Name god tier game engines

Name god tier game engines

Attached: RE_ENGINE_Logo.jpg (1800x1925, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o3ejmj2KmW8
lmgtfy.com/?q=euphoria physics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Decima

Attached: Decima asset loading.webm (800x450, 812K)

id tech 3
/thread

>tfw Street Fighter 6 on RE Engine

Attached: buddha.jpg (549x550, 74K)

Attached: Fox_engine_logo101.png (264x320, 45K)

Attached: B1B843D9-2EB6-46DA-845E-36E9AF1576A3.jpg (620x300, 13K)

these are the two best Japanese engines.
Too bad Konami is so fucking shit that Fox engine is going to just waste away unused

Whose hand is that?

Fucking classic Castlevania type game on it. Whooooooooooooooooo mama

xray 1.6

Is RE Engine just the next gen version of MT Framework?

God I can't wait for DD2.

This engine hates my pc. Both re2 and dmc5 stutter often, even on low settings. Only problem is that apparently this happens to fewer people, some guy on resetera has the exact same problem as me. I mean its playable for sure, but its extremely frustrating when I have to sandbag these settings when I'm capable of running it at high.

Mine.

they need to fix the dogshit anti-aliasing first and then it'll be god tier

This beauty right here

You're definitely in the minority. It runs fantastic for most people.

youtube.com/watch?v=o3ejmj2KmW8
yes more or less

Attached: buildpreview.png (300x200, 20K)

I had stuttering issues on RE7.
DMC5 runs absolutely perfect though.

Attached: balala5.jpg (531x508, 34K)

how do you even make a game engine?

only three games have used it. two were amazing and one was shit. Needs more use to see

>xray 1.6
Bugsplat has encountered an error. Open xray also known as x64 xray is the best xray engine.

Back in the day, MT Framework was literal black magic
I could get 720p 60FPS on an absolute potato of a computer with the original DMC4

Hijacking this RE engine for an RE2 question
Claire or Leon first?

Turn off DX12 in both games. For DMC5, you have to turn it off by editing the INI file

literally who
essentially

Banished to the pachinko mines

good question
for canon Claire A Leon B

>Street Fighter 6
SF6 is no where in sight

Unity, of course.

For me its Adobe Flash

I know and it really sucks. I shouldn't have to buy a new card or anything since my rigs decent, and is probably stronger than the ps5 or whatever the fuck is coming out.
I did, believe me I tried everything to no avail.

RAGE

Not the latest version though. The GTA IV version.

Sure survive was crap but MGSV was so good that it was fun to just fuck around

>All of this optimization but my PS4 Pro still sounded like a fucking horse during loading and map.

Attached: tumblr_oqhh55xv3D1vmqmo0o1_1280.jpg (748x667, 114K)

latest version that RDR2 uses is the GTA IV version but better

Is RE Engine just a re-branded Panta Rhei?

Attached: capcom-panta-rhei-engine.png (1024x576, 547K)

they also used it for some soccer games

>pro
more like PS jew

It's better than V, but still not as good as it was in IV

Write a lot of code.

>tfw no MGS collection completely done on the fox engine

Attached: 1404652679198.jpg (704x400, 19K)

Red Engine 3 = Witcher 3

what was so good about it

Konami will never put in the work. Just accept it.

Better ragdolls, more car deformation, better environmental destruction.

how do you make a game engine

That's the euphoria physics you brainlet bandwagoner.

People in 4 feel like paper when you walk into them.

Euphoria isn't an engine. It's a middleware used to handle physical dynamic animation.

Normally I would agree, but W3 is the only game I've ever encountered that causes consistent BSODs on my pc.
Do any other games besides W3 use it?

It's a physics engine. Stop trying to act smart.

ur mom's a physics engine

Whatever you say retard

and RAGE is the game engine. We are talking about game engines ITT. GTA5 could've had GTA4's physics if they'd just decided to use them, but they toned it down intentionally because most people didn't like them in 4 and thought the cars were to slippery and the people made of paper

Yeah. They even got RE5 Mercs running on 3DS using MT.

BASED

lmgtfy.com/?q=euphoria physics

>specifically mention physics
>hurr durr it's not the physics engine
Why do you retards act like you're smart when you're wrong?

burn

Re2 ran beautifully for me but re7 was an ugly stuttering mess. They're definitely optimizing it more witg each iteration

Attached: Mtframework-logo.png (250x78, 9K)

>knock enemy out
>body locked in a certain position, doesn’t roll down hills, no ragdoll
>kill enemy
>awfully basic ragdoll activates

>run enemy over with a vehicle
>enemy flies away like a literal ragdoll

Body physics aren’t that good, vehicle physics are shit though, try crashing into an another vehicle, it’s a joke. It looks pretty though

based. I was fucking pissed when they turned Lost Planet 3 into a faggoty gears of war clone with the epic engine

>tfw no super expensive remakes of mgs 1-3, PW and no remaster of mgs4
>Konami bad
You guys live in a fairy tale or something?

One of the best. Dragon's Dogma running at 50-60 fps on my $300 shitheap was the best surprise ever.

>epic engine
meant unreal.

this is nothing special frustum culling is present in literally every game engine ever

Which is more mod friendly: RE Engine or MT Framework?

Build even though it's coded like ass
GoldSrc
MT Framework
Qfusion
RE Engine
Serious Engine 4

Attached: CreationEngine.jpg (300x169, 7K)

>Serious Engine 4

Man I hope they hit their target of 100,000 enemies on screen with SS4.

Attached: Yamcha.gif (480x346, 3.01M)

I just like to post pictures and webms of what I'm talking about when I talk about them, and that's the only one I could find about the technical / engine shit.
It's still a great engine even the webm is nothing special

Attached: Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170715233848.jpg (1920x1080, 1.19M)

most likely, it looks very similar to Deep Down

Attached: Screenshot_20190311-161527_YouTube.jpg (2220x1080, 592K)

Attached: RenderwareLogo.jpg (351x56, 4K)

>from GTA3 to Killer7
Yeah, it's cool

The RAGE engine in RDR2 looks as good as HZD while being less stylized and with way better draw distance. The characters in HZD generally look much more real than in RDR2 though (not talking about if you like the character designs, and also most NPCs have better faces than Aloy)

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181211200851.webm (960x408, 3M)

>source

Attached: images.jpg (373x135, 8K)

Thats because there's a small "weight" that dead corpses get reduced to so they can go wacky waving inflatable arm dude with. Lots of games do this same shit by reducing weight of things to really show off the zany new physics. Don't blame the engine

Starbreeze engine

Fully visible player model with hands reacting to collision with objects
Great reflections and lighting

Attached: B0C07DBF-DD76-4799-852E-039CB7541DC2.png (480x360, 150K)

stop decompiling maps, retard

Fuck wrong pic
Sorry for potato quality, can’t find the dope mirror gif

Attached: 065FAE58-3405-45D1-A004-6B1F243BD809.jpg (846x492, 67K)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Why couldn’t they give different weight values to human enemies and to inflatable objects? Especially since there’s no need to showcase something as ancient as ragdoll

no todd

MT Frameworks was alright.

the one Divinity: OS2 uses

They both are, it's just that RE and now MH gets all the modding love while other games (Dragon's Dogma) get diddly squat

Gamebryo, i'm not joking

I will say that material swaps are the greatest thing ever for a level designer. I don't have to manually reassign textures on a manually made copy of a nif just to make one tiny trim piece match a different map tile piece or other static. I wish this got backported to Skyrim SE

It's the opposite for me. Re7 runs without any stutters. And re2 stutters for me quite frequently. I've even made my settings to the lowest and still got them. My cpu usage never reached 100 either. After googling the stuttering issues it seems like other people have them around the same areas.

MT frameworks was better for it's time but that's not even an insult. RE engine is very well optimized for how good it looks and game file-size is lower than it has any right to be.

Attached: 1552126661802.jpg (624x1215, 80K)

Too bad they wont use it no more :(

This. Godtier PS2 era engine

that has nothing to do with the engine and everything to do with game design. do you even know what a fucking engine is?

Shitty ragdoll implementation is game design? Okay what’s so good about Fox Engine?

euphoria isn't a game engine. neither is havok. you seem to have problems grasping simply concepts, maybe because you're a fucking retard? next time you see a thread full of topics your tiny chimp brain can't comprehend, just move on without posting.

Recent events have nothing to do with that. The last game that used Starbreeze engine was Syndicate and it was already it’s gimped version, the lighting was not even close to the quality level of Assault in dark Athena, there wasn’t a single reflection in the whole game. So it hasn’t been put to real use for 10 years already, sadly

graphics and optimization

>all these inhouse engines
kys, you guys know nothing. the best engine is Unreal Engine. Top tech, easy to use, and tons of support. In house engines can only compete on the technology front, but few manage to outdo Unreal Engine.

The engine made by DICE

Attached: images (1).png (250x91, 2K)

One of the best.

Attached: ss+(2019-03-11+at+05.30.25).jpg (511x241, 21K)

frostbite?

Frostbite has awful hit detection, everything is floaty and the netcode is crap, I’m sure it’s the engine being unoptimised and not your crappy “that’s not game engine” excuses

>everything is floaty
??? is this a problem with battlefield 5 or something? I don't remember things being "floaty" in bf4, and i've played some bf1 and a tiny bit of bf5 and i didn't notice anything like that in those games either.

/thread

no