Attached: DD2.jpg (800x450, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vg247.com/2019/02/07/dragons-dogma-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Megaman Legends 3

> Would actually benefit from Open world
> Roll as the protagonist trying to rescue Mega Man from the moon
Would be so fucking good

I don't think DD2 is going to work with how Capcom is making games now.

Same. It'll be like TW3 or some shit instead of like DD.

I want it but I'm worried they'd fuck it up.

Out of all the games I want sequels for, this is the one I want the most. Fucking please Capcom.

>with how Capcom is making games now.
What, how they're making good games again?

I didn't say they were bad.

I did

ok?

How about a real Monster Hunter 5 first?

what? what evidence is there that they'd turn it into a story focused, streamlined gameplay adventure game with stats? RE2 remake and DMC5 are as defiantly 'video gamey' as they've ever been, and have been well-received by the core fanbases. Why would Itsuno and Capcom strip away what made DD unique and turn it into yet another open world cinematic 'RPG'?

Whole time I was playing DMC 5, it felt like a bunch of enemies and mechanics in the game could clearly serve as groundwork for stuff in DD2

thats world pal, shut up and eat it nerd

Dragon's Dogma is mediocre at best.

BING

just a reminder that Capcom knows people are looking forward to this and will def make it now that DMC 5 is selling well they port DD to every console since its release

BING

Reminder: vg247.com/2019/02/07/dragons-dogma-2/

>Capcom said Hideaki Itsuno could make Dragon’s Dogma 2, but he chose to make DMC5 first
>“So, when the discussion came up for Devil May Cry 5, I went to Kenzo [Kenzo Tsujimoto, Capcom founder] and I said… look, I want to make either Devil May Cry 5 or Dragon’s Dogma 2 next,” Itsuno told VG247 through a translator as part of a Devil May Cry 5 media tour. “He said ‘okay, do whatever you want. Do whichever one you want.’ So I thought, alright, y’know what… let’s do DMC5. So we did that.”

DD2 is almost definitely in the pipeline.

>first time playing dd
>testing the controls in the prologue
>suddenly stinger

WAHOO

>Dragon's Dogma was a fairly large new IP, something like 4 million lifetime sales at this point
>tons of praise, but with many ultimately saying it was half baked and needed to be fleshed out more
>Itsuno expresses his interest in making a worthy successor for Dragon's Dogma and that he wants to do it more than anything else
>"I don't think it's going to work out bro"

I pray to fucking god that DD2 drops and has rights to some Berserk content again...
Just please...
I'd finally die happy if it released this gen too.

Attached: 1552117262080.png (364x346, 148K)

Me too, i'm not blind.

THE WIND IS PUSHING ME

>MHW is shit
>RE2 looks like shit
>Not interested in DMC5
>Capcom renaissance
I was hyped for DD2, but looking at capcoms recent games makes me feel like it'll be dog shit. Probably pushing psuedo realistic shit like MHW which will cripple the game and make it have very little content because they'd have to spend all the money bringing it up to that level of polish. Also, probably make it more story focused.

Disliking popular things doesn't make you an interesting person.

>boss fight with a priest
>he hits you with his book

You're joking right? DD seems like it'd benefit massively from the increased realism, especially given the first game's emphasis on light and darkness, and exploration. It already had a lot of small misc details too like wetness having an impact, as well as body weight.

Dude you're so unique wow dude so awesome you're like nobody else dude woooow.

Sorry dude but MHW is the most polished monhun game to date and DD can definitely benefit from that. Also why would you shit on games you haven't even played lmao

ive never been so angry and hateful towards a game solely because i need more, this game is seriously the ultimate tease, i didnt know what i was getting into so i thought i had discovered the greatest videogame ever made until it suddenly became more and more apparent that i had already discovered almost the entire map after only a couple hours of playing

i need more capcom I FUCKING NEED IT FUCK YOUUU

Attached: dd.png (1852x779, 1.27M)

I have issues but I'm glad I'm not this jaded and unhappy

>mfw Monster Hunter: World 2 and you and your fellow Nintendies are on suicide watch.

Attached: 1374559759672.jpg (394x391, 28K)

Would have loved to visit Elven sanctuary.

You sound a bit autistic.

i want a dogma game set in TES

but can i keep maelstrom and bolide?

i would have loved to visit the fucking moon

given the nature of the themes of the game i wouldnt be even remotely mad is dd2 was literally the exact same game , with the PC starting in cassadis and going the the encampment, meeting the she goat ect. , just with the full map and an actual plot that doesn't skip from the beginning right to the end

Play as a Warrior.

Attached: 0004-003.jpg (1074x1600, 399K)

>elves
>several islands
>endless tower to the fucking moon
honestly the battled up abandoned castles and ruined towers feels like it's intentional to show what could've been but this is all that's left when deadlines were closing in.

Real talk have there even been any hints at it being made?
Would it be reasonable to hope it comes out on PS4 and ported to PS5? Maybe?

I would like slow-casting magic in general to switch from holding down the cast button to allowing you to press a sequence of keys to speed it up. Give it a short window for correct input so we can get the Helldivers panicked inputs feel.

I doubt they have started yet. Next generation for sure.

great idea pham

How many women will be sexually harassed during the making of that?

Itsuno wants to make DD 2, it was one of the options he wanted to make between that and DMC 5. Don't think it'll be done within this gen

>Lv 80 moon level

Attached: RPPP-19.jpg (595x569, 119K)

>Moon
do you think there were Goblins there in the original?

One Arisen's Bond wouldn't have been enough to visit there.

If we're reusing everything then they could throw in DDO classes as well.

Speaking of DDO, how does the world in that match up to the regular game?

DD2 would benefit more from being "next-gen" than DMC5 would, to be honest. I fucking love DMC but that franchise has been hitting it pretty strong since DMC3. Dragon's Dogma ran like shit and had loads of untapped potential. Maybe the tech still isn't quite there, but maybe a next gen DD2 coming out in like 3-5 years from now could have ray tracing, which would look amazing in a game that so heavily emphasized lighting, compared to a lot of others.

I don't know if you notice or care but Capcom is sucking the dick of the west.

I wonder what the moon would've been like.

based

>Wolves hunt in packs!

Attached: Luna_Wolves_Shoulder_Pad.jpg (403x384, 35K)

Itsuno is going to be put on something. DMC5 is a massive success and he was literally given a choice between the two of them before. It's coming.

imagine exploring the unknown and getting caught out in the dark night in some forest with your party and having an encounter with some large horrible monster and just barely scraping by and coming across one of those small villages like a candle light in the vast dark and pulling up to the inn and resting, but not before chatting with people and picking up some quests to do in the area to give something to do while you explore the region

Attached: 1541034827725.jpg (409x409, 64K)

Imagine an even more involved and interactive pawn system.

>DMC5 is a massive success
I hope not

>DD's biggest weakness is lack of content
>MHW's biggest weakness is lack of content
>DD would benefit from MHW

Attached: 1340498836.gif (400x243, 236K)

Unless they started DD2 while DMC5 was in its final stages we aren't going to see it until next gen probably.

HOWEVER I'd like to see a localized DD Online in the meantime. Apparently you get booted pretty fast if you don't have a Japanese connection but I really want to try it. I fucking hate MMOs but I also don't generally like RPGs and still love Dragon's Dogma, plus DDO made Warrior good.

Attached: 1550431299858.jpg (540x696, 170K)

Being that gay.

Higher concurrent player peak on Steam that RE2make. Not the most concrete sign, but that does imply that DMC5 is Capcom's 2nd-biggest PC launch ever, after MH World. Considering Capcom has already announced 4 Million+ shipped for RE2Make and no individual DMC release has done better than 2 Million and change, DMC5 is looking to be a big success.

Polished was the keyword there. Dont get me wrong I love DD combat but casting classes, warrior and climbing could use some work. Content is another story of course. At least capcom has made all the new monsters free updates when they could have easily charged for it.

Auto Modellista. I mean this one is also an Itsuno game.

Attached: AutoM.jpg (313x445, 42K)

Climbing can naturally improve with technology, I'm not too worried about that. As for casting, I'm sure they'll find ways to make it a bit more engaging than just standing there holding down a spell button for ages. I like to think V has some light prototyping for casters.

If they pull stuff like the crossover events from DDO I think we are safe to say we are going to get some crossover armors
>I fucking hate MMOs
They you wont like the game at all. And yea, I think we will get DD2 in the next console gen or its going to be nothing but reused assets like Dark Souls 3

Attached: 1552107987412.jpg (3000x2475, 1.33M)

I would like to see real Coop folded into the system. Ideally 1 player and their pawn paired with the same.

Capcom made what I consider the best coop game of all time with Lost Planet 2 so they can fucking bring it.

>somewhat great realism would harm Dragon's Dogma, a game that actually changes stats based on your character's height and weight, a game where most people think the pause-menu item usage is lame and breaks up combat flow, a game where climbing on top of monsters and using topography to get a good position is a core part of combat

Attached: 1503702407519.jpg (419x479, 180K)

I've seen DDO gameplay, read about the vocation changes, and I've been told that you can solo most of the content so I'm willing to give it a shot if I'm allowed to. It's F2P anyway right?

Attached: 1551379786082.jpg (1200x1176, 168K)

>Dragons Dogma has amazing concepts and ideas
>Game is basically a demo, a scale model of what they wanted to do

Dragons Dogma 2 is the perfect game for them to tackle next, throw a sizeable budget at it and let it be as grand as they dreamed. Give it some good long term content to keep people logging in on a consistent basis to make use of the amazing pawn system over time.

Ain't going to happen. Inafune used it as a last ditch effort to be relevant to Capcom. Capcom didn't bite so he was fired.
He used it as a shield and now it's broken and gone.

>They release a Bitterblack-tier expansion once a year for 2-3 years post-release
Holy fuck

Attached: 1527381999325.gif (198x200, 1.1M)

I believe you're correct

>that fucking image
Thanks for the laughs.
>right?
Go ahead and try it if you want. It wast my cup of tea but one thing I liked was the huge ammount of monsters

Attached: 1536682788091.jpg (1157x772, 409K)

I hope they aren't stupid enough to revive this piece of shit series. Shit setting, shit VA, shit balance, shit pacing, shit world, FUCK Dragon's Dogshit. If they waste Itsuno on this garbage it's going to stop their momentum in an instant.

Attached: 1530266805979.jpg (351x351, 20K)

What did you guys like so much about DD? I tried to get into it, but the combat was just spamming the same moves over and over. The voice acting was awful, getting around the world took to long, and the larger enemies were just damage sinks.
What's the appeal?

They aren't though.
Capcom has always been known as the Japanese studio that developed Westaboo games.
The reason they sucked for the last 10 years was because Inafune put the dumbass idea into the Capcom CEO's heads that they should let Western devs make their westaboo games.
We both know that went to shit. And now they are getting bank now that they went back to doing what they were always good at. Having Japanese People make Westaboo games.

They stopped listening to Inafune and the massive increase in quality shows.

>What's the appeal?
waifu creator and a shitload of armor pieces and weapons to collect

DD is a lot like 4. Hugely promising but rushed. Another try at it will likely produce something amazing, like DMC 5.

>constantly port the game
>not doing a sequel

do you know how fucking mad i will be

Don't you get kicked out unless you're on a Japanese connection or tricking the server constantly to think you are? I'd also rather play it on PS4 than PC even if I were to get it to work.

I'm more curious as to how Rival Schools 3 will turn out, considering how they messed up Street Fighter and MvC.

I hope it's the same lewd fun it always was

>The voice acting was awful,
imagine being this wrong
>getting around the world took to long
not really, It's actually rather small
>larger enemies were just damage sinks
I'll give you that, damage calculation is rather stupid

but to answer your question, it was the first game in a long time that felt like a game which I could just immerse myself into and enjoy. It filled a void which others things couldnt fill

It was Itsuno's baby, it was well received, and it got like three re-releases but okay, stay entitled to your retard opinion

>VA is awful
u wot m8

Yes they are that's why they're hiring western models you faggot.

PS4 means you won’t have the English patch

The combat is the best part though. It feels like flashy turn-based combat, but in real-time. There is no game with combat like DD's.

A Dragon's Dogma with more weapon skill slots would be the perfect videogame.

Itsuno would be directing it since those were his games and only he seems interested in reviving it. He'd probably just make a logical third game but with higher-quality models and the core/popular characters plus a few newcomers. That's all people would want.

what about DDO map?

All you stupid faggots whining about long cast times don't even wyrmking, articulacy and spell synch.

Yes. Western models. For their Westaboo games.
Capcom Adores western culture. But they put Japanese spins on it. It's what they have been doing since their Nes days.

Why do westaboos make the best media?

The people who say combat sucked didn't max out every vocation and are faggots.
Same with the ones who say climbing monsters sucked, when it's literally one of the most well done parts of the game.

Because Japanese have a mighty love for what they love and want to do their utmost best to express it.
While the West just likes to do dumb ass shit like paint a funko pop or get a shitty tattoo

>westaboos
But Kojima is a hack.

The only class I dont like is Ranger, what skills I have to pick to make this class fun to play?

yeah yeah

Attached: 1548905591761.jpg (320x400, 33K)

I didn't enjoy the combat because the RPG elements got in my way of enjoying it. Combat relied just as much on what level you are as it did how well you played and that shit is just not fun ever.

>dragons dogma online has over 60 large boss type monsters
>youre here fighting the same 5-10 over and over

dd2 could be honestly so fucking nuts since ddo is already so big

Attached: 1525971487868.jpg (569x571, 234K)

its almost like it was a true action-rpg or something

Attached: 2018122500.jpg (1062x1280, 253K)

>V is a summoner
>Dante's Balrog is a Brawler / Martial Artist
I haven't beaten the game yet (just got Cavaliere) but so far those two things were really fucking fun and felt like they could easily be expanded into DD classes

I've played plenty of action RPGs and none of them were nearly as bad as dragon's dogma. I think it's the fact that the combat system is a lot slower than it is in other games but relies on the same number crunching.

>Apparently you get booted pretty fast if you don't have a Japanese connection
You get booted instantly famalam. That being said, playing with a VPN is perfectly fine. Some hiccups here and there, but I haven't had any real problems. I'm in the endgame grind now, hopefully there's some more content on the way. So far though they've still been supporting this game so there's hope DD2 is coming. There's a lot of different things in DDO and it plays a bit differently for obvious reasons, but there's a lot of things that I hope get's brought over if there is a sequel.
Getting up close and personal with the Alchemist class is some real fun.

Also V summons Nightmare Bolide style and he acts just like a DD Golem

A modern Capcom Vs game without Marvel's taint.

Honestly the way the map is set up it looks like a fucking MMO with gated off areas and dedicated levels, that's not really appealing. What we got is nothing compared to the potential but it's not like the original idea was perfect and it was probably too big for its own good.

They could have at least bothered to add another village or two. The map is so devoid of life.

Just give me Capcom vs Capcom PLEASE!

Yeah, Itsuno should play Gothic 2 and see how they implemented high level enemies in low level areas.

AND you can mount your summon and use his attacks. Imagine mounting a cyclops or a golem.

I disagree with you in every facet, layer, level and sphere of existence.

they wont do rival schools because nobody fucking cares about rival schools

u ok cous'n? :) le they h8 le fire!

it's called MHW

thats a dream of mine for a long time.
but if you believe the rumors marvel is again involved in the next vs game

Post MCU Marvel is pure cancer. I hope they never come back.