Gameboy Advance SP

Do you still have yours?

Attached: sp.jpg (750x633, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

consolevariations.com/nintendo/game-boy-advance-sp/game-boy-advance-sp-console-variations/
youtube.com/watch?v=UJZYBS_eeLY
youtube.com/watch?v=O4UDNtsYBR8
youtube.com/watch?v=7tPRAhZHAmA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah but there's fuzzy gunk under the screen and I can't find the charger

Yes, but the power light flashes between red and green constantly so I can only play it plugged in because I never know when it will die.

Yes but I have a launch model with a terrible screen.

Yep, works good too even though its been in a toilet once

>people are selling gameboys for $100 now
fuck this gay earth

things have fucking skyrocketed in price lately

Attached: photo_2019-02-15_08-15-14.jpg (918x960, 103K)

I have both my original Pearl Blue one and Surf Blue model I picked up in near perfect condition last summer for only $5. Unfortunately my OG has some internal problems with staying on but the new one makes up for it.

>I can't find the charger
Had the same issue, so I went to gamestop to find a replacement. All they have is an obnoxious car+wall all in one charger with a double headed cord. Now I have to lug that hideous tangled mess around everywhere when I travel with it, which is in complete contrast to the style and portability of the SP..

Fucking gamestop.

Going to try online sometime for a stock charger.

Yeah, the red one. L button's a little fucked and you have to press in towards the center of the SP rather than towards you. Cover's a bit scratched, but I think it's still in decent condition otherwise.

buy a replacement battery, it has reached its maximum amount of chargers

ah good to know, thanks man

Some fuckboy stole mine in school. He literally just walked over to my backpack and took it and the teacher said I couldn't prove it was mine even though I played it all the time during breaks. My mom didn't do anything either and the kid moved away the next year.

yes. backlight was revolutionary.

Bought a pearl blue ags 101 with an emerald in great condition

Nope and I honestly don't know what happened to it. My original GBA's still kicking, though.

Yes, and the lack of audio jack is really annoying.

>Not immediately kicking that kids ass and taking it back
>Needing your mommy to get it for you
You sound like a complete bitchmade faggot. You deserve to get your shit stolen pussy.

Yes but the speaker is busted and no sound is coming out

I didn't have an SP when I was a teenager, I just had the normal GBA. I gave it to a poor cousin at some point.

These days I have two GBA SPs, one is an AGS-101 which I've reshelled with an NES edition repro shell. I also have a Micro.

Attached: NESSP.jpg (1600x2133, 1.17M)

I have this instead, but most of games were sold by my brother, that's the worst thing he did to me (half were his, half were mine)

Attached: 51662GYBNJL._SX385_.jpg (385x314, 24K)

I tried to play it but the tiny screen by todays standards sucks

You're better off with a flashcart anyway.

Yeah, i guess, but it's still nice to have as a collection. My psp doesn't read umds anymore, but i still like to have those boxes.
I would buy some of the game i had again, at least the ones i liked the most, but it would be too expensive probably.

I sold mine to get a DS.
But a few years ago I found the same color in very good condition at a flea market for $10.

Attached: 1527567057751.jpg (1024x768, 104K)

I never had an sp because I was a true loyal nintendruid that got an original gba

Sure as shit was. I remember buying the first released SP and then getting a trade in years later when it broke down for the new and improved back light; that was such a heavenly moment for me. I mean, It is still so streamlined and functional, not to mention that incredible library, how could you ever top it?

>fuzzy gunk under the screen
mine too
how do we get rid of it? it's dead center and can't see shit

I’ve had a similar issue with SPs. I feel like I have to flick the ON switch in just the right way to make the light green. It is a problem with the switch/connection or with the battery like you told the other user?

Attached: 07A1CAD1-8447-42AA-BF21-30B8B7AC7C61.jpg (750x416, 40K)

Micro is ludo as fuck no hate

Why even own a gba when a ds could play gba games?

one day my mum took it away cause i wasnt allowed to play it at night and havent seen it since. vros help

Attached: kewl alex.png (383x396, 216K)

I have my sisters and mine.
One of those Barbie games was ok IIRC.
sure it was, when Sega did it in nineteen-motherfucking-ninety, dumbass.

I love my micro. Super convenient to have around, can slip it into any pocket without issue. The only downer is that it doesn't have a real sleep mode because Nintendo got cheap while they were designing the GBA (I know the SP was at least supposed to have a DS-style sleep mode).

Attached: gb-micro.jpg (2048x1536, 488K)

Mine had the issue of never holding a charge, and I recall the lights doing that exact thing. A replacement battery was all I needed to make it go away.

They're not as comfortable to hold and the SP has better buttons.

mine was stolen ages ago but I recently got a light blue one and a grey one, both 101s

I found mine like two weeks ago, it stays on the bootup screen even with a cartridge inserted so it probably doesn't read anymore, served me well

Attached: Best Game Gear.jpg (1000x1384, 897K)

t. nigger

DS can't play GB/GBC games, making either the GBA or SP the ultimate Game Boy, depending on your preference.

I skipped out on the micro because I hated the idea of having an exposed screen in my pocket like that. SP would fit in a jacket pocket easy enough, so I never really wanted one. Kinda want to fuck around with one now.

Easier to get flash cards for DS, but the Adv was nice.

the sp didn't have a sleep mode, just a bunch of games started having a sleep mode that you could activate and then wake up by pressing a+b+l+r, it didn't sleep when you closed it like the ds did

Get some qtips and isopropyl alcohol up in that bitch.

based as FUCK

Ds had a shitty form factor, but gba sp was much worse. Original gba was the best.
Well, i didn't care that mine was pink actually, it's the colour i associate gba with, along with tranclusent pink

Yeah, I had red ASG-001 as a kid and now use a grey ASG-101.

Attached: 20180907_145320_HDR.jpg (4160x2080, 2.56M)

Yeah but the battery barely holds a charge anymore. I bought Golden Sun and it only lasted like two hours on it, I had to use my DS Fat instead.

Not him, but it might be an issue with the switch or an internal component. I had a similar problem and replacing the battery didn't help. So I did a little searching and I found the easiest way to remedy this is to buy a new motherboard and install it. You can get motherboards for like 25 dollarydoos on ebay. I recommend buying a new battery first, since those only cost 10 bucks and are easier to replace. If that doesn't work, you might need to buy a new motherboard.
Also why the fuck did the prices skyrocket? I bought mine like 10 years ago off ebay and I'm certain I didn't spend more than $30 on it.

>get brother zelda ds lite ages ago
>last year see him post it to facebook, wants to sell it for $250 because he needs to replace band gear in a pinch
>say "hell no" and buy it from him myself

fuck that shit, mine now

I have a red one just like that. Not sure exactly where it is right now but I know it's around in a box or drawer somewhere. I put a bunch of the rub-on decals from a Char's Zaku model on it way back in the day.

I used to keep mine in a thin neoprene pouch that took up no real space, but now I keep it in a little case meant for a tiny camera (I think) that has a bit of padding without adding too much bulk to it.

My SP case is significantly larger. I'll post a pic of it in a minute.

Attached: 2019-03-11 00.26.37.jpg (1600x2133, 1009K)

I'd love to mod a gba to have the 101 screen but I'm too lazy and don't wanna butcher an sp to do it

Reminder that eventually, 100% of all gameboy games will stop working when their internal battery dies.

Attached: B5875F18-8D4E-4967-A20D-3C0B8FBC1260.jpg (723x868, 160K)

Mine also sold a pink original gba with most of the games (at least the ones he could find) and later i bought a similar one from ebay along with flashcard.

Does anyone have the ez-flash 3-in-1 gba flash cart? How the fuck does that thing work? I put roms on it and I have progress saved on them that it loads no problem but any time I make new progress in anything, even if I save the game like in metroid fusion or pokemon fire red after a while the new progress is gone.

If a new battery is all I need where’s the best place to get one? Is any cheap aftermarket off eBay good enough?

Attached: 0C129E77-DE74-4889-84B7-94EBF3F428D6.jpg (659x391, 49K)

Not really. Pokemon FireRed doesn't use one and Pokemon Emerald just uses it for time events

100% of gameboy games save their code via a battery that is no longer in production.
When that runs out the game literally won’t run.

>the sp didn't have a sleep mode
I know, I'm saying that it was meant to have a sleep mode, they just didn't implement it due to cost/time concerns.
This is my GBA SP case. It's a bit thick and inconvenient but can hold a headphone adapter (I fucking hate this about the SP) and a USB charging cable.

Attached: 2019-03-11 00.31.56.jpg (1600x1200, 642K)

>youngest sibling
>always got hand me downs from older brother and sister
>only got their gbcs when they both got gbas
>chrismas comes around
>I get give my present
>sp with pokemon sapphire
>open it and play it immediately
>leave, long drive home
>pitch black out
>brother and sister are struggling to play tbeir gbas as they can't see shit
>play pokemon with ease as they try to get under street lights
Sorry to blogfag, honestly one ofy greatest memories. I miss being a kid.

Attached: 1542043850208.png (185x224, 58K)

>buy a new motherboard and install it
Sounds complicated, unless there’s tutorials out there that even a brain let can do it. I’ll try for the battery first since it’s probably overdue for one anyway.

Attached: 14CFF092-6416-4099-A07B-FECF823C8844.png (733x378, 272K)

>via a battery that is no longer in production.
I didn't know GB cartridges used a special type of battery.
Like, there are flash saves, but those might out-live us.

Yeah, odds are it needs a new battery one way or the other.
There ARE guides, but they're not brainlet proof, and it is a pretty involved process. Not the hardest, but not very easy either.

Might be an issue with the switch. The SP's power switch is weird, and if it's not positioned correctly it will not work properly.

Replacing either it or the mobo is really no trouble at all.

You can buy replacements though.

no because some nigger stole it from my own home.
it was the NES version too
If I knew who did it back then I'd likely still be in prison today because I would've cut them up.

Attached: 1516487959539.jpg (512x512, 83K)

got rid of mine when i got a ds lite

I do and I feel sorry for all the losers who had to deal with the OG GBA that had no backlight because Nintendo are jews.

Nope

Attached: 20190310_234000_HDR.jpg (4160x3120, 3.35M)

Is that cover custom made? Looks nice.

Gave it to my sister when I got a PSP. I think she threw it in the trash somewhere. Looking back, I kind of wish I held onto to it for a little while longer, even though my R button had stopped working.

Attached: 3d8c1290-fa4b-4c8b-8422-eef46cd57531.gif (500x375, 371K)

Rest of the games are back at my parents place, I only packed the essentials

Attached: IMG_20190310_214211078.jpg (4032x2268, 2.1M)

It was made by a guy named Bluishsquirrel in the UK, but he rarely keeps them in stock. The buttons are also custom cast in maroon (similar to the color of an original Game Boy), got those from some bro who had a bunch of them made, but those are long gone.

>$1,000 worth of gba sp
nigga why

Not him but the micro had changable face plates, probably one of those. People still make custom ones even, it's part of the appeal with micro collectors.

Attached: 51H8-g5xDML.jpg (500x424, 32K)

They're all really cute.

is it acceptable to play video games in public as an adult

>tfw you never bought a micro while it was in stores

Attached: oh_no.png (540x540, 527K)

No, but it's nice to have a portable game machine that you can take into other rooms.

No, this is why you play your handhelds at home.

>Defending yourself and your property makes you a nigger
How fucking stupid are some of you?

only if you play the shittiest gacha garbage on your phone like a normal NPC

I barely knew they existed. My friend saw it in a magazine and tried to describe it to me, but I never saw one in person.

Yes, but ONLY if you're attractive as fuck. Being attractive allows you to do a lot of "socially unacceptable" things and people will just laugh it off as "haha such a nerd lol :)".

Only if you're in public transportation or on a flight. Especially if you're on a flight, because no one wants to be there, and will do anything to distract themselves from the agonizing banality of it all.

Attached: 1552181813461.png (947x644, 651K)

Only if it's on your phone.
GBA = No
Emulator = Yes

They came out AFTER the original ds, most people thought they were gimmicky and too small. They're a cool novelty item but an AGS-101 looks as good and can play gb/gbc games. And that isn't counting emulation as an option. Unless you're a collector or strike an amazing deal they're not worth it.

>traded in all my old handhelds for the newer ones as a kid
>left with nothing but shit i don't care about

Attached: 1508501523952.jpg (750x716, 62K)

i really want a phone with a physical keyboard, i hate touch screen controls.

An issue you run into is that a lot of the ones currently being made have cloudy screen lenses, which can cause visibility issues with the screen.
They're just about the most compact option ever for vidya though, that's still worth something.

Yes I do, a golden one. Came with Mario 3.

>They're just about the most compact option ever for vidya though, that's still worth something
While probably true, I think the psp go might be a better bang fot your buck thanks to emulation, I think we can admit no one plays video games in public beside children.

Literally everyone plays videogames in public these days though. Never seen someone playing Candy Crush or something on their phone waiting for lectures or a meeting or whathaveyou?

The PSP Go is a great option for a portable handheld, but is still not quite as small as a Micro, and is arguably even less comfortable than the already crampled Micro.

A hacked n3DS is currently the best option for an all around handheld due to the Virtual Console as well as other emulation options, plus the ability to natively play 3DS and DS games. I do wish it could play PS1 games though.

Attached: n3ds.jpg (2800x1600, 1.08M)

how the FUCK do I run nds games on my n3ds

Playing on your phone is different from having a console you carry, at least in tbe eyes of normalfags. For some reason playing candy crush or some gachashit is fine but playing an actual game is "weird".

No body is paying attention to you anymore, they're all looking at their phones. Stop being paranoid.

The real answer is they get a dopamine hit when they buy something and they need to make up nonsense excuses like the buttons on the ds being worst (the original ds uses the exact same a/b buttons) to justify their purchase

I do think the n3DS is powerful enough to run PS2 games, it needs a proper emulation structure

GBAs can play all GB games, plus most of us own DSes anyway.

Never had one

Went straight from the original GBA to the original DS. I did eventually get a DS Lite though

Just opened my desk draw and Picked up my old one.
Got 2 Naruto stickers on it.
It looks so tiny now, compared to all the DSs I own.

Man, I would love another tiny gaming handheld, but everything is getting bigger and with more buttons.

I really doubt it. Currently you can get semi-playable framerates in some PS1 games in Retroarch if you have a n3DS. I think that's about the best we can hope for.

I forgot about the 3ds. I have only ever owned my o3ds from 2012. I hacked it but that was back when uses were far more limiting, it's cool to hear how much progress has been made. Is the vita good for emulation? Last I heard the psp still had some strengths over it but I imagine by now people have figured out how to run more stuff.

>The original DS uses the exact same A/B buttons
As what? It's got buttons different from the GBA, SP and DS Lite. Might cross over with the Micro, maybe.

Yeah, but I broke the thing that holds the batterries on the back. It's currently being held together by duct tappe. And I dropped it in a bath once. Should be busted by now, what a trooper

Gameboy Advance SP was my first gaming experience with Sonic Advance
It holds a special place in my cerebal cortext

>Is the vita good for emulation?
I'm really not sure, I've not hacked my Vita. I would imagine so though.

Micros can't play gb/gbc games actually, one of the main downsides of the them.

I know that, and it's not even called a 'GBA'. It's specifically called a 'GBM' for whatever reason.

GBA was my favorite system, followed closely by original DS. I still have my AGS-001 from high school, and keep it on my computer desk. I told my wife I had been thinking about soldering on a 101 screen and voltage regulator for that backlit goodness, but she was so sweet she went and bought me one complete/soldered from aliexpress. It came in and the shell and buttons were aftermarket shit but the board and screen are good, so I swapped them into my original shell/buttons and it's great. Been playing through the zelda oracle games again, will probably try to finally play through yggdra union next

The original ds abxy are the same buttons used on the gba sp. Same shape, texture, and feel

I just like collecting Gameboys! Plus, I bought all of them from flea markets/craigslist/local selling apps for really cheap or bundled with games that I sold to make my money back.

Right?

Attached: 20190311_000512_HDR~01.jpg (3120x3977, 1.82M)

>Debating between getting a Gameboy SP/Micro or just getting a vita for Nintendo emulations
>But can't fucking decide
Why was GBA so kino?

Attached: 1551141400700.png (370x359, 183K)

I still have my GBA SP and original DS. Both of them have trouble detecting cartridges and their shoulder buttons no longer work.

Get a n3DS and hack it. Best bang for your buck.

Cool, do you and your wife also enjoy your retron 5?

Wow look at all that stuff you bought. That is so cool that you bought so much things. Buying stuff is something to be proud of. Wowee

just bought one yesterday

I think they're smaller though.

It's not my original, but I still play it from time to time.

Attached: IMG_20190310_220811__01.jpg (3042x4065, 3.84M)

what game is that on screen?

I was about to tell you how wrong you were, but upon further examination it turns out the original DS's actually have the same tactile switch design, though with a rubber pad in between that I'm not sure is on the SP. That's interesting, since I'd never pick a fat DS as feeling as good.

Attached: fFrh5AWRoiU2Kgu2.full.jpg (3360x2520, 585K)

poorfag problems

Not that user, but I did find one good use for the Retron 5: You can use it to back up saves from legit carts, and then use those saves in emulators or on flash carts.

I have forever preserved the game saves I had as a kid. Feels pretty fuck neato.

No. My mom threw it, and all of the other vidya I left in her care, away.

i love ur little bag!

Never had one. Used to emulate all the latest games for it though.

Final Fantasy VI Advance, it's early on in the game while you're in Narshe for the first time.

Attached: final_fantasy_vi_desktop_1920x1359_hd-wallpaper-1101116.jpg (1920x1359, 2.65M)

thats a nice green sp

>Linked a 3DS by mistake
Christ. It's so fucking difficult just finding a plain fat DS image. Point is though it actually has the same switches.

Sorry you don't have stuff, user, but there's no need to be angry!

I was just messing with him since he brought his wife up. "My wife and I enjoy our Retron 5" was a popular shitpost on /vr/ when it was released due to some guy trying to shill it.

what color shell should i get for my sp
i have a plat rn

>my SP's battery inflated
Had to dispose of that shit, but I keep forgetting to buy a new battery.

I am without stuff and therefore feel empty. I should go buy stuff and ill be happy just like you!

You can find one for like $6 on ebay.

>what color shell should i get for my sp
This is a list of all official versions: consolevariations.com/nintendo/game-boy-advance-sp/game-boy-advance-sp-console-variations/

I think the best looking are: NES, Spice/Lime, Zelda Edition and Samus Satin.

I would love to get my hands on one just to customize it and make it look like the American SNES with the purple buttons and black directional pad.

Where the fuck is my man?

Attached: 1525202396537.jpg (704x1000, 134K)

When that happens, we'll already be dead so it doesn't really matter.

Tried making a custom paint job last summer, but I'm not too happy with how it turned out.

Attached: 20180823_150630.jpg (3264x1836, 1.57M)

Good question. Now that you've pointed out, it pisses me off.

whoah this dude looks SICK

Actually doesn't look too bad, why those colors though? They clash pretty bad.

it couldn't play original or color gameboy games and the DS was out at the time so there was never a point in owning one if you didn't have the money

I'm guessing it's a Wario theme?

It's not bad. You should paint the top half purple too, though.

Wario

Huh, i don't know why i didn't think of that immediately.

>the hinge kind of look like suspenders
Not bad.

honestly though lakers at first

So, was there any way to fix a fucked up R button on an SP? I fucking love my NES SP but that thing not working screws me out of a lot of game options.

Wow its almost like people take pleasure from different things and have different priorities.

Attached: 1549333318254.jpg (203x250, 6K)

Aaaaaah fuck. But I already have the Link Between Worlds edition 3DS and don't wanna buy a new one or hack the Zelda one.
But just in case is there a tutorial and software for hacking it?

The two halves would stick together when it closed and I definitely should have sanded down the hinge areas afterward since there was a thick layer of paint build up

Ye. Super not happy with how this part turned out, but I'm going to redo it once it gets warm

Attached: 20180824_215729.jpg (3264x1836, 1.48M)

They did get clearanced out down to $20 pretty quick, and stuck around on store shelves for a long ass time, so they were inadvertently a good budget.

Sorry youre insecure about your "hobby", but theres no need to be angry!

Open it up and clean it.
Or buy a new screen.

I know it's not really related, but why the fuck is the right hinge one the OG 3ds xl so frail, i have two of them that each have a broken right hinge.

What the fuck happened to nintendium bros?

Attached: 1491101347562.jpg (250x239, 6K)

this guy is the reason old console prices keep rising

>put in a game
>slap it in like I’m putting in a new handgun mag

I like you.
>poorfag

Mecha-sex god Jack Sorrel is your man.
youtube.com/watch?v=UJZYBS_eeLY
Used his tutorials to hack my nu2dsxl and a friend's old 3ds, both work perfectly.

Nintendo handhelds have had quality control issues since the DS Lite.

Yea
I just need a new lcd since its fading and i dont know which trusted site i can buy from

Only chumps pay ebay prices

I think it looks fine except around the hinges. I think you used way too thick paint.

I still have 2 of them left. Neither of which are the backlight revision. One of them my dad just found on a road somewhere. It was all scratched up.

you painted over the lights on the side lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=O4UDNtsYBR8
This one is for the CFW. Don't worry about the firmware version, 11.9 doesn't change shit for CFW so 11.8 methods still work.

>have 4 gbas and 4 gamecube cables
>0 friends to play four swords with

Attached: 1546485143796.jpg (960x960, 115K)

considering getting one of these with a flash cart how good is it

I pay a prostitute to suck my cock while I do it so no one thinks I'm a loser

Whose side were you on as a kid?

Attached: 1549505718815.jpg (2590x4061, 1.27M)

I like it a lot, just go into it knowing that it's a bit cramped. It's easily the smallest way to reasonably play good games on the go though.

Do you play with the upper screen pushed to the very back like a retarded caveman, or do you play with it slightly tilted towards you like normal people do?
The former breaks the hinges about 80% of the time after some time.

No, I broke it and threw it in a field.

Had Win3.1 and SNES emulators, but also a PSX, NGC, GBA and DS.

I play it slightly tilted towards me, i never push it all the way back.

Here's the one I have had since I was a kid. I recently picked up Mario Advance 1. Yes, those fugly little specks have been inside the screen since I don't know.

Attached: 20190310_224129[1].jpg (4160x2340, 2.17M)

Do you have any suggestions of better paint to use? I've never done any spray painting before this so I was just kind of guessing on shit

Fucking right? Didn't notice it until the second coat and then decided this was going to be a test shell for another attempt

Yeah, still got mine

Works fine, though the sound can completely cut out if you press too hard in the center. Too bad they never had a headphone jack.

Attached: IMG_0367.jpg (2448x3264, 2.1M)

Yeah then it's pretty much a straight-up faulty model.
Did you get it around release time?

i wish i had kept mine, it was the best design nintendo ever made.

no but I have a micro and a backlit GBA instead.

Reshelled my one ags101 and reshelling my second one soon.

Got two ags 101s and a 2ds XL. Comfy max.

The Gameboy Micro feels like the biggest meme on the planet. Smaller screen. No GB to GBC backward compatibility. It screams worse in every conceivable way, except for people who just want it as a fashion statement.

Early and core zoomer but I had both the PlayStation 1 and 2 and my first handheld was the gameboy advance sp

>hurr durr what is flash save

The middle column is inarguably the peak of video games

I have the NES one, a silver one, and a black one. Whenever I see them at the thrift store it's an insta-buy, each of them only cost me like 20 bucks save dor the NES one which I got on release.

I did get my original 3ds xl a couple months after the xl was released i believe, the second i have was one a friend gave me, he barely used it.

Maybe i just have bad luck with 3ds's since my DS lite i've had for over a decade and it works perfectly fine.

>upper screen pushed to the very back
I never understood why people did it. It obviously wasn't meant to be done, as it took some force to get it back that far, and it's an objectively worse viewing angle.
Some people just like breaking shit I guess.

twinsies
you can always just order the adapter and then forget about it until it arrives, just 97 cents, shipping included from aliexpress
currently waiting for a bootleg copy of mother 3 to arrive, I have to play it on this because the rythm battle system doesn't work properly on an emulator. not to mention a tri star screwdriver so I can open this up and repair the faulty power switch

Attached: IMG_20190310_235634.jpg (2000x4000, 3.01M)

youtube.com/watch?v=7tPRAhZHAmA

Fuck yes. Recently swapped out the battery and works like a charm. I've been meaning to get FireRed and Boktai for a while.

I really hope to have that fucker around when I'm an old fart.

used to have a blue one but gave it aeay, years later a friend of mine gave me a silver one

My prime gaming years pretty much ran though DOS Shell through to late PS2.

We did have an Atari 2600 when I was really little though. Don't know what happened to the console itself, but I still have the games and controllers.

Sure do

Someone tell me what the Go To GBA flashcarts are these days
something that sits flush and wont protrude out from my SP or Micro

Got the strongest urge to play some Wario Ware now

EZ-Flash Omega

Where the FUCK do you buy new faceplates?
The 2 that came with mine, one got scuffed super fast, the other was the wrong colour and looked like ass

Nintendo warehouses ran out of faceplates super fucking fast once the DS started rolling

I don't know either. It's honestly something a toddler with short arms and a huge head would do because it's physically uncomfortable for them to play in any other way and they simply don't know better.
Don't know why grown-ass dumbfucks would do that.

Just the loud "clack" sound it makes when you do that should be an obvious fucking warning that you're slowly fucking something up.

if you have a tri-wing you can probably just open it up and clean up the leads on the speaker. I bet you probably just spilled some liquid on it some time and the leads need to be cleaned. Might as well give it all a good cleaning and replace the battery while you're at it

No games or charger but its probably the only thing I still have from before I was ten. I don't feel like selling it on eBay even for silly AGS 101 cash.

Attached: IMG_20190108_110551.jpg (1944x2592, 1.46M)

reccomend me some obscure gameboy (advance) games

Have you heard of a little hidden gem called Pokemon Emerald?

no please enlighten me

I've recently started playing with it and playing pokemon red

You travel around a fantastical world capturing and battling pokemon creatures

the gba library is fucking packed with shovelware shit, any time I read a hidden "gems" thread it's all garbage.

honestly
any time i go to a yard sale or a thrift store every gba game they have is just shovelware and an occasional pokemon game

nope, I was a poorfag who was only allowed one console at a time
whenever I wanted a newer one it meant trading in all my games/old console so I could afford the newer ones

Not really obscure, but Boktai and Drill Dozer are neat. I also recommend Donkey Kong on the original gameboy if you haven't played it. It's really fun!

Still have mine. Outer shell is scratched to shit, but still have Metroid ZM and Advanced Wars 2 that came with it when I got it back in 2004. Also have the charger, link cable and everything.

bit generations games: sound voyager, dial hex, and coloris
CT special forces are good contra/metal slug clones
drill dozer
hajime no ippo with translation patch
karnaaj rally
kuru kuru kururin & kururin paradise
max payne
ninja five-o
rhythm heaven
riviera the promised land
yggdra union

Doom 1 and 2 are pretty good ports.

Lord of the rings two towers & return of the king are somewhat-enjoyable diablo clones

Gib plox

You could just buy a purple replacement shell and a yellow one then mix them up.
I did that with gold and red with black buttons to make a little famicom controller themed one.
Spray painted stuff will never feel good in the hands, it feels sticky or rough and ultimately you won't have a good time.

A blue and red one, and a black micro.

yes and i keep it next to my bed in a drawer in my nightstand across multiple houses but i haven't used it in years

Yea but do you have the extreme green pocket, ignore the timestamp

Attached: 20190113_105048.jpg (4032x3024, 3.74M)

sexy pair of GBA pockets

I actually said that ds is better than sp, you illiterate son of a whore

FAMICON MICRO BROS WERE U AT

>tfw need to reinsert supercard micro sd like 20 times to get it to work

Attached: micro.jpg (1824x1536, 928K)

I wish I could be the kind of autist collector to have a stack of Gameboys sitting around like user

My video game dream is just to have one of every console and every game possible for it from Gen 5 and below.

You can do GBA games on the SNES mini, right?
I don't know what the good rom sites are anymore, Emu Paradise and Coolroms were my only sources. I lost my Snes, nes and GB Zip archives

Attached: 1430301545734.jpg (610x954, 143K)

No my bastard uncle sold it for crack, tricked me saying he will bring me a pokemon game if i gave it to him for a week.

You too can be an autistic collector if you spend every weekend checking out flea markets and shit for games

>left my 2 fat xbox controllers at my cousins house
>so we can always bro op
>he sold them for a dime bag of weed with his console
>now i have no controllers for mine

Attached: 1552180102088.png (467x471, 239K)

I enjoy buying a Nes game I never heard of if I come across it for like a few bucks sold by old women who don't know better
Its fun just giving something a crack you put down some bucks for and can likely sell for what you got it for

Id rather just have the comfort in knowing I have access to all of it on a flashdrive somewhere and can pull it out if a game ever catches my attention
Fuck knows nintendo never will

the problem with your statement is that you WILL at least play that unknown shitty NES cart for at least 20 mins

when you have access to infinite games by a flash card you never play anything

Attached: 1552118939697.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

I never had a SP when I was little (only had a GBA) but I bought one fairly recently for 40€. It's cover is a little scratched, but that doesn't bother me considering replacement shells are plentiful on eBay.

Attached: gameboy-advance-konsole-gba-sp-rosa-pink-netzteil.jpg (800x800, 66K)

Yeah I know
I still play physical copies of things even after I played them emulated
Its for archival purposes above all else, before getting roms gets any more difficult in this country than it already is

Nah

Yes, a red one just like that. I still play yugioh on it sometimes. Only thing with it is its battery light will flash red and become red even when I just charged it. It holds charge fine but the battery light lies to me in these later years.