Sell me on this game

Sell me on this game
Is it worth it without mods since I'd get it on the Switch?

I tried Animal Crossing before on the DS and wasn't a fan

Attached: Stardew Valley.jpg (600x600, 161K)

>Is it worth it without mods
yes, there still isn't a mod that lets you marry best girl Caroline so you're fine playing vanilla

I enjoyed harvest moon (n64) enough to play it once, dunno if i'll play this and drop it after a few hours

no it's pretty bland if you've played any of the good harvest moon games or rune factory games
just wait for RF4S

yes, it takes everything good from all harvest moon series and jam packs it into a single game. multiplayer is also great

its a good pick up for switch, able to jump in and out at any time is great and its a hugely comfy game

So it won't end up like minecraft where after a few hours I've done everything?

Handheld Stardew Valley alone is worth the price. If it's your first time playing, don't use wikis or guides or any of that. Just explore and enjoy the game. I almost wish a handheld version was my first time with the game. Would have been a great first-time experience to play in bed, late into the night, with a nice cup of tea and the lights dimmed.

And now you're /comfy/

Sell me this game's mods. Are there anything worth? That adds new stuff and not redesign plot of farm and reskins?

I just wish a post end-game, after i got in year 2 married i was so wealth that nothing seemed worth anymore. The magnifying glass was cool but only on winter and now i have no more secrets.

>hur dur buy this worthless building for 1 milions shekels
>look this staff that let you teleport everwhere for godizilion shekels

Braindead endgame shit.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (465x700, 42K)

But minecraft has the limit of your autism. You just need to have a big project and not get bored by.

Yeah but I'm not creative.
At least with something like SV, I can set goals.
Minecraft was more "beat last boss in a few hours, have fun now" which doesn't appeal to me.
I have the same problem with Dwarf Fortress. But Factorio got me maybe 500 hours

You simply cannot "do everything" in a few hours. It takes a few full seasons of gameplay. If you go into the game blind without looking every optimization up, without looking up precisely what you should do to zerg through the game... you get a lot of value out of just enjoying the game, user.

Minecraft suffers from many esoteric systems that one MUST look up in order to play and utilize.

You can easily figure out everything you want in Stardew Valley just by playing the game. The first few seasons may require some experimentation, but after that the user develops some savviness.

Can I screw anything up at all? Like, is there a time limit to the game so it might be that after 5 years I'm locked out of stuff?

no

No, you need to mods to reduce the grind for upgrading tools since it's retardedly expensive and time-consuming. It takes roughly 40 in-game days to fully upgrade all tools, costs ~200,000 gold, you still have to provide the ores to make it, and to top it all off you can't use any tools (even your old one) while they're being upgraded. Oh and the blacksmith who upgrades them lives on the far edge of town and closes early. Just an obnoxious excuse to slow down the game.

Attached: nice guy.png (1424x1054, 243K)

the one thing you can miss is the recipes, make sure to watch the tv every day. they only come up once every 2 in game years

Yes but it only takes a single experience of this to learn how to properly plan when to drop off a tool for upgrade, and what resources you'll need.

When I played SD for the first time I just wrote down tasks and what was needed for each on pen and paper.

You're just an inpatient zoomer.

>I tried Animal Crossing before on the DS and wasn't a fan

Stardew Valley is very different to Animal Crossing. It's much more structured and has actual progression.

I cuck this bastard, but mate.
GRIND IS STARDEW VALLEY. The game is a grind, just like Harvest moon. And why are you so autistic to get endgame tools, until you have access to the skull cavern you must played at least some 10 hours.

That sounds good for me since I'll play it on Switch at work while watching netflix

thank you I'll keep that in mind
That's what I'm hoping. I like grinding, I've put in over 800 hours across the Disgaea series.

Just wait for the new Story of Seasons if you want a farming game on the Switch.

Grind is shit when it doesn't make sense. Why would you pay a blacksmith that much, provide all the materials, and still give him your old tool? "Please coat my copper hoe in it's third layer with Iridium". Literally just gimping and slowing down the player for no reason.

I'll get that too possibly but it's not out yet and I have about $1000 to spend on games and I have a lot of free time at work

OP here
I think your complaint is kinda dumb.
These types of games are usually pretty grindy.

Like, that's the entire gameplay.

Yeah i have a ton of hours on switch, gf has like 300 hours stardew.
I really recommend it and I don't even normally play games like that.
Easily my most played game on switch

Are you running low on money? Why you keep plant shitty crops and fucking selling trash you found on the field? Make a business strategy

OP here, how is the autism in the game?
Are we talking full on spreadsheets or "this crop makes the most, just plant it"

It's ok. Only writing and character artwork get in the way. As a lot of anons pointed out the grind is a bit stupid, but I didn't mind it. At leisurely pace you should be able to get enough out of the game in 1.5-2 years worth and maybe just continue playing for one more in-game year just for the kicks, which will roughly amount to at least 50 hours of playtime.

you can be as autistic or lazy as you want.

One of the only things SV has over other farming games is mods.

The Anthro Characters mod is fun for certain characters.