UNIST Thread

SAVIOR

Attached: Adelheit.png (272x242, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vL3bAkOX024
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pass is vee
My PS4 worked overtime this weekend

Attached: Dzh8Ac-UYAEiNLF.png orig.png (500x840, 163K)

Attached: __eltnum_phonon_and_sion_eltnam_atlasia_under_night_in_birth_drawn_by_suzuna_najaran__7fd1a08c3519f1 (700x988, 169K)

I bet

Attached: hyde-pizza.gif (921x375, 110K)

How do I into Carmine

Down the road, not across the street.

Learn how to juggle, make use of your puddles, and know how to hold buttons.
And never be afraid to spend life unless they're directly stopping said set-up from happening

I'll come in to play if you guys make a pc lobby. Quite a bit later though.

I chuckled

Attached: download (2).jpg (320x295, 28K)

BLOODSTAINED
HELLFIRE
SHADOW

I want her playable, I need my Archetype Earth back.

that was painful, can we do park or training stage next time.

EUcuck here is it easier to find people on ps4 or pc?

Attached: 1550903770957.png (890x720, 368K)

MERKAVA A BEST

Cool thinks

I've been told most of EU fgc plays on pc, same for UNIST. I'm not EU myself so I can't say if that's true or not, that's just what I hear most.

Why don't eu players just move to America? You'd do it if you really wanted to play UNI.

Attached: 040512.jpg (1288x1758, 184K)

I've forgotten just how annoying a good 2B makes a match-up

> 4 frames
> stuttering
I always check my connection before entering the room, it ain't me.

Tossing a PC lobby up.
Pass is vee

Why don't Mika players actually exist?

Yeah, the games lying to me. It was reading 1 frame of lag the entire time

Fenix here, really wanting to branch out and try someone besides Wald. Not sure if a grappler is really my best playstyle and he's the only character I've put any real time into in the few months I've played the game.

Guess my question is, any recommendations for characters I should try?

Have you at least tried mission mode. Find someone who's combos click

Well only one way to find out i hope i don't end up buying both versions of the game

try the other character with big meaty claws. It'd be a change of pace and her execution requirements aren't specifically high either.

Attached: D0dmk7rUwAAB8c7.jpg (1200x1200, 148K)

think about what you enjoyed while playing wald and what frustrated you. with no frame of reference besides you being a wald player, this is what id say: if you enjoyed big buttons and grabs, maybe look at gord. if you liked the grabs but wished you had faster buttons, look at seth. if you just liked the big buttons, look at hilda/yuzu/merkava. if you want to be a character with a command grab in the fast lane, look at mika. any other character isnt really comparable to wald and youll need to figure it out yourself.

Think my biggest issue was I want a better revesal option than SPD after a blockstring with 5 frames of lag so I get blown out.

I'll look at Seth and Mika since they bare rather different and I haven't played either

how do I linne?

Air kuuga

YOU WERE SO FUCKIN CLOSE DIA

Learn how to combo and pressure

her run speed is obscene.

Attached: Dm36U1iX0AALWMs.png (1008x512, 5K)

>make two misinputs into DP in a row on the killing blow
I don't even know how that's happening.

Dashblock.

>actually flubbing anti-air against merk
It's like September 2017 all over again

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Attached: AmpleLightheartedIndianrhinoceros-max-1mb.gif (540x304, 837K)

Despite almost all my practice these past two weeks coming from locals, I feel like I haven't stagnated too much.

>gordeau vs chaos drop on 2nd round start
fucking love when that happens

Fuck I pressed pass!
I wanted to play Waifustealer!

that it for me tonight, thanks pc players!!

Still a bit sick, I hope this doesn't turn out like last year where I had one health ailment or another for a third of the year.

> If hyde whiffs 6B he just dies
> 236C is too slow to punish it on whiff
yeah okay

I'm closing the lobby after this, somebody will have to remake.

The first hit landed while the second didn't, I'll have to see if that made the difference.

How many are in the pc lobby? I can join in a few minutes.

GGs pc

I remade the lobby.

> atic actually hit the 214C confirm
damn

It's much easier when 214C hits twice instead of three times, and 236A > 214C midscreen is actually quite consistent to follow up because of that.

Just bought this game Friday. What do I need to know?

Blocking is fun.

Play the tutorial?
What answer were you expecting?

thoughts on 6 frame delay games?

You can only get good through playing others, so hop online after you've done the tutorial and some of the missions of a character you like.
I don't think of them.

Unplayable

Having some right now and they are not great

This fucking 22x whiff cancel is never happening is it

Hmm, I got some new headphones but the audio is sounding quite muffled in this game. I wonder if I have to do something to fix the issue.

Attached: 1551236184674.jpg (920x1177, 191K)

Not him but do I need to memorize the more complex stuff or can I get away with some basic shit like A B C special?

My personal max are 4 frames. SAdly I have 5 frames with a few player from here.

>ABC special
You're no better than auto combos at that point

The good old fuck up my input and punish the opponent's confusion mixup. My favorite.

You can start off with 3-X combos from the tutorial day 1 online and work your way up to incorporating 4-X level combos as your BnBs

I've been trying to pick up Hyde/Enkidu lately, are they worth it or should I just stick with Gordeau?

Attached: gordeau-uniel-wind.gif (312x414, 29K)

Play whoever man. Game isn't that hard to play more than 1 character

Enkidu is generally considered the worst character but Hyde is firmly in the middle of the pack

Just play the characters you have fun playing

The 3-X combos general lead into similar routes. Generally you can confirm into something resembling those combos even if it isn't optimal.

Always a pleasure to get stopped in my tracks by that Gord Hippie.

Looks like I should watch some matchups for the next time I face it.

Also I think that watching some Hiari is helping me play alittle better.

For reference, the phones I'm using are beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 250 ohm. The voices come out fine but the music comes out abit muffled.

Attached: 1551861573793.png (700x700, 210K)

Jesus I'm already bad at dashblocking but I can't do it with the connection I'm getting

Connection has been spotty all night so I might sit out for a bit.
You did help me remember that both Gord's 5C and 236x are air blockable.

Darn, I've gotta peel out early tonight.

If this is still going by the time my other event is over, I'll be back for sure! If not, an early GGs to everybody and I'll definitely see ya tomorrow.

Attached: 1549612122681.png (1032x1457, 334K)

Is the game still alive?
Haven't played a fighter since blazblue cs

more alive than ever friend, lots of new players after the evo announcement

Attached: __phonon_under_night_in_birth_exe_late_st_and_etc_drawn_by_maduzu__sample-f5a9e3c751241289b5473c82e7 (850x1134, 200K)

ggs

It's alive enough to regular nightly lobbies on most days of the week. Practice enough and you can eventually become competent enough to take some games off the regulars too.

Is the PS4 joint still open? I can play for 30

>it’s another big boy lobby
Oh no

Completely melted there at the end

Yeah

Post in these threads if you pick it up on console. I just bought it on sale and these guys in here a stomping the shit out of me. Fun game though.

Don't worry, I'll show you my 10 minute Gord and embarrass hippie with my incompetence.

ggs everyone. Time for bed.

Attached: DxIXpFGVAAAdsEo.jpg large.jpg (1451x2048, 200K)

Thank goodness I wasn't looking
GGs

Attached: 1552122247569.png (520x390, 88K)

ggs

You're going to see it soon whether you like it or not.

wait we have a vat now? or just a uni image?

Honestly not sure how I could sperg my input hard enough to accidentally IW.

Attached: 1548371877661.gif (275x216, 826K)

We have 3.

Can't be worse than me, with Gord that's been week 1 level for three months.
Just a UNI image.

non-regulars or I just haven't played them yet?
I don't think maiko counts but I'm fairly new

At least you didn't IW a full screen away
At a tournament
On stream
It happens a bit when you're shielding a lot and then you move your motion over to assault sometimes.

Sei messes around with Vat.
Not sure if Merk is supposed to count as the third

Melk and Lolimaiko.

Still haven't fought melk, wouldn't have guessed.

is Melk not maining Nana anymore? I thought that was just another one of his secondary characters

Everytime I've fought him he played Vat so I dunno.

his Nanase was way better last time I played him but who knows, he can play like half the cast pretty well

Attached: __nanase_and_phonon_under_night_in_birth__sample-c68c19964e6eae019d19435d56427396.jpg (850x1511, 424K)

Is this Yuzuriha army on tonight or what?

PC sounds like bizarro world

always

>What do I need to know?
How to block.

Why am I keep getting kicked from hippie's lobbies now

This hasn't happened for months

Maybe shit week is happening early this month.
Might call in an early night for myself if it keeps up,

Is there a beginner-friendly lobby on PS4 or am I going to have to hop in with the big boys and 0-2 in 30 seconds against everyone?

Not tonight it seems.

Can't speak for ps4, but on pc i get 0-2'd on the regular. it's mostly just getting gud and learning to block and react against people.

Play ranked.

If this thread is up in 1 more hour I'll start a beginner lobby. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My previous arrangement is about to be extended.

Attached: 1551829304324.jpg (668x833, 64K)

Is it active at this time of night, or at all? I always see people say ranked in anime fighters is basically dead, and that lobbies or locals are the way to go.

I don't know, senpai. I don't play online that much, but I've run into a range of players online, most of which seemed to be pretty novice. I was able to keep up to a good extent.

I’m a beginner. Do you want to play a few games before I go to bed?

If you get on the discord, you can get 0-20'd for half an hour straight.
Try to ignore the discord trannies.

I can kinda get the jist of Yuzu
What do I use for pokes and what good bnbs should I learn

Attached: 7acc77258e3fa7dae781cc2e8338001b.jpg (960x1200, 193K)

Ranked actually has been pretty lively for the past two weeks excluding this weekend, no clue how it was since I was busy with DMC5
Gee user, I don't know, maybe those 236A/Bs

95% of my matches come from ranked. There is usually always someone on.

I don't think I finished a single basic Chaos combo properly. Oh well.

Whats a good way to practice chainshift? i always forget about it and then get punished to hell with it

Sure, I'll keep the pass as vee and play a couple

I might try to find the discord if only to get some earlier games than the nightly threads here.

The easiest is probably defensive chain-shifting where you mash 3D for chain shift and then do a reversal if you got one.
If not, then doing an unsafe ender and then Chain Shifting to extend pressure

>Whats a good way to practice chainshift?
Just try using it?

Argylesweater lives inside my head.
He just knows everything I'm going to do.

Does this video fake have match,asking?

>pokes
j.B, j.C, 5C, 2C all have good range

>bnbs
All of her 4-X missions are pretty good. For anti-airs I usually go with
5C > jump > j.C > j.6[C] > j.236A > j.214B+D > 2B > 236[A] > 6C whiff > D > jump > j.B > j.2C > j.C > 66B > 236ABAC > 236A+D

god please no more fucking yuzus

Attached: 1538417249774.png (512x512, 634K)

>j.236A
Meant j.236B here, sorry
j.6[C] > j.236B > j.214B+D

Does this video game have matchmaking?

Damn, I better go practice some Chaos BnBs in training a bit before busting him out next time

It does.
But it's an anime fighter, ranked isn't played too often. Fortunately for you, the EVO boost has a bunch of people unaware of that playing ranked. No telling how long that'll last though

time for the runback

Yuzu is fair and balanced. Remember that this gorilla is the real enemy.

Attached: 1545399298439.png (985x1966, 851K)

Is this game bootleg meltan?

fuck

Attached: 1541660598503.gif (600x338, 2.04M)

It's more legit because FB made it on their own

It's always close.

Isn’t it weird how those things are a self fulfilling prophecy?

Same developers.

It's sort of a mix between Melty and KoF. Certainly a lot more polished than Melty ever was.

Thanks

>did 236A instead of C and lost from it
god dammit

Attached: 1551849864539.jpg (767x590, 48K)

Newfriend here, is there any reason not to use Enkidu's bbbccc ending aside from other combo routes doing a bit more damage? Still learning the other combos, so I've been relying on it a bit in the meantime.

>Shield the stomp
>still get counter hit
Uhh? Is that supposed to happen?

had to pass, my tea's ready

The combo itself is pretty mediocre unless you're in vorpal and get havoc. The ender is disadvantageous since it sends the enemy flying back way too hard. I think my 5A combo gets more than that.

>get 236C when I wanted pale bringer
I hate it

>d/c
rip
GGs. I really need to drill some basic combos off of pokes into my head.

good games. I’m glad there’s someone else around my skill level here to play with, should make learning in beginning easier

Well, that was fun, I guess. Dropped a ton of combos, but it's all good. I'll have to improve my approach with Nanase. Shouldn't be stuck in the corner like that.

ggs

That's good to know, I had a feeling about the hard knockback.

You niggas are fucking weird because you legit play the game. Just picked Orie do I just spam thrusts with her? Where are the projectiles?

Always thrust to check what they'll do.
You lose you turn if they block, but you'll get a feel for how strong someone is when they block it.

Starting to hate learning these combos, guys. It feels like it's preventing me from just playing the game.

>Just picked Orie do I just spam thrusts with her?
Just don't get too used to it to be a crutch
>projectile
What gave you the impression she had one? 22x counts but still

hippie it still amazes the fuck out of me how you can complete Hyde combos in delay every time

git gud

I could get pretty good at stacking pennies if I did it for several hours a day. That doesn't make it fun.

Im pretty surprised how tight the timing on Seth's combos are. I'm used to having to wait with Wald but these you just gotta mash it out it seems.
Im stuck on mission 3-3 right now but ill just keep grinding it out for now. He looks super fucking cool so its motivating me.

Don't know what else to tell you.

If you're not having fun then dont play, man. What do you want us to tell you, that it gets easier? It doesnt. These are games for people who get off on learning every edge they can get over someone else. If your nipples arent stiff about that then go do something you like better.

It's been enough that I can legitimately say years of practice

Same. I get that there's value in playing people way better than you but it's nice having a slower paced match where I can understand more of what's going on as it's happening.

So, how much damage should the average Yuzu combo do? cause i can get mine to the low 2.3k, but lolb here seems to get 3.5k consistently. do I just need to practice more and get a better combo or is he just that good?

Depends on the starter but yeah, mid 3ks sounds about right. One of her strengths is that she can convert off nearly anything for consistent damage.

Poll time: Do you play with arcade or stick. (or other)

Attached: pf481655ryiz.jpg (1400x686, 685K)

Stick, though I'm new to both it and this game.

>3-3
>tight timings with Seth
Wait til you get fast-fall kicks in there

Just playing at locals and trying to hit confirm shit in 5-6f vs offline made me appreciate how fucking hard it is. In fact I cannot believe I'm actually getting 3B OSs out and even finishing them into combos on CH more than one time in this delay.

It annoys me how j214C with Orie is THE biggest fuck you to anti-airs I've ever experienced.
No

This is gonna be a multi day thing I think. Not sure I want to put the time in since he is probably the hardest character ive tried in any fighting game, but ill give it a try.

This^

Meterless, should be doing around the high 2ks to low 3ks depending on starter and vorpal. With meter, 3.5~3.9. Full on meter dump combo should do anywhere from 4~5k depending on the starter.

Pad, recently bought fighting commander 4

Also for those who wanted a beginner lobby, still interested? If so I can throw one up, PS4 or PC is fine by me.

Attached: 1551900294601.png (500x522, 142K)

GGs to everyone in the PC lobby.

Pad warrior all day. I can play stick but ended up preferring pad anyway.

Yeah but if you do learn him, you'll have a can opener that also has good damage, insane oki, and fucked up hitboxes. It's worth it.

It took me a solid month of just playing him like shit online to get a grasp of how everything pieced together.
Once you get his 4-1 combo most things tend to make sense.

ggs and goodnight, all this practice will learn me the yuzu matchup someday

Attached: 3Ejsu6FD_400x400.png (400x400, 160K)

ggs man, was fun

>all these Orie and Yuzu on PC

Y'all a bunch of waifu warriors, making life hard for old Wald here.

Was hoping to play you, ah well. Works a bitch and I dont get home until 2-3AM. Can barely get in a few matches a night if i'm lucky.

pc thanks

How much space you got in PC?

these yuzu mirrors on pc man

I main Wagner!

Cool, it's made. Pass is vee Let's have some fun matches!

Attached: 1551890701300.jpg (900x1200, 592K)

Wouldn't be the first.

ggs PC players, I'm done for the night.

Alright pc bros ggs. one day ill stop spamming 236b/a and get a good yuzu combo in

GGs atic
To the rest of the PC players, just don't overdo it

Attached: 1535900862942.jpg (846x500, 53K)

ggs. I can't finish even the most basic combos for shit in 6f anymore, and even though I shouldn't be frustrated about something like that I am.

I don't think anyone in these threads can claim to be the first person to main anyone.

Very curious, how many Yuzu players are there on the PC lobbies?

So few actual Wagner players I've actually come across despite that

Too many, Matches are just keep-away fests between Yuzu using teleports and full screen slashes and Orie using pokes and back-dashes. All its missing is a Hilda.

Its about as fun as gouging out my eyes with a serrated knife, then cauterizing the wound with sulfuric acid.
Learn some other characters you fucking weebs.

Play who you want user's, even if its lame.

Asking because there's only two Yuzu players on PS4, and I don't remember seeing nearly this many complaints a few months back

How could I play anyone else?

Attached: 1534814125252.jpg (667x1000, 112K)

Sion and Phonon give me such huge boners.

Just curious, who are your favorites to fight against? And not just for ez wins.

They're 14 years old user.

Sion is a bit older than that now.

14 and a half is still 14 user.
Repent

too old

It's ok if they're cartoons.

Attached: f9e1470dedb57e8a5c36e52079af2aab.jpg (1000x718, 141K)

Maybe I should join for a bit because I've been the only Orie main on PSN for a year straight and hope my DS4 PC desync issue has gone away.

Sion is like 19 though

Hyde, Merkava, and Eltnum. They are fair, still have great buttons, and have interesting ways to play them. I also have no problems with Phonon, Linne, Enkidu, Nanase, Akatsuki and Chaos.

I never play against Carmine or Seth so I have no idea bout them.

NO user
Why can't you be interested in older girls like Linne and Vatista? Be normal for fucks sake.

>spend a little while practicing basic things
>play real person
>hands keep locking up and missing everything
>forget all of my combos
How long does it take for the nerves to go away?

Attached: 1421049487010.gif (250x188, 1.85M)

Just have to play a bunch user.

For some, weeks.
For others, years

Is the PC lobby full or done? I can only see one which I assume is the newbie lobby I don't want to crash

only a couple more for me on pc newbie, arms are getting sore

thanks for the games on the newbie lobby! really liking orie and i actually got some wins so thats good.

my arms are dead though

Yeah no problem! Thanks for the Orie learning experience too. Looking forward to seeing those improvements next time.

Attached: 1500692116265.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

this might be a weird question, but is there a difference between wagners 6B(1), 5A, B6 and 6B(1), 5A, 5B on block?

Looking up framedata is the only way to be sure user

i'm not your user

I play Unist (and most other fighters) with a stick, as long as I can, since my stick is a ps3 one and not every game has legacy controller support on consoles (cough dbfz cough), but luckily I mostly play on PC

Attached: 20170721235339.png (1920x1080, 528K)

i wish unist had a macro for A+B+D

Personally for me, just B+D so I could play Yuzu more easily.

Or maybe I should just get an adapter for my stick and learn to play there.

I feel dumb for only now realizing I could have used the macro for Yuzu's A+D, B+D inputs

Just unga bunga when you forget

What macro could you use for B+D inputs?

I realized this problem when I went to the controller settings

Hence why I brought it up in the first place, hah.

Here's hoping the next iteration adds the macro so we can get some easier inputs for Yuzu combos.

what's the difference between ground and emergency recovery?

>easier inputs for Yuzu combos.
Like what?
She's pretty easy for the most part.

At least for me on pad, Trying to continue the 3rd step of her 4-2 mission (after the two 236 BCs) into her 214B+D, my thumb can't get the placement between B+D too easy (at least on DS4, maybe I should try on my current pad and see how it works).

Also knowing when to use holds and when not to use them can be pretty tricky in order to get good with her.

delayed and quick tech

>when not to use them
There's a time when you shouldn't hold?

I don't really agree, but I don't use a pad. The more you play the easier it gets.

Maybe you can try watching my inputs
youtu.be/vL3bAkOX024

According to that particular combo I tried practicing, you have to let go of holding C to do B+D.

Putting more time into it is definitely the way to do it. I've still yet to try it out on my current pad so we'll see.

I appreciate the video Icey. I'll give it another go sometime this week. Spent that last couple of days messing around with Wagner and Orie to try something different from my usual rushdown characters that I gravitate towards.

Fun fact about 4-2 you can complete it without holding a button.

>first step in the tutorial says hold
>you can skip it

Talk about crummy logic, though I imagine the stance holding is useful for some situations yes?

Oh yeah and I always wonder how people do the parry thing with Yuzu.

Lamp got me good the other day with it and I was just curious what button combination do you need to pull it off or is it a 22x motion or whatever.

Go watch some of my videos, you'll always see me holding and dashing around, but you also have to know when to stop since it makes you an easy target.
Also to complete 4-2 without holding you need to do 236b6a 236b 214b d.

Her parry is 4b but the stance dodge is 22 in stance. You can go watch my vs Redblade video since I use the spot dodge like a genius there.

Right, thanks for the advice. It'll help me with my casual experience playing her and also learn the matchup so I can learn ways to get in on Yuzu easier too hopefully.

How do I learn to respect DP? Keep getting punished after getting the KD on people who just wake up DP me.

Block it, parry it or backdash.

Next time I get greedy I'm gonna just dashblock instead of run in to go for more pressure and see if that clicks.

Why does everyone have slit eyes in this game.

Attached: Profile-yuzuriha.png (1785x1986, 1.64M)

I guess it's the character designer's preferred style.

What's their artwork look like outside UNIEL?

bait it.

Wagner is def a rushdown character tho my guy

Attached: HOL HORSE.png (1751x1199, 1.82M)

What are some good Seth BnBs?

Attached: 1552152574928.jpg (1969x1969, 994K)

She plays quite differently from my gotos though (Linne, Mika, Enkidu).

Lots of interesting ways to get in with her including some neat stuff with her FF and sword and shield buffs.

Yeah I agree she is fun! Pressing buttons for days and buffing mid combo gives me stiff nips.

Indeed, which is why I decided to mess around with her and Orie for a few days to get some exposure to new playstyles and the different combo routes you need to do compared to my main picks.

They both are alot of fun in their own ways. I also really like Wagner's unique down grab, which fits her personality quite well.

Fits her like a glove. Theres a funny mixup you can do with that and FF. Charged FF is an overhead right so if you know they have the reactions to stand up and block it you can let go early and nail em with the low hitgrab.

That's pretty neat though it does sound tricky to pull off.

Perhaps I'll give it a try to see if I can bait for that confirm.

are there any characters that don't rely on delaying hits or increases for optimal BnBs?

Mika IMO dosen't really have delay hits except for one OTG sweep with 2B on maybe one or two combo enders IIRC.

cool, i'll check her out
i just want to be consistent in landing hit confirms and combos without having to feel tilted by dropping combos with specific timings when playing people with 5 delay