This game fucking sucks

This game fucking sucks.

Attached: file.png (800x800, 1.13M)

You're a faggot and your opinion in trash. Eat shit for life, bro.

>no replies

Here, take this . At least, you tried.

Attached: da4s8wc-c4c516e3-a060-40f9-82ce-e50365ad4780.jpg (480x678, 36K)

if the weapons wern't RNG loot drops it would be 10/10

No shit, boring as hell

Yeah it's nothing remarkable exactly.
Autist

Agree. The only people who like it are people that only like Dark Souls for its difficulty. Cringey edgelord bragging rights.

Yup, but get ready for fanboys to start screeching.

OP here, let me elaborate on why I think so. At the moment I've completed the London Tower, the tutorial, and I've gotten pretty far into the first area (stopped at 118 minutes for that sweet, sweet steam refund).

>absurd amount of loot duplicates, this shit isn't diablo i shouldn't be caring about numbers this much
>combat is just dark souls x ninja gaiden but worse than both of those games individually
>level design is uninspired trash
>basically no enemy variety, killing the same 3 guys over and over again gets boring
>can use a basic X X X combo to dispatch most of the enemies, making all the stances pretty much useless
>the main character is a wooden board with no personality and I don't have any reason to care about him

Attached: 1546283279577.png (454x469, 499K)

>Sekirofag spamming his hate for Nioh because his Fromshill game won't ever have depth

Sekiro clearly has a million times more depth than Nioh lol. Open your eyes bitch.

what exactly don't you like about Sekiro, considering you've obviously already played it?

>combat worse than DS

Attached: 1544840576389.png (500x501, 90K)

I'm looking to get this for the challenge. shitters aside how is it?

Attached: a94.png (500x616, 108K)

He's right. Souls combat is objectively much better mechanically, has way better animations too.
Is very unfun and feels like a grindy chore to play

>absurd amount of loot duplicates, this shit isn't diablo i shouldn't be caring about numbers this much
Except the loot system IS like Diablo's
>combat is just dark souls x ninja gaiden but worse than both of those games individually
Please elaborate. I think the combat is great and the game would be shit if it weren't that good.
>level design is uninspired trash
On half of the levels, yes.
>basically no enemy variety, killing the same 3 guys over and over again gets boring
Yes.
>can use a basic X X X combo to dispatch most of the enemies, making all the stances pretty much useless
I found myself swapping stances all the time even fighting basic enemies. But I guess you could.
>the main character is a wooden board with no personality and I don't have any reason to care about him
The story's still fun, you gotta focus on Kelley

The main problem of the game is that it reuses a lot of enemies. But I entirely disagree, combat and build autism makes it worthwile, you are doing something wrong if you're just spamming XXX the entire game.

I found it fun but if you want to 100% complete be warned that as pointed out above, there's a lot of reused enemies in there. It definitely is challenging though. If you liked Diablo or Ninja Gaiden Black you'll most likely like it.

yea

>Except the loot system IS like Diablo's
It isn't remotely like Diablo. They tried to insert "diablo loot", finished about 20% of the process, and then said fuck it and shipped the game.

The loot system actively makes Nioh worse.

It's extremely fun aside from the Diablo style loot and very challenging later.

I mean why not just wait for Sekiro which is probably way more challenging

Nioh is frequently cheap nad people who encourage you to get the game will not tell you this

>It isn't remotely like Diablo.
user, I mean NO OFFENSE
But I'll let you know that you're being quite disingenuous.

It isn't remotely like Diablo. I doubt you have played a Diablo game. 3 actually doesn't count, btw.

The loot is meaningless. There are no interesting modifiers and the system just completely buttfucks the game with hours of stupid japanese menu management bullshit.

Oh boy, Warrior of the West helmet. For the, literally, 1000th time.

>3 actually doesn't count, btw
This goes beyond moving the goalpost

>There are no interesting modifiers
You didn't go far into the game did you

Diablo 3 doesn't have Diablo loot. Blizzard is failing as a company and actually close to bankruptcy in case you didn't realize it.

Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 are the two games that have Diablo loot. No other game has ever done it correctly/well ever. Not once. PoE is now coming close.

I quit at the ninja mansion maze because it sucked all joy completely out of the game. Will never go back because I don't feel like walking through PS2-era japnaese castle hallways for an hour again.

Oh you're the dude fromt he last thread who insisted it was a Dark Souls clone

it's not, user.
The fact you didn't do research and just listened to idiot "journalists" is the problem.

>Blizzard is failing as a company and actually close to bankruptcy
you've been saying this for a decade
they made more profit in 2018 than any other year, by the way

I know Blizzard is has gone to shit user, I noticed midway through WotLK. You're being really nitpicky. I guess I can see where you're coming from but I don't think you'll ever meet someone that shares your definition of "diablo style loot".

All that said it's clear that you didn't like Nioh as I did. Different strokes for different folks, I get you, the game is far from perfect. Hope we'll both get to enjoy Sekiro if you plan on getting it!

Attached: 894108910.jpg (604x604, 54K)

game is way easier and forgiving compared to dark souls ( I actually like it more in some ways because it's less frustrating.)

Activision Blizzard reported mixed fourth-quarter results Tuesday and offered weak guidance for the first half of 2019. Shares fell as much as 5 percent in extended trading before gaining as much as 4 percent.

Activision Blizzard has revealed headwinds in recent weeks, and said Tuesday it plans to cut its global workforce by 8 percent.

I'm not nitpicky whatsoever. Diablo 1 and 2 are based on math. Diablo 3 abandoned every bit of that math and all items are "+x to stats, +x to Y damage"

To have "diablo loot" you have to have underlying mathematical systems in the game. For Diablo 1 and 2, a lot of this concerned stuff like the attack speed breakpoints, dodge/block breakpoints, etc.

This resulted in builds that were usable and sometimes even ideal that were outside the norm: a sorceress using a sword. necromancer using a crossbow. etc.

Games like Diablo 3 and Anthem don't have these concepts of breakpoints, so the loot is never "Diablo loot" becasue it's never meaningful to put together certain items in a certain way. You are simply always just looking for +damage +stats +effects.

Diablo 3 base game did not have *any* important modifiers. Only in RoS does the loot even slightly resemble diablo loot. But it doesn't matter- the systems aren't there behind the loot, just like they aren't in Anthem or Nioh.

and here's to another decade of you seething about Blizzard

Attached: kotick.jpg (500x617, 87K)

Huh? I don't care at all about blizzard. They've become a non-player in video games. The Diablo immortal reveal was the nail in the coffin.

Fucking BASED. I just refunded few hours ago as well at exactly 120 minutes, game is fucking garbage. If they get their shit together I might be willing to give nioh 2 a try, but it's back to playing actually GOOD games for me and not just soulless clones.

I just bought it for 15 bucks. Was it worth it?

Is anything, cosmically speaking, worth it?

>I’m a dumb cunt
Kek

>every enemy either one-hits you or does half your health bar in one hit
>bosses are the ultimate damage sponges, but they all one or two-shot you (just frustrating and unsatisfying to play)
>obnoxious mobs that feel like they're deliberately designed to annoy the player and waste as much of his time as possible

A 2017 action game where you can't jump or climb obstacles, this game isn't hard because of the enemies' AI, but because of the gameplay limitations

Ninja Gaiden Black is my all time favourite game. I hated Nioh. It felt as inspired as a kgrinder mmo and the challenge level simply wasn't there with the loot trivialising it through set bonuses. It just made me wish cookie was making a new Ninja Gaiden. I shelved it thinking I would get back to it later and lent it to a friend who hated it because it was too hard and he couldn't grasp the gear system.
It was amusing to have the opposite response to these two aspects. We both agreed the lack of an overworld with the lame hemmed in reused levels made it unplayably dull.
Anyway, dear user, to conclude:
Fuck Nioh.
/blog

The bosses are awful, I stopped playing at the rock centipede because the fight was just baffling. The furious nigger with a shiba inu spirit in the fields is fucking stupid too. If you're supposed to level up before hoping to take him on, why the fuck is he appearing so early.

Otherwise the game was pretty cool

>The furious nigger with a shiba inu spirit in the fields is fucking stupid too

This was actually an extremely great boss fight

Once you learn to read him, you can just outskill him

>WotW armor

t. never went to NG+

It really does.

yeah of course I didn't bother playing through this game. Why would anyone play Nioh over and over it's just mind boggling

a lot of you here will just honestly play anything, you don't have any discretion, aynthing is fun to you

You can easily beat Tachinabana at the start of the game if you just learn his moveset tho

yeah and spend a solid 30 minutes chipping at his lifebar hoping you wont slip and start again

imagine being a shitter of such magnitude that you actually take pride in it

Attached: DTJ1CwBVQAA_BIr.jpg (496x496, 40K)

>why not wait for a game in a different genre

sorry, i didn't realise sekiro wasnt an arpg. oh wait

true

as with every game, there was ninha game that inspired NG and a medieval game that inspired demon souls. good or bad -- subjective your waifus dick sucking skills are pretty good tho

subjective, i think the opposite

true

because you played the easiest difficulty, its like souls in the sense u cant choose difficulty

true hes pretty boring no personality at all

Didn't know that being a good game makes it a different genre.

> this shit isn't diablo
the loot system is basically the same, but I suppose it doesn't matter that much, it's not like you NEED to pick up every item dropped by every enemy
> combat is just DS x Ninja Gaiden
basically, but it's faster and tighter controls than DS and gives you more to do offensively than NG. Not sure what it is you don't like about it.
> level design is uninspired
you said your self you've been through 2 levels
> no enemy variety
See above, you've been through two levels so no shit you didn't see much enemy variety
> can use xxx combo and beat most enemies
in later levels and most bosses, stance selection becomes more important, but once again, 2 levels
> main character is a wooden board
It's an ARPG much like DS the story is bare bones in almost every aspect, but he serves as more of an easy player insert than a character with deep complex motives.

Attached: 1529245030512.jpg (500x613, 104K)

Goddamn, I swear Niohfags are one of if not the most autistic fanbase on Yea Forums, they're even worse than soulsfags. Their sole purpose in life is to damage control, it's pathetic and annoying.

Attached: 1546386672890.jpg (368x368, 34K)

>i've played literally less than 1/5th of the game
>i have an accurate read on it
>in fact i think i'm SO right that i'm gonna go make a thread on Yea Forums and tell everyone about it

Attached: 1548073649096.jpg (180x180, 10K)

Bullshit unless you cheesed bosses with sloth on release or you selected stats horribly playing Dark Souls.

True. Game is a 6/10. It seems amazing at first but they should have added more weapons and more enemies. I take it as proof that most game reviewers play a game for five hours before mashing out a review.

damage control... right..
and an op who admittedly didn't play much of the game (less than 10% of it looks like) has any room to actually criticize the game. and then proceeds to move goal posts instead of
>okay, i didnt play the game. but its fun to shit on it though kek
that would be a lot more admirable than gayness youre displaying at the moment
faggot

I like the game, even after dying more than 10 times and not completing it yet. Fighting other people who have died and getting phat loot feels like I'm in an alive universe, the 'devil trigger' mechanic is a fucking blast, and the spirit companion system seems cool as fuck.
What I love most is how you can almost go infinite by timing L1 presses after combos to keep up the aggro. Makes it feel very different from other games of the like I have played and makes me feel not only more involved but more badass.

Tl;dr acquire skill

>more to do offensively than Ninja Gaiden
I don't even know how you could reach the conclusion that Nioh with its stamina bar better facilitates aggressive play. Am I misinterpreting your post?
Why would anyone slog through the immediately repetitious entirety if they aren't enjoying core systems? Physician, jpg thyself.

Nah, yer a cunt.

It's an ok game for 15 dollars on sale.

Real issue is.
> Kill level 5 rev get 65 million Armita
> They all drop the same 2 hander, 1 handed sword, armor
> That armor set seems broken af.

sounds like OP as been freed from this mortal coil once too often.

Attached: 1539045467165.gif (245x168, 795K)

it actually promotes a very aggressive playstyle. you get tons of shit that regens your stamina mid combo and prolongs combos and the most efficient way to play is to be hyper aggressive and out stamina enemies asap. this is also compounded by most bosses having pretty punishing ranged attacks.

he(you?) hasn't even beaten the first legitimate stage. he more than likely doesn't have a proper grasp on the core systems.

just got it on sale, made it to the cave area. Really enjoy the combat. Had some trouble against the 1st boss but managed, Levels seem a bit low budget graphically but I'm liking the design so far for the most part.

The loot system definitely doesn't spark joy. I can deal with it, but it's more numbers than i wanted to compare.

Really like the stances and movesets for most of the weapons I've tried. Is it worth investing in any of the magic or ninjutsu? The shuriken seemed really underwhelming in the ninja tutorial.

bought it cheap and I'm having a decent time with it, but it's so fucking repetitive and the loot system makes me exhausted. only thing they nailed is combat, every other aspect feels mediocre to plain bad

it is, i recommend speccing into or the other. both offer utilities of different kinds. from throwable bombs to weapon buffs to enemy debuffs and self buffs to various very welcome passive bonuses.

also about the loot, in NG you only really need to look at the big damage number, the rest doens't matter. it's only if you decide to go to NG+ and beyond where you should start to bother with the specific bonuses of each weapon/armor piece

>hasn't even cleared the tutorial area
opinion disregarded.

Attached: 1537212283343.jpg (971x546, 56K)

Thank you, I think I'll give the onmyo magic a shot then. Good to know that the more granular stats don't matter as much until NG+ as well.

>the first level
come on boy
the people who deeply hate this game have at least gone further than that
troll or you didn't get the combat

I like your review what about the OST that's important.

That adds to the fun. Unless you are really unlucky.

The game is not great but you are a meme spouting. No one would be complaining about enemy variety after playing 2 levels where the enemy variety is actually good.

Kill yourself

Nioh is fantastic, what is wrong with some of you? The levels were good and for the love of god, the enemy variety was fine. It's like you guys get bored of something so goddamn quickly. William was an alright dude as well and the story was suitable for this kind of game. You beat a mission, get a quick cut-scene and move on. It had it's charm. I get the feeling many of you never properly learn the combat system either because it allows a lot of flexibility to create combos and is satisfying as hell.

>If you liked Ninja Gaiden Black you'll most likely like it.

Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit

>more to do offensively than NG

Don't talk about games you don't play faggot, you don't impress anyone, you just let them know you never played them.

I almost feel bad for Nioh fags.

As a Nioh fag I don't think about you at all.

Attached: file.jpg (1200x676, 130K)

I have played and liked all of the soulsborn games and found this game to be more enjoyable.

Varied builds, diff weapons, gear, ninja stuff, magic, spirit guides, region/mission layout is flexible. There was a story too

10/10 would bang

Looking fwd to sekiro here soon

This
The combat is 10 miles better in Nioh. Closest that apporaches it in soulesborne is BB and it has boring R1 spam combat with the only flavour coming through trick transformations attacks.

Nioh also has solid waifus.

Attached: 1551285097435.jpg (900x1112, 174K)

>combat is worse than dark souls
If not for that line I might have actually fallen for your bait

Attached: 1426680120063.jpg (576x432, 113K)

I actually really like the game but I am bad at video games so I had to stop playing it.

>stopped at 118 minutes

was there really any need to go further than that

Just abuse guardian spirits. I'm pretty shit at video games as well but Suzaku with a spirit level of at least 21 makes the game super easy.

This is the kind of game that isn't very fun to learn but quite nice to replay.
I personally quit after beating the Ice Queen bitch because of how tedious it was. I'm not into grinding ilvl and using consumables so most of the game wasn't very enjoyable. It became very apparent when a friend told me to use a fire enchant and the fire spirit on Umi Bozu (big blob boss) and it melted in a few seconds while I struggle to get it below 50% in some previous attempts.

you don't need to use consumables.
you can light your weapon on fire by using 1 of the 3 bonfires around the arena. of course, that causes it to go out and some minor blobs to spawn on phase changes.

it was a pretty neat mechanic that literally everyone missed

>you are doing something wrong if you're just spamming XXX the entire game

I just finished the second area and this is entirely true. I was struggling until I started to mix things up with the combos and the warrior ninjutsu/warrior skills. Tactical use of onmyo magic and items is essential after the first area as well. OP is an idiot who thinks that a 100+ hour game does not change in difficulty.

>(stopped at 118 minutes for that sweet, sweet steam refund)
I assume you got it on sale meaning you spent what, 15 bucks USD? God damn you're either Indian or Jewish.

Get the magic debuffs and buffs and then just use your guardian spirit. Wrecks pretty much anything.

Yeah enemies have TWO health bars instead of one, extreme depth!

experiment with weapon switching mid combo when you get the moves that ki pulse when you switch.

between that, stance switching with ki pulses and just plain ki pulsing, you can keep combos going for ages

>combat worse than Dark Souls

imagine being this wrong about anything

Attached: laughing xman.gif (400x293, 1.03M)

pack it up OP's fromshovelware shilling bait got exposed.

Anyone else done unarmed combat?
I've been enjoying it, but can you only weapon steal human enemies? I've tried it on some of the yokai with weapons, like the dwellers and skeletons but I can't get it to work.do I just suck or is it not meant for them

yeah i think theres certain moves you cant do against yokai and skellies

i don't think it's meant for them. yokai play by their own rules. those rules being, empty the purple bar and do a finishing move

It was alright for a bit, but then I got bored.

excellent post. very well constructed and thought provoking. i am sure it will spark endless conversation

well okay then, that raises my confidence a little. My next challenge anyway is to beat Tachibanaunarmed, so far I've only managed to get a couple steals on him.

yokais are meant to be sponges, they're meant to be sponges so you can unleash your best combos if you're good enough with the controls

weapon swaps can be used as attacks in themselves to keep the punishment going, useful when you've drained the yokais ki

I mean, it was alright, but it got boring and repetitive fairly quickly.

Didn't hold my attention like BB/DS3.

>Prerequisites for making Nioh playable (*not necessarily fun):
- co-op
- trainer for unlimited Omnyo (magic -- for a pure caster class) and / or ammo (pure archer / gun)
- trainer for character model swaps (*the armours look horrendous, and the Daiblo loot system means you'll be swapping equipment after almost every mission)
- 9999 Ochoko cups

Attached: kawaii_smile.gif (200x200, 1022K)