'm impressed how long it's been without you-know-who popping up over this.

5 is written to be humorous? I did not know that. Maybe I should try it.

>how long it's been
...10 minutes?

There is a shit ton of comedy in 5 in all phases of the game. More than any other FF in the series.

>Loire
>spelled the same as noire, just with an L instead of an N
>how do i pronounce this entirely alien combination of letters?!?!

Don't underestimate that motherfucker.

This is only correct for the English localized name.
You would write Loire as ロワール (rowaaru) in Japanese.

not him, but they're light years above just about everything else of that era

Even he sleeps sometimes. Wouldn't be surprised if he's here within the hour, though.

>he can't differentiate between a "wa" and "u" in katakana
Never gonna make it

...Yeah, and that makes noir but with an L, your point?

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ロワール川
Interesting! I had assumed that the Japanese name was their interpretation of the French word, but you're super right. Thanks!

Barneyfag is dead, long live ponies!

Attached: 1461048827361.png (858x804, 377K)

Who gives a fuck, Japs are retarded when it comes to any western sounding or fantasy name. Anyone who pronounces it like the katakana reads is a retard that ignores that Japs would give their little left nuts to be able to say a name like Loire without sound like a 6 year spastic.

Final Fantasy started to become a queerfest with 7

Well. This is a series where Climb Hazard became Climhazzard in localization because the people translating the game are retarded. So I think it's fair to assume that the name Loire is not representative of whatever name they were intending to give him.

Somewhat related, here's how they write Belial. As in, you know, the demon.
ベリアル

So how is Belial actually supposed to be pronounced? Because that doesn't match either of the pronunciations I know.

Climb hazard sounds really dumb

Not as dumb as Climhazzard.

Climb hazard is worse because it doesn’t at all describe what Cloud is doing in his limit

Climhazzard being a dumb made up name means it signifies nothing at all, which is better

He jumps (climbs) into the air, and damages the enemy in a way that is very hazardous to its health.

fucker really is dead

Nah. If you say his name too many times he comes back. He's dangerous.

Skuoll

The FFT translation was crap, Xenogears was serviceable, and VS was excellent. Meanwhile, FFVIII has one of the best JRPG translations of its time except for Ultimecia's speech in Deling, which was inexplicably completely rewritten.