Can we have an MMO thread without FF14, WoW, and GW? If so, what MMO have you play, or so obscure that only you play it?

Can we have an MMO thread without FF14, WoW, and GW? If so, what MMO have you play, or so obscure that only you play it?

Attached: Tera Elin.jpg (530x302, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W33qXbCO75Q
twitter.com/MadoXIV/status/1080744628536655873
mabinogi.ir
youtu.be/ATXBxEH7F6M
rpgwo.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_and_sorcery
everquest.com/register
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw no good MMO to play

Attached: 1550210023696.jpg (640x632, 208K)

OSRS
play it today
mobile
laptop
PC
good for all yes

**THIS IS A SHILL POST**
**THIS IS A SHILL POST**
**THIS IS A SHILL POST**

I love cute user!

Elin thread, post elins.

Attached: whiteb.jpg (2312x3000, 498K)

Why do you still play mmo's? They are soulless by design, and literally designed to waste your time. They are not good videogames.

>Can we have an MMO thread without FF14, WoW, and GW?
No.

Attached: Dnn7T5PUcAEkl4W.jpg (1200x626, 115K)

>literally designed to waste your time

Unlike the games you play, designed to make you a better person and more skilled at...something.

I hate this

Tell me /v what us your actual non-meme opinion on mmos with "child" races and the people who play them? Nothing but cringe shit imo

Attached: 894F77B2-7F81-4A0B-ADBA-1328637C2600-939-0000024808BC1869.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

your game is shit

The only mmo worth looking forward to on the horizon is a:ir.

Attached: ascent-infinite-realm-preview.jpg (1920x1200, 730K)

That every game ever, user. Unless the game has a modding scene, online rooms, or high replayability, they end up dead and never touch again. With private server popping up and more mmo going F2P, why pay to play an RPG when MMO does RPG and let you keep playing after you "beat" it?

Then stop using them LOL

that's what the diaper is for

Fuck, this trend of baiting 4chanX users is getting annoying

looks too fancy to actually be good

Its also on unreal 3

Is that Bluehole's new game?

beta TERA was best TERA

That's a mod or something, right? They didn't actually add a diaper clothing item, did they?

Played Secret World Legends for a wee bit when it was first released. Loved the quests but it was kinda clunky all around.

Is it close to death, or is it at least halfway decent?

Attached: aTo1bYU.jpg (1920x1200, 370K)

it's a dead genre and you listed the only games worth playing
ESO might be up there and OSRS of course if it counts.

Russians resurrected Lineage II and well there's always Mabinogi if you don't mind it being filled with Koreans.

so was tera. as long as they don't do the UI in flash this time, I'm not too concerned.

Is it going to be subscription-based?

Because if it's not subscription-based I can guarantee you it won't be good.

That's because it is. That's a still. The actual trailer it's from was a jaw dropping 14fps

The games I play are designed to be fun, not a second job.
See above. I dont know why you two are coping so hard.

Im just getting bless vibes from this because of how trash the fps in the trailer was

Yes, undoubtedly made with the money they got from PUBG, which they're doing instead of improving PUBG. Thanks, PUBG buyfags.

what was that older cartoony mmo where you're basically piloting an airship and it is a huge korean grind

Attached: Dance.gif (180x248, 138K)

That was over a year ago. They put out a new trailer recently that's much better.

youtu.be/W33qXbCO75Q

Define "fun". For all we know, you might have shit taste as far as we're concern.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 62K)

>"NO POPULAR MMORPGS ALLOWED"
>posts weeb shit
cringe

>Make cute promo art
>Ingame model is extremely ugly

Attached: 1541734068694.png (540x413, 272K)

Attached: Runescape_swastika.png (378x343, 250K)

What happened to Maplestory 2?

I played it for like 3 days and it seemed like the kind of game that would die in a month due to the stupid layers of RNG at the end of the game.

Was I right?

Attached: 1550467743367.jpg (600x608, 72K)

What about legends of aria. Is that any good? It’s by the ultima guys

>don't post weeb shit, girls, lolis, etc
>thread dies in 10 pages with zero commit

If its korean it's shit.

there's apparently a new bless online in the works

This is such a narrow minded, bigoted thing to say It's all asian MMOs, they are all shit

We've known that forever now. Its xbone exclusive so doa

It's the REAL overhaul that was being developed in secret while they were bringing bless pc to the west. I don't know what they were thinking either.

the red borders on this image made me think i reeled in some (You)s

fuck you OP

Its an console exclusive, so no.

Damn near every MMO other than WoW, FF14, and GW is freemium garbage.

Why would you even subject yourself to that shit?

Attached: 1520825396675.png (599x710, 539K)

That game and Albion are both pretty much Runescape 3 with functional combat systems but with a veeeery small community and lacks the years of autism.

I play Star Wars Galaxies Legends since it gets new content

I’ve only played a little of Albion. Is Aria better?

>freemium garbage
All those moos you mentioned are also freemium garbage. Subscription doesn't mean anything anymore.

nice, it has 2 more fps

Aria is more hands off like UO. Less developed too.

How is that game going? The forum seem deadish, and while I understand why they're using Discord, it kind of make the game quiet ingame.

I play OSRS in Ironman mode (btw), so I get all of the grind with none of the social interaction.

twitter.com/MadoXIV/status/1080744628536655873
Reminder that XIV is the only successful alternative to WoW and this is the fate of MMOs.

Tried ESO for the first time during Steam sale and I had no idea the writing and voicing was this decent

How's Lord of the Rings Online/LOTRO? Looking at the wiki it seems they've got every locale in there to walk around and explore

Phantasy Star Online 2

ESO is underrated, largely because its in a weird territory where its both an Elder Scrolls game and not an Elder Scrolls game.

Came here to post this.

Phantasy Star Online 2 was a mistake

Attached: 1517189186497.gif (203x47, 7K)

>being the BR
Is it worth it?

Nobody plays Eldevin.

Isn't that just Darkfall?

Attached: ded.png (746x650, 187K)

I think playing through Vvardenfell and Clockwork City is some of the most fun I've had in an MMO in years, though I'm mostly treating it as a single player game. Exploring the Imperial City sewers is spooky as fuck.

>hide in the corner while a party of 810s runs past you

It's 3D Runescape.

>he doesn't know about Ember Online

Attached: GIfLO5.jpg.png (771x654, 585K)

Now I'm mildly interested. Do tell me and see if that would reel me in to try it out.

Died because RNG on top of dungeon caps on top of no one wanting to do any dungeons outside of the max that they needed gear from because it would eat one of their dungeon allowances for the day.

Runescape is 3d. Eldevin is bootleg runescape that has uninspired world design. Unlike Runescape.

>dungeon allowances
Why do they go at this with a literal gacha mindset? Just put it on the phone already.

Attached: 1548612634326.png (645x773, 11K)

Played that garbage for 3 hours and dropped it when all of the skill trees where cookie cutter boring number bloated skills. Koreans don't know how to make mmos. They are insects, do all they want is "USE FLASHY SKILL, DO BIG DAMAGE".

I'm having more fun playing Ragnarok Mobile and LaPlace Mobile than FFXIV and WoW.

The absolute state of mmos.

what games have tall amazon waifus I know Blade and Soul has huge women and GW2 has Norn
any recent MMOs that have the trinity?

>
>
>

Attached: hey anon, you're level 99 in all skills and all, but we will teach you how to be an adventurer! (501x573, 53K)

I'd play RO mobile if it wasn't Renewal-based

Mobile is perfect for kshit mmos and runescape.

The only mmo I've been able to actually enjoy in the last 6 years has been osrs.

Add in OSRS into that list. It mostly that most of the anons grew up with these mmo as kids and now they could play it during lunch or break at work.

Ragnarok is literally the only good MMO Korea has ever shit out.

I'm convinced they made Elins hideous on purpose, for reasons.
Fortunately there's plenty of costume items to cover their faces up.

This game looks like one of those promising games that's going to be destroyed by a bad western publisher.

once you get past the bullsht this game is fun

Attached: dko.jpg (599x428, 332K)

I miss it, bros.

Attached: Slab_Hardstone.160212.030417.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

>Twisted Metal: the MMO

Attached: Crossout.jpg (1920x1080, 464K)

> every MMO has pedo elements

I wonder why

The western publisher is kakao of black desert fame.

I am completely addicted to MapleStory 2 please help

>The western publisher is kakao of black desert fame.

lmao shit is gonna be dead on arrival then.

Attached: blrphiakhnjaikhghafadf.jpg (600x484, 24K)

is it really a mmo or is it a bunch of queuing for matchups

All that means is you never got to play Lineage 2, which was ever bit as highly regarded as RO.

If its similar to the original, than that's not a big surprise as RO is still one of the best MMOs to exist.

Is that a diaper? Is that thing wearing a fucking diaper?

>p2w shit
go home Ivan

Downloaded today RoR, can't wait to play it tomorrow

goddamnit now I want to reinstall tera and be a loli slasher while the MGRR soundtrack is playing in the background. that shit was kinda fun the first time around

Will we ever go back?

Attached: Modern games.jpg (1200x567, 217K)

Tera is actually the worst MMO ive ever played

Only reason im looking forward to it is because it's pretty much Black Desert but with actual PVE content

I still feel sad when I think how fucking bad Tree of Saviour turned out to be.
We just want Ragnarok with fancy graphics. Is that too much to ask?

I blame the BR in beta.

Attached: BR.webm (1265x14, 877K)

Literally PoE

OH SHIT SJS

>Tera is released
>Ignore almost everything and just level up by farming BAMs solo
>Hit max level and stop playing
This was pretty fucking fun to be honest.

BAMs were fun at first but most have the same general pattern.

I am fiending for an mmo right now, if i did not have to buy the current WoW expansion i would unironically resub just for something to do but i am going to pay 60 fucking dollars for that piece of shit. Hopefully classic comes out in July like they say and i can finally go back to the good days. But honestly the combat in vanilla was kind of awkward and especially pvp. I really liked the combat in tbc and wotlk for pvp compared to vanilla. But i will still enjoy the fuck out of classic PVE etc.

What are some mmo i can play? Most of the mmos i see have shit tier combat that looks clunky or some overly anime art style.

Refer to The game has become a cash shop shitshow with its biggest servers being the ERP centrals of the game. To make matters worse the JP community while not as degenerate help feed into their desires by demanding cute items for housing or outfits alongside them.

WTF I WANT TO DRINK A COKE NOW.

I still play mabinogi.. is this acceptable?

I think if you enjoy it then that's okay. I hope you have fun user.

Waiting for this. Lost Ark, it's Korean diablo-like MMORPG and it has great character creator where you can make your own waifu. I heard good things about it from people who played on korean servers.
Unfortunately it will probably be released in the west in 2020.

Attached: 2018-11-08_161711[1].jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

damn that's too long to wait

>it's Korean
Stopped reading there. 100% absolute dogshit confirmed.

assuming it ever comes out in the west. Game is pretty much mabinogi meets diablo

I play PlanetSide 2

Attached: 1458737161215.jpg (732x633, 362K)

t. retard who hasn't played it

You could tell us about it then.

>he things ESO is decent
play SW:TOR and get your mind blown, that's the only MMORPG that's worth of the "RPG" title

Korea is literally the only country that still remembers how to make MMOs nowadays. Aion, Tera, Blade and Soul, Black Desert Online. It's the same uninspiring grindy shit every year, but it is still miles better than anything produced by west in the past 8 years.

Attached: Lost%20Ark%20(6)[1].jpg (3840x2160, 374K)

>ywn go back in time and realize the unbridled fun of the Banshee, and spend years maining it, even after the nerf
only regret I have from that game, though I did get in quite some time with .75 ADS vanu LMGs so it wasn't a complete loss

I can't believe anyone would still be playing it now, though. Even daybreak wants it to stop.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 55K)

SWTOR does story driven RPG better.
ESO does gameplay driven RPG better.

It's Korean, I've played 500 different versions of it over the past 15 years. Even admits it's the same grindfest dogshit they've been shoveling down the community's throats for years.

I was gonna reply but then I read you were a Vanu nigger
off yourself
also Banshee is still good and still oneclips MAXes

Were MMOs only popular because there was nothing else to really do online in the 2000s?

Ah I see, you'd have to be some sort of faction loyalist autist to still be playing. Makes sense.

>It's Korean, I've played 500 different versions of it over the past 15 years.
That's MMOs in general. There has been very few "innovative" MMOs since Meridian 59. In fact, the big thing over past 10 years is to look backwards because MMOs were getting to streamlined and restrictive compared to ones in the past.

Mostly yes.

Might hope back into mabinogi one day, starting to miss the comfy sol bullshit.

Attached: 1536883089411.jpg (1358x705, 214K)

MUDs were still a thing then. Also, MMOs got popular because they were a natural evolution that allowed a lot of freedom and socializing at the time.

>Vanu niggers have no loyalty or honour
nothing new

Attached: fug u aliem.png (536x682, 69K)

and now hardly anybody socializes which is primarily why mmos are so shit

there is no other MMO where you can progress endgame in 4 totally different ways
I don't like LA just because of how great the combat is, I like it because it does just about every game system right

Because most have become super restrictive single player experiences. Few DEMAND you to have a full party just to step foot in high level areas.

It a giant chat room with avatar. Many people don't want to admit this, but things like facebook and twitter help kill that part.

Literally every game lets you progress endgame in multiple diferent ways. what the fuck are you talking about.

unreal engine mmo, it's gonna play like shit

I wish I had a sugar daddy to buy me cute outfits for my elin on TERA.

name one other MMO that lets you get endgame gear without ever doing endgame PvE or crafting

how do i get elin honey tho

osrs
mmos are shit now and i wish i never got addicted to the genre 15 years ago

Runescape, because farming

Bros I just want a game that makes me feel like RO, FFXI, and Vanilla WOW did. I know it'll never happen because I'm not a kid anymore, but I keep searching for that feeling and can never find it.

>mud
every single one is pay to win garbage and its so disappointing

MabiPro

Attached: ss+(2019-03-10+at+10.35.27).jpg (1874x1096, 511K)

I wish kid mmos were a thing again. Now its mostly glorified chat rooms

Attached: D00D78DD-DD71-4A1E-8548-5F1B9D080761-1027-000002729FA2C2B8.jpg (192x273, 75K)

>play for a few weeks and enjoy it alot
> burn out and have no desire to play anymore

who else go through this endless cycle. I can't remember the last time I stayed hooked on any game much less an mmo

eldevin's crafting and farming is so damn comfy but the cash shop and 19 active players is regrettable

Does anyone go to Hotan, guys?

Attached: silkroad3.jpg (800x600, 164K)

Anyone here want a pet Elin tank? The only requirement is you have to buy me whatever cute outfits I want.

Kids these days got dozens and dozens of option. Compare to 00s, where every mmo is sub fee at one point or another and your option is shit.

reading the developers opinions on free realms was the saddest shit.
they clearly loved their game but also wished to hell that they never made it a childs game because all their time was spent trying to stop sexual predators from abusing kids.
>they had hundreds of sad letters from kids when the game was announced to be shutting down

Attached: 0000mmorpg5.jpg (515x366, 55K)

OSRS

It isn't nearly as cucked as WoW and it isn't Chinkshit either

>steal moms credit card to pay the sub
>get whooped
>every single month
jokes on you bitch it was automatic renewal

rip asherons call(and 2)

Attached: 0000tism5.jpg (1024x768, 175K)

You just never found your "home" mmo. I played a lot of mmo's too that I thought I'd never see myself continuing but certain things will keep you playing for a long time. Friends, guilds, pvp, etc. no matter how shit the mmo is, those things can keep you going for months even years.

All mmo rook same

Shame. Guess thats why these kids mmos always have the strictest of chat channels cus pedos want their fix.

Name one game not designed to waste your time.

>Kids these days got dozens and dozens of option
>they all just play fortnight
Worse timeline.

Its not even that. I've got thousands of hours in 2 mmorpgs and friends in them but I can never bring myself to play for more than a month at most.

Melty Blood

I miss neopets
neoquest II twist blew my 14yo mind

Because they actually listen to their playerbase instead of going full retarded with YOU THINK YOU WANT IT BUT YOU DON'T

>wanna play mmo
>struggle to join guilds/clans due to preexisting cliques
>got kicked from a guild for using smileys
>got kicked from another for using default unmodded ui

To be fair listening to your playerbase is a double edged sword.

Sound like shit guilds

>got kicked from a guild for using smileys
You deserved it.

eso and osrs are my go to mmos. I played ff14 for a while but there's little I was interested in doing once I finished the main quest line.

While it might be true is some case (voting in OSRS is retarded at times), the former happens way too much and how it cost the playerbase. Being arrogant about it can cost you the company.

Attached: Lucas Art kill SWG.png (546x223, 23K)

bitches love smileys

>one of the best housing systems ever made
>some of the best mounts
>one of the most unique and fun to play "support" classes ever made
>all in the shittiest, most god awful MMO
>BADASS, CUPCAKE
good night, sweet prince

What other MMO's let me play as a cute catgirl?

Attached: Screenshot_20190128_145410.jpg (1920x1080, 825K)

>all in the shittiest, most god awful MMO
It was literally just vanilla wow with toon town graphics. I will never understand why people hated it after the relaunch.

>other

Tera. :^)

recommend me a good mmo

wildstar was legiitimately the worst game I ever played.
They clearly had no idea what people meant when they said they wanted "hardcore" raiding and content.
Nobody enjoys 4 weeks of keying to access the content that you can fuck up and have to wait even longer. for every member of the raid.
and then they never even fixed the fucking encounters
god it was so fucking bad.
thanks for the cupcake reminder tho jesus

launching as a b2p with a sub fee did nothing but mark the game for death on launch

They feel for the 40 man raid meme.

the end game content was extremely buggy and very badly implemented
also the entire game consisted of lol so randumb humor
pvp was designed by a woman who never played another mmo

Leveling is one of the worst shit I seen in an mmo. It has a pager that beep you to go here, there, here, everywhere, the area are shit, the story is meh, and the exp gain is bad. And I play dozens of KMMO and Everquest.

Literally didn't GET the game. Wildstar was great. Attunement was legit just as fun as the raids themselves, at least after they fixed the bugs with it.

just play a different genre, if you didnt get into mmos ten years ago theres absolutely no reason to play one now

Define Cute Cat Girl

Attached: it behind a pay wall.jpg (1264x956, 235K)

attunement was terrible and this was something people told them vehemently to change in beta
the raids were dogshit though. it doesn't matter how good the content and mechanics are if your bosses literally despawn/fall through the world/other insane shit

>Nobody enjoys 4 weeks of keying to access the content that you can fuck up and have to wait even longer. for every member of the raid.
This is literally what was required of you in Vanilla WoW which is who the Wildstar devs were pandering too. Wildstar falling flat on it's face is how I knew Classic was going to fail the moment they announced it.

Only datascape was way over tuned and not really tested. Genetic archives was largely alright. Itemization was the real problem.
>entire game consisted of lol so randumb humor
It didn't though. It has its irreverent elements, but it wasn't all just one big joke. Like, the whole game wasn't just one big protostar gag.

>tfw I will never play my fembots again

Attached: fembots.png (1121x615, 1.06M)

path of exile is basically gritty d3 now because they just won't fucking stop listening to their players

>advertise as RAID: THE MMO
>you have to level through a very shitty leveling system to get there

they asked the playerbase what they wanted to do with attunement and then ignored the entire community in favor of autistic time gating the content

Attunement was fine. Vet adventures, dungeons, then world bosses with a few solo quests sprinkled in for good measure. They were all great, skullcano is still my favorite dungeon of any more modern mmo.

I liked skullcano too but the world bosses and shit were awful

>Wouldn't mind paying a fee to filter bots and undesirables
>Every MMO with a sub fee is shit
>Every MMO with a sub (that I've played) insists on cash shop

Without discussing games that aren't listed in the OP, what are some good MMOs? I don't mind paying, just don't recommend me some shit like EVE or not-released the game

Yeah I hated vanilla wow too.

What was time gated about attunement other than the rep grind at the start? I can't remember if there was anything stopping people from going full autism and poopsocking all the steps after that.

vanilla wow literally didn't have difficult raids.
90% of the difficulty was getting a full raid formed consistently.
and not having your mages kill themselves over water summoning

I mean, mechanically they were nothing special. Largely just zergfests. But it was like a server event. There was almost always a world boss train going on back when attunement was still relevant.

EverQuest

the time gating was waiting for certain world bosses to respawn because those fuckers had a 24+ hour spawn with variation
somebody missed a spawn lol cya tomorrow better hope your poopsock is empty and your online all day

Everquest 2's Kerra are pretty cute. But why play a catgirl when you can be a ratgirl instead?

I can't remember if killing the same wb counted toward the progression or not. I sort of remember it both ways. Either way, that's a fair enough point.

eq 1 vah shir legit look exactly like filthy fucking eso cats

no you needed to kill all 11? of them individually.
its been a really long fucking time so maybe i am remembering incorrectly.
i do remember this being the biggest fucking issue for the guild though

At this point, just find an old MMO or a private server and treat it as a single player.

>freemium
You’re autistic, spending money outside of your sub only gets you cosmetic rewards. Fucking baboon.

>tfw been patiently waiting Camelot and Pantheon
>nothing else remotely interesting
>got into the New World Alpha
>didn't have any hopes for the game
>somehow I'm still immensely disappointed with it even though I had no expectations

Anyone else play this shit? Feels fucking awful.

Attached: gobshite.jpg (1176x1500, 118K)

Twitch prime gave some free stuff on Neverwinter so decided to give it a try, why nobody talks about it on Yea Forums? game it's pretty kino, combat is not tab target shit and the best part imo it has a fucking ton of quests made by the community, you can literally edit maps and write npcs dialoge

>guild
Oh boy do I love filling out application, give out my resume, and being force to use VA chats. And they wonder why no one bother joining or playing the game.

I'm hoping pantheon is good but I have my doubts
tfw u miss vanguard somehow of all games
diplomacy and crafting in it was nice

>you can literally edit maps and write npcs dialoge
They literally just kill that feature. The update that increase the level cap and made leveling a grind kill half the playerbase on top of it.

I'm almost sure they eventually patched it to count world bosses you've already killed. I joined my guild at the perfect time when everyone was still going through the process so I remember attunement as fondly as anything else.

pay2win trash
you could buy augments at the start that let you stunlock the hardest content and beat it solo
also
>200 dollar race unlock
neat ideas and decent game ruined by terrible monetization choices

its dog shit and ran by a group of chimps

>a game filled with degenerates

What is it about Final Fantasy that attracts the worst people imaginable? All you faggots need is a bestial race to attract the furries and you'd have a containment game the likes of which has never been seen.

Absolutely disgusting.

Attached: 1549317448825.jpg (436x536, 51K)

this

I love you Crowe

>200 dollar race unlock
What? Last time I check, the last race was a half dragon that you can buy cheaply.

But user they're not furry, I mean who cares that you have 2 sets of people wanting girls with bunny ears and another wanting Bara Cat thats not furry..

What horrible looking game is that?

Attached: Screenshot_20190228_081907.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

at launch you needed to pay 200 dollars to be able to play drow.

Attached: 0000mmorpg4.png (786x531, 88K)

>more popularity
>more people get into it - i.e. all kinds of possible people
That's how everything works, sadly. I mean look at this place.

Champions Online, where you can basically build any character you want within the limit of the game. As the other user mention, there also Everquest and Everquest 2.

Attached: 1393643-kerran.jpg (277x408, 17K)

Are there any mmos with a job system like RO's or some other that have that feel? I really wish Tree of Savior wasn't so shit at launch, haven't touched it since.

Attached: 1534605371155.jpg (460x460, 39K)

>op FEARS xiv discussion
LMAO

If you mean reincarnating to advanced class you're basically stuck with muds
maybe some other games do it but I don't think remorting is big outside of ro

>tfw endgame is clothing collect

I need something I can invest 1-2 hours in after work that I can make progress in and feel like I'm working towards something in my life, to give it some meaning.

how can people still play this? even browser mmos look better than this trash

Attached: 13215659.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

meme aspect

Die mexican

Because the quest is 10/10.

some faggot user recommended and I was looking forward to it. thing is, theres way too much bullshit and you never really get PAST the bullshit. fuck this trash game, i wasted 30 hours on it, and fuck the chinese aka nu-jews

Good quests
Free of trinity shit
Skilling progress is rewarding
Grinding can be sociable
PvP is fun
Excellent mobile port

But Runescape 3 has better quests, pay to win or not.

>ToS was shit at launch

Don't remind me, I had such high hopes for the game. Why the fuck did they have to ruin it...

All threads like this become derailed by the games posted in OP. If you want to discuss other games it's best to just not talk about them here. I like threads like these because we can talk about older games, something that can't be done if we have /vg/ invade.

My neighbor wants me to check out Tree of Savior and told me a major patch revamped the game a month or two ago. Is it any good or is it dead? Looks pretty and interesting.

Attached: 1520642660537.jpg (648x800, 92K)

What game?

just play a wow private server
netherwing is the hot stuff atm, TBC pvp server

The redid classes and progression, but I couldn't be bothered to care any more about it.

>you just have to grind for 100 hours before the -real- game starts!

I hate this shit, I wish it would stop

>quests
who the fuck reads the quests anyway

The fact you have a neighbor that talks to you is a big thing, user.

Is it so hard to just want a sword and sorcery style MMO that isn't full of memes, pop culture and other trash that ruins the immersion.

Everything now is all epic fantasy ala WOW, or weebshit where being a dark elf is your bog standard basic bitch character while everyone else is running around as a demigod cat lolis or or juggernaut not-orc orcs, or fuccbois who hit harder then the massive juggernaut orcs.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x398, 2.89M)

the real question is if you still need the mod manager to get a minimally functioning fucking ui for half the games features

Before quest markers people used to read quests and actually look at the game world. Those were the days.

Because the amount of content in RS is probably the best the genre currently has to offer. That's how bad the MMO genre currently is.

Unlike quests in every other MMO, Runescape quests are actually designed to tell a story and world build and reward the player, and unless you're reading a guide, the game doesn't hold your hand and will give you many puzzles and make you figure out how to complete them.

New quests on launch day are the most fun in an MMO on OSRS because everyone is spamming and yelling trying to figure things out as a community.

Does people even still play this game? Last i heard it was pretty dead.

Because unlike every other MMO on the market, OSRS is actively trying to keep most of its content relevant, even if they're actaully ruining it by making everything a fucking slayer task that drops more money in materials then professions will ever hope to achieve.

what are some good MMOs where I can play as a cute elf girl?

Attached: 1552132077691.jpg (479x816, 159K)

>SWG dead
>SWTOR basically a single player game
>Wildstar dead
>EVE Online is literally impossible to enjoy if you aren't a turbo autist
Is it really too much to ask for a decent sci-fi MMO? I'm sick of fantasy bullshit.

Attached: WildStar-Logo-wildstar-40326085-1600-900.jpg (1600x900, 150K)

yeah but not wow
i've tried playing it but i feel like i missed 90% of the game since i started too late

>Wildstar
>sci-fi
>cowboy wizards
>nature spirits
sci-fantasy

I don't know about the main server, as I quit that years ago.
I'm a Mabi PS were you have to earn all the cash shop shit in game.

Mabinogi
MabiPro, if you don't want any p2w shit

Attached: ss+(2019-03-11+at+12.01.50).jpg (1874x1096, 850K)

anarchy online rules
SWG original was kino tho

AO is shit. Neocron is better.

>>SWG dead
Just play Emu or Legends. Legends is rolling out content every year.

Listening to playerbase (faggots on reddit) is unironically ruining the game though

when's anarchy online classic coming out?

I’ve been waiting for Crowfall for like four years but it’s vaporware trash like Star Shitizen

Wait, Mabinogi private servers are a thing? Please tell me more.

But you can literally play the game right now. Id call AoC vaporware though.

Attached: rudebor.jpg (738x666, 131K)

Which MMO has the thiccest women?

Attached: thicc black desert.webm (842x640, 2.94M)

>playing WoW
>playing WoW for its shitty Elves

Christ man, why.

Attached: racial preference.jpg (2048x1783, 755K)

Pixel art is getting better by the day :^)

The fact Wildstar failed really killed MMO's for me, I thoroughly enjoyed it before it went F2P and then inevitably killed.

>heard about chronicles of Elyria
>"hmm sounds familiar"
>check it out
>"not bad, not bad, everything looks go-"
>game has perma death
>when you die you have to buy a spark for a new character
> a spark cost 20$ +
Why? Unless dying is actually hard to do.

Attached: 004A4E5C-B1EB-49B7-A899-B1517F998587-1027-00000291EDA9FE7C.jpg (380x214, 97K)

based

Attached: 1413498428719.gif (320x240, 281K)

I play Dungeon Fighter Online and I enjoy it because of class diversity, fun skills, and I don't like new things. I've been playing it since it came out under Nexon NA several years ago.

Is it WoW mobile?

God I fucking love undead women.

I'm playing Dofus again in the monoaccount server and I'm having a blast. I really like the gameplay in this game

Attached: 1473610041085.gif (380x380, 129K)

I still do.

Attached: mabinogi_2019_01_24_001.jpg (1909x1001, 421K)

Every now and then I pop back into mabi and see what's changed. It still gets content updates and draw in a small crowd for events and shit. Pic of sever status was from last May but I have another pic from a year before that and it was a bit higher so I'm guessing it picks up during the summer time.

Attached: mabinogi_2018_05_02_001.jpg (1357x705, 156K)

Hardcore/Ironman is a thing. See Ironman in Runescape

>play a game called illarion for over a year
>they reset the game
>new account system required
>you must pass a roleplaying test to play
>have to submit my character and a story about them to the council
>fail the test
>not allowed to play anymore
so fucking mad fuck you faggots

Let the slot machine go, user. It's time to move on.

Summer pic

Attached: mabinogi_2017_06_16_001.jpg (1364x704, 136K)

what a cute character! i'd love to see more pics of her. she looks like she'd be right at home taking forty dicks at the same time. you ever commission any art of dudes running a train on her?

I mean, what i heard is that only oldfags still play. The flow of new players is just too low. I used to play until my account mysteriously got deleted and i lost lots of items and good friends i never got other contact means with, so i ended up rage quitting it altogether.

If something has changed it might be nice to give it a try again.

LOL

I just want Mabi on a non-ancient engine. You don't even have to change the graphics.

It would probably be more popular here if that tripfag didn't shitpost with the game in all mmo. This fag is probably him with his tag off.

Content up to G13, no talents, no fighter, all cash shop stuff (pets, dye, gatcha, etc.) are all obtainable by playing the game and only by playing the game, all customization options are free from initially making your character and rebirths, new custom content and custom generations are added in, based off of the JP client, so we get some of the stuff they had too
mabinogi.ir
/shill

Attached: 00FMY-f2e75900-7e1b-4852-b63c-198c2776bc85.jpg (442x447, 39K)

Well, new players get super powerful stuff like free pets and premium items until they are lvl 1500 or something like that, without mentioning the baanid bullshit that is get 6million xp per quest and super help until youre lvl 5000.

Also if you go p2w, you can do as much damage as a lvl 8000 with gacha items while bing lvl 100.

>only gets you cosmetic rewards
Everything in FFXIV only gets you cosmetic rewards because the gear """"""""""""""""""""""""progression""""""""""""""""""""""""" in that game is completely fake.

having to pay more for a new life is retarded

Thanks for the info.

>p2w
That shit is exactly the thing that makes me hesitate about returning to the game.

Why do you say that?

>spending money outside of your sub only gets you cosmetic rewards

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-10 FINAL FANTASY XIV Mog Station.png (1509x1364, 804K)

its not really fake its just minimal and retarded and tied to a treadmill.
and squenix smokes crack on itemization decisions so a lot of the shittier item levels outperform the end game ones.

doesn't matter anyway the game is way too easy outside of like one encounter

honestly im just convinced a lot of this shit is just on asian mmo's tera was fucking awful when i played it because people were legit talking about fucking elins and other loli shit in chat

More combat classes, auction house, shit is a lot easier, AP training where you spend AP to level skills, events giving free shit like crazy, rebirths and reskills are free for anyone under level 1,000.

in an MMO cosmetic stuff is more valuable than gameplay stuff anyway, since it's all about social status

tera... more like tera hole in my pants

>"We didn't really pay much attention to feedback from the Japanese market afterwards, but one day, their localization team made a strange request: "Please make a school swimming suit costume for Elins." From the concept art image they provided us, we thought it wouldn't take much effort to make, so we just made it quickly for them. But we didn't expect this to be such a big hit. Although we just made the costume half-heartedly, the profit we made from this costume alone exceeded all the profit we made from all the swimming costumes for all races in Korea. "

Silk Road was ruined by bots. Most days it was literally impossible to log in because the bots filled up the server and didn't log out. The devs made shows of banning bots, but it quickly became apparent that all you needed to do to prevent a ban was spend a little money on the game. They wouldn't ban paying customers, even for botting.
At one point I managed to log in and literally every single player I ran into over the course of an hour was an obvious bot.

Are you sure you read into it fully? Dying doesn't mean you have to buy a new spark immediately, dying just reduces the time frame on your current spark. One spark accounts to about one year of life, because that's how long the average character will live for. It's not a terrible system, especially if you play carefully.

nah, that wasn't him with his tag off, just me lurking. but hey go check out a drawthread and ctrl f for their trip. every single thread. for fucking years. i despise mabinogi now despite never having played it simply because of one poster.

It's almost dead but pretty comfy

Attached: header_issue_one-612x337.jpg (612x337, 36K)

Yeah, the game died when "reforges" got introduced.

Let me put it like this.
You can fully upgrade your weapon/armor, do everything good and stuff like that, but then you have to pay or be lucky in events to get a "reforging tool", which gives you a random boost on your gear.
Also all this thing depends on the "rank" your item gets, you need to use a common tool (sold in npc shops) to awaken the items rank, will always be "rank 3", then you need to get the "fine reforging tool" that you buy in cash shop or sometimes come as a very rare reward on events, since the npc one is only used once to enable ranks, each reforge you ue is a reroll on random boost that can be either good or completely lame.
Then theres the super small chance that while using a reforging tool, a cutscene happens and your gear's rank goes up, in this case to "rank 2", being in rank 2 provides better rolls obviously, you have this rare event to happen twice to reach "rank 1" which can give you some ridiculous boosts on your equipment.

We are good here? Good, now imagine that almost every new OP weapon that comes from the gachas, even if its without any single upgrade, comes with "rank 1" already.

That lame.

I think i will just try my luck with that private server that other user was shilling for.

>Kritika is shutting down already
Wow. Wonder if they're gonna close Closers soon too.

Don't you have a drawthread to spam the same request for the billionth time in?

Honestly i cant go back to old mabi, and i really dont want to ditch my character to try the private server, but i iwsh you the best of luck.

I think 8ch has a live community in there, if you desperately need people to play with.

Attached: mabinogi_2019_01_27_004.jpg (1909x1007, 652K)

I just reinstalled Albion Online to get familiar with what's changed since launch. The new patch is looking like it could be neat, and bring some more life to the open world. Game still has a long way to go though.

youtu.be/ATXBxEH7F6M

Attached: umn5vo2i88821.jpg (1080x1085, 311K)

maximum comfy

Attached: 2311341300_178e64e051_o.jpg (640x480, 81K)

I've rotated between WoW and FF14 until BfA, now I just main FF14. Obscure mmos...I guess .hack//Fragment? But I don't think that really counts as an MMO.

Attached: muhgates.jpg (2000x993, 324K)

post the full thing etain

I haven't played since last February, is it worth getting back into?

if you mean did any of the core problems get fixed:
no

Depending how much you played and what you did, it's still the same for the most part. Fishing was added at some point, crystal gvgs which I think are a way for newer players to get their feet wet with gvgs, and faction wars which added some content to red/yellow zones and capes with abilities.

The randomized dungeons though seems pretty sweet because I hate hardcore expeditions. Here's to hoping this will put more people into the world, and less people just sitting in town all day doing HCEs.

Why are they sitting on playdoh?

I wish Allods vanilla came out. That game in its vanilla stage as a F2P or P2P game would be perfect.

iirc those are photon chairs, user
basically phantasy star's magic bullshit explanation for everything, including floating chairs that they made because having people move while in a sitting posture looked weird

MMOs are dead to me
The more of them I play the more I realize it's an inherently flawed genre, it's always going to be gimped.

The solution is to stop "endgame". That is a word counter to an MMO. The word "end" should never come up. An mmo is supposed to be a world, you log in and just like those garbage anime you are officially a new being. Integration to that level is the only way this shitshow can be saved. In 2004, thats exactly how we consumers observed them, that observation happened and is proof of that is the desire of all. Until devs stop nickle and diming and truly try to strive to create a world rather than a "endgame" grind full of story. Thats another thing, the FFXIV story shit is not the way to do it. Story implies beginning and end. When you log in just like Digmon world 3 or crosscode you should be going to an already established world and you are just another player. Not some hero or what have you.

Honestly, I'm probably gonna get into this tonight and tomorrow. I haven't played Mabi in so long and this seems like a good way to go about it since I forget my old information. Is there anything I need to know before I go in basically blind, having forgotten everything I learned since like... 2008?

PoE is that you.

Who knows with Square enix...

Attached: Lalafell bikini armor.jpg (1024x798, 125K)

WoWdrones call anything with a fucking inventory screen and a few set of skills a WoW clone, its annoying, stop

This is pretty much WoW fault and this help cause the death of SWG

SWTOR is a good game.

Attached: bc9e636b146d1857b73e455295052de3.jpg (500x659, 41K)

With the new update it's a lot easier to actually grind endgame equips instead of relying on hell rng.

I miss them...

Attached: mabinogi_2009_08_23_002.jpg (1280x1024, 363K)

>bestial race
we already have lalafell

damn I'm downloading this right now, always wanted to try this game but those nexon niggers ipblocked my country, thanks user, any tips for a new player?

Attached: 1549891111384.png (446x618, 308K)

Scarlet Blade
Skyforge

Its pretty fun, although that may be nostalgia speaking. Its pretty easy to pick up and start, combat isint that hard across most classes and theres alot of quests to start off with. Most of the people that play it now though are capped out OGs with like 6-7 capped alts too. Worth a try user

Just standard must-dos from old Mabi.
>make Windmill top priority
>rank Refining first if you're going into ranged
>make your first character a human so you can get a giant and an elf card

Ashes of Creation may be our savior

Attached: 1550889970914.gif (331x338, 3.51M)

I'd like SWTOR more if the playable race line-up wasn't absolute garbage. I know they added Togruta and Cathar post launch, but it's a F2P title now and I refuse to support F2P as a medium.

I MISS IT
I MISS IT AND I WANT TO GO BACK.

Attached: 121162-aleni.jpg (1600x1200, 606K)

Just missing wing cosmetics that do nothing extra.

Still chugging along through Blade and Soul, it's my first MMO but I also hear it's got one of the best interactive combat systems in the game so I'm hesitant to try anything else and have the combat be boring 3s+ cast times and shit.

Attached: 1551234076677[1].jpg (400x400, 52K)

You do it user, I don't wanna get banned

Had a great time with Tera back in the first couple years!
Too bad undesirables drove it straight into the shitter.

Is it too much to ask for a good ARPG MMO? Literally all of them are shit. I wanted to continue playing Dragon's Dogma Online but it's a hassle.

This. Raidfags and their loot pinata or big numbers obsessions need to fuck off. Mmos should have ways of progressing and getting powerful, but it should be an activity, one of many and should not be prioritized over any other by the game design itself, no matter how much the minority of autists wants it. When all that's left to do in your game is logging in, doing your "daily resets" and logging out, you know you have a problem on your hands.

The races aren't great but I'm a humanfag in MMOS so it has never bothered me personally.

>tfw no croc mom gf

Attached: 1547010273607.png (799x871, 520K)

The 'inherent flaw' is that for every mmorpg released since WoW calling them mmorpgs is outright lying about what kind of game you're getting.

PS fuck captcha

Attached: bullshit.jpg (394x513, 28K)

Thanks, for the advice. I do remember windmill farming in some zombie graveyard way back being a thing I thought was very important. The human thing I didn't know though.

This. It's just themepark shit for normalfags to go on an "epic adventure". Not a fantasy world to lose yourself in and become immersed in to an alarming extent.

>click skip
holy shit so difficult

The RPG aspect has been lost to time, the genre itself should be name changed to something along the lines of MMOG's or MMOL's. It's sad what could've been...

No, seriously. What game? I've seen this posted in a few threads and searching for it just brings up a thread that I swear to god I was in before. Just tell me what game and no one gets hurt.

Attached: 1549998000652.jpg (960x720, 312K)

I'm waiting for DFO 3D. It won't come out soon though.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

It's a client-sided mod

FFXIV is fucking childsplay rainbows and sunshine compared to what happens in WoW on Moonguard. You really need to get out more if you think what's in XIV is bad, lmao.

I kept getting rpgwo as a result

Thank you, user.

Not a big fan of DFO 3D honestly. There's a lot of things gameplay wise that DFO was able to get away with by being 2D that's going to get lost in the transition to full 3D.

It's the same thing Ragnarok Online had to find out the hard way.

Can confirm it's RPGWO.
rpgwo.com/

Why not :)

Attached: D1WdO4hWkAACGi8.jpg (1200x675, 137K)

Shits going to be Bless 2.0

>Try Mabinogi a few months ago
>Have absolutely no idea what I'm doing
>Try to ask around but people mostly ignore me
>See a guy teleporting near me
>Ask him via PM for advice
>Suddenly he give me expensive stuff, summons a multiple place flying vehicle, show me around, make me level up important skills by giving paper to craft and spend like the 3 or 4 next hours with him
>Have fun but the game still feel too old for me so I never log back on
I feel bad for that guy, he was awesomely friendly.

>Level 60
>Still have to level up to 70 to do anything important

When you look at the small gameplay they shown, it looks good. It will be totally different though, they're not trying to do the same game but in 3D.

>ends with lmao
>counter argument is one shitty server on WoW

No. You and your people are disgusting, and I'm glad FF exists to contain you cretins.

>stop using words and terms I don't like
I don't own you a written essay or a discouse on why your opinion is uninformed and laughable. The same happens on Argent Dawn on EU.

Not sure who will read this. But I honestly wanted arche age to be a good game. If it didn't have so much pay to do everything it would been great! The whole court system was sick and spell combination sweet. Building your own house in the world and killing whoever you wanted 10/10 but dead and horribly full of pay to win stuff ;(

>it's okay because you still have to do 3 days worth of msq

Dungeon Fighter Online ? Gameplay is really different than ro though.

I don't think we'll ever get a game like that. Maybe in Dragon's Dogma online, who knows, but the game is in jap onry.

Sounds good, kid. Enjoy your containment.

I'm going to try this as well as some other less known mmos. wish me the best bros. Just because a game isn't popular or is dying doesn't mean you can't play it. Be the change you want to see in the world.

Archeage was the shit at launch and shortly after, it's a shame Trion is a bunch of braindead retards that destroy their own games.

Uh what is towers unite?

This game is cool. You can also play for free since you can pay your sub with in-game money.

Attached: taverne2.png (476x537, 298K)

i actually loved the female aman design, too bad tera was poorly coded when it came to latency

Attached: aman_f_l18.jpg (1600x1200, 320K)

My nigger. They had the right dose of sexy and bad ass, a shame about Tera in general.

Considering the main servers are dying, how healthy is the PS?

Elder scrolls or black desert for console

I loved the female elves. They looked so bitchy and uppity. Love that shit

Having the Chinese getting into the game first and buy up all the land kind of fuck that up for everyone.

B&S is p2w as hell, the sooner you stop the better. Also unless you spend a few bucks your character will forever look like a homeless person and you will never catch up gear-wise.

Any word on B&S for consoles? Legitimately the only game I want that I can't play on consoles and it sucks. Not going to buy a PC for one game.

Attached: blade-and-soul-console-PS4-Xbox.jpg (950x538, 81K)

ESO should have it's own threads fuck off weebs and alternate Tolkien.

We have Balmung

I like OSRS and DCUO.

Attached: konichiwa-baka-gaijins-welcome-to-nihon-was-wolverine-the-first-15057000.png (500x873, 255K)

I played Twin Saga with a bunch of anons for a while, it was fun.

I mean I'm doing the lastest raid, Nightfall Sanctuary. In terms of gear, I can do all the relevant content right now and not feel like I'm being carried by the rest of the group. Only reason I'm getting bored of it is because most of my clan wants to quit because of other games, jobs, irl stuff. So I'm not sure if I want to look for another clan or just quit the game altogether.

A lot of old timers mabinogi players are surprisingly friendly but its mostly the fact that mabinogi has a shit of ton items and very limited item space(and a very shitty way to manage your items too). Events have been giving out a lot of free stuff over the years so people's inventories have been getting packed. Its to the point where its better to just give out free shit than selling it or dropping it.

Attached: 1525974641587.jpg (1352x706, 418K)

It's dead JIm.
Last year NCsoft announced "Blade & Soul 2," "Blade & Soul M", "Blade & Soul S", "Lineage 2M" and "Aion II", all 5 games for mobile.

Attached: 1541151275075.jpg (1792x1535, 189K)

That's fine. I can move on then. Back to XIV it is.

You don't have addons that allow you to describe everything about your character in game and communities centered about their use.

They were Elves done right, imo. Usually I hate Elves, but like you said, their uppity and high class nature, plus with the overall aesthetic of the game made them really good. A shame you could only make male fuccboi elves.

The prototypical "MMO that would be 1000% better if it wasn't an MMO"
Fuck Nexon

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 281K)

I wish more games had elves like that. Everything about them needs to look high class and noble-like.
Plus they had huge sexy tits and that is great too

>Aion II is a mobile game
don't remind me

Attached: 1544948078332.gif (740x900, 1012K)

If you play elin/lalafel consider getting hit by a bus

KALonline
some korean shit, but it was fun

>downturned pig elf ears

into the trash

Attached: FFXI dead.jpg (512x382, 87K)

They revamped the whole thing, plays a lot better then it did, easier to play and more streamlined. Only issue is F2P + loot shit at end game is sorta shitty now, but its still really good.

OP said MMO though. PSO games are just lobby multiplayer. And don't give me lip sonny, I've been playing PSO since the Dreamcast era

Attached: NOL.jpg (640x480, 95K)

>MMORPG
>RPG
Maybe the genre isn't for you.

Attached: Karst_FFXI_Ikeda_Art.jpg (480x480, 21K)

Tree of Savior is a really solid game but almost every player with the best gear in the game is a cheating and/or RMTing faggot and you'll sometimes be forced to interact with them by the game design.

you noticed it too huh

Allods Online? I remember it had airships and warp shit

fucking stop,why wont yoshi kill you faggots

im not sure how bdo runs on console but i assume it runs like ass so eso

Cute c*nny

>that mmo that tries to advertise as destructible armor
And then TERA exist and this game died.

Attached: kabod-online-1.jpg (1280x960, 295K)

I CAN SEE HER CU- MPHHMPHH

Attached: 1537578098890.png (342x467, 123K)

Checked out Skyforge on PS4.

It was pretty shit.

>tera pubg crossover
literally why

>2020
2019 feels like a useless year, let's just skip it

I wouldn't mind if mabi stayed mostly the same, but got decent anime style visual upgrades.

teso plays so shit. its not even that its not really a tes game. its that it looks and plays like shit. also fuck every games thats ever gone EVERYTHING IS SCALING like this. scaling is the worst thing to happen to games single or multiplayer.
LOTRO sort of managed it? But it's a jank ass game to play and the visuals didn't even look good in the time it was released.

Dark Age of Camelot likewise still exists, but has similar gameplay and visual issues.
Anarchy Online still exists. Again with the badly aged graphics and combat though.

Too bad about them inserting random anime advertisements into the game sacrificing the feel.

Tried going back last year. I remember specifically they'd locked me out of character classes I'd already made and created so I couldn't log into them because they wanted paid for them. I exited out immediately after realizing they'd done that.

Dungeons & Dragon's Online? Not Neverwinter. I know its graphics aren't too great, but in terms of potential ways to build your character, you won't get better. I also know the gameplay is a bit clunky, but, again, it's never backed away from difficulty. I know it has dark elves, but there are plenty of standard races and classes too.

The only issue is the tomes you can buy for real money that give you a permanent boost to stats.

The thing is, for a time, before it went free to play, it had exactly what you're asking for. Even the ability to make dark elves had to be earned so not everyone could just randomly make them.

I know what you mean though.

I really, really wish there was something like you're asking for.

What about Age of Conan? No weird dark elf races, and the there's no lolis or cat girls. The combat has some weird elements but the characters are all different races of Humans with a bunch of mundane class options, and a few magic types too that have fitting visuals for the setting.

Closers is okay, I just wish they didn't split up the Wildhüters into two different questlines that can't interact at all with players who picked the Wildhüters whose quest doesn't match up with yours, the Wolfdogs, or the Black Lambs outside of very specific mid and late game content.

The writers also seem to have a misery boner for any character that isn't in the Black Lambs. Plus they also love pulling the "Hey, you're winning a fight you weren't supposed to win! So your character just randomly goes full aspie and thinks the enemy is too strong! Don't worry, though, the enemy is super duper merciful and will let you do the stages you've been spamming for quests another couple dozen times and then you can fight them again!".

Keep your NTR fetish out of your MMO, fucking Koreans.

& Camed

Why cant any other company make a fun combat mmo like tera

I'm looking for a comfy, explorable and crafting focused MMO.
Is there anything else that's good besides Mabinogi or Voyage Century?

I'd be okay with tera style combat, but less flashy and more down to earth armor/weapon/character designs and settings. I'd also prefer it have oldschool social, crafting and faction systems from EQ era days so the world felt more player driven.

For those who've never played EQ, factions doesn't mean Horde vs Alliance style. For example a dark elf in EQ could lose reputation with their own people and cities, and earn reputation with other races and cities, but there was an in between place where neither trusted you, so you had to use underground markets to get by until you gained enough trust to be let into a city proper again. You could even attack your own cities' guards regardless of your reputation with your city, losing reputation with them and getting your character killed. Every race, city, varying smaller factions and even some class locations/skill trainers had their own group or individual faction/reputations that could increase or decrease as you played. They weren't about a faction grind (WoW style) for gear and rewards they were how different factions in the world saw each and other, and things you did out in the world could increase or decrease your standing in ways big and small. It made you have to play an actual character with a reputation in the world and real consequences to who you could talk to and trade with, or even who would want you dead or just ignore you.

I remember my Magician's home trainer only trained skills up to a certain level. After that you had to go out into the world and find isolated trainers or books about spells from dungeons and raids or rare or powerful mobs in the world.

I remember having to track things down by talking to people in game, because there was no wiki yet. I also had to take a ship ride from a hostile city by sneaking into the city and hiding on the boat. Then I had to jump off the boat and swim to an island. This island was the location of the trainer. Unfortunately I had a hostile reputation with him, so I had to make a deal with another player (with a good reputation) who bought the skill books I wanted off the trainer. I paid him a bit to do this. He could have screwed me over. In the end I got my new spells and story to tell.

I'd love for said game to have Everquest's art. Not the old in game art. I mean I'd love for said game to look like EQ's old box art.

Attached: tyb65y.jpg (1280x720, 519K)

I used to play DFO. Currently either done with it or on another several month hiatus.

I loved playing as some of the classes, but the ridiculously slow and inconsistent gear treadmill (gambling ho) really killed my drive.
I could grind a lot with classes I liked because just playing them felt good, but after a while you realize that there's fucking nothing to do and no reason to continue playing.

Kill yourself retard

The game became literally unplayable without one. The sheer amount of grind required to level/farm anything/do anything after a couple of patches became funny.

Almost everyone who's now over 20 has played at least one Final Fantasy game. Ever thought maybe YOU are the problem?

Attached: lstarova-cap015.png (853x480, 915K)

Base nips, they know what real men want.

>ESO
Solid story a d quest quality. NO SUB REQUIRED

>TERA
good at nothing and devs abandoned it. Only played by loli lovers as 80% of players are just lolis

>WoW
pretty shit expansion but still the best game for raiding options. Most of the expansions main features are bad. Game is a mount and transmog game now. Blizzard has yet to capitalize on the cosmetic dominance yet with player housing.

>FF14
cool content and the Devs are not scared to try new things. It is the however the slowest and most brain dead of mmos. The game is almost unplayable since majority of players are LGBT trannys. Even though it's sub based the game has a stupidly large in game shop.

>swtor
Not really an mmo but the best rpg out of every game here. Play warrior, agent, and bounty hunter for story. Don't bother with expansions.

ffxiv is good...

I hate to tell you this, but Archeage during the closed $150 alpha was actually one of the best mmos to come out. It didn't have almost any of the cancerous shit that they added in the beta and launch, the loot rate on ganking merchants was 100%, there was so much good going for it.Then they fucked it up with making it heavily p2w with the stamina was the killing blow.

Sub once for access to the 70+ stories and play a Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight as it only makes sense for those two classes.

The Consular story isn't as bad as people make out.

The Sith Sorcerer's story is actually quite good.

Fallen Empire and Eternal throne choices barely matter outside of certain characters abandoning you or dying. Some die anyways. But they're decent enough stories to experience if you go in expecting choices to mean jack and shit most of the time. AGain, play a Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight for these. As a bounty hunter, agent, smuggler, trooper things will make zero sense.

You can kind of make shadow or assassin work but Sage and Sorcerer have zero lightsaber skills and most set pieces come down to lightsaber fights which make no sense when you're a low lightsaber skill high force power character capable of causing force earthquakes or massive sith lightning storms.

>Not also having oneechan
Damn what a yikes

Man, I miss that experience of setting up the Dreamcast for the first time to go online and play something like that. That whole night was a blast with my friends, and I'll never forget it.

I don't mind 2, but it just doesn't feel quite the same. It was still quite a lot of fun, but that ran it's course around 2014/2015 for me. No idea what it's like now, but at least it still seems fairly popular.

Attached: 774.jpg (1029x1280, 523K)

>lala

>The game is almost unplayable since majority of players are LGBT trannys

i bet you think 50% of women play videos games too

Been playing Jade Dynasty

Attached: JD.png (1120x630, 987K)

How's LOTRO these days?
I have a starter pack on Steam for some reason

MMORPGs are dead. No game still feels like living world with a sense of exploration or an active, social community.

>sword and sorcery
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_and_sorcery
Sounds autistic and generic as much as I hate other generic tolkien ripoffs or nonsense like FF.

Attached: 7248432467.jpg (660x875, 76K)

Any idea what this is?

Attached: wat.png (646x201, 78K)

SOE wasn't perfect by any stretch, but damn I hate seeing what's happening now even compared to before.

Will probably play this even if the combat looks like it'll be spammy air combos with no thought involved. At least it should be a high asset quality game that's bearable. Should

>Make a new account
>Toss everything aside and go cut wood
>Keep cutting wood until I can afford a better axe to cut more wood
>Oak logs aren't worth 1gp like in every other game
>Can feel self lifting out of poverty
Ugly as sin but pretty fun

If VR pulls its head out of its ass, it would be revived. Main problem: MMORPGs are expensive to make due to the complex networking problems, and big-budget games just don't work on VR (and probably won't for 15+ years)

Any good mmos, I'm going to end up on FFXIV for the story if i can't find a fun action mmo.

Attached: 1501560880163.jpg (702x634, 190K)

I want to cry

Attached: ahhhhhhh.png (1280x800, 1.4M)

>No regional pricing on Steam
AAAANNNNNDDDD dropped.

You'd be better off playing something like MHW with some friends imo. Every action mmo suffers from the same problems
>no content
>no story
>fetch quests only
>terrible PvP and PvE
>P2W RNG
>good thing is drowned in a sea of shit

To save mmos, allow players to make shota characters.

When I was in 4th grade, I played Dragonfable with my class. It was comfy.

>plays a lot better then it did
Shill. Legends is utter garbage and the pay2win is some of the worst I've ever seen. Makes LOTRO look tame.

Tera's existence is such a frustrating note in gaming. It's the closest to some sort of massively open world "Monster Hunter" there is, but its still so inundated by themepark MMOisms that about all promise it shows in that regard is an extraordinary disappointment.

Kinda neat for what it is despite that, but only just, since even for what it is, there are still so many awful layers of MMOisms sitting on top of it that the bit of soul that it does have is still strangled to death.

FusionFall is pretty fun. It’s run by fans now and it’s free. If you’re into simple MMOs like that.

JUST FUCKING IMAGINE IF PIC RELATED THREW OUT THE GUNS AND SCIFI AND MADE A FANTASY SWORD&SHIELD, WITH THE SAME ENGINE IMAGINE A ROGUE ACTUALLY DOING ACROBATICS AND SHIT
PLEASE DE OR SOMEBODY JUST FUCKING DO IT ALREADY

Attached: 1521485233669.jpg (256x256, 12K)

>Mobile

this is the worst timeline for gamers

silkroad online

You first, degenerate scum.

Can't be the problem if the problem is filled with nothing but degenerate weebs.

>koreans going mobile
No surprise, they have shit taste

DE is inept dude they can't even make the engine improvements to have enemy variety and you want them to do anything besides make another minimum viable product?

Regardless, just goes to show how Trion can't manage jack.

anyone at this point, man
i dont understand why no one has done a proper fucking dungeon crawler with action combat where the tank goes in the front, i want to feel like im in the fucking D&D world with a bunch of people not looking at fucking stats on a spreadsheet and play "avoid the big circles on the ground" most mmos are actually based on fucking RTS mechanics except you control a single character. Everything is fucked man

Attached: 1507294724794.jpg (280x281, 78K)

MMOs are garbage and will be dead soon for a good reason

>Some thief kills your whole caravan

Attached: he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.png (500x593, 455K)

It’s funny how the history of MMOs turned out to be pretty much a prelude to the industry as a whole.

Wildstar dying is what killed my hype for MMO's. Had a lot of systems and things I loved, but I guess the communities surrounding MMO's have changed so much, those things aren't wanted anymore.

It's what makes me worried for Pantheon, why did WoW have to butcher this genre so badly.

Attached: tb93.jpg (629x477, 43K)

Was Aion the first game to introduce combo system? Or was it Cabal online?

Attached: 77cb2356c81e3515bf75f66c.jpg (650x406, 203K)

everquest.com/register

PLAY EVERQUEST FREE

i'm having fun with this old game

Attached: nobu.jpg (1597x895, 373K)

Im not touching a daybreak game

You sick freaks need to stop posting trash made for 12 year olds in japan. Get off my board

>3 month vacation from uni
>spend it all on Dofus
wew lad shit gets addicting when you play with people

Attached: SUBARASHII.png (675x675, 476K)

Wakfu is 5 times better. Dont '>' me

Imagine playing everquest Next haha

Attached: everquest_next_01.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

it would be if it had a team that actually cared
the battle system is miles better I'll give you that

Attached: best wakfu.png (853x880, 276K)

wynncraft, the minecraft MMORPG

>we'll never know what this game could've been
>all that's left in its wake is Landmark

I'll never support Daybreak as long as I live.

Leikabros WW@?

Attached: 1537265718616.jpg (1072x750, 171K)

How i hate that shit.