Days Gone: We've Finally Seen the Sum of its Parts

archive.is/raBCP

>Days Gone makes some interesting choices that kept my play session engaging, and the sections of its story that I experienced piqued my interest enough that I was legitimately frustrated that I couldn’t continue playing at the end of the demo. While I’ll admit that I initially rolled my eyes at yet another Gruff White Male Protagonist™ in a grim world - especially one with such a Gruff White Male Protagonist™-ey name as Deacon St. John - I ended up getting far more invested than I’d initially expected. I shouldn’t be surprised, I suppose - this is a first-party Sony title, and Bend is no stranger to writing around well-developed characters and games with a strong narrative focus, either.
>While I’ll admit that I initially rolled my eyes at yet another Gruff White Male Protagonist™ in a grim world

What did he mean by this?

Attached: days gone.jpg (890x800, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/MD24WzFa7qLSxVlVFU8hwQ/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he probably means its a video game with a gruff white dude in the Apocalypse.

like most of them

god bikers are such fags, what a waste of money.

>t. stepdad is a boomer biker that fucks his mom very loudly

We had this thread before, no?

who gives a shit what some cuckold thinks about a game? play it yourself or wait for Yea Forums to.

As a non-white, that's racist as fuck imagine if the line had read:
>I rolled my eyes at another Bland Orphan-Turned-Renegade-Soldier Black Protagonist
Honestly at lot of non-white people are conservative as fuck and this SJW bullshit scares us because it's a tool that once made common place can be turned on anybody. Social communism

>white male protagonist
Yea, hard pass for me. Stop shilling this regressive nonsense.

>Social communism
Next thing you're gonna say is Social Marxism

Attached: 1513666909785.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

>What did he mean by this?
when all protagonist Friendly Black Transgender™ in colorful world, no roll eye

gee I wonder how the next 200 replies will be

it means white people are slowly going to be systematically annihilated from existence because they had standards and didn't play nice with the other wage slaves who dont

gruff white males
aka
the only people that will survive during an apocalypse

meanwhile TLOU is going to get 20/10 reviews

fucking drones

sad

why would you think this is going to be ANY percent good? holy fuck, i was shitting on this as soon as it popped up because it was bringing nothing new to the table.

>>Gruff White Male Protagonist™
Honestly, this is actually indicative that the protagonist himself doesn't have much character in the game. Say, like Alex Mason in Guerrilla. Could mean that the story in the game can be quite dull, since the character himself will have some shallow motivation to go through the game and any inner personality will be squashed because of plot

Attached: 1514863275452.png (224x279, 161K)

I initially rolled my eyes at yet another Strong Lesbian Female Protagonist™.

Several times, actually.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/MD24WzFa7qLSxVlVFU8hwQ/

>Game journalists are universally panning this game
Something's up.

Attached: 1551602936942.gif (397x286, 1.84M)

This means it's just a normal video game. No heavy left-wing agenda.

>Gruff White Male Protagonist™
How much internalised hatred do you have to have for you to think in such a way?

i've seen this happen a bunch of times recently where some autist will make a thread, repost it (sometimes multiple times) within a few hours and then do it again the next few days. at this point i'm starting to think it's actually one guy with a serious problem

i initially rolled my eyes at the FUCKING NIGGER protagonist

Attached: Lee_Everett.jpg (176x225, 8K)

It's literally marketing. The game has nothing else to talk about, so some retard thought that he had finally some "controversy" to start shilling this shit.

From the old E3 demo it looks kinda bland.

The media has decided to hate it because it has too many whites

The game is more true to it's setting than The Last of Us right now, but it doesn't seem like anything special. Just a generic zombie game.

>The game is more true to it's setting than The Last of Us

what does that even mean

>"Deacon St. John"
>gruff white male protagonist-y
Sounds like the name of the world's most blackest nigga to me desu.

>One guy
It's marketing. There's nothing else. This board is dead.

Yea Forums is infested with autistic shitposters.
I'd like to believe it's only a few people who just have a LOT of different copypastas they cycle through.

>Social Communism

Verbal Fascism

It's the actual zombie apocalypse, not lesbian smelling.

Isn't the writer a jew? They really do have a genetic hatred of Europeans. But 50 years of ideological brainwashing takes a toll, and whites still fail to get angry. Northern Europeans are the worst when it comes to this.

>bikers have to be heard to get to their orgasm.

That's what reviews will literally be like in 10 years when it's done to death though. The only video game I ever played that had a gruff white biker dude protag was Full Throttle so I can't imagine how many games this dumb shit played that had that, I think "reviewers" just play so few games they just confuse it with all the Netflix shit they watch to cleanse their palette since they secretly hate video games with a fiery passion.

IS THE FUCKING GAME GOOD OR NOT
DOES IT PLAY WELL
HOW DOES THE SHOOTING FEEL
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST PLEASE TALK ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY

Attached: 1549654355405.jpg (473x360, 33K)

no, he just wants to be heard, fucking your mom, busting up her back walls

It's cultural marxism, actually.
The cancer destroying the west.

>being white is a negative

spot the racist

let's be real though, he has got an extremely generic character design

Attached: Video Game Protagonists Brown Haired White Guys.jpg (900x1197, 158K)

>be white
>have a black name
anyone else?

Sounds like good MC.

Final boss is Sarah.
She caused the epidemic while researching plant hybrids and accidentally produced one where eaten will cause a person to turn into a freaker.
Nero needed her expertise and captured her to find a cure for the disease. Boozer turns out wasn't a bad guy nor did he betray Deacon, and ultimately sacrificed himself to save Deacon. Deacon found out that Sarah was the cause of the outbreak and indirectly was responsible for his best friend Boozer's death.

Faced with rage, he had to track and hunt down the person he once loved the most

almost none of these characters even act alike, have the same story, or would even make the same choices as each other you damn racist

Social Marxism...NANI!?

Naughty Dogs could literally take a dump on a blueray case and still get a 9/10

I'll go and say it, naught dogs games have shitty tier gameplay and the most generic stories

>I'll go and say it, naught dogs games have shitty tier gameplay and the most generic stories
Who fucking cares, it caters to the tastes and sensibilities of the right kinds of people, and it sells to a mass crowd. People really don't understand how successful this formula is. Horizon Zero Dawn has almost outsold Breath of the Wild, the best selling Zelda title and HZD is a new IP, God of War smashed past 10 mil, so did Uncharted 4, so did Spiderman, and The Last of Us is sitting at an insane 17 million, 3d Mario has never done this, Halo has never done this , Gears of War has never done this. Mountains of other series have never done this. Whether you like the gameplay or not is irrelevant, the formula is both commercially and critically successful and it achieves this well beyond most "major" and "milestone" titles and IPs.

they are conservative when it comes to private social endeavors like pumping out children and being anti homo.

but not where it matters most. immigration and overall voting.

really dude ? that the hill you choose to die on ?
as someone who actively despises the calitranny characters and doesnt want them in games i can definetly agree that western mc designs are extremelly generic and bland.