What does Yea Forums think of the y's series?

Attached: 32499326283_41b2207623_h-755x425.jpg (755x425, 64K)

Pretty fucking underrated ARPG series, full of fun and fast-paced combat, legendary music and ADVENTURE alike.

Playing Y's VIII on Inferno right now. My first Y's game and it's pretty great so far.

Remember when Dogi was relevant? Falcom doesn't.

Make sure to play Oath, Chronicles, and Origin afterwards in that order for some peak ARPG and adventurekino

Just you wait until he and Elena meet up again in Ys IX

Ys is too hard for most of Yea Forums. These are the type of people that complain that you need to pay for a map in Hollow Knight. 10 years ago you could discuss Ys here, not today with all these casuals.

Good shit user thanks for the recs.

Attached: ys8.jpg (1200x800, 203K)

I did the same for my introduction to the series. I had to try each boss like 10 times. It was rough, but fun.

I look forward to the next one

Attached: D0x9BQ2VAAELNCd.jpg (1131x1600, 322K)

What's the best way to play 1&2?

Diagonally

Chronicles+ on PC is considered to be the most recent and evolved form, but I found the mobile ports serviceable to the gameplay system as well.
Also this

It's decent. Only one I couldn't get into was Ark

I really enjoyed building up the village in VIII. It was prime comfy.

Yeah I've had to re-do quite most bosses quite a few times. The only one that really fucked me up though was the spider. I thought I was going to have a fucking stroke.

based and Adol the Redpilled
although it does make Ys discussion a lot lonelier on here, but perhaps that's for the better.

Alright thanks I might get Chronicles+ on the PC or for my Vita then

The bump system games are meh. I like more depth to my combat system. Origin and Oath are some of the best action rpgs around. The series from Seven-onward has been mediocre. I did not enjoy the change to party-based combat. VIII is a cut above Seven and Celceta if only because the Dana segments mimic the style of Ys that I adore, and is probably the peak of the series. Make an entire game of just that and you’ve got a masterpiece.

A shadow of its former self, representative of the state of nu-Falcom.

Falcom's last bastion after the Senpocalypse.

Ys is pretty great, just wish they would try something new or innovate beyond the party system, its getting stale and I'd like to see them push boundaries like they did with VI, OiF, and Origin

I'm hoping that the Monstrum abilities in IX will be a breath of fresh air, if nothing else.

Hate to say it, but they’re sticking with the formula of party based combat, excessive cutscenes, and tedious map exploration that drags the pacing because that’s what sells. The fast-paced, tightly-crafted games of yore will never return.

Which Ys game where Adol get to fuck heroine?

>Adol
>Fucking heroines
The only thing he'd be lubing up is his boat rims to prepare for another adventure.

Isn't his diary said that he eventually fuck one of his girl along the way?

The only ones I haven't played are cCelceta and VIII. Is Celceta as bad as some people on Yea Forums made me believe? My autism forces me to play every game

Celceta isn't awful but it is a weaker title than the more high rated ones. Still worth play

it's great in terms of gameplay it just hits you over the head with the stupid stick in terms of story. it's hamfisted and the bosses are either annoying or too easy. it's definitely not the best in the series. although if you turn your brain off, it's still fun and short enough to get over.