Now that the dust has settled... what's the verdict?

Now that the dust has settled... what's the verdict?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b7Zc3f8cPnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In the end, it sold less than xenoblade 2.

it was fun but got repetitive pretty fast

I still haven't gotten past the canyons after you leave the village as Therion

Attached: 1543701788149.png (224x203, 47K)

Its fine, scratched my jrpg autism so it served its purpose

Attached: 1522171758399.jpg (916x622, 81K)

It’s good because it’s Nintendo exclusive and we are a Nintendo hivemind

A pretty good RPG, with a great artstyle and good OST, that could have been so much more if the 8 paths actually intersected.

Shit that only RPGhipsters care about, you have to understand there'll never be the goold old Square 90's era again

dissapointing but not bad

Loved it but dungeons are way too straightforward, no puzzles, fibal boss is a ridiculous spike in difficulty, you can kick shit left and right but that fucker made me waste 3 hours, die and I has to grind like a madman because he offed me on my 1st turn in his 2nd phase.

But I am glad the final bossbis the strongest one, tired of:

>Ah yes, I have the ultimate power, except for that wild crocodile in that one dungeon that's 10x stronger than me!!

Not as good as Bravely Default

>t. Doesnt understand the concept of project budgets

all hail nintendo
all hail nintendo
octopath 10/10 me love onions

Heh

Solid JRPG
I give it an 8/10 for the most part.
Maybe a 7/10 with the repetitive enemy design but honestly I liked it on the whole.

I am not talking about profit, for both SE and monolith soft each of their respective games was a success, I just mention the fact xbc2 still sold more units than Octopath.

Has some flaws but was good overall. Great ost and enjoyable battle system. The characters themselves were likable for the most part but I think it was a missed opportunity to have more interaction during story cutscenes.

It was disappointing, I hope they try to make a spiritual successor that is better.

It's well polished but the charm wore off fast for me. The game kept me going a lot longer than Lost Sphear and its by the numbers parade of jrpg cliches. The game was trying way too hard to be oldskool and could have benefited from optional modern features . Trying to track a lot of map and other things in my head was kind of annoying. Certain character's town abilities were just better than others and did the same thing. If you really want a SNES feeling JRPG on a modern system, the game delivers, good and bad.

Attached: 1420177771641.gif (500x334, 982K)

All I remember is that Professor Cyrus was based and unparalleled

Garbage.

absolutely loved it

It's okay in very small doses. Not worth $60 though.

Has one of the best VG soundtracks. No joke.

The lack to interactions between the playable Characters really hurt it.

Good game but ultimately suffered from the hype it built up. Can’t even call it overrated since that would imply that there were people praising it to high heavens after it got released. Everyone just kinda realized that it was just another average JRPG attempting to ride on the nostalgia train. Once again, was it a bad game? No. But everyone hyped themselves into expecting the 2nd coming of Final Fantasy.

It's not without it's flaws, but I really liked the idea of playing an ensemble RPG where the plot was mainly the individual party members dealing with problems that directly mattered to them rather than mobbing an evil church or something. Soundtrack is fucking godly and its insane that this was the composer's first work in vidya. Can't wait for the sequel, and am unironically hype for the smartphone prequel.

>octopath
>octolings
>Mario kart 8 deluxe
>the switch is Nintendo's 8th home consider
Big hmmm from me dog.

What does XB2 have to do with anything?

This so bad. You would think a game involving a band of adventurers traveling together would have some sort of interactions in between.

it was a good game, but not a good video game

I loved it. Only time I didn't enjoy the game was the initial slog through all 8 prologues in a row, you are better off not doing that. Mix it up a bit, which is what I will do next time I play it.

Excellent music.
Excellent boss fights.
Fun and fast classic combat.
Likable characters, could have used more interaction other than just tavern scenes but when I think about the boring long dialogue in Bravely Second I prefer OT.

They were compromising for how you can do the story with different combinations and orders. I hope there's a sequel someday that just forces you to pick up every character and builds around that instead of this half measure bullshit.

Sorry, that was out of question. I was just trying to spite certain someone.

You mean an ongoing series sold more than a new IP? That’s pretty obvious.

Boyfriend is buying a switch soon, he's getting Smash bros & Zelda, and says i can pick two games, i'm planning on getting Pokemon Eevee & possibly this game, or splatoon.. which should i get?! i LOVE jrpgs so i think i'd enjoy it, but i've heard some iffy reviews..

fuck off faggot

Really enjoyed my time with it. There’s room for improvement, mainly more interaction between the party members. But other than that, everything’s really good. One of the best OSTs ever.

Picked it up after two months off. Left off all on Chapter 3. Just finished my first character's chapter 4 (Tressa). Not gonna lie, I liked it. Every day this week i''m going to finish off all the characters. But these advanced job bosses are wrecking my shit and my characters are average level 60.

whoa. oh wow you're so cool! you can spout homophobic slurs on an anonymous message board!!!

It's a lot to expect but it would have been cool to see different interactions depending on story/party compositions. Maybe to even see slightly different outcomes.

A solid foundation for future projects with a fun combat system and interesting premise with each story for each character being hit or miss.

Glad to hear that they've already promised another console release in the franchise.

7/10 game
average, mediocre, unimpressive but playable

+
God tier music and decently sized world and good voice acting
An alright twist on the JRPG combat system
good art

-
horrible pacing
absurdly repetitive structure
boring opponents
bad balancing
linear quests
total lack of character interaction
bad writing in several chapters
boring exploration
shallow itemization
pointless character classes
terrible endgame storyline delivery
final boss gated behind 30 minute grind with no save slot
no puzzles
totally sterile and uninteractive world

Every fucking boss is hiding in a cave or an abandoned mansion of sorts.

Gets really fucking old, I still have 4 more paths to finish and if I have to walk into another fucking cave I swear to fucking god.

Attached: 1435934259556.jpg (1535x2000, 1.08M)

it was good
3rd/ 4th chapters were generally disappointing though since by that point you realize it's almost over and nothing particularly amazing has happened

Was she really open for business?

Attached: 1550220246914.jpg (2000x2000, 1.85M)

how much for her clam?

sniff

Who the fuck thought no interactions between the playable Characters was a good idea? It seriously hurt the lasting appeal of Octopath, see how doesn't get fanart anymore.

>another retard buying kantoddler cashgrabs

Attached: kish.jpg (1125x1358, 123K)

I honestly think it's a really boring game. Not bad just boring.

It's ok.
Great artstyle and music.
But the gameplay kinda drags
Story is only marginally interesting and doesn't feel as tight as bravely default
Maybe if you're really into old jrpgs you'd love it, otherwise it'll probably bore you

I loved it, but it is just a 7/10 game. Could have been a lot better. Also as fun as it was it was just not really good for playing in long sessions, I could only play it in bursts. Its a little repetitive. Occasionally the stories were boring though I mostly enjoyed them. Needed more character action.

However, it was beautiful, had an amazing OST, the combat was great, and it plays my nostalgia for old RPGs like a fiddle.

shut up faggot

Art and music are good, gameplay is nothing special, and the story is dogshit. After all the hype I was really dissapointed. Its 6/10 game.

I loved the combat and job system.
The artwork was great and the enemy design was pretty good.
The music was fantastic.
The story had huge peaks and valleys. Some characters were great, others were kind of bland. It felt like the 8 character letting you always choose your own direction hurt this.
It does start to drag at the end.
If you like oldschool JRPGs you will probably enjoy it. If you don't, you will probably hate it.

The charge system in combat was so fucking shallow
the only interaction with charges is a few BP boosting/swapping/draining skills, that's it

Imagine if enemy battles had actually been more strategic because BOSSES could have their own BP meter and charge up to big boosted attacks, and you'd have to plan around them. And then have all kinds of bp interactions and modifiers
instead the limit of BP mechanics would be either using an item or spell to grant your dps machine +3 bp per turn and having him do 3x charge winnhield's battle cry each turn or whatever

Get Xenoblade 2, faggot

It alright. One of the best soundtracks of 2018, too.

Attached: 1495567491532.png (1202x892, 324K)

Good game, but grinding felt like a total chore for some reason. Maybe because battles were too slow, or maybe because they gave out too little EXP. I had more fun grinding in the original SMT.
Outside of grinding, though, battles were good fun. They dragged on a bit too long sometimes, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=b7Zc3f8cPnU

Nishiki is a god

Not as good of a soundtrack as RDR2