Diablo comfy thread

so GOG just re-released Diablo and it is fully featured, including joyful coop on battle net or offline with higher resolution.

Its the first time I paid for this game because I think it really deserves to be played and paid for at this point where games are basically beta releases.

It really is the best dungeon crawler you could have with the simplest yet most fun multiplayer elements.

You can die in the game easily, something that almost never happened in Diablo 3...

People who are playing it right now are mostly fans and some new comers making the multiplayer very fun and sometimes even dramatic.... Like when you take a hour to kill the butcher and realize you have no way to defeat the skeleton king...

this game is the definition of comfy vidya.

Attached: diablo.png (640x480, 248K)

you can LAN multiplayer in the gog enhanced version too

true, my bad, also I have to mention at this point I think this game is basically bug free, is quite a incredible gameplay to enjoy

Diablo II on GOG when?

would i enjoy diablo, if i hate diablo-like games?

Attached: 1544525126844.gif (266x243, 250K)

yes because every game that tries to copy diablo does it horribly wrong

it's fine my man, I don't actually have the gog enhanced version but have been considering it and the LAN option with enhanced graphics really is drawing me towards it
is it worth for 10 dollars? rn I'm planning on waiting for a sale but it's not like I don't have the money to spend

well, if you enjoy coop at least maybe, its only 8 bucks

i paid 8,89 euro, its so worth, the battle net also works like a charm.

>yes because every game that tries to copy diablo does it horribly wrong
That's the best thing you could have said. I'll get it for 5 bucks mabey some time!

Attached: 1b6a3f57-b030-4f9d-b6d6-a33729a7a406.gif (225x223, 30K)

lmao
he is right tho, but diablo 3 is a shit show tho, stay way

I'll take your word for it then, I've never played the OG diablo but played many of the games inspired by it so this'll be fun

i pirated it

Diablo is such a good video game

oh man, just one thing, you may need to open ports 6112 to play online

Time just ran out on this game. Its like replaying Fallout 1 and 2. They were good but not so much today... (and yes I am not a zoomer but a 34 year old boomer.)

Attached: 1542546353464.png (356x333, 120K)

i thinks its alright to pirate if you absolutely have no money, but at this point this game is worth paying, its a masterpiece. like user said
>Diablo is such a good video game

thanks for the tip, gonna try out some singleplayer first but I'll keep that in mind for eventual coop

well yes and no, if you played it alot back them, maybe you will not revisit it, im also 31 years old, and I havent really had the enjoyment of playing over battle net on a good computer, so its "like a virgiiiin uhhh"

I break out my copy of Diablo from time to time and it still feels fine to play.

is Belzebub mod compatible with gog diablo?

neck yourself retard, it still is perfectly playable today

I hope it happens by the end of summer of something

personally dont know much about mods and cheats in this particular game, but the internet may know this answer friend

I only had the demo as a kid, while being a fanatic of Diablo2. While everyone said D2 is a clean upgrade now I can disagree.
In D1 you really have to manage hordes of enemies well. Situations when 3 enemies bash you at the same time are life-threatening. Anything more means dead. I like that you fight by luring them around and trying to kill them while moving backwards.
Music is gorgeous. Not just city theme, dungeon music adds up to the atmosphere a lot.
It misses a lot of QoL improvements like stash, potion management, highlighting items on the ground, sensible keybindings - but in the end it's suprisingly unique and interesting for a game this old. No Diablo clone captured this kind of gameplay. Every other game masturbates over special abilities while they feel less engaging than D1 autoattacks.

>they didn't even bother to overhaul the graphics

if I like Diablo II should I play Diablo I? Mommy wouldn't let me have it when I was a lad and I've always wanted to give it a try

Report in with your class lads
Warrior niggas where you at

Attached: amano steiner.jpg (641x1000, 74K)

>warrior
lmaoing at your life

Always warrior, (nearly) never die.
But my char is closer to Paladin since I invested into some magic mostly for Healing.

Nice. I played about half of D1 back in October for nostalgia purposes. I was using my original disc from 1996.

It broke in the drive. Clean in half.

I'll pick this up sometime as a suitable replacement.

this game feels like an alpha ver of Diablo 2, it's fine just Diablo 2 is better in basically every way

I wish I had the shitty sierra expansion to play back in the day

but still just a fun video game

Hmmm, I don't know. While you may be right, there's quite a bit of beauty in the simplicity that D1 offers. It's limitation in scope and design is actually quite refreshing if you play it now.

That said, yes, D2 is superior in virtually every way - but simplicity is attractive, too.