It's good

It's good.

Attached: a222e4f9-282a-4eed-a9c1-c8a85da09a28_1.073b0ff2cf7d5c906a5569e3fe210e08.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWi (450x450, 36K)

no

Good? It's one of the greatest games of all time. That's well established at this point, why make a thread about it?

When I was 6 my dad bought me OoT and would sit and read the text to me impersonating the characters voices (my favorite was his voice for the construction workers/carpenters). Because I was so young and didn't fully understand, it took me three years to complete it. When the credits finally rolled I started crying because the long journey I had been on was ending.

After 210 hours in BotW I finally faced and defeated Ganon. With the help of the Champions and with all the races and creatures In Hyrule urging me toward victory my long journey, once again, came to an end. As the credits came, so did the soul grabbing music, new and old. It wasn't until the after credit scene that I felt the emotional weight of Link and Zelda's journey coming to an end, and with it, a new beginning. It was then that I was once again moved to tears. After so many years I was pulled back to when I was a child discovering my love for The Legend of Zelda once more.

Nice blog where do I subscribe?

get a load of this faggot

I just watched a YouTube video showing the evolution of the Zelda series. It struck me that I’ve been playing these games my whole life. Each game spurred memories of a different TV in a different home at a different stage of my maturity. Skyward Sword was my dorm room Zelda. Link to the Past taught me how to play video games on my older sister’s SNES (whenever she’d let me). Majora’s Mask actually made me think about death in a meaningful way for probably the first time. Twilight Princess was my edgy teenager years.

What a journey and I hope it continues for the rest of my life!

This game is so flawed I find the love for it absurd. It would have been easy to add some token enemy variety to different zones but they hardly even bothered. The combat system is woefully inadequate for the spastic movement of a couple of absolutely horrible bosses, and really no boss is all that great. It captures the adventure romanticism of Zelda early on, but as you realize how empty everything is that feeling slowly withers away.

Among the most overrated games I've ever played, up there with Nioh.

Only one issue with it that completely bogs the experience for me: THE SHIT-ASS WEAPON DURABILITY
No, it doesn't fucking encourage weapon diversity or thinking on your feet, it forces it. Other than that bewilderingly stupid design choice, yeah, it's pretty good. Wish the music was more memorable though.

why'd you steal my crying ability

i sweat i got that upgrade on the skill tree

>2 fucking years
>Yea Forums still argues about it
Come on, guys.

Attached: 1499369921175.png (640x574, 291K)

Not many people seem to mention it, or at least I haven't seen much about it, but the BOTW soundtrack seems to me to be very, very special. Whenever Eponas song plays near a stable, I can't help but to cry. The main theme of BOTW, after so, so much waiting seems to trigger this strong emotion in me. When riding through fields at night, and hear Zelda's lullaby as I take in my landscapes, it's just breath-taking. Some don't enjoy how in the Wild there aren't necessarily tracks, but rather Piano riffs, but I adore that, that idea of ambient noise and swift strokes of the piano to guide you and comfort you on your adventure. To me at least, the BOTW soundtrack is very special.

You know nothing about game development

I know you're just trying to bait
But the soundtrack is actually really good. It just isn't targeted towards boomers

>it would have been too hard to add four more enemy types
A million other games do this, Nintendo's super high budget game should be able to do it too

I love the game but people who pretend its near-perfect are lying to themselves.

I remember crying with the scene after conquering the elephant or when Zelda was upset because she couldn't awaken her powers and this. Didn't you cry while playing?

That means it's good

I agree. It was nice to see a console Zelda without a two hours intro and with enemies that can actually deal real damage to you. I also enjoyed non-linearity and a big emphasis on exploration for the first time in forever.

When people praise Botw, the story is often viewed as one of the weakest parts. While I agree that there are other Zeldas with better stories, viewing the last memory was far more emotional and involved than I thought it would be.

Skyward Sword is my favorite game (ever), and hearing the familiar noise from the Master Sword from Fi really broke me down. Although Fi was pretty annoying the entire game, at the end of Skyward Sword, her acknowledgement of her humanity and happiness redeemed her (as a character, not a gameplay mechanic). I teared up at the end of Skyward Sword when she accepted that she would be dormant in the sword forever.

This, of course, changed when Zelda was able to hear Fi talking to her. The transition from Zelda's lullaby into Fi's theme was amazing, and just brought on more tears. It was, to me, comforting knowing that Fi, the spirit of the sword, can still show herself in times of need.

>big, empty overworld

>no real traditional dungeons except those stupid robots

>terrible voice acting

>incredibly few types of enemies, many reskins (even worse than skyward sword)

>shitty crafting/cooking system, weapon durability even on the fucking master sword

>timeline even more fucked up now because they added those birbs and little bulbasaur things from TWW AND the Zoras in the same timeline

Its the worst zeldagame since that cdi shit

I was gonna tell you that you have a point, but then I remembered that people still argue about Xenoblade 2. I guess there's always exceptions.

>non-linearity and a big emphasis on exploration
Those things are actually holding me back from completing the game, and I couldn't be more happier about it.

>nintendo
>high budget

>terrible voice acting

>incredibly few types of enemies, many reskins (even worse than skyward sword)

>even on the fucking master sword

I do agree with you on these points. The English VA is a mixed bag. Some are okay, some aren't, but damn Zelda and her really fake accent her bad. I'm replaying the game in Nip and it seems better so far, but I've only really heard Zelda and the King at this point.

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing.

>timeline even more fucked up now

Who honestly gives a shit about the Zelda timeline? I mean sure, I did too when I was a teenager, but now I couldn't give a shit less if I tried.

>find like 5 shrines in a row that give you a free spirit orb or a repeat combat shrine