Sekiro is too hard, everyone will give up

Sekiro is doomed to fail. FightinCowboy, an expert SOulsBorne player FromSoft flew to a convention for the game, said it is too hard, it is on a level beyond Souls. You lose half your resources when you die with no ability to regain them, and you die more than Souls.

Parrying is your best chance at victory, but if you sucked at parrying, WHEEEEEEEEWY, good luck, this game is 90% parry based. It is essential.

Who else is ready to see FromSoft tank because this game is unplayably hard?

Attached: sekiro-shadows-die-twice-more-difficult-game-from-software.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5feudBDTg2s
youtube.com/watch?v=d5nFwfgl0EU
youtube.com/watch?v=h6exlpcsmRc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: not-even-bait-at-this-point-20002241.png (500x522, 64K)

After the disaster that was Dark Souls 3, no one has faith in From.

>an expert SOulsBorne player
it was always a pleasure to watch "souls experts" getting their shit kicked in Nioh

Attached: 11asd22.jpg (363x325, 22K)

How much of a permavirgin waste of oxygen do you have to be to consider yourself a Souls veteran or expert?

Wah

Nioh’s stance gimmick was fun but not particularly hard.

>FromSoft parrying
>Hard by any definition of the word

Attached: Logarius.webm (640x360, 2.11M)

(You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You)

Can't wait for some good challenge. Assuming what you say is true, you false flagging faggot

Attached: 1549250820439.jpg (960x960, 68K)

dark souls fags have finally revealed themselves to be gigantic pussys now they cant overlevel and cheese the game ahhahahaahhahahaahhaahahahahahahahaahahhahaahahahahahaahaaahhaahahahahahahah

Nioh is easier than dark souls though.

combat is much faster and much more complex than in any other souls game
also
>stance gimmick
you're an idiot

"master race" players about to be exposed for the casual scum they are.

Nioh is easier than DS3/BB, though.

You just can't play it like the latter.

HK destroys them all, though.

>anti-sekiro faggot makes threads for over week saying sekiro will be too easy compared to souls and BB
>blunder_of_the_century.exe
>literal who youtuber confirms its harder cause you cant just grind your way through shit
>anti-sekiro faggot waffles yet again
>GAME TOO HARD DADDY! EPIC FAIL! TORTANIC!
just fucking die already you pathetic faggot. literally every position you take has been wrong.

first of all, nice reddit spacing
second - did you even reach WotW or WotN ?
Because first playthrough and without DLC is just a long-ass tutorial.
Everything i said stands true
>Nioh is easier than DS3/BB
no way fag

>soul kiddies getting their shit pushed in when playing an actually difficult action game
kek

Anyway, I beat Ninja Gaiden Black today and the game gave me more trouble than any souls game for the most part. I spent way more time than I should have fighting pic related.

Attached: murai.png (561x353, 355K)

I can't believe that Yea Forums is so casualized that they're complaining about a game being hard

Attached: 1421388928893.png (434x340, 8K)

Mad at Nioh being a boring shitfest with crap level design?

>FromSoft game
>Hard

Attached: .jpg (1508x1493, 437K)

where did you get an idea that i'm mad at nioh?

Attached: 001.jpg (279x129, 14K)

What's the trick to gitting gud at parrying?

Just be yourself.

>caring about a movie game
Kek

>FightinCowboy
Literally who?

>How much of a permavirgin waste of oxygen do you have to be to consider yourself a Souls veteran or expert?
It's not like he advertised himself as such, retard. FromSoftware saw his videos on their previous games and decided that for themselves, then flew him out to an event to get a chance to play and review Sekiro.

In Sekiro they mix it up with unblockable moves though. It's basically rock paper scissors. You have to decide whether to parry, dodge or jump, and most of it is just based on experience since the animation tells look similar.

Amazing how people like this think that despite teens of thousands of users on Yea Forums, there is one "malicious" loser trying to control the conversation. This is the Dragonrot spreading from /pol/.

>Skill trees replace the RPG stat leveling
>Unlockable combat arts
>Two weapons
>Prosthetics that have a range of utilities (e.g. Hyperarmour axe, flame vent)
>Dodges have the narrowest i-frames yet
>You can jump vertically now, no need to run
>Timing deflects, instead of blocking
>Only parrying mechanism is the mikiri, which is only for thrust attacks
>No stamina
>Posture bar: fully filling up the posture meter by attacking and deflecting allows you to strike a critical that removes all their health, they have multiple revives though
>This applies to you aswell
>Timed deflects do posture damage to enemy
>Posture bar can deplete over time
>You obtain a revive (gained from killing sufficient amount of enemies), so you can come back to life after dying
>Dying induces a world tendency equivalent in Sekiro called dragonrot, an illness that spreads to friendly NPCs in the hub
>More you die, the less chance of "unseen aid" from these NPCs and will eventually lock you out of dialogue, lose chance to obtain useful items/bars progression
>It is said to kill, expect NPCs to die and affect the narrative
>Multiple (4) endings
>World design is their biggest one yet, opens up significantly, early on. Expect it be like DaS1 level design
>There will be multiple mini bosses before a true boss
>NPC summons exists, they die permanently
>No multiplayer component at all

Attached: IMG_0944.png (649x950, 742K)

Good thing I got good at parrying in DSI with 60 fps where the parry window is halved. So long as the enemies aren't unpredictable/spastic (like Ophan), parrying isn't that bad. Just takes a little practice and persistence.

Sadly, it is too easy to just play without parrying. Which bosses or regular enemies from SoulsBorne are best to practice parrying on?

That's Dark Souls 2 you're thinking of

You don't need to practice for Sekiro if that's what you're thinking. It's less like Souls parry system and more like perfect blocking from games like Dragon's Dogma or like how 'parrying' was in Metal Gear Rising. It's less frame perfect but you have to do it a lot more. And sometimes many times consecutively like against the wolverine guys.

If you die too much can you fuck up your play-through beyond repair?

>No multiplayer component at all
Garbage and dropped.

No, it just means you'll lose a bunch of NPCs and probably get a different ending. Remember: they confirmed NG+ so nothing is truly missable or ruinable.

It seems like they expect you to die and there are items to find and sidequests you need to do in order to un-disease NPCs in the hub world.

Game reminds me of a God Hand and Tenchu more than souls.

This is a good thing.

>Game reminds me of a God Hand
How?

Well, in DSI, hollows and dark/silver knights. Get good at parrying them, and before long, you'll be able to parry anything in PVE.

Also, it's weird going back to play DSI again after playing DSII and III. My playstyle has changed tremendously. Before, I used to circle around the enemy, with my shield raised, getting in a few hits when I could. Now though, I rarely block, mostly using rolls and positioning, and shields are only used for parrying/buffs. Guess it's a holdover from DSIII, where blocking and poise was useless, but it really is the optimal way to play and makes the game far more easy. Another funny thing is is that the story/dialogue is way more comprehendible and easy to follow this time through. I remember not having a clue the first time through just because of how cryptic and weird a lot of the characters were.

Attached: 20190310215311_2.jpg (1202x946, 295K)

People will just learn to parry and transition to it, people also thought souls were too hard when DeS released and franchise turned out to be meme game that everyone plays.

is it true that there's only 11 bosses?

I thought it was only using the revival mechanic that spreads dragonrot. If you die, you can choose not to revive and simply have it be game over. I'm not sure if that would also count as using resurrection though.

>Soulsbourne '''veteran''' says a new game is hard or broken
> every time it turns out its just because they only know how to play Souls games and can't cope with anything new

Attached: sponge1.jpg (266x351, 31K)

its true that there are 11 boss trophies. thats all we really know.

unironically sounds like pure kino

>>Dying induces a world tendency equivalent in Sekiro called dragonrot, an illness that spreads to friendly NPCs in the hub
>>More you die, the less chance of "unseen aid" from these NPCs and will eventually lock you out of dialogue, lose chance to obtain useful items/bars progression

This is a fucking horrible mechanic. Defend this.

Good. I honest to god hope you faggots get your shit pushed in and exposed for the casuals you truly are. Everything Miyazaki makes is pure genius so this is bound to be a masterpiece and the bitchfits you zoomer fucks on release day will be sweeter than probably the game itself. Fuck you it’s already 10/10 in my book.

One thing I never got, but how is it that the knight set, which has a full on breastplate, worst protection wise than the elite knight set, which is only cloth and chain?

Attached: фэндомы-Dark-Souls-Dark-Souls-2-Dark-Souls-3-4335135.jpg (1080x1620, 363K)

>FightinCowboy, an expert
Stopped reading there.

I will buy it, I will rage, I will complain on here, I will eventually enjoy it, I will git gud with time, I will prove Yea Forums wrong.

sounds amazing

Did you even play Bloodborne, bitch? If you could parry the game became a cakewalk, and landing parries wasn't that hard compared to other playstyles.

Cloth tabard is over the plate you absolute fucking retard.

Well, the Elite Knight set has metal brigandine underneath the tabard if you look. Really though regular knight armor should offer more protection and poise at the expense of weight. That cosplay armor is sexy as fuck though.

Not enough curvature for a cuirass to be underneath that tabard.

Attached: 20190310214129_1.jpg (1920x1080, 373K)

>>FightinCowboy, an expert
>Stopped reading there.
FromSoftware considered him enough of an authority to fly him out to London to play Sekiro for a while. That counts inmy book.

Found the shitter who couldn’t adapt

>Not blocking makes the game more easy
Not blocking is just the path to gitting gud. Shields, defense, VIT, poise, etc are all crutches.

>fromSOFT game
>too HARD
Jesus fucking christ you guys are retarded

This is exactly what happened. In Sekiro, you can't just roll through everything and have to parry it so when those shitty souls e-celebs got flown in, they just kept dying because they tried to dodge through giant attacks over and over.

Welp, preorder canceled.

There is an item that resets the level of illness

>expert SOulsBorne player
>expert in rolling around enemy
Is this a joke?

Attached: git_gud.jpg (316x277, 27K)

>considered him enough of an authority
More like, considered his sub count was high enough. They aren't going out to get people who are good at the game, they're going out to get people with big sub counts with followers who will most likely buy Sekiro.

Falseflag. True souls fans would jizz at the idea of Parry being a much more important mechanic.

Nice try Kotick

Retarded OP thinks parry timings will be the same. Lol

>spending literally everyday making the same thread

seek help

Attached: 1311375723971.jpg (640x480, 59K)

>invasion fags btfo
Lmao

>People don't like challenge!
>This is what the game is and I know everything about it already!

You're convincing.

fight good = ;)
fight bad = :'(
contest this

Attached: 1551285094916.png (273x326, 193K)

Because it already happened. In REmake 2 threads for example.

and dmc threads

no it's not. human bosses wreck your shit like no one in souls

haven't been on the board lately have you? this faggot is a shameless samefag. he's admitted as such, not that people have a hard time telling.

>an illness that spreads to friendly NPCs in the hub
Oh shit, I better git gud quick.

The fun of gitting gud comes from the fact that you can die as much as you want though.

only on "infinite hyper armor, infinite stamina, unparriable" difficulty. on the other difficulties they really arent that hard.

Nioh is gimmickshit

Forget the name of them but the slow talismans were broken as shit, literally every boss in the game can be cheesed with those. Hoping they nerf it or outright remove it in Nioh 2

How so?

I like god Hand but that seems like a bit exaggerated.

>Skill trees replace the RPG stat leveling
I'm so fucking sick of this shit. It's never implemented well. It feels less like my character is growing how I want and more like I'm choosing which vital skills to unlock first and maybe which pointless gimmicky ones I want afterwards.

Don’t be a fucking loser and get good st the game. WAH THIS GAME IS TOO HARD AND WONT HOLD MY HAND WAH IM SUCH A FUCKING BABY AH BLOO BLOO I SHIT MYSELF OUT OF FRUSTRATION FROM DYING AGAIN

The consequences can make you more invested in the game. Like doing a permadeath playthrough of, let's say, STALKER. If you die you delete the save, that's it, so it makes those life or death adventures and moments more worth it when you survive.

Still looks 10x easier than most Tenchu games and tons of people have beaten them

I agree but they’re two different kind of games. From usually plays the “beat your ass into the dirt until you figure out this boss” difficulty. I doubt they’re going to keep that level of difficulty if they’re making dying more punishing.

as opposed to standard experience leveling where the game picks which vital skill or pointless gimmick you unlock first for you?

>lose half your resources when you die with no ability to regain them
Don't run around with a ton of dosh then dipshit, at least you don't have to worry about dying trying to make a run back for your shit and losing it ALL

Attached: Simpsons_05_16_P4_640x360_319843395504.jpg (640x360, 159K)

From the footage so far it does look like anyone with decent reflexes will be jumping and parrying out of everything easily. Looks fast paced though.

who else realized that the shilling method for sekiro has been "HARDEST GAME EVER, YOU WON'T EVEN PLAY IT BECAUSE IT IS TOO HARD"

>unplayably hard?

That's sounds like a challenge if I ever heard one.

Sign me the fuck up

>From usually plays the “beat your ass into the dirt until you figure out this boss” difficulty.
You're joking, right?

not even a week ago it was SEKIRO IS EASIER THAN SOULS. its not shills its just autistic shitposters latching on to every single new release.

never underestimate the autism of a dedicated shitposter

Most good Souls players are only good because they've memorized every single thing about the games and metagame. It's no surprise someone like that would flounder in a completely new game.

What set is this?

>You're joking, right?
Is this the part where you tell us you beat Nameles King at level one with a rusty spoon, Zoomer?

inb4 that one girl beating NK with a dance pad

the spam threads literally 3 days ago were saying Sekiro was too easy and therefore a betrayal to the elite, hardcore souls fanbase.

Attached: 1447620836985.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Level design in a game like nioh barely even fuckin matters, youre either playing it for the combat system or your missing the point. Level design pretty much just needs walk you from fun fight to fun fight and thats it

GAME HARD
TELL FRIENDS

I see From is up to their old tricks.

>No PvP
>No levels
>No builds
>No shield
>No weapons
>No messages
>No covenants
>No newgame+
>No multiplayer
>Retarded story
>No bloodstains
>Only 11 bosses
>No replayability
>No heavy attacks
>Published by activision
>No stamina management
>No character customization
>The menu looks like a PS1 game
>Big red flashing sign to tell you when to dodge
>Just zipline all the way to the boss with the grappling hook
>90% of the enemies are dudes in japanese armor (i.e. not aesthetically superior western armor)

>>No replayability
>>No character customization
>>No stamina management
So, it's like BB and DaS3?

>Only 11 bosses
I know you're basing this off of the boss trophies. Guess that means Dark Souls 1 only has 6 bosses.

>You lose half your resources when you die with no ability to regain them
so, demon's souls?

that's because nioh isn't a souls like and doesn't play like souls, just like sekiro, if you try to play the game the wrong way it'll end up bad

>Dark Souls 1 only has 6 bosses.
This but unironically.

You could have just said
>Not Souls
and it would have made that list a lot smaller

Anybody?

Attached: 1552282444417m.jpg (683x1024, 114K)

sigh
its the knight set you fucking baby

I kinda only want the game because it clearly looks very hard. I'm not even a challenge faggot. It just means the bosses should be very very good

It doesn't have anything to do with being "Not Souls". It's a PS2 action game, without build variety, online components, combat variety or replayability of any kind and only 11 bosses. It would be fine if it was sold for 15 dollars, like Hollow Knight (which is probably what is most similar to), although HK has more content.

Sounds like marketing

Thanks honey, talk to ya later

>You lose half your resources when you die with no ability to regain them, and you die more than Souls.
It's actually pretty easy to avoid death since:
1. You get 2 lives with each run
2. You can always run away if you don't think you can win after getting rekt once, I don't think the bosses you fight ever walls you in
3. Your live eventually recover either by waiting for the cooldown, or kill another easier enemy to regenerate them faster

Attached: tfw no gf.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

They will nerf this within a few days post-release anyway.

I don't think OP remembers (literally every souls game here)

Have zoomer reflexes.

imagine writing this up and then actually rearranging the lines in order of character count

Remember when souls threads weren't full of faggots crying about difficulty? It was before it got ported to PC. PC was a mistake

Everyone says souls games are hard, they really are not. This will be the same when people actually get time to play it at home

>not aesthetically superior western armor
Ah, I understand now
this is bait

HK? You mean Hollow Knight? I didn't understand all of the "This game is so hard!" posts. Some bosses kicked my ass a few times, but that's about it.

Nope. Watch the video of the boss fight against the heavy plate armored knight.

He instantly looks more confusing and varied to me than just about anything ever in souls. And it's just a sub-boss.

it has like 5 super-autistic challenge modes stacked on top of each other now where you have to do touhou dodging bullshit.

it isn't that the game is hard at all, it's that they keep adding harder shit on. any game could do that though.

Dying a lot

>grapple hook and stealth are the only new mechanics
>not even arpg lite anymore
I'll pirate it out of boredom but definitely not going to buy this boring shit.

Oh yeah, I haven't played through Godmaster. I guess someone could call me a casual if they wanted to, but that sort of stuff never interested me. Sounds like it's probably hard though.

I guess this is what developers get for shoehorning RPG mechanics into absolutely everything.

>People think points in a stat sheet to equip katanas or clubs is customization.
>Most people just dump all into hp and stam anyway

ok my dudes, also DaS2 is the best souls game

>Only 11 bosses
Wait, really?

No, not really. There are enemies that would be bosses in souls games that are not considered "Bosses".

the 11 bosses will all be better designed, have more moves, better visual design etc than souls bosses. this is a case of less is better.

No, thats just the bosses with a trophy

it will be "okay" and nioh 2 will be amazing

calling it now

>

Attached: grayons.png (558x614, 45K)

post the cuphead webm

journos suck dick at games, this is no secret

>FightinCowboy, an expert SOulsBorne player

Attached: 1470580206690.png (494x468, 176K)

It doesnt bothers me at all. Game looks graphically nice and its good to get something new and kind of fresh before returning to souls/BB series. But... with this damage sponge mechanic (and kool-aid blood) and lack of rpg elements the game will flop becuase theres ZERO replayability value.

Its just a glorified 3d platformer.

This

>and you die more than Souls.

Of course, you Die Twice.

Attached: 1450463516474.jpg (571x540, 347K)

>2019
>30fps

Attached: 1552109664950.png (557x537, 211K)

Just don't die lmao

People aren't that concerned with "replay value" anymore. There are f2p timesink games that absorb a majority of most consumers' time.

I don't care that they got rid of levelling, but I wish they didn't replace it with skill trees, I hate skill trees more than anything else in this industry.
It should just be a game, I don't need progression to have fun.

>It should just be a game, I don't need progression to have fun.

Still gonna hammer this one in for a few weeks every chance I get because I'm enjoying it so much

Attached: kDcm5O.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

This is probably going to surprise you, but people replay plenty of games that lack RPG elements. Some games are just fun to replay be they heavily player influenced games or linear as hell. Not sure if Sekiro will be that type of game yet, I'll talle you in a year or so.

That's the thing, Bloodborne required adjusting to a different playstyle which rewarded agresiveness more than rolling away, so Sekiro will obviously have some new stuff.

>People aren't that concerned with "replay value" anymore
Yikes!

>People aren't that concerned with "replay value" anymore
Says fucking who? I call bullshit.

was gonna complement you until I saw the name

instead I'll call you cringe, cringeboy.

Isn't that one of those "Dude, so hard!" platformers like Super Meat Boy?

Skill tree can just be pick the stuff you want and don't bother too much with it.

Yes, but it has the best levels that any of them had so far, crucial from turning it from "dude so hard" into "dude so fun"

Attached: 00000426.png (152x206, 33K)

>WHEEEEEEEEWY

Attached: the implication.jpg (1220x918, 206K)

People are concerned that by the time they do get good at the game, all their NPCs will be dead.

Have you tried the messenger ?

How the fuck do you consider skill trees progression and not leveling?

There's a way to heal them apparently. The devs know that you'll die, the game is made with that in mind.

Attached: .jpg (600x656, 60K)

No, it looks pretty cool though. I might pir8, I can't afford it right now

>he actually, unironically believes there arent ways to identify single users who artistically repeat the same thing over and over
Do you know who barneyfag is?

You don't even need to limit it to other games. It happens within the same damn series.

>DS2
>really nobody knew what ADP did and got fucked

>Bloodborne
>nobody used their gun or tried to play offensively and got fucked

>DS3
>tried to unga bunga poise their way through and got fucked

>>Only parrying mechanism is the mikiri, which is only for thrust attacks
So how is parrying so essential then if you can only parry thrust attacks?

I consider them both progression, but levelling to be much more out of my way.
In the souls games I slammed all my points into strength and that was the end of it, I don't want to read through these boring skill trees that lock me out of abilities or are so small of a different that I shouldn't have bothered in the first place.
Just give me the moveset and damage that I need to play the game and leave me the fuck alone.

How is that so different from having to read the strength stats on weapons that lock you out of using them before getting enough strength points?

what you call parrying is more like blocking and perfect blocking. the mikiri is more like a traditional parry.

>fightincowboy
im sad i can no longer find that video that parodies his builds with havels and dual avelyns in ds2
was just too good seeing him rage in the comments

This is getting really old...

Attached: nu-v.jpg (349x642, 29K)

You get more than 2 lives. Shitters have no idea what they're talking about. You build up your spare life through combat, and several people have referenced the ability to gain more extra lives.

I dont know, user. I hope, and im being serious, i bite my tongue. I really want to like this game, but theres something lacking and damage sponge enemies doesnt makes a game hard, its just annoying. Make a 1 hit kill like mechanic instead or something similar with a bunch of limb severing so you bleed to death.

>phoneposting
Both of you need to fuck off

Can't wait for both

got it, thanks.

There are two "parrying" mechanisms. The default one is tapping the block button, works against regular attacks and only deflects them, does not grant you a counter until the posture bar fills up.
The other is pressing jump/dodge in response to unblockable attacks (jump if it's a sweep, dodge if it's a thrust). This one grants you a counter if executed properly.

you want ghost of tsushima

i also want ghost of tsushima

sounds legendary desu I can't wait

>he thinks im a phoneposter
anti-sekiro fags SEETHING

Attached: 1522017540877.jpg (165x153, 9K)

I don't like damage sponge enemies either, but I'm hoping that's less of an issue later. I have a Fromsoft fag friend whoi'll tell me all about the game the day it's out though, so I'll wait and see what he says.

>weapons that lock you out of using them before getting enough strength points
I didn't suffer from this problem, I put all of my points into strength and levelled up the weapons.
There were a few points in the games where I switched to a weapon that needed a small amount of dex points but it consumed so little of my time that it never mattered.
On the other hand though, I have flashbacks to "This will give you a 3% increase to the chance of performing a critical hit while crouching" or "5% faster swings with swords" and that shit puts me the FUCK to sleep.

AWSOME!
I CANT WAIT

I want to puff those jigglies

But action games, fighters and platformers have the most replayability out of all vidya. Also, you're not fooling anyone samefag shitposter, the way you type and the things you say are easily identifiable at this point.

Attached: ben.jpg (292x197, 12K)

>admits to not being able to spell
Yikes!

>"This will give you a 3% increase to the chance of performing a critical hit while crouching"

Anthem loot

Why are you playing RPGs in the first place if you're not a fan of progression systems.

>The stealth mechanics are undercooked tras-

Attached: Sekiro - Stealth takedown.webm (900x506, 2.92M)

Because they're fun games hiding behind some boring systems.
What other choices do I have for satisfying combat?

I'm someone who is really convinced Sekiro will be the best From software game ever but "press button to kill" is undercooked and assassin's creed tier bad

>Playing a From game for the combat

Attached: 1509551930994.jpg (645x729, 26K)

i am not slightly impressed by this.

Character action games that don't have an rpg spin on them, like dmc, bayonetta, ninja gaiden, etc.

this can't be real

What the fuck else are you there for? I mean the characters you meet are usually pretty cool but if you play for the RPG mechanics you're probably better off with a more in depth turn based game.
Played em all

>Character action games that don't have an rpg spin on them, like dmc, bayonetta, ninja gaiden, etc.

Every single game you just listed focuses heavily on collecting an autistic amount of shiny orbs so you can grind to unlock new abilities and shit.

Want REAL good combat with no RPG shit? Go play Bushido Blade 1, the best game of all time to never be re-released.

I hate how people pretend assassin's creed invented stealth kills.

Based and redpilled.

good thing no one here said that

Thanks, I'll try it.

>taking the bait

You collect those orbs just by playing the game. The abilities aren't there to build a certain character or playstyle like rpgs are, they're there so that you can completely style on the early game in subsequent playthroughs. Those games are made with replay value in mind and that's what it's there for.

>Enemy gushes blood like a broken faucet when you stab them
>No blood pool
>Your character isn't even covered in blood like in Bloodborne
What the fuck, From, you can't just make enemies walking blood fountain but make their blood intangible.

assassin's creed didn't even invent "press button to kill" kills.

Backstab kill gud
Jumping off tree kill bad

>Dark Souls 3
>disaster

This has to be bait and I'm falling for it. Right?

/thread

Attached: Dark Souls 3 is a Good Game.webm (853x480, 1.5M)

oh so they artificially lengthen the game i see

your evaluation is actually completely wrong though, they're there because collecting and upgrading triggers dopamine release in the brain, directly. very little is done in video games for replayers. ~23% of players finish the average retail game once.

tha'ts not really worth making a webm of user. every game has clipping issues and shit here and there. it's a situation where you obviously should die no matter what

From games's best element is exploring the world, all other elements in the game are there to better facilitate that experience. That includes combat. I am pretty partial to souls combat as well, I think there's beauty in its simplicity. But the best thing about the series is the world design and everything that goes into that, the aesthetics, atmosphere, lore, level design, etc. If souls games took place in a boring world without unique environments it wouldn't be well acclaimed at all. If it had dmc tier boring environments for example.

Souls games are the perfect example of games greater than the sum of their parts and combat is just one of those parts.

Wait what since when does playing at 60fps halve the parrying window?

i know, it's a good thing no one said that

Answer me this then smart ass, why in DMC 5 does Nero unlock so many abilities after the first playthrough that he basically becomes a new character? Is that not done for replayers?

Do you realize that Ds3 actually went well right?

shut up faggot, you know exactly what I'm saying.

all 1 button kills are bad

outskilled by a meme boss
get cummed on bitch

The guy was pushed out from that bridge because of the dragon's neck.
What's here to see?

>camera clipping

wow you really changed the general consensus opinion with that one

This.
Bushido Blade should have been an example to be followed.

>Defending Shit Souls 3

Attached: Roll roll roll roll roll R1 R1 R1 R1.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

>Multiple play-through of Demon souls
>Multiple characters and endless lightning katana duels before gywn in DaS
>Countless hours in DaS2
>Dropped DaS3 after that retarded giant swamp with items in every corner, fell asleep
>Bloodborne was great with a lot of interesting weapons

Based.
Blunder Souls 3 is a travesty.

Attached: das3serpenthitboxes.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>that tracking
kek

Download DMC 3, 4, or 5.
Main royal guard.
Profit.

I don't disagree with any of this, exploring those worlds was thoroughly enjoyable. I just didn't feel that the RPG mechanics were crucial to that enjoyment.
I should have probably said this instead of combat, but because it's pretty much the only good part of games like Ninja Gaiden and I associate those games with being good it's the first thing that came to mind.

parry as they start to move forward with the attack directly after the wind up.

probably, but the game has a lot of mini bosses

jesus fuck dark souls 3 was trash

>It is too hard.

Go play Animal Crossing then you casual fag.

You have to remember that souls players only watch and talk about their games. ecelebs are very important to them

But the world design is only good in Dark Souls 1.

It's good in all of them besides ds2, but in terms of strict world design I'd say BB > DS1 > DS3 > DeS

All good though, as I said.

>World design around fast travel from the start
>Good
Begone, zoomer.

>ecelebs are very important to them
>watch one of the pillars of souls community play an actual challenging game
>drops it after a few hours in
kek

BB goes to shit as soon as you leave yharnam
Boletaria and Latria is still peak FROM design

On my first playthrough of NG1 i ended up wishing I could turn the difficulty up about halfway through. I understand why it's considered difficult though. Souls games main difficulty comes from lack of options and the game builds everything around lacking those options. You literally have to handicap yourself even further to make it difficult once you understand how to abuse the game.

This.

That is a negative of BB's world that takes away from it, I agree. I still think it's the best. Also DeS was designed around fast travel from the start and it was the first in the series, so I think you're the zoomer here.

Pottery

>No stamina management.

People are going to pretend this was ever a thing outside of PVP. You have to be a brainlet not to see and tell 10 seconds in when you have enough stamina to do what in Souls games.

>FightinCowboy, an expert SOulsBorne player FromSoft flew to a convention for the game, said it is too hard, it is on a level beyond Souls. You lose half your resources when you die with no ability to regain them, and you die more than Souls.
Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Attached: 1495366318795.png (727x506, 666K)

kek

Attached: 3GVDWnj.png (313x243, 14K)

Anyone who says DeS has the second worst level design in the souls series instantly has their opinion discarded and should honestly receive a 3 day ban for how they expose themselves on a blue board.

>DMC 3 was overrated and 2 was the best in the series

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: lobos.jpg (194x259, 8K)

>guy knows exact spacing and timing to make shit miss
>HE-HE'S JUST JAMMING THE BUTTON

>summon sign shows up on the ground when Gael teleports
This lore goddamn

Attached: ereh a cute.jpg (500x549, 45K)

DeS doesn't even have a world, instead it offers you most the non-linearity of all the games because every area is open from the start and you can do progress through them at your own leisure after 1-1, but all of the areas themselves are isolated. The series got progressively more linear as time went on.

>Demon Souls
>Worst world design of the series
You have absolute garbage opinion here. Boletaria is fantastic and one of the best areas in all the games.

Then you restart the game and do better. Honestly every story based game should have permadeath. If you aren't planning to play Sekiro with a self imposed permadeath you are not doing it right.

HOW CAN ANYOE THINK THIS SOUNDS BAD
I cant fucking wait to get my hands on this.

this game is deffinetly going to be up ther with Nina Gaiden 2 360,Ninja gaiden black,and Bayonetta Climax mode

the posture system is going to end up as a joke as well
I just hope the bosses aren't just like the corrupt monk where you need to simply block 6 attacks in a row and either jump or counter the dangerous attack

How can a 10 word comment be so drenched in soi that you can hear the soi voice in your head

Can't this board have more than one Sekiro thread without shitposting?

Oh no they might have to play through a game a second time after they get good. Ninja Gaiden isnt even out of the tutorial stages when you beat it on normal.

No.

Any action game isn't out of the tutorial stage until you beat it twice.

Bayonetta is trash though. How you even put that up with a FROM title is a joke

Fucking based.

Attached: Sekiro - Samurai General.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

He's wrong it's alva

We get webms of sick hitboxes every time and when it comes out people will post the opposite, I don't know who to believe.
I never received a hit in any souls game that I didn't think I deserved though, must be lucky.

>game gets good after third playthrough
now this is a new one, we're past game gets good after 20 hours meme
LMAO

The hitboxes in Sekiro are SUSPICIOUSLY accurate for a FromSoft game.
What the hell is going on?

Attached: 1446138671338.jpg (307x386, 30K)

While I can enjoy restarting a game from scratch after getting good, not everyone is like that. People get invested in their character/save and get discouraged from the game if they have to start over. People want to be able to keep their progress even if they're dying over and over.

Nioh is the easiest soulsclone.

It's true. There are multiple videos of different attacks, both melee and ranged, missing the protagonist's hitboxes when they miss his model.

FROM have always had accurate hitboxes. That's the problem. They value accuracy over consistency.

>Action games
>taking longer than 20 hours to complete
My first playthrough of DMC3 only took 8 hours, I could easily play through it in half that time now that I'm comfortable with the game. You aren't learning the combat system well enough if it takes you 20+ hours to complete a proper action game.

Right, but who is okay with buying a game at full price and only getting 12 hours out of it? You know what you're getting when you buy a game like this.

Attached: confuse.jpg (2000x1684, 154K)

Attached: welshwhore.jpg (480x640, 75K)

Can someone explain to me where the 'Souls are hard' meme originated?

Attached: 1552235338828.webm (600x336, 2.94M)

Nope, it's the hardest test of endurance I ever fucking drudged through.
It wasn't hard in the I got killed a million times kind of way, more like these enemies have so much health and there are so many that this has become a part time job.

Kek

Zoomer games journalist

>upgrade your legendary katana to +255
>put on armor set with 99.9% damage reduction
>stack buffs and debuffs
>unsheathe living weapon
>boss explodes in 0.665 seconds

Nioh COULD have been a hardcore action game, if it didn't have all the looter and RPG mechanics, which completely invalidate its action gameplay.

I made one that was great the day all the previews dropped but I couldn't really step away and had to babysit the thread constantly. There was another couple of em the next day too but that was about it.

GYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYT

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

SCRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB

This sans irony.

godmaster isn't even that hard. it's just annoying. i'm not even that great at videogames and i beat the pantheon of hallownest. it's just annoying as fuck to have to fight through 30 easy bosses to get to the 5 difficult ones and then do it every time you die. NKG and PV are pretty easy with practice. AR is still a cunt though with a ton of RNG.

>isn't even that hard. it's just annoying.
PROOFS?

christ, there is no contest

the only souls game that could possibly be worse than 3 is 2

Fuck what they think they like. They won't know if they like or dislike it unless a game is actually made where permadeath is the only option.

2 is so bad that it's good; 3 is just bad.

Attached: DaS2 Falconer.webm (896x504, 2.91M)

haha dude what? bloodborne is easy as fuck

Was this not intentional? I thought they did this to make them creepy.

>cast spell on boss
>he freezes for 30 seconds
lol
>b-but WotN
yeah at that point you hit the boss once and he's gone

Sekiro: Spooky Samurai/Shinobi Stories

Attached: 1551992921018.jpg (912x557, 109K)

This, the rally system trivializes the entire combat system by not punishing sloppy play.

Nothing in that game was intentional. The entire design philosophy of the game was the antithesis of intentional. It personifies throwing shit at the wall but without even checking to see what sticks.

Attached: 1552065197683.jpg (723x675, 89K)

This.

Attached: das2isagoodgame3.webm (960x540, 2.64M)

>occultic prosthetic tools upgrades

Attached: 1552067218227.jpg (899x673, 123K)

game provided minimal instruction and expected player trial and error during a time of standard hand holding

>fight boss unintended way
>get unintended results
What's the issue here?

Attached: 1319558780636.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

Can we just turn this into a 'shit on DaS2' thread?

Attached: qqzbee.jpg (1600x842, 425K)

>Can we just turn this into a 'post the same 5 DaS2 webms again for the 10000th time' thread?
Kill yourself. Unironically.

I can't laugh hard enough.

cope

Seething.

Attached: das2isagoodgame4.webm (640x480, 1.6M)

To this day, I still don't entirely understand why Dark Souls 2 looks so damn ugly when all the pre-release footage made it look like it was following DaS's style. What happened even that the game turned out like this?

I liked alot of Dark souls 3, but I swear to god everything in that area was designed to make you hate videogames.

>1 word non-replies
You sure showed me.

Consoles happened.

okay can i get a non-meme answer now

Literally console limitations you dum dum.

Reminder: From blatantly lied to consumers.

Attached: DaS2 Graphical Downgrade.gif (1266x712, 1.39M)

Cope harder.

Attached: das2tracking-demonofsong.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Je suis monte!

Thank fuck I'm not so cynical to the point where I believe a game having a few flaws means it's an overall bad game.

You can (and kind of have to for some of them) dodge moves by jumping then countering with an aerial attack, so the hitbox have to be really precise for it to work.

DaS2 has more than 'a few flaws', friendo.

Attached: das2shockwaves.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

Did these happen to you when you played, friendo? Did you even play the game? Do you even play the games you save dozens of webms of?

>Did you even play the game?
Yes.

Attached: das2basedhitboxes.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Please don't tell me you believe those are bad hitboxes.

>a fast enemy
>a glitch so specific and so rare in occurrence that you'd practically have to intentionally perform it
>out of bounds area unintended to be seen that close up
>
>a parry working as intended
>speedhackers causing an unintended side effect
>low adp investment combined with a lack of understanding of one of the game's most core mechanics
>good hitboxes

???

The item descriptions bring me hope (not just these). They're creating their own, fun lore instead of just relying on basic Japanese mythology.

These seen great. I hope there's alternate costumes, weapons and skins for the main katana though. Seeing how they've always included meme armor sets it'd be weird if they didn't this time around.

Cope.

Attached: das2isagoodgame.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

My main complain is that every other boss is another le tol knait and you can cheese off it's attacks with just non-stop strafing.
That and shit level design.

Buzzwords after buzzwords. Poor guy.

>They're creating their own, fun lore
When have they ever not done this?

>Best level in the whole game
>Shit tier level design

Attached: 2014-07-19_00008.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 94K)

>Bayonetta is trash though.
I said CLIMAX mode you dumshit and climax mode is equivalent to aster ninja in ninja gaiden 2 more than it is to DMD mode inDMC

mad cuz bad

This Nioh could have been hard,but its to cheesable when you get powerfull weapon drops that decimate enmies

Fair point. I thought they went with Sengoku era Japan just so they can be lazy and borrow all the concepts from there.

Nioh already came out, nobody wants Sekiro, nobody cares, dead game on arrival, souls players want souls games.

>You kill Samurai.
>Uguu item descriptions.

But for real, just play Nioh.

Attached: 1547004101936.png (573x640, 479K)

>matthewmatosiscuck has entered the thread with his same das2 webms.
Well, time for another thread.

Based.

think you saved this thinking it was bad for some reason

Lmao what a stupid thing to say

>falconer walk animation
>a fast enemy
You're not even wrong on some of this points but this is just retarded. The falconer animation looks stupid, 100% of the time.
The gifs don't prove anything because every game has a bad hitbox here and there, but DaS2 hitboxes are legendary, it's hard to finish a playthrough without encountering a few of them, like the lancers in the forest hitting you even if you stand behind them, the dogs in the majula hole hitting you even if you stand to their side or Sir Alonne hitting you with the air around the handle of his sword if you dodge a thrusting attack to the left.
Not good.

>off-brand FromSoft clone

no thanks

>off-brand clone completely BTFOs main-brand combat system

From has been eternally cucked.

Absolutely based.

it's not a good animation sure but it's not meant to be seen up close with binoculars
from a gameplay perspective it's supposed to show the player that this enemy is approaching you at a very fast speed and it does its job
really all the animations in ds2 are awkward and dated so it's unfair to pick out this specific one

nah it's adorable you think this though, it's why you're posting in a FromSoft thread and not a Nioh thread :^)

So like for honor?

>If we force them to juggle a stance system it will make up for the shitty repetitive enemy encounters

autism

>implying that walk animation isn't based as fuck

dude all they had to do was sync the animation speed to actually match the distance covered

Actually, it's a sekiro thread faggot, but I can like both nioh and souls. It's not mutually exclusive. That said, nioh's combat does blow souls the fuck out. I went back to bloodborne recently after playing nioh and it felts like the entire game was playing at half speed.

Attached: Nioh_Ii_fight.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

>using iai cheese
Absolutely disgusting.

Attached: 1346093764482.jpg (264x264, 7K)

what a fat ugly jew

No, you're just an idiot. Falconer's walk looks bad even without binoculars, it's very obviously broken. It's like this because originally they were a NG+1 enemy only found in an area 90% covered with tall grass, most players wouldn't see them at all and most player who saw them wouldn't see their legs, so the animators said "fuck 'em".
The SotFS came out and in an attempt to justify its price point sprinkled them in a couple more areas, where you do see the legs but didn't bother fixing them.
It's just sloppy.

>That said, nioh's combat does blow souls the fuck out
>nioh's combat
>blow souls the fuck out

Attached: 1302484811800.jpg (264x300, 20K)

if anything the tall grass thing only bolsters my argument that it's unintended to be viewed like that
also i've never done ng+ nor played any version of 2 besides vanilla so i actually had to look this enemy up because i've never seen it before

Then why are you defending it if you've never even seen it?

just by watching that small clip i could easily gauge what was intended by that animation and what was unintended

>I'm going to defend fromsoft on principle because they can do no wrong
t. a fromshill

Based.

just by watching that small clip I saw horrendously poor quality animations that would still be laughable even if they were actually synced to match movement speed

any normal quality control would throw that out and start over because it's clearly unacceptable

no, that's a DaS2fag, there's a difference

FPBP

i'm not saying it's a good animation
i'm saying it was obviously unintended to be seen like that
and oversights like that do happen often in games so i can see how the placement in an area where the leg animation is more clearly visible was greenlit

>Your character isn't even covered in blood like in Bloodborne
Blood isn't as thematically important as in bloodborne. Waste of resources to implement that thing just because it looks cool.

What the fuck is going on in Sekiro threads?
Might as well wait for a /vg/ thread, this place is cancer

Lmao just play dmcv

is it true that the people who created the combat system for KH2FM are working on sekiro? i heard they also worked on bloodborne

I don't know about KH2FM, but a lot of the people working on Sekiro worked on Bloodborne and The Old Hunters DLC.

The entire gameplay if Sekiro is just a dumbed down one weapon Royalguard. It's pathetic. One style on one weapon on one character is supposed to compete with the package that is DMC5? Get the fuck out.

Two different games with wholly different gameplay formulas. Learn to distinguish, retard.

Lol this is your best gameplay? sekiro is gonna shit on this so hard

Yea Forumsirgins pretending like DS3 was bad is so fucking tired

DMC outranks from just like from outranks Nioh. It's that simple. These games should never have the same pricepoints.
If DMC5 is a $60 game, Sekiro should be like $25 and Nioh $10

World design =/= level design captain tardo

Will Sekiro be the Cuphead of Souls games?

Yasuhiro Kitao was live earlier answering audience questions about the game
>multiple endings confirmed, based on player choice and playstyle
>NG+ is back
>Option to make the game harder (a bell you ring apparently)
>Katana is called Kusabimaru
>Second sword is called Fushigiri, apparently will only be used in certain circumstances (reminds me of geralt's silver sword)
youtu.be/5feudBDTg2s

actually nioh makes the most sense as a f2p bootleg lootgrinder. Lol

No, that was a random webm I made because someone was complaining that Ii can't be defeated in a timely manner without cheese. That's like 1/3rd of the way through the game on base difficulty, but even with just a few skills it still feels more interactive than souls combat because of the stance changing, weapon abilities, enemy stamina management and pace. It does all of that, while still maintaining stat options and build variety.

Sekiro looks so dull it's probably the first souls/souls-like From game that I don't even think I'm going to bother buying.

>Option to make the game harder (a bell you ring apparently)
interesting
I wonder in what ways could it change the difficulty
also, is there any benefits from using the bell? does it reap rewards or are the tight lipped about that one too?

Attached: 132983729.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

They said it would increase rewards, I'd guess it'd be just money and xp

do you think any prior souls game made the significant majority of their money from people who finished them, fool?
only 60 percent of people have the "arrive at lordran" achievement in DS.
less than a third of players have rung both bells.

Sounds like pure awesome

>Who else is ready to see FromSoft tank because this game is unplayably hard?
>From Software games suddendly need to sell millions times

Attached: 1528730157626.jpg (400x400, 23K)

You only like ds1 because it was harder but it was harder for everyone. Ds3 was better tuned and more approachable so you got killed more by invaders because the skill ceiling was higher.

>if you sucked at parrying, WHEEEEEEEEWY, good luck, this game is 90% parry based. It is essential.
That was my fear, my boomer reflexes can't deal with this shit. Hopefully there's some skills to help me out.

lmao git gud

Nioh is not fun so it literally does not count at all whatsoever

>this game is 90% parry based
yikes, what a boring game

my ears will be bleeding after 10 mins

>they confirmed NG+
where?

the one and only expert of soulsborne is epicnamebro (the main pillar of the souls community and the reason soulsborne is succesful) and he says the game is amazing. case closed

Attached: ssa.jpg (900x1200, 167K)

>if you didn't complete the game on new game 47 wearing a blindfold then you barely passed the tutorial

>Second sword is called Fushigiri, apparently will only be used in certain circumstances (reminds me of geralt's silver sword)
When you kill the corrupted monk Sekiro uses that sword instead of the regular one

>insecure weeb manbaby who ends every sentence with a passive aggressive chuckle
literally /ourguy/

>I never received a hit in any souls game that I didn't think I deserved though

so you didn't play DaS II?

Attached: 1446406697879.webm (1280x720, 1.18M)

epic

Attached: ds1bigsmo.webm (853x480, 2.74M)

Oh shot covenant of chanpions is back

Also same interview also said Fushigiri would be used as a main weapon later into the game, so expect a lot of crazy shit with immortal enemies down the line

jej
Dark Souls II did some things right, and some things pretty well, but it was overall flawed as all hell, Demon's Souls had flaws which were ironed out in Dark Souls I, but Dark Souls II seemed to have gone backwards with simple mechanics, lightning and hitboxes. Some of the map designs were also atrocious, specially considering the standards the two previous games had set, everyone who has played it knows what I'm talking about.

Attached: 1481066223620.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Attached: Forest of the Fallen Planes.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

>Post DS3
>Activision

Not even once

Iron Passage sucks, but that bit is just good ol' Videogame Logic.

>Also same interview also said Fushigiri would be used as a main weapon later into the game, so expect a lot of crazy shit with immortal enemies down the line
Oh fuck
I wonder if moveset is different, it looks like an evil cursed katana after all.

>IT'S TOO HARD
Yeah, I'm thinking Dad of War is more your speed.

See

>fightingcowboy
>expert
fucking kek im surprised everyone forgot that retard video he made on prepatch santiers spear defending it even though the community called him out on it

youtube.com/watch?v=d5nFwfgl0EU

>come back into this thread after 3h of playing Dragon's Dogma
>matthewmatosiscuck still spamming DaS2 webms
What a fucking retard, kek.

he was just baiting, nobody could like DMC2

>they finally combined Firekeeper and Iosefka
Why does she have a western name though

Attached: Emma.jpg (903x865, 172K)

You have a problem

C O L O N I Z E D

>Why does she have a western name though
Howdy

You are such a self-loathing faggot, stop acting chad on Yea Forums.org/v/, all of your anger towards soi stems from your insecurities coz you think you are too soi yourself
FAG

Build up for how her master will be the white piggu final boss

M-Masaka! Wirriam-san?!

I bet specific enemies and events won’t occur unless you ring it. The prayer beads are limited and miniboss related, so you probably can’t unlock everything in a single run like previous titles,

>actual normal-looking japanese woman as firekeeper
this is my fetish. I really like how the kid looks too.

casuals and normies playing something that actually takes a bit of patience and learning when they're used to things like sony's cinematic movies

>FightinCowboy

is this nigga srs?

>normal
We'll see about that.

Attached: 1530202785126.webm (1280x720, 443K)

So, as seen on one of Sekiro's streams, apparently, when you break the enemy's posture, there's an option to jump over them and execute them from behind. I'm guessing it's to let you use the bloodmist ninjutsu, because it seems to only be available from backstabs, but not regular executions or plunging executions.
But you only have an option to do the jump over/backstab execution if you broke the enemy posture with an attack (not sure if needs to connect, or posture break from enemy blocking also counts). Posture breaks from deflect go directly into frontal stab execution stance, and if you delay it, the enemy will just recover their posture.

Attached: 205460.jpg (2560x1440, 750K)

>World design =/= level design captain tardo
It's the same shit considering the levels are the worlds.
Congratulations. You = Faggot
Well done General Retard.

!COLONISED!

All actual FromSoft gamers are really excited about this. This is basically a hype thread for how awesome the game will be. Hype everybody I'm fucking g stoked game is gonna be hard as shit I can't wait

As another user said, you have to wait for the enemy to "wind up," their hit, then parry as they begin to swing.

Think of it like a baseball player or golfer getting ready to swing. They pull the bat/club behind their back, then move into the swing.

>expert SOulsBorne player
KEK
I wish it was true though. Just give me your best from soft, no need to hesitate, maximum diffculty please

There's also aerial combat arts, charge attacks for prosthetics, slide attack and god knows how much more shit you can unlock with pick up skills.

So far, every thread posted has been pretty positive and hype.

>actual FromSoft gamers

Attached: 85058100.jpg (480x480, 37K)

It will not be hard for everyone, Sekiro has parrying as a core mechanic and most can learn even the most difficult system as long as they are used consistently throughout the game.
DS2, DS3 and BB used dodge as a core mechanic, which was more challenging (at least in DS2, which didn't have roll spam) to master than timing your blocks in DeS and DS1 and yet despite it being harder to learn, people nowadays use it more than blocking.
Same thing will happen with the transition from DS2, DS3 and BB dodging to Sekiro parrying.

>aerial combat arts
Haven't actually seen those. Any footage?
I know there's jumping attack, but I believe it's just regular R1 spam.
>charge attacks for prosthetics
Yeah, I know about those.
>slide attack
Like an actual slide attack, or just sliding into someone to knock them down or something?
Haven't seen any footage of that either.

I'm just interested that they've changed the combat to more than just roll>wait for opening>attack all the time. It's gotten quite boring now, 5 games in.

So if parrying breaks posture faster than attacking, and you can't parry in the middle of a combo, why would you ever attack at all?

>Sekiro has parrying as a core mechanic
Sekiro parries are more like royal guard or Revengeance parries than they are Souls parries, except with multiple types of unblockables you need to take into consideration as well.
Your typical parry spamming DSfag will get his ass handed to him exactly like it happened with souls streamers invited to the event who spent over a hour trying to beat the fatass drunkard or guardian of the gates. Won't be surprised if they are hiding Monk's true power as well because so far he looks like the easiest boss.

>actual FromSoft gamers
AC or ACE? Think carefully before answering, this is an important question.

that's a dmc player

It's like these retards pretend they didn't fail massively with Spider-Man, resident evil 2 and DMC5, and happily bites on to the next upcoming game in a pitiful attempt to chase a new tortanic.
What's wrong with these children?

>why would you ever attack at all?
To appease Soulsfags.

>Sekiro parries are more like royal guard or Revengeance parries than they are Souls parries
That's what makes them easier though.
In Souls (from 2 onwards) parries have startup frames before the active frames, while in 1 the active frames start at the beginning of the parry animation. So as long as you hit the button in time before the enemy attack reaches you - you're good. You don't need to account for the wind-up animation.
I really doubt Sekiro's parries are frame perfect like Bayonetta's Bat Within.

any of them (enb, vaati, lobos) are fucking soiboy cunts and souls community is trash. Any gaming community is trash.

Attached: 1471813802493.png (565x481, 491K)

>Haven't actually seen those. Any footage?
No, we've only seen the skill that enables combat art usage in the air.
>Like an actual slide attack, or just sliding into someone to knock them down or something
So far it looks only like a slide, but who knows what upgrades it will gain.

Attached: 1533689049868.jpg (1165x650, 205K)

says the anime avatar tranny

>too hard
it's easier than a souls game, considering you have only one weapon and a significantly smaller moveset to learn. You can only equip one skill at a time and they're all mapped to l1+r1. Posture system is literally just a second health bar.

You can only parry thrusts. It's called mikiri.

>That's what makes them easier though.
Not really. In souls games there's always tools that have large parry window or low recovery or both. And a single parry means the death for the enemy. In Sekiro you need at least a dozen of perfect blocks together with your own damage to bring someone's posture to critical, if you're not following the flow of combat you will start fucking up at some point and all minibosses have at least 2 HP bars on top of it, alongside unblockables or status effects that still go through even if you deflect the attack.

why is this thread full of so much souls arguing? I thought everyone knew they are fun games but made poorly. They each have terrible hitboxes and clipping.

From games have stupidly accurate hitboxes, they just glitch out a lot when motion is involved.

lmao ok.

no worries, I'm just going to stealth it

>climax mode is equivalent to aster ninja in ninja gaiden 2
That's not a compliment.

So you spam 2 moves for as many iframes as possible? Because that's how you play NG2

Your average Yea Forumstard.

He means perfect block.

Well, it's easier for me at least. I just have to hit the button before the enemy's weapon reaches my face.
And another thing I forgot to say in my previous post. Sekiro's parries aren't actually parries. They're perfect blocks. So if you hit the button prematurely, it will just result in a regular block instead of a parry. You won't actually eat full damage from a failed parry like in Souls.
Of course you can fuck up it. You can fuck up everything. That's why we get gud. Every time we meet a new enemy we have to familiarize ourselves with their moveset. And I'm sure Sekiro will be no different.

happens with every good game thats released, Yea Forums hates witcher 3 now too

then all of a sudden you get threads saying garbage like fc2 is the best one

explain how i'm wrong.
Literally give me any good counterpoint to what I brought up.
posture is literally just another bar to take away to do a death blow, considering that's literally also the ONLY way to damage bosses, too.

>it will just result in a regular block instead of a parry
This is actually horrifying in context of Sekiro since your own posture can be broken very fast and leave you defenceless for headless kappa to steal your anus soul.

Mikiri = dodging into a Perilous thrusting attack.
But you can also perfect block those, like regular attacks. But Mikiri does more posture damage.
Perilous horizontal swipes cannot be blocked, perfect blocked or dodged through, only jumped over.

>why would you ever attack at all
to clear out trash mobs I guess

Taking posture damage is better than taking posture AND health damage.
>leave you defenceless for headless kappa to steal your anus soul
>implying I'm not going to enjoy that

I thought all perilous attacks could not be deflected.

Dark Souls.

>So if parrying breaks posture faster than attacking
It doesn't

You can't over level in souls, the game scales.

You actually don't even start with Mikiri, it's a skill you learn. And Perilous thrust attacks have really good tracking. So it's natural that you have a way to counter them without Mikiri at the start of the game, without having to outright disengage the enemy and run out of their effective radius.

Deflecting does little posture damage. You'll be able to take off significantly more posture damage by attacking. You can't just stand there and just deflect.

So all those different combos and special moves are only going to be useful for basic enemies when the best way to handle anything more threatening is to just stand still and deflect everything?

>Too hard
>You can 1 button instant disengage any fight and gain high ground and drop aggro.

>You can't over level in souls
u wot

If you feel like farming for a few hours you can be overlevelled for the next few areas easily

Since it's confirmed that Mortal Blade will be usable as a main weapon later in game, what do you want it to do?

Attached: 1535609465643.jpg (1941x1037, 260K)

Enemies also regenerate posture far more quickly with high HP.

To sneak in some attacks against slow swinging enemies, like the fat drunkard guy. Mixing attacking and deflecting is going to break the enemy's posture down faster than only either one.
Oh, and also I believe posture break builds up faster the lower the enemy (or yours) health is.

Not in boss fights though.

It's ok, From made a game for us DMC/NG/Armored Core fags.

I don't think it's "usable". It can be used for executing some undying bosses in a special way, I think.

And there's statuses like burn you can set on enemies by attacking too.
Burn looks pretty delicious since it's a passive HP damage that sticks to enemy for some time.

That is what I would conclude from the gameplay videos out there right now. You already have to play rock paper scissors with your dodges at bosses, how are you going to be juggling special attacks in there as well?

Not true at all. You can level up abundantly as you'll accumulate more and more souls. So long as you level up each time you have sufficient souls on your person, you're good.

I'm kind of worried the actual attacking part is going to be pretty one dimensional again, either just R1 spam or abusing a single combat art.

>Can't hook out of danger in boss fights
But you can, check the corrupted monk boss fight, literally just hook out of his most dangerous attack and 1 hit kill him from high ground.
Also, there's like 6 bosses in this game, rest are mini bosses that you can hook out of

Well, Sekiro ISN'T about the actual attacking part in the first place. It's designed around the attack/deflect dance, the prosthetic tools, stealth, grappling hook and item use. So this time it's actually okay for the attacking part to be R1, because there's more to combat in Sekiro than just attacking.

dumb faggot soulsbabby

>that classic "ninja teleport" technique and pose

Attached: 1535217924301.png (674x674, 630K)

Then why have a 5 part main combo with charge modifiers, jump attacks, prosthetic combos, special moves, special dash attacks, etc. if attacking isn't supposed to be important?

Daytime change confirmed. This is the area with an ogre from the recent gameplay reveals. Only at night and with completely new enemies.

Attached: 1539007114422.jpg (1686x951, 213K)

Well, that's the tutorial boss. The next one (a horseback boss) requires you to fight him, if you wish any chance of succeeding. Takes place on an open battlefield. No elevations.
>Also, there's like 6 bosses in this game
How hard do you fall for shitposts? How can you be this gullible?

Because enemies still have different openings with different lengths for you to exploit?

that'd be dumb

To give you more options.
You can counter the chained ogre with his natural weakness of fire by unlocking the fire prosthetic.
Or you can start the fight with a stealth execution to halve his health.
Or you can just fight him like you would in Souls, by attacking and dodging.

And I already said before, but you want to actually combine all three for the best results. Just relying on only attacking, or only deflecting, is not how you're supposed to play.

No, that's fantastic since Myazaki wanted to do this since Bloodborne (and actually did in limited form).

NEW SEKIRO TRAILER! UPLOADED 20 MINS AGO

Bloodborne weapons had a lot of options too and in practice you only mashed one button. Sekiro will be the same.

>It's only in the DEMO!
Mate cmon, I really want this game to be like they said "the next DeS" but the more gameplay and analysis I see, the more it becomes clear that they may have made sneak and disengaging very imba on purpose

meh

>in practice
user, I don't know what else to tell you. The gameplay is only as dull as the player.

Its not out yet
no one understands a fucking thing about the game
if you want this to be true please keep chirping

yikes

>Won't be surprised if they are hiding Monk's true power as well because so far he looks like the easiest boss.
The monk is probably the first boss of the game, since she has very obvious and predictable attack patterns compared to (mini) bosses seen in recent previews.

Is this PC render?
Looks A LOT better than the other game play trailers.

Look at this badass granny.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-11 Sekiro™ Shadows Die Twice Official Launch Trailer - YouTube.png (1406x750, 1.35M)

Stale pasta

>Looks A LOT better than the other game play trailers.
That's because this trailer isn't gameplay? It's like 80% cutscenes.

> tall woman in sengoku nippon

>Flame Vent upgrade makes it so powerful you literally move backwards from fire stream
>Switch Axe upgrade infuses it with fire and creates a fucking explosion on hit
>that fucking teleport behind u and artorias leap techniques
>day change

Attached: 1524906192500.jpg (700x694, 153K)

She's not tall, the Wolf is just a manlet.

The player just does what the game encourages him to do. If simply mashing R1 is more effective than actually trying to make use of the game's varied tools, how is that the player's fault? Do you think using different shit for no reason would somehow make the game less dull?

I played it at PAX. It is pretty easy. If Soulsborne are generic action games that require management of one small mechanic. Very simple to overcome once you recognize this.

desu they're the same in terms if difficulty. I played 3 first and though it was harder than 1 or 2. The first one you play is always the hardest.

She's in.

It's a neat way to introduce "New Game Plus" and additional story bits to players even after they've completed the game once.

The first time through the game, you're probably going to be dying a lot, the dragonrot is going to get out of control, and you won't be able to unlock all the items and NPCs. This will inspire you to play the game again, using all the skills you learned from the first playthrough to die as little as possible, and see what new dialogue or NPCs you can unlock. There's probably something neat for players that can pull off a deathless run as well.

>If simply mashing R1 is more effective than actually trying to make use of the game's varied tools
We've just had like three posts when I said it's not the case, and combining all of your tools is the most effective way.
You CAN just use R1 for regular attacks, but it won't be as effective as using all of your moveset. But that's JUST for the attacking, i.e. your R1 button in particular. You will still have to use the tools, items and stealth.

>You CAN just use R1 for regular attacks, but it won't be as effective as using all of your moveset.
This is a From game we're talking about. The most boring way to play is always the one most rewarded.

Looks fucking great.

Attached: IMG_0869.jpg (720x900, 128K)

Attached: 4f036e81a4db947dfaed86032af6040a.jpg (800x807, 104K)

Okay, Lobos.

god i hate soiboys

Attached: 1543511761545.png (675x675, 115K)

Resolve yourself to do better in NG+

It's not that it's the most rewarded, it just has the least risk involved

Not really when the safest weapons and attacks also tend to do the highest DPS.

From simply does not understand balance.

Why does a PvE game need to be balanced to begin with? Just do whatever you find fun, who cares?