Still mad

Still mad

Attached: Thief_box_art.jpg (307x323, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU
youtube.com/watch?v=dCBeMw19OOs
youtube.com/watch?v=2mbKQ5fHIvo
youtube.com/watch?v=SzXatp644ME
youtube.com/watch?v=wX1U-S_S44k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Likewise

They just had to copy paste the first game and put 4K textures on it. Literally.

I would have liked a good new game but that was never going to happen. We got the next best thing - total crap that was rightly forgotten by everyone. Better that than something which newcomers mistake for being good.

Does this shit have any mod capabilities?

MYSTERY NIGGAS

Nope

Stop reminding me nigger.

Attached: 1552068613378.jpg (312x312, 59K)

rundown?

classic game series
wider audience
the usual

thedarkproject.com

your welcome

youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU
was he right?

You mean thedarkmod.com

Play fan missions and TDM niggers.

You'd have to rebuild the entire movement system and AI and create a sound propagation system from scratch. After that you're still stuck with a game with terrible level design.

its ok

COCKRINGS

>Mom said it's my turn to rob Lord Bafford's Manor

Attached: thief-4-garrett.png (1920x989, 724K)

Probably my favourite game reivew out there. Shame he never made any others but eh I'd rather have no reviews than bad reviews.

EH EH EH EH EH

Lowpoly games look worse with high-res textures.

Attached: 1546464991522.webm (889x500, 702K)

>ze game iz very story-driven
When you take all of the pre-animated uninteractive parts away from the first mission in the game, you remove 63% of the entire mission.

Attached: 1548587018638.gif (472x465, 2.06M)

How faithful is to the original and what new it bought to the table.

Never won't be mad.

That stream was amazing

>How faithful is to the original
0%
>what new it bought to the table
It took out jumping.

I mean the darkmod, not fucking thi4f

What is this? Fan art? I must say they butchered Garrett.

Hes asking about a mod of the original, not the taffer game

Oh. Well TDM is pretty faithful to the style of the originals. For legal safety it doesn't take place in the same world or use any assets from Thief. It also doesn't have a central story, it's essentially a toolset for people to create standalone fan missions or their own campaigns.
It adds a lot of cool ai behavior, dynamic lighting, and very intricate physics interactions.
It's biggest weakness (imo) is that the sound design is very amateurish and doesn't measure up to the originals.
It's 100% free and absolutely worth checking out.

I should also add that it's much more difficult and slower paced than og Thief. For instance blackjacks need to land in a certain spot to actually work, guards have better vision and generally better hearing (this is balanced by the fact that the entire world won't hear you if you slowly tip-top across metal or tile).

>very intricate physics interactions
I saw some trailers, i will try it out. I hope is something deep like in Amnesia where you can really open the drawers and chests.

It's not like that but you can pick up and rotate things like in amnesia and rope arrows are pretty cool
youtube.com/watch?v=dCBeMw19OOs
youtube.com/watch?v=2mbKQ5fHIvo

To be honest the first thief game was a let down, first mission was perfect and then they had to fuck it all up with zombies in the second level and that DOOM 3-tier third level.

You fell prey to the biggest pleb filter. Congratulations.

>like in Amnesia where you can really open the drawers and chests.
by "really open" do you mean that your mouse control contextually changes from controlling your aiming to controlling your arm and it's one of the most annoying and immersion-breaking systems ever made?

"That's a nice central nervous system you've got there. It would be a shame if the nerve pathways controlling your neck muscles would need to be shared with your arm muscles."

>I-it gets better
Yeah right

play thief II

It does get better, but the first three levels in Thief 1 are most likely the best first three levels in any game.

I did, it was very enjoyable

It hardly does, and not because what comes later is weak.

Play thief 2 if you just want human missions all the time. Personally I like some variety and adventuring in the mix

>nu-Garret reaching out to steal the Thief brand

>the most annoying and immersion-breaking systems ever made
WHAT? I feel the opposite from this, moving the object with my mouse is much more immersive then fucking press a button and shit is magically flying like skyrim/portal/deus ex. It feels like i'm actually using force to move.

>"That's a nice central nervous system you've got there. It would be a shame if the nerve pathways controlling your neck muscles would need to be shared with your arm muscles."
Mate, what? Are you deep into medicine anatomy or something? No one normal would get this reaction. And why should a game be this dense realistic? It should be about how in reality would work, should be about realism.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (465x700, 42K)

>It shouldn't be NOT about how in reality would work
BIG FIX'IT.

I work with a guy who worked on Thiaf.

He still gets bullied about it regularly by half the studio.

>what if we made a female veresin of garrett?

It was ok, but the linear levels were gay and the story was ultra gay, the butchering of the lore was gay.

Tell us more, user. Is this game such a laughstock among other devs? Thief was so under the AAA/wide audience medium that i thought no one would care this much.

The basic controls of a game should never contextually change. Mouse is for aiming. If there is any instance where mouse does not control your aiming, then the game is broken. Interacting with items in the Frictional horror games locks your aim and changes the function of mouse input. That is unacceptable.

i hate these gay little video essays on games.

We all know this shit.

Are there any good stealth games left anons

Both Styx games are pretty good.

In Thief 1/2 the "use" key is contextual. It does different things depending on what you're aiming at. Your argument is flawed.

The game arbitrarily decides whether or not you're visible regardless of light levels. Rope arrows are now context sensitive only and are only used to progress.There's an annoying stuck up cunt that garret seems to have raised or some shit, she kills a guard she doesn't have to cause lel. Garret also seems to get caught at all times by other named characters because apparently being a master of stealth and thievery doesn't mean anything anymore.

The best description I heard was the designers took games inspired by thief(dishonored), then decided thief needed to be like them.

youtube.com/watch?v=SzXatp644ME

>The basic controls of a game should never contextually change
>Mouse is for aiming
>Mouse is for aiming

Holy god, how old are you? Must be a pain to even you play RE4, i can not even imagine the first computer games. You can't be this restrictive to how fucking controls works or you will end up with fucking souless AAA open world shooters in 3° person with upgradable status and zones to free.

Check out Ape Escape, a game made for PS1 when the controller was about to have 2 analog sticks and no one knew what to do with that shit (before it come standard that one is for camera and the other to control your character). The game is busting with new ideas and new concepts just because there were no pre-concept of what two analogs was suppoused to be.
youtube.com/watch?v=wX1U-S_S44k

>hur dur fat cringe gamer
Please before you say something like this, just watch the video for the game alone, he explain well.

Just play Dishonored lmao

>Tfw I enjoyed it for what it was

Attached: thief.png (1143x415, 274K)

god that youtuber is annoying, where's the part where he explains the controls instead of making bad over the top jokes constantly?

I'm-am trying to find the part, i saw this video long ago, fucking guy don't stop with shitty jokes.

>that keyhole jumpscare

Attached: 1549203987790.png (1400x800, 528K)

Styx 1. Styx 2 was okay, but basically made all the wrong choices when deciding how to improve the franchise.

>game about thief
>thieving mechanisms complete garbage
>stealth complete garbage

9:51

I played 1 but not 2, what did 2 fuck up?

Hitman is still good.

Added crafting, lock picking requires a lock pick for ever single locked door, while still taking forever to do, made amber vision free, gives you an ability that essentially makes you immortal, levels are far more linear, didn't remove the quest markers, Styx himself constantly breaks the fourth wall and makes video game references and I could go on, but I'm not going to.

I'll give you that, pleasantly surprised with the new one. But it's more hiding in plain sight unless you do everything SO

Ape Escape was trully marvelous, kinda jankey at times. Luigi's Mansion is another game that uses cleverly the analogs, sucking the ghosts by pushing the analogs into the opposite direction they are facing to force his capture is very satisfying.

Attached: 2a57c078b0839ef6d2425af0803d5961.gif (480x360, 1.25M)

I start playing it right after i finished dishonored. Its just like playing dishonored but not so cool. I think I should try previous games of the franchise anyway

Mark of Ninja, gunpoint, invisible Inc, volume?

>immersive sim, stealth and horror are my favorite genres
>can't get into thief
What's wrong with me bros? I can't enjoy stealth if it's not operator stealth and it seems a lot more linear than other immersive sims, how did it even get that label? I also felt nothing with dishonored.

You played Thi4f or the originals?
If was Thi4f, just stop.

It got that label because it has no meaning beyond 'what Looking Glass felt like calling their games at the time'.

Sorry, i was just being retarded.

Thi4f is just a crashgrab using a brand.

wrong, it got that label because it was immersive (first person, consistent, generally realistic behaviors). Sim because it was a bunch of systems interacting according to a set of rules, not just arbitrary one off designer things like other games do. Look up the stim-response/act-react system if you want to know more.

One of the most fascinatingly bad games ever. On its own it's mediocre, aggressively mediocre but still mediocre. However it's a reboot of a fairly old series from 1998-2003 and when compared to those games it's travesty. But also in comparison it makes no fucking sense - that's what's so fascinating about it.

It somehow fucks up every single thing that the original Thief did well. Thief: the Dark Project (from fucking 1998 no less) was the first stealth game to implement light-shadow and sound-based stealth mechanics and implemented them so well (especially the sound design) that it's arguably never been topped. Add to that non-linear levels and really interesting emergent enemy AI and it's one of the best pieces of stealth game design ever. Thief 2014 somehow fucks up the light/dark mechanics (despite millions of games since copying it,) has some of the worst sound design of any game ever (which would be bad on its own but in Thief it seems to be missing the entire point of the originals,) has incredibly linear levels with forced cinematic shit shoved in and the AI is braindead. It's bad.

But even more fascinating is the story. It feels like cutscenes and entire storylines are missing at times. Even more than the actual gameplay it kinda implies that something went horribly wrong during development and the team had to basically stitch whatever they had together in only a few months. And keep in mind this game was in some form of development for almost a decade (sure, teams came and went and entire versions probably got scrapped in that time but still.) It's further bolstered by all the weird reports of layoffs and multiple important team leaders leaving during development.

So it's kinda interesting in that sense: watching a team desperately try to not make the game a complete trainwreck but in the end most of the actual game is just mediocre. It's still a tragedy though because the originals are the greatest stealth games ever made.

Attached: fuckinghammerhaunts.jpg (480x360, 22K)

I know about all of that but I mean as a descriptor for newer games it doesn't mean much since those features have become commonplace since the 90s (at least as far as LGS's games ever had them), and if LGS hadn't decided to describe their own games that way then people probably wouldn't have come up with it on their own to group together so many disparate games.
Within your own explanation, if you know about S&R then you should know Thief uses it, so there you go.

Hardest difficulty with focus and most UI elements left on.

Attached: Thief 03.31.2016 - 03.54.41.11.DVR.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

My favourite moment was when I got stuck on a cobblestone and had to reload.

Stay mad, fucking boomer

Yikes, kid. This game is garbage.

Not mad, just disappointed. I'm sure you understand the feeling.

Enjoy your shitty graphics, shitty controls, and dated cutscenes. boomer

>muh graphics
Irrelevant since graphics don't make a good game
>shitty controls
The original games have better controls than Thi4f
>dated cutscenes
The cutscenes in Dark Project and Metal Age are far better than the ones in Thief 4, so I don't know what you're even trying to say here. Get fucked, dumb ass.

Enjoy a shit game instead zoomer

Don't sink to this brainlets level user. Kids who use the term b/zoomer basically invalidate their arguments. And existence.

Fucking boomers can't apreciate actual quality from superior cinematic action. Enjoy your amateur shitty game

You were so close to getting quads but didn't

wtf is quads?

>Doesn't know gets
jajajajajaja it all makes sense

>take game that people liked
>change a bunch of shit around
>add unnecessary bullshit
>game fails
You think devs would learn by now.

id,e newfag shitposter.

>retarded south american doesn't know that non-0 gets are disabled on Yea Forums
typical

EH

I know i was just pretending to be retarded, but at least i bumped the thread.
With shit, i don't think it was worth it

Attached: D1Lk2ejVsAI-j9G.jpg (600x478, 21K)

I don't remember saying they weren't? Can you explain me my mistake???

Wasn't the game originally going to be in third-person?

I wouldn't call Thief 4 an immersive sim

>you were so close but didn't
implies that it's possible, beaner
inb4 "m-merely pretending"

I said he doesn't know gets. Not my problem if you're putting words in my mouth. Maybe project less?? Mota can help you friend.

>he has to try and deflect to a completely different post
lmao
concession accepted

Sorry friend, 3384 was not I. Check yourself.

>Original Thief
>Steep learning curve.
>Very hard game.
>You start off floundering around fucking up the stealth and getting caught.
>You start to get good.
>You start doing Batman-level shit
>It's amazing because none of the animation or the graphics are any good - cause it's from 1998 - but it's all happening in game in real time

>Thief 2014
>Shit game
>Pretty easy
>Everything's a pre-animated cutscene including knocking people out
>In trailers it looks like you're doing Batman shit
>In reality you're just pressing a button and watching the character do cool shit for 5 seconds

>It's $1.50 on PSN

Attached: 1549651852384.png (293x282, 104K)

What's the best spiritual successor besides Dishonored?

Read the thread. Notice how only a couple of people are actually talking about the game and instead are lamenting that we're never gonna get another good Thief game. That's how bad it was.