youtube.com/watch?v=dLu6IFPK6eQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oL6VUFkEDaY
youtube.com/watch?v=P6R040pxS_0
youtube.com/watch?v=mfxs17ZCC7U
youtube.com/watch?v=c7Bt-xyspRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but THIS was better!

Attached: galdi.gif (272x320, 885K)

If you needed an example on how overhype kills a game it's fnaf. Nothing particularly wrong with it if you look at it in a vacuum but when you see it how every game was made under 6 months and how everyone was so much into this glorified point and click game you start to wonder how anyone older than 12 would consider this a masterpiece

Desolate Hope was supposed to be Scott's big hit but that stupid fucking bear ruined everything

why did scott shit on the art style after 2?

Attached: f20.gif (320x180, 1.62M)

As far as concepts go it’s pretty decent. Not many games capitalize on the whole “animatronics are creepy” thing.

He designed the animatronics to be obviously scary and unrealistic, even though the uncanny appearance of the first game's bots was more effective

this, everything from 3 onward tried TOO hard to be scary and ended up failing as a result
hell, they were already leaning on this in 2 with the withered fellas

Attached: 1551753299061.png (910x728, 445K)

1 had the best atmosphere.
5 had the best gimmicks.
2 had the single best-designed animatronic.

I appreciated how Scott constantly undercut his own release dates by releasing his shit early.

I always thought the first couple games were pretty good. They weren't built to be jumpscare fests, they were built to give you serious anxiety every time something moved, and every time you had to look to go see if something moved. From three onwards they relied more on the jumpscares than the atmostphere and anxiety, and honestly became infinitely less spooky because of it.

The story kinda got away from me after 4, but I thought everything up to that point was good. I liked how purple guy got his comeuppance, I liked how the kids all got their closure in 3, and then 4 shows you who the kids were before they died, kind of implying by 3's good ending that the two brothers did eventually get back to each other.

But anyway WHAT'S IN THE FUCKING BOX, SCOTT.

Some of the characters in SL and PS were really good at hitting the uncanny valley of 1, but there was never as solid a line-up as the original four + Golden Freddy.

>From three onwards they relied more on the jumpscares than the atmostphere and anxiety, and honestly became infinitely less spooky because of it.
It's the shift from visuals+ sounds, IMO.
If you look at FNAF 1-3, they all have a good combination of those two elements in play. 2's clusterfuck arcade gameplay obscures it, but it still has some highlights like Balloon Boy getting in your office, or the agonizing wait for someone to leave.

The problem with 4 and SL, aside from the absolutely batshit storylines, is that they don't take the same "horror movie" approach and are instead structured primarily around avoiding jumpscares and dialogue exposition+minigames, respectively. You don't really have the same emphasis on"cinematography" or lighting as you do in 1-3, which made their characters more memorable. As you said, the atmosphere and anxiety suffer.

>scott has done nothing but fnaf for the last 5 years
>can't even say its completely about the money because the last two were free and he keeps giving away money to charity
what the fuck is he doing?

Attached: cyanide.jpg (504x470, 98K)

What very few people get to do.

Whatever the fuck he wants.

working on a movie, unironically

He's made enough money and wants to send off the FNAF franchise with a bang and plans to use all of his earnings to fund the sequel to Desolate Hope

>they were already leaning on this in 2 with the withered fellas

Same with the toy variants. Trying to be so colorful and friendly that they're weird.

Scott was literally going to quit after FNaF. Desolate Hope is good but people only bring it up strictly because FNAF got popular.

True, but I'm glad people finally got to uncover The Desolate Hope because of FNaF. I just think it needs to be recognized more, because it's one of the most aesthetically pleasing games I've had the pleasure of playing. I think a sequel could build off the tri-genre gameplay in a lot of interesting ways, moreso than the first, and the hefty amount of cash Scott earned with FNaF could bring it to all new heights. I'd love an original techno soundtrack for the fight scenes.

I would pay so much money for a movie, I love the concept of the whole thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=exipQ0ucU9o

You know as much as people talk shit about FNAF I'll always appreciate how much of a nice dude the creator seems to be and how killer animatronics get enjoyed by children and adults alike

At the very least Sister Location and PS went back to the creepy style 1 and 2 had. Then again, you can't really go much farther than where 4 took it, so might as well go back.

If anything the Toys were trying too hard to be cute that they overshot the "creepy" mark and were about as unnerving as Disneyland mascots.

>go to Gamestop
>see a fucking FNAF Monopoly board
>there's a weird "blacklight" line of toys as well, along with several other kinds of figures
This IP has a shocking amount of legs for something people assumed to be a fad.

Attached: 1476793738344.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

I agree the concept has the potential to make a good film. I believe it could be a genre-defining title but the best we'd probably get is a "Slenderman" tier horror flick.

Personally I'm hoping for something like a legit homage to 80s horror movies. Something similar to stuff like Gremlins.

not gonna lie it was a pretty big part of my childhood. everyone talked about it at school.

There's going to be a movie at Blumhouse.
The director did Pixels and Percy Jackson, but he also came up with the idea for Gremlins.

Attached: Tales Of The Fred Bear.jpg (1920x1080, 604K)

>my childhood
dear god what year is it

pretty mediocre bait

I thought it was locked in development hell, or maybe cancelled, since its been in production forever

are you like 14? wtf.

This has to he like 5 years old at this point, holy shit.

It was, but then Scott took it from Warner Bros and went to Blumhouse.
Definitely for the best. According to him they were pitching all sorts of dumb shit like "Plushies Take Manhattan", and the director for that one had a pretty bad track record.
Blumhouse being about creative freedom means that the movie will be, even if it's terrible, faithful to his vision.

I legitimately have no idea what this is.

I wonder what the first ever piece of FNAF fanart was.

Attached: 1530403387948.png (960x540, 324K)

The most famous FNAF fan song made.

youtube.com/watch?v=l18A5BOTlzE

>I was a 16 year old edgelord who discovered fnaf before it got incredibly popular

I’ve played every single game in the franchise thus far and lemme tell y’all Ultimate Custom night is by far the best gameplay wise with 3 a close second
1 for atmosphere

2 is the worst, 10/20 being literally impossible after the first patch without the dumbest luck is fucking awful.

Anyone here read any of the novels? They're rather interesting, especially with how they portray some of the robots like Circus Baby. This is how she looks in the novel she's in, and she can alter her appearance thanks to her shell being composed of hundreds of moving pieces.

Attached: tumblr_pbk6esUEs21vvpi0wo1_1280.png (891x1920, 1.98M)

It's amazing how people think that there's a deep lore behind this and Scott didn't just roll with the retarded fan theories to keep milking more money

Attached: 1538984908989.jpg (500x361, 22K)

The books suck, there's like a thousand pages between the three of them and only a hundred are actually about robots.
Guess that's what happens when you hire a high school drama teacher, but damn they're bad

All I can say is that some sperg was reading them in a class I was in. Got yelled at by the boomer teacher

2 > UCN > SL > PS > 1 > World > 3 > 4

Best Character: Springtrap

Games are all really good, but 4 can suck my dick. Even 3, I'd give a 7.5/10, but 4? fucking 0/10

Idk man, the kid made me sad as fuck. The little plushies too, goddamnit I feel so guilty for it, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Story wise it FUCKED the lore, pre-3 we had a good story, man kills kids, man hides in suit, man is burned, but 4 was like nah fuck you characters and shit

Also all the robots are just copied and pasted with teeth and rip marks

>Pizzeria Simulator is actually "FNAF 6"
>"FNAF 6" is sitting in an office while your dad crawls around in a vent while you unclog toilets
Really hope Scott retcons that one out and does a proper ending someday.

I just personality think the story ended at 3 and 4-7 are like, there?

I don’t remember how it fucked the lore, wasn’t it just about the bite? Either way, the lil kid getting bullied by his brother, and then having his plushies comfort him as his only friends. That shit hurts, fuck. What have I done? I shouldn’t play these games anymore

>all the robots are just copied and pasted
It's a recurring problem all the games after 1 have to a certain extent. Balloon Boy, Mangle, etc. are well designed characters, but most of the others are rehashes of older bots like "Black Freddy" or "Watermelon Chica".

It's frustrating because Scott hits on some really neat models when he comes up with new shit like Springtrap or Ballora, but the overall roster is saturated in recolors.

it had the whole 83' thing, when the bite was in 87', so there was now TWO BITES and the lore got fucky

Seriously this, I loved the Pizza Sim animatronics like Porkpatch b/c it wasn't "Golden/Black Freddy" 2 or whatever

Oh shit it was in 87, what the fuck I forgot about that. Maybe Scott was just high. And there was a black Freddie? Never played past 4

What happened was it added a second (chronologically first) bite into the lore that didn't really need to be there, while shoe-horning in an origin story for Golden Freddy that didn't really need to be told.
Over-explaining shit is a common problem in horror sequels and FNAF suffers significantly from it. A lot of things are creepier left unexplained.

Then the year after, he rewrites it into being about the serial killer's sons, one of whom is the protagonist of the fifth and sixth games. THEN there's a kerfluffle over whether or not the fourth game's gameplay segments were actually an experiment being conducted on kids, because the rooms in the fourth game are mapped out on a tablet.

Oh, and back at its release there was a possibility he was planning to retcon the first three games into being the kid's coma dream, though if he was he backed down from it.

All in all, it's not as egregious as some of the later games' twists like the reveal that the killer was an alcoholic australian vampire, but it's pretty dire and signals the narrative rot.

FNAF 4 had Nightmare Fredbear, the embodiment of Crying Child's fears and pain, as the only animatronic of Night 5. Nights 6 and beyond had his "recolor", simply named Nightmare, as the enemy from 4am to 6am, who's extremely difficult and evil.

Attached: bbacad30767f5a638f9de0974af90399d240c1e6_hq.jpg (1024x768, 38K)

Yep

Attached: ucntier.png (1665x810, 1.02M)

Hold on, the kid was the killers son? That makes no sense. But it might also be some MKpizza experiment shit too? Alcoholic Vampires too? What the fuck is this shit? I just felt bad for bullying my kid brother, fuck

>2 had the single best-designed animatronic.
And who may that be user? It's the slut chicken. I'm going to guess you're referring to the slutty chicken

That would almost be scary if they didn’t go overboard with the teeth

Nope. Don't gove a fuck about the Toys.
Marionette is best bot.

Does 3 have the worst jumpscares?

Probably something from the Yea Forums draw threads, people found it first here.

i'd say 1 and 3 do, but 3's cool b/c you can get jumped and not die

>slut chicken
When you run out of things to fap to and get desperate.

>142 million
Good lord.

Attached: 1474566144775.png (599x457, 271K)

You'll have to read up on it to fully understand, but yes, William Afton aka Purple Man aka the murderer had three kids: Crying Child, Elizabeth, and Michael. Crying Child died in 4, Elizabeth was killed by Circus Baby prior to Sister Location, and Michael is the protagonist of SL and Pizza Simulator.

>5 had the single best-designed animatronic.
FTFY.

Attached: 1489580666392.jpg (3508x2296, 1.58M)

Fuck. How does one ruin such a simple story?

Ok. Just making sure. Also, based taste.

Yea Forums has gone (and will continue until the end of the universe) lower than pic related when it comes to charaters to fap to.
This is a fact.

Attached: 6EF66DDE-2C93-425E-A488-EFE05943F2B8.gif (500x540, 763K)

great concept, terrible execution and fanbase

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Honestly, it's not that bad. And in the end everyone dies in cleansing flame anyway.

FNaF was a really good concept ruined by Cawthon's hubris. Later installments while improving the difficulty and general scope failed to really capture the spookiness of the original. With a solid team behind it, the concept of FNaF could've been really cool and could've gone to it's full potential. Also would've been neat to see it on other systems like the 3DS and Wii U since the second screen would've actually contributed a lot to the game.

>concept literally made for VR
>this hasn't been made

this guy is famous already from making MLP songs

I'm glad Scott began hiring people to do the soundtracks of the games after 4, we got some awesome tunes from them.

youtube.com/watch?v=edfWix8GA0Q&t

Attached: Porkpatch.gif (400x425, 533K)

Reminder that jumpscare games are not good at all

In your personal opinion.

idiot their making a VR game

>the wii u literally had a game all about managing cameras from a static location
>it didn't get FNaF

Attached: SFG_Boxart.jpg (577x823, 142K)

Not really that's a fact; jumpscares ruined horror.

>my opinion is fact!
Nyet.

I'm way too old for this board.

You know, this thread reminds me of the time I was playing chess with my good friend Orville.

Attached: 1530403441429.jpg (1366x768, 102K)

It's a well known fact that jumpscares ruined horror. Where do you think the "how do we fix the horror genre" meme came from?

The fuck, are you 12? When did this shit even come out?

>FNaF 1 was 5 years ago

Attached: 9yPHHKe.png (296x290, 141K)

1 and 2 were great. 3 would've been a fantastic sendoff if they made the killer in a Golden Freddy suit than create Springtrap. Up to that point the animatronic amount and relationships made sense and was overall manageable. Original restaurant with implications Bite of 87 happened at the end of the week (2), forced into shitty new locale as the business dies off from the bad reputation (1), then Fazbear Fright with the killer coming back to haunt (3).

Absolutely based
>first one to try for creepy-lewd
>not an OC recolor
>doesn't have too much stupid lore

Attached: FNAFSL_Ballora_Main_Menu.png (960x720, 297K)

>jumpscares ruined horror
This is pretty stupid. Their overuse doesn't do a game or movie any favors, but they're often the climax to the build up of suspense. I can think of many, MANY well executed jumpscares that justify themselves far better than "Edgy Cartoon Character Game" presents an argument for their exclusion.

Shame that the backstory planned for her wasn't used and she got trashed along with Funtime Foxy in Pizza Simulator. Least she got to shine again in UCN.

Attached: 1481177593064.jpg (750x638, 217K)

I'd wager she was supposed to have a bigger role earlier on in SL's dev cycle, but the game got cut down at some point, which is why it's mostly just Circus Baby talking.
What do you mean about "planned backstory", though?

Attached: Zero.jpg (640x256, 59K)

Meh, original design was better.

Her VA confirmed that Ballora had more lines than what was used in SL, and the dialogue from Baby indicated Ballora was more than she appeared as well, plus her reluctance to go with Baby's plan to escape.

Baby has many faces.

Attached: tumblr_phoifnj0GT1vvpi0wo2_1280.png.jpg (1280x1521, 299K)

>Jump Scare: the game
>It was pretty good
Are you on drugs user?

I remember when Yea Forums liked the game when it first came out and for a while afterward. Now we have all these newfags who think Yea Forums has always despised FNAF since day one.

That probably would've been a nightmare to port, to be fair.

Same goes for Minecraft, or most games that end up exploding in popularity. The only example otherwise I can think of is Fortnite.

I remember people shitposting about it killing PUBG before it came out.

The best thing to come out of the FNAF general.

Attached: 02b67f1a057eea0fcbb0e19d978d0d18ae5df4b9.png (1025x734, 401K)

picosong.com/2gaa is a classic, and so good literally every video of Purple getting Springtrapped on the internet will use the audio from it.

Attached: 1eb883dd90a7b9d08a0c195a7b4337f35f897bc8.png (1303x1140, 475K)

>tfw watching the guy complete 40/20
Like holy shit, the RNG is bad enough but everything else is stressful as fuck.

Attached: Bugs.jpg (500x552, 83K)

It is a pretty decent management sim with a twist. The constant sequels and MUH LORE completely ruined everything about it.

Wait shit it's even worse, it's actually 50/20... wait no, 52/20 because of the shadow fuckers.

You mean 58-60/20, there's the several additional animatronics Deedee can summon.

SL > 3 > 1 > World

The rest suck gameplay wise, but I still stick to the lore. I think he should stick to the strategy element and make future entries longer.

We're getting a VR game, a AAA game and his own personal entry soon, so I'm hping he has realized that the gameplay is what makes it

What exactly happened with the movie?

Is it actually 10 more she can summon? The fucking bitch. I hated her for my attempts at lower shit let alone 50/20

Attached: HOW UNFORTUNATE.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

We might be getting that new game sooner than we thought, if he's already hiring voice actors for something. At a whopping seven minutes of monologue, too.
>Journalist Reading Blog-This is actually a bit more than what it sounds like, but we'll stick with this title. In this role, you'll be reading the development log of a failed project, in hopes that whoever hears your recording will be able to succeed where you failed. It should be read without too much emotion, but with hints of anxiety, frustration, as well as a grave seriousness. It's imperative that the person who hears you, listens.

You mean teenage years? Childhood?

It might just be the VR game, that's confirmed to be soon.

Still happening, which worries me because it will most likely suck and damage the IP forever

Attached: qtrkburkmyj21.png (1081x272, 101K)

Probably, though "failed project" doesn't really match any of the animatronics in the games.
The VR game sounds more like an enhanced version of the maintenance parts of SL, expanded to include different characters and eras.

She can summon 6 more characters, making it 56 total.

vg247.com/2018/07/10/ultimate-custom-night-controls-roster/

I wouldn't mind an actual expansion to the pizzeria management from Pizzeria Simulator, it was pretty fun.

Little pink bitch.

Attached: 20171209160236_1.jpg (1920x1080, 308K)

Link pls

1 was the best cause it kept it simple.
Can't really blame Scott for printing money but everything past 1 is a cluttered and jumbled mess of furry OC's and midichlorians

I can't remember who was first, so I'll just go with this one
youtube.com/watch?v=dLu6IFPK6eQ

Once they figured out to deathcoin Funtime Foxy everything started to fall into place.

I've always admired these sorts of autistic ventures.

First person to beat it- youtube.com/watch?v=oL6VUFkEDaY

Trolling the shit out of Matpat

I really want to know his workflow for creating models because the animatronic ones render so beautifully.

1 lore
>spooky robots murder the people hired to watch them after five children went missing years ago
6 lore
>the CEO of a company builds, advertises, and staffs a fake restaurant in order to lure in an australian vampire, the australian vampire's womanchild daughter, a robot skinwalker, and an autistic puppet obsessed with situps who happens to be the CEO's daughter, only for them to find out it's actually a giant furnace as he murder-suicides them, himself, and the vampire's son, who happens to be a walking, talking, piece of skin that's survived the past thirty years

What in the dick is going on?

Micromanaging 56~ish mechanics and hoping RNG doesn't fuck you over.

First One to Complete 50/20 mode
youtube.com/watch?v=oL6VUFkEDaY

youtube.com/watch?v=P6R040pxS_0
>try and figure this one out you child swindeling shit - Scott

Attached: fuck matts and fuck patts.jpg (859x800, 68K)

50/20 Mode Complete - No Death Coin, No Power-Ups
youtube.com/watch?v=mfxs17ZCC7U

>youtube.com/watch?v=c7Bt-xyspRE
What did she mean by this?

I just remember the first piece of Foxy porn being posted in the 3rd or 4th thread about the game, and thought it was all going downhill from there

Scott did the opposite. He rolled against the fan theories, infuriating Game Theory every time by saying "Sorry, that's not it :)" whenever the faggot that runs that channel posted a video about FNAF "theories".

Scott still structured the story with the knowledge people would make bizarrely involved theories. The later games become convoluted in their lore because of this; Scott's trying to outsmart the community.

Do you think the kids who grew up with FnaF will grow into good men and women by following Scott's example?

Nah, they're going to grow up into diaperfurs.

probably not.
the actual games and book(s?) are a the tiniest sliver of the collective fnaf content and most of that is degenerate in some shape or form and if that was the thing that proved to be world shaping to those kids then there is a big chance they're stupid to begin with.

This is true. Purple guy was some retarded fan theory bullshit, then it was inserted in the second game. I find it funny how the fans basically ruined all the future games with their terrible ideas and his willingness to listen to them.

I liked the atmosphere of the first, still gets me. The sound of foxy humming through the building is easily one of my favorite sounds in video games. The sounds of the cameras rotating in the cams is also a very nice sound. Reminds me of the things I would be scared of as a kid. Just random traumatizing bullshit fueled by the way your little brain perceives things in your small world.

The fourth has the second best atmosphere.

FUCK.

Attached: 1435684889924.gif (400x300, 2.28M)