Why no good Vietnam games?

There's lots of interesting stories/battles that came from it.

>The photograph depicts United States Air Force Lt Col Robert L. Stirm being reunited with his family, after spending more than five years in captivity as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam.

>Despite outward appearances, the reunion was an unhappy one for Stirm. Three days before he arrived in the United States, the same day he was released from captivity, Stirm received a Dear John letter from his wife Loretta informing him that their marriage was over. Stirm later learned that Loretta had been with other men throughout his captivity, receiving marriage proposals from three of them. In 1974, the Stirms divorced and Loretta remarried, but Lt Col Stirm was still ordered by the courts to provide her with 43% of his military retirement pay once he retired from the Air Force. Stirm was later promoted to full Colonel and retired from the Air Force in 1977.

Attached: stirm 2.jpg (2560x2060, 412K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/2/14/14612286/apocalypse-now-video-game-kickstarter-killspace-problems
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Black Ops had a great campaign that touched on the Vietnam War.

Rising Storm 2 but that's purely a realism-lite team bamed MP shooter

Attached: rs29.png (517x663, 746K)

wonder how much teenage vietkong pussy he slammed over there

The war was a waste of time to be in for the US. Prove me wrong.

>posting this thread constantly
>not having a comeback when I post Battlefield Vietnam

Attached: bd8.png (588x427, 230K)

>After Robert Stirm’s return, his wife of nearly 20 years managed to capitalize on their subsequent divorce. Loretta was given custody of two of their four children, the family home, and nearly half of Stirm’s pension. At the time, Stirm remarked: “It’s not fair. It’s just not. I’m the one that lives with all the aches and pains from my imprisonment, but she continues to get paid.” That certainly makes the fact that Loretta is there in the photograph, smiling wide at her then-husband, all the more painful. Even his children had trouble with his return.

>His daughter, Lorrie, was quoted as saying: “So much had happened—there was so much that my dad missed out on—and it took a while to let him back into our lives and accept his authority.”

A dead game you mean

imagine having all those vietcong lolis at your disposal bros?
wwyd with brown jungle cunny?

>battlefield Vietnam
Doesn't count its multiplayer and therefore soulless. You can't have any internal dramatic emotion in a multiplayer game.

RS Vietnam is jungle kino

>being american
not even once

>vietnam games

one time i was playing Insurgency (the first one) and the server was playing a custom map that was basically a bunch of vietcong tunnels, labrynthine, pitch black darkness, we had to use night vision or rely on the flashes of gunfire. it was a very simple map, mostly just pathways cut out of the ground with a few boxes here and there but holy shit it was one of the most intense rounds of a shooter i ever played. ever since then i've tried finding another game to recreate that one round experience, but nothing comes close. weird thing is, i was like the only guy on the server who enjoyed the map, everyone else was complaining for admin to skip it. something terrifying about being in pitch black tunnels in enemy territory. like in Sicario the film, the tunnel scene in that is fantastic as well. tunnels are scary.

Attached: 7db1d469df27aa8f9148ba483e88bda8.jpg (1790x2150, 695K)

There's a night map in RS2 that is fucking intense

I've seen this exact same post like 10 times now.

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

There's no way to make it in good optics.

In war games you generally play as the people who are supposed to be the 'good guys'. If you play as the Americans, torching villages and dumping gallons of herbicides on innocent people then people would think the game is tacitly approving what the US did. If you play as the Viet-kong, killing Americans, setting up horrible booby traps, and torturing POWs, well I don't have to explain why that looks bad.

Attached: 1535130040524.gif (640x480, 289K)

What happened to the Apocalypse Now game?

Got Sneeded

>Apocalypse Now game
theverge.com/2017/2/14/14612286/apocalypse-now-video-game-kickstarter-killspace-problems

no kickstarter funding, no interest there i guess. what would that game even be? rail shooter on a boat? forget the boat and butcher the story, having the whole thing be on foot instead? press X to take acid

>internal dramatic emotion
LOL fag

Attached: 1528802897948.jpg (1451x1645, 343K)

There are plenty of games, movies and books with immoral protagonists, shouldn't be a problem

FC5 Vietnam expansion

V I E T C O N G
I
E
T
C
O
N
G

>be a (((american))) soldier
>get cucked
yes goy you're a hero keep fighting

rising storm 2 nigga

Because the US didn't win that one.

M*A*S*H. The story is technically about the Korean War, but the subtext was always about Vietnam throughout the film's production and release.

My opinion of this story will change drastically depending on whether he was drafted or if he volunteered.