"Remastered"

>"Remastered"
>All the changes except 1 are either things that make the game objectively worse or were mods in the PC version for years
>Completely removed that previous PC version from stores when no other game that gets a re-release does that

why?

Attached: remaster.jpg (1600x800, 336K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/darksoulsremastered/mods/123?tab=description
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DEmastered.

Should've give it DS3 combat and replaced some bosses and areas.

Because Bamco are terrible fucking publishers.

Metro 2033 redux did it

I thought it was fine but I'm not a faggot ass video game nerd who pores over every release looking for something to be upset about.

> I'm not a faggot ass video game nerd
> Posts on Yea Forums

ok kid

It's just DaS with DSFix and a couple of shaders. It's garbage.
Also DSFix DaS is better because you can toggle fps for physics problem areas, like anywhere you have to jump or weird geometry.
I literally softlocked my game because I went to Ash Lake before getting bonfire teleports and couldn't get back up the tree because the port was so shoddy that 60fps physics prevented me from running past a bit of the tree.
it was nice to play with summons and invasions, though, while it lasted

>it was nice to play with summons and invasions
this is the main thing that remastered fucks up though. DS3 weapon matchmaking in a game that's not designed for it at all (if you get a random black knight weapon or pick up the lightning spear in sens you automatically are booted into a much higher level tier than you should be and wont likely match with anyone), phantoms being able to use estus and changes to how invaders spawn means that multiple areas are just going to end up with an invader spawning in a gangbang of a half dozen people before they can even do anything, they changed the blue eye orb but instead of fixing the fucking thing they actually made it even less likely to get used because you can't bully people much lower level than you

just a bunch of shit that makes it worse because they didn't think at all beyond "make it like dark souls 3"

I absolutely agree. The matchmaking in dsr was fucking atrocious, and was only playable few maybe a couple weeks after launch where the sheer quantity of people playing made it work. Once the numbers trickled down it became apparent how badly they fucked it up.
to be honest I'd forgotten about that aspect and now I'm just angry again. It was a lazy remaster at best but that was fucking insulting. Actually worse than Soul Memory, and that takes some doing

but they released 2033 for free

You are delusional if you think those mods that contain dozens of glitches and bugs do a better job than this remastered.

It's a remastered, not a remake you fucking ignorant cunt.

I’ve only played the remastered version and not the original. What did I miss?

>Completely removed that previous PC version from stores when no other game that gets a re-release does that
Skyrim did it

Shouldve just announced it as a switch port and not fucked with any of the other platforms
Ds1 was an extremely good game for the price of like 5 dollars, now you have to pay 40 dollars for a game like 8 years old
I guess they just did it for money, theres really no other reason

DSFix does though. Every single glitch it causes is solved by toggling FPS.
In remastered there's no way to solve the glitches it causes, like literally anything to do with physics.

Shitty frame rate that poops the bed at places like blight town and forced 30fps.

So nothing.

Those mean the same thing sweaty

>Literally doesnt understand why people are upset
>instead of not being a retard and figuring it out, pretend there are no problems
You must be American.

Well I always skip bliggtown anyways so yeah I didn’t miss anything

When the new armor textures are so shitty people are modding back in the old ones. nexusmods.com/darksoulsremastered/mods/123?tab=description

Is dsr 60 fps on consoles too or just pc?
I thought it was at 30

>DS3 combat
>adding in the worst combat in the series

Here is my ideal Dark Souls:

>defeating Seath grants you a ring that allows you teleport to any bonfire in the game instead of just teleporting to specific bonfires
>gold pine resin is never dropped by mushroom people, thus making it an important item that can be only obtained a couple of times during a playthrough
>after obtaining the Lord Vessel, the hollows from Undead Burg are changed to more competent and though enemies, this effect doesn't happen if the player somehow skipped the whole area

Thoughts?

gay

It should have been a remake then.
DS3 has better combat that DS1
>Multi directional dodging
>Weapon arts
>Poise doesn't trivialize the game

Did you play on a console or have you never heard of dsfix?

Sounds fine but it doesn't really improve the game all that much.