The Answer:

Is it worth playing? Just got done with The Journey and I loved it, but I'm hearing mixed things about it.

Attached: The answer.jpg (800x640, 221K)

The aesthetics are god tier and you get to control best girl but the gameplay i worse.

Dont feel obligated to play it, its really just lackluster imo

Avoid at all costs.

It's alright. It's mostly combat since there's no calendar for The Answer, but it doesn't have a compendium, fusion XP bonus since no S.Links, and no fusion spells. You can play through it if you want some more story to clarify the ending of The Journey, but otherwise it's somewhat lackluster.

If you want more persona 3, play the female route in p3p. Major certain plots are altered and new social links are added.

I think it's worth playing (at least) a single time. If you really hate it, then just skip it on replays of P3. But play through it once

its 40 hours long with 35 hours of grinding, just watch the cutscenes on youtube

I played it until I lost interest. I'll say its certainly worth starting.

>Is it worth playing?

You have the kill Yukari and all your other friends.
Finally some SMT.

Yes it is, Yukari developments is unironically good

This desu, I finished it and don't really have any memory of it beyond the first bit when you get to see everyone react to the end of the journey.

I just watched a playthrough.

You can't save him you toaster. Door Kun is fucked.

I'll tell you what Yea Forums told me when I first started playing it: No.

I enjoyed it enough to give it a few playthroughs. I think people avoid it because it has absolutely no slice-of-life or dating sim elements in in, which I'm sure is what most Persona fans wanted. It's heavily focused on dungeon crawling with story elements sprinkled in. It feels much closer to older SMT design than it does to newer Persona entries. Despite the short amount of story segments, there's a good chunk of character development still packed in. You also get to beat up a mutant Catdog, which is always a plus because fuck that horrible thing.

Attached: 1522475574823.gif (369x269, 39K)

>it has absolutely no slice-of-life or dating sim elements in in, which I'm sure is what most Persona fans wanted
Based on what exactly?

You really shouldn't stay away from it. If you won't at least let the Journey simmer in your mind for a few weeks until the Answer colors it all wrong. Especially the characters. It feels like fanfictiony, forcible continuation just for the excuse to make a game.

I eventually got into the mindset to greatly enjoy it, but I play RPGs in large part for the gameplay, so your milage may vary.

Shit. I meant: "You really should stay away from it." I should stop editing my posts at the last minute.

It's basically all grinding with two kino boss fights. The story's actually good so just watch the cutscenes on YouTube.

NO! For the love of god DON"T PLAY THE ANSWER! It's a pile of dog shit. Everyone turns retarded and is basically a character assassination. All it is is grinding and really retarded plot that harms the beautiful ending of the journey. Anyone that tells you otherwise is insane.

Attached: a62a6b94d766de881388b3f5ee21ded831cb5d80.jpg (2032x1648, 307K)

Yes. The plot isn't very good, but it has better enemy/boss design than The Journey.

>beautiful ending
user, it was made because the fans were too fucking stupid to piece to figure out what the story meant by "door-kun close his eyes".