Steam release when?

Steam release when?

Attached: MGS_HD_NA_Boxart_X360.jpg (220x263, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3wO15kpfHCI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLOlVedbUYY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's better out of the old PC version vs emulating the PS2 version?

emulation is the best way to play all MGS games

both are quite shit options, 2bh.
Luckily RCPS3 is improving at steady pace. Before that, I'd grab a cheap, used PS3 + MGS Legacy Collection.

>both options are shit
how so?
Also the PS3 issue had some glitches of its own I recall, such as missing bugs during a cutscene

He's full of shit my dude. PS2 versions have the most content and don't have missing effects.

PS3 autists are ever coping with the fact they have to play the games at 720p.

>ywn play snake eater for the first time again

Attached: 5E0F8977-DD56-4470-8511-C8929CC63D49.jpg (897x505, 35K)

>how so?
The old PC port (I assume you mean MGS2) is kinda pain in the ass to run and play, and obviously lacks the pressure-sensitive face keys that are used actively in various ways. PCSX2 just sucks ass even after all these years.

Just fuck off to Ieddit ya ADHD illiterate moron.
The PS2 versions are arguably the best, but EMULATING them is the problem.
And no, the benefits of the HD ports greatly outweight the cons, and you can legit emulate the PS3 versions already. Xbox 360 emulation's coming along nicely as well.

Shit series

There is no issue emulating them.

There are no benefits to the HD ports.

PS3 emulation is laggy as fuck and suffers from missing content and missing post processing effects. It's probably buggy as hell too.

Also there is literally no difference between MGS2 PC and the HD port except that it looks and runs better.

are there any examples of an HD rerelease that didn't fuck up the visuals/gameplay in some way?

>tfw Snake Eater frustrated the shit out of me the first time I played but I didn't realize how much I loved it that playthrough until my 2nd time through
>tfw I'll never never get it again

Attached: 1381288383014.png (376x260, 14K)

>There is no issue emulating them.
There is.
From the high system requirements just to get them to run smooth, to numerous visual and gameplay glitches, PCSX2 is still the LAST option I'd choose for any classic 6th gen title.

>There are no benefits to the HD ports.
Except real widescreen, greatly improved performance, greatly improved controls (espec. in PW), and improved textures.

>It's probably buggy as hell too.
So you've not even tried it out ?

>Also there is literally no difference between MGS2 PC and the HD port except that it looks and runs better.
And that the PC port does not run at WS natively, and you gotta deal with binary on/off controls.

Attached: MGS3 HD PS3 emulator.jpg (3840x2160, 629K)

Probably.

There are no noticeable glitches and you get visuals that are missing from the HD colletion.

Widescreen patches exist, performance isn't even solid 60, controls are irrelevant it's exactly the same, 720p invalidates textures.

I have, have you? It doesn't seem like you emulate at all.

You can use a DS3 if you want and... and?

Attached: 1489116167987.jpg (291x379, 76K)

>There are no noticeable glitches
unless you use the super taxing Software mode, there are. A lot.

>performance isn't even solid 60
It's still a HUGE improvement from the PS2's jumpy 30fps (in #3), not to mention PW's default 20 (twenty) fps.

>controls are irrelevant it's exactly the same
Not on the PC port.

>720p invalidates textures.
Hmm... No.
I'd like to hear what sort of mental gymnastics led to such bold statement.

>It doesn't seem like you emulate at all.
A literal "no U!" argument in 2019?
I practically do nothing BUT emulate old shit nowaday.

Not a possibility

>MGS with keyboard
Fuck no. PS4 port please.

Attached: 1529448754558.gif (200x200, 28K)

1 and 2 are good on PC with fan fixes. Emulating the games can be a pain in the ass because of pressure-sensitive buttons.

No there aren't. And there are FPS patches.

I'm not going to bother replying to you anoymore, you clearly don't even have a PC.

So use a pressure sensitive controller. Not like you need it though.

wait so PC version can have pressure sensitive controls?
I have a ryzen 2600 and an rx580, would that struggle with pcsx2?

A GOG release of The Legacy Collection would be a dream come true.

The HD collection is missing some stuff during the cut scenes like rain effects and cockroaches moving away from fortunes feet before the boss battle

youtube.com/watch?v=3wO15kpfHCI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLOlVedbUYY

I just wish I bothered getting a copy of Legacy Collection despite already owning PS1 Classics MGS1/HD Collection/MGS4. Shit shot way up in price.

Attached: bluepoint.png (687x189, 151K)

Bloom intensity has to be a pain in the ass to do right since that thing is generally calculated per pixel, and having a higher resolution means more pixels, thus more exposure if using the original versions' settings.

PC version doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons, no.

but if you're using pcsx2 with a dualshock2/3 and proper configuration, you can use them.

PC version of 2 is pretty easy to fix, just drop the community made exe patch on the installation folder. Plays just as good as the HD version. Don't know about the first game though.

It's a backdrop that isn't rendered. Some other effects aren't rendered too. It was just lazy.

it's been ages since I played mgs2 - how important are pressure sensitive buttons? Would I be missing important gameplay by not having them?

Just get a PS2 and the Essential Collection. Comes with all the good MGS games.

I don't think they are at all.

>you can't use a controller on PC

Attached: 1511262837591.png (403x448, 53K)

There's a patch that rebinds all the pressure sensitive actions. Check pcgamingwiki.

>Redditjack
Fuck yourself. Besides, you know that most master race plebs would use kbm when the series isn't designed for it.

you can do everything the same with digital vs analog buttons, just have to press more buttons with digital. the biggest difference is in holding up enemies in mgs2 without accidentally shooting them, or slitting throats accidentally in mgs3.

is PC version more toaster friendly than pcsx2?

Reading these replies makes me think you haven't used PCSX2 in years or are just an emulation accuracy autist.

HD Collection on 360 doesn't use pressure sensitive buttons, neither does the PC version and the games work just fine. Wouldn't be missing anything.

>is a PC game released in 2001 more toaster friendly than an emulator that requires 2012+ hardware?
think about it.

Yes, by a long shot it came out more than ten years ago, so it runs even on a PC that old at least.

and? that didn't make devs suddenly remove controller support from the ton of other games made with them in mind that went to PC

Attached: 1517826378642.png (734x414, 113K)

>PC MGS1 forced you to play keyboard for Psyco Mantis
>Never realized this since only ever played it with keyboard
>Just assumed that whole portion of the fight got stripped out of the port like the memory-card section (understandably so)

Doesn't matter. Once again, kill yourself.

what an autist

>Konami
>doing ports that don't suck dick
lol

ZoE2 PC port was great, granted that was probably because of cygames.